Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

OK this is mean.  And it increasingly sounds like I don't like Shannon whereas actually I don't mind her at all.  (On TV.  I would mind her like hell IRL.  She would work my last nerve within nanoseconds.). But that black dress really did nothing for her.  And it was made worse by the fact she couldn't keep her stomach in.  Shannon, core work-outs are your friend!  Especially at this time of life.  Let that stuff hang out and you'll end up like those older women you see whose paunch hangs out over the elasticated band of their pants.  Also your back will be very grateful.

• Love 1

Andy was fucking with Peggy when he said her hair looked good, right? Because going from pure fried ass to greasy gorilla is hardly an improvement.

I am, by no means, an expert on The Bible. Is there mention of vasectomies?

I believe it's mentioned between the passages on getting non-God made products inserted into your breasts, and the virtues of fairy dust.

I thought Shannon said she and David had a couple of good years after the affair (which would've been about four years ago)? Anyway, Shannon remains one of my all-time fave HWs, and I hope she finds what she needs to be her happiest. Is Bret Michaels single?

• Love 22
9 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I didn't interpret Meghan's point as that of Lydia not treating gay and psychics as equals. I saw Meghan's main point as being that while Lydia may not be comfortable with their lifestyles or unsure of what to think of them because the Bible doesn't explain it to her, they are still humans beyond who they love or what they do for a living, etc. Instead of Lydia being uncomfortable with what they are, focus on getting to know who they are. I can understand Lydia feeling uncomfortable at the event because of the unfiltered speech that may have been going on, but let's be real, Lydia was uncomfortable before she even stepped foot in that place and listened to everyone talking. I don't think Lydia is homophobic but I do think that Lydia tried to tow the fence of being honest about her feelings but she was mindful of not wanting to come across as  homophobic and in the end I think she did a poor job of explaining herself. Also, Lydia uses the Bible as her crutch to explain away her behaviour or thoughts - often times because she's not an eloquent speaker - when she's called out (though ironically she never mentions the Bible when she's engaging in very un-Christian like behaviour). I felt that's where Meghan's comments about 'not thinking for yourself' comes from. This could certainly be a matter of interpretations - only Meghan knows for sure what she meant by her comments but Lydia sure did get defensive real quick.

Meghan asserted "I just think everyone should be treated equally" during her salvo against Lydia. To me, there's no way to interpret that in context other than Meghan suggesting that Lydia, in fact, didn't treat the people in question equally. From my perspective, this conclusion is reinforced by Meghan currently peddling some yarn on social media about how Michaela was subjected to "mistreatment" by Peggy and Lydia because, thanks to her empathic abilities, she could "feel their disgust." 

Meghan has devolved into straight-up fiction at this point. 

As the bolded, well, yes, people get defensive whenever they're accused of "something they didn't do." Wasn't that, for instance, Shannon's partial explanation for her constant instability this year? 

Add in that the topic on which her coworkers are (IMO) very intentionally trying to misconstrue her views (as in propagating the idea that she said "ewwww" about sexual minorities) is one that could very well affect her relationship with her LGBTQ-friendly employer as well as her own personal business enterprises and I don't think defensiveness on Lydia's part is unreasonable.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

When he screwed around on her it was with someone in their USC football group. Pussy didn't have her back when his wretched mother was stirring up shit at the girls concert. Their wouldn't be any Sunday dinner with that punkass dullard.

He had an affair with a woman who attends USC alum games. This does not mean that she was part of their own "group." Statistically speaking, lots of affluent Orange County residents attended USC. Shannon made it seem as if Nicole was specifically making an effort to stalk them/go out of her way to sit by them at the events when Shannon publicly screamed at her (wonder if the girls were present then!). 

How did David not have her back with respect to his mother? He was present when his mom was disparaging Shannon; Tamra relayed that info to Shannon after his mom had departed. He then told the girls that, while Grandma had said something that she may believe to be true, she was incorrect and wrong to have said it. 

What was he supposed to do? Even Shannon said at the reunion that she acted unreasonably in that situation. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

He had an affair with a woman who attends USC alum games. This does not mean that she was part of their own "group." Statistically speaking, lots of affluent Orange County residents attended USC. Shannon made it seem as if Nicole was specifically making an effort to stalk them/go out of her way to sit by them at the events when Shannon publicly screamed at her (wonder if the girls were present then!). 

How did David not have her back with respect to his mother? He was present when his mom was disparaging Shannon; Tamra relayed that info to Shannon after his mom had departed. He then told the girls that, while Grandma had said something that she may believe to be true, she was incorrect and wrong to have said it. 

What was he supposed to do? Even Shannon said at the reunion that she acted unreasonably in that situation. 

I seem to recall the woman lived in the same neighborhood as well.

You can’t stop people from attending public events but in that situation, it seems wise to move seats, imo.

I am surprised that Nicole was able to salvage her marriage. I don’t know that many men who can move on from being cheated on.

• Love 5

Can someone clarify the comments that have been made here about David giving his wedding ring to his daughter to give to Shannon? As far as I know this didn't come up in the reunion show (or did I miss it?). Or was it on one of the after shows where Shannon was a guest (unfortunately I do not get those shows). Did he do this while he and Shannon were stilling living together? After they separated? How odd. And cruel. To both Shannon and his daughter.

In the pics of Lydia posted here, both in the one of her as a child and one taken with her mom and brother a couple of months ago, her eyes look perfectly normal. So why oh why does she go out of her way to wear that horrible eye makeup that makes her look like a real life waif doll? (Only one in an advanced stage of aging?). 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I agree and I also don't think it is healthy for the girls as well to have both parents getting together every Sunday. Holidays and school events sure.  But it's too confusing for all.

Then again, their girls having to be on a show where their dad's affair was a big storyline is way worse.

Shannon has always been this way - she gets these fixed ideas in her head of how things are "supposed" to be, what has to happen at all costs, and she puts stock in these symbolic gestures regardless of whether they're actually the best thing for anyone involved. I'm thinking here of how she repeatedly declared, "divorce is NOT an option!" during Season 10, like it was this foregone conclusion that precluded any notion of actually taking the time to get clear on whether the marriage was actually worth saving. And she was similarly preoccupied with the vow renewal. She constantly refers to it as "the best" her marriage ever was, so much so that the she felt grateful for the affair for getting them to that high point; In fact, she is still talking about it at the reunion - "Now I know what's it's like for someone to look at you lovingly..." Shannon seems to think in these huge, swinging extremes - and it always feels very emotionally immature to me. Almost like an adolescent idea of what it means to be in a fairytale romance or relationship. Like, the vow renewal meant everything to her. She was fixated on it. Just like she was fixated on not divorcing. She wanted that vow renewal honeymoon phase to last forever. She attaches so much self-created meaning to things, she clings to them with all of her might. She seems to have no sense of surrender. No sense of things ebbing and flowing. No sense of going with the flow. No sense of meeting life on life's terms. Anyhow, that is what the Sunday dinners feels like to me - "Our family will still have Sunday dinners! We've always done it! We're still a family unit!"

20 hours ago, Lady Writer said:

I haven't read all the posts, but I don't understand why David gets so much hate on here. Obviously, cheating on someone isn't cool, but probably 90% of the behavior we've seen by Shannon toward him since day 1 of her tenure on this series hasn't been cool either. We don't know what led up to the affair, since we've rarely gotten his side of things, but it's been clear neither of them has been happy the entire time they've been on the show. If David's only been happy two months, why isn't he allowed to express that honestly? Why are David's feelings any less valid than Shannon's? He has to suppress his truth, even in private, while Shannon's allowed to vent hers to foghorn Vicki, her daughters, her mother, that doctor she discussed David's libido with, and the rest of America?

I would add to this that we have no idea why David left Hawaii early - something which he is receiving criticism for after the reunion. Maybe they were fighting. Maybe it was as awkward as the quinoa bowl conversation. Maybe Shannon got "roofied" again and was beating down the door to get to him. We're only getting one side of the story here.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Can someone clarify the comments that have been made here about David giving his wedding ring to his daughter to give to Shannon? As far as I know this didn't come up in the reunion show (or did I miss it?). Or was it on one of the after shows where Shannon was a guest (unfortunately I do not get those shows). Did he do this while he and Shannon were stilling living together? After they separated? How odd. And cruel. To both Shannon and his daughter.

In the pics of Lydia posted here, both in the one of her as a child and one taken with her mom and brother a couple of months ago, her eyes look perfectly normal. So why oh why does she go out of her way to wear that horrible eye makeup that makes her look like a real life waif doll? (Only one in an advanced stage of aging?). 

Shannon made the assertion about the wedding ring during season ten in one of her confessionals. David had moved out of the home during the affair and, according to Shannon, gave Sophie the ring to return to Shannon one day. I don't recall if this was ever corroborated or not. David did apologize to the daughters that season for the affair in general because, I believe Shannon said, Sophie discovered her dad's extramarital activities while looking at his phone. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I think if they sat down with their children and lovingly and patiently explained that those USC tickets are the epitome of success--they LOVE their seats more than any others...that mommy and daddy refuse (oh so gently) to divde them and therefore, the entire family will be attending every game and sitting together.  They will be reminded that photographers may be around so they WILL appear happy.

Betty Broderick killed for similar tickets.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

I thought Shannon meant that she and David had a couple of good years AFTER the vow renewal, and he saw it as a couple of good months.

i don't disagree; I didn't take it as an indictment on their entire marriage.  I still thought it was unnecessary and cruel.

• Love 11

If Shannon was referring to post-vow renewal vis-a-vis "a couple of amazing years," then that's a rather troubling exaggeration. Wasn't the renewal in March 2016 (concurrent with her birthday)? 

The most recent season began filming in February 2017, at which point Shannon was rueing David's ingestion of chips in lieu of her quinoa bowls and lamenting how distant he'd become due to Vicki and his workouts. Pre-Iceland/May 2017, Shannon was sobbing, "this is the first time you've held my hand in six months." 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

If Shannon was referring to post-vow renewal vis-a-vis "a couple of amazing years," then that's a rather troubling exaggeration. Wasn't the renewal in March 2016 (concurrent with her birthday)? 

The most recent season began filming in February 2017, at which point Shannon was rueing David's ingestion of chips in lieu of her quinoa bowls and lamenting how distant he'd become due to Vicki and his workouts. Pre-Iceland/May 2017, Shannon was sobbing, "this is the first time you've held my hand in six months." 

Yes, Shannon's timeline is a little off but she was referring to when they separated, which occurred after the regular season filming ended and before the reunion was filmed, not when filming began for this season, so say 18 months instead of 12 months. 

• Love 4

I’m very curious as to how Lydia’s Bible group friends see her. Are they proud of her for ‘keeping her Christian values’ throughout the season by bringing up her faith and sanctamoniously praying all the time, or are they high giving her for her complete and total aggressive bitchiness toward Shannon? 

I picture her with a group of mean girls playing out high school mean girl fantasies. She always looks so proud of herself when she is mocking Shannon. I can see her gathering with her friends and telling them how awesome she was when she put Shannon in her place. Then her friends high five her and say things like ‘you GO girl!’

• Love 15
36 minutes ago, Hockey Addict said:

Please, please, please let menu thrower, Princess Armenia, OG, and Part Ayyyy the drunk be gone next season! Fat shaming, lip grabbing, mom shaming, ect DO NOT make a good show in the long run.

Yeah.  Especially Princess Armenia.  She try that lip-grabbing shit on me she'd be minus her fingers.  

• Love 10

For starters, I really dislike Meaghan's new hair color -- too gray looking.  I think the style is quite flattering, but that color, ugh!

Speaking of ugly, where'd they find that hideous carpet for the reunion set?  I've seen nicer ones at Goodwill.

No surprise that Tamra is operating on the lower scale of intellectual wattage.  I doubt she was any kind of a student before she dropped out in the 8th grade to give birth to Ryan.  She certainly has been kind to herself in her assessment of the job she's done as a mother.  If she'd ever done anything horrible to Sydney, I could understand but she's been nothing but a good mother.  Um, Tamra, if your kid won't speak to you for years on end, you've fucked up royally somewhere along the line.  Kids will usually defend their parents' bad behavior up to a point, so you obviously crossed the wrong boundaries.  But don't ever blame yourself -- it's always someone else's fault.  Sure, you're impulsive and did something she's been begging you for years not to do, but why should wonderful you have to take the consequences for that?  Perfect mother that you've been.

And Tamra, we know you never learned anything in school, but just so you know, your bladder is not in your vagina.  Vaginal rejuvenation does nothing to alter the weakness of your bladder control.  Just sayin'

Oh, please no!  A little baby Judy??  Perish the thought.  One is already too many.

All the sturm und drang over Shannon's marriage finally rolling over toes up -- old news.  I mean, sorry and all that, but not something people were wondering about anymore.  That's the way it is sometimes when you have to tape weeks in advance.

I have a feeling Lydia will be doing her pagent-y princess look until she's 90.  Vicki finally wore a decently fitting, age-appropriate dress this season.  That black number looked good on her.  Now if she could manage not to waddle when she walks.  Tamra needs to lose the sexpot look permanently.  I mean, she's too old to wear backless.  Regardless of her freshly lifted face, showing off the saggy flesh on her back isn't attractive.  Nobody wins over gravity, honey.  There's nothing wrong with dressing more conservatively in your middle age.  Stop fighting it.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 5

Just watching "reunion part 1" for the first time. 

I like to bring some superficiality here for a moment:

The UGLIEST fashion choices these women made. Except I liked Vicki's dress even though I can only see the top half. She typically doesn' wear pants...only dresses so I'm guessing it' a dress.

Andy looks like shit. It's either bad genetics or, too much hard partying and working too much. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow, beloved PT posters!

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Shannon's timeline is a little off but she was referring to when they separated, which occurred after the regular season filming ended and before the reunion was filmed, not when filming began for this season, so say 18 months instead of 12 months. 

For me, Shannon's timeline is significantly off because of the qualifier "amazing." If she was crying in March or April of this year that David had been distant and refrained from holding her hand for six months/since "your husband beats the shit out of you" aired (Septemberish 2016), then we're talking six months from the vow renewal. Which is indeed more accurately describes as a couple of months. 

At most, she had a yearish counting in the good months pre-vow renewal. Even less if, as she also contends, the relationship started growing tense in the gap between filming the Ireland bus ride and the actual broadcast. 

To me, this is another reflection of Shannon becoming attached to a particular narrative that's not really rooted in an authentic grasp on reality. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

For me, Shannon's timeline is significantly off because of the qualifier "amazing." If she was crying in March or April of this year that David had been distant and refrained from holding her hand for six months/since "your husband beats the shit out of you" aired (Septemberish 2016), then we're talking six months from the vow renewal. Which is indeed more accurately describes as a couple of months. 

At most, she had a yearish counting in the good months pre-vow renewal. Even less if, as she also contends, the relationship started growing tense in the gap between filming the Ireland bus ride and the actual broadcast. 

To me, this is another reflection of Shannon becoming attached to a particular narrative that's not really rooted in an authentic grasp on reality. 

Shannon wasn't worried about what would happen during filming, she was worried what would happen after the episode (van ride to hell that is) aired and the public saw it, so the timeline isn't as narrow as you believe IMO. A "couple" of months equates to 2 months, 6 months equates to several/1/2 a year or 3 times the length of a "couple". LOL And again, her timeline IS off but no more than David's claim of only "2 good months" IMO. LOL

• Love 4

Shannon didn't specifically say that the "yearS" were the ones that were after the affair. Maybe they also include some times that we viewers weren't privy to? Like when the kids were young. Or even during their courtship/engagement. 

To me, this is a reflection of David saying something unnecessarily cruel that's rooted in him being a giant ass. 

• Love 20

I have a feeling David has been planning this divorce for a couple of years. The selling of the home Shannon loved, Renting instead of buying a new house, and asking for the divorce after the lease is up. It would not surprise me he might be hiding money in off shore account so he can settle for less of a equal split when the divorce is finalized.

• Love 17
On 11/21/2017 at 9:52 AM, Pegasaurus said:

Agree with this - Lydia loves to stir the pot while hiding behind her Bible.  She's simply deceitful and intrusive. And sanctimonious.

Yes. While very important to not say crap about David in front of her children (that includes what she says on camera on RHOC & WWHL), she needs to distance herself from him.  Make sure the kids see that jerk but she doesn't need to, at least not on a regular basis, such as weekly dinners.  

Maybe she thinks that if they all gather every week, David will realize he's messed up this lovely family and will come to his senses.  Doubtful.  

And Shannon needs to face the reality of what her marriage really was.  That's the first, difficult, step. 

When ending a fairly long term marriage, as the Beadors had, it really is easier not to just rip the other person's presence out of your life and avoid each other thereafter, but to ease out of the relationship.  To gradually stop while promoting a "new normal" relationship with the children actually hurts far less than to just completely stop suddenly.  At least that's my experience. 

It's like cutting off a leg -- you know it's bad and has to be removed, but you have to get your mind right before undergoing it or the trauma feels like it's going to kill you.  Mentally removing this other person and becoming whole by yourself again after so many years is a process.  Although the marriage is over, there is still going to be a necessity for some sort of relationship going forward.  I don't think there's anything wrong or damaging in getting together for dinner once a week.  Should it become wrong or damaging, that's another story.

• Love 9
On 11/21/2017 at 4:13 PM, QQQQ said:

WalnutQueen I won' be able to sleep tonight until you finish this sentence: "Get off the roundabout - THEN stick your dick in some strange."

(Is it weird that "pudding" is the first thing that popped into my head?)

I thought everyone knew that getting "some strange" is a bro-code phrase that means having sex with someone other than your spouse (who's well-known, not strange, to you).

• Love 4

As much as I think David was unnecessarily cruel, I do wonder the context.  Maybe he was saying it was over and she bargained with him telling him they had some good years with promises of it getting better and then he, exasperatedly, said "a good couple of months" as a wake-up call to her.  I don't know but he seems like a very cold person to me.   She held on way longer than she should have.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

As much as I think David was unnecessarily cruel, I do wonder the context.  Maybe he was saying it was over and she bargained with him telling him they had some good years with promises of it getting better and then he, exasperatedly, said "a good couple of months" as a wake-up call to her.  I don't know but he seems like a very cold person to me.   She held on way longer than she should have.

Well, in that "you haven't held me hand in six months"/"That's not true" dialogue, Shannon did interpret "and then I pull away" as "it's all your fault."

As she similarly cried after the Mystic Michaela dinner that "no one defended me" and took away "you didn't let her speak" from Meghan exasperatedly noting that Peggy "didn't even say anything."

20 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Shannon wasn't worried about what would happen during filming, she was worried what would happen after the episode (van ride to hell that is) aired and the public saw it, so the timeline isn't as narrow as you believe IMO. A "couple" of months equates to 2 months, 6 months equates to several/1/2 a year or 3 times the length of a "couple". LOL And again, her timeline IS off but no more than David's claim of only "2 good months" IMO. LOL

She said "from the bus ride in Ireland, there was five months" until that verbal brawl aired, there was a five month gap during which she was so anxiety-ridden that she packed on the infamous 40 lbs. So, yes, I interpret that as her growing tense and starting to unravel between filming in Ireland and the broadcast of the footage from that trip. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 2
On 11/22/2017 at 6:02 PM, lunastartron said:

Shannon made the assertion about the wedding ring during season ten in one of her confessionals. David had moved out of the home during the affair and, according to Shannon, gave Sophie the ring to return to Shannon one day. I don't recall if this was ever corroborated or not. David did apologize to the daughters that season for the affair in general because, I believe Shannon said, Sophie discovered her dad's extramarital activities while looking at his phone. 

Actually Shannon made the comment on WWHL while holding hands with David.  http://www.eonline.com/news/702330/real-housewives-of-orange-county-s-shannon-beador-recalls-confronting-husband-s-mistress-reveals-david-gave-up-his-wedding-ring

• Love 8
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Thanks for the correction. 

I distinctly remembered her crying about it in that burgundy silk top with the Chanel jewelry that she wore for her talking heads in season ten. But I was probably recalling her reference to Sophie discovering the affair on his phone. 

Interesting that he gave the ring to Stella who, from the relatively little that has been aired of the children, usually seemed to favor her father in terms of personality.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Thanks for the correction. 

I distinctly remembered her crying about it in that burgundy silk top with that Chanel jewelry that she wore for her talking heads in season ten. But I was probably recalling her reference to Sophie discovering the affair on his phone. 

Interesting that he gave the ring to Stella who, from the relatively little that has been aired of the children, usually seemed to favor her father in terms of personality.

I just remember being shell shocked at the candor and David trying to stifle the hurt with comments about the hurt going both ways.  The other clip of Shannon describing the phone call from the other woman is chilling.  "I hardly knew him and he wanted to marry me," yikes what a cold woman.  

Shannon has some battle scars.  Even this season, Tamra, after watching the Easter scenes commented she had never seen that side of David.  The same Tamra who claimed David was a flirt, c'mom admit it, he is a flirt, while Shannon squirmed at the Reunion.

I commend Shannon for trying to make it work, but the question posed at the Reunion about who thought Shannon was over the affair said it all.

I always look at Shannon as when producers wanted a REAL housewife they got a huge bonus in Shannon.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 15
20 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I just remember being shell shocked at the candor and David trying to stifle the hurt with comments about the hurt going both ways.  The other clip of Shannon describing the phone call from the other woman is chilling.  "I hardly knew him and he wanted to marry me," yikes what a cold woman.  

Shannon has some battle scars.  Even this season, Tamra, after watching the Easter scenes commented she had never seen that side of David.  The same Tamra who claimed David was a flirt, c'mom admit it, he is a flirt, while Shannon squirmed at the Reunion.

I commend Shannon for trying to make it work, but the question posed at the Reunion about who thought Shannon was over the affair said it all.

I always look at Shannon as when producers wanted a REAL housewife they got a huge bonus in Shannon.  

Indeed, she's as real as you get. 

And not trying to defend the woman David had an affair with, but we don't know the context of the convo she said that. Like if Shannon called her and was being super aggressive and yelling at her to stay away from her husband and treating her like SHE was the one pursuing David, I think it's only natural the other woman would become defensive and want to set Shannon straight on who was pursuing who.  

I think he's got another woman and has for some time, now. I think he was having an affair this entire season of RHOOC. Whether it's with the same woman or a different one, who knows, but like someone else said, he's too needy to not have someone else there to replace Shannon. 

I could be wrong, but I feel like men generally don't initiate the divorce unless there's another woman in the picture. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

And not trying to defend the woman David had an affair with, but we don't know the context of the convo she said that. Like if Shannon called her and was being super aggressive and yelling at her to stay away from her husband and treating her like SHE was the one pursuing David, I think it's only natural the other woman would become defensive and want to set Shannon straight on who was pursuing who.  

I think he's got another woman and has for some time, now. I think he was having an affair this entire season of RHOOC. Whether it's with the same woman or a different one, who knows, but like someone else said, he's too needy to not have someone else there to replace Shannon. 

Men generally don't initiate the divorce unless there's another woman in the picture. 

In the clip from WWHL, Andy asks if Shannon had contacted David's mistress, and Shannon said the woman had called her.  According to Shannon she just told the woman she wanted her family back,  That is when the woman told her David was obsessed with and wanted to marry her, and she didn't even know the guy.  Apparently, it doesn't take much for the married mistress to drop her panties for a man.   Shannon had mentioned before she found out about the affair, the woman and asked about her marriage.  Shannon and David knew the woman because she had a daughter on the girls' volleyball or basketball team and David was the coach.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

Men generally don't initiate the divorce unless there's another woman in the picture. 

In the link-the first clip is Andy asking Shannon if she had a conversation with David's mistress.  Shannon said she called Shannon and Shannon said all she could say, " I want my family back."  The woman then replied that Daivd was obsessed with her and wanted to marry her and she didn't even know the guy.  So I guess the married  mistress just drops trow without being terribly discerning.  My guess is the woman was desperate not to have her name in the press and was trying to deny the entire affair.  Difficult when the guy tells his wife sleeping with you.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

In the clip from WWHL, Andy asks if Shannon had contacted David's mistress, and Shannon said the woman had called her.  According to Shannon she just told the woman she wanted her family back,  That is when the woman told her David was obsessed with and wanted to marry her, and she didn't even know the guy.  Apparently, it doesn't take much for the married mistress to drop her panties for a man.   Shannon had mentioned before she found out about the affair, the woman and asked about her marriage.  Shannon and David knew the woman because she had a daughter on the girls' volleyball or basketball team and David was the coach.  

Wait, is that how Shannon found out about the affair? b/c the other woman called her and told her?

• Love 1
On 11/24/2017 at 4:26 PM, zoeysmom said:

The same Tamra who claimed David was a flirt, c'mom admit it, he is a flirt, while Shannon squirmed at the Reunion.

It is interesting to know now that Tamra had already heard rumors of David's infidelity at that point - so those "innocent" comments were clearly meant to be underhanded and vicious. It really is amazing that Shannon has managed to get past all this with her.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Wait, is that how Shannon found out about the affair? b/c the other woman called her and told her?

No Shannon found out because she or one of her daughters saw phone calls on his phone and I believe some hotel receipts.  

14 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

It is interesting to know now that Tamra had already heard rumors of David's infidelity at that point - so those "innocent" comments were clearly meant to be underhanded and vicious. It really is amazing that Shannon has managed to get past all this with her.

Yep, there is no upside to being Tamra's friend.  That was also the Reunion where Tamra made her tearful apology to Shannon for breaching her confidentiality.  I posted a clip of the conversation earlier, and it had more to do with Vicki telling Terry something untoward about David that resulted in Terry's continuing dislike of David.  A refresher http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-9/videos/will-vicki-makeout-with-shannons-husband

I thought Tamra rubbed it in way too much.  It is a continuing theme with Tamra though as she came unglued over something Lizzie said to her husband.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

No Shannon found out because she or one of her daughters saw phone calls on his phone and I believe some hotel receipts.  

Yep, there is no upside to being Tamra's friend.  That was also the Reunion where Tamra made her tearful apology to Shannon for breaching her confidentiality.  I posted a clip of the conversation earlier, and it had more to do with Vicki telling Terry something untoward about David that resulted in Terry's continuing dislike of David.  A refresher http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-9/videos/will-vicki-makeout-with-shannons-husband

I thought Tamra rubbed it in way too much.  It is a continuing theme with Tamra though as she came unglued over something Lizzie said to her husband.

Shannon looked so defeated/hurt in that clip but she didn't look surprised/shocked. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

Someone needs to stuff a sock in Tamra's mouth. She is so fake...watching that clip of her continuously telling David he's hot and he flirts alot. But of course she never got called out on how saying those things was mean and disrespectful to Shannon.

If Eddie ever became a big flirt Tamra would cut whatever bitch Eddie was flirting with.. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 7

The behavior of the whole cast during season nine and its aftermath was confounding and bizarre. 

Tamra and Heather were truly evil and malicious, both to Shannon but to each other as well. It was peculiar to watch Heather remain such a proponent of Tamra at the reunion after it became clear in the course of filming that Tamra had outed her eating disorder and worked overtime during Lizzie's dinner to prevent her duplicity vis-a-vis "Terry said he wants to take the Beadors down" from coming to light.

That said, as transparently horrible as Heather and Tamra were to Shannon at the Rovsek supper party, I don't think they were fundamentally incorrect in their assessment of Shannon who was, in retrospect, quite disingenuous with her indignation that a plot point she introduced into the on-camera narrative about her marriage subsequently became a topic of discussion. 

Likewise, it was morally reprehensible for Shannon to bring up Heather's ED/mental health issue during filming even if Tamra had committed her own transgression by divulgjng that information privately and/or making it up. 

And Shannon's own timeline established that she knew about David's affair before the reunion, at which she asserted that her marriage had been strengthened by the show. 

The other element that I found very odd during the period in question was Shannon simultaneously describing Vicki as one of her best friends and noting at the beginning of the season ten footage that they hadn't seen each other in four months - which would have been almost a third of the entire time they'd known each other. 

That she telephoned Tamra - who physically grabbed her face during that beach house gaslight - twenty times on any day at all during this most recent year just reflects what an unusual perception Shannon has of personal relationships.

All my subjective perspective. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Watching that clip brings back so many memories of how horrible the left couch was that season. Ugh, Terry Dubrow blaming Vicki of all people for his behavior toward David? And Heather backing it up? They were so awful.

But the Dubrows (or was it just Heather) knew that David was cheating on Shannon. So to hear that David is also flirting with women in their circle and talking about things that could be thought of as sexually inappropriate would make you think that David is a dirtbag. We would later find out that David is kind of a dirtbag, but for slightly different reasons. But I don't think it's particularly strange that someone has a negative opinion about a person that they've basically only heard bad things about. Just like I don't think Heather should have been surprised when viewer questions about Terry referred to him as an absentee father with a pathological need for TV attention because that's basically the only way he was depicted on RHoOC. He might be more than that, but that's the bulk of what we saw.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

But the Dubrows (or was it just Heather) knew that David was cheating on Shannon. So to hear that David is also flirting with women in their circle and talking about things that could be thought of as sexually inappropriate would make you think that David is a dirtbag. We would later find out that David is kind of a dirtbag, but for slightly different reasons. But I don't think it's particularly strange that someone has a negative opinion about a person that they've basically only heard bad things about. Just like I don't think Heather should have been surprised when viewer questions about Terry referred to him as an absentee father with a pathological need for TV attention because that's basically the only way he was depicted on RHoOC. He might be more than that, but that's the bulk of what we saw.

It's not about them having a negative opinion of David - it's their behavior as a result. Terry admitted (a year later) that he behaved like "a douche bag." And he did. Calling David a "penis" at dinner, yelling at him when he had already apologized, claiming he had lost months of sleep over it. It was over-the-top and he got a lot of viewer flak for it. That is no one's fault but Terry's fault, IMO.

• Love 7