Type keyword(s) to search

Teddi Jo Mellencamp Arroyave: She Rides Horses, Not Cougars

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, watcherwoman said:

John has done well with his money.  He donates plenty to Indiana University.  He has a gorgeous home in Indiana, and enough money to post bond and get lawyers for his worthless sons.   Don't get me wrong, he's an okay guy, very friendly and generous...but his kids!!  John and his dad were pretty cool.  I would laugh if Teddi and her bunch moved to Indiana...lol, a kid named Dove?  She needs to stay in LA, where that name is probably better suited.

I agree that Mellencamp is not hurting in terms of money but there are degrees of wealth especially in terms of how much each child would get when the estate is divided.

None of his children will be hurting financial - regular folks could live well for the rest of their lives on what they will probably inherit. However, the *merely* rich don't buy $7 million dollar homes as a rule.

Springsteen's kids will be inheriting enormous wealth without a doubt. Springsteen bought his daughter a show jumper that was in excess of $1 million a few years ago. As I recall, part of Teddi's background in the first season was that she was a rider on the show circuit but she was riding other people's horses. Her daddy hadn't bought her a $1 million dollar show horse to further her career or even a $200,000 horse 🙂

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

My guess?  He's basically saying the decision was made before that story broke.  

It could be that he was made aware of the story breaking before it actually broke and  they were already talking damage control. 

Either way, Teddi is gone and you could be correct as most people were calling for her dismissal before the story broke. Teddi was just not a good fit for this show. Even before the story broke, social media had already decided her fate. The All In scandal, as well as Edwin showing himself to be a potential added liabiltiy just escalated the situation, and likely was the proverbial straw that broke....

• Love 6

Didn't love her or hate her.

I look back, as Wives and Friends we've had Dana/Pam, Marisa, Joyce, Carlton,  Kathryn, and Eden. On paper whether personality, background/upbringing, marriage/family, profession, etc., seemed like they should have worked for the show.

What I'm saying is, how the heck did Teddi last as long as she did while the others were one and dones?

Edited by AKA...CJ86
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, ladle said:

I'm frankly shocked that we were able to get through Teddi's whole stint on this show without a single appearance from John Mellencamp.

He was on the phone once or twice with Teddi.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ladle said:

I'm frankly shocked that we were able to get through Teddi's whole stint on this show without a single appearance from John Mellencamp.

He's practically a hermit.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, nexxie said:

He was on the phone once or twice with Teddi.

Huh!  How could I have missed that?  To be fair, I do tend to doze off during her segments... 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 9/27/2020 at 5:27 PM, RealHousewife said:

^ Seriously! I still miss Joyce. 

While not as great as Seasons' 1-3, I did enjoy 4 for Joyce and Carlton but the downside was this was when the BH series was getting a bit too manufactored, if that makes sense. But the two (Joyce/Carlton) were on completely different ends of the personality spectrum, which I loved. And I enjoyed that. Personal opinion, Season 5 and onward was the real start of the decline for the show.

On 9/27/2020 at 5:29 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Apparently, she's selling hair products on QVC now.

I think she just recently within the last few weeks went to QVC. She had originally been with ShopHQ (formerly evine). I'd say it is a step up. Wish her nothing but success, I won't be buying, though. It really was one day she was on ShopHQ, the next day she was on QVC. I do watch the shopping channels, it is funny to see where people pop up or leave pretty quickly.

On 10/1/2020 at 6:47 AM, ladle said:

Andy/Bravo love the celeb connection, that's the only thing I can think of how she lasted as long as she did. It seemed like Andy's go to reunion question (I missed this last reunion though) for her were what John/Meg Ryan (I think they're off at the moment, don't keep up with them) think of the show. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 9/26/2020 at 10:36 AM, watcherwoman said:

John has done well with his money.  He donates plenty to Indiana University.  He has a gorgeous home in Indiana, and enough money to post bond and get lawyers for his worthless sons.   Don't get me wrong, he's an okay guy, very friendly and generous...but his kids!!  John and his dad were pretty cool.  I would laugh if Teddi and her bunch moved to Indiana...lol, a kid named Dove?  She needs to stay in LA, where that name is probably better suited.

To be fair,  a gorgeous home in Indiana will cost you $500k with loads of land to boot and significantly lower taxes than Beverly Hills.  If his estate were in CA, it would be in the tens of millions, so he's also benefitting from the low cost of living in Indiana.

• Love 6
On 10/6/2020 at 1:59 PM, LemonSoda said:

I truly believe so! We need a Justice for Joyce campaign! 

We really do! 

3 hours ago, larapu2000 said:

To be fair,  a gorgeous home in Indiana will cost you $500k with loads of land to boot and significantly lower taxes than Beverly Hills.  If his estate were in CA, it would be in the tens of millions, so he's also benefitting from the low cost of living in Indiana.

That sounds about right. The money you spend just to get a decent place anywhere in LA could get you a big, beautiful home in most of the rest of the country. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LemonSoda said:

I feel like she deserved so much better! Carlton too for that matter. 

She really did. Carlton was not a favorite of mine, but I remember reading she got a bad edit from more than one source. Maybe I would have liked her if she were edited differently. 

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

She really did. Carlton was not a favorite of mine, but I remember reading she got a bad edit from more than one source. Maybe I would have liked her if she were edited differently. 

The weird editing and the way Kyle treated her, the gaslighting, etc was unfair. 

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

The weird editing and the way Kyle treated her, the gaslighting, etc was unfair. 

It kind of seemed like Carlton was ready to hate Kyle and be on the cool kids' "Dream Team," but Kyle's been so nasty again. I think she could use some Carlton!

• Love 8
On 10/8/2020 at 12:43 PM, larapu2000 said:

Oh definitely.   He did have a nice apartment in New York too, although I don't now if he still does.  He has donated millions to IU and other projects.   He's happy liiving in Indiana, so I don't think he would even want a mansion in California.   Teddi may end up moving from her mansion too.  Not that I care,  she can stay on the west coast forever and spend her money on her superficial lifestyle.  

• Love 5
On 10/8/2020 at 9:43 AM, larapu2000 said:

All I want to know is if it's pink.  😀

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

^ Looking like Yasmine Bleeth is definitely a good thing! It's so sad a girl that beautiful was told she needed to lose weight. 

It’s heartbreaking. And I know it’s not appropriate but I’ve always thought she was one of the rare whose “Before” was better than the “After” 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

It’s heartbreaking. And I know it’s not appropriate but I’ve always thought she was one of the rare whose “Before” was better than the “After” 

I wish that everyone would stop trying to be super skinny and blonde. Some women look more feminine facially with some softness, and many are more striking as brunettes. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I wish that everyone would stop trying to be super skinny and blonde. Some women look more feminine facially with some softness, and many are more striking as brunettes. 

Me too! We need to make this a thing! 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

What a waste of space that glass box wine 'room' is. It's ugly, too. 

Teddi looks so different, so generic now.

Once again, a plastic surgery fail — emphasis on plastic and fail. Why they want to erase every bit of attractiveness (as well as any personality in their physical features) baffles me. “Generic” is the perfect word. Is it competition or a lack of something in their lives that compels them to do this? Or both?

Time marches on and waits for no one, ladies…

The hideousness that is Brandi Glanville would make me think twice about doing this.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Once again, a plastic surgery fail — emphasis on plastic and fail. Why they want to erase every bit of attractiveness (as well as any personality in their physical features) baffles me. “Generic” is the perfect word. Is it competition or a lack of something in their lives that compels them to do this? Or both?

Time marches on and waits for no one, ladies…

The hideousness that is Brandi Glanville would make me think twice about doing this.

I use to want to do something to my face, a forehead lift, jawline tuck, something but since watching these HW's I have thought more than twice about even getting fillers, who says these shows are not educational, they have taught me a lot about "improvements" and how they are not. 

Personally I think Teddy is highly filtered in those photos, do we have photos that have not been touched for comparison?

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I use to want to do something to my face, a forehead lift, jawline tuck, something but since watching these HW's I have thought more than twice about even getting fillers, who says these shows are not educational, they have taught me a lot about "improvements" and how they are not. 

Personally I think Teddy is highly filtered in those photos, do we have photos that have not been touched for comparison?

I’ll never do Botox or fillers but I’m willing to try a thread lift (I’ve seen great ones) or even a deep plane face lift someday. These shows have scared me off injectables. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Remember when Teddi was new to the show she wasn’t really into fashion and didn’t seem overly concerned about how she looked.

I think there is a strong feeling of competition in southern California - it seems like I remember Kyle used to talk about it quite a bit.

🤔

5C8A0376-DAC3-45DB-BB56-7935752EC490.jpeg

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1

How is everyone getting those big bushy eyebrows? Are there eyebrow wigs nowadays?    
   I have thin, anemic little brows and could never be in current fashion. (Well, I wouldn't really want fat caterpillars above my eyes, either. It would freak me out every time I caught sight of myself, and I'd scream and swat at them)

1 hour ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Remember when Teddi was new to the show she wasn’t really into fashion and didn’t seem overly concerned about how she looked.

I think there is a strong feeling of competition in southern California - it seems like I remember Kyle used to talk about it quite a bit.

🤔

5C8A0376-DAC3-45DB-BB56-7935752EC490.jpeg

But Teddi's lived in SoCal for many years, hasn't she? Maybe it's tv show competition. Or competition in her current friend group?

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 11/19/2021 at 3:17 AM, RoseAllDay said:

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/style-living/teddi-mellencamp-arroyaves-encino-house-new-details

Don’t care about the house in Encino. But Teddi’s had some work done. 

Doesn’t look like her at all.

That picture looks exactly like those "glamour shots" those little Toddlers & Tiaras girls get!

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 8