Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/16/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday

Dolly Parton ("I Believe in You"); "View Your Deal" with hottest items at affordable prices (They picked a really bad photo of Dolly to use)

Tuesday

Gabrielle Union (author "We're Going To Need More Wine")

Wednesday:

Woody Harrelson and Rob Reiner ("LBJ")

Thursday:

Julianne Moore ("Wonderstruck," "Suburbicon"); Patti LuPone (Broadway's "War Paint")

Friday:
Sunny Hostin's birthday celebration with a performance by Sheila E., The Political View with Democratic Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3

Meghan better be doing her homework this weekend (i.e. memorizing the talking points) because she's going to be going up against some very smart liberals this week who will surely have a thing or two to say about the current administration.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Haleth said:

I noticed Meghan's birthday is 10/23. Will she get a birthday episode too?

Along with a reel of her finest The View moments?  or should I say moment?

Finally, some good guests, I'll be DVRing every ep this week, that hasn't happened in a blue moon!

• Love 1

MM seems to be settling in & not talking nonsense, although she did say "tribal" again.  She really got emotional when talking to Dolly Parton (she's a big fan) about rainbows.  I didn't find her to be as much of a turn-off as Jedi, but it's early!!!

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Haleth said:

I noticed Meghan's birthday is 10/23. Will she get a birthday episode too?

My guess is a cake and a videotaped message from her family. 

I'm not a big fan of Dolly Parton's music, but she seems like a lovely woman. I enjoyed her segment. 

Sara was on GMA this morning and looked nice in a black dress. Her clothing, hair and makeup usually look much better on GMA than they do on The View. 

• Love 1

I didn't think Meghan would ever shut up when Dolly was on. She went on and on about how much Dolly means to her without asking a single question or allowing the guest to speak. And this was after a pointless 30yo clip of Whoopi on Dolly's show. I thought they'd  run out of time before she even had a chance to mention why she was there. 

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I didn't think Meghan would ever shut up when Dolly was on.

And, she's soooo boring.  No humor, boring, awful hair - what does she have going for her, besides a famous father.  Oh, and a member of the NRA.

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, useryikes said:

And, she's soooo boring.  No humor, boring, awful hair - what does she have going for her, besides a famous father.  Oh, and a member of the NRA.

And did Kimmel actually say NRA members?  I thought in the clip they showed that he talked about gun violence.  But MM had to say that she is an NRA member.  It's like she is playing a role. Joy made the good point that the majority of Americans want gun control and want health care.

• Love 11

Did I miss something?  WTF does James Corden being British have to do with the appropriateness of taking a swipe at Weinstein?  Meghan is a moron.  She thought SNL was hilarious.  She thought if Whoopi (suck up), Joy (suck up), or Bill Maher (suck up) said it things would be different?

She must think one of two things:

Only Americans can mock Weinstein - Well some of his victims were British, do they not count?

She doesn't "get" British humor - Well, not many stupid people do.

• Love 18

Did someone give a talking to Meghan? Because she was almost tolerable during the first segment up until she said that she didn’t find what James Corden had to say. One of the reasons? “Because he’s British.” DAFUCK?????

1 hour ago, bannana said:

And did Kimmel actually say NRA members?  I thought in the clip they showed that he talked about gun violence.  But MM had to say that she is an NRA member.  It's like she is playing a role. Joy made the good point that the majority of Americans want gun control and want health care.

No he did NOT. And this is where she lost me again. What Kimmel said was that those people who wanted him to shut up and not talk about healthcare and gun violence, well they don’t have to watch his show because they weren’t the kind of people he’d be friends with anyway. He rolled his eyes sarcastically and did a wave away with his hand. At NO TIME did he say he wouldn’t want to have a conversation with those that disagree with him or the NRA.  And then she threw in “I’m a member of the NRA!” and went on to say, “See, this is what I Mean about Tribalism.”  blah, blah,blah, rinse, lather, repeat.????

And oooh, I’m not ashamed of the burrrn Whoopi gave 45 about his silence over the soldiers killed in Niger with (paraphrasing) ‘You were most vocal about Benghazi.’ OH SNAP!!!!

Loved seeing Dolly! Wish she had sung 9-5, but instead we get Meghan being given time to blubber again. Is she going to do this every day, every week? YOU are not the guest, Meghan, but one of the hosts!

But. I did laugh at Dolly’s attempt talking Valley Girl.????

I’m so ashamed.

JINX! @RedheadZombie!!??

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But. I did laugh at Dolly’s attempt talking Valley Girl.????

That clip cracked me up due to the look on Whoopi's face in it when Dolly started talking Valley Girl. It didn't seem like the surprised expression was an act. It was one of the highlights of today. Glad your enjoying the emoticons. ?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, useryikes said:

No humor, boring, awful hair

Exactly!  I wonder if her attempt to appear as "Our Conservative," (which just comes off as judgmental), will not allow her to show a modicum of kindness...or a sense of humor.   Is there some burr or electrical-shocking device on that particular stool that makes the person sitting there so pissed?

• Love 12

I thought MM was tolerable today. She did talk too much at Dolly, but at least she popped into a conversation that wasn't about politics. (She was either rabidly "The Conservative" last week or sat primly and silently with her hands folded.) I bet they talked to her about it. I did laugh when she said that if gorgeous people went for a year without sex, what could the rest of us expect? (No, it didn't make sense, but I could see one of my friends saying that, and it made me giggle.)

I saw her bringing up the NRA and her being a member as her trying to play up her "conservative" bona-fides. It's hard for someone who believes in gay rights, is pro-choice/albeit anti-abortion, is pro-legalization of marijuana, and who loathes the current Republican president to be considered a true believer by a lot of the base, so -- IMHO -- she's emphasizing the views that qualify her to be "The Conservative" at the table.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 7

MM is a waste of space. Nothing new. Just a conservative parrot. 

She also desperately needs lowlights in her overly bleached out, old style hair.  And softer makeup.   And to stop squinting her eyes.  And to talk about something else besides herself. 

• Love 7

Whoopie is such a bitch to Sunny. She is always on the attack.  It pisses me off that she was never this aggressive with Sherry or Elizabeth. Two idiots that had no business being a host on the show.  She has a problem with strong women. Sunny gets under her skin.  Yet, she never goes after Joy. I do remember one time that she was trying to goad Joy into saying the N word.  Joy was too smart for that...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 14
32 minutes ago, Jewlmc said:

I would be so happy if this show stopped using tweets from julie4-evert. Aren't there more tweets to pick from?

22 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Maybe it's Jed revenge-tweeting?

No - Julie4evert has been tweeting to the view for a long time, probably since The View started putting tweets on the screen. she seems to have her tweets written and ready to go, because she replies so immediately when a topic is brought up. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, sugarbaker design said:

I was joking.

Oh, I got that you were joking.   With all the news on Russian "bots" and Russian-paid accounts  on social media, I have been curious for a long time about those pro-trump tweets on The View.  Mostly, wondering who the people were who seemed to watch the show only to see their tweets on air, disagreeing with what was being said.  I paid more attention to the names, and noticed that julie4evert was THE most frequent commenter.    Rachel Maddow did a piece recently about people who were paid during the presidential campaign to post certain things on social media, but also in comment sections of youtube and yahoo, and that it was still going on. It opened my eyes to some of the manipulative techniques, to sway popular opinion.  If someone is watching The View, and keeps seeing tweets and facebook posts ON THE SCREEN, they could be convinced that those are what "most" viewers think, when it's actually a handful of people watching.  

I wish they would get rid of it altogether.  If I want to read social media while watching TV, I know how to do that.  (I'd rather read here, actually) 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What did she do this time?

They were talking about an actor who was eating barefoot at a restaurant. Sunny voiced her displeasure and Whoopie felt the need to talk down to her.  She told her that she was too precious. I am with Sunny. I know that Sunny can be a bit much with her views about certain things, but, that is her perspective. She does not need to be told by the movie star, how she needs to view things..

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

They were talking about an actor who was eating barefoot at a restaurant. Sunny voiced her displeasure and Whoopie felt the need to talk down to her.  She told her that she was too precious. I am with Sunny. I know that Sunny can be a bit much with her views about certain things, but, that is her perspective. She does not need to be told by the movie star, how she needs to view things..

1F5799BA-23CF-4E57-B688-18EB7A39CC6C.jpeg

• Love 5
1 hour ago, backformore said:

No - Julie4evert has been tweeting to the view for a long time, probably since The View started putting tweets on the screen. she seems to have her tweets written and ready to go, because she replies so immediately when a topic is brought up. 

Once upon a time, she was a poster on the now defunct View message boards. 

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, backformore said:

Oh, I got that you were joking.   With all the news on Russian "bots" and Russian-paid accounts  on social media, I have been curious for a long time about those pro-trump tweets on The View.  Mostly, wondering who the people were who seemed to watch the show only to see their tweets on air, disagreeing with what was being said.  I paid more attention to the names, and noticed that julie4evert was THE most frequent commenter.    Rachel Maddow did a piece recently about people who were paid during the presidential campaign to post certain things on social media, but also in comment sections of youtube and yahoo, and that it was still going on. It opened my eyes to some of the manipulative techniques, to sway popular opinion.  If someone is watching The View, and keeps seeing tweets and facebook posts ON THE SCREEN, they could be convinced that those are what "most" viewers think, when it's actually a handful of people watching.  

On FB and also Huffington Post all I have to do is see a certain names and I know which side of an issue they will fall on.  

• Love 2

Whoopi also said to Sara, on the subject of feet, "Maybe [manners-challenged actor] smells better than you."

Whoopi sure likes to defend ... well, hell, I'll just be blunt ... stinky and inappropriate behavior.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Whoopi also said to Sara, on the subject of feet, "Maybe [manners-challenged actor] smells better than you."

Whoopi sure likes to defend being ... well, hell, I'll just be blunt ... stinky and inappropriate behavior.

Birds of a feather........

• Love 7

I just googled the Chris Hemsworth story, it was in a fancy restaurant.  In the picture (that I tried to attach) he's sitting barefeet with his feet underneath his chair.  It doesn't seem like a huge deal to me.  Maybe his shoes were killing him.  Besides, every inch of him is gorgeous.

chris-hemsworth-1200.jpg

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I just googled the Chris Hemsworth story, it was in a fancy restaurant.  In the picture (that I tried to attach) he's sitting barefeet with his feet underneath his chair.  It doesn't seem like a huge deal to me.  Maybe his shoes were killing him.

Women do this routinely to give our tootsies a break from high heels.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I just googled the Chris Hemsworth story, it was in a fancy restaurant.  In the picture (that I tried to attach) he's sitting barefeet with his feet underneath his chair.  It doesn't seem like a huge deal to me.  Maybe his shoes were killing him.  Besides, every inch of him is gorgeous.

chris-hemsworth-1200.jpg

The objectionable part to many people would not be that his shoes were off but that his shirt was on.