Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Discussion

31 minutes ago, 40Love said:

Wow, I missed all of this. I had no idea. Must of fast-forwarded through a lot of the show. I take back calling her a horrible person. She's been through a lot...and it explains some of her decisions, insecurities and empowerment issues. But, my dislike of Law stands! ;-)

It was mentioned in the blooper episode. A lot of things were, but we never got to see it. That's why I can't really hate her, because she reminds me of Christina. Both have insecurity issues and put up a front to keep people out, but they're super fragile for whatever reason.

And yes Law sucks. lol. This is also why I felt like Christina wasn't all that bad. She gave him flak multiple times and she's doing well for herself now.

• Love 2

Paper photos from this ep

I'm on the fence about Jeana.  There's a series of pics on her IG with the little girl she walked the runway with taken by her fiance.  Hopefully, she learns to not keep answering the haters on her IG or just make one blanket statement and let it go.  That's not to say she doesn't have her defenders.  There are people angry at Drew especially, that she didn't win.

Kyla is getting some hate also though she doesn't seem to be responding back to it and Khrys of course has congratulated Kyla on her win.  She also said in her interview when Drew asked about which girls she'd probably remain friends with was pretty much most of them but especially Kyla and Jeana.

• Love 1

What bugged me the most about them keeping Jeana (or however you spell it!) is that the whole cast walked in the runway show anyway. Pervy designer still got to see her again and have her walk in his clothes so why the bs about keeping her? She should have been long gone. 

• Love 15

Not really as livid as the rest of you. Good for Kyla. Honestly when Khrys was like "I'm 32" after getting eliminated I was kind of like "oh, eek" because that is pretty old for modeling.

I think the show probably could have ended up a couple weeks ago and I wouldn't have done all the returning person crap. It kind of let the wind out of the season tbh.

If they do another cycle they should definitely get rid of Law. He adds nothing and he's not even funny which is what that judging slot used to represent. What's Miss Jay up to these days? Someone should give her a call.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I didn't like the designer before, but then he made Khrys cry. Why would you do that? She's probably going to be the most successful one out of this bunch, so I'm glad she won't have to deal with him again and be stuck with this show.

It's funny how much Drew and Jeana don't like each other. The interview that he does with the models who leave was hilariously awkward when it was with Jeana.

What does it say about a modeling show that features a designer who makes the nicest model cry? That was a terrible TV moment.

The exit interview with Drew and Jeana was weird. Jeana actually said she thought the other girls persuaded Rio to turn against her and move out of the room. Can these mean girls not even recognize how mean they actually are?

Personally, I'm starting to think half if not more of the back sob stories are lies. I know reality tv is not real, but this show takes the fake to a whole new level.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, burner said:

Honestly when Khrys was like "I'm 32" after getting eliminated I was kind of like "oh, eek" because that is pretty old for modeling.

For male and plus models, 32 isn't really that old and it also depends on how you look.

31 minutes ago, ForReal said:

The exit interview with Drew and Jeana was weird.

Actually, both of Jeana's exit interviews with Drew were that way.  It was obvious that Drew didn't care for Jeana and she knew that.  The atmosphere between both of them in that first exit interview especially was chilly.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, rlc said:

Um, Pantene was the sponsor. They weren’t going to choose a bald girl for the win.

Besides the fact that she's flashed her labia (and not in an artsy I was the model for Picasso kind of way) to the internet. Pantene is a Proctor & Gamble brand. This is a Standard & Poor's 100 company. They are not picking a bald girl who showed her labia as the winner.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, bref said:

What a weird season. But hey, thanks to these forums, I now know exactly what Jeana's genitalia look like! 

If the right people see those pictures she could still be in the running to be America's Next First Lady.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, ForReal said:

What does it say about a modeling show that features a designer who makes the nicest model cry? That was a terrible TV moment.

The exit interview with Drew and Jeana was weird. Jeana actually said she thought the other girls persuaded Rio to turn against her and move out of the room. Can these mean girls not even recognize how mean they actually are?

Personally, I'm starting to think half if not more of the back sob stories are lies. I know reality tv is not real, but this show takes the fake to a whole new level.

No, they usually can't.  I work with two mean girls right now and they don't have a clue.  They think they're wonderful.

• Love 5

Tyra acting like she is ALL ABOUT opening up standards of beauty yet she's cool with the finale designer bullying a contestant for her weight, oh sorry, for her "jiggling" and allows that humiliation to be aired. And then Jeana (who I don't even like) was told she just doesn't look good without hair at the photo shoot (after being told the whole season she must embrace being bald).  The whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth. 

• Love 18

I actually thought Law was on point about Khrystyana's photo. It looked awful. But I wish they judged her entire body of work instead of eliminating her over one photo. Honestly, the final two should've been Khrystyana and Rio, and Khrystyana should've won. But really, does the winner really matter anymore? It really doesn't.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, cerealboxkilla said:

I actually thought Law was on point about Khrystyana's photo. It looked awful. But I wish they judged her entire body of work instead of eliminating her over one photo. Honestly, the final two should've been Khrystyana and Rio, and Khrystyana should've won. But really, does the winner really matter anymore? It really doesn't.

Even giving Law the benefit of the doubt about Khrys' photo, his whole attitude towards her was unnecessary.  It was like he was Plein 2.0 and really this season he's just made unnecessary comments towards the girls.  In this case, Drew was on set and it was for his magazine and he liked how Khrys performed on the shoot.  Frankly none of the chosen photos was great.  Kyla kept her chin down but lost her neck and Jeana was doing her sexy thing and they supposedly had to put a wig on for the photos to work (okay, whatever).  As for the photos, Tyra has usually chosen the final photos (even if a girl has gotten good feedback during her shoot) which by now most of us just go with it fits in whatever narrative TPTB have plotted out.   Judging the finalists on their entire body of work has only been used when they were trying to justify the win (seeing as most of the time, they don't even show the entire portfolio or they flip flop their opinions on previous photos) for someone that maybe wasn't as strong as the competition.  Also, this show is notorious for eliminating a girl whose done well throughout only to have one bad photo shoot otherwise or to keep a girl whose been in the bottom two multiple times (Whitney) or eliminated and brought back in this cycle.  It's all subjective and scripted to fit what TPTB or perhaps the sponsor or modeling agency wants not to mention being on VH1 probably shaped how this went as well since I doubt the way this season played out would have been the same on the CW.

Though agreed it doesn't really matter if someone wins or not especially in this day and age where social media plays a part and in Khrys' case you have someone who is not only popular but has pretty much been working consistently and is already signed to agencies in New York and L.A.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 7

I was on Instagram a few minutes ago. I saw Kyla's last photo in my feed. I thought it was the worst of the three. 

Now Kyla's Pantene ad? GORGEOUS. She has beautiful hair, and her eyes were striking in that photo. 

• Love 3

It's pretty bad when a show has to spend half of the finale episode explaining why one contestant didn't win.  I'm guessing Kyla must have been the safe option.  Clearly there were people with veto power against both Khrystyana and Jeana.  Kyla was the only viable option.  And probably why Khrystyana was eliminated third versus second.

Also, add me to the "WTF?" camp regarding Philipp Plein.  Not sure how he is still relevant after his "Alice in Ghettoland" runway show.  I would have thought something like that would have been a turn off for Tyra (then again, it is Tyra).  Plus, his comment to Shanice ("It's not a walk of shame, it's a walk of fame.") - while maybe out of context - came off as trashy. 

13 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

It's funny how much Drew and Jeana don't like each other. The interview that he does with the models who leave was hilariously awkward when it was with Jeana.

My favorite moment from the second interview:

Jeana: "I'm a devil and angel all in one."

Drew: "I guess..."

• Love 5
On 4/10/2018 at 8:47 PM, CheezyXpressed said:

I haven't watched it yet, but wanted to know who won. I'm glad Krys didn't, only because this frees her up to do what she wants and it's clear that she's been super successful post show. Kyla needs some actual modeling tips, so her winning will actually help her more than Krys. She does have the body of a model, but it's clear that this show didn't really help her actually be a model. Hopefully with her signed to an agency, Kyla will be able to get proper tips on what she should do.

I do find it funny that in a season that was all about inclusion and had both the short and tall, plus size and skinny, young and old, the winner ended up being a young skinny tall woman.

And she was not best model by far! She seems like a nice enough person (unlike Jeana), but she seemed to benefit from the bias towards tall, thin, young models that this season was supposed to subvert. 

Oh well. At least it wasn't Jeana.

Edited by timeywimey
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, numbnut said:

Good God. Phillip Plein is a complete ass. He shouldn't be anywhere near impressionable young women.

Does anyone know who Tyra's dating now? Apparently she split with Erik Asla after the baby was born. She has been known to work her current boo into ANTM....

7 hours ago, zenithwit said:
20 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

My favorite moment from the second interview:

Jeana: "I'm a devil and angel all in one."

Drew: "I guess..."

I was confused by her comment about coming back was revenge against the girls. Revenge against what? They didn't vote you out, or sabotage your shoot, they mostly avoided your toxic personality but that's not revenge worthy. I think Jeana is relishing in her villain role because without it she'd be forgotten. She's not as amazing as they made her think she is. She looks tired, all the time, her only asset is her baldness and that is just a novelty. She needed something to make her special and she went with villain. But she's not a love to hate, she's just a hate to have to watch at all for me.

• Love 11

I take back everything I said about the designer who saved Jeana, thank you for saving her so she could be shot down at the last second! ??  I just hate that Krystyana got eliminated before her but hope she has an awesome modeling career now.  It killed me that she let Jeana get to her, and I'll never understand why she was teased for being ugly!  I had a feeling Kyla would win, she deserved it.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:20 PM, milkyaqua said:

I'm going to have to watch the clips tomorrow but I don't really get what Law's problem was with Khrys.   

I think it started when Jeana got in her head when she walked up to her during her photoshoot.  He knew she wasn't delivering the way she had before.  I was so rooting for her to snap out of it!

On 4/10/2018 at 9:47 PM, CheezyXpressed said:

I do find it funny that in a season that was all about inclusion and had both the short and tall, plus size and skinny, young and old, the winner ended up being a young skinny tall woman.

But that made me respect the show, like they weren't just going to pick someone because she would be unusual in the modeling world without looking at her performance.  That said, they really should have had ALL the contestants be unusual in some way. Biracial is not anymore.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:43 PM, Tanichka said:

BTW, when she walks away, one can really notice Ashley Graham's fat ass.

This is mean, but I noticed too.?

• Love 2
21 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I didn't see any awkwardness, I was hoping for some.

19 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

So Kyla with her big blob of a nose won.

Come on, you make it sound like WC Fields!  Would you really prefer a cookie-cutter button nose (actually her profile looks like one)  I think it's great she won for girls who may feel ugly to see a less than perfect beauty win.  And the camera loves her.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, TVbitch said:

And then Jeana (who I don't even like) was told she just doesn't look good without hair at the photo shoot (after being told the whole season she must embrace being bald).  

It wasn't that she didn't look good being bald, it was that she wasn't owning it in the shoot, and Drew gave up.  She really isn't good at modeling besides runway imo.

12 hours ago, cerealboxkilla said:

I actually thought Law was on point about Khrystyana's photo. It looked awful. 

I could not believe that pic they chose.  It was bad.

16 hours ago, slaterain said:

What bugged me the most about them keeping Jeana (or however you spell it!) is that the whole cast walked in the runway show anyway. Pervy designer still got to see her again and have her walk in his clothes so why the bs about keeping her? She should have been long gone. 

Ikr? All this anticipation about being oh so special to be selected for his runway and they're all in it ?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, numbnut said:

Good God. Phillip Plein is a complete ass. He shouldn't be anywhere near impressionable young women.

It makes me wonder how often runway models come across this.  It's gotta be tough to be physically judged all the time.  I was anorexic decades ago without even being judged so I know I couldn't take it.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

It makes me wonder how often runway models come across this.  It's gotta be tough to be physically judged all the time. 

Their job is to be treated like a moving coat hanger, so I'd say Plein is more the rule than the exception. I also think the days of the "supermodel" are over. It's now the era of the instagram model or worse, the my daddy's a billionaire so I get to pretend to be a model.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, noveltylibrary said:

Come on, you make it sound like WC Fields!  Would you really prefer a cookie-cutter button nose (actually her profile looks like one)  I think it's great she won for girls who may feel ugly to see a less than perfect beauty win.  And the camera loves her.

I do like someone who isn’t cookie cutter, but I found her squashed face a little disconcerting. Oh well, it’s only a tv show.

2 minutes ago, vavera4ka said:

third?

THIRD?????

I'm following Khrys on Insta and it looks like girl gets A LOT of work. So F you show!  You don't deserve her anyway.

I’m with you all the way!

• Love 2
15 hours ago, cerealboxkilla said:

I actually thought Law was on point about Khrystyana's photo. It looked awful.

Krystyana's photo was horrible but I think it was mostly the completely unflattering mustard yellow background, which did not compliment her skin tone at all, combined with the mustard colored dress and the ill-fitting mustard colored wig and the pop of ketchup phone and the photo came out looking like it was one of Ru Paul's comedy Queens staging a shoot.

I thought Kyla would have looked much better with brunette wig at that shoot.

I thought Jeana's photo was the best. She looked like she could have been taken straight out of a Man From U.N.C.L.E. episode - The Shrunken Doll Caper or something. Just gorgeous.

However, on the runway, I thought Jeana looked like a suburban soccer mom doing a charity fashion show at some mall somewhere. I have often thought she photographs rather "mature." I'm glad Kayla won.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, vavera4ka said:

third?

THIRD?????

I'm following Khrys on Insta and it looks like girl gets A LOT of work. So F you show!  You don't deserve her anyway.

How do you find her on Instagram? Is she under ANTM or does she have a separate account?

3 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:
On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:43 PM, Tanichka said:

BTW, when she walks away, one can really notice Ashley Graham's fat ass.

This is mean, but I noticed too.?

The outfit was definitely not flattering.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

The outfit was definitely not flattering.

It's because she insists on wearing everything two sizes to small, like she's making some kind of point about how fat people can wear tight clothes too.  Yes, you can wear tight, but not sizes-too-small tight.  I hate everything about that woman because she's doing the plus-sized community no favours.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Token said:

It's because she insists on wearing everything two sizes to small, like she's making some kind of point about how fat people can wear tight clothes too.  Yes, you can wear tight, but not sizes-too-small tight.  I hate everything about that woman because she's doing the plus-sized community no favours.

I don't hate her, but you do have a point about the two-sizes-too-small thing.  There's flattering tight in the right places, and then there's bits blobbing out unattractively.  It's interesting to me that it's Ashley's bikini/swimsuit photos which are her most attractive ones.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ForReal said:

How do you find her on Instagram? Is she under ANTM or does she have a separate account?

All the girls' IG accounts are in the "S24 Contestants" thread along with any of their work and interviews.

1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

I don't hate her, but you do have a point about the two-sizes-too-small thing.  There's flattering tight in the right places, and then there's bits blobbing out unattractively.  It's interesting to me that it's Ashley's bikini/swimsuit photos which are her most attractive ones.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Ashley's style inspiration was the Kardashians so make of that what you will...

4 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Their job is to be treated like a moving coat hanger, so I'd say Plein is more the rule than the exception. I also think the days of the "supermodel" are over. It's now the era of the instagram model or worse, the my daddy's a billionaire so I get to pretend to be a model.

Exactly.  As much of a jerk as he came across for how he treated Khrys, that's standard modeling procedure.  In the real world, Khrys would never be sent to a casting for his shows because her agency would know which designers they could and couldn't send her to.  This reminds me of the earlier seasons on ANTM when people were surprised by how mean Janice could be but she was mild in comparison to what the girls were going to hear once they got to an agency.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, zenithwit said:

Also, add me to the "WTF?" camp regarding Philipp Plein.  Not sure how he is still relevant after his "Alice in Ghettoland" runway show.  I would have thought something like that would have been a turn off for Tyra (then again, it is Tyra).  Plus, his comment to Shanice ("It's not a walk of shame, it's a walk of fame.") - while maybe out of context - came off as trashy. 

Tyra in my opinion is an idiot; as you said, "then again, it is Tyra".  This is a woman who during the Phillip Plein show announced "It doesn't matter if you're yellow... or brown" and flashed pictures of East and South Asian people.  Speaking as an East Asian person no we do NOT want to be referred to as yellow.  What a moron.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

"It doesn't matter if you're yellow... or brown" and flashed pictures of East and South Asian people.  Speaking as an East Asian person no we do NOT want to be referred to as yellow.  What a moron.

Yeah, she is... and she thinks she's so profound and deep. I fast-forwarded through her pre-runway philosophical babble as soon as I heard the words "We live in a society...". Just start the damn show Tyra! Ain't nobody got time for all your self-righteous I'm-so-much-more-enlightened-than you crap.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, milkyaqua said:

Exactly.  As much of a jerk as he came across for how he treated Khrys, that's standard modeling procedure.  In the real world, Khrys would never be sent to a casting for his shows because her agency would know which designers they could and couldn't send her to. 

That's why it kind of bothers me when they throw one or two bigger girls in with the standard model twigs. Because they are sending them all to the same go-sees, same shoots, same runways, but they are different types of model. They should have had one or two designated bigger model seasons, then sent them to designers who appreciate and are looking for that kind of model.

If Pervy Plein had had his way Khrys wouldn't have made it to top three because she has fat on her body and jiggles like a normal human being.

And as far as representing bigger girls. I think Khrys does it right by accentuating her curves without making them this huge deal while Ashley does it wrong by squeezing into sausage casing clothes to prove big is sexy, which, the way she does it, it is not.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

And as far as representing bigger girls. I think Khrys does it right by accentuating her curves without making them this huge deal while Ashley does it wrong by squeezing into sausage casing clothes to prove big is sexy, which, the way she does it, it is not.

What is Khrys?  A size 10?  There's no way she is a plus size model.  She is an average woman's size, not a runway skinny twig, however. 

Ashley needs a stylist who will put her in clothes that SKIM the body, not show every nook and cranny.  Tight on a curvy girl is not attractive.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

What is Khrys?  A size 10?  There's no way she is a plus size model.  She is an average woman's size, not a runway skinny twig, however. 

Khrys is a size 10 according to her NY model page.  She's considered plus by the industry standards for plus models.  A size 10 is the smallest.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ozzy said:

If Khrys is selling it, I am Buying it.

And isn't that the point? Models are basically saleswomen. They are supposed to make us want to buy whatever it is they are selling. I, too, would buy what Khrys is selling. She's beautiful, but she's also very personably and comes across as honest.

• Love 7
On 4/11/2018 at 4:29 PM, slaterain said:

Yeah!!!

It hasn't been mentioned but that was supremely cruel what they did to Shanice. The girl makes it all the way to the end of the competition and gets cut before even getting to walk in the runway show?!? Yes, I know she got to walk but wasn't evaluated as part of the final group. She got dressed up and was ready for the photo shoot and then they cut her. That was cold!!!

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Tanichka said:

She is an average woman's size

That is plus-sized in the fashion industry.  Which sucks.

13 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Ashley needs a stylist who will put her in clothes that SKIM the body, not show every nook and cranny.  Tight on a curvy girl is not attractive.

Depends on where and how it's tight.  Tight can be sexy on someone large, too-tight is a whole different matter.

1 hour ago, AAEBoiler said:

It hasn't been mentioned but that was supremely cruel what they did to Shanice. The girl makes it all the way to the end of the competition and gets cut before even getting to walk in the runway show?!? Yes, I know she got to walk but wasn't evaluated as part of the final group. She got dressed up and was ready for the photo shoot and then they cut her. That was cold!!!

It's not the first time they've done something like that on this show, but yes, it is cold as hell.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, proserpina65 said:
21 hours ago, Tanichka said:

She is an average woman's size

That is plus-sized in the fashion industry.  Which sucks.

Speaking of industry standards, in all likelihood Kyla will be asked to lose weight once she signs with Next L.A...

On another topic, I usually put this sort of stuff in the Media thread but since I'm not even sure if the article will ever get published, here's a feed from Jeana's IG the day after the finale when she was answering folks about her behavior.  She took it down yesterday but once it's out there, someone's going to copy and save it.  Make of it what you will but Jeana is not the first girl in the history of this show to call shenanigans.

Khyrs even acknowledges that not everything is how it appears in one of her IG posts and encourages people to follow and get to know the girls and links their IGs.  Which is pretty much what she also said in her after show interview with Drew.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 2

Yep, it was incredibly wrong to cut Shanice and let Jeana walk in the runway show, when Jeana had been cut the previous episode and Shanice saved.  That ended up meaning nothing.  This whole season has been fucked up in its decision making.

• Love 4
On 4/11/2018 at 9:04 AM, SnarkAttack30 said:

That makes a bit more sense about the whole activist thing but they didn't make it clear what she meant in the show itself. I found Kyla immature and air-headed at times; a true millennial who thinks that her words actually matter and her impact is changing the world when really, posting on social media and whining about life is far from that truth. 

She's older end of Gen Z, not a millennial. The youngest of the millennials are solidly into their 20s. 

THat said, dafuq did I just watch?  I was happy that Jeana lost because she was so awful but at the same time, it seemed like bringing her back was solely for the purpose of letting her get to the finale and be gutted by the loss.  I mean when I think of everything I know about how reality tv is constructed, well awful as she was I still ended up feeling bad for her. 

• Love 1
On 4/5/2018 at 11:31 AM, proserpina65 said:

I miss the days when the girls were taught how to work their angles and how to walk, etc..  I really miss the Miss J of the first 7 or 8 cycles, before the show stopped caring.

I do too. I really wish they'd bring back the training sessions.

• Love 2