Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I thought all the women looked great. The make-up artist was a little heavy handed, but for Vicki's age-- and Tamra and Shannon as well, they look fantastic to me. No one needs any surgery, no one needs any nips and tucks. No one needs to lose weight. Please let's stop judging people on their looks, it's very damaging and eating disorders are a real thing. 

I don't have much to say on the reunion. It pretty much went as expected. Tamra crying about daughter, Shannon crying about David, Andy trying to start fights. 

Pretty boring. 

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Tamra has made "parental alienation" and, thus, her relationship with Sidney a primary plot point for her presence on the show over the course of multiple seasons.

Why shouldn't Andy ask about it? Tamra has displayed no hesitation whatsoever about presenting her distance from Sidney as a narrative.

I don't think that Tamra has made her relationship with her oldest daughter a primary plot point at all.  It has come up but it's never been her storyline in any season.  I don't think any of her children have been a storyline except for Ryan.  And given his age, he's been accepting of it.  Probably because of money or whatever.

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I can't imagine that she will be asked back (and did I hear that she has been axed?). She would alienate true Christians who would be embarrassed by her behavior, and disgust non believers who think she is a massive hypocrite. 

I’m embarrassed AND disgusted! LOL

I know that many here are cynical about Tamra’s conversion. But I’m still less bothered by her claims because she’s never claimed to be Pollyanna or the arbiter of all things Christian. Lydia, OTOH, makes a big deal about being Friendship Whisperer but then goes and craps on people when they’re down.

Funny how we never have these conversations about Vanderpump Rules*

* oh snap, we have, about Brittany’s mom 

• Love 13
Just now, breezy424 said:

I don't think that Tamra has made her relationship with her oldest daughter a primary plot point at all.  It has come up but it's never been her storyline in any season.  I don't think any of her children have been a storyline except for Ryan.  And given his age, he's been accepting of it.  Probably because of money or whatever.

There was a whole episode this season about parental alienation, and Tamra's involvement in the movement, which is ostensibly about her fractured relationship with Sidney. It was definitely a plot point.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Wow. My opinion of Lydia was not helped by the full video. Does she not realize how horribly she comes across when she tries to be Sparkle Pony but thinks that it’s ok to call someone psycho and Mayor of Crazy Town if you say it to their face? 

After watching this season, I've developed a theory about Lydia and her mother, and it goes something like this:

Having realized her only child Sparkle is literally The Bad Seed, Judy Stirling withdraws into a fantasy world of rainbows, unicorns, glitter, and massive amounts of marijuana.  Recognizing Sparkle's true evil, Judy renames her child Lydia, and weaves her fantasy around the devil's child, teaching "Lydia" that the world was filled with make believe, fairies and princesses, and a smoke-filled haze.  But everyone in Lydia's world knows to tiptoe carefully around the child's mercurial moods, and sleep with one eye open.  Then one day, the incident with the shoes happens  . . . .

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

There was a whole episode this season about parental alienation, and Tamra's involvement in the movement, which is ostensibly about her fractured relationship with Sidney. It was definitely a plot point.

Ok.  But honestly, what episode was that?  I'm totally in the dark.  There have been moments but I don't honestly remember a whole episode.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JD5166 said:

Fucking Dick! 

thank you for saying this!  i have a friend who says that sometimes the f word is the only appropriate word to use.  my guess this is one of those times.  so thank you!

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

25 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Ok.  But honestly, what episode was that?  I'm totally in the dark.  There have been moments but I don't honestly remember a whole episode.

It was episode 4, We Have a New Puppet MasterHonestly, I could barely remember the episode. The reason it didn't immediately register with me after all of these months is because Tamra's focus was primarily on her strained relationship with her mother. Her relationship with Sidney was secondary, intentionally or not. As much as Tamra has been hurt by her strained relationship with Sidney, Tamra has dialed back on talking directly about it. It's been much more oblique such as the possibility of her marriage to Eddie impacting her relationship with her kids or Tamra continuing the trauma she experienced with her parents in her interactions with her kids and them with their kids.

• Love 5

Based on this first installment I think Peggy, Megan and Lydia are gone next season.

Peggy is like speaking Armenian to a goldfish. The only thing it does is irritate the goldfish.

Megan is going to be doing the IVF thing again to save her marriage if Jimmy consents. No thanks.

Lydia, not interested in anything she (doesn't) have to offer.

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I think the first episode where Tamra and Lydia "reconnect" and pray over her relationship with Sydney in her bible study. And episode 4 is all about it and she brought it up several other times. 

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

After watching this season, I've developed a theory about Lydia and her mother, and it goes something like this:

Having realized her only child Sparkle is literally The Bad Seed, Judy Stirling withdraws into a fantasy world of rainbows, unicorns, glitter, and massive amounts of marijuana.  Recognizing Sparkle's true evil, Judy renames her child Lydia, and weaves her fantasy around the devil's child, teaching "Lydia" that the world was filled with make believe, fairies and princesses, and a smoke-filled haze.  But everyone in Lydia's world knows to tiptoe carefully around the child's mercurial moods, and sleep with one eye open.  Then one day, the incident with the shoes happens  . . . .

Exit light! Enter, night! Taaaaaaake my hand... off to Never Never Land!

Lydia: the inspiration for "Enter Sandman"

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I think the first episode where Tamra and Lydia "reconnect" and pray over her relationship with Sydney in her bible study. And episode 4 is all about it and she brought it up several other times. 

Lydia brought up Sydney, not Tamra and most of the episode centered on Tamra's parents and on all of her kids, not just Sydney. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I thought all the women looked great. The make-up artist was a little heavy handed, but for Vicki's age-- and Tamra and Shannon as well, they look fantastic to me. No one needs any surgery, no one needs any nips and tucks. No one needs to lose weight. Please let's stop judging people on their looks, it's very damaging and eating disorders are a real thing. 

I don't have much to say on the reunion. It pretty much went as expected. Tamra crying about daughter, Shannon crying about David, Andy trying to start fights. 

Pretty boring. 

I agree, and thank you for posting this.  I have a hard time being negative about peoples' appearances - whether it be an ill-fitting dress or whatever, it's just unnecessary and mean, and it puts bad juju in the world.  I don't always follow the Golden Rule, but I work at it.

I thought all the women looked great.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 7

Watched because one of my kids likes OC. Remembered why I don’t watch OC.

Also, Andy’s hair looked like wet white yarn. The heck?!

28 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Based on this first installment I think Peggy, Megan and Lydia are gone next season.

Peggy is like speaking Armenian to a goldfish. The only thing it does is irritate the goldfish.

Megan is going to be doing the IVF thing again to save her marriage if Jimmy consents. No thanks.

Lydia, not interested in anything she (doesn't) have to offer.

I was just thinking, I’d somewhat enjoy this show if it were Kelly, Tamra, Shannon and maybe H. Dubrow. 

• Love 7

Lydia has behaved like a straight up bitch. She's absolutely judgmental. Hey moron, saying something to someone's face doesn't mean that you aren't judgmental. It's also not very Christian like of you but not that it matters...God only matters when it comes to justifying your behaviour and feelings. I love that Meghan called her out. 

I really felt for Tamra. I understand distancing yourself from a loved one when you feel hurt by them but to try and erase that loved one from your life as an act of punishment...that's pretty cruel. As much as people can blame Simon for brainwashing Sydney...isolation is often needed to develop a brainwashed mentality to such an extent and I don't think Sydney has been cut off from the rest of the world in an effort to convince her of a faux reality. On some level, Sydney is punishing her mother for herself just as much as as she may be punishing Tamra for Simon.

Felt for Shannon as well but as long as she fights for her happiness she'll fully realize that the hardest decision for her will be the best decision for her. Vicki, how didn't you know? didn't you watch this season and witness with the rest of the world what a shitty marriage they had?

The couch on the right won the night for me in terms of overall look. Meghan looked gorgeous, Tamra looks great and I thought Shannon was rocking that outfit and her hair looked great. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 22

Shannon and Meghan are every bit as self-centered and -preoccupied as Lydia. "Your discomfort at the event in which you were nevertheless gamely participating was really uncomfortable for US ... especially when you excused yourself to the restroom while we were screaming at Kelly."* For all of their disgruntlement that Lydia isn't extending Shannon adequate compassion, Meghan and Shannon certainly didn't accord any during that exchange or when simply making up blatant fabrications about Lydia not "treating everyone equally"/suggesting on social media that she maligned gay people as gross.

As ever, minority opinion on Shannon: she's as much of an asshole as David. Just as David could have jetted at anytime during their marriage if he had been dissatisfied save for a couple of months, Shannon had the means and agency to remove herself from the union if she felt they had only had several good years out of 17. Instead, she has spent four of those years on national television unhealthily needling her husband and lamenting her unhappiness even prior to the affair as well as lashing out to a spree of coworkers as then attributing her behavior to her marital woes. She has done her fair share of contributing to the state of her relationship with David (turns out consistently criticizing, putting down, and bitching at your spouse ISN'T going to establish a foundation for romantic success!). 

2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Lydia brought up Sydney, not Tamra and most of the episode centered on Tamra's parents and on all of her kids, not just Sydney. 

Lydia lead a discussion on the premise of, "have you ever felt abandoned by God?" Tamra then proceeded to share her history with Sidney both to viewers (via the camera) and the strangers with whom she was filming. Tamra exercises control of her narrative, not Lydia. 

Tamra introduced this in her first/second segment on this show this season. I recall no other major individual story arc for her this year other than parental alienation (in the sense that each Housewife has a narrative that focuses on her alone, some of which are by definition featured more prominently than others: Peggy had her daughters' imminent departure and angst over her health; Meghan had the time she spent alone with Jim, Aspen, and Bridget; Vicki had her fledgling relationship with Steve and visits from her kids; etc). She certainly participated in the "Eddie is gay" feud and other fights among the cast but her "erased family members" meme pretty much constituted the sum of her own plot.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 8

Meghan reposted this on her Instagram with full endorsement. And just ... wow. It's kind of creepy how this has spun into a wholesale fiction in which Peggy and/or Lydia perpetrated "mistreatment," the proof of which is because Michaela "felt the disgust" and "judgment."

ETA: how was Michaela "dismissed" and "disregarded"? Peggy declined a reading then continued to make social conversation while Lydia greeted Michaela with a huge smile when introduced.

"In my practice I am presented with various people of every cultural and religious background. I always say, my purpose is never to challenge beliefs. It is only to nurture ones own connection to self and compassion for others through spirit. Those who do not wish to be read, I always completely respect and comply! 
When someone judges you, it isn’t about you at all. It’s about their own needs, pain, insecurities and limitations. As an empath, I felt Peggy and Lydia’s judgment towards me. I smiled and attempted to make conversation even though I felt the disgust. Yet, instead of being offended, I was simply sad that a wall was up. As a mom and a fellow human on this planet, there are plenty of things to talk to me about, but I was dismissed and disregarded. I felt labeled. 
I have met many Christians and I was raised Catholic. The Golden Rule is something I have found the majority of religious people follow. I don’t feel it’s right to stand behind a particular culture or ones religious beliefs in order to justify mistreatment. That is ignorance, and this is the root of so much evil. 
Meghan is right, one must look to themselves to do the right thing.... because God doesn’t live in a church or a temple, He lives in each one of us. ?
#mysticmichaela #imagine"

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Lydia isn't an only child.  She has at least 2 brothers -- the pedophile and the one that was at the birthday party early this season. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Where I grew up, Lydia would be referred to as a Sunday Christian. Someone who goes to church on Sundays, and spends the rest of the week (and Sunday for that matter) not acting Christian like at all. So she didn't know how to act around drag queens because they aren't in the bible? I wish someone had asked her to quote the chapter and verse where the bible says it is OK to call someone insane, psycho and crazy as long as you say it to their face. I did attend Sunday school as a child, but apparently was out sick when that lesson was taught. 

I can't imagine that she will be asked back (and did I hear that she has been axed?). She would alienate true Christians who would be embarrassed by her behavior, and disgust non believers who think she is a massive hypocrite. Personally, I think she should spend her time praying to have the alarming SORASing that is happening to her face halted. Maybe there is a God after all. 

She is totally a Sunday Christian.  I'm Southern so I feel like we are the resident experts on Sunday Christians and super-judgey Christians.  Lydia is the type of Christian that makes me hate telling other people that I'm Christian.  I hate seeing her discuss her faith on the show because it puts all of us in a bad light.  I have more respect for Tamra's version because she shows that she is in the walk and that just because you are a Christian doesn't mean you are perfect.  She screws up but she is trying to be a better person. 

2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I loved Peggy's dress. Reminds me of that rose gold/copper sequined dress/top that LVP and Erica Girardi wore on RHOBH a season or two ago.

That's because it is the same designer (Tom Ford).  He has a whole line of these dresses in several different colors and even a couple of neckline and back options (cowl back, boatneck, jewel neck, etc).

• Love 9

Andy's hair was WHACK! 

Lydia was a little bitch. Her contempt was scary  to me when in her expressions and reflections and Megan carefully stated facts back without getting emotional.  Shannon reacts back with yelling which Lydia wants because Lydia looks innocent. Megan OWNED Lydia.  That was beauteous!!!!!!

The bathroom of the Quiet Woman is ratchet may we never see it ever again! 

Sydney will never have a relationship with Tamra as long as shes on the show, because she knows her m0ther will ALWAYYYSSSSS talk about her on camera. Every time Tamra gets a whim.  She can't trust her mother.

A BMW dear lord dont turn those sweet girls into the Curtin sisters.  

• Love 12

I legit can't name any of Tamra's children other than Ryan and Sydney so apparently Tamra has no problem keeping her other kids name out of her mouth on the show. I am glad she acknowledged she was wrong in posting the picture from Sydney's graduation. 

Why the fuck is Peggy on the show. And Lydia can go fuck herself.

• Love 14

I find Lydia full of crap when she says the bible doesn't believe in psychics. The bible has many psychic predictions in it. The one about John the Baptist predicting the coming of Jesus comes to mind and I don't read the bible that much.

It looks like Tamra got a terribly bad face lift to me.

• Love 5
On 11/17/2017 at 5:16 AM, lunastartron said:

Lydia should have just declared to Meghan that the reason she doesn't want to be around psychics is because they speak to demons (TM Gina Liano during the best argument that has ever occurred on this franchise at large). 

Gawd, I miss those ladies!

8 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Holy hell.  David said "We've had a couple of good months."  What a fucking jackass.

I hope he didn't drag his daughters into his nutfuckery, like he did last time with his wedding ring.  Prick.

• Love 10

There was a close-up of Tamra's cheek when hugging Shannon at the  very end (maybe  a preview??) that looked like 80 year old flesh, wrinkled and dry - post-face lift.  Yikes.Maybe she should look into fillers more closely - she has world class experts on stage with her, after all.

• Love 4

Okay, let me get the superficial out of the way real quick - Shannon looks great! Keep it up, girl. Peggy and Tamra both benefited from chopping some of that hair off. Kelly looked like she should be dancing in a Deadwood Saloon circa 1878. And Megan was bringing me Khaleesi realness. 

Okay, so I want to touch upon the thing with Lydia and the drag Bingo event. First of all, I'm a Christian and Megan's comment did not bother me. I don't think she was trying to bash Lydia's religion or say there's anything wrong with looking to the Bible for guidance. I think the overall point was that Lydia doesn't seem to be able to form an opinion WITHOUT the Bible. There is nothing in the Bible about trans, drag queens, etc. - so she doesn't know what she should think about it. It's just ridiculous, IMO. You need to be able to think for yourself. Of course the Bible isn't going to specifically mention a lot of our modern cultural issues. But Jesus does tell us to be kind to one another. She doesn't have to approve of every lifestyle, but she can be kind and gracious. And she should be able to come to that conclusion on her own. I think that was Megan's point. 

That being said, I think people need to stop harping on how Lydia behaved at Bingo. I know we didn't see every second, but I thought she did her best. You can't expect someone to come into a completely new situation like that and not feel a bit uncomfortable. I know I would have been uncomfortable. And it wouldn't have been because of any gay people, trans people, drag queens, etc. It would have been because of the extreme sexual talk that went on. That's just not how I roll, even with close girlfriends,  and it would have made me feel really out of my element.  And I think Lydia even said that that was what was hard for her. So I wish the other ladies would have cut her a bit more slack. 

Now, done. That's the most I'VE ever defended Lydia and I don't want to do it ever again. I feel like I need a bath. 

I still don't believe Peggy isn't playing dumb. Still don't think Steve will ever marry Vicki. 

I zoned out during the stuff with Tamra and Sydney. I'll just never understand a mother not wanting to do anything and everything to make their child feel safe and secure in their relationship. No one is perfect, and I'm sure this issue has a lot of grey areas, but Tamra should never have made it part of her storyline. THAT'S what really bugs. She's using the unfortunate estrangement with her daughter and it makes me feel even dirtier than defending Lydia did. She sounds like such a child when she tries to make herself out to be the victim - "Sydney turned her back on me". SHE'S the child! YOU be the parent. Christ. 

Already knew about both splits, so not much to comment on there. It sucked seeing Shannon so hurt. I really hope she can get through this and be the fun, zany Shannon I originally loved on this show. I bet she and Kelly could have a lot of fun going out together. I just want the best for her and her girls. And Archie! 

• Love 18
10 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Meghan was no match for Lydia in that argument. It was kinda awesome to see.

Totally agree. I just don't get the Lydia hate. Is she a snowflake and a ding dong and not particularly entertaining? Yes. Is she malicious, hateful, and quick to spread lies and rumors like Tamra, Kelly and Vicki have been? No. She was being singled out at the reunion, so she was defending herself. What is she supposed to do, just sit there and let herself be criticized by the other hags? If I was in a situation where I was being picked on by 6 other people, I would come out with guns blazing, too. Same thing happened last reunion with Kelly. She was being ganged up mercilessly because it was her year to be hated.  She went in to defense mode. Everybody hated her for it. 

• Love 10

Hate to be a bitch.  Well, not really.  I am what I am, but, I’m really tired of hearing the Tamra/daughter crap.  Also, Shannon’s weight has been a topic all season, but, Vicki  looks like a linebacker.  No way that she hasn’t packed on some pounds.

I know! I would love for Andy to turn to Vicki and ask: "So what do you attribute your weight gain to?"  LOL

I noticed kind of a funny thing with the staging of this reunion, did anyone notice how in the single shots of Andy he was sitting with a fireplace behind him and the flames were framing him right over his shoulder?  Every time I saw it I thought "Satan Andy" and I wondered if he did that on purpose as a nod to the Satan joke.  

• Love 17

Psychics/mediums.  Lydia and Peggy are correct, there are several passages in the Bible that address this topic as contrary to God's word.  I would never want to get into a religious discussion here, as we all have a right to our beliefs...whatever they may be...but they have a right to their religious convictions based on the Christian bible.

Disclaimer:  My opinion.  

With that said, I think Meghan handled this poorly and Lydia is a walking/talking contradiction!  It's a delicate balance, to be strong in faith, but to live in a world that doesn't see each issue with the same lens.  (Like everything going on in this world...understatement of the century) Lydia and Peggy do not treat everyone with kindness, so they are not always walking the walk, IMHO.  I've said this in an earlier post, Meghan sees this situation as black and white.  Her position is that this made her psychic friends uncomfortable and perhaps saw it as bad press for them.  Lydia and Peggy were uncomfortable with the subject matter.  They all have a right to their individual opinions.  Meghan took that to mean that Lydia was not respecting their humanity or place in society, or equality... I found Meghan's reaction very odd, as if Lydia was treating her friends as beneath her.  Meghan felt bad for her buddies, I get that part of it.  What are we missing?  Editing monkeys at work again?  Neither Lydia or Meghan handled this discussion well.

No one is perfect.  I have my doubts that Lydia/Peggy understand this about themselves.  No, telling someone they are crazy to their face is not okay Lydia.  You chose to ridicule Shannon.  That's not kind.  You are embarrassed about discussing boobs but not a balls voyage party?!  Huh?  Not to mention how Lydia smirks for the camera after she yells.  Very telling.  I can't imagine mother Judy approves of this behavior Lydia!  Tsk. Tsk.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

This is heartbreaking listening to Shannon. Sounds like Tamra is her real friend and there for her. 

Yes.  And no.

I wanted to reach through my screen and squeeze Tamra's lips shut ala Peggy.

Shannon was doing what most of us wanted from her-acknowledging that she was miserable and making everyone around her miserable.  The screaming, over reactions, crying, all of it.

I really think Shannon "saw" her true reality this season and I also think she was honest about it.  And I also think it's hard to sit for a national audience and sincerely recognize that you are miserable and shrewish.  Most people can't do that in life period.

Why I wanted to shut Tamra up is because of her background comments while Shannon was talking about how bad she was.

Here's Shannon openly acknowledging her toxic behavior and Tamra's all "Yup.  You cried a lot.  Yup, you shrieked a lot.  Yup, you were miserable. "

Pour some salt into your friend's wounds why doncha ya.  That's not supportive, that's just piling on.

• Love 16
25 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

There is nothing in the Bible about trans, drag queens, etc. - so she doesn't know what she should think about it. It's just ridiculous, IMO

I am, by no means, an expert on The Bible. Is there mention of vasectomies? She seemed completely comfortable with that decision without having to consult Scripture.  Or maybe she got away with it because she kept referring to it as castration, which would be ok(?) or would Fire Marshall Doug need to be livestock? 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I thought all the women looked great. The make-up artist was a little heavy handed, but for Vicki's age-- and Tamra and Shannon as well, they look fantastic to me. any surgerNo one needs y, no one needs any nips and tucks. No one needs to lose weight. Please let's stop judging people on their looks, it's very damaging and eating disorders are a real thing.

They all have already had surgeries, nips and tucks. That ship has sailed. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, mytmo said:

Amazing that anyone else can sit on that couch with Lydia with that plank in her eye.  Funny how she misses a whole bunch of Bible teachings like using words to edify and lift up, humbleness and the whole love one another lesson.  The gospel according to Lydia - no thanks.

I don't know or care wtf the Bible says, personally I think Megan is right, how bout you think for yourself, not wtf some ancient book from thousands of years ago tells you. smh. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 13