Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

50 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I remember Jay's comment about Brooke, "I haven't worked with a cheerleader this big before." Ugh Jay, you're so washed up.

I just watched most of Season 1 (before it disappeared from the CMT app again ?) but I think he was talking about another cheerleader when he said he never saw a cheerleader that big, who we know because they showed their Weight was 152lbs or something like that (the girl quit training camp early in the process, I don’t remember her name though). For Brook I think he just said she needed to tone up and reduce her body fat.

Edited by MelissaB326
Fixing something

Now that I have seen the first half of this season games in person.. I must say Jenna and her group kill it! They are the most well rounded and aesthetically the best looking dancing group. Alexis is a standout rookie for her group thats for sure. 

Lacey and Robin - hold down the second spot as next best group the Red head rookie has stepped up and dances pretty well.

Jinelle - Surprisingly has a weaker group and at times Jinelle seems lost in lead, ;( which is sad cause I really like her. When the quarter changes come up she gets outdanced.

Kashara - Unfortunalty has the weakest group, which is understandable..she was forced into a position that she wasnt ready for. Her group takes forever to get moving when music comes on and also does dances that have no connection to the music. Also I find another forced 2nd group Leader Heather of group 4 cant dance... her rookies out dance her..I know she is a 2nd year rookie but, its pretty crazy to see this years squad be this weak.. 

Lastly I know this subject is like a dead horse, but Lacey and Jenna are out dancing Kashara at point. Also she is not as fluid which has been said in the season I just dont understand why they picked her....It doesnt do anything for the group. I honeslty havent seen a group as a whole lacking power maybe I took Jenn k, Jacie, and Holly for granted :(((

The vets that retired last year and the year before are most def missed.

Edited by 8dallas
  • Love 10
On November 13, 2017 at 8:23 PM, tajalexander said:

Interesting. Question for everyone I guess.. do you think the teams were legitimately better in the earlier seasons? Or do you feel as though the reason we saw those squads as “better” is because there wasn’t as much social media so we don’t see the ‘other stuff’ as much?

(hope that made sense)

I think the past season was a different generation of dancers they always seemed to go all out and power...If you watch the old videos of the ones with Nicole H., Brooke, Meredith, Trevinos, Ally, Tobie, Ashton..there is just somthing there that I havent seen in this generation they look good doing the movements but the power and star ideal isnt throughout. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, 8dallas said:

Now that I have seen the first half of this season games in person.. I must say Jenna and her group kill it! They are the most well rounded and aesthetically the best looking dancing group. Alexis is a standout rookie for her group thats for sure. 

As a DCC, I really like Jenna and think she shines.

(Also, she's made some poor choices, but I am rooting for her to grow up from this and have a good life post DCC. )

• Love 12
3 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

I just watched most of Season 1 (before it disappeared from the CMT app again ?) but I think he was talking about another cheerleader when he said he never saw a cheerleader that big, who we know because they showed their Weight was 152lbs or something like that (the girl quit training camp early in the process, I don’t remember her name though). For Brook I think he just said she needed to tone up and reduce her body fat.

Her name was Dinesha.  She was a Mavs Dancer on the 2009-10 squad.

dallas-mavericks-dancers---2009.jpg

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Kiki88 said:

Yes she has the "better than you" attitude and looks down on others as it's rare to be on her level in her mind. Honestly , I've heard more about her attitude towards other people far more than Gina's. I'm actually surprised Kitty or Kelli and Judy haven't mentioned it as even people on the CMT crew have had an issue with Cersten in the past (rookie year). You would think that with Kelli and Judy being so good at picking up on "fake" would have realized that. But then again they ate up Chelseas act. 

I do not think Judy was buying Chelsea's act. The ones who were buying Chelsea's bs was Charlotte and Kelli. Judy does seem to be outvoted by Kelli and Charlotte a lot. I agree with her when it comes to girls who make it into TC or make the team. People seem to think Judy and Kelli run the show so to speak, but I personally think it is Kelli and Charlotte running the show with very little input from Judy.

In the case of the squads from Season 2 to 5...I think the quality of the team was better. Yes we had girls like Jordan Chanley who struggled her first year, but she came back stronger her second and third year. I did not agree with some of the girls who made it into TC, and I still did not think Stephanie Heyman should have made the team, but it seem we had less blenders, girls who made the team on looks alone, and strugglers than we do today. Once a lot of the stronger DCCs left the squad after Season 5, the squad started going downhill. Yes, there were more open spots to fill, but to me the spots were not filled with standouts like the ones we had in the past.

6 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

. . . when he said he never saw a cheerleader that big, who we know because they showed their Weight was 152lbs or something like that . . .

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Her name was Dinesha.  She was a Mavs Dancer on the 2009-10 squad.

dallas-mavericks-dancers---2009.jpg

That's 152 pounds? You go girl. She only proves it's not the numbers that matter, it's how you look -- and she looks fabulous. I WISH I could like that.

• Love 9

I can't really tell from a photo but she looks like she's a taller girl and she's clearly in shape. Weight has little meaning on it's own. She looks great, but she does look bigger than a Hollywood tiny, too skinny with big boobs to make the waist look smaller type. Instead she looks like a healthy, sexy, strong young woman. 

• Love 3

Dinesha was too big but they took Meredith and her gut?

She looks muscular and fit so I get 152 and prob a size 6 max. She's hot. looks better than so many of the DCCs that just look scrawny and scrappy now, esp. in swim.

I see abs and a waist but not looking like she needs a sammich.

This is the body male fans like.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Dinesha was too big but they took Meredith and her gut?

She looks muscular and fit so I get 152 and prob a size 6 max. She's hot. looks better than so many of the DCCs that just look scrawny and scrappy now, esp. in swim.

I see abs and a waist but not looking like she needs a sammich.

This is the body male fans like.

She has to be tall. I’m 5’10”, 155, and I have a similar build. Size 6, usually. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I can't really tell from a photo but she looks like she's a taller girl and she's clearly in shape. Weight has little meaning on it's own. She looks great, but she does look bigger than a Hollywood tiny, too skinny with big boobs to make the waist look smaller type. Instead she looks like a healthy, sexy, strong young woman. 

Exactly. Which is why it bugs me so much that Jay would make a comment about never having saw a cheerleader that big. I don't know the context in which he said that, but he, of all people, should know that it's not that the numbers that count. There's no way looking at her (I'm assuming she looked much the same at training camp) that he should have been concerned about her weight.

4 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Dinesha was too big but they took Meredith and her gut?

From what others have said, she quit on her own; not cut due to her size. Don't know why she quit, but if it had anything to do with them harping about her weight, more power to her.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

The girls from 2008 and before that were just plain GOOD. I think once AT&T Stadium got built, things have not been the same. And, I still can't forgive the DCC brass for that Candyman routine with those fug costumes. I think that moment was a bit of a downhill slide, or at the very least a speed bump. 

I agree. The talent just seemed more raw and organic in earlier seasons. I suspect that because of the new Stadium, the continual rise of social media, and the popularity of the tv show, many girls started auditioning for the wrong reasons (aka fame). 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

I agree. The talent just seemed more raw and organic in earlier seasons. I suspect that because of the new Stadium, the continual rise of social media, and the popularity of the tv show, many girls started auditioning for the wrong reasons (aka fame). 

This. Now, it seems like you HAVE to be some super technical dancer

• Love 2

I applaud Dinesha, even years later for being the weight that she was at the time.  What the organization doesn't seem to understand is that you could have six girls the same height and weight and their bodies would "handle" the weight differently so telling the girls that "other girls your height are x number of pounds" is REALLY unhealthy and can lead (probably has) lead to eating disorders and other unwise attempts to lose weight while they claim they want girls to "be healthy" and, if necessary, to lose weight in a "healthy manner".  Yes, you might want them to do so but understand that these girls are NOT cookie cutters.  They don't HAVE to be identical weights.

I remember hearing that the BMI is a notoriously ineffective and unreliable measure for measuring weight in relation to height.  One measurement that I like for body weight is that you start off with 100 pounds for women who are 5 foot even and add 5 pounds per inch after that so, according to this, a 5'8" girl would weigh 140 (I read this in a textbook for a sports nutrition class  which gave this formula for estimating a midpoint plus or minus 10 percent depending on whether yo have large or small bones.).  There's also the body TYPE: ie. the "typical" body and being "big-boned".  While being "big-boned" in the past was read as translating to just being fat, it is now recognized to some degree as a real thing.  I've read some studies where scientists have found that bigger bones weigh more than the average bones.  Now, that isn't saying that some people aren't just plain overweight/obese and using being "big'boned" as a method of denial or to excuse their weight, but if you have two girls with identical heights, but one looks "bigger" framewise to the eye, then that girl is likelier to be big-boned and thus be just a little heavier than the other IF they're both in shape and at a healthy weight.

I hate that these girls get down to a ridiculously small size (that they aren't typically at and their body isn't used to maintaining) and have to maintain that weight throughout their careers, especially since many of these girls start at eighteen and their bodies will have to adjust to a more "adult" weight.  It seems that Kelly and Judy don't care what these girls have to do to maintain their initial weight so that Kelli and Judy don't have to deal with changing the uniform as a girl "grows up".

Edited by EricaShadows
Clarity
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Which is why it bugs me so much that Jay would make a comment about never having saw a cheerleader that big. I don't know the context in which he said that, but he, of all people, should know that it's not that the numbers that count. There's no way looking at her (I'm assuming she looked much the same at training camp) that he should have been concerned about her weight.

From what others have said, she quit on her own; not cut due to her size. Don't know why she quit, but if it had anything to do with them harping about her weight,  more power to her.

Two TCCs quit in season 1 (2006); Dinesha and Cerissa.  Dinesha quit because she said it took too much time away from her child and Cerissa had some kind of injury. It was addressed at the beginning of one of the earlier episodes in which Kelli and Judy were both pissed about it.  Judy said they took away 2 spots that could have been filled by someone else. She said the same thing in season 4 when the Minchew sisters dropped  out of TC. 

Also in season 6 (2011) a TCC, Christina Marie dropped out of TC early on.  I think she was having problems learning the dances and was called out by Judy a few times.. 

Edited by MrsEVH

Back to the current squad, Maddie and Kelsey are assisting/dancing with Matt Stefanina tonight at his class in Dallas. He’s a big time choreographer so if there’s a video going on his YT channel that’s good exposure for them. 

• Love 2
On 16/11/2017 at 10:19 PM, hannahbanana said:

That's 152 pounds? You go girl. She only proves it's not the numbers that matter, it's how you look -- and she looks fabulous. I WISH I could like that.

Exactly! If she's a tall girl, say closer to six foot (and she looks like she'd be pretty tall, has quite a long upper body) then 152 is a great weight for her! I'm 5'10" and with a large frame and my lowest 'healthy' weight advissed by my doctor is 140lbs.  My sister is far more slight than me in build and four inches shorter and is 130 and tiny for her frame, so me at 140 would be so low for my size.  also the more muscular you are, the more you weigh. muscle is dense and takes up less space so you look smaller but weigh more.  the cheerleaders (or management) are so obsessed with weight, when that has little to do with it. its muscle tone. you can look slimmer and yet weigh more than you did at your 'approved' weight.  its all nonsense

• Love 2
21 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Back to the current squad, Maddie and Kelsey are assisting/dancing with Matt Stefanina tonight at his class in Dallas. He’s a big time choreographer so if there’s a video going on his YT channel that’s good exposure for them. 

Since we’re doing announcements, Khalyn is done with physical therapy and should be back on the field soon. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Since we’re doing announcements, Khalyn is done with physical therapy and should be back on the field soon. 

Thanks for sharing that, I had been wondering how she's doing. I love watching her dance.

• Love 4
On 11/16/2017 at 6:12 PM, Mabinogia said:

Yeah - my bet is if that girl is 152 pounds, she is just very tall and has a curvy frame.  She's clearly in great shape.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Jenna and Miranda will be this week's guests on the DCC podcast.  I bet there won't be any questions for Jenna about all the trouble she got into.

All the comments I saw were about Jenna's 'troubles' so I'm wondering what questions they are planning to answer exactly.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Jenna and Miranda will be this week's guests on the DCC podcast.  I bet there won't be any questions for Jenna about all the trouble she got into.

When I saw their video announcing the podcast, all I could think was Miranda needs to stop parting her hair in the middle, it really is not flattering. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

When I saw their video announcing the podcast, all I could think was Miranda needs to stop parting her hair in the middle, it really is not flattering. 

I don't know if it's Kelli or the hairstylists that they use, but someone connected to the DCCs has an obsession with middle parts. I don't get it at all. Honestly, if I were a TCC, that would be a bigger sticking point for me than if they wanted to change my hair color. I cannot stand to have my hair parted down the middle. 

• Love 7

I want to know what kind of make up, mainly lipstick do they wear to keep their hair off the lips.  I remember Meredith Oden saying in season 5, "You can never wear too much lip gloss"  I was thinking, gloss?  There was one day when I was curious to see what it was like to dance DCC style with my hair down and with lipstick on and it was a nightmare with hair sticking to my face and in my mouth. How in the world do they do that???

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

she needs to cut that hair into a bob a least , Her hair is DAMAGED and completely fried !!

24 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I don't know if it's Kelli or the hairstylists that they use, but someone connected to the DCCs has an obsession with middle parts. I don't get it at all. Honestly, if I were a TCC, that would be a bigger sticking point for me than if they wanted to change my hair color. I cannot stand to have my hair parted down the middle. 

No middle parts are really in right now, alot of celebs are doing it.

Chantel is Game day girl, I wish she got more attention. I think she's one of the best dancers , She one of the prettiest on the team and she the best body on the team right now IMO!!

Edited by mmm
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, mmm said:

she needs to cut that hair into a bob a least , Her hair is DAMAGED and completely fried !!

No middle parts are really in right now, alot of celebs are doing it.

Chantel is Game day girl, I wish she got more attention. I think she's one of the best dancers , She one of the prettiest on the team and she the best body on the team right now IMO!!

That doesn't mean it's flattering or a good look for the girl. and if a middle part isn't flattering, no amount of 'but Reese Witherspoon wears her hair like this' is going to make it look good. in her audition stuff it was always parted on the side, far more flattering, which makes me think that its K&J or someone like that that determined her look was to be a middle part.  its a shame because the side part is much nicer on her

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

That doesn't mean it's flattering or a good look for the girl. and if a middle part isn't flattering, no amount of 'but Reese Witherspoon wears her hair like this' is going to make it look good. in her audition stuff it was always parted on the side, far more flattering, which makes me think that its K&J or someone like that that determined her look was to be a middle part.  its a shame because the side part is much nicer on her

Yeah, what I meant is it has nothing to do with Keli it's a trend.

Also I don't think people do Reese witherspoon what does ??

3 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

"Lines"

IMG_0209.JPG

????

Edited by mmm
On 11/18/2017 at 8:35 PM, tajalexander said:

She was in this game practise

• Love 1
9 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

Piggy backing on  this... did anyone see pics from the appearance this weekend ?  She just is not a pretty girl.  Fried hair, middle part , oversized chest .  Dress is just not flattering either 

4EBA4E0C-1A61-437A-991F-988B17BF67D9.jpeg

• Love 1

I was watching an earlier game and there was a Pepsi as featuring the Cowboys and some of the cheerleaders were in it. I saw Chantal, Kelsey, and Yuko. They were just sort of dancing in the background. Cool for them!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lfedncr said:

Piggy backing on  this... did anyone see pics from the appearance this weekend ?  She just is not a pretty girl.  Fried hair, middle part , oversized chest .  Dress is just not flattering either 

4EBA4E0C-1A61-437A-991F-988B17BF67D9.jpeg

I hate dresses like this with nude linings. Nice for a Vegas street corner, not a formal event.

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

I hate dresses like this with nude linings. Nice for a Vegas street corner, not a formal event.

Honestly, after all the fuss they make about how the DCC dress for events, and Belk and all that nonsense, I'm legitametly surprised this dress passed muster. it's ugly as sin, and doesn't suit her remotely.  She looks cheap and waaaaaay too close to trashy, and honestly, the dress, at least in that pose, is making her look huge.  not just her chest, but torso wise.  it's just an ugly and unflattering dress.

Trend or not, many of the other girls don't wear a center parting.  the entire point of the makeover is to make the girl look her best and no stylist should tell you to follow a trend if it's unflattering, aand it truly is on her.  while it perhaps is a trend, it's still Kelli's choice to enforce it on girls.  she is the ultimate decision maker as to the girl's looks and once decided that's what she's got for the year and its a bad choice.  it emphasizes the width of her face, makes her nose look larger and is just overall not flattering or attractive for the girl.  the slightly off-centre part was far more appropriate for her face shape

• Love 8
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

With Milan gone this has been a crazy year for Vets leaving on various reasons. Looks like JenK and Emma will be in Thunderstruck for the rest of the year. 

Milan left too? Honestly, it seems like something isn’t right internally with the DCCs. The last minute departure from Mandy, two cheerleaders leaving mid-season, the Jenna/Holly/Erica situation..... Life happens, but this is a lot. 

47 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Left to focus more on school. 

Sigh, their articles are usually a grammatical mess. Everyone has typos here and there, but if it’s something being put up online they should have it straight beforehand. 

Yep. I am the queen of typos and i am terrible at proofreading my own writing though I can spot a misplaced comma in a heartbeat in other’s work. Knowing this, I make sure important documents are proofread by someone else before being filed, emailed, etc. Why the DCCs are not having their material reviewed is baffling. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Left to focus more on school. 

Sigh, their articles are usually a grammatical mess. Everyone has typos here and there, but if it’s something being put up online they should have it straight beforehand. 

That is a bad look on her if she left during the year because of school. She knew when she auditioned that she would be going to school during the football season and she obviously was already taking classes as we know she had a 4.0 GPA, so she knew was kind of time commitment school would be for her. To me, when you audition for the team you are making a commitment to cheer for that year, so unless there was some very important reason, you should cheer that entire year because you are messing with the other girls and the formations by quitting mid-year. 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

That is a bad look on her if she left during the year because of school. She knew when she auditioned that she would be going to school during the football season and she obviously was already taking classes as we know she had a 4.0 GPA, so she knew was kind of time commitment school would be for her. To me, when you audition for the team you are making a commitment to cheer for that year, so unless there was some very important reason, you should cheer that entire year because you are messing with the other girls and the formations by quitting mid-year. 

I highly doubt the girls would be peaved about her choosing school over DCC. I get where you’re coming from, but Milan seems responsible enough and it probably just came down to Business school being much more than she thought originally. 

And if Emma is filling her spot, formations aren’t changing anyway. The most that changed was Kelsey moved to her spot in the small group. Formations aren’t rocket science. I think the show portrays it to be this super intimidating difficult thing when it really could be moreso stress in the beginning and doing a few different counts. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 4

Hmmm interesting!  Maybe she has an opportunity to do something extra in the Spring semester (maybe internship or study abroad?) which would make her unable to fulfill DCC responsibilities at that time.  IMO they'd be more pissed at her if she put off resigning until the last minute.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

I need to consult my sources bwhahahahah. Milan leaving for school? Reeks of bullshit.

Keeping that 4.0 clearly means a lot to her so it makes sense to me. Maybe she's on scholarship and has to keep her grades up to keep the money coming.

Poor Emma, how crazy is it to have left the squad how many years ago and yet she's always being pulled back on to fill in for someone. She must stay in great shape to be able to do that. I've always liked her. 

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, ATLGirl said:

Keeping that 4.0 clearly means a lot to her so it makes sense to me. Maybe she's on scholarship and has to keep her grades up to keep the money coming.

Poor Emma, how crazy is it to have left the squad how many years ago and yet she's always being pulled back on to fill in for someone. She must stay in great shape to be able to do that. I've always liked her. 

It is amazing that Emma still looks so great! She should just have stayed on the squad considering how often we see her. 

As for Milan, of course doing well in college and setting up your future is more important in the long run than being a DCC but I am not sure why she couldn’t have taken less credits or saved the harder classes for another semester since she did decide to be a DCC again. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Milan left too? Honestly, it seems like something isn’t right internally with the DCCs. The last minute departure from Mandy, two cheerleaders leaving mid-season, the Jenna/Holly/Erica situation..... Life happens, but this is a lot. 

Yep. I am the queen of typos and i am terrible at proofreading my own writing though I can spot a misplaced comma in a heartbeat in other’s work. Knowing this, I make sure important documents are proofread by someone else before being filed, emailed, etc. Why the DCCs are not having their material reviewed is baffling. 

Remind me, who was the other cheerleader that left mid-season?