Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I just want everyone to know that Sara actually liked this tweet LOL

Obsequious: obedient or attentive to an excessive or servile degree.

I would have to go back and watch but I know Sunny, Sara and Joy were not being ‘obsequious.’

Wouldn't be surprised if SE Cupp was misusing the word like her bestie Meghan. 

• Love 9

Pretty vile of S.E. Cupp to put down the show when she's been a frequent guest and got a heavy, heavy dose of sympathy when she came on to talk about coming back from some personal trial she'd had (exactly what it was escapes me at the time). Like Meghan, she's a pro-gay Republican who says she doesn't like Trump. Like Meghan, she often doesn't have the facts to back up her opinions.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

From CP's tweet:

"the toughest ? came from Sunny Hostin and Comey choked on it"

Can someone please refresh me? I can't remember Sunny's question to Comey

Sunny asked him why he didn’t also bring up the Russia investigation, with 45 possibly being in bed with them, when he “reopened” the Hillary emails found on Weiner’s laptop. Basically telling him she wasn’t happy with what he did, and why not mention Russia? She was tough on him, but respectful. I was hoping she’d say he violated the Hatch Act, like she did in October 2016, but she didn’t. She also mentioned something about the Justice department and her experience working as a federal prosecutor that tied in with what he did back then.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sunny asked him why he didn’t also bring up the Russia investigation, with 45 possibly being in bed with them, when he “reopened” the Hillary emails found on Weiner’s laptop. Basically telling him she wasn’t happy with what he did, and why not mention Russia? She was tough on him, but respectful. I was hoping she’d say he violated the Hatch Act, like she did in October 2016, but she didn’t. She also mentioned something about the Justice department and her experience working as a federal prosecutor that tied in with what he did back then.

Thanks @GHScorpiosRule , I was too lazy to go back and watch the segment. 

3 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Pretty vile of S.E. Cupp to put down the show when she's been a frequent guest and got a heavy, heavy dose of sympathy when she came on to talk about coming back from some personal trial she'd had (exactly what it was escapes me at the time). Like Meghan, she's a pro-gay Republican who says she doesn't like Trump. Like Meghan, she often doesn't have the facts to back up her opinions.

I’m really disappointed in S.E. Cupp. She’s a hit or miss and her latest comments defending Meghan and trashing the other ladies is too much for me right now. She seriously threw all the other ladies under the bus, no matter how subtle, to defend Meghan. She was pretty much calling the other ladies talk-show hosts and Meghan a journalist. I’m too tired at the moment to even go there but we all know it’s ridiculous...

Meghan is NOT a journalist, just as the other ladies are NOT just daytime television hosts... S.E. didn’t say it outright but that was the implication and she should know better...

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

I’m really disappointed in S.E. Cupp. She’s a hit or miss and her latest comments defending Meghan and trashing the other ladies is too much for me right now. She seriously threw all the other ladies under the bus, no matter how subtle, to defend Meghan. She was pretty much calling the other ladies talk-show hosts and Meghan a journalist. I’m too tired at the moment to even go there but we all know it’s ridiculous...

Meghan is NOT a journalist, just as the other ladies are NOT just daytime television hosts... S.E. didn’t say it outright but that was the implication and she should know better...

I just don't understand why Cupp had to put down the other hosts in order to suck up to MM.  She could have praised her solely. It was a jerk move from a jerk tribal friend.

Maybe Cupp said it as a thank you for being invited to MM' s wedding. They deserve each other. Hacks. No-talent nobodies. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 19
21 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I just don't understand why Cupp had to put down the other hosts in order to suck up to MM.  She could have praised her solely. It was a jerk move from a jerk tribal friend.

Maybe Cupp said it as a thank you for being invited to MM' s wedding. They deserve each other. Hacks. No-talent nobodies. 

Maybe that’s who MM is looking at when she looks directly into the camera.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

She was calling them unctuous, or sycophants, or servile.

She did take it back when she got called out for it, and pretended that the other View hosts were her friends and she never meant to call them obsequious.

Yeah, right.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, bannana said:

She was calling them unctuous, or sycophants, or servile.

She did take it back when she got called out for it, and pretended that the other View hosts were her friends and she never meant to call them obsequious.

Yeah, right.

I'm wondering this morning if Cupp and MM are trying to get publicity by starting "feuds" ala Housewives or Rosie or Bitsty, etc. Plus, trying to deflect MM's stupidity re: J.E. Hoover remark. 

What has Cupp ever done professionally except be on shows (like Bill Maher) for a few minutes  of word salad, glossy red lipstick, and being intellectually overrun by smarter, real political, lawyers/writers/reporters? 

Just like MM.

Hmmm, so that's how they bonded.  

Weak move cuz these tribal BFF'S do not have enough brains between them, with the plagiarizer also, to be any kind of formidable opponent  (tm Colbert).  

(I'll look up Cupp when I'm more awake.  I don't care right now,  but I don't want to make a J. E. Hoover gaffe). However,  I'm not on tv, so I'm going back to bed.  )

Edited by Tosia
Lame and immature. Who care what Cupp thinks?
  • Love 11

SE Cupp said the View is celeb heavy.   Whoopi is the only co-host I would consider a celebrity.  I don't understand why she found it necessary to insult the other co-hosts while defending Meghan.   It just showed her to be just as an obnoxious bitch as her bff.

• Love 12

So I checked and SECupp wrote a book about  liberals attacking Christianity.  

Tell that to my uber-liberal, dreadlock/pachouli-wearing,  and long-time social justice advocatin' Unity church members in fucking Boulder, Colorado. 

Christ on a cracker, she's one of those morons who lump masses of individuals into one deflated ball for her own  notoriety and book sales. 

Plus, she's an athiest, like she cares.  Strange twist to defend something in a book, no less, that you don't care about, nor are committed to in your own life.  

But Cupp is a young and attractive conservative so she's good for tv, I guess. I'v never been impressed with any gravitas or smarts that I've seen from her.  She's usually smiling nervously and getting interrupted by others.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

So I checked and SECupp wrote a book about  liberals attacking Christianity.  

Tell that to my uber-liberal, dreadlock/pachouli-wearing,  and long-time social justice advocatin' Unity church members in fucking Boulder, Colorado. 

Christ on a cracker, she's one of those morons who lump masses of individuals into one deflated ball for her own  notoriety and book sales. 

Plus, she's an athiest, like she cares.  Strange twist to defend something in a book, no less, that you don't care about, nor are committed to in your own life.  

But Cupp is a young and attractive conservative so she's good for tv, I guess. I'v never been impressed with any gravitas or smarts that I've seen from her.  She's usually smiling nervously and getting interrupted by others.  

She also auditioned to come onto the view and Whoopie put a stop to that. They had a mock view show behind the scenes, where, Whoopie and Rosie, had a contentious debate, with S.E Cupp on  Abortion and it became too much.  Then, Nicole was brought in.. I really wanted Whoopie and Rosie to get along, sigh!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

That right there tells you she is just an opportunist looking to make a buck. Which IMO makes every word out of her mouth questionable. 

• Love 8
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, Apprentice79 said:

She also auditioned to come onto the view and Whoopie put a stop to that. They had a mock view show behind the scenes, where, Whoopie and Rosie, had a contentious debate, with S.E Cupp on  Abortion and it became too much.  Then, Nicole was brought in.. I really wanted Whoopie and Rosie to get along, sigh!

And this reminds me why, again, I'm grateful they put the knife in her before she was cast. She would be awful on this show.

• Love 7

I don't know why someone would tweet such an intimate moment. Meghan's got to be falling apart. I don't like her, but she has my sympathy and empathy. Losing a much-loved parent is the worst thing I've been through in my life.

• Love 15

It does sound dire.  

Recuperating at home is usually better for everyone,  IMHO. I've been been reading Being Mortal by Atul Gawande who proposes a revised way of making life meaningful and comfortable (and new approaches to homier nursing homes)  for older elderly (80s and 90s)  and/or infirm--which many of us will be someday.  

Why would the plagiarist ruin a touching message with cussing out others?  Party before people?    Sigh. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:

I don't know why someone would tweet such an intimate moment. Meghan's got to be falling apart. I don't like her, but she has my sympathy and empathy. Losing a much-loved parent is the worst thing I've been through in my life.

I've always thought poorly of her  husband but this just cements my opinion of him.  I wonder if he deleted it because he thought better of it or if Meghan told him to.

• Love 10

She used up whatever sympathy and empathy I had for her when she immediately revealed what a nasty piece of work she is.

Whatever empathy I have, I have for her brothers and sisters.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 10
(edited)

(I was originally going to post this in the weekly thread, but I realized my post was getting way too off topic because I don’t think Meghan discussed this topic this week.) 

Regarding Meghan’s decision not to have kids, I want someone to probe her on this matter; this decision sounds..... pro-choice-ish!!! However, we know there’s no way Meghan would take a position based on her “tribe.” Absolutely not. Meghan might as well have “Anti Tribal” tattooed down her arm.  Still though, I’ve written a script to probe Meghan on this matter for when The View decides to invite me on (LOL):

“But Meghan, you’ve told us how Pro-Life you are.... so this decision not to have kids means one of two things: either you physically can’t have kids (absolutely no judgement whatsoever), or I will have to assume you and your new husband must not be intimate, which is why you’re not concerned about ‘accidents’ (excuse me, ‘beautiful human lives’).  Of course there’s no way you’d be taking contraceptives and there’s no way your husband would be using protection; that would mean you’re preventing even the possibility of a sperm and egg turning into a life.

Meghan, it is my understanding you were enrolled in an all-girls Catholic high school growing up. Indeed, there’s a strong chance that I too attended Catholic School. Based on this shared experience, I will infer you’ve also taken many ‘Respect for Life’ workshops/classes in your past schooling; this means you know that the Catholic Church teaches students that contraception is sinful and does not align with ‘Pro Life values‘ since sex is for one purpose: creating new life (that’s why many churches are against gay marriage, Meghan).  

Of course, Meghan, there are many people who call themselves Pro Life simply because they would never have an abortion. I have no opinion of how people label themselves, Meghan, but since you are so passionate about the “March For Life” (by the way, have you ever actually attended this?) — so much that you stand up for ‘Pro Life’ women who feel excluded from the devisive “Women’s March” — do you realize that a big aspect of the ‘Pro Life’ movement is limiting access to birth control? Do you think access to birth control infringes upon your “Conservative Christian” (because IDK her religion, but this is how she identifies herself on the view) liberties, Meghan?  I know you implied you were more ‘Pro Life’ than Sunny, because when Sunny said she was Pro Life, you insinuated that Sunny doesn’t truly understand the value of life like you do because she’s ‘just a liberal.’

Now that you’ve indicted you’re not sure you want kids, I think it’s fair to ask you... Meghan, are you are benefiting from a pro choice policy? You know the idea that teachers need guns to kill bad guys with guns also goes against your ‘pro life’ values, don’t you Meghan?  Care to clarify?  Since Ana strayed away from some republican policy and supported DACA kids, you exclaimed once: WHY DO YOU EVEN CALL YOURSELF REPUBLICAN ANYMORE??? So, Meghan, if you have taken contraception, is this the point where we all collectively shout, ‘OMG WHY DO YOU EVEN CALL YOURSELF PROLIFE ANYMORE!!! YOU’RE JUST A LIBERAL!!’

Please also clarify: What is the difference between ‘just a liberal’ Pro Life woman vs. a ‘Patriot Red State Conservative Freedom Fighting Tough Chick with a gun’ Pro Life woman?”  

**Joy, Whoopi, and Sunny are welcome to use/tweek this script on The View.  Anyone whose previously been fired for plagiarism, however, may not use it.  

Edited by Jan Levenson
  • Love 20
  • To Miss Jan ---- great post by the way.....Oh and by the way Mrs. Meghan.....what are you going to do when your pro life buddies tell you you can't have birth control that works (much less an abortion) because you are KILLING THEIR BABIES KIDDO. God, she makes me sick. Or maybe, as I have said for quite a while, she just wants to keep her beautiful figure....blaughhhhhhhh. Snort Snort. 
  • Love 7

Meghan infuriates me more often than she doesn't, but I truly think, as someone said, that she's in the wrong field for her. She was absolutely radiant and comfortable when interviewing the Jersey Shore group. I think she feels pressure (or pressured) to be a "political commentator" because she's been around politics (not "in politics," as she likes to say) her entire life. But it's not her passion, and she's not good at being analytical, particularly about her own views.

Girlfriend should be an entertainment or lifestyle reporter. She's good at it. She enjoys it. She didn't walk out with a bitch face when it came to talking to Snooki and J-Woww. Come to the Dark Side, Meghan! You'll have more fun.

• Love 11

Meghan infuriates me more often than she doesn't, but I truly think, as someone said, that she's in the wrong field for her. She was absolutely radiant and comfortable when interviewing the Jersey Shore group. I think she feels pressure (or pressured) to be a "political commentator" because she's been around politics (not "in politics," as she likes to say) her entire life. But it's not her passion, and she's not good at being analytical, particularly about her own views.

Girlfriend should be an entertainment or lifestyle reporter. She's good at it. She enjoys it. She didn't walk out with a bitch face when it came to talking to Snooki and J-Woww. Come to the Dark Side, Meghan! You'll have more fun.

Well said!  “Entertainment Tonight”  -  perfect fit.

• Love 3

I think she thinks it's beneath her.  But it really is a good fit for her.  She is truly out of her depth in serious political discussions.   It's not just that she can't articulate her views with being obnoxious but she can't hear a dissenting view without taking it as a personal attack.  She would be much better off doing fluff.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

She didn't walk out with a bitch face when it came to talking to Snooki and J-Woww.

That's because she was already sitting in her "interview" chair. She needs to just disappear into the ether.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/4/2018 at 11:22 AM, ChicagoCita said:

Right? She could be the American Ben Mulroney and finally feel comfortable with her job.

Edit: For those that don't know, Ben Mulroney is the son of former Canadian PM Brian Mulroney. He use to work for Etalk, which is an entertainment show and was the host of the short lived Canadian Idol. He's done the Olympics, the Junos, the Golden Globes, etc... Currently, he's part of a morning show now that kind of like Good Morning America, but more Canadian.

Meghan should follow in his footsteps. She'd be a lot more comfortable in that setting and would look like she's having fun.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Suits me, and she should go to Canada while she is at it. Maybe they are more braid friendly there. 

Please, atlantaloves, no, anything but that. What did we ever do to you ?

• Love 9
3 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Suits me, and she should go to Canada while she is at it. Maybe they are more braid friendly there. 

Um...no thank you. We have some gun laws here, so she wouldn't feel comfortable with that.

12 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Justin Bieber

He's not that bad.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, CheezyXpressed said:
4 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Um...no thank you. We have some gun laws here, so she wouldn't feel comfortable with that.

Meghan would replace the "As a Republican, Conservative or Member of a Political Family" with "As an American, let me Megsplain to you..."  We are having enough issues on the international stage, so we don't want to piss off the entire country of Canada. Besides, Canadians are just so darn polite, I think Meghan's rudeness would be too much of a shock for them, leaving them unable to produce their maple syrup.  I just don't want to live in an America without real maple syrup on my Sunday morning pancakes.  :)

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 9

Whoopsie, so sorry for recommending she move to Canada. I forgot we probably have some nice Canadians on this site, how RUDE of moi, forgive please.  How about we just send her straight to Hades?  Kisses from Atlanta. 

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Whoopsie, so sorry for recommending she move to Canada. I forgot we probably have some nice Canadians on this site, how RUDE of moi, forgive please.  How about we just send her straight to Hades?  Kisses from Atlanta. 

Hello from Calgary on a beautiful Sunday morning!!!  LOL.  (P.S. -- You can keep Bieber.)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Don't be sorry. I know I got a good laugh out of it. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Besides, Canadians are just so darn polite, I think Meghan's rudeness would be too much of a shock for them, leaving them unable to produce their maple syrup.  I just don't want to live in an America without real maple syrup on my Sunday morning pancakes.  :)

Yes, Canadians are very polite and we love having them as our northern neighbors, BUT...

https://www.musely.com/product/Wood-s-Vermont-Maple-Syrup-Company-100-Pure-Maple-Syrup-Quart/1rbee9eh?utm_content=1rbee9eh&utm_campaign=google-shopping-ads&utm_source=google&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwKLqhuLx2gIVhJ-fCh0nXg1iEAQYAiABEgK4RvD_BwE

• Love 3

LOL Tunia.  I live in NH and have tapped the maple trees on our front lawn.  We do have great maple syrup produced in the USA!  My grandmother was born in Canada and she always served us Flap Jacks with Canadian maple syrup.  :)  She and her friend had a yearly shopping trip to Canada and she would come back with GALLONS of  Canadian Maple Syrup, enough to last us all year.  She would make maple candy, maple chocolate and maple syrup ice cream sundaes.   She was kinda addicted to the stuff and I guess she passed that addiction to me. :)

• Love 6

I'm glad others here see the importance of proper maple syrup. We don't want the fake Aunt Jemima nonsense here.

18 hours ago, Jaded said:

I was kidding. It's been a running joke for years.

I know. I've made the joke many times as well lol. I never cared for him (still don't), but I always feel bad for the kid since everyone hates him. I'd take him over Justin Timberlake any day.

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, Haleth said:

Terrifying thought-- what if Meghan is appointed to finish her father's term?  At least we'd be rid of her. 

SHUT YOUR MOUTH! And I mean that in the nicest, most loving, possible way, @Haleth  ?????

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5

If the White House needed to apologize for something that was said about Senator McCain- why was the apology only given to Megan? (Why not Cindy or the entire family?)

The Hill first reported Thursday that special assistant Kelly Sadler brushed off the senator's opposition to President Trump's nominee for CIA director, Gina Haspel, saying, "It doesn't matter, he's dying anyway."

Sadler later called the senator's daughter Meghan McCain to apologize, according to a source.

White House apologizes to Meghan

• Love 6

I understand the notion that if someone is going through a difficult time we're supposed to be kind, understanding and compassionate. But doesn't that work both ways? Does someone get a pass to act nasty and viscous because someone close to them is sick? I've seen and heard Meh-gan and she really is divisive and mean. If that's the persona she wants to give on camera, fine. I just don't think its right to then play the outrage, family-is-going-through-a-difficult-time card when you're giving just as much you're getting. As someone who has experienced personal loss, I don't feel that gave me carte blanch to be snide and argumentative to others. And that's exactly how I feel Meh is being but then wants people to walk on eggshells because of her father. 

• Love 20
37 minutes ago, Stacee said:

I understand the notion that if someone is going through a difficult time we're supposed to be kind, understanding and compassionate. But doesn't that work both ways? Does someone get a pass to act nasty and viscous because someone close to them is sick? I've seen and heard Meh-gan and she really is divisive and mean. If that's the persona she wants to give on camera, fine. I just don't think its right to then play the outrage, family-is-going-through-a-difficult-time card when you're giving just as much you're getting. As someone who has experienced personal loss, I don't feel that gave me carte blanch to be snide and argumentative to others. And that's exactly how I feel Meh is being but then wants people to walk on eggshells because of her father. 

My thoughts exactly, Stacee!  

MM will be using her father's illness as an excuse for her despicable behavior FOREVER.  

I don't think she has/ will learn anything from his strength. 

• Love 11