Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/16/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I remember one of Bitsy's trademark deflections was "Why are we not talking about how we can help the troops instead" which sometimes led to "You're not patriotic because you're not respectful of the troops", any time discussion was raised about foreign policy and war during GWB's presidency. It looks like Meghan is veering the same direction.

• Love 20
17 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

I don't understand why MM wants to fight with Joy. This is the second time she's poked at Joy.

I'm not sure that Joy is bothered by that twit.

2 hours ago, backformore said:

Yes. I thought it was a ridiculous conspiracy story, until I heard how he introduced her.

I thought this was a joke because Melania is so robotic.  I didn't realize that this was a serious conspiracy theory.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Catnip said:

I can't believe I'm going to say this, "I miss Jediblahblah!" 

Come sit by me.  We can keep the angry mob away with my tiki torches.  

1 hour ago, thejuicer said:

I remember one of Bitsy's trademark deflections was "Why are we not talking about how we can help the troops instead" which sometimes led to "You're not patriotic because you're not respectful of the troops", any time discussion was raised about foreign policy and war during GWB's presidency. It looks like Meghan is veering the same direction.

She did say, in her first week, that she looked up to and admired Bitsy.  

2 hours ago, NeverLate said:

It was her, she always looks great imho. 

She is pretty woman with a super fit body.  I will give her that.  

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

As a big fan of Joy's standalone talk shows on HLN and Current, I am of the opinion that she is not in the least bit stupid or uninformed. She regularly had panels of people with diverging viewpoints as regular guests, including the now-in-the-news Boris Epshteyn as a conservative voice. She also had a God Squad of various clergy members, and she is an agnostic.

So she's not just interested in hearing from people who agree with her, or using them as her own personal echo chamber.

She can and does get outraged, but she never takes anyone disagreeing with her personally.

Many people could learn a lot about how to handle differing opinions from Joy.

I thought her shows were cancelled, no matter, I wouldn't have watched. 

I know for a fact, what she has said about Canada and terrorists was 100% wrong, she never apologized either...she gets huffy at MM because today she didnt agree with Joy.

3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

My 89 year old mother detests Meghan McCain.  She detests her voice, she detests the way she dresses, she detests what she has to say, and she detests that she gets to talk on and on without interruption.  Did you notice Whoopie actually apologizing to her for interrupting her?  And then they let her talk on and on without saying anything except to shade Joy?  Does she have it in her contract that she's allowed to talk forever without being talked over?  This is not going to go well.  Either she leaves after 13 weeks, or Joy will be going.

I ❤️ your mother.  And yes, I did hear Whoopie apologize.  WTF?!  This has to be about MM being John McCain's daughter, and any respect being shown to her is because of him.  It has to be.  There's no way those women actually give a rat's ass what MM says.  If she's unbearable to us, just think how uncomfortable it is at the table, with all that tension simmering just below the surface.  I hope I'm watching when it blows up.  And seriously, if Joy leaves because of that over-bleached twit, I'm gone and I know I won't be the only one; not by a long shot.

• Love 20
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

My 89 year old mother detests Meghan McCain.  She detests her voice, she detests the way she dresses, she detests what she has to say, and she detests that she gets to talk on and on without interruption.  Did you notice Whoopie actually apologizing to her for interrupting her?  And then they let her talk on and on without saying anything except to shade Joy?  Does she have it in her contract that she's allowed to talk forever without being talked over?  This is not going to go well.  Either she leaves after 13 weeks, or Joy will be going.

I don't expect Joy will go anywhere. Raven also made childish insults towards her and was sent packing ASAP. If Meghan is trying to cause a splitscreen moment, she's wasting her time with any of these ladies. Whoopi is the only one at the table who might lose sense enough for that to happen and she's too busy kissing her ass.

And Raven is actually the perfect comparison because Meghan sounded just like the little rich girl she is having a hissyfit this morning. Whining about politicizing a soldier's death while proceeding to politicize said soldier's death herself. Someone stick a pacifier in her.

• Love 19

Meghan is a snowflake!

She is politicizing this, as are they all.  But it started with Trump saying other Presidents didn't call and that Obama didn't call Kelly.  Trump said he calls, and the press finds several that were not called.  None of this would have happened if he hadn't done his tit for tat bs at the press conference.

Now Kelly is saying what he told the Pres to say, verifying that he actually did say what the Congresswoman said.  Poor delivery of the message that Kelly coached him with. 

I just don't get MM's objections today.  The panel outlined how this is at Trump's feet, because he opened the discussion, he communicated poorly, and he clapped back when criticized. He has no ability to be gracious.  But poor MM is so distraught by this, and she doesn't seem to blame the pres she blames everyone else.  I don't get her.  And whoa, is she ever a bitch to Joy, and I am not really sure why.  Whoopi was much more emphatic about this yesterday than Joy but she gets a pass.

• Love 20

I missed the show today, but just watched that clip where MM snapped at Joy.   I mean, the tone in his voice when she said Joy's name.  Wow, just wow.  I've been trying to give her a pass, for being new, but I can't excuse away her attitude toward Joy. 

• Love 10

You know when the show starts and they run down the guests.....well I believe it was on the same say as rob reiner.  Anyway they showed Ariana Grande's album cover and that there's some controversy about it..  I figured with the guests the prob ran late, but they never went back that I heard.  Does anyone know?

12 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I missed the show today, but just watched that clip where MM snapped at Joy.   I mean, the tone in his voice when she said Joy's name.  Wow, just wow.  I've been trying to give her a pass, for being new, but I can't excuse away her attitude toward Joy. 

I know! She went BSC! The tone was everything and she had such anger.  I was giving her the benefit of the doubt, but I cant take too much more  my alcohol tab cant take it lol

• Love 8
1 hour ago, NeverLate said:

I thought her shows were cancelled, no matter, I wouldn't have watched. 

I know for a fact, what she has said about Canada and terrorists was 100% wrong, she never apologized either...she gets huffy at MM because today she didnt agree with Joy.

All shows are eventually cancelled. Doesn't mean they aren't good or informative. In Joy's case, the network was sold and all the programming was discontinued.

I get it, you don't like Joy. My opinion differs. Let's live with that. ;-)

• Love 20
27 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

All shows are eventually cancelled. Doesn't mean they aren't good or informative. In Joy's case, the network was sold and all the programming was discontinued.

Sure, I'm fine. I always say, I'm sure they don't care what we think anyway..lol :) 

47 minutes ago, Tammee said:

You know when the show starts and they run down the guests.....well I believe it was on the same say as rob reiner.  Anyway they showed Ariana Grande's album cover and that there's some controversy about it..  I figured with the guests the prob ran late, but they never went back that I heard.  Does anyone know?

Was it on the side? They put up topics, but sometimes they don't get to them. Although one was on Kim Kardashian, so that really didnt bother me in the least....

1 hour ago, bannana said:

Meghan is a snowflake!

She is politicizing this, as are they all.  But it started with Trump saying other Presidents didn't call and that Obama didn't call Kelly.  Trump said he calls, and the press finds several that were not called.  None of this would have happened if he hadn't done his tit for tat bs at the press conference.

Now Kelly is saying what he told the Pres to say, verifying that he actually did say what the Congresswoman said.  Poor delivery of the message that Kelly coached him with. 

I just don't get MM's objections today.  The panel outlined how this is at Trump's feet, because he opened the discussion, he communicated poorly, and he clapped back when criticized. He has no ability to be gracious.  But poor MM is so distraught by this, and she doesn't seem to blame the pres she blames everyone else.  I don't get her.  And whoa, is she ever a bitch to Joy, and I am not really sure why.  Whoopi was much more emphatic about this yesterday than Joy but she gets a pass.

Kelly is a gold star father, I don't think anyone would disagree with what he said, the man's a straight shooter. Boy when he was speaking, everyone listened. It was amazing, it will likely be on the view Friday.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Kelly is a gold star father, I don't think anyone would disagree with what he said, the man's a straight shooter. Boy when he was speaking, everyone listened. It was amazing, it will likely be on the view Friday.

The family of the soldier of this story disagree. I don't think he has more value than they do.

• Love 21

We really haven't heard much from them, just the weird congresswoman that was OTT on the view.

The mother corroborated everything that has been said by the congresswoman. I'm not sure what her record has to do with Trump's words to a fallen soldier's family? Nice deflection for MM though I guess. I wonder why Whoopi didn't ask Meghan "Have you no shame???" too.

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The mother corroborated everything that has been said by the congresswoman. I'm not sure what her record has to do with Trump's words to a fallen soldier's family? Nice deflection for MM though I guess. I wonder why Whoopi didn't ask Meghan "Have you no shame???" too.

Thumbs up

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Tammee said:

People are saying that the cover has to be photoshopped because the way she's sitting is an impossible position.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And sorry Whoopi, this show ain’t Oprah or Donahue, where people listened and were influenced by what those two said.

God, I miss Donahue (Oprah, not so much).  Imagine - it went off the air in 1996.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, NeverLate said:

I don't want to veer off of the show, but I think you misunderstood what I posted.  Trump said he never said what he said to the "wife, the woman|".  Kelly confirmed he did when he related what he coached him to say.  Also interesting that Kelly said that he just days ago coached Trump how to make these calls.

I was okay with Kelly and admired his comments except when he went off on the tangent about women and religion being sacred, but not anymore.  Those are white man goggles.

I hope they do talk about this tomorrow, and Joy will be moderating.

• Love 13

And sorry Whoopi, this show ain’t Oprah or Donahue, where people listened and were influenced by what those two said.

She's not even close, I dont think I missed a show of Oprah's, I still watch her on 60 minutes..whoopi is all snark 

I think MM's presence on the show may be shortened, once ABC starts getting hundreds of thousands of complaints from angry viewers about her defense of Trump's, continued, offensive, hateful, outbursts against everyone who dares to publicly  disagree with him, by repeatedly saying:  "Nobody has the right to call Our President a Liar." I've had enough.

• Love 16

The other day day, MM said that she used to get in trouble in school for fighting in class. Then she said,  something like,  ha ha to those teachers because now she gets paid alot to fight. She's still in 13 year old, immature  mean girl mode.  

So,  MM is trying to start shit with  Joy.  

MM is so unworthy. She has half the brain of Joy and none of the class.

• Love 19
19 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

I think MM's presence on the show may be shortened, once ABC starts getting hundreds of thousands of complaints from angry viewers about her defense of Trump's, continued, offensive, hateful, outbursts against everyone who dares to publicly  disagree with him, by repeatedly saying:  "Nobody has the right to call Our President a Liar." I've had enough.

She seriously needs to get her ass to the library, go to the non-fiction section and read up, because she's clearly misinformed. Or lives in her own bubble.

• Love 14
55 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She seriously needs to get her ass to the library, go to the non-fiction section and read up, because she's clearly misinformed. Or lives in her own bubble.

She could even oh I don't know talk to her own father.  I don't even know if it's MM is misinformed or just plain doesn't want to know.  I think she is content to play the role that she was hired to play.  I mean what else does she having going for her?  At least Elisabeth had some sort of background in some sort of designing.  But if Meghan isn't on TV what is she going to do?

• Love 6

What.The.F*ck is MM wearing today?!?!   She seriously could not look more hideous if she intentionally said to herself, 'What is the ugliest, most unflattering sausage casing I can wear on TV?"   And her big angry left nipple is busting through her shirt.  What?  It's a red heart, you say?  But it can't be, because hers is so dark and tiny.   And she sat on her hands when everyone else was applauding Nancy Pelosi.  I doubt that her father approves of her disrespecting his colleague like that.  What is a word that means 'hate' x 1,000 - because that is what I feel for that haughty bitch.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

What.The.F*ck is MM wearing today?!?! 

The show isn't on here for another hour.  We can bet whatever she's wearing costs thousands.  

24 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

But if Meghan isn't on TV what is she going to do?

Shop and party.  Vegas, Baby, VEGAS!

• Love 7

Loved what Sara had to say today, about understanding a little more about the President said, via what Kelly had said. Kelly is the rock star

The congresswoman laughing at being a rock star, not  so much cray cray .FF through  Nancy , Joy was not in a good mood today....

Ok, so while Sheila E was singing the national anthem did the whole audience remain seated?  Were Paula and Meghan seated? Have to say that is now my favorite version, with all the inspiring quotes. Awesome. 

Can i get Lin Manuel Miranda to sing Feliz Cumpleanos to me?

In other news, shut up, Meghan.

• Love 15

MM shot herself in the foot with the way she asked that question, IMO. Had she left out the part trying to say the Democratic Party is just as divided as the GOP, she might have got a more substantive answer from Pelosi about younger Dems thinking she should step down.

Did anyone notice Paula rubbing Nancy's back at the end of the segment? Almost like an apologetic "Sorry about her" kind of gesture. 

Sunny and Sara both looked gorgeous today.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Ditto, Chicagocita.  I think MM could make her point w/o the anger.  Which even as I type this Im thinking how is that any different than WG?  aaaaaaah a conundrum!   I dont know why, all I can say is W doesnt bother me, but MM irritates to living F out of me.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Sheila E, no to the funky anthem. Its a beautiful anthem, but not sung that way.

Shelia E isn't the first person to do this. The anthem itself is problematic at in its roots, it's not that sacred. It was only made the anthem because a president's kid sang it. whoop de doo

• Love 10
23 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

^5 Mother Raven! (with all due respect) Im hoping, praying, that now that they scored Sen McCain, it wont be long after.  Fingers crossed!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

Shelia E isn't the first person to do this. The anthem itself is problematic at in its roots, it's not that sacred. It was only made the anthem because a president's kid sang it. whoop de doo

I didn't know this!  Which president?