Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Discussion

On 14/03/2018 at 4:23 AM, vavera4ka said:

And Tyra was next level “what’s she smoking and can I have some” with her “features wearing people” and “baby talk” stuff. 

I don't know what it was, but obviously she shared it with Law at panel. What the heck was that? Asking Kyla how many boyfriends she had? And his remarks about Khrys's appearance (milkmaid hair and bridesmaid dress? Was that supposed to be funny?).
And they probably slipped some of the stuff to Erin during go-sees. She sounded like a totally different person.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Yeah, that's why I didn't want to google her in the first place, I was worried what I might find. :)

I actually did look, and yeah, the photos are not exactly tasteful.  ;-)

I don't have a problem with her posing nude. As she said in the behind-the-scenes episode, she needed the money. I know there are plenty of ways to make money, but most of these contestants have endured difficulties in their lives.

On another note, I've noticed that every contestant has some sad story that drove them to this particular show. They all seem to come from working class or poor backgrounds.

Despite having to raise five kids, which I imagine would have been difficult, I didn't really think that Erin complained all that much. Maybe her age and life experience played into that. Sure, there was the story about her son's father who had cancer and she left the man. As a cancer survivor, I wasn't offended by her story, although I can understand why others might be. I had to do chemo, but there are all types of chemo. I was lucky with my treatment. I'm guessing her son's father was on some powerful chemo, maybe even the "red devil." Chemo can really screw with your brain and alter your mood and personality in negative ways. Anyway, I imagine Erin stuck the situation out as long as she could before she was about to breakdown herself. I cut her some slack in this regard. That said she wasn't a strong model, but I was happy to see her make it as far as she did.

With regard to Christina, some of the other contestants derided her for being "bougie" or whatever. The only reason Christina was on this show is because she had been a model and fell out of favor and exhausted other modeling opportunities for whichever reasons. Maybe her personality, or she "aged out" in some way. 

Any contestant from a middle or upper class background who's interested in modeling isn't going on any of these shows to pursue it. They'll go directly to the agencies and attend open calls. A few might go to a modeling convention with the hopes of being scouted there. But apply to become a contestant on ANTM? Not a chance, unless they've already gone through the regular channels or their agencies dropped them and no one else showed interest. 

I can see why the quality of contestants has been steadily falling over the years. I wouldn't say they're bottom of the barrel, but mostly people who are desperate to get out of whatever terrible situation(s) they're in. 

I hope Jeana, Rio, Krys, Shanice, and Kyla find some sort of happiness, regardless of who wins this cycle.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 5

Yes, I haven't looked up Jeana's nudes either because I was afraid that they'd be less than tasteful.  Nothing wrong with doing nudes but her trying to make it sound like Hefner was some great lover of women's right is pretty laughable.  She just really needs to stop arguing with the IG posters.

As for Toccara's ed, I was glad she got included in Vogue Italia but I was disappointed that the shots were nude.  Which is my problem with how most fashion publications tend to feature plus size models; they're either nude or in lingerie.  It's really narrowly focused.

As for Rio, no one is entitled to be a star, model or live in a high cost city that they can't afford.  There are other options.  And her picture getting FCO, I can only see that working based on the type of mag that Paper is.  I mean, the Kardashians are regular cover girls so we're not talking about high art here.

The girls this cycle can probably find some kind of modeling work but none of them is going to be a supermodel.  I think Khrys will be okay and even Kyla if she can figure out what to do with herself (meaning, she needs to find an agency/agent that will put some effort into helping her reach her potential and that's not ANTM).

Which brings up the point that none of the judges is helpful (Tyra included).  Law cracking on Shanice's walk is one thing but unless he's going to help her improve it, he needs to shut-up.  I've rarely ever found Drew helpful on set (then again, I didn't find Mr. Jay all that helpful either; he usually gave them good advice AFTER the shoot was over) so I don't doubt that the girls are usually confused about what to do.

I hope Erin can enjoy her family and her life.  I know she wants to model but she probably needs to accept that her options are limited and go from there.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

I hope Erin can enjoy her family and her life.  I know she wants to model but she probably needs to accept that her options are limited and go from there.

I agree. I like that she had this opportunity to live out a life long dream. Hopefully that is enough for her. Did they ever say what it is she does for a living? Usually the hamsters are in their teens or early twenties so haven't quite established a non-modelling career, but someone like Erin probably had a "real" job before the show. Wonder if she'll go back to that.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, ForReal said:

I finished watching the rest of the behind the scenes. At first I was seeing the better side of Rio in her section, but once she started up with the whole "I've had a hard life, I almost DIED, so I deserve to win this!" routine, I was done. She might deserve some joy in her life, but she does not deserve to win a competition like this unless she outperforms everyone else, which so far she hasn't.

Honestly, this is the saddest sack of model wannabes ever.

She also groused because last week (or the week before) an amateur model (Kyla) got best photo and not her, Rio, someone who has been working at this for years.  So flipping what?  To both sets of whines.

• Love 2
On 3/14/2018 at 10:21 AM, CheezyXpressed said:

What I liked about the older seasons was that a bad model could get better through practice and good direction. It was fun seeing someone who was horrible in week one become stunning as the season went on. I don't find that happening here. The girls are still making the same mistakes and the ones who know how to model are doing well, because they already know what to do.

So true. That's what makes the Ty-over work--it's a dramatic transformation, and then there's the evolution of a pretty girl into a model with experience in front of cameras, runway audiences and go-sees.  This episode in particular could have done more with the go-sees as teaching moments (in the past, time management was one)  Did I hear right, each place could only choose one girl?  I was surprised that Krystyana didn't get any, given her past wins in similar challenges.

On 3/14/2018 at 3:39 PM, CheezyXpressed said:

Did anyone watch the blooper/extra episode? It made me sad for all of the girls, even Rio...maybe a little bit Rio, because they have a lot more personality there but they dialed it back for the sake of drama. The girls having fun, joking around, crying, etc... it made me wonder where these people are, because we don't see it on the show.

So agree. Who were these people? I'd rather have watched them than what we were shown.

On 3/14/2018 at 11:08 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Rio's picture was just Meh.  How did it get FCO?  

When they first said she was a dead ringer for Stacey MacKenzie, I knew they would pick it. But I also wouldn't have been surprised if they blasted her for looking like a knockoff of an established model.

21 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I don't have a problem with her posing nude. As she said in the behind-the-scenes episode, she needed the money. I know there are plenty of ways to make money, but most of these contestants have endured difficulties in their lives.

On another note, I've noticed that every contestant has some sad story that drove them to this particular show. They all seem to come from working class or poor backgrounds.

Yeah, they focused way too heavily on Brendi K, when Jeana talked about her mom being a drug addict and prostitute, and herself being abused in fostercare. Now that they're giving Jeana the villain treatment it doesn't bode well that they also had her as the only other contestant that Krystyana threw shade at. Although Krystyana was giggling through it, so there might be some editor shenanigans. Who knows.

20 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

Law cracking on Shanice's walk is one thing but unless he's going to help her improve it, he needs to shut-up. 

I think he did try to help, we just weren't shown it. But we've seen Shanice's response when Jeana gave her unsolicited advice. We get that Shanice can't stand Jeana, but take help wherever you can get it!!!!

Edited by Kaiju Ballet
fumblefinger typo...
  • Love 3

OMG, watching Erin at the castings was mortifying!  I can't believe how she acted.  Just put the clothes on, walk around, and shut up.  That's your job as a model.  Bye!

Can Tyra please just give the win to Khrys now?  Because she's the only one there who deserves it.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Token said:

OMG, watching Erin at the castings was mortifying!  I can't believe how she acted.  Just put the clothes on, walk around, and shut up.  That's your job as a model.  Bye!

Can Tyra please just give the win to Khrys now?  Because she's the only one there who deserves it.

I was disappointed that Erin was acting young in this latest episode. So unnecessary. 

I think Krys is the overall package, but the fact that she's curvy might hinder her (somewhat) in the modeling world. 

I know there are curvy well-known models, but I feel as if they're still in the minority. 

• Love 2

I forgot to add..... Jeana's arrogance was next level in this episode.  Regarding Shanice, she said "I need to get rid of her".  Honey, you don't make the decisions, Tyra does.  Tyra eats people like you for breakfast.  And you will never be a supermodel.  You can have an inner supermodel as much as you like, but you're too short.  It's pretty appropriate that the designer fawning over you was the one who made ridiculous clothes that no sane human would ever wear.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I think Krys is the overall package, but the fact that she's curvy might hinder her (somewhat) in the modeling world. 

I know there are curvy well-known models, but I feel as if they're still in the minority. 

She certainly won't be a mainstream success, but I think, as curvy models go, she could model circles around Ashley Graham so I think she could make a name for herself, though she is on the older side, no? So that might be an issue. Just looked, she's 32. Bit old for a top model I'd think.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

So true. That's what makes the Ty-over work--it's a dramatic transformation, and then there's the evolution of a pretty girl into a model with experience in front of cameras, runway audiences and go-sees.  This episode in particular could have done more with the go-sees as teaching moments (in the past, time management was one)  Did I hear right, each place could only choose one girl?  I was surprised that Krystyana didn't get any, given her past wins in similar challenges.

So agree. Who were these people? I'd rather have watched them than what we were shown.

When they first said she was a dead ringer for Stacey MacKenzie, I knew they would pick it. But I also wouldn't have been surprised if they blasted her for looking like a knockoff of an established model.

Yeah, they focused way too heavily on Brendi K, when Jeana talked about her mom being a drug addict and prostitute, and herself being abused in fostercare. Now that they're giving Jeana the villain treatment it doesn't bode well that they also had her as the only other contestant that Krystyana threw shade at. Although Krystyana was giggling through it, so there might be some editor shenanigans. Who knows.

I think he did try to help, we just weren't shown it. But we've seen Shanice's response when Jeana gave her unsolicited advice. We get that Shanice can't stand Jeana, but take help wherever you can get it!!!!

As much of a B I have comes to think Jeana is, I did not get a 'trying to be a B" vibe from that particular moment. Sure, it was a bit clumsy, but Jeana wasn't trying to mock Shanice. 

1 hour ago, Token said:

I forgot to add..... Jeana's arrogance was next level in this episode.  Regarding Shanice, she said "I need to get rid of her".  Honey, you don't make the decisions, Tyra does.  Tyra eats people like you for breakfast.  And you will never be a supermodel.  You can have an inner supermodel as much as you like, but you're too short.  It's pretty appropriate that the designer fawning over you was the one who made ridiculous clothes that no sane human would ever wear.

I laughed so freaking hard at this. Like a 'girl, who are you' laugh out loud. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Landlord said:

As much of a B I have comes to think Jeana is, I did not get a 'trying to be a B" vibe from that particular moment. Sure, it was a bit clumsy, but Jeana wasn't trying to mock Shanice. 

I agree. I'm not a Jeana fan anymore but I thought she was actually trying to give Shanice some constructive criticism, and she wasn't wrong. Shanice does kind of walk like that. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

She certainly won't be a mainstream success, but I think, as curvy models go, she could model circles around Ashley Graham so I think she could make a name for herself, though she is on the older side, no? So that might be an issue. Just looked, she's 32. Bit old for a top model I'd think.

Krys has more appeal than Ashley. I think. 

I'm glad you brought up Krys' age because I keep forgetting that she's in her 30's. I agree that she's a bit too old to become a top model.

• Love 1

The models learn personality goes a long way as they are challenged to design an avatar for the new America's Next Top Model mobile game; the ladies tap into their inner video vixen.

On 3/15/2018 at 5:26 PM, Surrealist said:

I finally watched the behind-the-scenes episode, and Jeana saying that she's going to get sexualized either way because she has breasts and a vagina made me very sad for her. She obviously doesn't feel empowered about the choice to pose nude. She also said her mother turned to prostitution to fund her drug addiction, so that probably contributed to Jeana's attitude that it's OK to exploit herself for money.

I doubt she's going to become a sought-after editorial model after this show, but I hope it gives her enough options that she doesn't have to go back to degrading herself.

• Love 4

I read somewhere (but can't seem to verifiy) that the next episode is the last, and the winner will be picked from the final five. Is this right? I don't feel like we've seen enough of them modeling to be able to pick the top one.

8 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I finally watched the behind-the-scenes episode, and Jeana saying that she's going to get sexualized either way because she has breasts and a vagina made me very sad for her. She obviously doesn't feel empowered about the choice to pose nude. She also said her mother turned to prostitution to fund her drug addiction, so that probably contributed to Jeana's attitude that it's OK to exploit herself for money.

I doubt she's going to become a sought-after editorial model after this show, but I hope it gives her enough options that she doesn't have to go back to degrading herself.

I agree with you. I didn't think she came across as empowered in that clip. Sometimes I roll my eyes at the sad stories that every contestant seems to have, but I felt bad for Jeana. I think her bitchiness on the show is a front because of the life she's led. 

I wouldn't wish her circumstances on anyone. I hope this show is a starting point so that she can take her life in a new direction. But like you said, I don't think editorial modeling will be an option for her. Maybe, but most likely not.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, ForReal said:

I read somewhere (but can't seem to verifiy) that the next episode is the last, and the winner will be picked from the final five. Is this right? I don't feel like we've seen enough of them modeling to be able to pick the top one.

According to my local TV listings, there are at least two more episodes, 3/20 and 3/27.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

According to my local TV listings, there are at least two more episodes, 3/20 and 3/27.

Mine too.

Although I'd be happy for just one more episode..... give Khrys the win already and stop the bitchfest this season has become.

• Love 6

I never cared for Jeana, even when everyone thought she was nice, so it doesn't bother me one bit to see her go.  But the editing did her wrong by making it look as though she just pushed her way into the pillow fight shoot, when they could have shown the director asking her to go in.

• Love 22

"There are five strong models in this room" - so if Tyra considers herself and Ashley strong models, she thinks only three of the hamsters are. Or she only considers herself and the remaining four hamsters to be strong models and not Ashley. I guess we'll never know.

Director X made himself look like an amateur when he said he wanted everyone to be in the pillow fight but some girls had already changed out of their outfits. A good director would have communicated to everyone what scenes they're going to be in, and if the group pillow fight was a last minute decision, made the other two get dressed again.

I thought the avatar challenge and the entire ANTM game looked stupid, but then I remembered that Kim Kardashian made something like $83M with an equally stupid game. If the game helps Khrys make more money when she wins, I'm all for it.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 16

The writing on this "reality" show is so transparent. Rio is clearly on the fast track to the top two, if not to win. Nobody buys that storyline about her bringing nothing to the shoot. Still rooting for Khrys. She's always stunning. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Marmiarmo said:

But the editing did her wrong by making it look as though she just pushed her way into the pillow fight shoot, when they could have shown the director asking her to go in.

The song was underwhelming, and I felt bad for the girls. After weeks of being told to always remember to look like a model, they're now yelled at for not looking bored or--in Jeana's case--for doing a runway walk in her cyberfetish outfit. What the heck did they put Khrystyana in? I don't even mean the shoes, she looked like she was wearing the knit throw from Grandma's sofa. I'm surprised she didn't get praise for her "show must go on" attitude even when her shoe fell apart.

Kyla was given the best outfit, and the only one to have the dining room table to prowl on. When they kept focusing on her crush on Director X, the only surprise was that she didn't get FCO.

Sha-nasty looked like those late night telephone line commercials.

3 hours ago, rlc said:

So completely over Shenasty calling everyone else mean while she smirks and badmouths the girls she doesn’t like nonstop.

Right? They tried to create Jeana's smirkgate with Krystyana's stumble, but we've been subjected to Shenasty (nice!)'s smirks whenever Jeana or Rio get critiqued, or in her non-stop trashing of the other girls. She can take her stank walk and equally stank attitude off my screen any minute now.

• Love 8

Who snatched one of my dead auntie’s wigs and gave it to Jeana in the music video shoot ?  

They were definitely giving Jeana the crazed SWF/ Black Swan edit. It was almost laughable. Throw in a little Showgirls and they could have had her flinging some beads on the floor for Khrys to stumble on. 

• Love 21

After they showed a preview of the final runway in the “recap” episode (I didn’t see a thread for it: maybe no one else was masochistic enough to watch?) last week, and it showed clear as day that the finalists all had a child as a prop while the eliminated hamsters walked solo, and Jeana had no child to escort down the runway, I figured she’d be next out.

Editing sure helped me be happy with that choice, but I can’t help but feel a bit bad for her: Brendi K’s difficult life was highlighted throughout the show as if to explain away her unpredictable behavior, while Jeana’s, which sounds like it was pretty damn horrific, was mentioned almost in passing, with her behavior treated as a discrete entity. That’s not to excuse it—whether editing created her seemingly shifting from sweet girl to Black Swan personified or she really devolved over (because of) the course of competition—she obviously did act horribly at times. It’s just jacked up that every time Brendi K behaved in an off-putting or unstable way, it was tied to her childhood trauma and living in a van down by the river, while Jeana was portrayed as a psychotic bitch, which was disconnected from her being dealt a multi-whammy of a shitty hand to start her life.

Eh, but what I care more about is that Jeana was so obviously not a finalist in that preview, but I couldn’t see who gets brought back in and/or whom she replaces, if that wasn’t just a misdirect. 

Spoiler

From the amount of time they focused on her in what was supposed to be about the remaining five, I’d have been sure it was Liberty, but I’m pretty sure she had no prop-kid on the runway. I know Khrystiana did, and I think Rio did, and I can’t remember about Kyla, and I literally never remember Shanice exists and/or can tell who she is once she’s in hair and make-up, so I couldn’t tell you which one was her or if she was with-child on the final runway.

• Love 7

I thought Kyla should have gotten best photo this week. Krystiana is always great, but I thought Kyla killed it during this episode. Plus her crush on Director X was cute.

Even though this was Jeana's week to leave, I kind of feel like Rio should have gone home. If we disregard the edit, Jeana looked like a model during the video while Rio had this weird open mouth dead eye thing going on. Her movements weren't that great too. I know TPTB wanted Jeana to go home this week, but she did better than Rio.

Jeana was pretty horrible throughout the episode. The edit was not in her favour at all. But was anyone else getting flashbacks of Christina? If Christina didn't have her uppity vocal tone, I kind of feel like she has the same personality as Jeana. Both are prone to crying and building up walls (figuratively and literally) when people attack/criticize them. They also come off as cold and stand off-ish, when it's just them being incredibly insecure and dealing with their own demons. This isn't a defense of her, but it's interesting that the two of them have very similar personalities. Whenever Jeana was on I just kept seeing Christina.

The heavy handed edits is kind of making me feel bad for everyone on the show. Even Rio. Krystiana is the only good one, but I kind of feel like this is Kyla will win.

4 hours ago, methadonna said:

Editing sure helped me be happy with that choice, but I can’t help but feel a bit bad for her: Brendi K’s difficult life was highlighted throughout the show as if to explain away her unpredictable behavior, while Jeana’s, which sounds like it was pretty damn horrific, was mentioned almost in passing, with her behavior treated as a discrete entity. That’s not to excuse it—whether editing created her seemingly shifting from sweet girl to Black Swan personified or she really devolved over (because of) the course of competition—she obviously did act horribly at times. It’s just jacked up that every time Brendi K behaved in an off-putting or unstable way, it was tied to her childhood trauma and living in a van down by the river, while Jeana was portrayed as a psychotic bitch, which was disconnected from her being dealt a multi-whammy of a shitty hand to start her life.

I kind of agree with you here, but this also ties into last week's blooper episode. Jeana has had a horrible past, even worse than Brendi K, but they only focused on Brendi K's history. Kyla became an activist after her friend's murder. Rio isn't that bad. Liz's freak out wasn't really as unstable as it was presented.

The show's editing has gotten worse and worse. And if they have bad stuff on the girls, due to the high pressure competition that they're in, then they'll use all of it for the week that they have to go.

Edit: Is it just me or does this season feel really long. There are too many bad behaviours shown here that it's dragging everything down. Next episode looks like fun though, so hopefully that helps bring things back to life.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, chocolatine said:

If the game helps Khrys make more money when she wins, I'm all for it.

I would be shocked they gave any of the income to Khrys (I hope) or whoever else wins.

• Love 6

Did Rio include her picture from Tyra's initial photo shoot when she was commenting on how she's now had 3 first call outs?  Like, the Tyra shoot where basically every single contestant had gotten first call out?   If so, that girl is a piece of work. I don't think Rio's getting a good enough edit to be the ultimate winner, but I do get the impression she'll be Top 2 (along with Khrystana).  I think they're pitting them as good vs. evil.  

• Love 7

It's hard to know what to say about this season. I watched ANTM through the early and midway seasons, dropped off the last several, and came back part way through last  season. I am missing the modeling content -- I used to learn something about modeling from time to time and lived vicariously through their experiences (particularly the go-sees in foreign countries). Now, it seems to be about exploiting these insecure and in some cases damaged young women.

I do believe a lot of it is the editing. Rio has turned into someone you love to hate. Every time they show her bragging, it fuels the fire for me. Yet Krystyana can do no wrong. She's totally my fave, but she never gets a bad edit. It all seems so fake, and yeah, I guess I'm being naive if I don't expect that.

I do recall in the past that there were girls who seemed to think acting very sure they were going to win was the best approach to winning, but that rarely if ever panned out. To me, Rio is the epitome of entitlement -- because she wants this so bad and has been through so much, she deserves this. Not so, not so. Even Jeana and Shanice want to win to escape their current lives. I get that, but there's not even a hint of professional standards. At least Krystyana always says she wants to win to do good in the world. I do hope that's true.

When Tyra made that comment about five strong models in the room, I thought either she's being kind to two of the girls or she's including herself and Ashley and dissing two of the girls. It made me laugh, but it was a weird statement for her to make, because clearly there were not five strong models standing in front of her.

So far we've been shown that when Rio and Jeana have their confidence shaken, they can't bounce back and pull something off. At least that's what we've been shown. Maybe there were some good pics in there, but they weren't chosen. That's why it's so hard to know if any of them will be a good model. We just aren't seeing enough modeling.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, musiclovernyc said:

Did Rio include her picture from Tyra's initial photo shoot when she was commenting on how she's now had 3 first call outs?  Like, the Tyra shoot where basically every single contestant had gotten first call out?   If so, that girl is a piece of work. I don't think Rio's getting a good enough edit to be the ultimate winner, but I do get the impression she'll be Top 2 (along with Khrystana).  I think they're pitting them as good vs. evil.  

Yes, but so did Khrystyana.

Edited by rlc
Spelling
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Even though this was Jeana's week to leave, I kind of feel like Rio should have gone home. If we disregard the edit, Jeana looked like a model during the video while Rio had this weird open mouth dead eye thing going on. Her movements weren't that great too. I know TPTB wanted Jeana to go home this week, but she did better than Rio

I agree. I thought Rio looked awful in the video, and Jeana looked pretty fierce doing that runway walk in her warrior armor.

I loved Jeana's, Krystiana's, and Kyla's outfits, but Rio's and Shanasty's looked cheap and tacky as hell. 

I'm actually enjoying this cycle and the editing.  It's very entertaining, IMO.

I think I would hate Rio IRL, but she's hilarious on tv.  She is so full of herself that it almost reminds me of the infamous Jade, but less awesome.

• Love 3

What even was that they had Rio is? It looked like a gold leafed dead swan on her chest. IDK how they expected her to move in that thing. Even if that part was worse than Jeana's "fierce" walk, which was not at all what they asked for, I still think Rio is a better model so IDK that Jeana was sent home. She's a gimmick model. Once people see past the gimmick at the jealous, bitter bitch underneath they won't book her. I doubt there is a huge market for short, bald models that the industry needs her. At least on set Rio pretends to be a nice, upbeat, fun person to work with.

• Love 4
On 21/03/2018 at 3:38 AM, Marmiarmo said:

I never cared for Jeana, even when everyone thought she was nice, so it doesn't bother me one bit to see her go.  But the editing did her wrong by making it look as though she just pushed her way into the pillow fight shoot, when they could have shown the director asking her to go in.

I feel that, with this show, the critiques are based on the editing and on the talking heads instead of the other way around. The judges say things (both during the challenges and during the panel) that are not necessarily true, but that just help showing the girls in the consistent good or bad light they chose to show them in. 

In this episode, for example, when they were filming the "Last Supper" scene for the video, I don't think any of the girls were particularly bad, yet Rio and Jeana were told they were boring and not putting themselves out there enough while the other girls received praise for doing basically the same things Rio and Jeana were being criticized for. And in the individual segments, Kyla was given by far the best outfit and props, and she was absolutely stunning, while the other girls had to work with less and didn't shine as much. Yet Khrystyana won, even though her outfit made her look like a runaway child from Adventure Time's Candy Kingdom and she only shot for like 30 seconds before her shoe broke. I love Khrystyana and I think she's adorable but it seems she can do no wrong in the eye of the judges and it's getting a bit old. I wonder which way they would've twisted it if the shoe malfunction had happened to someone else. 

• Love 1

I cannot think of many reality show folks who would come back and apologize when they got some thing wrong like Khrystyana telling Jeana she was sorry she didn't realize the director had sent Jeana in to the shot.  She is just too truly kind for this show!  

• Love 13
3 hours ago, stormy weather said:

I love Khrystyana and I think she's adorable but it seems she can do no wrong in the eye of the judges and it's getting a bit old. I wonder which way they would've twisted it if the shoe malfunction had happened to someone else. 

I think it's because Khrystyana didn't bitch.  She was worried and wanted to get it fixed and keep going.  It's her attitude, I think, that makes everyone love her.  When it broke, she didn't bitch or whine.  She was concerned about the shoot, not herself.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I think it's because Khrystyana didn't bitch.  She was worried and wanted to get it fixed and keep going.  It's her attitude, I think, that makes everyone love her.  When it broke, she didn't bitch or whine.  She was concerned about the shoot, not herself.

Yep, and that is what is going to get her hired time and time again. She's got a great attitude and it is not all about her. People are going to want to work with her because she is pretty easy going and will not complain or make excuses. She's refreshing.

I also loved how she tried to befriend Jeana even though Jeana was kind of a pill and rude to everyone. K still comforted her and made an effort and after it seemed useless to try she didn't really say anything to terrible about Jeana. She just seems very pleasant to be around. And she doesn't really gloat either. She could be like Rio "I won everything I'm the best and going to win" but she doesn't seem to do that. She just gets excited about winning, as she should, but in a way that is more about how great it is to get the prizes, not how great she is because she keeps winning.

• Love 8

I thought Khrystyana was really good during the dinner scene. At one point she was brushing her hair with her fork. Awesome.

Also, Kyla looked fierce on that table, if you have to crawl on a table in a sparkly green Godzilla costume, that's the way to do it!

• Love 12

Wow, Jeana really turned into a complete bitch.  "I'm not leaving, I'm winning ANTM, etc!"  Umm, no you're not.  She was just nasty when she lost that avatar challenge.  She's just delusional.  Showing your T&A in Playboy is not empowering, honey!

Still Team Khrys!  Love her.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cpcathy said:

I thought Khrystyana was really good during the dinner scene. At one point she was brushing her hair with her fork. Awesome.

She also let food fall out of her mouth. Obviously a no-no in terms of table manners, but it was apparently the kind of "personality" the director wanted and got her more screen time in the video.

6 hours ago, stormy weather said:

Yet Khrystyana won, even though her outfit made her look like a runaway child from Adventure Time's Candy Kingdom and she only shot for like 30 seconds before her shoe broke.

We only saw 30 seconds, it could have been more. Director X did say he had what he needed, but then again, he seemed like he was half-assing the whole shoot. I think in a real life scenario, one of stylists/assistants would have super-glued the shoe back together and Khrys's shoot would continue. I've heard that clothes and shoes rip and break all the time during shoots, so stylists have to come prepared with sewing kits, safety pins, glue, tape, etc.

3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I also loved how she tried to befriend Jeana even though Jeana was kind of a pill and rude to everyone. K still comforted her and made an effort and after it seemed useless to try she didn't really say anything to terrible about Jeana.

Khrys has a ton of pictures with Jeana on her Instagram, so they're obviously friendly despite Jeana's snippiness in this episode. I get the impression that Jeana is a good person at heart, but doesn't deal well with high-stress situations. When she lashes out it seems to come from an insecure, defensive place, unlike Rio's "I'm better than everyone else" attitude.

Speaking of Rio, I can't believe Tyra missed the opportunity to compare her bitchiness to Naomi Campbell's - "when I was a young model, there was another model who was always mean to me ..."

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

Speaking of Rio, I can't believe Tyra missed the opportunity to compare her bitchiness to Naomi Campbell's - "when I was a young model, there was another model who was always mean to me ..."

Followed up with a photo of Naomi falling down in that runway show.

I would have died if Tyra had done this. 

• Love 4

Jeana is a very very very bitter person.  That wasn't all edit.  A lot of that was just real facts and true.

It only took 11 episodes. I finally kind of get the young one (Kyla , took me some time to remember her name.)  And I get Khrystyana 100x more than before.  But I think that the Avatar judge was just attracted to her and that's why she won, considering he looked like a dog in front of a bone as soon as she walked into the room.

Drew laughing about Kyla's crush on X was hilarious.  That made him so much more appealing and real to me.   I found that super endearing, personally.  I always love when people can't seem to control their laughter.  It's like he went from this hard bitch to this okay person.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6

The final four's livelihoods are in question when the eliminated contestants return to battle it out for a chance to return to competition; the models are joined by ANTM legends.

On 3/17/2018 at 4:34 PM, chocolatine said:

When was this special episode on??? My Tivo didn't catch it :( is it anywhere to watch  for free?