Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Discussion

On 3/27/2018 at 9:32 PM, RedheadZombie said:

I wish every one of those self-righteous judges had to wear a tarantula throughout judging - as if this is a realistic expectation in even the most extreme modeling.  Don't show fear, bitch?  I wish Drew had to wear one during the photo shoot, too.

Yeah Drew is so annoying.  This isn't Fear Factor ffs.

• Love 3

I find it hard to believe that these challenges are what fans wanted recreated from past seasons. They must have surveyed some haters. And then, to not give them any time to practice, and to complain they weren't walking fast enough in the bubble that in no way enhanced the clothes they were modeling -- I felt like they wanted someone to fall in. I get that designers want fashion shows to be edgy and cool, but at what price? Catastrophe for the model? Only on ANTM. 

Rio was unbelievable -- it must be scripted. That she could turn so completely on Jeana was cruel. When Jeana said she had always felt like an outsider all her life and told Rio that, and then Rio sneaked her stuff out of the room at night to room with the others? I don't know why Rio would willingly act that way on TV because I can't imagine anyone wanting to know her, let alone hire her, when the show is over.

Yeah, it did seem unfair that Khrystyana's pic was just okay (for her) when they had to keep shooting to accommodate Erin. I feel like no matter how good Khrys is, they won't let her win because of her age and her size. She has such a good heart, they can probably tell she won't be moldable, while Kyla definitely could be. For what that's worth.

Maybe it wasn't all scripted since some of them are complaining about the show after the fact, i.e., Jeana and Christina. There are some interesting exit interviews on the ANTM website. I just miss the modeling aspect of the show. Even having Nigel back was too little, too late. His interaction with the models was over so quickly and there's no way to know if what we saw was even representative of what went down. 

• Love 3
On 3/28/2018 at 3:50 AM, Barbara Please said:

Nice to see Nigel back. He hasn’t aged much at all. 

Yes!  And I loved his interaction with Erin: "Time is money.  I don't have the time and you don't have the money."  Heh.  I know she was scared but I was over her dramatic tears too.  And what in the fresh hell was that hat she wore to Judging?  What Dreckitude!

I still hate Christina.  Glad she didn't make it back.  I kind of expected those 4 women to make it back to the house, regardless of how they walked in the bubble runway.  Who was going to bring the most drama?  The Conceited Bitch, The Trumper, The Grandma and The Bald Bitch.  But I can't even hate on Jeana---she rocked that pic.

12 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Kyla looks like Sandra Bernhard, not a good thing.

Brilliant.  I've been thinking she's had a "smushed" face from day one but I know how they love to fawn over unusual features.  

• Love 4
On 3/30/2018 at 7:46 AM, Tanichka said:

Kyla looks like Sandra Bernhard, not a good thing.

YES. Although I thought Kyla's photo was a hit this week. Her eyes looked amazing.

But, really, she's hit-or-miss for me. She has a face that looks squashed together and, unfortunately, that comes through in some of her pictures.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 2

The REAL final four strive to embody Pantene’s “Strong is Beautiful” campaign as they work to win over the client by successfully advertising their chosen products.

So, based on who is left, Khrystyana has been the most successful in walking challenges, so she should have a leg up.

Even though neither was eliminated, the fact that Jeana and Shanice had bad campaign photos means they are, more or less, out of the running.

As a result, only Khrys and Kyla seem like viable winners. Khrys has been far more consistent and generally has a more endearing personality while Kyla has the best natural overall look and youth on her side.

I still think Khrys will win, but Kyla is in there with a shot.

• Love 12

Oh good lord, Jeana??  Can't stand looking at her puny little body and her alien features.  I guess they feel they need the drama.

What the hell was Tyra wearing?  That orange dress didn't do her any favors.  Her boobs looked saggy & the dress was the same color as her hair.

• Love 12

None of the photos this week really looked like Pantene ads, either due to the styling or shitty modeling.

Ugh, when did Jeana go from being a bitch to being so gross?  She looked pretty trashy this week, not sexy.  The Playboy really come out this week.

Please, just give the win to Khrys now!  She's the only one there who consistently comes through.  She may be 32 but I think she looks younger than the rest of them who are still there!  

Tyra looked frightening at panel this week.  The hair and the dress were just awful!

• Love 14

What was the point of keeping Jeana? Pantene made it clear they didn't like her and they're the sponsors of the grand prize. There's no way she's going to win.

Philip Plein is gross. I don't own any of his clothes, and now I never will. "I'm from the mean streets of Switzerland" - f*ck off, dude.

I still love Khrys, but I wish she had told her mother about her childhood sexual abuse in private. Her mother obviously didn't know how to react with cameras in her face and at one point asked not to be filmed.

Didn't Kyla say her mother is Russian? It would have been fun to see Khrys, Kyla, and both their moms having a chat in Russian, but I'm guessing Kyla is not fluent since she was born and raised in the US. Kyla's mom is pretty, but I laughed at the notion that she gave up a modeling career to raise Kyla. That woman looked like she's barely 5'4" tall.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Dream Boy said:

I don’t even like Jeana but I love that she irritates the others so much lol I called Plein saving her. He’s icky and has always been all about the sex

And I think we all know why Plein wasn't enthused about Khrystyana's look.  She's not emaciated, but she looks no bigger than a size eight to me.

7 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Oh good lord, Jeana??  Can't stand looking at her puny little body and her alien features.  I guess they feel they need the drama.

What the hell was Tyra wearing?  That orange dress didn't do her any favors.  Her boobs looked saggy & the dress was the same color as her hair.

Tyra did look awful.  Her foundation was too light, and they somehow made her gorgeous cheekbones frightening.

• Love 9

Can anyone fill me in on Jeana's ethnic background?  I'm sure her goal with the platinum wig was to intimidate Khrys, but did she actually think Khrys only wins due to the color of her hair?

8 hours ago, yahoos4life said:

Kayla makes me want to puke anytime she talks about how she's an "activist."

Kyla seems to walk the walk as well as talk the talk. 

7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

What was the point of keeping Jeana? Pantene made it clear they didn't like her and they're the sponsors of the grand prize. There's no way she's going to win.

Philip Plein is gross. I don't own any of his clothes, and now I never will. "I'm from the mean streets of Switzerland" - f*ck off, dude.

I still love Khrys, but I wish she had told her mother about her childhood sexual abuse in private. Her mother obviously didn't know how to react with cameras in her face and at one point asked not to be filmed.

Didn't Kyla say her mother is Russian? It would have been fun to see Khrys, Kyla, and both their moms having a chat in Russian, but I'm guessing Kyla is not fluent since she was born and raised in the US. Kyla's mom is pretty, but I laughed at the notion that she gave up a modeling career to raise Kyla. That woman looked like she's barely 5'4" tall.

I agree that Khrys should have told her mother off camera, but maybe she was feeling really brave in that moment.

Kyla's mom didn't even have a trace of an accent.  Maybe her mom is "Russian", just like half the country claims to be Italian or Irish - meaning they have about 5% of that ethnic blood in their heritage.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I agree that Khrys should have told her mother off camera, but maybe she was feeling really brave in that moment.

I think it was eating at her and she had to get it off her chest. 

As for Jeana, wanting to win is good.  Wanting to win so bad you are willing to try to sabotage the competition (both the wig and standing where Krys could see her during the shoot and copying her moves).... not going to make her more marketable.    If she was the winner, they wouldn’t have shown this or her unlikable talking heads.  

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I can't stand Jeana but it cracks me up that she is still around and it annoys Shanice.

The looks of glee as her picture wasn't chosen, followed by horror, after the Plein save, was hilarious. Having said that, there's no way she wins. she only got saved because Plein's a perv. The rest of the panel appear to be over her. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think it was a matter of wanting to do it as soon as possible and production not letting her spend any time with her mother without cameras around. So her choice was to either wait until she's back home or just do it. I am glad she did it now because that kind of thing hanging over her could mess with her game. Much like fucking Jeanna modeling in front of Khrys during Khrys' shoot. UGH I fucking hate her now. Was she always like this but they didn't show it until now, or is the chance she might actually win this bringing out the absolute worst in her? Either way, it's her worst, no one forced it on her, so that's 100% Jeanna. If she wins I swear I really will be done because there are enough terrible people winning in this world. I don't have to subject myself to it.

Anyone know how old Jeanna is? I know that Kyla is young and looks it, Khyrs is old (in model years) but I swear Jeanna is the oldest looking one there (I think it's the huge bags under her eyes when she's not wearing pounds of makeup) and was wondering if she's another over 30 hamster.

Kyla's was the best photo for what they were trying to sell. Her hair is beautiful in that picture and I want to use whatever she uses on it. I don't believe for a second that was Khrys' best shot because I saw her shoot and she was doing some great stuff until Jeanna started screwing with her. But they have their narrative so they had to pick a bad one. It wasn't a bad photo, I don't think K is capable of taking a bad picture as the camera loves her, but for a hair ad it wasn't great. I think she looked like Bridgette Bardot (I'm going to go be old now. lol)

• Love 16

My husband, who is kind enough to watch these shows with me, hates it when someone doesn't get eliminated.

Last night, no one gets eliminated.

Husband: "That's bullshit!"

• Love 15
1 hour ago, millahnna said:

Y'all I am going straight to hell.

Jeanna: "I have everything it takes to be a Pantene girl."

Me: Except hair.

I am a terrible person.

You are not alone. I said that too. Maybe more than once

1 hour ago, burner said:
1 hour ago, Silo said:

“And you can download it right now!”

She's really trying to make that game happen!

I actually had the game, it's one of those choose your own path kind of games with different shows, they have Project Runway and Scream and some others. Last time I checked ANTM was still "coming soon". I don't have the game anymore though, finished Scream and got bored with PR.

• Love 5

Is this just editing, or can people like Rio and Jeanna really be so nasty and mean? It crossed my mind that when Jeanna went over to watch Khrys model, she wasn't really doing anything out of the ordinary and wasn't trying to copy her moves, but the edit implied otherwise. I think Khrys really needed to shake that off -- and maybe she did, not that we were shown. I am not sure Jeanna picked the blond wig to try to mess with Khrys -- had she picked brown she would have been coping Kyra. It's not like there are that many choices in the world, and picking blond was not a bad choice.

That designer guy was such a creeper. It seemed like his enthusiastic response to Jeanna was what kept her onboard, as he had nothing to do with, and nothing to add to, the Pantene challenge. If they are keeping Jeanna around just for the drama, I almost feel sorry for her. I don't see her surviving this experience without more emotional scars.

• Love 8

Usually I'd approve of having the final runway designer involved in the decision of who's in the finale, but if that asshole is the reason Khrys doesn't win, I'm gonna hunt him down.  (Okay, only with my mind, but still.)  I would accept a Kyla win, because she is young and moldable, but it should be Khrys.

2 minutes ago, ForReal said:

I am not sure Jeanna picked the blond wig to try to mess with Khrys -- had she picked brown she would have been coping Kyra. It's not like there are that many choices in the world, and picking blond was not a bad choice.

I might agree if she hadn't chosen the exact same shade of blonde as Khrys at both shoots.  She did have other blonde choices at the second shoot.  Plus, she used the hourglass for that first shoot even though it had nothing to do with her given product, she dressed almost exactly liked Khrys at the first shoot, and she did seem to be standing where Khrys could see her at the second shoot.

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

I might agree if she hadn't chosen the exact same shade of blonde as Khrys at both shoots.  She did have other blonde choices at the second shoot.  Plus, she used the hourglass for that first shoot even though it had nothing to do with her given product, she dressed almost exactly liked Khrys at the first shoot, and she did seem to be standing where Khrys could see her at the second shoot.

I do think Jeanna is playing mind games with Khrys since she seems to see her as her main competition. The hourglass is the thing that really cinched it for me. There was no other reason to take it other than preventing Khrys for using it. It had nothing to do with Jeanna's brief and everything to do with Khrys'.

I almost wonder if Jeanna knows she's not going to win but struck a deal with production. She'll come back and stir up shit for more time on TV. These people do seem to think that being seen is more important than how you are seen, so I could see her being willing to become a villain because it means people will be talking about her and we all know that internet buzz about yourself is the only way to know you are truly alive! hahaha

I do think her edit means there is no way in hell she's winning. They had no trouble making her seem like the poor little underdog in the beginning so they could have kept that narrative for her if she was going to win. I think they just need something to throw Khrys off her game a bit because she's clearly the best one there and has won almost all the challenges.

What I love is that, as annoyed as Khrys was with Jeanna, she took her critique at the judging without saying a word about Jeanna. I think, no matter who Tyra decides to crown, Khrys is the big winner this season.

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 21
(edited)

Kyla has gorgeous hair and therefore, she's perfect for Pantene. Perfect for being a hair model. Nothing wrong with that, of course. 

Last week I thought she had the best photo, but her Pantene photo wasn't as great, except for the hair. She had her head tilted down and her face (again!) looked smushed. She really is hit-or-miss in photos, but I agree that she's moldable. 

When she mentioned that her mom was a model, I thought "Are you kidding me?" Her mother looks too short to me. I think Jeana is taller. I'm guessing Kyla's mom was commercial modeling.

I like Jeana's look. I think she's really pretty, but she forgot that the photoshoot was for Pantene, not Playboy. 

I think Shanice is pretty. She has the high fashion model body. She's tall and skinny, but I will never get over the ugly tattoos. Jeana's tattoos aren't that hot either. I'm also getting tired of Shanice complaining about everyone and letting others live rent free in her head. 

Khrys is pretty and she seems genuinely kind. The fact that she was so focused on Jeana drove me nuts. She let Jeana get inside her head, and didn't perform well in the shoot. Khrys needs to keep focused. I didn't think her Pantene ad was too bad, but Kyla's was better. 

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 11

The whole Jeanna/Khrys stuff is getting annoying and while I do think what you see is what you get - I do continue to wonder how much are the producers getting into their heads. They want to play up this tension between them so having Jeanna shift closer to the set while Khrys was modeling only can help. Also makes you wonder if that is why she was added into the scene in the video shoot. And I'm sure they only help the paranoia. Just over it. I miss when this show actually had more insight into the modeling world instead of just being big brother-esque. I really liked the Make Me a Supermodel with Tyson Beckford and wish that had been the show to continue on but I guess everyone prefers the trainwrecks. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Photos from epi

Thankfully this mess is almost over.  I haven't seen this epi though I have been reading different recaps.

Someone asked about editing.  Yes, TPTB can edit a hamster to fit a narrative but they couldn't do it if the hamster didn't give them tools to do it.  Also, a lot of us (and the girls) have complained about how a girl will make a comment and it will follow her throughout her time on the show (even if she never says anything like that again).  Jeana is focusing on Khrys but both of their IGs have photos of them post-show having done photo shoots together so I don't think they're mortal enemies.  The same with the photos chosen.  A girl can take lots of good photos but for story's sake, they'll pull the one crappy one she had to mess with her.  I can remember numerous times when Mr. Jay would tell a girl she'd done well on a shoot only for Tyra to land her in the bottom two.  These things are standard for this show.

I'm still of the opinion that Khrys should win this or Kyla (even if Plein is a douche).

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 9

exactly - they can only edit what they get so of course it happens. I just think that the producers totally help some of those situations happen with a simple "can you believe she did that to you?" 

• Love 6

I believe Kyla will win. Khrys already seems internet famous, I started following her on Instagram and she's stunning in every photo, she seems to have a lot of professional photoshoots, so, she's working plenty. Jeana posed in Playboy and seems to have the sexy girl thing going on, she probably just wants to be on reality TV, not necessarily a high fashion model.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

Well Drew did tell her to keep her chin down.

Eh, there's ways to keep your chin down and not have your head tilted down but that would assume these girls have actually practiced posing in the mirror or been given some actual instruction...  See also: Shots looking up one's nose.  You can raise your head but still keep from having your nostrils front and center.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, millahnna said:

I am a terrible person.

I sad the same thing to my husband watching this episode

Still can't believe that the designer saved Jeana. Obviously Khrys is "too fat" for him, because he sad Shanice is tall and thing, which is good. 

But I don't think Jeana will win. Pantene has more in stake than Plein, so that would be off

Did the finish filming everything before the first episode aired? Maybe Khrys told her mother so she wouldn't hear it on tv first. She obviously doesn't speak English, but surely someone would translate

• Love 7
(edited)

The panel situation was ridiculous. First of all that designer was really gross and I knew he wouldn't be into Krys because she's not rail thin. Second of all they were really trying to do a lesson about meeting your clients needs so not too sexy means not too sexy but that's all scrapped because a horny old dude needs to tells us all how much he LOVES SEX so tough shit.

Edited by DiabLOL
  • Love 18

I get that the show needs a villain, but I kind of feel like Jeana is going over the top. Instead of it being interesting or fun, it just seems so tacked on. Jeana is the girl who cries over everything, according to the blooper/extra episode, so for her to go full single 'white' female is a bit hard to believe. Unless Rio's behaviour in the last episode made Jeana snap and feel like she can't trust or be close to anyone in the house.

I wonder why no one criticized Shanice for blowing out her hair for the challenge. The product was meant for black people and the tend at the moment is to embrace and love your natural curly hair. Blowing it out and straightening it seems like it would go against what the client asked for. In the actual photoshoot she had curly hair, so she was clearly off the mark with her challenge.

I thought that Jeana had a better photo than the one shown. There was one where she's smiling and acting coy as oppose to sexy. I did find it funny that she was almost eliminated, if not for the pervy designer. How hilarious would it have been if Jeana left, came back, and then left again. Rio would have been fuming if that were the case.

19 hours ago, Token said:

None of the photos this week really looked like Pantene ads, either due to the styling or shitty modeling.

I felt the same way. We've had beautiful commercial shoots before, but this one was just meh and felt cheap. All of them, even Krys, did nothing for me.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, millahnna said:

I am a terrible person.

Nope.  Not even a little bit.  We were all thinking it.   Loved the Pantene lady giving the breakdown of which girl would promote which Pantene product and when she got to Jeanna basically said, because wigs need to get washed too...LOL.

Agreed 1000% with Law when he said Shanice's pic looked like a Dark & Lovely perm ad from the 90s.  I thought the exact same thing when I saw it.  But I didn't consider it a complement.  

• Love 15

Reasons why I think this has always been Kyla's to lose:

• The last winner was India, a blonde girl. They don't tend to repeat types so soon. 
  • She aced the Pantene shoot, and that's the client supplying the cash prize.
  • Law told her at panel in one of the earlier episodes that he could have put her to work the day he met her. That really surprised me; I don't ever remember a judge telling a contestant that, especially not in front of the other hamsters, and I've been watching this thing since "Cycle" 1. Granted, I'm old and my memory isn't so great anymore, but that struck me as out of the ordinary at the time.

Tyra could surprise me and hand it to Khrys, who is not only totally deserving but also my favorite hamster, but they've been so obvious about damn near everything this cycle/season that all the signs I see point to Kyla.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I looked at his online shop.  $700 for a thin white tshirt with his name on it...  Ugh.  I'd never heard of him before now.  Don't care to hear anymore.

• Love 8

I love Khrys but I wouldn't be totally upset if Kyla won this.  I don't mind Shanice as a print model but her runway walk(and just walking in general) is horrendous, so I don't think she deserves it.  Jeana..... well, I'm joining you all in hell.  My opinion of her is not positive and she doesn't read model to me at all.

• Love 9

Hmmm. Could it be Tyra is pushing for Shanice so hard to make up for when she pre-planned to have Angelea win Allstars so she could have a dramatic hard-life come-up story, but then Angelea fucked up and got herself disqualified?

• Love 2
On 4/3/2018 at 9:47 PM, Tanichka said:

And her hair (wig!) was in dire need of some of that Pantene that Shanice was using.  It was so dry and flyaway--not a good look at all.

4 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I wonder why no one criticized Shanice for blowing out her hair for the challenge. The product was meant for black people and the tend at the moment is to embrace and love your natural curly hair. Blowing it out and straightening it seems like it would go against what the client asked for. In the actual photoshoot she had curly hair, so she was clearly off the mark with her challenge.

It might be a trend to embrace and love curly hair but I don't think Shanice has a naturally curly texture.  Those curls she had in the photoshoot were professionally done and probably had a ton of product to hold them in place for the set--- you just can't get that same kind of look in a limited amount of time.  If I want my hair to be big, curly and bouncy it takes a long time with a curling iron or I have to do a braid-out (tightly braiding my wet, product saturated hair in small sections and letting it dry overnight to give it curly definition.). I think the Pantene product she was using is meant to promote healthy, shiny, bouncy hair--regardless of whether it's curled or flat-ironed.

• Love 4