Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/16/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

HaHaHa!  When Meghan made her 100th speech about how everyone is wrong for politicizing this, she got a kind of delayed applause from the audience, and she looked shocked and let out a kind of a giggle.  She's ridiculous.  It's like she has never been on TV before.

Also, it was really hard to take what she is saying seriously when she has that red heart on her boob.  WTF.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, May Jacks said:

Shelia E isn't the first person to do this. The anthem itself is problematic at in its roots, it's not that sacred. It was only made the anthem because a president's kid sang it. whoop de doo

I just didnt like her rendition..

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

MM needs to learn to listen. A rude, ignorant child. Why is she on the show?

Because she has an Important Father.  And also money always opens doors much more readily, whether deservedly so or not.  I can't envision anyone who is such a belligerent sourpuss getting a seat at the table without those connections.  She looks as miserable being there as I am that she is.  (If that sentence even makes any sense).  Her birthday "celebration" next week should be interesting.  Maybe she'll even smile.  As Judy Tenuda would say, "Could happen!"

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I just didnt like her rendition..

I wasn't crazy about the arrangement at the beginning, but then it started to grow on me, especially the parts with the former presidents speaking.  That's when I understood what she saying/doing.  She was making a point in an artistic format - and I don't know if the audience or hosts were standing but I was.

• Love 4

MM behaves like the trust fund baby of a trust fund baby she is.  *Whoopi's valley girl voice*.... "This is really hard for me so we can't talk about it......we can talk about the VA because I'm okay with that"

• Love 21
2 hours ago, ari333 said:

Sheila E made me cry. She was great. Sidenote - I wish I could kneel and pop up  like that. Also,  I love the opening song they walked out to (and Sunny danced out to)

I liked it.  I thought it was a great rendition of the anthem but I also liked the statement they were making about protest and about hope.  I was impressed by her performance moving from drums to guitar, and yes, taking a knee, and then jumping up!

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

It is official The View's hair, make-up and wardrobe departments hate MM. 

I don't think they are doing anybody any favors.

The best part of today's show for me was Joy telling Sara, Paula and Sunny to sit down when they were dancing "Hey, this isn't Dancing with the Stars." lol

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, rcc said:

I don't think they are doing anybody any favors.

No, they don't do anyone any favours.lol. Whoopi looks like she has rolled out of bed, MM,no idea what she was wearing today.I did like Joys turquoise blouse , I forget which day. I have one the same gorgeous colours. I just thought they wore whatever they wanted.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I was wondering where MM was getting her clothes!  Talk about unflattering.

Anyone want to place bets on when MM will be leaving to write a book or pursue other interests?

Edited by useryikes
Another thought
  • Love 9
29 minutes ago, useryikes said:

I was wondering where MM was getting her clothes!  Talk about unflattering.

Anyone want to place bets on when MM will be leaving to write a book or pursue other interests?

Hopefully soon.  She can write how she was so horribly abused by the rest of the panel.  And we will all just be doing a happy dance that she is gone!

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Hopefully soon.  She can write how she was so horribly abused by the rest of the panel.  And we will all just be doing a happy dance that she is gone!

'I Fucking Hate Joy Behar: My Weeks on The View' by Meghan "Tough Chick" McCain

• Love 12

If so many topics make MM uncomfortable I guess she isn't the "tough chick" she proclaims to be.

Anyone who has watched the View (and for fuck sake MM appeared on the show before as a guest host) knows it isn't a cake walk.  You have to be able to speak up for yourself and defend what you are saying or you will get eaten alive.  If Megan is unable to do that without being uncomfortable perhaps she should leave that seat open for someone who can.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Sheila E, no to the funky anthem. Its a beautiful anthem, but not sung that way.

Eh. I love this country, but the anthem is problematic. Its tune is an old British drinking song (To Anacreon In Heaven), so anytime someone sings it sober, I give them bonus points. I'm sure there have been many bawdier, more inebriated versions sung to that melody. I'm all for changing the national anthem to something like America The Beautiful. Sing on, Sheila!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

I wouldn't be surprised if her contract allows her to REFUSE all ABC assistance.  She probably has her own traveling crew: stylist(s), hair, make-up, juice, assistant(s), personal assistant, housekeeper, etc.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Eh. I love this country, but the anthem is problematic. Its tune is an old British drinking song (To Anacreon In Heaven), so anytime someone sings it sober, I give them bonus points. I'm sure there have been many bawdier, more inebriated versions sung to that melody. I'm all for changing the national anthem to something like America The Beautiful. Sing on, Sheila!

Not to mention the reference to slavery. 

• Love 8

MM, why so angry girl?  In the words of Bruno Mars, put some perm on that attitude. Relax. Lol.

She has serious RBF. She wont even politely applaud or smile at a guest if they are not conservative.  She has a Palinesque attack dog attitude. Or a junior Bitsy. She is definitely getting talking points from someone. She'd better lay off Joy!

I wouldnt be surprised if MM wears her own clothes like Whoopi does most of the time.

• Love 15

i fast forwarded, had a long day. so sorry if this was addressed. but did they talk about the speech john kelly made and how he said that the senator in the car with the soldiers widow was listening in and all the rest of it? does no one in the white house do any fact checking? what the hell. the widow asked the congresswoman to drive with her when she took the call on speakerphone. i am getting mighty pissed off with the lie stated as facts from one party and the other party letting them slide in many cases. i would have thought this would have been the first thing they talked about. i thought joy would have been livid. 

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, Kenz said:

I loved Sheila E's rendition of the national anthem. It was soulful and meaningful.

Me too! And the quotes,"Yes, we can!" But then, my favorite version has always been Jimi Hendrix's.

Before seeing Sheila E, this whole week with the soldiers' deaths and the Trump/White House responses has exhausted and saddened me. Meghan McCain's sourpuss on my TV hasn't helped that.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

i fast forwarded, had a long day. so sorry if this was addressed. but did they talk about the speech john kelly made and how he said that the senator in the car with the soldiers widow was listening in and all the rest of it? does no one in the white house do any fact checking? what the hell. the widow asked the congresswoman to drive with her when she took the call on speakerphone. i am getting mighty pissed off with the lie stated as facts from one party and the other party letting them slide in many cases. i would have thought this would have been the first thing they talked about. i thought joy would have been livid. 

It was and she was. Of course Meghan sided with the trumpets. 

• Love 3

Wow wow wow.  So disappointed in this panel today.  I vented on this topic yesterday, regarding Nicolle's show, in the former hosts professional thread, but not one person on this panel calls out General Kelly:  For using his own dead son for political reasons, inadvertently outing Trump's lie about what he said to the widow, CLEARLY manipulating things to take responsibility for every horrible thing Trump said and did in this debacle, attacking Representative Wilson for the fact that she had fucking ears and heard Trump blathering on a speaker phone.  And lastly, Kelly again swiped at Obama for not calling when his son died, deliberately leaving out the fact that his son's WIFE would be the receiver of any such phone call.  How Kelly can live with himself for being the ultimate hypocrite and using his son's death . . . . (I will stop now, but I elaborated a bit more in the other thread).

• Love 22
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:

Yup, we all like different things, SE just wasn't my thing..

So does Whoopi refuse to take part in these birthday days, or do the birthday girls have the privilege of ditching Whoop as an ABC present?

MM claims ownership of the military, and while I realize this is a Republican tried and true tactic, it really pisses me off.  I realize her father was a war hero and her brother serves/served, but have any of Meghan's family members fallen?  I ask, because she was a total nasty bitch calling out Rep. Wilson's anger as unnatural, and not based in grief.  Has this buffoon ever heard of the five stages of grief?  If not, and not to be cruel, but she'd better read up on it to prepare herself.  She is very insensitive to others' grief.

3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Because she has an Important Father.  And also money always opens doors much more readily, whether deservedly so or not.  I can't envision anyone who is such a belligerent sourpuss getting a seat at the table without those connections.  She looks as miserable being there as I am that she is.  (If that sentence even makes any sense).  Her birthday "celebration" next week should be interesting.  Maybe she'll even smile.  As Judy Tenuda would say, "Could happen!"

3 hours ago, xldb2004 said:

MM behaves like the trust fund baby of a trust fund baby she is.  *Whoopi's valley girl voice*.... "This is really hard for me so we can't talk about it......we can talk about the VA because I'm okay with that"

I hate how defanged Joy was today, and it seemed pretty obvious.  There's no way that Joy didn't see through Kelly's act - no way.  So Joy bit her tongue for peacemaking reasons, and Meghan gets the freedom of babbling on relentlessly.  I don't know what concessions were made to get this trust fund baby on the show, but it's very clear that she thinks she has some control over what topics are discussed or not.  If this is a repeat situation of Rosie/Bitsy, where Rosie was driven off while Bitsy remained for years - I'm out.  And I will never return.  Mark my words ABC.

And to say something vaguely positive regarding Meghan - I think part of her discomfort is her seating arrangement.  When I wasn't comfortable with my body, I was very self-conscious, and sitting on full display without the ability to hide behind the table, would be excruciating for me.  I think Meghan is at an all time high weight-wise, and I can't imagine how self-conscious she is in that position at the end of the table.

• Love 17
43 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Wow wow wow.  So disappointed in this panel today.  I vented on this topic yesterday, regarding Nicolle's show, in the former hosts professional thread, but not one person on this panel calls out General Kelly:  For using his own dead son for political reasons, inadvertently outing Trump's lie about what he said to the widow, CLEARLY manipulating things to take responsibility for every horrible thing Trump said and did in this debacle, attacking Representative Wilson for the fact that she had fucking ears and heard Trump blathering on a speaker phone.  And lastly, Kelly again swiped at Obama for not calling when his son died, deliberately leaving out the fact that his son's WIFE would be the receiver of any such phone call.  How Kelly can live with himself for being the ultimate hypocrite and using his son's death . . . . (I will stop now, but I elaborated a bit more in the other thread).

i could not agree more. i am livid about this whole thing. this whole administration.

this should have been a widely discussed topic today. what he did yesterday was no better than trump. just said it more eloquently.

• Love 19
47 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

So does Whoopi refuse to take part in these birthday days, or do the birthday girls have the privilege of ditching Whoop as an ABC present?

It's Friday-MyDay ... My Day in that Fridays are generally Whoopi-free.

52 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

And to say something vaguely positive regarding Meghan - I think part of her discomfort is her seating arrangement.  When I wasn't comfortable with my body, I was very self-conscious, and sitting on full display without the ability to hide behind the table, would be excruciating for me.  I think Meghan is at an all time high weight-wise, and I can't imagine how self-conscious she is in that position at the end of the table.

I agree...and unless that position has less "status," maybe she could at least trade with Sunny.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

MM claims ownership of the military, and while I realize this is a Republican tried and true tactic, it really pisses me off.  I realize her father was a war hero and her brother serves/served, but have any of Meghan's family members fallen?  I ask, because she was a total nasty bitch calling out Rep. Wilson's anger as unnatural, and not based in grief.  Has this buffoon ever heard of the five stages of grief?  If not, and not to be cruel, but she'd better read up on it to prepare herself.  She is very insensitive to others' grief.

I hate how defanged Joy was today, and it seemed pretty obvious.  There's no way that Joy didn't see through Kelly's act - no way.  So Joy bit her tongue for peacemaking reasons, and Meghan gets the freedom of babbling on relentlessly.  I don't know what concessions were made to get this trust fund baby on the show, but it's very clear that she thinks she has some control over what topics are discussed or not.  If this is a repeat situation of Rosie/Bitsy, where Rosie was driven off while Bitsy remained for years - I'm out.  And I will never return.  Mark my words ABC.

Aww, that's too bad ... LOL!!!  (Sorry, not sorry!)

• Love 10

Was it on this show they quoted Sarah Huckabee Sanders' saying, "All hat; no cattle."?   I saw that on CNN and she explained they have that saying "in the South."   NO!  They have that saying in Texas and other western areas where there are a LOT of cattle.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I can't imagine how self-conscious she is in that position at the end of the table.

I agree that sitting on the end could be uncomfortable, but you'd think she'd dress for the fact that all of her is going to be on view.  (See what I did there?)  Why can't she wear looser clothing, or a blazer, or size up, or something?  She's spanxed within an inch of her life; it's a wonder she can even breathe.  Maybe that's why she's so pissy.  Nah, she'd be pissy anyway.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Once again Meghan Mccain was put in her place. This time by Nancy Pelosi. She tried to say that The Democratic party was fractured like the Republican party, but, Nancy promptly told her that was not the case.  She does not fit in with the ladies at the table. She has no chemistry with them.  She is humorless, ignorant, unlikable, arrogant and is clearly uncomfortable being there.  She will not be there for long.  I have never understood why they are always railing against Hollywood and the liberal bias media. Yet, they always want to be a part of them.  She should have stayed with her peeps over at Fox. She is not a good fit at the View.

I agree, especially with the bolded part.  MM is humorless.  

The congresswoman is joking about a dead soldier!  No, she was joking about trump's obsession with her, and how people across the country now know who she is. 

And then - sitting there SCOWLING at Nancy Pelosi, asking her a question, then interrupting her when she tried to answer.  Pelosi was not having the "my party/your party"  crap.  

Fashion note -  I LOVED paula's off-white blouse with the lace trim.   But Meghan's  outfit, as everyone here noted, was awful for her body.  she would look good in the kind of flowy, patterned dress that Sunny was wearing.   MM's  skin tight sweater, tucked into a pencil skirt?  Sunny or Paula could wear that look.  But it looked awful on Meghan.  Today's look was even more odd because of her severe hair and intense makeup, which didn't go with the baby-blue sweater with a heart applique.  And I think it's the second day this week she wore a pastel crewneck sweater in size too-small.  As a woman with curves myself, it's about the worst choice.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 17

Oh, I meant to add that I loved Sheila E.'s performance today. I have such fond memories of the time of my life when her big hit The Glamorous Life was so popular and wore my cha-cha heels (black ones!) out dancing to it. I am Canadian (!), though, so I don't have the same feelings (obviously) for the song that Americans will have.

p.s. and I wanted to thank the poster who first referred to the fact that Meghan McCain (the initials MM are reserved for Marilyn Monroe for me) is humorless. As my dear mother would have said "truer words were never spoken".

• Love 7

Meghan is not doing herself any favors in several categories.  

1.  Fashion. Her clothes look like Forever 21, or the old school  Lerners-- back in my day, i.e., cheap, tween, too tight, and just not classy, cute, pretty, couture, or as expensively-fitted as one would expect from someone with money.  Stacy London would have a giddy, field day with Meggie on What Not to Wear. Her makeup and hair alone would take an episode to de-calcify the hardness. 

2.  Pissy face-attitude-opinions will not get more viewers. Remember Bitsy was that way starting on the Spew and then on Faux News and she's history, albeit for someone YOUNGER, cuter, and more vapid. Plus Bits tried for sympathy also, climbing on MamaBarbara's lap, after spitting her vileness at Rosie.  Ridiculous.   Role model? ???   Pulllleeezzzeee. Great career trajectory to follow, Meggie.  You go right ahead.  Please. Go. 

3.  Trying desperately to change the news rhetoric of fallen soldiers not being recognized by Drumpf to V.A. woes.  It worked with anthem/flag and taking a knee for continued, flagrant  racial injustice, but I have faith that the Spew ladies --Sunny, Joy, Sara, and even Whoops, and other REAL news outlets will not let that happen again. It's TWO different issues, Meggie.  You can keep talking rudely over others and pretending that you are the only one related to military members, but we know better. Facts is facts, baby Meggie.  

4.  Her dad is the ONLY reason that Meggie is tolerated now. The Spew has a celebrity's relative as a draw now. I bet Meggie has a few books in the works (being ghostwritten ),  abt military relatives ---THEIR PAINFUL VIEWS---sarcasm here, as well as one about a family member with cancer, and then one of her memories--and lessons from --of her dad.  Too bad she didn't  inherit class or dignity. She's got nothin'. 

Joy rules! ( And her dad served in the military too). 

• Love 13

I must have missed the announcement where Meghan now gets to decide what the ladies will talk about. “Let’s collectively” decide that we’re not going to talk about how 45 politicized Johnson’s death or how/why they were killed because I don’t agree he politicized it and don’t agree with any of you, mmmkay??????

STFU, you clueless maroon.

I’m not a huge fan of Pelosi (reasons which would be off topic here), but I cheered at her quiet classy way of shutting down Meghan’s incorrect assumption and attempts at associating the state of the Democrats being as fractured and broken as the Republicans. And no, Meghan, your assumption that 45 won the election as well as other Republicans who “keep winning” isn’t because of the Democrats being “fractured.” The first, has already been explained as well as the second. If you’ve forgotten, I have three words for you-Russian interference and gerrymandering. 

I also loved Sheila E’s rendition of the anthem and how statements from Kennedy, Reagan and Obama were interspersed at the end.

And what was the point of that clip from Whoopi whispering that Senator McCain was going to be on Monday’s show as if it was a surprise for Meghan? As if she wouldn’t see this clip? Or the fact that she knows he’s going to be there on Monday for her birthday as they all mentioned at the end of the show?????????

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 11

So I've figured out why I'm just not feeling MM.  It isn't because she's a conservative, nor that she basically got the job because of her connections.  She at least tries to research and isn't overly emotional like Bitsy use to be (someone I never liked going back to Survivor, but because she was a backstabber on that show).  

What I don't like about MM is that she doesn't have a sense of humor, or looks like she has fun.  She's too controlled, and has this almost mean undertone whenever she speaks.  It isn't what she is saying, but the way her body language and tone of voice delivers her message.  Jed and Candace could be annoy8ng, but at least they seemed like they would be fun to hang out with.  MM, I would excuse myself after a few minutes because she seems like a wet blanket.

With that said, I did like Paula reading off the 4 names if the soldiers that were killed and placing blame where it falls...in everyone (i.e. media, rep, and Trump).

• Love 10

I do find it funny that people didn't like Jed, so they replaced her with MM and now everyone is missing Jed. I don't know how long MM is going to be here, but I say enjoy it while it lasts because it's better than having someone like Tomi on the panel.

Basically, it could always get worse.

Maybe MM would be good, but she needs to loosen up a bit and not look for a fight. Enjoy the conversation and if you have a different view that's fine, but it seems she's purposely looking for a ratings fight and it comes off insincere. It almost feels like when she was a guest host she was more relaxed, but hasn't found her footing here.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I do find it funny that people didn't like Jed, so they replaced her with MM and now everyone is missing Jed.

Speaking only for myself, nowhere have I stated that I miss that rabid hyena laughing foxbot. I dislike them both equally and intensely.

As for Paula, she can also STFU about this “sudden culture wars” bullshit.  I find the phrase itself “culture war” another  code word when they can’t or won’t or are too afraid for whatever reason to admit that the racists have been told it’s okay to be openly racist. But nooo, it’s those who are practicing their CONSTITUTIONAL rights and those defending them that are being “tribal” or responsible for the “war.” Instead it is the Nazis and white Supremacists who should be shut down IMMEDIATELY. ??

Another point to Pelosi for shutting that down and calling it our country is being divided. To me, again should have been added. Because her reply implied we’ve never been divided along racial lines before.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Maybe MM would be good, but she needs to loosen up a bit and not look for a fight. Enjoy the conversation and if you have a different view that's fine, but it seems she's purposely looking for a ratings fight and it comes off insincere.

I think that's it for me. You've ID'd it perfectly. She is tightly wound and there's not sense that she's enjoying being there. Her contributions seem forced and rehearsed. I often forget she's there when the panel is discussing topics other than political. I'm sure she's a party girl and knows how to have fun. She is not letting the audience get to know her as anything except a tightly controlled Republican who opposes liberals at the table.

• Love 8
On 10/19/2017 at 5:08 PM, NeverLate said:

Sure, I'm fine. I always say, I'm sure they don't care what we think anyway..lol :) 

Was it on the side? They put up topics, but sometimes they don't get to them. Although one was on Kim Kardashian, so that really didnt bother me in the least....

No it was at the very beginning when she says 'the view is live!'

I remember once on her radio show (where BTW she rarely sounded cold and distant like on The View), Meghan, when asked what she would do if she had one day of anonymity, said, "Take my bra off and go jet-skiing!"  So there's a whole other person under that cold exterior.  Maybe she'll loosen up as she gets more comfortable with the show.  Right now, she's really unwatchable.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I think that's it for me. You've ID'd it perfectly. She is tightly wound and there's not sense that she's enjoying being there. Her contributions seem forced and rehearsed. I often forget she's there when the panel is discussing topics other than political. I'm sure she's a party girl and knows how to have fun. She is not letting the audience get to know her as anything except a tightly controlled Republican who opposes liberals at the table.

She is on her guard.  Poised for a fight it seems like to me.   Whoever is coaching her isn't doing her any favors.   It is possible to be a likable conservative Republican but by watching the View you wouldn't know it.  Meghan is being antagonistic no matter the topic.   

• Love 5
4 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I do find it funny that people didn't like Jed, so they replaced her with MM and now everyone is missing Jed. I don't know how long MM is going to be here, but I say enjoy it while it lasts because it's better than having someone like Tomi on the panel.

Basically, it could always get worse.

Maybe MM would be good, but she needs to loosen up a bit and not look for a fight. Enjoy the conversation and if you have a different view that's fine, but it seems she's purposely looking for a ratings fight and it comes off insincere. It almost feels like when she was a guest host she was more relaxed, but hasn't found her footing here.

I don’t miss Jed. I enjoyed the 4 person panel that they had the last few weeks and thought that Paula was pleasant when she was there. Meghan seems like she joined the cast to specifically argue with Joy and the others in the hopes to become the young face of the Republican Party. She aspires to become the new Elisabeth. 

• Love 11

Usually tape the view and watch it after work.  Friday we went to a two hour Zumba fundraiser for Puerto Rico ?? 

Although my moves were no good I am sure sonny would approve the effort LOL.   

Too tired to watch that night so catching up now.   Sonny song she danced to was fun.  She looked so beautiful and happy sharing her favorite foods.   Shelia E looks great.  She is very passionate and has an artist flair   Still wonder who Sarah made mad   Her birthday celebration was the worst    

The congresswoman wasn’t playing with Megan.   I feel like Megan has some actual decent questions but puts to much editorial in them.  I felt that a bit about Jedi too.  It’s almost like they are trying for a got you moment JMHO 

really like Paula.  Think she is good on her other show as well.  

Maybe we will see Megan’s funside on her birthday. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I don’t miss Jed. I enjoyed the 4 person panel that they had the last few weeks and thought that Paula was pleasant when she was there.

I never minded Jed.  The 4 person panel was fine, though.  Not that keen on Paula - she's a bit bland.  As for MM - she brings nothing!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, useryikes said:

I never minded Jed.  The 4 person panel was fine, though.  Not that keen on Paula - she's a bit bland.  As for MM - she brings nothing!

? to all of your four points.  Jed - not bad.  4 person panel - good.  Paula - blah.  MM - zero

MM's biggest flaw as a View panelist is that she is no fun.  She seems to be completely devoid of any sense of humor.  Everything with her is a freaking battle.  Let's see if she lightens up on her birthday celebration with her father.  Somehow I'm not expecting it.  The View should be women espousing their various opinions and making it educational, interesting, and yes, fun, for its audience.  She brings absolutely nothing to the table in that regard.  In fact, to me, she just oozes a sense of superiority.   In her few short weeks there I've cut back on watching the show.

There's got to be a conservative woman who would be a much better fit for that format.  There just has to be.

• Love 8