Type keyword(s) to search

Teddi Jo Mellencamp Arroyave: She Rides Horses, Not Cougars

• Start Topic

I'm really liking Teddy so far too. Things can change, of course, but aside from a few slightly annoying comments I've found her very refreshing. She's probably my favorite new addition of the last few years. I kind of like Dorit, but I've always sat on the fence with her and have continued to this season as well. I certainly prefer Teddy to the recently exited housewives Kim, Eileen, and Eden. We'll see if I continue to feel this way as the season continues. 

• Love 7

I feel absolutely nothing for Teddi. Not like, not dislike. Just...nothing. I also had a NICU baby, so you'd think I'd feel a kinship with her... but nope. It's a very odd feeling. 

She almost reminds me of a sane Kelly Bensimon, but I'm not sure in what direction that cuts ...

• Love 7

She's kind of a walking contradiction in that she claims to be frugal and grounded but then she name drops her very rich, very famous father in every TH. I'm guessing she probably had a pretty modest upbringing by BH standards but that's not really the audience this show caters to.

Other than that, she is boring. And right now I can't tell if she's secretly balls to the walls crazy or if she'll be utterly forgettable after this season.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, rho said:

She's kind of a walking contradiction in that she claims to be frugal and grounded but then she name drops her very rich, very famous father in every TH. I'm guessing she probably had a pretty modest upbringing by BH standards but that's not really the audience this show caters to.

Other than that, she is boring. And right now I can't tell if she's secretly balls to the walls crazy or if she'll be utterly forgettable after this season.

The HWs are asked questions by a producer in their TH segments, so it is the producer that keeps bring up her childhood/father and the editors decided to use those answers. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think the backyard of the house they lived in during filming also had a small backyard, it was all cement/paved, that backed up to a ravine as well. 

I think you're right. Both would make me nervous with little ones!

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think the backyard of the house they lived in during filming also had a small backyard, it was all cement/paved, that backed up to a ravine as well. 

I thought their backyard was not the best. They had about 4 square metres of grass, and it was AstroTurf. 

Not that I can see any grass in their new backyard. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3
On 1/6/2018 at 5:24 PM, glowbug said:

I'm really liking Teddy so far too. Things can change, of course, but aside from a few slightly annoying comments I've found her very refreshing. She's probably my favorite new addition of the last few years. I kind of like Dorit, but I've always sat on the fence with her and have continued to this season as well. I certainly prefer Teddy to the recently exited housewives Kim, Eileen, and Eden. We'll see if I continue to feel this way as the season continues. 

I like her too. She seems very down to Earth and grounded .  I know she did not grow up in the Midwest but you can tell that she was exposed to those values growing up. 

• Love 2

Ok. I have to ask....

I have googled "accountability coach". 

What a load of BULLSHIT.

What kind of education do you need for this job? Can I sign up?

I am sure that I could somehow qualify. I know how to text people.  If my friend says that she wants to lose 10 lbs in a month, I am sure that I can send her a text to say "Hey, How about those 10 lbs?  Where are you at with that?" 

She does exactly what? And gets paid for exactly what? What the fuck do people actually pay for WHAT?

People talk about PK and Dorit being grifters.

HELLO!!!

Teddi is such a phoney. How the fuck does she earn her money in the ACCOUNTABILITY business?

Let's be honest, if PK and Dorit were advertising themselves as "accountability coaches", there would be post after post questioning them and challenging them and saying "what a load of BS".

• Love 6

Well, Teddi doesn't have the scent of bullshit that follows PK and Dorit around, so there is that for starters. Also, no stories about bankruptcy and lawsuits, for another.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, BBHN said:

Well, Teddi doesn't have the scent of bullshit that follows PK and Dorit around, so there is that for starters. Also, no stories about bankruptcy and lawsuits, for another.

Ok, I understand the bullshit scent. Can you please explain to us "accountability coach" and how Teddy makes money at that? Because I smell a bit of bullshit there.

34 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I am sure that I could somehow qualify. I know how to text people.  If my friend says that she wants to lose 10 lbs in a month, I am sure that I can send her a text to say "Hey, How about those 10 lbs?  Where are you at with that?" 

Maybe you could.  The big question is, could you convince/inspire people enough to pay you to do that? 

18 minutes ago, BBHN said:

What's weird to me is the bankruptcy and lawsuits are apparently the worst thing a person can do when it comes to PK and Dorit, but Margaret Josephs over on NJ has bankruptcies, law suits, has made a video recommending IP theft as a way to start a business, and her house is in foreclosure all while she's throwing lavish parties and presenting herself as a smart successful business woman on TV and everyone's just like "Meh.  That's how business is done."

On the topic of Teddi, I hate the name of this thread.  I don't want to think about her riding her dad.

• Love 6

What's weird to me is the bankruptcy and lawsuits are apparently the worst thing a person can do when it comes to PK and Dorit

Not the worst, just another item in a long list of the shitstorm that is PK & Dorit.

Maybe by being a friend.  I would not expect to be paid for that.

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing a good chunk of Teddi's clients aren't her friends. Unless they're willing to pay her, which good for her.

Edited by BBHN
5 hours ago, BBHN said:

No, she has the smell of exclusive Del Mar horseshit on her designer boots.

PPPPFT - I'll yell at y'all for free.  I am accountable for my bitchery.  ;-)

• Love 8
3 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

No, she has the smell of exclusive Del Mar horseshit on her designer boots.

PPPPFT - I'll yell at y'all for free.  I am accountable for my bitchery.  ;-)

Teddi kind of came clean in her blog this week about knowing the difference between wine glasses and then threw is an "I don't care," well it seems Teddi is no stranger to the finer things in life, and made her living at one time doing PR for a "celebrity" boutique in LA.  Here is the write up of her wedding:  https://www.insideweddings.com/weddings/teddi-mellencamp-and-matthew-robertson/190/  Note she mentions that her husband was late to their first date and she is ready early for her wedding.  Here is the YELP on the boutique https://www.yelp.com/biz/intuition-los-angeles  Teddi knows how to hire people for an affair.  She is just doing the aw shucks for the benefit of the show.

I kind of feel bad for Teddi in that it was her wedding and her dad decided to play a set and his neighbors decided to crowd the lake for the venue.  So it seems pretty apparent Teddi's wedding became a lot about her dad.  His property, his checkbook.

If Teddi was truly a professional equestrian she has a lot of upper crust manure on her boots.  

On 1/29/2018 at 12:11 PM, Carolyn15 said:

I like her too. She seems very down to Earth and grounded .  I know she did not grow up in the Midwest but you can tell that she was exposed to those values growing up. 

Teddi did not grow up in the midwest she grew up in Hilton Head, SC, a very upscale place.  She even mentions how the average price for a home where she grew up was $1,000,000.00.  As far as midwest values, I don't think her father is exactly a paragon of virtue.  He does do good deeds like Farm Aid and is an accomplished musician and songwriter.  It seems the midwest virtues did not rub off on her brothers who were raised in Bloomington, IN.  https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/01/11/john-mellencamps-son-speck-sentenced-community-service-public-intoxication/1024515001/

• Love 1
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Teddi kind of came clean in her blog this week about knowing the difference between wine glasses and then threw is an "I don't care," well it seems Teddi is no stranger to the finer things in life, and made her living at one time doing PR for a "celebrity" boutique in LA.  Here is the write up of her wedding:  https://www.insideweddings.com/weddings/teddi-mellencamp-and-matthew-robertson/190/  Note she mentions that her husband was late to their first date and she is ready early for her wedding.  Here is the YELP on the boutique https://www.yelp.com/biz/intuition-los-angeles  Teddi knows how to hire people for an affair.  She is just doing the aw shucks for the benefit of the show.

I kind of feel bad for Teddi in that it was her wedding and her dad decided to play a set and his neighbors decided to crowd the lake for the venue.  So it seems pretty apparent Teddi's wedding became a lot about her dad.  His property, his checkbook.

If Teddi was truly a professional equestrian she has a lot of upper crust manure on her boots.  

Teddi did not grow up in the midwest she grew up in Hilton Head, SC, a very upscale place.  She even mentions how the average price for a home where she grew up was $1,000,000.00.  As far as midwest values, I don't think her father is exactly a paragon of virtue.  He does do good deeds like Farm Aid and is an accomplished musician and songwriter.  It seems the midwest virtues did not rub off on her brothers who were raised in Bloomington, IN.  https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/01/11/john-mellencamps-son-speck-sentenced-community-service-public-intoxication/1024515001/

I don't think she ever said she didn't know how to do this kind of stuff.  It seems to me that she is doing what she is more comfortable with for her own party.  Or not.  Who really knows.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't think she ever said she didn't know how to do this kind of stuff.  It seems to me that she is doing what she is more comfortable with for her own party.  Or not.  Who really knows.

Actually she did and said that is why she had her friend come over.  I don't think it is a big deal to ask for another glass.  I don't think Dorit and RINNA should have expanded the conversation and had a discussion as to why.  If Teddi is so effing comfortable with her choices of entertaining she should not be whining to LVP and Kyle about the others and their reactions to her entertaining.  When Erika didn't have food she didn't let it bother her.  

The real issue is Teddi, who likes to claim she doesn't talk behind someone's back, has run to both LVP and Kyle and complained about the glassware situation.  LVP took it up with Dorit and Kyle took it up with Rinna, who just blew it off.    So either Teddi is bothered by what others' think or she isn't-she can't have it both ways.  In reality she is just a normal RH and talks smack.  My issue with Teddi is she is starting a rub with Mom and Dad (LVP and Kyle) over her hurt feelings.  I will be curious where her accountability lies.

I have always liked Kyle but I do think she is working overtime and making stuff happen that should not be and she goes the extra distance next week.  Tears and insults to LVP.  That is one Kyle.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Actually she did and said that is why she had her friend come over.  I don't think it is a big deal to ask for another glass.  I don't think Dorit and RINNA should have expanded the conversation and had a discussion as to why.  If Teddi is so effing comfortable with her choices of entertaining she should not be whining to LVP and Kyle about the others and their reactions to her entertaining.  When Erika didn't have food she didn't let it bother her.  

The real issue is Teddi, who likes to claim she doesn't talk behind someone's back, has run to both LVP and Kyle and complained about the glassware situation.  LVP took it up with Dorit and Kyle took it up with Rinna, who just blew it off.    So either Teddi is bothered by what others' think or she isn't-she can't have it both ways.  In reality she is just a normal RH and talks smack.  My issue with Teddi is she is starting a rub with Mom and Dad (LVP and Kyle) over her hurt feelings.  I will be curious where her accountability lies.

I have always liked Kyle but I do think she is working overtime and making stuff happen that should not be and she goes the extra distance next week.  Tears and insults to LVP.  That is one Kyle.

Had production introduced Teddi as friends with Rinna, I would have said that she came on with the intent to go after Dorit for Rinna. LOL How/why they are going after each other makes me wonder what production is up to. LOL

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Had production introduced Teddi as friends with Rinna, I would have said that she came on with the intent to go after Dorit for Rinna. LOL How/why they are going after each other makes me wonder what production is up to. LOL

Rinna is truly busy and I don't think she wanted to make another Eden mistake.  The natural coupling was between Dorit and Teddi just because they both have small children.

For some reason I think production decided they needed to plant a seed between LVP and Kyle.  I don't think Teddi wanted to be the seed but she just can't seem to help herself.  It is like Camille screaming from the bench "put me in coach" and blaming Dorit for taking all the camera time.  Teddi has had an equal amount of camera time and a lot of events.  

Production keeps trying to make it happen that Dorit is not redeemable and even tossing Eileen into the stew with Rinna and Erika it is just not getting any traction.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-8/episode-7/videos/eileen-davidson-is-here 

I believe at this juncture everyone (except Camille) likes both Dorit and Teddi.  Neither Teddi or Dorit are mean spirited so I doubt they want a showdown on who are their die hard supporters.  Mom and Dad love both their children equally.  

• Love 2

How/why they are going after each other makes me wonder what production is up to. LOL

Dorit really seems to the one going after Teddi so far, not the other way around.

Teddi knows how to hire people for an affair.  She is just doing the aw shucks for the benefit of the show.

I'm not really sure what that supposed smoking gun is supposed to convict her of...?

• Love 1

I like her;  I'd probably like her a lot in real life.  howEVER, I'm getting whiffs of Amazing Ariana from Vanderpump Rules with her, Oh Yeah, I don't know fashion, I only know horses, yeah, I'm not catty, oh, I *hate* shopping!

Bitch, what the hell are you doing on the Housewives?  I don't really get what Princess Aboveitall is bringing to the party.

• Love 6
On 1/31/2018 at 10:30 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

What's weird to me is the bankruptcy and lawsuits are apparently the worst thing a person can do when it comes to PK and Dorit, but Margaret Josephs over on NJ has bankruptcies, law suits, has made a video recommending IP theft as a way to start a business, and her house is in foreclosure all while she's throwing lavish parties and presenting herself as a smart successful business woman on TV and everyone's just like "Meh.  That's how business is done."

On the topic of Teddi, I hate the name of this thread.  I don't want to think about her riding her dad.

Agreed.  I think "Teddi Jo Mellencamp-Arroyave, She's Accountable" might be better.

• Love 4

I was listening to a podcast about the housewives, and someone actually was on Teddi's program thing.

Turns out...it sucks!! lol

$400.00 per month, and u dont even get Teddi!

The coach for this person was some middle aged woman in the mid west.

You have to send photos of every meal, and report on excersise and stuff like 4 times a day.  If u skip ONE report, your account is deleted, and you do not get a refund.

This person had an emergency and couldnt submit one report, and was blocked immediately!  She never got a return call or message, and no refund...

sounds super fun?

http://laworkoutjunkie.com

Edited by Christi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Christi said:

I was listening to a podcast about the housewives, and someone actually was on Teddi's program thing.

You have to send photos of every meal, and report on excersise and stuff like 4 times a day.  If u skip ONE report, your account is deleted, and you do not get a refund.

This person had an emergency and couldnt submit one report, and was blocked immediately!  She never got a return call or message, and no refund...

sounds super fun?

Teddi's website blog has been under construction since August 2017. Who is keeping her accountable?

http://laworkoutjunkie.com/blog/

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 2/17/2018 at 6:05 PM, Christi said:

sounds super fun?

Sounds as flexible as Teddi.

• Love 6

Yuk, I live in the OC and I was seated next to a woman at a luncheon awhile ago and she took a pic of her food and sent it off.. I thought she was so weird. 

Serious side eye..Who does that?

Edited by AntAnn
Bc
  • Love 3
On 1/7/2018 at 4:16 PM, ladle said:

I feel absolutely nothing for Teddi. Not like, not dislike. Just...nothing. I also had a NICU baby, so you'd think I'd feel a kinship with her... but nope. It's a very odd feeling. 

She almost reminds me of a sane Kelly Bensimon, but I'm not sure in what direction that cuts ...

I'm right there with you Ladle.   For me, it takes a good two seasons to feel as if I have a decent sense for these women.  Sometimes longer. 

Where Teddi is concerned, I feel that we'll see some cra-cra eventually.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
Just now, AntAnn said:

@walnutqueen

love you ❤️❤️❤️

Stop, already.  I don't lunch with ladies;  I hate everyone, and despise emojiis and emoticons. Your lurve is well wasted elsewhere ... ;-)

That said, I am easily distracted by good food, good gossip and good booze (and pretty, sparkly trinkets) ... so if there's an emojicon for that, have at it!

Put it right next to the side-eye I am throwing at any "accountability coach".  Especially one who marries a Herman Munster/hot guy hybrid and pretends her life is perfect.  And now it appears that she's scamming people ...

I will excoriate you for free.  $1,000 penalty for sending me a picture of your food or poop.

• Love 6