Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think the difference here is that Megan doesn't ONLY consult with psychics. She does it sometimes, but she also draws her own conclusions about things. 

The way Lydia talked about the Bible and trans people, she isn't sure what to think unless the Bible tells her. THAT'S the difference. 

I agree Meghan likely thinks for herself most of the time.

What Lydia was verbalizing, is that drag queens were a grey area for her, as well as the sexually suggestive talk of that evening and she is unsure of her feelings because it's not clear in the Bible.  Guess what, the Bible is not clear and is subject to interpretation on many items.  As a result, she's not sure how she feels, but that doesn't preclude her from using her brain to decide if it's okay for her.  Saying that was her being honest.  That doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't try to think about it beyond what she stated in that segment.  That's Meghan making an assumption about Lydia, just like hypocritical Lydia makes lots of assumptions herself.  She assumes lots of things about Shannon/Vicki/Tamra/Meghan.  She also interrupts and shuts people off often.  She's quick to judge many situations...but wasn't that also her Bravo role?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

I don't know that I feel sorry for David, but I don't think it was just him.  The two together just didn't work.  50-50, IMO, and both tried in their own ways to keep it together.  David just got to the "cry uncle" point way sooner than Shannon. 

Does anyone but me wonder if the biggest problem is that Shannon isn't into men? She always got so awkward and skittish when David was around-- and it didn't bother her to sleep in a different bed. David is a good looking guy too. Maybe I'm just a horn monster, but I love cuddling and touching my husband, even when I'm mad at him, I still fight the urge to give him big hugs. He's pretty hot though, I must say. :) In any case, Shannon doesn't seem totally into men... or has anyone else thought that?

• Love 2

KFB Sneak Peak Exclusive Tea for Reunion Part 2

Lydia enjoyed Drag Bingo even less when she got home. Doug chased her around the house and called her Charlie in the bedroom. Lydia knows she is very uncomfortable about this, but couldn't find anything in the Bible about the subject.

6 OC cow patties reaction:

giphy.gif

• Love 8
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Lydia has one brother, the pedophile who attended her son's birthday. She also has a mother who is a stoner. But Lydia is fine having both law breakers (I believe her mother has been a stoner for years, and of course a pedophile is the lowest of the low)  around her children. But she rolls her eyes at David buying his daughter a BMW. Glass houses and all that, Lydiot. 

And as someone else has pointed out, a BMW for a 16 year old in OC would hardly be unusual. Likely more usual that a husband buying his wife two cars at once, as Douggie did for Lydia. Or at least that is what we were supposed to believe. Because nothing says "Christian" like bragging about one's (again, supposed) wealth. 

Lydia has more than one brother. Jesse, who has appeared on the show, is not the sex offender. That is Geoffrey Shyam Stirling. 

ETA photographic documentation

image.jpeg

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Lydia has more than one brother. Jesse, who has appeared on the show, is not the sex offender. That is Geoffrey Shyam Stirling. 

ETA photographic documentation

image.jpeg

Ah, I thought he was the brother who was on the show. (I will admit that I didn't pay attention to his name so assumed it was Geoffrey). The only brother/son who shows up when you google Lydia or her parents is Geoffrey. Odd. So I wonder, does Lydia have anything to do with her sex offender bro? 

• Love 3

WalnutQueen I won' be able to sleep tonight until you finish this sentence: "Get off the roundabout - THEN stick your dick in some strange."

(Is it weird that "pudding" is the first thing that popped into my head?)

• Love 3

Who has their husband complete a visectomy and then unfreezes their sperm??? 

A woman who wants a girl by eliminating all chances of having another boy.  

I wonder how she can reconcile her Bible-based Christianity with IVF.  IVF clinics automatically destroy any embryos (i.e., unborn babies to the pro-life community) that are genetically defective--which, it would appear, to be considered abortion.  (Although many pro-lifers think that IVF should be exempt from any discussions of life begins at conception.) 

You might be SooL. I don't think Bravo ever replays eps.

Surely you jest!  The episode will be repeated twice this Wednesday, it's on the cable On Demand channel and at bravo.com eventually.

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Shannon said recently she is looking for investors for her restaurant as her husband has pulled out financial support.  

A restaurant is nothing but stress and a money pit and the absolute last thing she needs. She'll be out late a lot and sorry not sorry drinking more not less. Shannon should rock the alimony and family money get a part time with the cotillion people and find a rich nice guy through those channels and be comfortable and happy. 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

A restaurant is nothing but stress and a money pit and the absolute last thing she needs. She'll be out late a lot and sorry not sorry drinking more not less. Shannon should rock the alimony and family money get a part time with the cotillion people and find a rich nice guy through those channels and be comfortable and happy. 

She could apply to work at a restaurant  to get a feel of how much work is involved. Who knows, she might really be into it. Her girls are closed to College and she needs a new purpose in her life, imo.

if I were her, I would pick up a lunch shift at a chichi country club and look for Mr  Shannon two.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Lydia and her husband can thank her Daddy & Grandpa for everything they own.  

I don't think the Beador girls are in any danger of becoming the Curtain girls.  They seem to be very well rounded sweet kids.  

Based on Shannon's daughter's driving habits, I would not recommend a new BMW X3.

22 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

She could apply to work at a restaurant  to get a feel of how much work is involved. Who knows, she might really be into it. Her girls are closed to College and she needs a new purpose in her life, imo.

if I were her, I would pick up a lunch shift at a chichi country club and look for Mr  Shannon two.

Working at a restaurant would be an excellent idea!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Does anyone but me wonder if the biggest problem is that Shannon isn't into men? She always got so awkward and skittish when David was around-- and it didn't bother her to sleep in a different bed. David is a good looking guy too. Maybe I'm just a horn monster, but I love cuddling and touching my husband, even when I'm mad at him, I still fight the urge to give him big hugs. He's pretty hot though, I must say. :) In any case, Shannon doesn't seem totally into men... or has anyone else thought that?

Me thinks you are on to something.  Hard to know for sure, but it could be Shannon is uncomfortable with physical intimacy.  Or at least with David.

And, good on you with your husband!  "Jelly" as Kelly would say.

5 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Lydia isn't a woman's woman, she just isn't. Oh sure she is there with a handy dandy whip it out prayer, as needed ,  but that's it. I think she's a frustrated woman, being with her no balls husband, is like being with a girlfriend without the fun..To me, Lydia is to phoney as Peggy is to bitch

I dont feel sorry for David, and buying his 16 year old daughter a BMW, so out of touch, he's an idiot! 

Me thinks you are on to something too regarding Lydia.  (David + BMW for teen daughter= Idiot is a given).   I can see Lydia wanting to be more playful in life but not really knowing how to do it for various reasons.  

• Love 1
On 11/20/2017 at 8:55 PM, sasha206 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Shannon looks the best out of the reunion?  Tamra's face lift didn't do her any favors.  I hope that she's going back to the shorter hair she sported during WWHL a while ago.  She looked much prettier; not sure whether this was filmed before or after that appearance.  Kelly's fillers need to calm down; one side of her face looks different than the others.

Lydia is just unattractive; her face is aging rapidly and looks even worse.

I wish they would all ditch the false eyelashes. They look ridiculous.

LIMOM, I agree. I wouldn't be surprised to learn David is already involved with another woman. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 5

I think Shannon is more physical when she is happy with her body( as she was when they were in Hawaii)...I went through a phase where I hated my body..thank goodness I had a husband that understand, and stood by me. David seems the type that is having a mid life crisis, we'll see, but the grass is always greener etc,.I just hope when he feels alone, and he might, Shannon has moved on..

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Hockey Addict said:

Gretchen, if I remember right, said that Kelly's family dispwned her? And there was one site saying she hadn't spoken to her mom/brother since the announcement she filed. I think Kelly has mentally been out a long time ago and the title of mom really doesnt mean much to her IMO.

This is really interesting. It makes more sense to me why Kelly was so hell-bent on getting her mom out of the house and dating again. Kelly ain't gonna have the cash to support her mother in the lifestyle that she's become accustomed to. Michael won't be forced to pay senior support for her mother. Maybe that's why Kelly got so emotional at the senior center. It may be more about her mother getting her own life and not depending on Kelly. I could buy that Jeri Blank would be disowning her daughter to keep in the good graces of gravy train Michael. Heh, maybe the apple will prove to not fall far from the tree in regards to mothering Jolie.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

If I were Shannon's therapist, I'd tell her that going to dinner w/David every week is not healthy for her in terms of getting over him. She should drop the kids off and have them go to dinner w/Dad and then pick them up, w/o interacting w/David at all for at least a few months. 

She needs to go no-contact in order to get over him. 

I agree and I also don't think it is healthy for the girls as well to have both parents getting together every Sunday. Holidays and school events sure.  But it's too confusing for all.

Then again, their girls having to be on a show where their dad's affair was a big storyline is way worse.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

The bad makeup on the ladies at the reunion, is not unique for Orange County. It happens across the franchise. I’m blaming the makeup artists hired – especially for all of these shows that have been on for more than a year, each year the show is on they can “afford” better makeup artists. The main issue was the foundation. A professional makeup artist, knows that you use different types of base depending on the event and lighting. What was used on these ladies was foundation fit for a photo shoot. Heavy matte foundation is used in photo shoots because of the bright lighting, the foundation absorbs the light and the finished photo has the model looking clean and smooth.

If any of you get a chance, look at Tamra’s eyebrows. It is a horrible color and whoever stenciled them did a bad job.

It was like watching seven cow patties baking in the sun.

7 hours ago, WordsWordsWords said:

One: The makeup artists must hate these women (or not know what they're doing) because the makeup on everyone (with the possible exception of Shannon) was horrible. These are not, for the most part, physically ugly women. The hair and makeup (especially the makeup) did nobody any favours.

So you guys are saying the reunion isn't the best advertisement for Priv (which I assume they used since it's become ubiquitous on the HWs). 

6 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Lydia has one brother, the pedophile who attended her son's birthday. She also has a mother who is a stoner. But Lydia is fine having both law breakers (I believe her mother has been a stoner for years, and of course a pedophile is the lowest of the low)  around her children. But she rolls her eyes at David buying his daughter a BMW. Glass houses and all that, Lydiot. 

And as someone else has pointed out, a BMW for a 16 year old in OC would hardly be unusual. Likely more usual that a husband buying his wife two cars at once, as Douggie did for Lydia. Or at least that is what we were supposed to believe. Because nothing says "Christian" like bragging about one's (again, supposed) wealth. 

4 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Ah, I thought he was the brother who was on the show. (I will admit that I didn't pay attention to his name so assumed it was Geoffrey). The only brother/son who shows up when you google Lydia or her parents is Geoffrey. Odd. So I wonder, does Lydia have anything to do with her sex offender bro? 

Geoff's mugshot was posted above.  Here's the details on the arrest http://archive.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20120301man-accused-offering-girl-money-photos-abrk.html

Jesse with Lydia and Judy

I scrolled back through Jesse's IG a bit.  There's lots of pictures of him with his wife, Lydia, NoBalls Doug, Judy, their dad, and the various kids.  I only went back about a year, but I found a couple pics with pedo brother.  I don't have it in me to go through Lydia's IG.

I assume this is Geoff, Jesse, and Lydia since it was posted for siblings day.  Jesse is 8 years older than Geoff and 10 years older than Lydia, so he'd be the big one.

Jesse and Geoff

Is this Geoff w/Lydia and her kids and dad?  I think it is, but I'm terrible at identifying faces and might be wrong.

• Love 6

I haven't read all the posts, but I don't understand why David gets so much hate on here. Obviously, cheating on someone isn't cool, but probably 90% of the behavior we've seen by Shannon toward him since day 1 of her tenure on this series hasn't been cool either. We don't know what led up to the affair, since we've rarely gotten his side of things, but it's been clear neither of them has been happy the entire time they've been on the show. If David's only been happy two months, why isn't he allowed to express that honestly? Why are David's feelings any less valid than Shannon's? He has to suppress his truth, even in private, while Shannon's allowed to vent hers to foghorn Vicki, her daughters, her mother, that doctor she discussed David's libido with, and the rest of America?

If you tell someone you're not happy in the relationship, as David has done many, many times, through word, deed, and body language, and you're informed that "divorce is not an option," what more do people expect of him that he hasn't tried? From what we've seen he's gone to therapy for her; put up with her lemons, buried crystals, hospital air, budgetless and possibly somewhat anal-retentive Christmas decorating rituals, and actual anal retention and required retrieval of wayward home colonic apparatus; bought her lavish gifts; planned a surprise second wedding and honeymoon; defended her against Terry during Lizzy's party, and against Vicki during the 70s party; and tried to comfort her by telling her he didn't care about the allegations Vicki made. But ultimately, if the passion's gone, it's gone. And she couldn't even muster up the support this season to go watch him run an event he trained hard to accomplish.

Now if he were an abuser, certainly negativity would be justified. But Shannon, the only known witness to both alleged events, has steadfastly denied that, and Vicki's evidence has never materialized. Shannon could be lying, but without proof, there's really no way for an uninvolved party to know for sure.

I really like Shannon, but I don't think I would have stuck around for another two years with someone who snapped at, insulted, berated, and condescended to me the way she has to David. She really doesn't seem to actually like him that much, which is understandable, given how he's hurt her, but then how can you really blame him for not wanting to stick around for a lifetime of that? (A lifetime of potato shaming! It's funny, because poor people tend to argue about money and the problems that arise from that, but seemingly, because they don't have to argue about money, their disagreements fascinatingly revolve around food: David not bringing enough wine for that first dinner party they threw and something about the service or side dish Shannon wasn't happy about, I think; David eating chips before dinner; David taking her to a sports bar for her birthday; Midwestern David and his potatoes; David not praising her quinoa; David drinking tequila in Mexico, and I think there was something she wasn't happy about him drinking during that party in her first season where she got in the charity fight with Megan; Shannon wanting to open a restaurant; David possibly learning to weaponize his chip eating with his silent, passive-aggressive crunching; then, has the dog been eating, etc., etc . . . Like Heather with the onion rings -- is this how rich women wield their power? And externally, Shannon actually throwing food across the table during her spat with Kelly, and trying to control the content of the drinks being served in Ireland. Can we have Top Chef Food Fight: Shannon and David, please? Even now, Shannon says the one thing they've decided to get together for is Sunday dinner.)

Back to the point, maybe he's had to fake a lot of stuff for a long time with her, and hold his tongue out of guilt over the affair and not wanting to set her off, and now that he's on the way out the door, he wants to be honest. If so, I think that's a healthy thing. If I've been living in a world of fantasy, and you've only been happy for two months of our lives together, YEAH I want to know -- so I'll know what to look out for with the next guy.

Truth can hurt, but it helps you grow. And Shannon has such great potential to grow into an amazingly evolved being. I think she's much closer to it than most of the women on these Housewives shows, who are way too bogged down in materialism.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Lady Writer said:

I haven't read all the posts, but I don't understand why David gets so much hate on here. Obviously, cheating on someone isn't cool, but probably 90% of the behavior we've seen by Shannon toward him since day 1 of her tenure on this series hasn't been cool either. We don't know what led up to the affair, since we've rarely gotten his side of things, but it's been clear neither of them has been happy the entire time they've been on the show. If David's only been happy two months, why isn't he allowed to express that honestly? Why are David's feelings any less valid than Shannon's? He has to suppress his truth, even in private, while Shannon's allowed to vent hers to foghorn Vicki, her daughters, her mother, that doctor she discussed David's libido with, and the rest of America?

If you tell someone you're not happy in the relationship, as David has done many, many times, through word, deed, and body language, and you're informed that "divorce is not an option," what more do people expect of him that he hasn't tried? From what we've seen he's gone to therapy for her; put up with her lemons, buried crystals, hospital air, budgetless and possibly somewhat anal-retentive Christmas decorating rituals, and actual anal retention and required retrieval of wayward home colonic apparatus; bought her lavish gifts; planned a surprise second wedding and honeymoon; defended her against Terry during Lizzy's party, and against Vicki during the 70s party; and tried to comfort her by telling her he didn't care about the allegations Vicki made. But ultimately, if the passion's gone, it's gone. And she couldn't even muster up the support this season to go watch him run an event he trained hard to accomplish.

Now if he were an abuser, certainly negativity would be justified. But Shannon, the only known witness to both alleged events, has steadfastly denied that, and Vicki's evidence has never materialized. Shannon could be lying, but without proof, there's really no way for an uninvolved party to know for sure.

I really like Shannon, but I don't think I would have stuck around for another two years with someone who snapped at, insulted, berated, and condescended to me the way she has to David. She really doesn't seem to actually like him that much, which is understandable, given how he's hurt her, but then how can you really blame him for not wanting to stick around for a lifetime of that? 

Back to the point, maybe he's had to fake a lot of stuff for a long time with her, and hold his tongue out of guilt over the affair and not wanting to set her off, and now that he's on the way out the door, he wants to be honest. If so, I think that's a healthy thing. If I've been living in a world of fantasy, and you've only been happy for two months of our lives together, YEAH I want to know -- so I'll know what to look out for with the next guy.

Truth can hurt, but it helps you grow. And Shannon has such great potential to grow into an amazingly evolved being. I think she's much closer to it than most of the women on these Housewives shows, who are way too bogged down in materialism.

Brava, brava, bravissima!

This is the most astute and balanced deconstruction I think I've ever read on these boards concerning the Beador marriage. I especially appreciate the bolded; it's an insightful point, particularly since Shannon has vaunted the principle of absolute, abject honesty above all else as her justification for some of her own conduct on the show. Shouldn't that ethos allow for David to provide his unvarnished perspective on their history together? 

It's this fatal flaw that makes me seriously doubt Shannon will find wealthy husband number two as posited upthread - or, really, another lasting relationship at all. She has a fundamental inability to process what others communicate to her - sometimes a person will say a and she'll parrot back q. At times, she even just articulated flat-out fabrications/delusions this season, like at the psychic dinner when she howled at Meghan and Tamra "no one defended me! no one stuck up for me and it was me versus Peggy!" as well as "oh, because I did all the talking, that's what you're saying, right?" All of her failures at listening comprehension seem designed to allow her to reinforce a personal narrative in which she is put upon, betrayed, unappreciated, taken for granted, and further victimized in different capacities. 

You have a much more generous take on her overall than I do, though. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lady Writer said:

And she couldn't even muster up the support this season to go watch him run an event he trained hard to accomplish.

From Shannon's blog for that episode:

I really wish that Lydia would stop forming opinions about me when she still doesn't know me. She met David for the first time at the Spartan Race. Yet she somehow thinks it's okay to insinuate that I don't support my husband? Tamra knew that I couldn't go to the race because the twins had a championship basketball game. When you are parents of three very active children, you oftentimes have to divide and conquer. David and Eddie typically go to all of the Spartan Races together and we stay home, but for this race I am an unsupportive wife...keep your comments to yourself for once, Lydia.

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Brava, brava, bravissima!

This is the most astute and balanced deconstruction I think I've ever read on these boards concerning the Beador marriage. I especially appreciate the bolded; it's an insightful point, particularly since Shannon has vaunted the principle of absolute, abject honesty above all else as her justification for some of her own conduct on the show. Shouldn't that ethos allow for David to provide his unvarnished perspective on their history together? 

Thank you very much, very generous. So we agree on the first parts of each other posts, but not the last parts! Shannon has her flaws, but you really think hers are greater than 99.9% of the women on these shows? Who do you think is less flawed than her? And the only franchises I currently watch are Potomac, Atlanta, OC, and NY, so I probably won't know anyone from any other show you might mention unless it's from the first season or two of a couple of the other franchises. Ashley from Potomac seems pretty cool to me, relatively, and Cynthia from Atlanta. There are probably maybe one or two more I could come up with.

20 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

From Shannon's blog for that episode:

Okay, thanks for posting this. I never read the blogs or anything. So perfectly understandable she didn't go if she had to support the kids.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, quaintirene said:

Thing is I feel sorry for...David.  Shannon is such hard work and always was.  And she gets that accusatory look on her face if David ever does anything wrong.  Like buy non-organic milk.  Everything is a drama with her.  I don't dislike her at all.  But I can imagine marriage to her was really exhausting and at some point he had to want--really badly--to get off the roundabout.

Surely he knew that when he married her, though! He knew she was neurotic and dramatic and over-reactive and sensitive. And he no doubt knew that when he decided to have kids with her. But yes, I completely agree that he found her exhausting. At the end of the day, I don't think Shannon or David are horrible people, they're just not a good match, personality/chemistry-wise. They're both better-suited for somebody else. 

• Love 8

Lydia doesn't know what to think about psychics because they are not in the bible, but she says her son is a baby prophet when he cries because he's worried about her dying in the Spartan race fire.  I guess prophets and psychics are different because of where their info comes from.  Not sure where I'm going with this.  Just thinking "out loud". 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Lady Writer said:

I think David might be minimizing the good years/times b/c he is now so over it and ready to check out. People do that, sometimes, they minimize the good when currently, all they know is how currently overwhelmed they are by the bad. 

he was told divorce wasn't an option, but we all know it is and always was! If he'd put his foot down and said, "no, shannon, this is it, we're done," Shannon would have had no choice but to accept that. It's not like she can force him to stay with her against his will. No, the real reason David made the choice to stay with Shannon bc the woman he was having an affair with dumped him and decided to go back to her husband. David enjoyed filming the show and did not want to be alone, so he decided to give their marriage another shot and work on it. 

I think what probably happened is they had a huge fight, Shannon maybe pushed him and he pushed back and then Shannon got dramatic and called the police, you know how people get sometimes. Regardless of what occurred that night, I think it's pretty clear to most people that this was an isolated incident, David is no Russell Armstrong or Ray Rice. 

I really like Shannon, but I don't think I would have stuck around for another two years with someone who snapped at, insulted, berated, and condescended to me the way she has to David. She really doesn't seem to actually like him that much, which is understandable, given how he's hurt her, but then how can you really blame him for not wanting to stick around for a lifetime of that? (A lifetime of potato shaming! It's funny, because poor people tend to argue about money and the problems that arise from that, but seemingly, because they don't have to argue about money, their disagreements fascinatingly revolve around food: David not bringing enough wine for that first dinner party they threw and something about the service or side dish Shannon wasn't happy about, I think; David eating chips before dinner; David taking her to a sports bar for her birthday; Midwestern David and his potatoes; David not praising her quinoa; David drinking tequila in Mexico, and I think there was something she wasn't happy about him drinking during that party in her first season where she got in the charity fight with Megan; Shannon wanting to open a restaurant; David possibly learning to weaponize his chip eating with his silent, passive-aggressive crunching; then, has the dog been eating, etc., etc . . . Like Heather with the onion rings -- is this how rich women wield their power? And externally, Shannon actually throwing food across the table during her spat with Kelly, and trying to control the content of the drinks being served in Ireland. Can we have Top Chef Food Fight: Shannon and David, please? Even now, Shannon says the one thing they've decided to get together for is Sunday dinner.) 

I think that maybe that's his truth right now, but like I said, I think he might be minimizing the good times bc right now, all he can think about is how much he wants out. He probably didn't wanna get into what changed (and maybe he, himself, doesn't really know, he doesn't strike me as someone whose overly in touch with his feelings), he just wanted out. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I can’t stand the creep and I hope that Shannon takes him to the cleaners.  

"From a dead sleep, David sat up in bed, screaming.

He'd been hearing footsteps behind him all day, from the gym to the cleaners.

"Shhhh!" Bret-Shannon climbed on top of David, who reached for a bag of full fat chips with his free hand to defend himself. 

Bret-Shan crushed the bag with one hand. " You think THAT can save you now? Think again, motherfucker." She tied his wrists with the bandanna and then hit play on her old cassette deck. The one her dad bought her the same day he put the gas pump up. Her best day ever, because dad had provided. Like Bret did, for her, when her soul needed freedom.

Music filled the room, as the smell of David's panic-sweat grew. "Alannis Morrisette?" he asked, confused and whimpering. "Why are you playing "Hand in My Pocket"? Why not Poison, or a Bret Michaels solo--"

"Shaddup." Bret-Shannon stood tall, not afraid to embrace the work of a nineties feminist emo-raging songstress from the capital of Canada to make a point about the freedom a woman finds dressed up like power rocker Bret Michaels. She was shaking the dust of a worthless man off her tender bare feet and the contradictory nature of the soundtrack she'd chosen was her own goddamn business. "I'm done, motherfucker. You have no power over me. Your sullen ways, your habitual withdrawal, your hostility and lack of humour, your inability to feel joy - anywhere, any time -- your "We had two good months" crap -- what made those months good, punkass? Spending my father's money, was that what made it good?  Cuz it sure as shit wasn't the sex".  David cried like a child -- he'd always fancied himself a ladies man, even though his mistress had routinely asked if he was "inside yet?" --  and Bret-Shannon watched his tears, with wonder; she had never made a bad man cry, and it felt good. 

"And one last thing, motherfucker." She stood, one leg out the window, her Harley right below, waiting for her. "Go eat dinner on Sunday with one of those spiritual pimps you call a girlfriend." He sobbed as she leapt out of the window, as easy as a jungle cat, onto her hog. She kickstarted her baby, knowing there was nothing but open road ahead -- for her girls,  and their mom, Bret-Shannon, bitch;  AKA, babe in total charge of herself."

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14

I think what probably happened is they had a huge fight, Shannon maybe pushed him and he pushed back and then Shannon got dramatic and called the police, you know how people get sometimes. 

I think (in the wake of this divorce, with less need to defend that man) we might find out Shannon was covering up for him.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I've never found David attractive, but I just can't get over that voice and that hair.  Adding in the fact he lacks a personality, gaslights his wife, cheats on her and humiliates her in the community, and the way he gave his wedding band to Sophie . . . . he's revolting.  

Yep - that about covers it.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I think David might be minimizing the good years/times b/c he is now so over it and ready to check out. People do that, sometimes, they minimize the good when currently, all they know is how currently overwhelmed they are by the bad. 

I think that maybe that's his truth right now, but like I said, I think he might be minimizing the good times bc right now, all he can think about is how much he wants out. He probably didn't wanna get into what changed (and maybe he, himself, doesn't really know, he doesn't strike me as someone whose overly in touch with his feelings), he just wanted out. 

He does not need to verbalize his truth. She is the mother of his children after all.

what a selfish immature cowardly idiotic man.

I also think that he does not have the courage to end it because he does not want to be alone either.

An asshole ex of a girlfriend of mine proclaimed after his divorce that he had never been happier in his life. He took all I had to refrain from slapping him.

This was after three children and a twenty plus years marriage also.

people like that lack the empathy gene imo. Are they thinking of their ex and their kids?

• Love 14
16 hours ago, lunastartron said:

It is ironic that Meghan is telling others "why don't you think for yourself" when she is basing her attacks against Lydia on events and offenses that never even happened (like Lydia supposedly treating gay people and psychics less than "equally"). I guess "thinking for yourself" is a euphemism from Meghan for just blatantly making stuff up. 

The Bible, like other religious texts, influences ideas about what constitutes "doing the right thing" on a big picture level. It's not like "the right thing" is an innate and unchanging concept. Values aren't even the same across cultures in terms of east vs west because historical influences including, yes, prevailing religious writings are different. 

I didn't interpret Meghan's point as that of Lydia not treating gay and psychics as equals. I saw Meghan's main point as being that while Lydia may not be comfortable with their lifestyles or unsure of what to think of them because the Bible doesn't explain it to her, they are still humans beyond who they love or what they do for a living, etc. Instead of Lydia being uncomfortable with what they are, focus on getting to know who they are. I can understand Lydia feeling uncomfortable at the event because of the unfiltered speech that may have been going on, but let's be real, Lydia was uncomfortable before she even stepped foot in that place and listened to everyone talking. I don't think Lydia is homophobic but I do think that Lydia tried to tow the fence of being honest about her feelings but she was mindful of not wanting to come across as  homophobic and in the end I think she did a poor job of explaining herself. Also, Lydia uses the Bible as her crutch to explain away her behaviour or thoughts - often times because she's not an eloquent speaker - when she's called out (though ironically she never mentions the Bible when she's engaging in very un-Christian like behaviour). I felt that's where Meghan's comments about 'not thinking for yourself' comes from. This could certainly be a matter of interpretations - only Meghan knows for sure what she meant by her comments but Lydia sure did get defensive real quick.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

He does not need to verbalize his truth. She is the mother of his children after all.

what a selfish immature cowardly idiotic man.

I also think that he does not have the courage to end it because he does not want to be alone either.

An asshole ex of a girlfriend of mine proclaimed after his divorce that he had never been happier in his life. He took all I had to refrain from slapping him.

This was after three children and a twenty plus years marriage also.

people like that lack the empathy gene imo. Are they thinking of their ex and their kids?

This!

My perspective...I'm watching a show named housewives.  I am not concerned with the feelings/siding with the husbands.  I'm still annoyed we were subjected to talking heads with Slade.  He was a boyfriend of 2 women, not even a spouse!  On occasion, it's nice to hear their POV about a particular situation but I really don't like it when they are too involved.

While I don't always like or agree with the housewife, I'm watching and looking for the woman's narrative and version of what we are seeing.  Perhaps if I was a divorce attorney, I would give a damn what they think, but I don't!  

We might not be getting David's side of the story, but David is not the focus of this show, Shannon is the one signed up and it's her story.  Same with Vicki, Tamra, now Kelly and Shannon.  

While we don't see everything, it's clear from David's demeanor that he's no Mr. Right.

• Love 13

I haven't read all the posts yet, so forgive me if this has been addressed. But every time I see Lydia and her fake "Christian" values I am reminded of Soggy Flicker on RHONJ and her claiming to be an relationship expert who empowers women.. Total hypocrites, both of them. I haven't read the whole Bible,apparently Lydia has, but I doubt it says that it's a good thing to attack people verbally, name call and be a judgmental shit stirrer. Or have a cut off your husband's balls party, and then announce you're going to do IVF so you can get that girl you want. If God wanted you to have a girl, wouldn't he have sent you one Lydia? As a child I was sent to a christian sunday school where they taught that going to the movies, playing cards and dancing were a no no because Jesus didn't do that. That always confused me because they didn't have movies obviously and how did they know whether Jesus ever danced? But I digress.  My point being that you can have a strong religious belief, but hiding behind it is a cop out, and Christianity teaches to be kind and forgiving. Not to single out the most fragile person on your fucking reality show and make gaslighting her your storyline, because you have nothing else going for you but an elitist vanity magazine that will be out of business tout suite. These are the worse kind of people. Doing evil and then fake praying to show how righteous you are. 

• Love 22

I think David has the right to be honest but there is being honest and stabbing someone in the back as he did with the "we've had 3 happy months". He did that to be mean and that's so unnecessary. Just say I'm not happy and we can't fix this and move on. No need to add layers of insult to the already damaged relationship. He just comes off as spiteful and wants Shannon to suffer as he knows the results of his comments during his marriage.

Not that Shannon is innocent, after all it takes two people to really mess up a relationship. Unless one of those people is Damien. Or my father. Oh maybe I'm the daughter of the devil hm.

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Lady Writer said:

I think David likely had affairs throughout their marriage and her snapping at him was the direct result of that.  I don't believe she just found out about an affair two years ago.  Also, someone telling you "Divorce is not an option" doesn't mean it isn't.  He wasn't happy yet he went through the farce of a vow renewal.  I think it was to rehab his reputation having the affair be public.  Now he can say, "Hey kids, hey viewing audience, I tried, but still unhappy."  I also feel like he sort of gaslighted her too.  "Look girls how crazy as fuck your mom is; I tired.  Now I'm going to divorce her."

I don't hate him for having the affair but I think he should've ended it right then and there.  He wasn't happy, he knew he wouldn't be happy.  Instead, he allowed her to think his marriage was really important to him despite it all and went on with the silly vow renewal.  

To tell someone you've finally ended a relationship with that you've only had a few good months is unnecessarily cruel.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 21

All I need to know is David gave his wedding band to his daughter to give to her mother.  He is a coward and that act alone could be considered emotional abuse.  Why not mail the ring to Shannon and keep his daughter out of it?  Manipulative SOB.

He strikes me as that man who continuously tries to keep simmering anger from exploding.  His no-affect demeanor is aided by Klonopin or something similar IMO only.

I agree with another poster above that Shannon may have been covering for him.  She will have full physical custody and be with the girls for Sunday dinners with their dad.  Interesting.  Good luck to Shannon and her daughters!

• Love 21

I found this season boring.  Not that I want bigger fights and meaner gossip... but how about a little fun?  They never seem to attain the kind of boisterous and drunken merry times the bickering Real Housewives of New York seem to manage. It's like this lot don't even know each other as friends and only thrown together as a cast for the show.  Shannon's marriage is over and none of them knew?  How close are they all supposed to be?

I think TPTB should start afresh with a new bunch of Orange County housewives.  Stick a fork in this group - they're done IMO.  

Also - way too much eye glitter at the reunion.  That stuff stings when you're trying to eke out a tear.  

• Love 4
12 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I agree and I also don't think it is healthy for the girls as well to have both parents getting together every Sunday. Holidays and school events sure.  But it's too confusing for all.

I think if they sat down with their children and lovingly and patiently explained that those USC tickets are the epitome of success--they LOVE their seats more than any others...that mommy and daddy refuse (oh so gently) to divde them and therefore, the entire family will be attending every game and sitting together.  They will be reminded that photographers may be around so they WILL appear happy.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, SoCal4Us said:

All I need to know is David gave his wedding band to his daughter to give to her mother.  He is a coward and that act alone could be considered emotional abuse.  Why not mail the ring to Shannon and keep his daughter out of it?  Manipulative SOB.

He strikes me as that man who continuously tries to keep simmering anger from exploding.  His no-affect demeanor is aided by Klonopin or something similar IMO only.

I agree with another poster above that Shannon may have been covering for him.  She will have full physical custody and be with the girls for Sunday dinners with their dad.  Interesting.  Good luck to Shannon and her daughters!

IKR?!  Who the f*** does that?!  I would imagine Simon or Don or any man that divorced would take it off and throw it away, shove it in a drawer.  Why would you give it to your child?!

Remember how Heather was not nice to Shannon and she/Terry seemed angry even talking to Shannon in their first season?  Supposedly she knew the other woman through mutual friends?  Makes me wonder what else they knew...do you think they knew other things about David/other women?  Just maybe Nicole was the last of many of the years.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I think if they sat down with their children and lovingly and patiently explained that those USC tickets are the epitome of success--they LOVE their seats more than any others...that mommy and daddy refuse (oh so gently) to divde them and therefore, the entire family will be attending every game and sitting together.  They will be reminded that photographers may be around so they WILL appear happy.

I don't think they are doing their kids any favors by having Sunday dinner together and attending football games as a family. I'm in my living room and I could feel the animosity between them through my TV. I cannot imagine what it's like in person. Wait til David starts publically dating (cuz you know it's been happening in private for a LONG time). Shannon will lose her shit. They need to alternate the Sunday dinners and divide the USC tickets. Most D1 colleges have 6 home games. Each one of them should take 3 and bring a guest. Such BS to put their kids through that every weekend. 

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

Yes. While very important to not say crap about David in front of her children (that includes what she says on camera on RHOC & WWHL), she needs to distance herself from him.  

I think Shannon has demonstrated exactly how interested she is keeping the intimate details of her marriage private and the dirty laundry away from her children. I mean, she even had an ON CAMERA discussion with her children about what a shrew their grandmother is. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I found this season boring.  Not that I want bigger fights and meaner gossip... but how about a little fun?  They never seem to attain the kind of boisterous and drunken merry times the bickering Real Housewives of New York seem to manage. It's like this lot don't even know each other as friends and only thrown together as a cast for the show.  Shannon's marriage is over and none of them knew?  How close are they all supposed to be?

I think TPTB should start afresh with a new bunch of Orange County housewives.  Stick a fork in this group - they're done IMO.  

Also - way too much eye glitter at the reunion.  That stuff stings when you're trying to eke out a tear.  

Aside from Tamra and Shannon, I don't think any of the women are at all close. I think they're varying levels of occasionally hang out and/or keep in touch when the cameras aren't around. Not all friendships are dictated by how often you speak or hang out with someone but for most of these women, these are 'friendships' mostly for the sake of event invites. Meghan and Shannon are the only two women on the cast that don't seem like flip flopper friends so I'm willing to believe their characterizations of friendships...but the others I would more or less guess the others are more fair weathered.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

I don't think they are doing their kids any favors by having Sunday dinner together and attending football games as a family. I'm in my living room and I could feel the animosity between them through my TV. I cannot imagine what it's like in person. Wait til David starts publically dating (cuz you know it's been happening in private for a LONG time). Shannon will lose her shit. They need to alternate the Sunday dinners and divide the USC tickets. Most D1 colleges have 6 home games. Each one of them should take 3 and bring a guest. Such BS to put their kids through that every weekend. 

The tension and discomfort that we saw on TV was usually provoked by something Shannon would say (and that's really by default of the fact that David is a very quiet, stoic guy that didn't really pay attention to Shannon unless she put in a position where he couldn't ignore her). Most of their tension came from Shannon pointing out how checked out David was and how he didn't seem to be making an effort at all in rebuilding their marriage. Now that David has made the decision for the both of them, I'm hoping that it will give Shannon some peace of mind in knowing that she deserves to invest her energy into someone who wants her and that aside from dealing with issues related to their children, there's no need for her to poke at him to get a reaction or to get his attention. If she takes that attitude then I think the two of them can survive these co-parenting activities without additional trauma to their children. But that said, I think their kids do seem like well adjusted girls and their eldest is old enough to be perceptive and speak on it. It's one thing to bear the tension with your parents when you know they're trying to work on their marriage. But if Shannon and David are not managing being around each other in a healthy way, I hope that one of their kids will bring attention to that fact and suggest that since they are no longer together, they don't always need to be present together at every event.

• Love 3

Lydiot Lydiot Lydiot. Your hair and makeup as usual just exemplified your bug eyed exophthalmic eyes, and jutting malnourished jaw full of massive teeth. Please I beg of you, take your judgmental as* off of my television, take Fire Marshall Bill with you; your not all sunshine and light. In fact your a trust fund baby with nothing nice to say about anyone.

I think you all are misunderstanding Peggy's look. In Armenia when accused of having dead fried hair, Armenians just poof said hair into a she-hawk and fly away from the naysayers. It's Armenian!

Who here was surprised to see WET TEARS coming out of Tamara's eyes? After years of the fake cry, she mustered up a few tears for the famed reunion.  What happened to her Jesus loving trainer by the way.    And Ryan's wife has a new BF? Doesn't she get that the check goes out the door now, and she doesn't get to fame whore herself onto the credits anymore? And Ryan will only be paying CS on one kid woman.

I felt for Shannon. It's very obvious she adored David, no matter what kind of douche he obviously is/was to everyone watching.  I look forward to single Shannon letting her hair down and feeling loved for once. She deserves that, and didn't deserve the nasty bug a boo she married. Take him for every cent Shannon, and no shared custody for Archie!

• Love 12
20 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Yes, Shannon is a bit eccentric and imho has to take a break from the grey goose but that comment about only having a couple of happy months with her?

he is a deranged motherfucker and it is obvious that he delights into tormenting Shannon. I can’t stand the creep and I hope that Shannon takes him to the cleaners.  And then gets her groove back on!!!!

When he screwed around on her it was with someone in their USC football group. Pussy didn't have her back when his wretched mother was stirring up shit at the girls concert. Their wouldn't be any Sunday dinner with that punkass dullard.

• Love 9

Shannon was looking much better at the reunion. Going to the gym agrees with her.  Now that she's moving on from David, I'm hoping her jovial happy self will be seen more. I can't imagine the chaos that will likely ensue as she and Kelly hit the dating circuit. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I think if they sat down with their children and lovingly and patiently explained that those USC tickets are the epitome of success--they LOVE their seats more than any others...that mommy and daddy refuse (oh so gently) to divide them and therefore, the entire family will be attending every game and sitting together.  They will be reminded that photographers may be around so they WILL appear happy.

Apparently my little scenario was taken seriously.   

Edited by Former Nun
typpppppppo.
  • Love 1