Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Discussion

20 minutes ago, ava111 said:

When was this special episode on??? My Tivo didn't catch it :( is it anywhere to watch  for free?

It was right after the regular episode. My DVR recorded it as one two-hour episode. 

1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

It was right after the regular episode. My DVR recorded it as one two-hour episode. 

That's interesting, because for me it was on just before this week's episode (the personality one).

I almost forgot to comment on the Avatar challenge and Law saying how he'd love to play with Krystyana and the other guy agreed about how much fun she was and I think that's what won her the challenge.

And all the other challenges.  I bet Rio just hated that she got to walk in two shows last week (lol - they didn't seem to be real shows... just something thrown together for the episode), but Krystyana won a challenge to walk for a designer at New York Fashion week.

I'm still conflicted if I want Krys to win or not.  Hopefully, her beauty and her great attitude will get her enough work that she won't need the anchor of the title, although the $100,000 would be nice.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, chocolatine said:

She also let food fall out of her mouth. Obviously a no-no in terms of table manners, but it was apparently the kind of "personality" the director wanted and got her more screen time in the video.

I think that was feathers from the pillow fight not food - in one of the takes she blew them out more but the final take had them just fall out of her mouth. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I'm still conflicted if I want Krys to win or not.  Hopefully, her beauty and her great attitude will get her enough work that she won't need the anchor of the title, although the $100,000 would be nice.

I think that, either way, she will get work as a model. She won't be hurt by getting the title but doesn't need it. But I would love for her to get the money. I love seeing nice people get nice things and she deserves it. She's one of the best models they've ever had on this show, if not the best. I love that she is a true advocate for loving your body no matter what and has such an infectious spirit that people won't be put off by her.

Personally, while I appreciate that Ashley Graham is all  pro all body types, there is something I find very stuck up and off putting about her so I don't really listen to what she has to say. Khrys would be a great ambassador because she has such an open personality. Not pushy, not in your face, just welcoming and open to other people.

• Love 10

I’m really put off by the way so many of the contestants this year are ranting and complaining about editing on SM post-show. This is one of the least bookable casts (IMO) this show has ever had, but they’re coming off so entitled and bratty. It’s a reality show, and this is really looking bad for them.

Does it seem to anyone else like maybe a lot of them really don’t even care much about being on the show, compared to older cycles? I’m starting to wonder if many are more interested in just getting more followers, rather than actually trying to become real models. Although, I feel the shoots and judging/critiques aren’t exactly stellar anymore, either. Hmm.

• Love 2

I usually find Director X both pretentious and useless, but in one fell swoop, he knock Rio down a few pegs and got rid of Jeana.  So bravo to him!

Khrystyana deserved that first call-out.  Honestly, she's deserved it pretty much every single week.  And how anyone could be mean to her is a mystery.  Jeana, you are dead to me.

On ‎03‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:38 PM, Marmiarmo said:

I never cared for Jeana, even when everyone thought she was nice, so it doesn't bother me one bit to see her go.  But the editing did her wrong by making it look as though she just pushed her way into the pillow fight shoot, when they could have shown the director asking her to go in.

But then we wouldn't have had the DRAH-MAH, and you know how Tyra loves her some DRAH-MAH.

On ‎03‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:17 AM, numbnut said:

The writing on this "reality" show is so transparent. Rio is clearly on the fast track to the top two, if not to win. Nobody buys that storyline about her bringing nothing to the shoot. Still rooting for Khrys. She's always stunning. 

Rio brought more than Jeana, but she still was pretty lackluster.

On ‎03‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:20 AM, Kaiju Ballet said:

Sha-nasty looked like those late night telephone line commercials

I'm going to steal this!

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Token said:

Wow, Jeana really turned into a complete bitch.  "I'm not leaving, I'm winning ANTM, etc!"  Umm, no you're not.  She was just nasty when she lost that avatar challenge.  She's just delusional.  Showing your T&A in Playboy is not empowering, honey!

It can be empowering, but it depends on context.  If you're doing it because you're desperate for money, then I agree, nothing empowering about that.

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:47 PM, rlc said:

So completely over Shenasty calling everyone else mean while she smirks and badmouths the girls she doesn’t like nonstop.

I agree.  She's just jealous and has a nasty attitude. 

I call bullshit on their critique of Rio saying she's not growing.  Say what?!  She won 2 of the three bookings on the go sees and numerous challenges.  WTF?!  I'm not exactly a fan of hers, but come on!  I couldn't see any difference in her shoot in the music video than any of the others that they praised.  So the white girl did a hair flip!  Whoopy friggin do!  That makes her a better model?!  I'm sure if Rio had hair she would flip it.  And I can't stand the judges on this show.  Give me Nigel and even Janice Dickenson at this point.  Short and Ugly don't do it for me.  I can't even be bothered to learn their names.  And I'm so over Ashley whatshername.  Ugh!  This show has lost it's charm for me.  I used to get excited watching it but now I don't give a fying flip who wins.   

• Love 3
7 hours ago, swankie said:

I call bullshit on their critique of Rio saying she's not growing.  Say what?!  She won 2 of the three bookings on the go sees and numerous challenges.  WTF?!

They are trying so hard to force a narrative when really, this just wasn't her shoot. Which is fine. Modelling isn't really about being in lame music videos. That girl, horrible as her personality may be, photographs beautifully. That face was made to be photographed. She's not slipping, she just had a bad shoot. 

They are either trying to make us think she won't make the final two, which she should, along with Khrys, or they are laying the groundwork for kicking her off so the less ready but more typical ANTM type, Kyla, can slip into Rio's spot. 

Really, Kyla probably needs the win more than the other two, since she's got the look to be a model but needs the help. Rio and Khrys, I find it hard to believe they need this show to become working models. I'm still in shock that the other one is still there. Sha-filler needs to go. 

• Love 4

Somehow my DVR didn't record this episode! I saw the one where the one girl left on her own and the next one on my DVR was final five and I"m wondering where Erin went and that annoying blonde girl was the photo of the week.

Aw, I love Shanice/Shanasty! I feel like she really transforms on the camera, from someone with a hard look in real life to pretty much anything they ask her to be. Plus I usually agree with her.

Jeana-seemed like she cracked under stress. She really was throwing out crazy eyes at Khrys and while it's great to psych yourself up to stay in the competition-she let it take her to a very negative place. 

I liked Rio so much until all the crazy girls left. She was an intelligent voice of sanity early in the show and now she's getting the meanie diva edit. Maybe she'll redeem herself. I like her eyebrow.

• Love 2

I rarely pay enough attention to a show to see from the edit what is going to happen but OMG did they bludgeon even my oblivious head with the fact that Rio was going and Gina was coming back. I need an advil.

I am not at all happy Gina is back and I 100% agree with Rio that it sucks to actually make it to the final four then get replaced by someone who didn't with no chance to have a "comeback" like they got. That said, this all seems very manufactured. They got rid of Gina last week just so they could do the swap with Rio this week. If they hadn't had a "comeback" planned, Rio would probably have just been dropped last week. But this is so much more dramatic. BLECH

This was the first photo of Khrys that wasn't my favorite photo of the week. I actually really liked Kyla's the best. It was interesting. Gina's was too reliant on her bald head as usual. Anyone can stand out when they are the only bald one. I think Shanasty's pic was worse than Rio's but that wouldn't go along with the former best friends torn apart by the competition story they wanted to tell this episode so she's around for one more week. God if she wins this thing this show really is a scripted farce. She's the least modelesque one left. She's super skinny. That's about as model as she gets. 

• Love 19

Wow, Rio sure turned on her bestie fast.   And she was all talk when she was talking how she would react if she had to leave.   

I hate when there is more than one girl in the photo.   Someone (like Krys) gets screwed so they can get the photo the want of the OTHER girl.

• Love 19

I wish every one of those self-righteous judges had to wear a tarantula throughout judging - as if this is a realistic expectation in even the most extreme modeling.  Don't show fear, bitch?  I wish Drew had to wear one during the photo shoot, too.

I see you Eva, and I remember your last name is actually PIGFORD.  And she doesn't look amazing, Tyra.  She looks like Lil Kim which is not a compliment whichever iteration we're speaking of.

Enjoyed Rio losing to her bestie.  I'm waiting for the news that ANTM inspired a model on model murder.

• Love 11

Bringing back Eva and reminding us that she won her season just reinforces how ridiculous this show has been all along. Rio, while bitchy, is far more likely to work as a model than any of the top four (even Khrys, because curvy modeling is still niche).

I would have loved for some of the comeback girls to have ditched their makeover hairstyles, especially Christina and Liberty.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I wish every one of those self-righteous judges had to wear a tarantula throughout judging - as if this is a realistic expectation in even the most extreme modeling.  Don't show fear, bitch?  I wish Drew had to wear one during the photo shoot, 

When Spielberg directed the second Indiana Jones movie, he made a deal with the lead actress.... every bug she wore while doing the scene, he also wore.   Fair was fair.

• Love 10

Absolutely NOTHING about this was authentic. Rio's personality has changed so many times that I'm absolutely certain she has been following a script all season. "This week we need you to be nice and complimentary to the others." "This week be bitchy and pouty." "This week emphasize how you and Jeana are besties." "Now in this episode, you'll turn on Jeana only to be replaced by her in the competition." Yawn.

The only thing that might have been genuine was Rio being pissed at someone being brought back. I don't like that shit either.

Edited by bref
  • Love 14

Eva dropped theb"Pigford" but picked up about 50 lbs. Is she pregnant, maybe?

As much as i couldn't stand Rio I have to agree that it's ridiculous to bring back someone who was eliminated to kick out someone who has lasted longer.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, DiabLOL said:

Eva dropped theb"Pigford" but picked up about 50 lbs. Is she pregnant, maybe?

As much as i couldn't stand Rio I have to agree that it's ridiculous to bring back someone who was eliminated to kick out someone who has lasted longer.

Yes. She announced in November she was expecting a little boy.

(She's also now on RHOA for those who are unfamiliar and curious to see her there also)

ETA she must be due almost any time since she said she was 7 months pregnant in mid-January http://www.eonline.com/news/907594/eva-marcille-talks-baby-shower-and-wedding-plans-for-2018

Edited by onatrek
Link about pregnancy / poss due date
  • Love 4

I don't know how I'm supposed to feel right now. Happy for Jeana? Upset for Rio? 

I want to see more of Khrys's photos--I think they had a better one than that.

• Love 7

Nice to see Nigel back. He hasn’t aged much at all. 

Khrys better win this because out of the whole group she’s been consistently the best model. Plus she’s a total

sweetheart. 

Jeana is playing the Black Swan role to a tee. Better keep the knives away from her! 

I truly was shocked Rio got the boot. She’s by far a stronger model over Sha-nasty. Oh Tyra sure likes to create some cheesy  reality tv drama. 

• Love 13

Rio psyched herself out. She was all focused on the “unfairness” of someone getting a second chance, but whether or not someone comes back has no real bearing on the person who’s eliminated. Someone’s going home regardless. Her focus should have been on making sure it wasn’t her—something she has some control over--as opposed to her being replaced and futilely raging against the unfairness of it all.

Then she set her sights on Jeana being her biggest competition. Arguably, mean-girling her former bestie only helped Jeana become more determined. So in that sense I agree with the critique that Rio’s plateauing. She’s so invested in being indignant, entitled and putting down others—things she has little control over-- she hasn’t really worked on improving and being the best contestant she can.

That being said, no way did Shanastypieceofwork deserve to stay over Rio.

What was really unfair, with a lot less complaining, was Krystyana having to pose frame after frame with the spider and Erin. Thanks to Liberty, we know that even if you don’t have a fear of spiders, it doesn’t feel too pleasant against your skin. I'm glad that Law pointed out that Jeana sucked it up and turned on the "model model model"

Kyla….I still don’t get it, though she revealed a new talent in bootyshaking. And finally her personality is starting to emerge (via edits) Krystyana had to have film that looked better than the FCO, but all the pho-tos selected couldn't embarass Eva or Nigel.

Didn’t like Eva in the season she won, so glad that she’s mellowed out and was shown as supportive to the girls. The pregnancy looks good on her.

I have to admit to being happy to see Noted Fashion Photographer Nigel Barker. He was harsh with Erin, wonder what we weren’t shown from his interactions with the other girls.

Christina looked and sounded off, like if her face plate came off it would reveal her as a droid or an alien. But with a tragic backstory.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Ravenna said:

Khrys better win this because out of the whole group she’s been consistently the best model. Plus she’s a total

sweetheart. 

Yes, It would be nice to see a model with a nice personality actually win.  So sick of the gals with attitude.  We all know the show has nothing to do with actually becoming a model.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I hate when there is more than one girl in the photo.   Someone (like Krys) gets screwed so they can get the photo the want of the OTHER girl.

They should be judged separately, and each on THEIR best photo, regardless of how the others in the photo look. I'm sure there were better pics of Khrys based on her performance. I'm just glad it didn't send her home because, that would have been the end for me. It's bad enough I think she's not winning because she's been doing too well and they apparently love a comeback, but to eliminate her before the end, nope, if that happens Tyra is dead to me.

• Love 6

This ep made me realize how much I miss Nigel!!! But of course they focus on the fact how dreamy he is aka Erin's reaction (granted he is dreamy!) in the edit as opposed to his interactions. I remember when they would direct the models and actually show it. I knew instantly that this would be the shoot that they would bring back. I just hate that they paired them up. These should not have been group photos. Too many factors that muddied the images and the impact. I actually like Eva back in her season so it was fun to me to have her back. And I liked the idea of having her in the shoot but then they shouldn't have done pairs with her. Even then, I feel like they used to show each model's best picture and then the best overall. Now more than ever I feel it is overly produced which photo they show to tell the story. I wish they would show multiple photos because one that Tyra loves doesn't always resonate with the other judges. 

While I am not a fan of bringing back eliminated contestants - at least they were challenged twice to get in not just picked by social media or some such nonsense. But Rio really let it get in her head - which again I am sure is needled/poked on by producers to make it 10x worse for better tv.

The ridiculousness of the runway show - if that was for real you know they would give the models time to practice and get the hang of those dang inflatables before being in the show. Obstacles just to be obstacles instead of letting people shine are annoying. Glad no one fell!  

I just want Khrys to succeed in life - whether she wins this or not I hope a good agency takes notice and snaps her up and gets her working. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, slaterain said:

I just want Khrys to succeed in life - whether she wins this or not I hope a good agency takes notice and snaps her up and gets her working. 

Amen to this!

Re: the runway, the first girl got really screwed over because after she came off the other girls were told not to walk like she did, to take bigger steps. Did anyone tell her that before she got out there or was that literally the first time she got the chance to walk in that stupid ball with the big black stripe down the side. Really, that stripe, I'm guessing the seam where they came in and out of it, was so cheap and low rent looking. Really Ty, step up your budget. This is the final four/not yet but will be final four.

• Love 7

I can't be upset about Rio leaving fair or not re: the come back element.  This show is just one big gimmick.  Rio's sense of entitlement is amusing though.  No one is owed a modeling gig because they almost died or grew up in Detroit.  Get over yourself lady.

As for Jeana coming back, she's probably gone next week as she seems to be her own worst enemy.

Shanice I'm meh on and have been since day one.

That leaves Khrys and Kyla as the only two I'd be okay with going to the end.  Regardless, most of these girls will probably wind-up doing some instagram modeling so maybe this show wasn't a total waste of time for them.

• Love 13
46 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

Rio's sense of entitlement is amusing though.  No one is owed a modeling gig because they almost died or grew up in Detroit.  Get over yourself lady.

It always cracks me up when they do say they deserve to win because of their hard life, or worse, because they want it the most. And once again she went on about how ugly she was growing up while they showed pictures of her looking very pretty as a kid and teen. Seriously, she was a pretty girl so I don't get where all the teasing and name calling came from. Not saying she wasn't tormented as a kid, just that it is weird to hear her talk about her ugly duckling status when she looked quite pretty in all the pictures they chose to show.

• Love 13

Loved Rio’s shock at being eliminated. Wasn’t she the one who said she was ready to die if she couldn’t be famous? That’s not a life worth living to begin with. Maybe more skin lightening is the key, judging by her kid photos. 

But, the idea that Shanice could walk the runways of Paris, mingle with industry movers and shakers, and successfully work alongside actual models is laughable and cruel. She has the breeding of a barnyard animal and always looks like absolute dogshit. Loved her shiny hooker dress at panel. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, NickPappagiorgio said:

Maybe more skin lightening is the key, judging by her kid photos. 

I noticed that also and wondered if it was just the lighting. But she sure looked different in that way.

• Love 2

ANTM, your slip is showing...   Not that it ever seems like the contestants are participating in actual runway shows, but you'd think they could have at least found a better bubble.  I laughed when one of them got to the end to do their "pose" and all you could see was the duct tape holding the bubble together in various places.  No matter how cool the idea may have seemed on paper, if I were the designer, I'd have said no to the concept.  Between the ratchet bubble and the smoke you couldn't see the clothes at all.

• Love 12
Spoiler

For what it's worth...according to RTV Games every hamster except Kyla has been active on social media  during this run of the show. Make of that what you will.

I didn't realize how much I've missed Nigel until I saw him last night. And yeah, as other people have said, I fully expected Rio to go home once they started airing her rants all through the episode. They could have sent Shanice home and brought Jeanna back;  the tension between her and Rio after she came back would have made for lots of drama. They missed an opportunity. And, Lord knows, Shanice really should have gone home last night.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, leocadia said:

ANTM, your slip is showing...

OMG, I love this expression so much! For my late grandmother, who passed away almost 20 years ago at age 75, a woman's slip showing was a terrible, terrible thing. My cousins and I still joke about it. I wish I could use the expression in conversation more often, but nobody wears slips anymore, so most people don't know what I'm talking about.

• Love 5

This was my favourite episode thus far in the season. I loved that we got some panel critiques, even though it was only for two pictures. I loved seeing Nigel back and giving proper direction for the models. He made me feel so nostalgic for the old ANTM. I loved seeing Kyla and Sandra cute reunion. I also kind of loved Christina here. She was great and she looked pretty. It's pretty amazing how cutting her hair made her look more youthful and open.

And I loved seeing Rio leave.

Shanice's picture was horrible, but I'm okay with her staying since I thought Rio should have left last week. Rio is a fantastic model, but she has this sense of entitlement where she psyches herself out of the game. It may have seem like an on and off switch, but maybe another sister of hers was graduating and she wanted to win since her sister loves spiders and Eva. I also thought that she treated Jeana horribly. What makes it worse is that I feel like Jeana told Rio that she always felt like an outsider and was bullied and shunned and Rio did that to her here. While there wasn't any bullying, Rio did her best to make Jeana feel like she wasn't welcomed. It was a sad contrast to Kyla and Sandra, since Kyla was like, "I don't want to go, but I'd love if you came back to the house" to Sandra.

1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:
  Hide contents

For what it's worth...according to RTV Games every hamster except Kyla has been active on social media  during the show was filmed. Make of that what you will.

They could have sent Shanice home and brought Jeanna back;  the tension between her and Rio after she came back would have made for lots of drama. They missed an opportunity. And, Lord knows, Shanice really should have gone home last night.

Good TV, but I would feel bad for Krystiana who would be stuck in the middle, since she'd be comforting both girls and hearing them both complain about each other.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who laughed at hte duct tape at the runway.

• Love 6

I was absolutely gobsmacked when they kept Shanice over Rio. This had to been one of the more shocking eliminations that I've seen here.

Mrs. AAEBoiler said it best when she said that this just was a wasted episode based on last week's episode. Last week, Rio and Jeana were on the bottom and then sent Jeana home. This week, it was, essentially, Rio & Jeana on the bottom and they sent Rio home.

I have to give ANTM a bit of a hand though because while they're not the first (unless they were) to give a second chance to an elminated contestant, this is the first time that I've seen a reality show have the "returner" replace someone with no chance of returning themselves. Ultimately, Rio got screwed!

I'm hoping for a Khrystyana & Kyla 1-2 finish but I wouldn't be upset if Kyla edged Khrystyana.

• Love 2

Every time Rio said that Jeana was her biggest competition I rolled my eyes. Hey, Rio, there's this girl that has won numerous challenges and has as many FCO as you do... Just because Jeana has left (for 4-5 hours) doesn't mean that your road to ANTM title is suddenly clear. 

• Love 4
On 3/28/2018 at 1:43 PM, NickPappagiorgio said:

But, the idea that Shanice could walk the runways of Paris, mingle with industry movers and shakers, and successfully work alongside actual models is laughable and cruel. She has the breeding of a barnyard animal and always looks like absolute dogshit.

Hey, I feel this way about the Kardashian’s , Jenner’s, and Hadid’s.  Shanice’s socio-economic upbringing doesn’t equate to unworthiness.   

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

Shanice’s socio-economic upbringing doesn’t equate to unworthiness.   

No, but she doesn't have mommy bankrolling her "career". She had a hard life that shows in her attitude and bearing. They had a pampered life that gave them every opportunity to better themselves. Of course what they chose to do with those opportunities is augment themselves (in some cases) and flaunt their bodies, but hey, we all have dreams, some are just easier for some people to buy.

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 2