Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

If I were Shannon's therapist, I'd tell her that going to dinner w/David every week is not healthy for her in terms of getting over him. She should drop the kids off and have them go to dinner w/Dad and then pick them up, w/o interacting w/David at all for at least a few months. 

She needs to go no-contact in order to get over him. 

I agree. I appreciate her attempts to maintain some normalcy and civility for the kids, but I don't think it's healthy for HER. If it were someone else, it might not work. But Shannon is just not enough of a confident, assured woman to handle that. I definitely agree that she needs MINIMAL contact with him for a long time, in order to move on. If she compliments her at dinner, smiles a certain way, she's going to read into it and get her heart broken over and over again. I would, honestly, be the same way. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 24

I wish Shannon could muster up the composure to not shed one tear for that bug eyed prick. Get a good lawyer, and get all you can from that douche.

Please let the rumors be true and the other bug eyed prick and the Armenian bitch are gone next season.

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

I don't think the Beador girls are in any danger of becoming the Curtain girls.  They seem to be very well rounded sweet kids.

For the now I agree with this. Unfortunately I have seen children watching their parents divorce that learn how to turn it into a contest. Dad gave me A. So then the Mom goes bigger and gets her a B. So on and so forth until they do become entitled brats and master manipulators. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

That's because it is the same designer (Tom Ford).  He has a whole line of these dresses in several different colors and even a couple of neckline and back options (cowl back, boatneck, jewel neck, etc).

Thanks for confirming—I sort of figured, especially after she talked about her Tom Ford shopping spree. Or maybe Diko saw it on RHOBH and gave her the suggestion.

4 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I hope he didn't drag his daughters into his nutfuckery, like he did last time with his wedding ring.  Prick.

I posit that he has—I think the new loaded BMW is part guilt gift, part slap in the face to Shannon’s suggestion that they get their daughter a used car.

30 minutes ago, FamilyVan said:

This is par for the course where they live, they can all stop the phony-shock sanctimonious act.  Didn't Lydia get not one, but TWO new cars for her birthday?  I am 100% certain that Maverick and Goose or whatever their names are will get equivalent cars when they can drive.  

Perfect. This made me laugh a lot :)

• Love 21

I couldn't watch this because it gives me bad urges! what will single Kelly look like? Pretty much like she does now I think with more drinking, partying, and less Jolie. 

Gretchen, if I remember right, said that Kelly's family dispwned her? And there was one site saying she hadn't spoken to her mom/brother since the announcement she filed. I think Kelly has mentally been out a long time ago and the title of mom really doesnt mean much to her IMO.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Totally agree. I just don't get the Lydia hate. Is she a snowflake and a ding dong and not particularly entertaining? Yes. Is she malicious, hateful, and quick to spread lies and rumors like Tamra, Kelly and Vicki have been? No. She was being singled out at the reunion, so she was defending herself. What is she supposed to do, just sit there and let herself be criticized by the other hags? If I was in a situation where I was being picked on by 6 other people, I would come out with guns blazing, too. Same thing happened last reunion with Kelly. She was being ganged up mercilessly because it was her year to be hated.  She went in to defense mode. Everybody hated her for it. 

14 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

...Meghan was no match for Lydia in that argument. It was kinda awesome to see.

Lydia bugs in a few areas for sure.  If I hear her talk about her husband's balls one more time, I'm gonna scream.   I think she is hypocritical and sanctimonius at times (aren't we all), and I think she needs to revisit her strategy for dealing with people and situations that make her feel uncomfortable - not ony in general, but especially for a show like this.   I also think she did some pot-stirring this season, but thank goodness 'cause the show needed a little drama.  Vicki-bashing has been going on for too long.  Time to move on already.

Anyway, what I walked away with from watching her defend herself against Shannon and Megan is that Lydia out-argued both and I think I saw Shannon in a new light. 

IMO, Shannon takes the same approach with the other women on the show that she does with David.  If she is polite and well-manicured, and pretty, everyone will be happy with her, but when that doesn't happen, she can't cope.  Probably her biggest problem is that she doesn't listen.  She hears the words, but she's not capable of listening to what they mean.  She hears them against her own insecurities and paranoia and how she wants things to be.  I think part of this is just how Shannon is, but I also think some of it is exacerbated by the stress she's been experiencing with David for what has likely been years.  Case in point is that she and David  interpreted the amount of happiness in their marriage as differently as night and day.   She hears what she wants to hear which leads to major misinterpretation which in turn leads to overreaction. 

Another example is Shannon’s tweet they showed during the reunion which implied Lydia is a homophobic.   Had Shannon (and Megan) truly listened to Lydia, and if they had truly made an effort to get to know her, Shannon would know better.  Another example is how she said viewer's took her comment about her weight "being Vicki" out of context.  As Andy pointed out, she has said the weight came on because of Vicki a few times.  We didn't take anything out of context.  She said it.  Related, Kelly is the one who brought the comment about David to the public - not Vicki, yet she's buds with Kelly.  Shannon wants what she wants, when she wants it and when that doesn't happen, she spins it around to land in the laps of others. 

I'm not the biggest Lydia fan (and I'm not an ounce religious) but I think she has been unfairly judged by Shannon - who I feel is a bit emotionally wobbly.  Not quite unstable but she's on a balancing beam and she wavers often. 

I generally like Shannon and for a long time, I hoped for more from her, but I'm not sure it will materialize.  All of the above combined with her continued friendship with Tamra given how Tamra insists on talking about her daughter on the show and the tweet about Lydia kinda did me in.  She ain't all that.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, Jextella said:

MO, Shannon takes the same approach with the other women on the show that she does with David.  If she is polite and well-manicured, and pretty, everyone will be happy with her, but when that doesn't happen, she can't cope.  Probably her biggest problem is that she doesn't listen.  She hears the words, but she's not capable of listening to what they mean.  She hears them against her own insecurities and paranoia.  I think part of this is just how Shannon is, but I also think some of it is exacerbated by the stress she's been experiencing for a while with David.  Case in point is that she and David  interpreted the amount of happiness in their marriage as differently as night and day.   She hears what she wants to hear which leads to major misinterpretation which in turn leads to overreaction. 

This. I really like Shannon, but she must be exhausting to live with. Not that I am giving David a pass, I think he exploited her insecurities for years. They did a montage of her in one of the last couple of episodes talking smack about every new howife that got added to the cast. 

I agree with the poster upthread who said that Sunday dinners are not a good idea right now. Maybe down the road. Shannon is too raw and it must sink the knife in deeper every time they go out on Sunday. Shannon should cease all direct contact with David for now. 

I don't know why but I just cannot stand Lydia. Maybe it's the sing song sanctimonious crap she spews. I suspect she became a Christian because her mom is  batshit crazy and religion gives her stability. But I hate women like her who are all love and kisses and happy and unicorns, all the while they are dissing you. She's also super passive aggressive. 

• Love 19
36 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Another example is Shannon’s tweet they showed which implied Lydia is a homophobic.   Had Shannon (and Megan) truly listened to Lydia, and if they had truly made an effort to get to know her, Shannon would know better.  Another example is how she said viewer's took her comment about her weight "being Vicki" out of context.  As Andy pointed out, she has said the weight came on because of Vicki a few times.  We didn't misconstrue anything.  She said it.  Related, Kelly is the one who brought the comment about David to the public - not Vicki, yet she's buds with Kelly.  Shannon wants what she wants, when she wants it and when that doesn't happen, she spins it around to land in the lap of others. 

I'm not the biggest Lydia fan (and I'm not an ounce religious) but I think she has been unfairly judged by Shannon - who I feel is a bit emotionally wobbly.  Not quite unstable but she's on a balancing beam and she wavers frequently. 

Agreed. Shannon and Meghan are never happier than when they are in a gang, self-righteously pointing out the flaws in the people around them.  If you even THINK about doing the same to them, they crumble. Meghan burst into tears on that hike with Lydia a few episodes back when Lydia dared to disagree about whatever judgmental thing Meghan was pointing out about someone else - I think it was when Kelly reminded Meghan that Meghan had commented on Kelly's marriage after Meghan got up in arms about Kelly commenting on hers. I'm tired of the Judgy Side of the Couch.  I'm honestly shocked at the vitriol toward Lydia, who I don't love but seems no less malicious than any of these shrews.

Shannon is insufferable. She puts her family on TV during the most delicate period of her marriage and wonders why it didn't help. Okay, honey.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Okay, let me get the superficial out of the way real quick - Shannon looks great! Keep it up, girl. Peggy and Tamra both benefited from chopping some of that hair off. Kelly looked like she should be dancing in a Deadwood Saloon circa 1878. And Megan was bringing me Khaleesi realness. 

Lol at Kelly at the Deadwood saloon. That dress was awful. I did like Meghan's look.

At the end when they were all walking backstage, once again they film Icki from behing looking like a linebacker. This woman cannot walk in heels. She also made Shannon's divorce all about her.

I did like Tamra's advice to Kelly, to not speak bad about Michael in front of Jolie. Hopefully Kelly will listen.

Rapey Ryan's ex already has a new boyfriend? 

• Love 10
33 minutes ago, VioletMarx said:

Agreed. Shannon and Meghan are never happier than when they are in a gang, self-righteously pointing out the flaws in the people around them.  If you even THINK about doing the same to them, they crumble. Meghan burst into tears on that hike with Lydia a few episodes back when Lydia dared to disagree about whatever judgmental thing Meghan was pointing out about someone else - I think it was when Kelly reminded Meghan that Meghan had commented on Kelly's marriage after Meghan got up in arms about Kelly commenting on hers. I'm tired of the Judgy Side of the Couch.  I'm honestly shocked at the vitriol toward Lydia, who I don't love but seems no less malicious than any of these shrews.

Shannon is insufferable. She puts her family on TV during the most delicate period of her marriage and wonders why it didn't help. Okay, honey.

Well said.  I was holding out hope for Shannon, but the 1st round of the reunion nudged me in the insufferable direction.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1

I was surprised how little I liked most of the ladies' dresses.  I couldn't see Lydia's through the ten bags of hair, but Shannon's was lovely and Meghan's looked pretty cool.  The cut of Kelly's dress just doesn't work with her breast size.  She's smaller, but not small enough for that.  I'm a DD, so I speak from experience.  I'd give anything for a cute set of B's.

I wasn't crazy about any of the makeup jobs, and that's on the makeup artists, not criticisms of their faces.  The eyeshadow was too dark and/or glittery/studded, and the lipstick a tad too pale.  It looked like the foundation was too pale for Meghan, too.  I'm a little concerned with Vicki's neck.  It truly looked like she had the mumps.  

6 hours ago, remmybrat said:

I find Lydia full of crap when she says the bible doesn't believe in psychics. The bible has many psychic predictions in it. The one about John the Baptist predicting the coming of Jesus comes to mind and I don't read the bible that much.

It looks like Tamra got a terribly bad face lift to me.

Lydia would believe that these are prophets, who received divine revelations.  She probably fears that psychics get their visions from the devil.  She said she believes them.  I think she probably follows a very literal interpretation of the bible.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

They all have already had surgeries, nips and tucks. That ship has sailed. 

Yeah, that's obvious. Sorry "no MORE nips and tucks." They look great, they can relax, enjoy their lives, and stop worrying about what people say about them and altering their bodies. In any case, to talk about someone else's body is just tacky. I'm guilty of it myself, but I realized how damaging it is, and just mean and small-minded it comes off, so I'm turning a new leaf. :)

• Love 2

Thing is I feel sorry for...David.  Shannon is such hard work and always was.  And she gets that accusatory look on her face if David ever does anything wrong.  Like buy non-organic milk.  Everything is a drama with her.  I don't dislike her at all.  But I can imagine marriage to her was really exhausting and at some point he had to want--really badly--to get off the roundabout.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I don't know or care wtf the Bible says, personally I think Megan is right, how bout you think for yourself, not wtf some ancient book from thousands of years ago tells you. smh. 

Except that Meghan, instead of thinking for herself, is following the life advice of her psychic.  

I get that Vicki telling Kelly about Shannon's marriage woes is bad.  However, it was Kelly who used that info in a argument on camera and made it public.  How what Vicki did is so unforgivable while Kelly gets a pass I never quite understood.  Do any of these ladies really think that Tamra is keeping their secrets?  I seriously cannot wait for the inevitable Tamra/Shannon fallout.  Talk about a hypocritical Christian....

• Love 9
13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I don't think that Tamra has made her relationship with her oldest daughter a primary plot point at all.  It has come up but it's never been her storyline in any season.  I don't think any of her children have been a storyline except for Ryan.  And given his age, he's been accepting of it.  Probably because of money or whatever.

There were at least two episodes devoted to Tamra going to that "erased parent" or whatever the hell meeting.   One episode for the lead up and meeting/speech and one episode where Tamra beefed at her mom for not showing up to the meeting.    Plus many fake crying scenes of Tamra reflecting on being "erased".  

Other than that, did Tamra have a story line this season?   She worked out a few times with Eddie and was mad at Vicki for calling him gay, but did not have much of a story line of her own.   So, in my mind the "erased parent" stuff was part of her story line. 

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 8

I wish Shannon could muster up the composure to not shed one tear for that bug eyed prick. Get a good lawyer, and get all you can from that douche.

Isn't most of the money in their family Shannon's family money? Am I remembering that correctly from the first season? I thought Shannon's family was very wealthy and she grew up that way. I thought that was some of the source of the strain with her and David in that early season. She had the money and maybe his construction company wasn't doing great? I may be totally misremembering all of this. I hope she has an ironclad prenup if she had a lot of money going in if she had family money.

I get that she's a lot of work and could have a little sympathy for David if I didn't think that he stuck around because of the money. He's clearly been bitterly unhappy for years and has chosen to stay up until now, so that's on him. Shannon, pretty unrealistically and stupidly I think, still thought they could somehow get back to the time they were in love (he said two months, but I'm wondering if it was even that) so she wanted to work on things. But David has not wanted to be there for years.

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I legit can't name any of Tamra's children other than Ryan and Sydney so apparently Tamra has no problem keeping her other kids name out of her mouth on the show. I am glad she acknowledged she was wrong in posting the picture from Sydney's graduation. 

Why the fuck is Peggy on the show. And Lydia can go fuck herself.

Maybe someone more on top of these things than I can weigh in on the Barney kid's ages. I'm pretty sure Tamra only talks about Sydney because she's over 18 and the other kids are still under whatever the court ordered re the kids so Tammy Sue can't use them without Simon legally coming down on her. That in my mind that makes Tamra's actions more egregious. She does it because she legally can and she needs the storyline and the money it brings in.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Vicki’s birthday party dress great flashback  :  backfat, pooch highlighting, body con Saran Wrap shininess vision how nice to see that little number again hahahaha why Vicks why!?? 

Vicki: Uh.....hellooooo.....it's my birthday......

tumblr_ow64r6s7to1vrjwbvo3_500.gif

Bueller Bueller

giphy.gif

I for one like Vicki for the show...she provides plenty of snarkalicious moments

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

I thought that was some of the source of the strain with her and David in that early season. She had the money and maybe his construction company wasn't doing great? I may be totally misremembering all of this. I hope she has an ironclad prenup if she had a lot of money going in if she had family money.

I've always wondered about David's work because he never seems to be working. CA highway contracts will make you rich but we never see anything about this. Shannon grew up privileged but that doesn't mean she has wealth. How much they do they really have?

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

Isn't most of the money in their family Shannon's family money? Am I remembering that correctly from the first season? I thought Shannon's family was very wealthy and she grew up that way. I thought that was some of the source of the strain with her and David in that early season. She had the money and maybe his construction company wasn't doing great? I may be totally misremembering all of this. I hope she has an ironclad prenup if she had a lot of money going in if she had family money.

I get that she's a lot of work and could have a little sympathy for David if I didn't think that he stuck around because of the money. He's clearly been bitterly unhappy for years and has chosen to stay up until now, so that's on him. Shannon, pretty unrealistically and stupidly I think, still thought they could somehow get back to the time they were in love (he said two months, but I'm wondering if it was even that) so she wanted to work on things. But David has not wanted to be there for years.

Shannon's family was wealthy.  They had nothing to do with financing David's construction company.  The company is doing fine.  Shannon's family money has nothing to do with David's success.

Shannon said recently she is looking for investors for her restaurant as her husband has pulled out financial support.  

I don't think David has much of a happy place.  I also think he is very sarcastic and bitter and says things to Shannon designed to inflict maximum hurt.  To me, Shannon needs to stop making life so easy for him-she has her daughters full time and then they drop what they are doing to have Sunday night dinner with David.  I am curious how much time he sets aside for the girls-between his work schedule and Ironman training it doesn't seem like there is much time for the family and hasn't been for awhile.

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I've always wondered about David's work because he never seems to be working. CA highway contracts will make you rich but we never see anything about this. Shannon grew up privileged but that doesn't mean she has wealth. How much they do they really have?

Google stated she had around 20 million when she came into the show and David's construction company brought in 13 million per year. These numbers are from 2016. They might have less now but the equity built into the sale of her last home needs to be factored in as well.  If that money was an inheritance from her family there might be a trust in play or a prenup. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Teddybear said:

What on earth did Peggy do to her face??  I've gotten used to seeing nips/tucks on the HW's (especially these women) but she looks almost unrecognizable to me.    

I wasn't looking at her face. Peggy did something to her Armenian Mullet, it morphed into Jiffy Pop Head. I was waiting for someone to create a part so that the ladies could snack on some popcorn

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I admired Meghan for keeping her cool with Lydia's very aggressive response to her. Megan started to mildly comment (I thought) about something Lydia had done and Lydia was right away "You're coming for me now" or something like that. Meghan looked startled and then every time she started to talk Lydia jumped in a way that was clearly meant to rattle Meghan. Meghan starts again "I'm trying to say..." and Lydia interrupts again with a very aggressive "What are you trying to say!?" before Meghan can even complete her thought. She was hoping Meghan would go off like Shannon does and then she could call her crazy, or unstable, etc. 

I think Megan did pretty well in her discussion with Lydia. She exposed Lydia for exactly what she is, kept her talking to continue to expose her, and then gave up when she realized nothing was ever going to change with Lydia. Lydia - for those of us who find Tamra too kind and demure.

• Love 15

The bad makeup on the ladies at the reunion, is not unique for Orange County. It happens across the franchise. I’m blaming the makeup artists hired – especially for all of these shows that have been on for more than a year, each year the show is on they can “afford” better makeup artists. The main issue was the foundation. A professional makeup artist, knows that you use different types of base depending on the event and lighting. What was used on these ladies was foundation fit for a photo shoot. Heavy matte foundation is used in photo shoots because of the bright lighting, the foundation absorbs the light and the finished photo has the model looking clean and smooth.

If any of you get a chance, look at Tamra’s eyebrows. It is a horrible color and whoever stenciled them did a bad job.

It was like watching seven cow patties baking in the sun.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

An excuse I'd imagine every cheating sack of shit has tried to fly past someone to justify their transgressions.  Get off the roundabout - THEN stick your dick in some strange.

Exactly. I DO think Shannon was likely very exhausting to be married to. But he could have easily left and gone off and noshed on his potato chips in silence. He chose to stay every bit as much as she did. 

• Love 22
22 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

The bad makeup on the ladies at the reunion, is not unique for Orange County. It happens across the franchise. I’m blaming the makeup artists hired – especially for all of these shows that have been on for more than a year, each year the show is on they can “afford” better makeup artists. The main issue was the foundation. A professional makeup artist, knows that you use different types of base depending on the event and lighting. What was used on these ladies was foundation fit for a photo shoot. Heavy matte foundation is used in photo shoots because of the bright lighting, the foundation absorbs the light and the finished photo has the model looking clean and smooth.

If any of you get a chance, look at Tamra’s eyebrows. It is a horrible color and whoever stenciled them did a bad job.

It was like watching seven cow patties baking in the sun.

I thought the eye makeup was horrible as well, particularly on Tamra and Lydia. (Mind you Lydia always looks like she is using a big eyed waif painting as her model). In fact no drag queen would be caught dead looking as bad as Lydia did at the reunion. Maybe she should contact one for advice. 

And WTH was up with Peggy's hair? It has looked awful all season, now it just looks ridiculous. Those in charge of hair for the reunion tapings must really hate her. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I thought the eye makeup was horrible as well, particularly on Tamra and Lydia. (Mind you Lydia always looks like she is using a big eyed waif painting as her model). In fact no drag queen would be caught dead looking as bad as Lydia did at the reunion. Maybe she should contact one for advice. 

And WTH was up with Peggy's hair? It has looked awful all season, now it just looks ridiculous. Those in charge of hair for the reunion tapings must really hate her. 

Kudos to the poster who said a long time ago...they set the makeup gun to CLOWN.

Someone should break the news to Peggy. Bear does not shit in woods, bear took a shit on top of Peggy's head

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Almost 3000 said:

Maybe someone more on top of these things than I can weigh in on the Barney kid's ages. I'm pretty sure Tamra only talks about Sydney because she's over 18 and the other kids are still under whatever the court ordered re the kids so Tammy Sue can't use them without Simon legally coming down on her. That in my mind that makes Tamra's actions more egregious. She does it because she legally can and she needs the storyline and the money it brings in.

Spencer & Sophia.  (I kind of hate myself right now....)

• Love 9
6 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I don't know or care wtf the Bible says, personally I think Megan is right, how bout you think for yourself, not wtf some ancient book from thousands of years ago tells you. smh. 

It is ironic that Meghan is telling others "why don't you think for yourself" when she is basing her attacks against Lydia on events and offenses that never even happened (like Lydia supposedly treating gay people and psychics less than "equally"). I guess "thinking for yourself" is a euphemism from Meghan for just blatantly making stuff up. 

The Bible, like other religious texts, influences ideas about what constitutes "doing the right thing" on a big picture level. It's not like "the right thing" is an innate and unchanging concept. Values aren't even the same across cultures in terms of east vs west because historical influences including, yes, prevailing religious writings are different. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I agree about Lydia.  I don't think Lydia has ever had an independent thought in her body!  Batteries sold separately.

The bible provides spiritual guidance, just like the "golden rules" most of us live/try to live by, but where's her common sense?  

It's just like the Ancient Greek phrase, delivered most commonly in modern times by Ben Franklin, among others, we all have learned "God helps those who help themselves."   IMO, that is THE missing component from Lydia's toolbox.  Something tells me Lydia never understood this thought, and no, it's not the same as having to "earn" the favor of God.

The idea that we have our own brain/original thought is not mutually exclusive from a religious guidebook!  Meghan had a point, but she was also insulting Lydia.  Meghan has always been mechanical. Is that necessary as some sort of retaliation for making Meghan's friends feel bad?!  Meghan, you should also use your brain to figure that out. I don't agree Lydia was behaving in a judgemental manner in this case.  I do think, however, she was mean towards Shannon.  Lydia has no need to apologize about that but from where I sit she did not handle Shannon well.  Where was her compassion?  

I have to wonder what Lydia would have to say if Private Investigator Meghan King Edmonds did some digging and asked Lydia about her creeper, pedophile brother.  How come this was never brought to light?! 

BTW, Vanderpump mentioned Nicole Kidman was on the cover of a recent Beverly Hills Lifestyle magazine.  Lydia and Doug scored Diko/Peggy.  Hmmm.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, quaintirene said:

Thing is I feel sorry for...David.  Shannon is such hard work and always was.  And she gets that accusatory look on her face if David ever does anything wrong.  Like buy non-organic milk.  Everything is a drama with her.  I don't dislike her at all.  But I can imagine marriage to her was really exhausting and at some point he had to want--really badly--to get off the roundabout.

I don't know that I feel sorry for David, but I don't think it was just him.  The two together just didn't work.  50-50, IMO, and both tried in their own ways to keep it together.  David just got to the "cry uncle" point way sooner than Shannon. 

• Love 1

I have only two things to say.

One: The makeup artists must hate these women (or not know what they're doing) because the makeup on everyone (with the possible exception of Shannon) was horrible. These are not, for the most part, physically ugly women. The hair and makeup (especially the makeup) did nobody any favours.

Two: I must apologise to Peggy. I have been ragging on her all season for her failure to understand common English expressions and colloquialisms. And at this first installment, Andy asked about the meaning of "a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush." Only Vicki spoke up with the actual meaning. Tamra flailed around, trying to make some risqué joke -- please, Tamra, tell me you're not so dumb you don't know what that saying means. I know Tamra's no Mensa scholar, but really. Still, if no one knew that saying  -- and they all seemed surprised that Vicki was right --  maybe none of them should throw stones at Peggy and her "peanut gallery" or "why is he giving me coal?" So, Peggy, I apologise to you. Apparently everyone in this cast is semi-literate.

• Love 9

Lydia isn't a woman's woman, she just isn't. Oh sure she is there with a handy dandy whip it out prayer, as needed ,  but that's it. I think she's a frustrated woman, being with her no balls husband, is like being with a girlfriend without the fun..To me, Lydia is to phoney as Peggy is to bitch

34 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I don't know that I feel sorry for David, but I don't think it was just him.  The two together just didn't work.  50-50, IMO, and both tried in their own ways to keep it together.  David just got to the "cry uncle" point way sooner than Shannon. 

I dont feel sorry for David, and buying his 16 year old daughter a BMW, so out of touch, he's an idiot! 

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Lydia isn't an only child.  She has at least 2 brothers -- the pedophile and the one that was at the birthday party early this season. 

Lydia has one brother, the pedophile who attended her son's birthday. She also has a mother who is a stoner. But Lydia is fine having both law breakers (I believe her mother has been a stoner for years, and of course a pedophile is the lowest of the low)  around her children. But she rolls her eyes at David buying his daughter a BMW. Glass houses and all that, Lydiot. 

And as someone else has pointed out, a BMW for a 16 year old in OC would hardly be unusual. Likely more usual that a husband buying his wife two cars at once, as Douggie did for Lydia. Or at least that is what we were supposed to believe. Because nothing says "Christian" like bragging about one's (again, supposed) wealth. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 18
48 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

It is ironic that Meghan is telling others "why don't you think for yourself" when she is basing her attacks against Lydia on events and offenses that never even happened (like Lydia supposedly treating gay people and psychics less than "equally"). I guess "thinking for yourself" is a euphemism from Meghan for just blatantly making stuff up. 

The Bible, like other religious texts, influences ideas about what constitutes "doing the right thing" on a big picture level. It's not like "the right thing" is an innate and unchanging concept. Values aren't even the same across cultures in terms of east vs west because historical influences including, yes, prevailing religious writings are different. 

IMHO, If Meghan is going to aim at Lydia, don't accuse her of what you are doing yourself.  

As an earlier poster mentioned, in so many words, does using your brain include consulting psychics/mediums?!   Some people live by this guidance.  They are all forms of outside advice, so to speak, coming from different types of forms/vessels.  Same with therapy/psychology/self help gurus, often employed on these shows.  IMO, needing to consult with Siggy Flicker tells me you lack a brain.  Just saying.  Camille Grammar's season one medium buddy, remember her?!  With that said, disclaimer: I'm not knocking or disrespecting Psychiatry.  Nothing wrong with seeking outside advice, but, isn't that the same as not using your own brain?  I know plenty of people who couldn't function without smeone telling them what to think.

Didn't Tamra/Brianna/Gretchen, someone, accuse Vicky of allowing Brooks to tell her what to think?  I just remember lots of screeching over that during those seasons.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

This. I really like Shannon, but she must be exhausting to live with. Not that I am giving David a pass, I think he exploited her insecurities for years. They did a montage of her in one of the last couple of episodes talking smack about every new howife that got added to the cast. 

I agree with the poster upthread who said that Sunday dinners are not a good idea right now. Maybe down the road. Shannon is too raw and it must sink the knife in deeper every time they go out on Sunday. Shannon should cease all direct contact with David for now. 

I don't know why but I just cannot stand Lydia. Maybe it's the sing song sanctimonious crap she spews. I suspect she became a Christian because her mom is  batshit crazy and religion gives her stability. But I hate women like her who are all love and kisses and happy and unicorns, all the while they are dissing you. She's also super passive aggressive. 

I don’t get why the douchebag could not even finish a vacation in Hawaï with his family and yet he has to be included in family activities?

that is a no for me.

Yes, Shannon is a bit eccentric and imho has to take a break from the grey goose but that comment about only having a couple of happy months with her?

he is a deranged motherfucker and it is obvious that he delights into tormenting Shannon. I can’t stand the creep and I hope that Shannon takes him to the cleaners.  And then gets her groove back on!!!!

Just now, ghoulina said:

I think the difference here is that Megan doesn't ONLY consult with psychics. She does it sometimes, but she also draws her own conclusions about things. 

The way Lydia talked about the Bible and trans people, she isn't sure what to think unless the Bible tells her. THAT'S the difference. 

Lydia is a nasty spoiled  bitch. Hope she leaves again. 

11 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

IMHO, If Meghan is going to aim at Lydia, don't accuse her of what you are doing yourself.  

As an earlier poster mentioned, in so many words, does using your brain include consulting psychics/mediums?!   Some people live by this guidance.  They are all forms of outside advice, so to speak, coming from different types of forms/vessels.  Same with therapy/psychology/self help gurus, often employed on these shows.  IMO, needing to consult with Siggy Flicker tells me you lack a brain.  Just saying.  Camille Grammar's season one medium buddy, remember her?!  With that said, disclaimer: I'm not knocking or disrespecting Psychiatry.  Nothing wrong with seeking outside advice, but, isn't that the same as not using your own brain?  I know plenty of people who couldn't function without smeone telling them what to think.

Didn't Tamra/Brianna/Gretchen, someone, accuse Vicky of allowing Brooks to tell her what to think?  I just remember lots of screeching over that during those seasons.

Vicki was scared of brooks plus she hates being alone.

• Love 21