Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

That's horrible news about John McCain. I don't think there's any circumstance that really ever makes death easy to bear for those who are left behind to deal with the grief. But I hope that his decision to stop treatment will give his family some tiny bit of semblance of peace in the long term that he was a valiant fighter up until his death, giving cancer the middle finger on his way out. While the notion of imminent death is still scary, it at least gives the opportunity for him and his family to truly savour every moment with one another until day comes and I'm sure they will take all of those opportunities. Wish them the best in these times and beyond. 

• Love 9

As most of you probably know, I dislike Meghan with a passion. HOWEVER... the heart in me, being a daddy’s girl myself, breaks in half for Meghan and her family over this news. I know that him stopping treatment doesn’t mean he’s dying in 24 hours but, to me, it means the end is near and that’s just being honest. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 14
26 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Meghan released a lovely tribute to her father on Twitter:

Well if that didn’t shatter my cold dark heart into a million tiny pieces.??  My heartfelt condolences to his entire family and friends that love him dearly.?

• Love 16
47 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not me. Yes, it is sad that he passed away so quickly after refusing/stopping his treatment.

But that’s him. Meghan is another kettle of fish altogether. She is a nasty vile person. And I don’t believe she’ll “live up to his example, his expectations...” now that he’s gone because she certainly didn’t when he was alive.

And if that makes me a cold hearted mean and vile person, so be it.

35 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agree, GHScorpio. All I'll say is I feel sorry for her--and the rest of his family--in this moment of his passing, the same that I would for anyone going through that experience.

And I will make it three.   Her father's passing doesn't change who Meghan is.  If his death does have an impact on her and makes her reevaluate her beliefs then I will revist my opinion of her.  

• Love 19

John McCain has passed away. This is a sad day. That being said, this is still the Meghan McCain thread. Do not introduce politics into your discussions or get personal with your fellow posters. Posts have been removed and warnings will be issued for any further off topic posts. 

3 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Remember when Meghan recently petulantly said she hates "Crooked Hillary"?

Well, child, this is what class is, and this is what you should aspire to be.

She’s also expressed her disdain for Barack Obama, who kept it very classy in his response to John McCain’s death.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 20

I don't like Meghan, however, my heart does break for her on the loss of her Dad.  Having lost both my parents, I know how hard it is. Both the dread and fear of losing them, as well as the reality of living without them once they're gone.  If you've been lucky enough to have good parents, the pain of their loss never goes away, and though it gets easier, something as simple as a dream about them can instantly remind you of how much you still miss them.  Being in the public eye will make it a different experience for Meghan, than most of us, but not sure if it will be easier or harder, or just different.  

I'd never seen Meghan before she joined The View, so the only version I've seen is the one dealing with her father's serious illness and pending death. I wonder if now that the stress and fear of losing him is gone, if that will soften her personality, or if what we've seen so far, is who she really is.  I guess we'll see as time goes by.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I doubt we'll see any change in Meghan's personality, but knowing how close she was to her father I do feel bad for her. 

Same here, I too feel bad for her, but, I don't believe she will change because she lacks introspection. 

• Love 19

I wish and hope that Meghan, after watching all the tributes to her father, will understand what there is about him that everyone on both sides of the aisle loved and admired. And that she will strive to be more like him in compassion, humor, kindness and empathy. I am very liberal, but truly sorry for the loss of her father.

• Love 14

I have scoffed at Meghan's claim that she is a "military brat," given that she was born many years after her father left the service. I still don't think she can make that claim; she wasn't raised in 10 different places due to a parent's deployment, as so many children of service members are.

But, wow, she really is from a military family. Her grandfather and her great-grandfather were both Admirals, and her grandfather was commander of all U.S. forces in the Vietnam theater from 1968 to 1972 (thanks Wikipedia!). Her great-grandfather was a big deal during WWII in the South Pacific, serving as a contemporary of Admiral Halsey. I know it's her heritage, and nothing she herself has earned, but gotta give the McCain family their due. That is a military family on steroids.

I did laugh at reading several descriptions of Meghan in articles this weekend as a "television personality" and "blogger." Not exactly "political commentator," which is her claim and aspiration.

• Love 5

Interesting to see someone like Lisa, who thankfully never had the displeasure to work with her, mentioned her directly.

8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Interesting that Joy tweeted a statement calling the Senator a hero with no mention of Meghan, and, as far as I can tell, Sara has said nothing.

I'm sure Joy--and the viewers--will be getting a heavy dose of her on the premiere of The Meghan McCain Show as it is, whether they want to or not. I'm glad Sara has moved on to a better workplace and doesn't have to think about this rude, disgusting woman at all anymore.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 18

If I wasn't aware that John McCain was the father to seven children, I would swear Meghan was his only child.  Most photos run by media outlets only show her front and center.  She is a fame whore and I will be interested to see how she positions herself at the upcoming services this week.  If one of his children delivers a eulogy, I wonder if it will be given by one of the other siblings or if she'll seize the moment.  I can only imagine what her other siblings, particularly the three older kids from his first marriage, really think of her.

Next Tuesday should be interesting.  I predict she will return to debut The Meghan McCain Show and viewers are in store for each and every guest for the entire season offering their sympathies and praise for her deceased father.  She will feel the need to mention her father, his disease and his passing on each and every show.

Don't want to sound nasty but I just know that's how it's going to play out.  The passing of her father couldn't have happened at a more convenient time as far as her position on The View goes.

• Love 17

I honestly feel horrible for MM, and I don't see how she can return to work anytime soon.  We can say what we want about her stage presence, but there can be no doubt in anyone mind that she was daddy's girl and her heart is shattered now.  Signed, a daddy's girl, who's daddy is in heaven.  

• Love 11

By the time The View returns, the Senator will have been dead for about 2 weeks.  In the real world people who have suffered the loss of a family member would probably be returning to work by then, so, I would think there’s a good chance Meghan will be back when the show returns. I’m sure her coworkers won’t be looking forward to it, though.

• Love 9

I don't think MM will return for the Fall debut show because it would be too sad/a downer.

I also think that MM will return later in order to have a significant portion of the show, if not all, devoted to HER, her dad, her family, etc.  

I may be cynical, but I think her waterworks will be ratings gold, so ABC may want to up the suspense about when she is returning.  I also think that MM is that self-centered. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

By the time The View returns, the Senator will have been dead for about 2 weeks.  In the real world people who have suffered the loss of a family member would probably be returning to work by then, so, I would think there’s a good chance Meghan will be back when the show returns. I’m sure her coworkers won’t be looking forward to it, though.

I hear ya, but hers is a different kind of job, they talk about politics, they will talk about her dad.  I can't see her not breaking down.  Two weeks is nothing, and by the time they get all the pomp and circumstance out of the way, it will still be too fresh.  I'm giving it a 10% chance she will be there Sept 4.

ETA:  After reading the list of memorials and such, I'm now giving it a 0% chance she will be there on the 4th.  He isn't being buried until Sunday.  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 10

I'll be really surprised if Meghan is back for the September 4th show. McCain won't be buried until Sept. 2 in a private ceremony at the Naval Academy Cemetery. That would require her to hop on a plane the next day to be in NYC in time for the show on Tuesday. I assume she may want one or two nights with her family after the funeral service is concluded. I would guess she'd be back as early as the Wednesday but I also wouldn't be surprised if she took the full week and came back the following Monday instead.

I assume she must have siblings who still live in Arizona, close enough to home that they can be a source of comfort for their mom as she gets used to living on her own (assuming that they have no children living with them right now).

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Interesting that Joy tweeted a statement calling the Senator a hero with no mention of Meghan, and, as far as I can tell, Sara has said nothing.

Why should Sara have to?  I didnt hear Joys stmt but they probably also had a story of a heroic deed....nothing to do with MM, other than familial condolences.

Unlesssss.... theres a No Tweet asundry rule and we're out of the loop. In all scenarios, i cant see where  any of it would to do with Sara

• Love 2

I highly doubt MMM will be back on the show for the 9/4 start-up.  After all the high emotion of this week and JM's burial on 9/2, I'd think she'd want some recovery time just to get herself together.  She'll be pretty raw for a while.  It'll be interesting to hear her thoughts with all the ups and downs (no pun intended) of this week, and that's probably the only time I'd use that sentence with regard to MMM.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

If I wasn't aware that John McCain was the father to seven children, I would swear Meghan was his only child.  Most photos run by media outlets only show her front and center.  She is a fame whore and I will be interested to see how she positions herself at the upcoming services this week.  If one of his children delivers a eulogy, I wonder if it will be given by one of the other siblings or if she'll seize the moment.  I can only imagine what her other siblings, particularly the three older kids from his first marriage, really think of her.

Couldn't agree more, especially with the bold. And it's for that reason I have no doubt she will be present on The View's premiere to make the whole hourweekmonthseason about herself.

• Love 13
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, Bronzedog said:

Friends and co-workers express condolences in ways other than twitter. 

Just because something wasn't tweeted, doesn't mean it wasn't said in some other way. 

I'm confused over people thinking she won't return to the show for a while.   Her dad had a terminal illness, the family knew he didn't have long to live.   Grieving often begins before the actual death, and don't most people return to work after a death in the family?   My experience is that people take a week off, possibly two. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, backformore said:

Friends and co-workers express condolences in ways other than twitter. 

Just because something wasn't tweeted, doesn't mean it wasn't said in some other way.

But you have to be seen expressing condolences!  (sarcasm)  People call, send cards or flowers.  I don’t get why people express condolences on these forums either.  Relatives of bereaved celebrities are not reading the forums.  

I totally agree with your point.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

But you have to be seen expressing condolences!  (sarcasm)  People call, send cards or flowers.  I don’t get why people express condolences on these forums either.  Relatives of bereaved celebrities are not reading the forums.  

I totally agree with your point.

It's literally the least they could do while appearing to do something.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, backformore said:

I'm confused over people thinking she won't return to the show for a while.   Her dad had a terminal illness, the family knew he didn't have long to live.   Grieving often begins before the actual death, and don't most people return to work after a death in the family?   My experience is that people take a week off, possibly two. 

There is SO much to do after a death of a "regular person." Deciding what to donate, who gets what of their belongings, propping each other up emotionally, dealing with their estate .... it's exhausting and highly emotional. I can't imagine what it must be like to have the loose ends involved in the life of a lifelong public figure to deal with.

Every family grieves differently. Meghan may very well be at the table next Tuesday.

But the family isn't "done" after the funeral. There is a lot to take care of both emotionally and practically.

• Love 11