Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

The fact that she's connected to someone in the administration explains A LOT of what's went on this season. There's no way I'll believe her blatant attempts to smear ABC, The View, and/or Joy intermittently (and again online via her husband at The Federalist) weren't done in coordination with someone else. Disturbing.

• Love 18
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I had never heard anything about Meggy's father-in-law till she mentioned that he's in the administration, so I had to look him up.  He's Douglas Domenech, Assistant United States Secretary of the Interior for Insular Areas.

https://www.doi.gov/oia/who-we-are/dwd-bio

Ouch!  That slams on the brakes for me...I've been a proponent of ditching Ryan Zinke as Sec. of the Dept. of the Interior, but it looks like this dude might get considered as his replacement if Zinke were to go.  Can't have that!  Not only would it make MMM even more insufferable, but the roots of hubby dearest's conservatism might just stem from his papa, which means he might be a further danger to the management and conservation of our federal lands and natural resources.

Interesting too, that Domenech's family is from Puerto Rico and he was nominated and confirmed just days after Hurricane Irma hit Puerto Rico.  Lot of good he did for his homeland - NOT.

• Love 11
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:25 PM, Haleth said:

I feel the owner of a name can pronounce it any way he/she wants. 

Absolutely, but the show intro says Meghan as do her co-hosts.  She's the only one I've heard pronounce it May-gun.

I think MM is deplorable - especially trying to make a name for herself at the expense of her father. She is causing all kinds of bad publicity for him when she should be supporting his recovery/last days and ruining his reputation. Regardless of what one thinks of him. Too much PR. While she is accepting awards and fighting with people rather than leaving him in peace.

• Love 14

I saw a documentary about Native Americans today and thought about MM's use of the term "tribe" ad nauseum to describe her political party. 

Don't you think Native Americans are pissed off about this (by her and others)? 

And MM doesn't have a clue. Nor will she concede the term because white people privilege.

• Love 12
On 7/2/2018 at 12:55 PM, Tosia said:

I saw a documentary about Native Americans today and thought about MM's use of the term "tribe" ad nauseum to describe her political party. 

Don't you think Native Americans are pissed off about this (by her and others)? 

And MM doesn't have a clue. Nor will she concede the term because white people privilege.

That is what I have been saying too!

Who new my brother would catch the show on his lunch break.  He and his guys/gals electricians were commenting on how dangerous/stupid it is for her to announce exactly where she keeps her guns.

• Love 7
On 6/30/2018 at 6:36 PM, ginger90 said:

I guess no one told Ms. McCain that Austin, Texas is the most liberal city in the state of Texas... very gay friendly, very bohemain/artistic.. and the next hot spot for tech companies.  I think either she's really that ignorant, or she wants to milk some sort of victim routine as the lone conservative in a liberal city.

• Love 8

Megan’s husband made a fool out himself again....

They were tearing him a new one on Twitter over the weekend.  

One would think that he would know better since his daddy works for the stable genius and he’s married to a woman that has been in politics since she was in the womb!

• Love 11

And she thinks that looks pretty in braids, so fuck appropriation.  

This woman is seriously delusional,  and even worse, incredibly ill-mannered enough to give herself compliments in public, brag about traits that she doesn't have, contradict her own behavior ("I never want to be unkind...."), interrupt others, talk over others, insult them frequently, and think that it's all ok because she would rather be strong than sweet. 

Entitlement rears its ugly  head on a daily basis.  

STFU, you know nothing. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Did you also know that she is an expert in Russian politics, she said so this morning on The View.  I spit coffee all over my poor senile shih tzu with that whopper. 

Maybe she can see Russia from her house!  ?

• Love 12

Hey RBM where do you still get off saying you are a size 12 or 14.  Honey you are a size 18 plus. Jesus! Just shut up. I could not get over how she was talking about how men just think she is Miss Sex Pot today.  Barf. 

• Love 7

Posts about John McCain have been removed. If he was not discussed on the show or did not make an appearance on the show, he is never a topic here. When you type your posts, there is a large goldenrod-colored post right above the area where you type. Read the words there. Moving forward, all mentions of John McCain, a man who does not appear on the show or was not discussed on the show, will result in a warning. 

(edited)

Meghan of course interpreted Sherri's comments wrong (and God bless Sherri not only for saying them, but for being tactful). It's not that we all shouldn't take what's going on seriously. Joy takes it seriously, and I bet the rest of the panel does too.

But Meghan is so determined to be The Voice Of The Republican Party (TM) that she rarely lets herself just be Meghan. Look, girlfriend, no one cares about your wildly insane efforts to explain Trump's base to us. I would like to hear Meghan say, "This is how I feel," rather than screeching "It's exhaustttttting trying to explain this to youuuuuu!"

That's what Sherri meant by she needs to lighten up. Just be Meghan, not the spokesmodel/Professional Pimp of the GOP.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 22
(edited)

RBM just said she re-upped for next season on WWHL (Watch What Happens Live). She's here to stay for at least another season.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Oh no!!!  Say it isn't true!!!

Don't lose all hope just yet; remember that Jed also signed on for another season before she was booted for Meghan. So fingers crossed...

The Twitter spat with Soledad O'Brien is quite funny. Under Meghan's "grow up" response, every one is really giving it to her about how spoilt and entitled she (Meghan) is. On The View a few weeks back they were talking about how Twitter has changed its algorithm to hide the more critical and the nasty responses. The fact that they are all still front and centre on Meghan's post says a lot if so. She is of course furiously re-tweeting the few people who are supporting her.

• Love 12

Start watching at about 1:30 into this clip where RBM comments about the co-host speculation and that she'll be back next season. Thought some might like to hear it out of the horse's mouth while sporting that awful mane.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Start watching at about 1:30 into this clip where RBM comments about the co-host speculation and that she'll be back next season. Thought some might like to hear it out of the horse's mouth while sporting that awful mane.

Noooooooooooo!   This is terrible!  I had my party food all planned!  Fuck.  

• Love 8