Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/16/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I stuck around to watch the guest interview - a rarity for me - and really enjoyed Gabrielle Union. She seems very honest and charismatic. I couldn't tell you what she's appeared in, but I'll be watching for her now. I noticed that the ladies let her talk without interrupting her. Another rarity!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Once upon a time, she was a poster on the now defunct View message boards. 

God. What an absolute shit show all of that was. I have yet to see something like that again.  Her take down was epic. I sometimes watch for old names to pop up here. Arkin, Mont, Julie... It really was a fascinating study on adult behavior and full on psychosis. 

• Love 1

Serious question.  Has anyone noticed Whoopi terrible memory?   The other day she could not remember her manager name who passed away.  She said he had her manager for a long time.  she also seems to have hard time remember what words to use and loses her train of thought a lot.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

I know I’m off topic, but I’m so excited for the Psych movie too! And it’s a day after my birthday so ❤️???????

Okay, we'll let you off with a warning. THIS time. ????

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, orangeiguana said:

Women do this routinely to give our tootsies a break from high heels.

...and we've all heard stories about ladies (mostly) who remove their shoes during a flight--and then can't get them back on!

• Love 6

I think it was a mistake hiring MM. Senator McCain has been making the news on different issues lately and I don't think the co-hosts are able to discuss them normally with Meghan sitting right there.

ETA - like not to agree with him or disagree with him, or bring up his health............

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 10
On 10/16/2017 at 6:17 PM, useryikes said:

And, she's soooo boring.  No humor, boring, awful hair - what does she have going for her, besides a famous father.  Oh, and a member of the NRA.

Omg yes,Boring! 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Nothing in the picture offends me. And I have done the same.  

It's not "offensive," but his beautiful shoes look very expensive.  I'd want my man to wear beautiful stockings (too expensive to be socks) to keep the interior of those shoes looking great.  Still...he can afford to wear 'em once, I guess.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I think it was a mistake hiring MM. Senator McCain has been making the news on different issues lately and I don't think the co-hosts are able to discuss them normally with Meghan sitting right there.

ETA - like not to agree with him or disagree with him, or bring up his health............

Just yesterday, the clip they showed ended with his name, and no one even mentioned it. Felt weird.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Just yesterday, the clip they showed ended with his name, and no one even mentioned it. Felt weird.

It is weird. 

Why did/do they think MM is this great get? I'm serious.  I don't understand. She's Megan McCain.  Not Rachel Maddow.  I'm just so over MM. Someone asked if she was playing a role? Yes , yes she is.  She pretty much admitted the other day she is there to take the opposite point of view  at the table.  Why can't she just share her opinion,  even if it not a conservative pov.  

Mostly she bores the hell out of me.

• Love 17

Damn right Whoopi! I have my issues with her on so many things but this morning when she called out Trump "Have you no shame" when they discussed Trump's warning to McCain after McCain's speech when he received the Liberty Award. MM didn't go after Trump but she did explain her view about the whole thing and what's going on in Washington now.

Good for MM and good for Whoopi. Well done.

• Love 13

MM is such a BITCH.  I can't imagine that Blahblah would've talked to the congress woman like that.  I'm so glad she was put in her place.  UGH my blood is boiling.  Fire her NOW!  I'm flabbergasted that she's basically taking up for the man who talked shit about her own father.  Anything for the party, though.

Spoiler

Edited by JayD83
  • Love 19

MM was talking about how she likes to prepare in the morning for the show. She needs to try harder because she's coming across like a slightly more educated Bitsy. Oh that's right being like Bitsy was her aspiration. In this case MM has already made the Faux stop so it will be interesting to see if she can go back once she blows this gig.

• Love 10

Wow!!  That was one heck of a show!  I almost didn't watch, but I remembered that Rob Reiner was going to be on - & he wasn't even the highlight.  Loved Whoopie calling out #45 !!!  I have no idea what MM was thinking when she started yapping about not politicizing military deaths - but lord, I could have predicted the reaction from the congresswoman.  And it was some reaction.  Did anyone notice MM rolling her eyes in the middle of the rant?  Looked like a teen being reprimanded by mom.  Best show yet !!!  Now get rid of her !!!

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan McCain got owned by the congresswoman from Miami.  She tried to shame her for calling out the President and the congresswoman put her in her place.  She has had a long relationship with the young man who died. So, she had every right to speak up about the phone call. Megan will not last long on this show.  She looked like she wanted to cry afterwards. lol

I thought that part was terribly one sided and so hateful. I actually agreed with MM and then turned it off. It was too low.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Aileen said:

Oh, Whoopi. You started out so awesome with your Trump rant that was absolutely amazing. Then you shamed some model or real housewife or whateverTF she was for having implants. 

I don't think Whoopi went off script.  I think it was more a point of 'if you're going to body shame people and tell them what to do.  If you're going to that, calling out people is just not cool.  I keep trying to say you gotta take it, if you're going to dish it.

• Love 4

I don't understand why Meghan feels it's her "duty" to be so oppositional and combative, just because she's "the only" conservative. Just look at Steven Schmidt. "nuff said. And I saw the clip of that segment, and the reason why the audience was clapping was because someone else--called 45 for what he keeps proving himself to be: a Lying Liar Who Lies.

I also don't agree that it was one-sided and that Rep. Wilson was being mean to Meghan. Meghan asked her why she made it public when the call was supposed to be private--and Rep. Wilson explained how she knew Johnson--that she knew him for most of his life, as well as his brother. Just because 45 is from your party doesn't mean that you can't criticize him or call him out for his behavior and lies, or that one shouldn't. Just based on this clip, am I to infer that she is perfectly A-OK with him once again threatening and denigrating her father? She is unbelievably ignorant.

• Love 16

I'm joining with everyone else about Meghan McCain's attitude this morning!  What a mean girl, disrespecting the Congresswoman who knew the young man who died.  Ms. McCain's whole demeanor is just one of hateful snootniness, and smug condescension.  I had not watched for several days but tuned in this morning to see Rob Reiner but ended up turning off the TV because Ms.McCain was making my blood boil!  And they showed the clip of her father receiving the Liberty Medal and what a fine speech he maide, and yet Missy did not agree with her Father at all, and was all about defending Trump's odious behavior.  The way she kept badgering the Congresswoman was just awful!  I will have to give up this show, and yet I've always liked hearing Joy's take on things and Sarah's positive attitude.  Just Ugh, and am waiting for Ms. McCain to get fired from The View.

• Love 8

How much more of MM's vile and vicious attitude do we need to see?  It was a mistake to have her on this show and she needs to go NOW.  She seems less supportive and admiring of her father than the rest of the panel, which I just don't understand.  He's really the only reason she has become known and she shows no appreciation of that fact.  You'd think she was Frump's daughter instead of McCain's.

Surely there is another conservative figure who could take her place on the panel. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I was hoping Frederica was about to do what she wanted to do to Trump, and start cursing Meghan McCain out live. What a disgusting woman Meghan is. That's the first time she's reached Jedi levels for me. She was even bitching out the audience.

NEVER complain about the audience!  EVER!  Viewers and fans are what keep you on the air, you twit.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 9

I think it’s worth noting that Meghan McCain was absent from the interview with Woody Harrelson.  As I watched the interview, for some reason he kept reminding me of something related to John McCain.  Then I remembered that he played Steve Schmidt in the movie Game Changer.  Meghan McCain has talked about her disdain for the film on a number of occassions... here for instance:

But I just found her absence to be very apparent.  Isn’t Julianne Moore on The View this week?  She played Palin in the film, so I would be very curious to see if Meghan suddenly is backstage for her interview as well. 

(Happy first post ever to me.)

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I missed the whole interview with the Congresswoman  What did MM say about the audience?

She said, "I am upset with the audience....." They were reacting to the topic at hand and their reaction was not to MM's liking.  

I deleted it so I can't go back and transcribe it for you.  It was probably about the soldier and how poorly Trump handled it.  Anyway they either laughed or groaned.  It was an anti Trump reaction.  

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, wings707 said:

NEVER complain about the audience!  EVER!  Viewers and fans are what keep you on the air, you twit.  

She said she was uncomfortable with the cheering, I'm no Trump fan, but it was disturbing.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

I think it’s worth noting that Meghan McCain was absent from the interview with Woody Harrelson.  As I watched the interview, for some reason he kept reminding me of something related to John McCain.  Then I remembered that he played Steve Schmidt in the movie Game Changer.  Meghan McCain has talked about her disdain for the film on a number of occassions... here for instance:

But I just found her absence to be very apparent.  Isn’t Julianne Moore on The View this week?  She played Palin in the film, so I would be very curious to see if Meghan suddenly is backstage for her interview as well. 

(Happy first post ever to me.)

Meghan trashed the Palins after the election.  Why isn't that disloyal?  Nicolle didn't vote for McCain because she knew Sarah Palin was a moron.  Meghan then wrote a book and called the Palins bad names.  How are they different?  Oh I get it - Meghan was attempting to shift blame to Sarah Palin.  Palin's choice as VP is totally on John McCain's shoulders.  He had a temper tantrum because his choice (Liebermann) would not be accepted as his VP.  

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I missed the whole interview with the Congresswoman  What did MM say about the audience?

13 minutes ago, wings707 said:

She said, "I am upset with the audience....." They were reacting to the topic at hand and their reaction was not to MM's liking.  

I deleted it so I can't go back and transcribe it for you.  It was probably about the soldier and how poorly Trump handled it.  Anyway they either laughed or groaned.  It was an anti Trump reaction.  

8 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

She said she was uncomfortable with the cheering, I'm no Trump fan, but it was disturbing.

They were cheering and clapping because Rep. Wilson called 45 a Liar. I don't see what is so disturbing about that.

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'd say the topic disturbing. I found he audience's response was comforting and reassuring.

But the women who sounded upset, understandably,  then she went off on another tangent saying this is Trumps Benghazi..she sounded a tad crazy. It's just poor taste to use this soldiers death, on this show. jmho 

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

They were cheering and clapping because Rep. Wilson called 45 a Liar. I don't see what is so disturbing about that.

Because it just seemed crass over a soldiers death. 

• Love 2