Type keyword(s) to search

Teddi Jo Mellencamp Arroyave: She Rides Horses, Not Cougars

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Jel said:

I think that's true.  She strikes me as an "ends-justify-the-means" type (Phil 101 spoiler: they do not), and will do what it takes to provide any back up necessary for what she believes is a "good" cause.  Her role in Doggygate last year made that all too clear to me. If her right fighting happens to benefit her personally, so much the better, but I don't think that's her main motivation. I think Teddi believes she's a principled person. But she doesn't yet understand that how those principles are applied are as important as the principles themselves. It's not justice if the law is unjust, if the investigation is unjust, if sentencing is unjust. 

BINGO. I actually liked Teddi at first. I thought she was nice, normal, and didn’t want to judge her harshly for her role in doggygate. She was the new girl, younger than everyone, and seemed out of her element. However, Erika was spot on when she said Teddi is no “innocent fawn in the woods.” 

I don’t like dishonesty, am suspicious of folks no one trusts, and like for people to be held accountable. I also don’t like pile-ons, picking on anyone who’s grieving, or repeating damaging information I’ve heard. Teddi might think “but it’s the truth. I have to be honest. They must be held accountable.” Or, it’s what Kyle thinks. I wish she’d live her life simply trying to be kind and compassionate.

• Love 13
On 8/27/2020 at 10:14 AM, princelina said:

Do you think Teddi minds?  Remember last year when she was drunk in France crying about being the "conscience of the group" or some such nonsense?  But I think that's how she sees herself and sort of enjoys being the policeman of the group - no-nonsense, straight-talking, law-and-order accountability Teddi.

At first I found this trait likeable, but it’s evolved into annoying—especially after she lied about puppy-gate.

While she may have admitted and apologised for her part, I felt she glossed over it to get it over with and I found it insincere. During that whole time Teddi went on and on about how she doesn’t lie.

Bullshit. Teddi plays games like the rest of ‘em and it’s worse because she thinks she’s so righteous. 

• Love 18

Never, ever will you hear me lie. I have never lied in my life. The extremes of a gas lighter. Who hasn't told someone they looked nice in an unflattering outfit or bad new haircut? Claiming perfection in any area is a lie in itself.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, J80134 said:

Never, ever will you hear me lie. I have never lied in my life. The extremes of a gas lighter. Who hasn't told someone they looked nice in an unflattering outfit or bad new haircut? Claiming perfection in any area is a lie in itself.

There are a lot of  psychological tests that have built in questions that capture people who responding based upon the perceived social desirability of the response (a lie detector scale). I’ve worked with and done analysis on many of them.

Anyone who says thawed never lie is lying because we are human and fallible- and sometimes we lie to space the feelings of others

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 8/29/2020 at 6:49 AM, TurtlePower said:

At first I found this trait likeable, but it’s evolved into annoying—especially after she lied about puppy-gate.

While she may have admitted and apologised for her part, I felt she glossed over it to get it over with and I found it insincere. During that whole time Teddi went on and on about how she doesn’t lie.

Bullshit. Teddi plays games like the rest of ‘em and it’s worse because she thinks she’s so righteous. 

That whole thing was glossed over and it really bothered me. Valuing "coming clean" over "being a willing participant and director" of a set up is low level moral reasoning. Confession is important, but the act of confession alone does not erase the wrong doing, which still needs to be accounted for. Unless you're PotLuck I guess.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Just for fun I follow DEUXMOI on Instagram. There are some scathing reports on a "celebrity diet program" that is obviously about Teddi promoting eating disorders. 

I had to laugh at Teddi saying that Edwin giving approval for the name "Dove" because IT'S AN EMOJI!!!

So, frog, snake, ladybug, fox, camel and turtle would have been perfectly fine I suppose.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • LOL 6
6 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Just for fun I follow DEUXMOI on Instagram. There are some scathing reports on a "celebrity diet program" that is obviously about Teddi promoting eating disorders. 

I had to laugh at Teddi saying that Edwin giving approval for the name "Dove" because IT'S AN EMOJI!!!

So, frog, snake, ladybug, fox, camel and turtle would have been perfectly fine I suppose.

Ladybug can be Dove’s nickname.🕊️ 🐞

• LOL 2

Is there a mean babysitter one, because that's Teddi to me.

I could also work with disapproving next door neighbour

The "Karen" meme 

or camp counsellor supervisor who barges in to your cabin and puts a stop to the late night giggling because you finally made friends and your jokes are killing, then puts you on restriction the next day and does not allow you to participate in the treasure hunt that you have been looking forward to all week. (Maybe that one is personal ;)

• LOL 16
  • Love 4

Teddi is really into herself lately. Or extra into herself. I follow her on ig still from when I didn’t mind her and her posts are ridiculous and annoying. She really believes her image she’s put out there of herself. Her fans and prob her think when anyone speaks against her they are just jealous. Lol ok sure.

Also this is bitchy but I feel bad for her kids. If they ever gain an ounce of weight there’s gonna be hell to pay.

• Love 8

My Twitter feed showed posts about Teddi being called out for being a scammer.  I guess someone broke Teddi's NDA and is spilling all the tea about the All In program.

They tweeted Camille with the details, she responded and then Kyle came in telling Camille to get a life and that Teddi has helped women.

And then the villagers picked up their pitchforks and torches and told Kyle she's a hypocrit. 

Twitter hates Kyle.  And Teddi.  Also Rinna and Ericka. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, dosodog said:

My Twitter feed showed posts about Teddi being called out for being a scammer.  I guess someone broke Teddi's NDA and is spilling all the tea about the All In program.

They tweeted Camille with the details, she responded and then Kyle came in telling Camille to get a life and that Teddi has helped women.

And then the villagers picked up their pitchforks and torches and told Kyle she's a hypocrit. 

Not that I condone trolling on Twitter, but if you're gonna troll Housewives, those would be the exact four heifers I'd pick. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, dosodog said:

I am seeing that as well and Teddi's instagram comments are loaded. They are coming for her non stop. Alot of people are questioning her credentials. It's obvious that she is deleting more recent comments to show only positive ones.

If you're going to flaunt your business for the cameras, questions will be asked.

People just want the truth, Teddi. 

• Love 17

It's a scary place.  Due to pandemic boredom, I responded to a tweet someone posted.  Next thing I know, a Bravo person retweeted my comment, but not the comment I responded to, which put my comment in a bad place without context.

This was weeks ago and I still get the "you're an idiot, gaslighter, stupid, horrible, petty" and my personal favorite "picayune" comments about me.

I've always thought my level of dislike for Rinna was pretty high, but nope.  I'm just a little snarky compared to Twitter.

Kyke tries to respond.  And they just annihilate her.  On everything. I'm not even sure why she bothers with a public account.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Kyke tries to respond.  And they just annihilate her.  On everything. I'm not even sure why she bothers with a public account.

Because she's conceited and thinks she will eventually persuade them to recognize how amazing she is?

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

I'm so glad her former clients marks are publicly blasting Fraudi Mellencamp.  Advocating a starvation diet is beyond fucked up (especially since we have decades of info about how badly the body responds to this kind of "eating plan"). 

"The self-described former All In customer claims the meal plan consisted of 450 to 500 calories a day, though the NDA prevented them from getting into specifics...In response to a question about her credentials,

Mellencamp states that she’s an American Fitness Professionals & Associates–certified nutrition-and-wellness consultant — a title one can earn through a $699 online course, or, as Langer puts it, “a fucking wackadoodle credential that means absolutely nothing.”

https://www.thecut.com/2020/09/teddi-mellencamps-accountability-program-sounds-like-hell.html

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 7
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, film noire said:

I'm so glad her former clients marks are publicly blasting Fraudi Mellencamp.  Advocating a starvation diet is beyond fucked up (especially since we have decades of info about how badly the body responds to this kind of "eating plan"). 

"The self-described former All In customer claims the meal plan consisted of 450 to 500 calories a day, though the NDA prevented them from getting into specifics...In response to a question about her credentials,

Mellencamp states that she’s an American Fitness Professionals & Associates–certified nutrition-and-wellness consultant — a title one can earn through a $699 online course, or, as Langer puts it, “a fucking wackadoodle credential that means absolutely nothing.”

https://www.thecut.com/2020/09/teddi-mellencamps-accountability-program-sounds-like-hell.html

Langer seems to be glomming onto Teddi to stir up publicity for her own book:

“This isn’t an acceptable calorie level for anyone,” says Abby Langer, a registered dietitian and the author of the forthcoming Good Food, Bad Diet.”

The very low calorie period was the initial detox (very big these days):

“According to its website, the All In program begins with a two-week “detoxification,” called Jumpstart”

Plus, possibly Lande wants to be on the show,

“Kyle Richards, a fellow Beverly Hills Housewife and Mellencamp’s friend, has publicly taken Mellencamp’s side, sending Lande a snide DM accusing her of wanting to be a Housewife herself”

That said, imo most diet plans are a bit of a con - better to make lifestyle changes (including food choices) with genetics and health issues in mind.

Edited by nexxie
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, dosodog said:

It's a scary place.  Due to pandemic boredom, I responded to a tweet someone posted.  Next thing I know, a Bravo person retweeted my comment, but not the comment I responded to, which put my comment in a bad place without context.

This was weeks ago and I still get the "you're an idiot, gaslighter, stupid, horrible, petty" and my personal favorite "picayune" comments about me.

I've always thought my level of dislike for Rinna was pretty high, but nope.  I'm just a little snarky compared to Twitter.

Aw I'm sorry! 

I'm hella snarky on here, but Twitter is scary to me. And that goes for some of the fans who like/dislike the same people I do. 

I don't condone the really vicious hate some of the ladies get, but they do deserve backlash for being so cruel. Kyle was part of putting Denise through hell this year. 

• Love 10
17 hours ago, dosodog said:

I know it's cold comfort, but some years ago I got a glimpse, up close and personal, at the kinds of people who troll. In a weird way, it made me feel better about the whole thing because I saw them for who they are -- just sort of sad, angry, losers-at-life types for the most part, who find some sense of power in attacking others, like it's all they think they have.  But they fold and shrivel in person. I mad me feel sad for them.

You're already the winner, Doso: you get to live life being you. :)

I'm still kinda mad about it though!

("Picayune" is a new one to me though, gotta give props where due.  ;) )

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

This. Is an All In taco.

Teddi ruins EVERYTHING!

This is supposed to be a meal? It looks like a garnish.

If your diet and exercise program requires you to sign an NDA, that, imo, should be a red flag.  A huge one.

It's possible that Teddi thinks she's invented the concept of calorie deficit for weight loss, and doesn't want the huge secret that "reducing calories below your BMR and increasing calorie burn will cause weight loss" to get out (I could kind of see her as that self-important), but I think it's more likely that she doesn't want any criticism.  In fairness, she does bring that slight extortion angle into it, so that's new I guess.  Kudos, I'm sure she's made con men everywhere kick themselves for not thinking of this first.

I love that she's getting some criticism for it finally. Good. 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, princelina said:

Haha!  Tips from Teddi for restaurant dining:  "Order whatever you hate.  Eat the parsley off the plate and throw the rest out" 😄 

"A bowl of hot water with herbs makes for a refreshing, light soup"

"Use the power of visualization to visualize yourself eating food, instead of actually eating it"

;)

• LOL 15
On 8/19/2020 at 5:07 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

I'm not being bitchy, or not trying to be, but what does her husbsnd do? Even successful I can't see how her business makes enough for this? Trust fund maybe?

Like @Bossa Nova said, that's Pink Houses money, baby!

On 8/24/2020 at 1:49 AM, RealHousewife said:

I agree. Whether you like them or not, their friendship has appeared nothing but genuine imo.

I think Kyle genuinely loves that Mauricio can buy and sell 3 different homes in 5 years for them!

On 8/30/2020 at 9:58 PM, J80134 said:

Exactly!  She can go, and she can take her sanctimony with her.

• Love 17

So Edwin got involved in all of this.  According Emily Gellis who started looking into all of this on instagram after people were comparing it to the F Factor Diet (which she was also looking into), Edwin is texting people her phone number to call her to tell her to "stop looking into this".  Apparently Edwin's business is a bit shady too.

But I will say, if you can get on instagram and read through some of Emily's stories that she has saved (I think there are 3 or 4 for All in so far)...it's crazy!  The way Teddi talks to people is just like "you shouldn't give up your responsibilities for a man" when someone decided to go on a date and not text their lunch meal in time and eat a non-pre approved lunch. She also travels with a scale (did we know that?) and was shaming people telling her that they felt faint and couldn't do their cardio that day with "you owe me more tomorrow".  It's more like a cult leader then an "accountability" coach.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I think Kyle genuinely loves that Mauricio can buy and sell 3 different homes in 5 years for them!

lol I don't disagree with this. But Kyle's not a good enough actress to hide her jealousy and pull off the "love" she has for all the other women. The only person she seems to actually care about is Teddi. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, dosodog said:

This. Is an All In taco.

Teddi ruins EVERYTHING!

I'm on keto and started doing intermittent fasting with it the last month, and have lost 31 pounds in the last 13 weeks. I have a lot more to go. If I had to eat that as a "meal" there is no way I'd last. There's no protein there. It's like a deconstructed guacamole. That actually makes me angry. Also the juice of an entire lemon? It would be swimming in lemon juice.

Also, that's not a freaking taco, blasphemy!

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 15

I never gave much thought to her business. I just assumed it was like other accountability weight loss groups out there. But hearing about what it really is so awful! I did join a weight loss group where I did have a coach. They provided different types of diets (that included diets where you ate more than 500 calories a day!) and exercise programs and yes, they would check in on you to see how you were doing. But they weren’t as crazy as Teddi’s group! If you got off your meal plan or couldn’t exercise one day, they understood things happen and not to stress and get back on schedule the next day. They didn’t kick you out. And yes, I did pay money to do this group, it didn’t cost over $500!

also, while the meals Teddi is encouraging them to eat is horrible enough, if you trying to lose weight, you shouldn’t just do 60 minutes of cardio every day. You need days where you do strength training instead of cardio. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, kalystia1983 said:

So Edwin got involved in all of this.  According Emily Gellis who started looking into all of this on instagram after people were comparing it to the F Factor Diet (which she was also looking into), Edwin is texting people her phone number to call her to tell her to "stop looking into this".  Apparently Edwin's business is a bit shady too.

This is what I don't approve of.  At all.  Now I have to hate Edwin too 😫

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, laffytaffy997 said:

I never gave much thought to her business. I just assumed it was like other accountability weight loss groups out there. But hearing about what it really is so awful! I did join a weight loss group where I did have a coach. They provided different types of diets (that included diets where you ate more than 500 calories a day!) and exercise programs and yes, they would check in on you to see how you were doing. But they weren’t as crazy as Teddi’s group! If you got off your meal plan or couldn’t exercise one day, they understood things happen and not to stress and get back on schedule the next day. They didn’t kick you out. And yes, I did pay money to do this group, it didn’t cost over $500!

Yes!  I was thinking the same thing.  I had joined my gym's accountability program for a while and it was a bunch of us partnered up in groups with trainers and we would have set classes that you would go to and people who you could buddy up with for workouts, etc.  It was actually a lot of fun as we all became friends and it was nice to always have a gym buddy around.  The trainers would also check in if they saw you hadn't been there for a week or so, and if you had a busy schedule or were traveling they would help you look at your schedule and figure out when to fit the gym in, etc.  I figured that was Teddi's business doing something like that on a larger scale. 

But it was much less money and a much (at least from the outside as I have not done All In) healthier environment.  You didn't get yelled at or berated, it was more like "hey it's Thursday, haven't seen you all week everything ok?".   Not "what happened overnight to cause you to gain weight" and "don't drop your responsibilities for a man" and "you are not a victim you are a survivor...remember to pack your scale!".  I don't know, but I find myself feeling awful for Teddi that she thinks that's how you have to talk to someone to get results. But then I also think it's horrible that she is selling this to a bunch of other people as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Teddi had a post on ig and it was a clip from her podcast. Anyways she must’ve been getting ripped apart in the comments cause she turned them off.

Also who the hell listens to a podcast done by Teddi Mellencamp lol.

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, Marley said:

Also who the hell listens to a podcast done by Teddi Mellencamp lol.

Really.  During the reunion, the most interesting thing they could tell us about her, was her daughters finger getting slammed in a door and the tip, amputated.  💤💤💤💤  Sorry for the child, but it really was kind of a downer, but then so is Teddi, so there you have it.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

Really.  During the reunion, the most interesting thing they could tell us about her, was her daughters finger getting slammed in a door and the tip, amputated.  💤💤💤💤  Sorry for the child, but it really was kind of a downer, but then so is Teddi, so there you have it.

And the carrying on over her calling her coworker friends and how they immediately and nobly came through for her by ... providing a phone number/making a phone call. Heroic!

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, kalystia1983 said:

But I will say, if you can get on instagram and read through some of Emily's stories that she has saved (I think there are 3 or 4 for All in so far)...it's crazy!  The way Teddi talks to people is just like "you shouldn't give up your responsibilities for a man" when someone decided to go on a date and not text their lunch meal in time and eat a non-pre approved lunch. She also travels with a scale (did we know that?) and was shaming people telling her that they felt faint and couldn't do their cardio that day with "you owe me more tomorrow".  It's more like a cult leader then an "accountability" coach.  

Let's talk about the husband. Keep in mind, this guy's business is providing people with "Security." 

What a complete asshole!

edwin.jpg

• Love 3

I've been thinking about her business model lately and wondering about the legality of it. Is it legal? She charges people for a legal service (diet, exercise plan and support) -- seems fine.

But the keeping your "deposit" money if you don't text your food pics, or do your cardio, that's less clear to me. A deposit is given to secure further work or goods or to ensure the other party proceeds with the transaction. But it's meant to compensate the injured party in the event that the transaction isn't completed, goods aren't fully exchanged, etc. -- someone has to be out something. The deposit is there so the person who is "out" gets some recompense.

But who is legally "out" if I don't do my cardio?  How is All In injured by me not doing my cardio, and if they aren't injured, on what grounds can they keep my deposit? Is it an enforceable contract I wonder.

As an imaginary lawyer, I'd take this case! ;)

Edited by Jel
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Jel said:

I've been thinking about her business model lately and wondering about the legality of it. Is it legal? She charges people for a legal service (diet, exercise plan and support) -- seems fine.

But the keeping your "deposit" money if you don't text your food pics, or do your cardio, that's less clear to me. A deposit is given to secure further work or goods or to ensure the other party proceeds with the transaction. But it's meant to compensate the injured party in the event that the transaction isn't completed, goods aren't fully exchanged, etc. -- someone has to be out something. The deposit is there so the person who is "out" gets some recompense.

But who is legally "out" if I don't do my cardio?  How is All In injured by me not doing my cardio, and if they aren't injured, on what grounds can they keep my deposit? Is it an enforceable contract I wonder.

As an imaginary lawyer, I'd take this case! 😉

IANAL, but this program is so batshit insane that I could imagine the court siding with you for a refund because you didn't text back an appropriate photo in the correct window of time.  Especially if your "failure" happened because of a real emergency.  That being said, Teddi is banking on the women internalizing this as their own fault and not attempting to get a refund.  The program is designed for the average participant to fail, but I don't think Teddi realizes this.  This is what worked for Teddi to lose weight, so in her mind this is what works for everyone.  Teddi has shown that she has a hard time understanding another person's thought process.  Look at the way she attacked Erika in France because Erika was not bothered by something that bothered Teddi.  I don't see the program as malicious or a money-grab.  Teddi is trying to share how she lost weight and make money, but she is kinda dumb and this is the result--a program that will only work for people who think just like Teddi and have the same goals as Teddi.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The recipe by itself is lacking protein and complex carbs.  It's all flavor but no substance.  

That's not a meal.

Now mushroom barley soup, OTOH... (hey to my Seinfeld buddies! ;)

• LOL 6
14 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The recipe by itself is lacking protein and complex carbs.  It's all flavor but no substance.  

The avocado is nutrient rich with healthy fat. and some protein.  There is no need for every meal or even most meals to contain complex carbohydrates. The whole meal is vegetable based which has carbohydrates.

7 minutes ago, dosodog said:

That's not a taco.

That is a garnish pretending to be a taco.

Kind of like Teddi pretending to be a weight loss expert......

She has lost 80 lbs and maintained. So who is more experienced? She isn't underweight. So what's the problem? For some of us formerly obese, we have to eat very low calorie.  

Edited by OdinO.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD60U4DBUgN/

This is a link to Teddi's instagram, there are two photos, the second one a video where she is pointing out her faults.  Honestly all she ever talks about on her platform is herself, I actually think she's obsessed to the point of being an anorexic or something similar, I'm not sure what this disease is called.  It's not just her, there are so many women on instagram like her.  It's not about being healthy, looking good, we all want that.... it's about creating what they think is a perfect body, face, outfit etc.  It's all really strange and sad that these women who have a platform and could actually do some good for others are just so vapid.

Edited by endure
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, OdinO. said:

She has lost 80 lbs and maintained. So who is more experienced? She isn't underweight. So what's the problem? For some of us formerly obese, we have to eat very low calorie.  

But are you doing an hour of cardio a day while eating a very low calorie diet?  And using detox teas?  Because that is what Teddi is peddling.  I know the detox tea thing is part of the initial period and not something included in the ongoing maintenance part of her program, but once you introduce BS like that, I'm out.  Her whole plan in suspect in my mind by that.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9