Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Gross and so very unflattering.  Especially in the chestical area.  I would hardly find this depiction complimentary if I was her.   

Oh, you're talking about the cartoon! 

Because of the posting order, at first, I thought you were talking about the photo in the Variety article, which is what Haleth was referencing (below) and (at least in Variety) it's just a head shot (and a pretty one). 

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Those were lovely words Uncle Joe wrote.  The pic they used is beautiful too.

Of course any sympathy I have for Meghan will be erased on Monday.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, General Days said:

Oh, you're talking about the cartoon! 

Because of the posting order, at first, I thought you were talking about the photo in the Variety article, which is what Haleth was referencing (below) and (at least in Variety) it's just a head shot (and a pretty one). 

Oh yes, I was for sure speaking about the cartoon pic.  If I misquoted or misunderstood, my apologies.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Oh yes, I was for sure speaking about the cartoon pic.  If I misquoted or misunderstood, my apologies.

No, you did everything fine. It was my brain at fault.

Haleth posted about the Variety article, including that photo, and then you posted about the cartoon right after. I had looked at the Variety piece earlier, and couldn't remember a bust shot, so I went back and looked again, then I realized I was conflating your post and Haleth's. In other words, I just mushed the subjects together in my head. 

20 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I love Joe, but...??????

I, too, love Joe, but find his comments interesting in that he only references The Eulogy and doesn't offer any other accomplishments she has achieved during her so-called career (perhaps it's because there is nothing to offer).  It appears her claim to fame will be her reaction to her father's illness and death.  Having Variety include her in their 50 People of Power of New York is only going to make her more insufferable.  I am dreading next week as it's quite obvious it's going to be all about her and her never-ending grief.  If they mention the article, I'm betting she will have to comment about how shocking it is to be included in a list of powerful New Yorkers, since she's a Republican. The other co-hosts should be given the week off as there won't be any need for them to be present.  

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

The other co-hosts should be given the week off as there won't be any need for them to be present.  

I agree, spare Joy and Sunny having to deal with the wannabe-star. Abby will be fine by herself, since she was hired to be Meh-gun's sycophant anyway.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Having Variety include her in their 50 People of Power of New York is only going to make her more insufferable.

Oh for fuck's sake.  I don't think Meghan is "powerful".  She might have some clout right now because of being the daughter of recently deceased politician but does that equal power?  I don't think so.  I actually think she was in a better position when her dad was alive.  People might  have been trying to gain influence through her because of her dad.

The rest of her siblings all seemed to have forged a life for themselves without labeling themselves John McCain's child.  Without her dad Meghan would have been irrelevant.  As it is now she is still irrelevant.  She might be famous but IMO she has zero relevance.

• Love 16

The thing that annoys me most about her tweet isn't the completely weird picture, which she apparently likes. But it's that she says she's "getting back on the horse." The whole phrase is "getting back on the horse that threw you," or in other words, going back for another try at a task that defeated you the first time (or multiple times).

It's probably just because she's MalapropMeghan and is using words she thinks are correct, but are not.

In the unlikely scenario that she means what she is saying, it implies that The View defeated her? That The View is the reason she has been on hiatus?

The View didn't have anything to do with the death of your dad, Meghan, and has been unwaveringly supportive of you - before, during, and after. If you truly feel defeated by the show, you're more a snowflake than originally thought.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

The thing that annoys me most about her tweet isn't the completely weird picture, which she apparently likes. But it's that she says she's "getting back on the horse." The whole phrase is "getting back on the horse that threw you," or in other words, going back for another try at a task that defeated you the first time (or multiple times).

It's probably just because she's MalapropMeghan and is using words she thinks are correct, but are not.

In the unlikely scenario that she means what she is saying, it implies that The View defeated her? That The View is the reason she has been on hiatus?

The View didn't have anything to do with the death of your dad, Meghan, and has been unwaveringly supportive of you - before, during, and after. If you truly feel defeated by the show, you're more a snowflake than originally thought.

I think she probably means getting on with her life is the horse that threw her.

I mean that, and she is MalapropMeg. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, General Days said:

I think she probably means getting on with her life is the horse that threw her.

I mean that, and she is MalapropMeg. 

I agree, the horse is her life.

We need Saturday Night Live to start making sketches for The View again like they did with Kenan Thompson as Whoopi and Fred Armisen as Joy.  If they did an updated version and Meghan saw her personality mocked on national TV, her head would explode and we would be done with her.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, fatewemake said:

We need Saturday Night Live to start making sketches for The View again like they did with Kenan Thompson as Whoopi and Fred Armisen as Joy.  If they did an updated version and Meghan saw her personality mocked on national TV, her head would explode and we would be done with her.

I know what you mean, but that would not work right now. The woman's father just died from a horrible form of cancer. She gave a stirring eulogy. I think a parody like that would need to steep for a while. 

• Love 2
On 10/2/2018 at 2:57 AM, fatewemake said:

She uses this picture, but acts like any discussion of sex is inappropriate. #confused

Plus, I don't think she has "earned" that picture after taking 5 weeks off and needing to be encouraged to go back to the job she was hired to do.

I cant get the pic to come up.  Which is it?

OK WEIRD.....my tablet just went gray and fuzzy and there were a couple pics.  One was of MM standing between two older men.  I think it was in black and white.  Then it all faded out and the message board was back. So who went Harry Potter on me, and you must to me oh wise one heh seriously now.  Thx

Edited by Tammee
Weirdness
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Tammee said:

I cant get the pic to come up.  Which is it?

OK WEIRD.....my tablet just went gray and fuzzy and there were a couple pics.  One was of MM standing between two older men.  I think it was in black and white.  Then it all faded out and the message board was back. So who went Harry Potter on me, and you must to me oh wise one heh seriously now.  Thx

They're not talking about a photograph, Tammee. They're talking about a political cartoon of Meghan, that she tweeted out from her Twitter account. Here's the tweet: 

If for some reason, you can't see stuff on Twitter, here's a screen grab of the cartoon:

5bb65855db4ec_ScreenShot2018-10-04at2_11_11PM.thumb.png.dde3ace1df0a886ca162af837d5a93f3.png

On 10/2/2018 at 4:57 AM, fatewemake said:

She uses this picture, but acts like any discussion of sex is inappropriate. #confused

Plus, I don't think she has "earned" that picture after taking 5 weeks off and needing to be encouraged to go back to the job she was hired to do.

Certainly, I can't stand McCain, but I don't understand your comment about sex, Fatewemake. I mean, I know Meghan doesn't like to talk about sex on The View. What I don't understand your criticism in which you say, "She uses this picture, but acts like any discussion of sex is inappropriate. #confused"

What does that cartoon have to do with sex? She's dressed as a boxer. Is it because the cartoon is busty? If so, I mean Meghan is busty. That's just a fact. She's depicted as a busty woman, but it's not like she was given comic book torpedo tits. I don't understand where you're seeing conflict between, "I don't want to talk about sex on TV," and retweeting a cartoon that was clearly drawn as a tribute to her, and doesn't seem (to me) to sexualize or over-sexualize her. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, General Days said:

They're not talking about a photograph, Tammee. They're talking about a political cartoon of Meghan, that she tweeted out from her Twitter account. Here's the tweet: 

If for some reason, you can't see stuff on Twitter, here's a screen grab of the cartoon:

5bb65855db4ec_ScreenShot2018-10-04at2_11_11PM.thumb.png.dde3ace1df0a886ca162af837d5a93f3.png

Certainly, I can't stand McCain, but I don't understand your comment about sex, Fatewemake. I mean, I know Meghan doesn't like to talk about sex on The View. What I don't understand your criticism in which you say, "She uses this picture, but acts like any discussion of sex is inappropriate. #confused"

What does that cartoon have to do with sex? She's dressed as a boxer. Is it because the cartoon is busty? If so, I mean Meghan is busty. That's just a fact. She's depicted as a busty woman, but it's not like she was given comic book torpedo tits. I don't understand where you're seeing conflict between, "I don't want to talk about sex on TV," and retweeting a cartoon that was clearly drawn as a tribute to her, and doesn't seem (to me) to sexualize or over-sexualize her. 

Oh duh, got it. Thanks.  Just fyi though, I wasnt discussing sex at all. Another author can claim that one hah. Hmmmm OR are you asking about sex more rhetorically like if its female, it must always revolve around sex

• Love 1

Ok but how did those photos appear and disappear like that.  Did someone send me a file?  If so i need to plug that hole. It was just so bizarre

Ok nevermind, i found the pic a few pages forward.  Sorry for the shenanigans lol

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

Oh duh, got it. Thanks.  Just fyi though, I wasnt discussing sex at all. Another author can claim that one hah. Hmmmm OR are you asking about sex more rhetorically like if its female, it must always revolve around sex

I know you weren't talking about sex. If you go back to my post, you'll see that in that part of it, I was quoting and responding to @Fatewemake. I even used Fatewemake's name in my reply. 

• Love 1

My father died of a heart attack right after I turned 13.  I had a week off from school because my family had to sit "shiva" for a week.  That is Jewish mourning where you cover all the mirrors and wait for friends and relatives to visit you and bring food, etc.  After a week, I had to go back to school and had to mourn in private.  So forgive me for not feeling sorry for  MM.    She is one spoiled bitch.

• Love 14

Before I retired, every Sunday around 3pm, I would get this pit in my stomach and start dreading Monday.  That's kind of how I feel about Meghan's return.  Fortunately, unlike work, I can just turn Meghan off.  And, that's what I expect is gonna happen.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Before I retired, every Sunday around 3pm, I would get this pit in my stomach and start dreading Monday.  That's kind of how I feel about Meghan's return.  Fortunately, unlike work, I can just turn Meghan off.  And, that's what I expect is gonna happen.

For me it's 5 pm on Sundays.   It's that feeling of geez I wish I had appreciated the weekend more.  Well I wish I had appreciated Meghan's absence more. 

• Love 7

LOL - Sundays can be rough....from childhood - homework through jobs not loved.

I can't even imagine MM's return when one twitter she has posted since 8/25 has not been about her father. And prior to that she tweeted about all kinds of things - political and what she was doing and who she was seeing, or her husband.

Seems to me to be too soon to return.

• Love 3
On 10/4/2018 at 1:21 PM, General Days said:

I just said that because she is very uncomfortable talking about sex on The View, but she added a twitter photo where her testicles are hanging out.  Not just hanging out, but going from her crotch to the floor so they are hanging over a foot.  They are also massive in size to show she's got big cajones.  I'm pretty sure that it also shows a penis, but I'm not positive.  Sorry to be so graphic, but it helps with giving you an answer.  There could certainly be exceptions, but usually people that don't like talking about sex publicly also don't feel comfortable posting a public picture of their testicles hanging out especially when it's a cartoon of her and she wasn't born with testicles (I think).

Edited by fatewemake
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Fannysue said:

My father died of a heart attack right after I turned 13.  I had a week off from school because my family had to sit "shiva" for a week.  That is Jewish mourning where you cover all the mirrors and wait for friends and relatives to visit you and bring food, etc.  After a week, I had to go back to school and had to mourn in private.  So forgive me for not feeling sorry for  MM.    She is one spoiled bitch.

Im so sorry FannySue, thats such a heartbreaking loss.  I just lost my older sister in March. I still feel weird about it. Numb.  First person in my immediate family circle to pass. * shake it off Tam * again FannySue, Im sorry for your loss and experience

• Love 2
3 hours ago, fatewemake said:

I just said that because she is very uncomfortable talking about sex on The View, but she added a twitter photo where her testicles are hanging out.  Not just hanging out, but going from her crotch to the floor so they are hanging over a foot.  They are also massive in size to show she's got big cajones.  I'm pretty sure that it also shows a penis, but I'm not positive.  Sorry to be so graphic, but it helps with giving you an answer.  There could certainly be exceptions, but usually people that don't like talking about sex publicly also don't feel comfortable posting a public picture of their testicles hanging out especially when it's a cartoon of her and she wasn't born with testicles (I think).

I thought those were boxing gloves.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, bannana said:

I thought those were boxing gloves.

I think it is meant to be ambiguous so it isn't considered too dirty, but those other two objects don't look like boxing gloves to me. Anyway that's just my interpretation...  YMMV.

Edited by fatewemake
8 minutes ago, fatewemake said:

Maybe at a distance.  But, there is definitely more going on.  I guess that is partly true though because her second boxing glove is underneath (mostly hidden) all that "baggage",

I took a closer look and the thumb on the boxing glove does look like a penis, but I think it is meant to be boxing gloves and anything else is interpretation.  I cannot believe Meggie would have retweeted it if she thought it was!

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, bannana said:

I took a closer look and the thumb on the boxing glove does look like a penis, but I think it is meant to be boxing gloves and anything else is interpretation.  I cannot believe Meggie would have retweeted it if she thought it was!

Yes, I did change my post on that because I think it can be interpreted both ways.

• Love 2

Of course those are boxing gloves, why else would she be sitting in the corner of a boxing ring?  The one she is tying on says "DAD".  She's ready to put on the gloves and come out swinging.  And we all can't wait, right?  RIGHT?  <crickets>

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Of course those are boxing gloves, why else would she be sitting in the corner of a boxing ring?  The one she is tying on says "DAD".  She's ready to put on the gloves and come out swinging.  And we all can't wait, right?  RIGHT?  <crickets>

She really does think of herself like that.   That she is some sort of bad ass.  But from where I sit she is nothing but a partisan shill for her tribe. 

• Love 12

Thank you Blondie you nailed it, you always do. God, I dread her return Monday, but of course I am watching with bells on, I can always fast forward through her bullshit like I normally do. Oh crap, she is going to be glowing over the supreme court mess. Damn it. Joy is going to be in a straight jacket. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Damn it. Joy is going to be in a straight jacket. 

Unfortunately, we won't get to see Joy modeling her straight jacket.  She's off all next week. Yvette Nicole Brown will be guest co-hosting.  She mentioned an upcoming vacation the other day so I presume it's coincidental that it coincides with NutMeg's return.  

• Love 3
On 10/6/2018 at 6:31 AM, Haleth said:

What about the obviously red sneakers

On 10/5/2018 at 9:21 PM, fatewemake said:

Thanks everyone who reposted the cartoon.  I dont see anything testy either. Shes wearing a wrestling belt, shirt semi tucked in, shorts and pulling her gloves out, Dad tied tight on the left hand lol.  I guess the thumb of the other  glove could look phallic but i dont see anything in that

• Love 4
On 10/5/2018 at 11:21 PM, fatewemake said:

I only saw boxing gloves. In fact, even with the suggestion, I don't see genitals. I don't think the cartoonist meant to imply them, either. She has one glove on (which says "Dad" on the wrist-band) and she's lacing it up with the ungloved hand. The second glove is lying on the floor. If you look at the actual shorts, they're close-fitting on the legs and bottom. The colors are different. The shorts are red and match the shoes (but are shaded, because they would be in shadow from the way she is sitting). The gloves are brown. 

Thanks for answering though. Now I understand your post. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 1

Tonight was Bill Maher's anniversary special and one of the clips aired was Meghan's infamous dust-up with Paul Begala, where he disagrees with her and references Reagan and she responds, "I wasn't born yet," and Paul responds, "I wasn't alive during the French Revolution but I know about it."  I wonder if Bill watches The View and is as annoyed as many of us are with Meghan.  Maybe that clip was his gift to us.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, bannana said:

Did I hear correctly, did the woman from Power say they have 9 million viewers?  Is that even possible?

So I couldn't believe this and did some research and of course it is not true.  She said, as I recall, that it is the most viewed show and has 9 million viewers.  That's up in the Game of Thrones level of viewers.  Except that GOT has 3 million more.

• Love 6