Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Discussion

4 hours ago, Token said:

What is it with young people and having to give fancy names to everything these days?  Kyla, you got a concussion.  I know 'brain injury' sounds so much bigger and scarier, and gets you lots more attention, but you got a concussion.  You're not special.

4 hours ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

This. I think she even went further and called it a “traumatic brain injury”, when Rio is walking around with a literal scar running up the back of her head. My eyeroll was more pronounced than Jeana’s at that.

I don't think that we have enough info to judge the severity of Kyla's injury. Traumatic brain injuries are a thing. I've known people with them. The injury did impact them. The NFL wouldn't have earmarked money for CTE if a traumatic brain injury was bullshit. A relative by marriage is the subject of the movie Concussion.

I thought Shanice's photo was fantastic. Kyla's was good too. Bye Sandra. You were ok. Rio is stank.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, stormy weather said:

So weird, I noticed the exact same thing this week. I had already said it in the makeover episode's discussion, but I feel Tyra really ruined Brendi with that haircut, way more so than the other girls with theirs. Also, if, from what we've seen from next week's preview, this "trailer park girl" label bothers her so much, and she stated several times already that she doesn't feel feminine enough, maybe a buzzcut wasn't exactly the best thing for her self-esteem?

This is ANTM, where Tyra feeds off the model's tears.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't think that we have enough info to judge the severity of Kyla's injury. Traumatic brain injuries are a thing. I've known people with them. The injury did impact them.

Yup.  She didn't elaborate on her injury but I think it goes beyond a concussion when there's significant brain swelling.  My brother was in a car wreck in 2005, sustained a TBI and it impacts him to this day - - - short term memory loss, loss of sensation in his limbs, aphasia---all kinds of life-changing shit. Now Kyla may be exaggerating because a TBI sounds more dramatic than concussion, but she may have legit issues from a TBI--we just can't know for certain.

I wonder why they only chose 3 male models from the casting call?  I know some didn't fit the definition of "brawny" but they should've used more than 3. And why didn't they let Shanice shoot with Eric?  I wanted to see where the flirting went.  I must admit, Shanice has surprised me.  I didn't think she would last 2 weeks and she's hanging right in there.  She's this season's Furonda.

• Love 12

Not that I think Brendi is any great shakes or anything, but the application of the gold paint around her mouth, making her look like a little kid that got into her Easter basket and got chocolate all over herself, was not helpful, and that wasn't her fault.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Now Kyla may be exaggerating because a TBI sounds more dramatic than concussion, but she may have legit issues from a TBI--we just can't know for certain.

True. And if she did have a TBI and not just a concussion, that would be a great thing for her to be an activist about, bringing awareness to people like me. (sorry about your brother, @SuburbanHangSuite)

I'm cynical, though, because for that seems to be the sort of thing that Tyra would have seized upon and made part of Kyla's storyline.....we'll see if it comes up again, or if next week there's yet another condition we learn about that supposedly contributes to her inconsistency as a model.

7 hours ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

True. And if she did have a TBI and not just a concussion, that would be a great thing for her to be an activist about, bringing awareness to people like me. (sorry about your brother, @SuburbanHangSuite)

I'm cynical, though, because for that seems to be the sort of thing that Tyra would have seized upon and made part of Kyla's storyline.....we'll see if it comes up again, or if next week there's yet another condition we learn about that supposedly contributes to her inconsistency as a model.

Thanks, Kaiju Ballet.  He's changed but he's here; that's what matters.  It was touch and go there for awhile.  And you're right - - - TBI is something that you don't hear about unless you have first-hand experience with it.  And if Rio is calling Kyla stupid and it's because she has residual effects of a brain injury, that's extremely effed up.  But I agree with you that this show always seems to have models with issues - - medical, social, financial - - take your pick.  Tyra can't have well-adjusted, happy women.  No opportunity for model tears.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

42 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Thanks, Kaiju Ballet.  He's changed but he's here; that's what matters.  It was touch and go there for awhile.  And you're right - - - TBI is something that you don't hear about unless you have first-hand experience with it.  And if Rio is calling Kyla stupid and it's because she has residual effects of a brain injury, that's extremely effed up.  But I agree with you that this show always seems to have models with issues - - medical, social, financial - - take your pick.  Tyra can't have well-adjusted, happy women.  No opportunity for model tears.

I was feeling extra snarky when I watched this so when Kyla said "I have a brain injury", I screamed out "Of course you do!" It seems like every week something else comes up. I do feel for them. Like I said, I was feeling snarky lol

I have completely soured on Rio since the whole Sandra thing and Krystianna is still my fave to win.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

True. And if she did have a TBI and not just a concussion, that would be a great thing for her to be an activist about, bringing awareness to people like me.

But she hasn't really, beyond using it to feel like a victim. I haven't seen her really speaking out about it, just "I had a TBI, it's mean of Rio to call me stupid".

• Love 1
(edited)

I had a peek at Sandra's IG account. She's a beautiful woman but there is something empty about her. Even the photos taken with her fiance were cold, and unemotional, and she looked like the very definition of 'arm candy'.  She is perfect for a specific social media crowd who is all about parties on yachts, high end clothes, and Kardashian-like vacant stares. 

Tyra's lecture to Khrystiana about why she chose her as bottom two made no sense at all. I didn't see weakness in her photo, but vulnerability. She's my pick to take it to the end. 

Edited by Ravenna
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Ravenna said:

Tyra's lecture to Khrystiana about why she chose her as bottom two made no sense at all. I didn't see weakness in her photo, but vulnerability. She's my pick to take it to the end. 

I agree 100%, and it was beautiful. But the challenge was kinda the opposite of vulnerability (and I really loved her picture <3 She was one of the best. But not meeting the requirements of the challenge. Efff. the challenge, lol !)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ravenna said:

I had a peek at Sandra's IG account. She's a beautiful woman but there is something empty about her. Even the photos taken with her fiance were cold, and unemotional, and she looked like the very definition of 'arm candy'.  She is perfect for a specific social media crowd who is all about parties on yachts, high end clothes, and Kardashian-like vacant stares. 

I don't think she'll ever be more than a social media model. She is a Kardashian wannabee.

42 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

I agree 100%, and it was beautiful. But the challenge was kinda the opposite of vulnerability (and I really loved her picture <3 She was one of the best. But not meeting the requirements of the challenge. Efff. the challenge, lol !)

That's a fair point. I think. I have no idea what the point of/requirements of the challenge actually were. When Tyra talks I tend to hear this odd buzzing sound, like when they do the emergency broadcast testing. But damn Khrystyana was killing it with emotion. That photo was stunning, both her and her male model partner sold a story. Whoever said it was reminiscent of Dany and Kal Drogo was spot on. It had a very Nordic Princess sold to a Barbarian vibe. None of the rest really told a story, though some were quite lovely. That male model was, IMO, the star of the whole photo shoot. Guy nailed it!

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

.. It had a very Nordic Princess sold to a Barbarian vibe. None of the rest really told a story, though some were quite lovely. That male model was, IMO, the star of the whole photo shoot. Guy nailed it!

Bolded : Exactly. Nailed it. I couldn't express it, you dit it for me. Thanks.

Italic : that's the problem and why she was not on the top. They were supposed to be fierce and outshine their male partner model (I summarize, that's what I understood form the challenge)

• Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

Bolded : Exactly. Nailed it. I couldn't express it, you dit it for me. Thanks.

Italic : that's the problem and why she was not on the top. They were supposed to be fierce and outshine their male partner model (I summarize, that's what I understood form the challenge)

I wouldn't say he outshone Khrys. They were quite equal. Which is still great. She is a very strong model, while he is (assumingly) a random guy from the street. He did outshine few girls though.

Both had emotion and looked very organic with each other. And it's hard to do with such polar emotions.

Making your own story, vs following the directive (whatever it was, I kinda tuned out as well lol), that's a different story... But should a visually and professionally  worse photo (or two, or three lol) be above a stunning photo that didn't meet the narrative? YMMV. I love Khrys, so I say art over story lol

Edited by vavera4ka
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, vavera4ka said:

I wouldn't say he outshone Khrys. They were quite equal. Which is still great. She is a very strong model, while he is (assumingly) a random guy from the street. He did outshine few girls though.

Both had emotion and looked very organic with each other. And it's hard to do with such polar emotions.

Making your own story, vs following the directive (whatever it was, I kinda tuned out as well lol), that's a different story... But should a visually and professionally  worse photo (or two, or three lol) be above a stunning photo that didn't meet the narrative? YMMV. I love Khrys, so I say art over story lol

Agree.
(and, once again, I loved her picture, the contrast between their own skin colour, the "vulnerable/fragile/afraid" vs. the "confident/strong/serene", etc.

Personally I go for best photo over who kept to the made up concept. It's not like these photo shoots are geared towards a specific product. I get staying on message when selling, say shoes and the model has great face but her feet are weirdly placed. But this shoot was totally made up in Tyra's terrifying head. At least Khrys wasn't booted. That would have been a travesty of epic proportions. I do think she was in the bottom because there was enough "justification" and they wanted the "OMG will the clear leader falter and not make it to the end?" narrative.

But that photo is one of those rare ones that will stay with me. It was VERY powerful in my mind. I honestly can't remember most of the rest. One of them was bending over and her skin blended with the male models skin in a rather interesting way. I think Brendi was standing straight on and looking very rectangular. I honestly can't remember the rest. But I can vividly see Khrystyana's photo. It had impact.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Token said:
23 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

This is ANTM, where Tyra feeds off the model's tears.

She bathes in them to keep herself young! 

The Ty-B.Agency will be visiting both of you.

• Love 2
On ‎02‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:01 PM, Zima said:

I don't care for Erin, but I couldn't handle that revelation. Was she expecting sympathy? Because what she did is one of the cruelest things I can think of to do to another human being. 

She sounded pretty ashamed of it, actually, and not expecting sympathy at all.  But I don't judge other people's reactions to a situation like that because, while I'd like to think I could handle it and stay, I don't know for sure.

• Love 2
On ‎02‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:16 PM, Token said:

What is it with young people and having to give fancy names to everything these days?  Kyla, you got a concussion.  I know 'brain injury' sounds so much bigger and scarier, and gets you lots more attention, but you got a concussion.  You're not special.

Based on what she said about it affecting her schoolwork, it sounds like she had more of an injury than just a concussion.

• Love 2

Here is the issue. With Tyra back at the helm, ANTM is going to go all formulaic again whereas last season was a breath of fresh air without her. You can tell who is going to be eliminated that episode in the first minute of every episode by who they focus on. Also, when there is a strong front runner like Khrystianna, they have to knock her down a bunch of pegs a few episodes from the end so she can work her way back up. But the problem is that last year a Caucasian girl won which, when Tyra is at the helm, the next season a WOC will win. It's her formula and her MO. So look for Khrys to take 2nd this year and Shanice or Erin to take first. Shanice looks exactly like Tiffany, who Tyra famously yelled at that one year while Erin has the 'age' backstory. It was all predetermined long before those photos were ever taken. That's why Khrys' backstory fit so well into this shoot - they could have an excuse when it was clear that Khrys didn't look any more uncomfortable than say...Brendi.

ANTM has long done this and it's lame. They have had some girls that legitimately could have been supermodels (Katarzyna comes to mind) but they apply this formula and eliminate the girls with potential for shit reasons. I'd be very, very shocked if Khrys pulls it out.

• Love 2
(edited)

Rio is a straight up bitch. Too bad, I really liked her at first.

Also, the mere fact that Jeana is so fond of Rio makes me question Jeana as a person, too. I thought it was kinda shit-stirring the way she ran to Rio to tell her what she heard from Kyla. And to act like Rio is just misunderstood, come on now. Plus, her selfie picture was actively horrible. 

On 2/28/2018 at 9:43 AM, ForReal said:

That little quirk in [Rio's] eyebrow makes her look devilish, and she's certainly playing the part.

Speaking of her eyebrow, what is happening there? Sometimes she has the quirky thing in the middle and sometimes her eyebrow looks perfectly normal. Does she just have no actual eyebrow and sometimes she draws the quirk on and sometimes not?

On 2/28/2018 at 10:51 AM, CheezyXpressed said:

Edit: When Tyra first introduced to male model, I thought she said he was the first Brony model and I was ready for some info on My Little Pony. I then realized she meant brawny and it didn't seem as fun as before.

Same!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LegallyRed2 said:

Shanice looks exactly like Tiffany

I am always fascinated when someone notices a resemblance that I don't see at all.  To me the absolutely first thing I notice is face shape.  Shanice has a very long, narrow face and Tiffany has a square-to-heart-shaped face, so to me they look nothing alike.  It's the same problem I have with the new official portrait of Michelle Obama--I have nothing against the artist or her style, but that is not Michelle Obama's face.  It's narrow and oval and hers is, again, square-to-heart-shaped, so it's jarring.

Re the eyebrow, my guess is that Rio brushes it up in the middle when she wants to, and I guess it's full enough not to look sparse but not so full that it doesn't show a "part," as it were.  With many of you above, I wish her personality matched her attractive looks!

• Love 2
(edited)
On 2/27/2018 at 11:37 PM, phoenix780 said:

I skipped last week's because I couldn't deal with the stories. And I tried this week but had to stop when Tyra started giving selfie lessons. There's something off about the tone of the show for me, I think because it looks better, the way it's filmed,  but Tyra's antics are still the same so they feel out of place. I dunno. 

There seem to be some good contestants, it sucks that it's...weird and boring (I to me). 

Tyra actually said something like "Why are you looking into your phone when you take a selfie?  Are you SO into yourself that you have to look at yourself in your phone?  No!   ........ Look at yourself in the mirror."
God she is such a fucking idiot 

On 2/27/2018 at 10:19 PM, AAEBoiler said:

Boo! Go home Rio! She may be pretty woman but she's not an attractive person.

She's soooooo gorgeous and I was so into her before her horrid personality started coming out!  Her and Coura were my favourites.  I still would pick Coura to win.

I really like Kyla as a PERSON but, as someone who's been into fashion and modelling since I was a child, I'm not getting why these judges think she's so bookable. Her eyes in the photo are still dead.  (Thanks for linking them.)  There are so many models who do Brendi's look better than she does.  At least they got rid of Christina, who had total crazy eyes.  And not in the model way.

I can't believe what a horrible crop of models Tyra picked this time, except for Coura.  I can only assume nobody wants to be on this show because Tyra is such an abuser?  I'm watching Season 22 right now and all the models are so attractive.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
(edited)
On 2/28/2018 at 6:42 PM, HunterHunted said:

I don't think that we have enough info to judge the severity of Kyla's injury. Traumatic brain injuries are a thing. I've known people with them. The injury did impact them. The NFL wouldn't have earmarked money for CTE if a traumatic brain injury was bullshit. A relative by marriage is the subject of the movie Concussion.

We also have no information on what Kyla does as an activist when she's not on the show so I don't really get why others are spending their time doubting it or mocking it.  Not sure why someone would look down on a 17 year old activist or even a 17 year old who wants to be an activist.  I think it's great that she's politically informed, feels strongly, and is interested enough in important causes.  Putting down the youth for that makes zero sense to me.

The thing about Sandra for me is that she always looked like she was wearing SO much makeup.  In the Kardashian era there's a huge market out there for that, but it is so not my thing that it was such a turn off.  There's just no realness there for me.  She has so many Instagram followers; she will be fine selling stuff on there.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
On 2/27/2018 at 10:37 PM, phoenix780 said:

And I tried this week but had to stop when Tyra started giving selfie lessons.

34 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Tyra actually said something like "Why are you looking into your phone when you take a selfie?  Are you SO into yourself that you have to look at yourself in your phone?  No!   ........ Look at yourself in the mirror."
God she is such a fucking idiot 

Tyra was testing them on mirror selfies. And though she wasn't nearly as clear as she should have been, ideal mirror selfies really should be handled differently from a regular selfie. The mirror can allow for full body pictures, better lighting, and different angles by using not the camera, but the reflection to catch more of the subject. And because you are really using the reflection, you don't actually have to look at the phone. It wasn't explained well at all.

However, I get the irony of Tyra asking if a person looking into the mirror is less of a narcissist than a person looking into the phone. I guess that pales in comparison to the idiot who drowns in their reflection.

(edited)

Yes, it was how she phrased it that I take issue with.  She accused anyone who looks into their own picture on their phone as being "too into (herself)" as opposed to the person who looks in the mirror, as if one is narcissistic but not the other.  It's okay, I understand "The Science" of mirror selfies.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Same!

A brony loving photoshoot would be so much fun on this show.

6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

We also have no information on what Kyla does as an activist when she's not on the show so I don't really get why others are spending their time doubting it or mocking it.  Not sure why someone would look down on a 17 year old activist or even a 17 year old who wants to be an activist.  I think it's great that she's politically informed, feels strongly, and is interested enough in important causes.  Putting down the youth for that makes zero sense to me.

For me, her head injury isn't something to make fun of since the way she described it shows it was serious. I think her activism just rubbed people the wrong way when she was going after Liberty. She used her 'wokeness' to look down on someone who is still ignorant about the world, but was willing to learn. Unfortunately, you can see this happening everywhere so Kyla isn't the exception to this rule. Kyla does go to marches and I think she does go out to fight for inequality for race and gender, but she's still at that stage where she feels right and doesn't listen to others who don't view the world through the same lens.

• Love 5

Not to defend Kyla because I don't really like her much; she reminds me of the corner of Facebook that's known as Leftbook (please stop being on my side, you make my side look bad, kthxbai).  But there are all sorts of brain injuries that aren't concussions.  Those terms are not synonymous.

That said, Rio did not come off well this episode in terms of the personal house drama.  The weird thing for me was that I was vacillating on which of the two of them annoyed me more in their stupid little argument.  On the one hand, totally get why Kyla would dislike the term.  I was a school nerd kid, too, and I can only imagine how hard it was to suddenly struggle like she described.  On the flip side, sometimes what we heard of their discussion sounded, as I said, very Leftbook self crit nonsense and the entire thing was sparked by heresay from stealth shit stirrer Sandra about something Rio allegedly said.  We all know good and well that the cameras caught whatever the real conversation was there.  This whole debacle was edited to holy hell and back and, frankly, both young women looked a little silly for it, even as I agreed with some of their individual points.

Did anyone get eliminated after Brendi left? I had to go watch Becca confront Arie on the Bachelor and missed the end. 

I would have given best photo to Khrystyana because I loved the movement of her picture. Brendi's sucked so she probably would have been eliminated anyway. 

I hate Rio so much that it actually pisses me off that she is outwardly beautiful, because she is stunning, but she's such a hateful person. Jeanna, it seems, isn't much better. They just gave her a better edit until now. Ugh. Why does this show need to have villains? There could be enough drama in just trying to be models without having such shit stirrers around. 

• Love 18

Brendi K seems like such a high maintenance girl, and yet...the mama bear in me wants to give her a hug and tell her she's good enough.  

Jeana and Rio sure came off poorly this week.

Khrystyana is still the best.

• Love 11

That was bullshit. Since Brendi went home, why go through the motions with cutting someone if you weren't going to cut anyone else? So Jeana and Kyla can't have their own photos? 

Honestly, I didn't like how Jeana was suddenly shown as a bitch when she really wasn't one in the previous episodes.  Then to potentially cut her because she asked to take those ill fitting shoes off? Why don't they have shoes in these model's sizes by now? There's not that many of them.  

Tyra sure loves her back handed critiques. 

I sure would like to see a few of the other photos if these are considered the best ones for Judge's panel.  

• Love 3

Eh, Tyra chooses the pictures shown at panel so it's always been with a certain edit in mind.  Sure there were better pictures but that doesn't matter in the context of how TPTB want the show to go.

• Love 5

Yeah, I've always felt the choose the photos based on who they planned on sending home that week. I mean, we never get to see other options so we only have their word that this is the best photo. There have been times during photo shoots where I thought there were some amazing options but then we get the one pic with, say, Erin's hair in her face. No way that was the best photo of her that week. 

I'm not totally convinced they don't already know who the winner is and are choosing photos and challenge winners (to a lesser extent since we actually see the challenges and if a girl tanks it they can't pretend she was the best) based on the storyline they laid out. I'm very jaded. 

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Yeah, I've always felt the choose the photos based on who they planned on sending home that week. I mean, we never get to see other options so we only have their word that this is the best photo. There have been times during photo shoots where I thought there were some amazing options but then we get the one pic with, say, Erin's hair in her face. No way that was the best photo of her that week. 

I'm not totally convinced they don't already know who the winner is and are choosing photos and challenge winners (to a lesser extent since we actually see the challenges and if a girl tanks it they can't pretend she was the best) based on the storyline they laid out. I'm very jaded. 

I'd call you realistic.

It's a reality/competition show, but definitely scripted to a degree.  They have a definite story in mind, and I absolutely believe that they know from the beginning...or darn near...who's going to win.

• Love 7

Wow, Jeana really showed her true colours this week.  For someone who claims to have been bullied, she's quite the little bitch herself and seems to have a very healthy dose of self esteem/arrogance.  She was lucky that Brendi K self-eliminated because I can't imagine the judges were impressed with her crappy shot after taking those shoes off against Drew's advice.  She seemed really ugly this week.

• Love 7

That's pretty common, though, for peeps who have been bullied to at least go through a bullying phase. 

Did we see Brendi's photo?  Did I blink and miss it?  I really wanted to see it since it sounded like she felt good about the shoot itself. 

I think I strongly dislike all of these women except for Krys and Erin, now.  Huh.  Didn't see that coming. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I reeeeeally want to see the outtakes from Khrystyana's shoot. Some of those shots looked amazing, espeially when she was doing the leaning down thing.

Glad she and Erin didn't get involved in the drama.

1 hour ago, millahnna said:

Did we see Brendi's photo?  Did I blink and miss it? 

It was in her photo montage at the end. I wonder why she wants to be a model given her self-esteem problems, where all you do is get judged over and over.

Edited by niklj
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Marmiarmo said:

It's a reality/competition show, but definitely scripted to a degree.  They have a definite story in mind, and I absolutely believe that they know from the beginning...or darn near...who's going to win.

Back when Cover Girl was a prize sponsor the Js sort of admitted that they ran the hopefuls past CG early in the initial selection process and knew who CG preferred. IIRC they said McKey was going to be the winner the first time they saw her. And now that they actively trawl Instagram looking for people to invite (that's how they got Nyle DeMarco in Cycle 22) , yeah, they're building a narrative there from the get-go. 

• Love 2

I am not sure if Jeana is really that bad, or is just being edited to look that way. Seems like it was her turn to take a tumble in the standings this week, just like it was Krystyana's last week. It's interesting to note which girls are hugging each other when they are standing together in random shots -- it looks to me like Jeana isn't as separate from the others as this show indicated. Rio, hard to say.

One of my favorite situations on this show is when two girls pair up and hate on everyone else, and then one gets sent home and the other has to make friends with everyone again. It almost always seems to happen, which makes me think the animosity is oversold in the talking head moments.

I thought Shanice was wrong that Jeana should have picked her to go to the spa. They were told they could pick a friend, so why pick the runner up if it wasn't someone you wanted to hang with?

I do agree with Drew that Jeana has to really, really own her looks to be a supermodel, otherwise she's kind of coasting on being a novelty. She's got to bring it from within.

I like Erin, but I am surprised she hasn't gone home. She just doesn't seem to have that star quality that could win the whole competition, in my opinion.

In the previews for next week Drew was getting mad at someone -- wonder who. The editing made it almost look like Shanice, but it could have been a typical mislead and it could have been anyone. On the other hand, Shanice will be due for a tumble in the standings...

• Love 5

Shanice complaining that Jeana should have picked her, since she came in second was funny since we saw her do the same thing when Sandra won the video challenge and picked Kyla.

I kind of feel like Jeana got a bad edit this week so the judges could find a reason to place her in the bottom two. She may be cocky, but Shanice is a hater and seems to hate a different person every week so I don't know if I can trust her opinion here. Rio is still bad and Jeana may be getting a bad wrap due to association, but Jeana has gotten along with a lot of the girls on the show. We saw Sandra cheering for her during one panel and she's also been seen hanging out with Krystiana as well.

I thought Tyra was anticipating some tears, which is why she kept trying to pry information from Brendi K. I feel like if Brendi K saw her photo and the judges praised it, she would have continued on with the competiton. But Tyra wanted tears and got the opposite reaction instead, which leads me to think that Tyra wished should have praised Brendi K's photo before the breakdown happened so she could get more tears out of her.

Brendi K leaving is fine with me though. I think it's poetic that she pushed Liz, who was a far superior model, out of the competition and ended up leaving in the same way too.

As for the photo shoot, I thought Kyla had the best picture. Her pose and face were great. The judges said it was heavy, but they also praised the other photos and the rest of the girls weren't good. This photo shoot in general was horrible. Everyone had a bad pose (outside of Kyla) and their faces were not good (outside of Kyla). Every close up was weird. Even Krystiana, which is weird because I could have sworn she had better pictures. Shanice's dress ruined the picture. Rio's face and body wasn't good. Erin's face was a mess. Jeana's face was better, but her pose was middle of the pack. Both she and Kyla had no business in the bottom two. I'd probably place Rio and Erin there just for the face that their close up shot wasn't model worthy.

If this was an earlier season everyone would have been chewed out for the state of their faces.

Plus, someone on reddit posted pictures from GNTM's parachute shoot and it's like night and day. - https://imgur.com/a/Zh4FM The last picture in that group is stunning.

• Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I would have given best photo to Khrystyana because I loved the movement of her picture.

yes! but i'm biased. so idk how much merit my opinion carries lol

also... came here to say this

8 hours ago, niklj said:

I reeeeeally want to see the outtakes from Khrystyana's shoot. Some of those shots looked amazing, espeially when she was doing the leaning down thing.

I was hoping they'd chose one of those photos. The looked stunning, but then she'd blow everyone out of the water and no way would be justified as 2nd CO lol

It kinda looked like a gorgeous but scary creature coming out of a dense fog/smoke, due to the dress color.

Even in the photo chosen, there's story in her pose and face. Those leaning photos would have had even better story. Idk how she does it. But whoever on the panel said it nailed it: she brings life to clothes. This show doesn't deserve a model of such talent.

Edited by vavera4ka
  • Love 5

Thank Dog Brendi is gone.  I agree with the poster upthread who wonders why someone with such abysmal self-esteem would dream of a career where you face constant criticism about everything...looks, body, style.  It befuddles me.  And annoys me.  Did Brendi K (to differentiate herself from all the other Brendis in the group) really think that modelling...MODELLING...would be her best option?  Go back to school and get some book-learning because you just plain don't have the ego for ANTM.  Rio is a bitch.  THAT is the personality to get ahead in a cut-throat industry.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, vavera4ka said:

Even in the photo chosen, there's story in her pose and face.

I think she's very good at that, putting emotion into her photos so that there feels like a story behind them rather than a pretty picture of a girl in front of a parachute for some reason. I think that's what I love about her the most. There seems to be thought and emotion in her modeling. And she's stunning.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

Thank Dog Brendi is gone.  I agree with the poster upthread who wonders why someone with such abysmal self-esteem would dream of a career where you face constant criticism about everything...looks, body, style.  It befuddles me.  And annoys me.  Did Brendi K (to differentiate herself from all the other Brendis in the group) really think that modelling...MODELLING...would be her best option?  Go back to school and get some book-learning because you just plain don't have the ego for ANTM.  Rio is a bitch.  THAT is the personality to get ahead in a cut-throat industry.

Brendi had some good photos - she should've gotten first call out 2 weeks ago, imo, but her lack of self-esteem was all wrong for modeling.   Not for this competition, because this is exactly the kind of person Tyra loves having in it, but for the industry in general.

I disagree, however, that you have to be a bitch like Rio to make it in the industry.

• Love 3