Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Well, yes, some details are indeed ambiguous or outright incorrect. 

Shannon is an unreliable narrator to the point of incoherence but she has maintained for the entirety of her duration on the show since coverage of the 2003 incident first broke in 2013 (even prior to the broadcast of her debut on the program) that David never made physical contact with her during that episode. Period, end of story according to Shannon. She even called commenters who asked about that history "morons" just last year for suggesting  that domestic violence in fact did occur. I personally find it difficult to believe that a wealthy white man would find himself in a position that mandated acceptance of plea deal without some form of corroborating evidence but, consistently and definitively, the only account provided regarding those events has been Shannon's ... and it is not that "David did come after Shannon"; it is that she telephoned 911 to stop a verbal argument. 

There were not two "separate" occasions vis-a-vis the second disturbance that was introduced into the narrative. It was a conintuous chain on the same night. Shannon and David had sent their daughters to stay with Shannon's mom in Nashville. Shannon and David were a night or two away from departing for Hawaii when Shannon, yes, got drunk and then, coming in and out of blackout (since she says "I can't remember what happened" regarding what transpired between the restaurant and charging into the door), later that same evening tried to beat down Adaline's bedroom door after David locked himself inside. http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-11/episode-21/videos/shannon-tells-what-really-happened

Although I find Shannon to have a propensity for retconning when it's situationally convenient in order to make herself look better, her own narrative is that she drunkenly went after David in the second episode and crazily, irresponsibly called 911 on him despite no threat of physical peril during the first. 

Vicki explained on the bus that she had shared the incident with Kelly in order to provide background on why she, Vicki, was supposedly afraid that David could have hit her, Vicki, during their argument at the '70s party. This was a patently stupid assertion because Vicki was the one invading David's space at that event. 

Kelly, on said bus ride, yelled to Shannon that Vicki had informed her "your husband beats the shit out of you." Whether that was Kelly's own articulation or a direct quote, I don't know. 

All of this makes me wonder if Shannon is really the aggressor when she gets drunk, not David either time, but Shannon.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, dabmusic said:

Wow, some of these stories are made up.  David did come after Shannon years ago, hence why he had to go to anger management.  Shannon did get drunk at a bar or café, She was found walking somewhere unknown and thinks she fell as she had bruises.  David found her blocks away.  The incident at the house was separate and she did call Vicki with a witness.  People were angry at Vicki for not calling 911 when Shannon told her David was hitting her.  Vicki did not tell Kelli that David beats the crap out of her, she told Kelly about the one incident.  I'm not a Vicki fan but something in my gut tells me there is truth behind these so called rumors.  I think there has been frustration, hate, feeling of being trapped and alcohol for quite sometime in that marriage.  Why isn't Shannon equally angry at Tamra and Heather for sharing the gossip the first season she was on?  Heather told her friends at lunch about Shannon.   Personally, this season has been a bust because Shannon and Tamra decided to ice Vicki out, get Kelly onboard. 

Totally agree that there is truth in all this....somewhere. We aren't getting the full picture though.  What I'm leaning toward is that both are at fault in some way.  Shannon drinking too much and then nagging on David, David responding physically in some way, etc.  Maybe not hitting Shannon but coming close....something like that. 

I do believe that Vicki felt concern for Shannon - which Shannon didn't understand because Vicki is a horrible communicator.  I also think Vicki had some concerns for Meghan and her marriage to Jim.  In her own way, I think Vicki was trying to stick up for Shannon and Meghan at various times this season (although in a very poor and unsuccessful manner) - the 70's party being one of them.  Shannon and Meghan went into defensive mode and couldn't see this.  They lashed back at Vicki, and it's been downhill ever since.  Ironically, I also believe Vicki is telling the truth when she says she likes Eddie.

For such a bust of a season, we all sure talk about it a lot.  I was curious and ran some ratings numbers based on what I found on this site http://allthingsrh.com/rhoc-ratings/.  Data only goes back to Season 6.  Numbers are season averages.  Cast lists are from Wikipedia.  

I'm not sure how all this translates for casting decisions.  Odds are there is much more to it than just average ratings, e.g. surrounding buzz, social media, etc.  but the show sure took a nose-dive after Gretchen and Alexis left.

S12 - 1,673,053 - Vicki, Tamra, Shannon, Meghan, Kelly, Lydia, Peggy
S11 - 1,775,095 - Vicki, Tamra, Heather, Shannon, Meghan, Kelly
S10 - 1,820,500 - Vicki, Tamra, Heather, Shannon, Meghan
S09 - 1,755,048 - Vicki, Tamra, Heather, Shannon, Lizzie
S08 - 1,898,227 - Vicki, Tamra, Gretchen, Alexis, Heather, Lydia
S07 - 1,971,091 - Vicki, Tamra, Gretchen, Alexis, Heather
S06 - 1,942,375 - Vicki, Tamra, Gretchen, Alexis, Peggy

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4

Seeing those previews clips...boy, both Lydia and Peggy are quite the condescending two.  And I guess my understanding of Christian principles are very different from Lydia.  And I only comment on it because Lydia keeps putting it out there.  She came back to promote the stupid magazine because neither she or her husband have much going on business wise. 

Maybe Peggy grew up in an insulated environment but she supposedly went to UCLA for four years and what did she do after she got out of college?  I also find it very interesting that at times she loses most of her accent.  She plays a role but I don't think many people are buying it.  And I don't think she had any desire to be a housewife.  That was Diko because he's the one who really wants fame.

• Love 23
19 hours ago, WireWrap said:

All of this makes me wonder if Shannon is really the aggressor when she gets drunk, not David either time, but Shannon.

And this is why I'm done (fucking done! *gasp* *sob*) with Shannon and have been since last year's reunion. If she were a man or David had admitted to such behavior,  that behavior would be well near unanimously condemned as abusive. And rightly so. 

Per her own assertions, she is the dangerous partner in the narrative of the Beador marriage. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

And this is why I'm done (fucking done! *gasp* *sob*) with Shannon and have been since last year's reunion. If she were a man or David had admitted to such behavior,  that behavior would be well near unanimously condemned as abusive. And rightly so. 

Per her own assertions, she is the dangerous partner in the narrative of the Beador marriage. 

I suspect that this side of Shannon, aggressive, comes out only when she is really drunk and very, very angry with men that cheat on her. I would not be surprised to learn that David was cheating on her back then as well. That doesn't mean that Shannon losing her grip, getting aggressive is ok but that would make more sense. And, we don't know that she physical hits him when she gets this way, she just may be verbally aggressive, still bad but not at the level of physical aggression. I know a few women that slam doors and stomp from room to room while yelling but they never lay a hand on anyone and I suspect that is Shannon as well. 

• Love 20

So watching the reunion preview, Lydia is pissing me off. 

10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Seeing those previews clips...boy, both Lydia and Peggy are quite the condescending two.  And I guess my understanding of Christian principles are very different from Lydia.  And I only comment on it because Lydia keeps putting it out there.  She came back to promote the stupid magazine because neither she or her husband have much going on business wise. 

Maybe Peggy grew up in an insulated environment but she supposedly went to UCLA for four years and what did she do after she got out of college?  I also find it very interesting that at times she loses most of her accent.  She plays a role but I don't think many people are buying it.  And I don't think she had any desire to be a housewife.  That was Diko because he's the one who really wants fame.

I'm done with Lydia. She looks defensive and condescending as hell in the preview clips and brings nothing, nada to the show. 

• Love 17

Just caught the rebroadcast of the Mystic Mistake episode in the pre-reunion marathon. 

For the record, Vicki and Kelly both said among themselves that they didn't attend the dinner specifically because of the psychic's presence. Kelly declared that the prospect was "scary," Vicki that it was "not Biblical." In a talking head, Vicki further said that psychics are "quacks" who "can take your money and say whatever they want."

Peggy politely declined to submit to an aura reading when Michaela offered and explained in her confessional that "God is her psychic" i.e. His will is predestined (so, presumably, she doesn't need to foresee the future by proxy). 

Lydia greeted Michaela and happily engaged with her during the supper but noted in her TH that she "doesn't really even want to be around" clairvoyance but that "it's important to Meghan" so she attended in support of her friend. 

It will be intersting to see the entire dispute between Lydia and Meghan since, from my subjective opinion, neither Lydia nor Peggy behaved objectionably and Vicki/Kelly were far more egregious. 

• Love 5
On 11/19/2017 at 1:29 AM, lunastartron said:

Kelly, on said bus ride, yelled to Shannon that Vicki had informed her "your husband beats the shit out of you." Whether that was Kelly's own articulation or a direct quote, I don't know.

I've always suspected that was Kelly's own way of re-framing the info. Though we will never know for sure. It just "sounds" like Kelly.

• Love 3

Am I the only one who thinks Shannon looks the best out of the reunion?  Tamra's face lift didn't do her any favors.  I hope that she's going back to the shorter hair she sported during WWHL a while ago.  She looked much prettier; not sure whether this was filmed before or after that appearance.  Kelly's fillers need to calm down; one side of her face looks different than the others.

Lydia is just unattractive; her face is aging rapidly and looks even worse.

• Love 22

I had hoped that the divorce was equally Shannon's idea, if not entirely. Sorry to see that I was wrong. He left her. I wonder if she sees what a jerk he was to her, or that she deserves better, or if she still wants him back after all of this.

Vicki was really pissing me off when she was making both Kelly and Shannon's revelations about her. She is a true narcissist.

Meghan was no match for Lydia in that argument. It was kinda awesome to see.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I was sort of hoping Meghan would slap that self-righteous sneer off Lydiot’s face.

Like Meghan hasn't spent the vast majority of her time on the show being self-righteous. Her ass got owned tonight by the bigger bitch. Ha!

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Shannon looks the best out of the reunion?  Tamra's face lift didn't do her any favors.  I hope that she's going back to the shorter hair she sported during WWHL a while ago.  She looked much prettier; not sure whether this was filmed before or after that appearance.  Kelly's fillers need to calm down; one side of her face looks different than the others.

Lydia is just unattractive; her face is aging rapidly and looks even worse.

I agree.  Tamra had too much make-up on.  Usually the way it works is when you're young, you wear more make-up to look older; when you're older, you wear less make-up to look younger!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Peggy looks awful. So masculine or something. Lydia is so irritating. Such a tiny head and face and overwhelmed by hair. Annoying voice. She needs to go! Please go!

OMG, Peggy's hair could not have been done by a professional, right? 

I saw no difference in Tamra's face.

None of the women could muster up a real tear.

I predict that Vicki will be getting her neck done after she watches the reunion.  When they showed the clip of her in the red dress at her birthday party I was shocked that nobody said anything about how awful she looked.  

• Love 13
On 11/18/2017 at 8:00 AM, diadochokinesis said:

In my opinion, Shannon was taking ownership.  She said she was unhappy and she was taking it out on everybody.  She apologized to those she went off on.  Instead of listening to her, Vicki had her judgmental face on.  She could have even just tried for a neutral, blank expression but nope, she had to full on judgmental.  I don't think Vicki really has the right to be judgmental of anybody in that crew considering everything she has done. 

I would have believed Vicki's sympathy for Shannon were she not a cancerous conwoman.

• Love 22

I feel so bad for Shannon. She has always struck me as someone who struggles with self esteem. David the douche leaving her must be devastating. 

Kelly otoh, is ready to party. Kelly needs to do the single ladies thing with Shannon . 

I feel no sympathy for Tamra. Her daughter specifically said to keep her out of the public eye and Tamra of course did whatever she wants. 

Lydia can go away anytime now. And peggy too. Megan is meh. I figured since she moved away, she is gone anyway. 

Vicki can threaten all she wants but we all know she's not going anywhere as long as they want her in the cast. I seriously do not understand why Vicki is so determined to get married...to anyone who asks. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 19

I hope Shannon finds true love....herself.  if not for her,  at least for her three daughters.  

Vicki...no words

Kelly seems ready to party, but I did like Tamras advice to Kelly.

T amra said in season 8 she never wanted to get oin Lydia s bad side...youd think Meghan would question why T amra of all people d oesnt even want to tangle with Lydia lol

• Love 14
1 minute ago, breezy424 said:

I felt for Shannon and believe or not, Kelly.  Divorce is hard and it's especially hard when you have children. 

I even felt for Tamra.  Really Andy?  Continue to ask questions about Tamra's daughter not wanting her mother to discuss her on TV?  I know many will disagree about Tamra answering his questions but I would have just a hard time as well as a mother.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have one of my children to not want to have any relationship with me, especially at her daughter's age.  That pain would cut so deep.

Thank goodness that only a few minutes, if that, were devoted to Peggy.

Sorry Lydia.  You are a hypocrite and condensing fake.  You remind me of the members of the church who go to Mass on Sunday and then cut someone off in the parking lot afterwards.  You talk about the bible.  You need to read further about what Jesus stood for.  I don't recall Jesus saying that it's ok because you said it to their 'face'.  That's not practicing the teachings of Christianity.  Christianity is about going deeper and trying to understand what a person is going through.  Not declaring them crazy to their face.  I really hate having this discussion but Lydia keeps putting her 'faith' out there.   Sorry Lydia but you're not living Christianity. 

25 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Andy is such a little shit stirrer.  He's talking to Tamra about her daughter.   "So, you're daughter has stated she doesn't want to be mentioned.  So, here we are talking about your daughter.  How do you think she'd feel if she knew we were talking about her?  Which daughter is it that doesn't want to be mentioned?  Whew! What else do you think your daughter wouldn't want you to mention about her?".  And, on and on.

Tamra has made "parental alienation" and, thus, her relationship with Sidney a primary plot point for her presence on the show over the course of multiple seasons.

Why shouldn't Andy ask about it? Tamra has displayed no hesitation whatsoever about presenting her distance from Sidney as a narrative.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Holy hell.  David said "We've had a couple of good months."  What a fucking jackass.

No kidding.  The best thing in the world is for Shannon to develop a sense of self-worth - no man, or anyone else needed.

Going totally against the grain, but I think Lydia came off way better than Shannon and Meghan during round 1 of the reunion.  Lydia's no dummy and she out argued them, IMO. 

Tamra dug her grave about 10 feet deeper for me.  How she is handling the situation with her daughter is crazy to me.  

I liked Kelly, finally.  I especially like how she hasn't held a grudge.  I would very much like to see Vicki and Shannon make up as I think they actually have the most in common of any of them and they could be good support systems for each other.  I think Kelly could be a good 3rd wheel in that as well. 

Meghan and Peggy were non-entities tonight.  I guess we'll see more next week.

• Love 13