Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Tosia said:

My thoughts exactly, Stacee!  

MM will be using her father's illness as an excuse for her despicable behavior FOREVER.  

I don't think she has/ will learn anything from his strength. 

Exactly, she is still trashing Obama, every chance she gets, despite the fact that her dad has gone on record to praise him..

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Exactly, she is still trashing Obama, every chance she gets, despite the fact that her dad has gone on record to praise him..

Well of course she hates Obama.  He prevented her from being First Daughter which I think she really believes was her due.

35 minutes ago, Tosia said:

MM will be using her father's illness as an excuse for her despicable behavior FOREVER.  

What was  her excuse before her father's illness?  But honestly before his illness anytime I saw her (which admittedly wasn't often)  she didn't seem like the vicious little viper she is now.  She was clearly out of her depth on Real Time but she wasn't nasty.

37 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I'm not a fan of his at all but he has went through some horrible things and survived but Meghan has been handed everything in life and doesn't seem to appreciate any of it.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Tosia said:

My thoughts exactly, Stacee!  

I’m sure it’s a very stressful situation for her & her family.  On the other hand, I’m betting she was a jerk before.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I’m betting she was a jerk before.

She was on CNN or some other network on election night ... man, maybe a decade ago? And she was snippy and unprofessional then. I think she snapped at someone who was off-camera while she was on-camera. Later she said she was sleep-deprived, but I've never forgotten it. I had a bad feeling about her when she joined the show, because of that, and she hasn't prove that feeling to be unfounded.

OTOH, I have great respect for her father's service, and I can't imagine the harridan from hell I'd be if someone had said what is being said about John while my father was dying. I would be in prison, seriously. I admire her restraint, and I hope every single person who is taking this opportunity to slam John McCain is fired from his or her job.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Well listen here RBM, how about you stop being so hateful and totally vile on The View and maybe we will believe ya?

The last four days have been ... different. I probably will never like Meghan, but the lack of stomping and screaming is a nice change.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

The last four days have been ... different. I probably will never like Meghan, but the lack of stomping and screaming is a nice change.

The thing is - if you’re going to be mean, you have to be clever and witty!  ?

• Love 7

I think Meghan secretly wants to be a Real Housewife.. and since she's married, why not audition to be on the NY version of it.  She keeps trying to start fights with the women on the View.. stir the pot, etc.  Maybe her agent should be looking at Bravo for her future career.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I think Meghan secretly wants to be a Real Housewife.. and since she's married, why not audition to be on the NY version of it.  She keeps trying to start fights with the women on the View.. stir the pot, etc.  Maybe her agent should be looking at Bravo for her future career.

I personally don't think she has it in her to be a Real Housewife.   She would be swimming with sharks and end up chum.  She seems to only be nasty to people she thinks won't fight back.

• Love 8

There was a sketch that last night on SNL that featured Aidy Bryant as Meghan McCain as a guest on Morning Joe. The two hosts would ask her questions and wouldn't give her the opportunity to speak. It was a dream come true. I hope that she doesn't use this as an excuse on Monday to take a shot at the show because of it. She's proven to lack a sense of a humor.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I would love to see her and Carole go at it.  Her head would be spinning.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, jonesingjay said:

There was a sketch that last night on SNL that featured Aidy Bryant as Meghan McCain as a guest on Morning Joe. The two hosts would ask her questions and wouldn't give her the opportunity to speak. It was a dream come true. I hope that she doesn't use this as an excuse on Monday to take a shot at the show because of it. She's proven to lack a sense of a humor.

There is a link at the Morning Joe forum. It is very funny.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, jonesingjay said:

She tweeted about it.  She seems to be taking it OK, but it was a pretty innocuous bit.  Nothing for her to bitch about.  

• Love 1
(edited)

LOL - from MMM's Twitter account:

Meghan McCain‏Verified account @MeghanMcCain May 16

Hahahaha - also, I believe I wear fur everything and khaleesi game of thrones braids all the time...

https://www.independent.ie/style/beauty/hair/get-the-game-of-thrones-look-how-to-diy-khaleesi-braids-35953552.html

THAT'S what she thinks she's going for with the braids???  Swing and a miss...

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 2

I think she has been influenced a great deal by her husband.  I googled to see if I could get a glimpse of her flag adorned home and see if she might be breaking flag code with napkins or cross stitched flag pillows.  The article is from when she lived in LA ( 2015) in a loft that she describes as Scarface meets Graceland. She fancied herself as quite edgy with a very modern unique kitchen counter,  her favorite thing in the loft. ( not the flag)  She finds taxidermy,  cow hides and Buddha figures edgy.  Color me surprised that she said she liked the energy of the people there.  I agree with the poster who thought the founding fathers art was a wedding gift... I bet there is not a Buddha or talisman  in sight in her present abode.  

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I think she has been influenced a great deal by her husband.  I googled to see if I could get a glimpse of her flag adorned home and see if she might be breaking flag code with napkins or cross stitched flag pillows.  The article is from when she lived in LA ( 2015) in a loft that she describes as Scarface meets Graceland. She fancied herself as quite edgy with a very modern unique kitchen counter,  her favorite thing in the loft. ( not the flag)  She finds taxidermy,  cow hides and Buddha figures edgy.  Color me surprised that she said she liked the energy of the people there.  I agree with the poster who thought the founding fathers art was a wedding gift... I bet there is not a Buddha or talisman  in sight in her present abode.  

You mean she wouldn't be able to find a red white and blue Buddha?  Or a gun toting Buddha?

• Love 11
On 5/25/2018 at 7:21 PM, blondiec0332 said:

Blah blah blah.

Is anyone even accusing her of being scared? I think the criticism is that she's inconsiderate. She doesn't get to dominate the conversation because she has a dissenting point of view from the rest of the women. That doesn't automatically award her the floor whenever she wants it. And being a panel discussion should be about hearing one another. She doesn't need to agree but the problem is that it never seems like she's listening to begin with. She says that she just wants people to understand her point of view, but she's asking others of something that she isn't willing to do herself. She has never successfully addressed a point that was raised counter to her opinion and when the discussion has already begun, she's unable to go with the flow of the conversation because her thoughts are deduced to poll numbers and scripted bullet points. She doesn't seem to have a single thought that isn't simply fed to her.

On the rare occasions that she agrees with the other women, she uses the term 'x is absolutely right' or 'x is 100% right'....it's a small but telling sign in her speech that she's equating their opinion as right and truth because she happens to agree with it. That is not someone who seems open to considering other perspectives but she wants others to do that when she speaks. There's nothing wrong with someone who loves their anthem and flag and would like to stand and salute. It doesn't mean that you're protesting those protesting by kneeling. You can support a cause without compromising your own personal values. However, there's something wrong when you think that others have to do the same and when they don't, that they are wrong for doing so.

• Love 12

On my phone, an article popped up that was titled "Meghan McCain take on Joy Behar on immigration." I'm not going to link it, because I don't want to give it hits.  But it was the strangest take on a recent show. 

How Meghan is "the voice of reason"  and "the one courageous woman to hold the only point of rationality in a room full of agitated ignorance."    And then there was the part where the others were giving their thoughts on immigration, while Meghan "sat in dignified silence through all the rantings, then spoke up and said 'I disagree with a lot of what everyone is saying.' she attempted to connect the dots of how we got to such a draconian zero tolerance policy, but she was essentially shouted down by the others." 

It was so opposite of what I saw, I almost thought it was a spoof.  

But no - it was from The Federalist - a site founded by Ben Domenech.  (Meghan's husband).

just thought I'd share.

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

On twitter she is complaining she is being called "whining, hysterical and a brat." No man would be called that. But hey -  she is, lol. But she thinks she is being "strong."

I can think of some men on TV that I'd call whiny hysterical brats too. 

• Love 15

Acting vile and screaming like a lunatic isn't what I'd associate with the word "strong." She's also wrong that men don't get called brats. I think there's a man she defends everyday that has been labeled all three of those words.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, maggiemae said:

On twitter she is complaining she is being called "whining, hysterical and a brat." No man would be called that. But hey -  she is, lol. But she thinks she is being "strong."

She also says she is surrounded by people who mostly disagree with her.  Yet, as we saw this week, no one was disagreeing with her, because no one could figure out WTF she was saying!  Joy even said that she didn't know that she disagreed with her because she was genuinely confused by the point Elsa was trying to make.  She should actually read a transcript of what she says.

I'm "whining", "hysterical", "a brat" - legitimately a curious if these labels and headlines would be directed at a strong man on television speaking his mind and being assertive. I'm a 33 year old woman on a show surrounded by people who mostly disagree with me. I'm STRONG

• Love 6
5 hours ago, maggiemae said:

If the shoe fits.  

• Love 4

Dear Megs,

Women who are truly strong, don’t have to tell people how strong they are, people just see it. And strong women don’t need their husbands to write articles telling people how strong they are, again, people will just know 

• Love 20
(edited)

Going by the news headlines, Meghan will be trotting out the family name for some more sympathy on Monday.

I hope they never hire somebody who is directly tied to current politics via their family members again, because it only ends up contaminating the show.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 15

I can disagree with a lot Meghan does but her love for her father probably the best thing about her. I can only imagine how hard it is to be for families who have to learn to cope and be strong for a sick family member. Must be hard balancing enjoying the time you have left with the realization that there is seemingly a deadline for how long that time is.

• Love 10

I just wonder, when oh when, will we hear those four magic words 'the tribe has spoken'  LOLOL.  Sorry couldnt resist, had to go there. Hahaha.  My apologies to all heeee.   Hmmm, another thought, maybe someone is saving it for her last day.  Hopefully Joy!!  Omg that would kickass!

• Love 10

Every time Meghan says her name she pronounces it - May gun - which is typically spelled Maegan.  But everyone else pronounces it Meg-un and she doesn't object.  Because I'm anal like that I want to know the proper pronunciation.  Maybe she's just being a maverick jr. by pronouncing her name differently.

(edited)

I do wonder if RBM would have been a different host had she never encountered her husband who seems to be coaching her and whatnot to "prep" her daily. She mentioned how they fought in the car once all the way some place and it made me wonder even more if he married her for who she is or what comes with her. She tries to present herself as this self assured person but comes across as not being that or really knowing where she is in life. 

I take the last part back.

Edited by Jaded
I was stupid and self edited
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I do wonder if RBM would have been a different host had she never encountered her husband who seems to be coaching her and whatnot to "prep" her daily. 

No. She was intellectually bankrupt years before she met him. That clip from Real Time as she tries to debate Paul Begala proves that.

19 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Shoot, I don't pity her.  It was her choice to become a political pundint on tv.

Neither do I. She’s a soulless, callous, privileged and entitled BITCH, who uses her father’s illness for pity and so people won’t push back, because it’s SO HARD for her and she’s SO BRAVE. As if she’s the only one who’s ever had a family member who had cancer.

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No. She was intellectually bankrupt years before she met him. That clip from Real Time as she tries to debate Paul Begala proves that.

Neither do I. She’s a soulless, callous, privileged and entitled BITCH, who uses her father’s illness for pity and so people won’t push back, because it’s SO HARD for her and she’s SO BRAVE. As if she’s the only one who’s ever had a family member who had cancer.

Plus, she feels that she has to lecture us about 45, his base and the Republican party.  She only speaks out against her team when it affects her personally, like, when someone made a callous joke about her father's illness.  She is also very nasty and disrespectful to her co-hosts. I hate the way that she treats Sunny and Joy.  

• Love 14
(edited)
10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Plus, she feels that she has to lecture us about 45, his base and the Republican party.  She only speaks out against her team when it affects her personally, like, when someone made a callous joke about her father's illness.  She is also very nasty and disrespectful to her co-hosts. I hate the way that she treats Sunny and Joy.  

I wish they would act the way she does in return, since ABC has apparently decided that behavior is okay. Maybe they just have too much class to get down in the garbage bin with her. I think Joy in general turns her nose up at these entitled brats who need their diapers changed, going by how she dealt with Raven Symone, who was very similar to McCain--hateful as hell, privileged since birth (or roundabout, in Raven's case), and mind-numbingly stupid.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13