Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

General Hospital suffers from the same problem of treating a mediocre actor as its star attraction.  It's why I don't watch that show anymore.

If you mean Maurice Bernard as Sonny, I agree completely. I left the show when they gutted and kille off the Quartermaines for the Sonny Corinthos show. So many characters were sacrificed at his alter, it's a shame.

• Love 5

She wouldn't be the first soap actor though who thinks if they leave a soap they are destined for stardom. Given how much she is being used on Days I wouldn't blame her if she did think there were lots of opportunities out there for her.

eta: I forgot to add I definitely think the casting call is indeed for an Abby recast.  The timing also fits with the blind item that came out yesterday about a popular actress getting ready to depart and KM's contract is up next month..

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 4

If you mean Maurice Bernard as Sonny, I agree completely. I left the show when they gutted and kille off the Quartermaines for the Sonny Corinthos show. So many characters were sacrificed at his alter, it's a shame.

Sonny has yet to suffer any consequences for his villainous acts from seducing an underage Karen with drugs and forcing her to become a stripper, to killing AJ, simply because he disliked him. In fact, he  has been rewarded. He is considered the "good" mobster...I stopped watching the show and I have never looked back...

• Love 4

It will be DAYS loss, if the popular actress leaving blind item is her. They've done horribly at keeping their young talent on the cast. Chandler, Freddie, Blake, Casey D, Camilia (she already has a new pilot and will be out the door  soon enough) and now Kate. Billy Flynn's contract is also up in a few months. 

Are they going to have the younger set instead be Ciara, Chace, Theo and Claire? Because they're in trouble if that's the case.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

It will be DAYS loss, if the popular actress leaving blind item is her. They've done horribly at keeping their young talent on the cast. Chandler, Freddie, Blake, Casey D, Camilia (she already has a new pilot and will be out the door  soon enough) and now Kate. Billy Flynn's contract is also up in a few months. 

Are they going to have the younger set instead be Ciara, Chace, Theo and Claire? Because they're in trouble if that's the case.

Ain't that the truth. If Billy Flynn isn't re-upped, they're lunatics. 

Maybe they are looking for am actress to replace her that has spunk, that way they can put abby in a meaty story line and it doesn't bite the dust bc of her. But it's probably not her leaving. From what my mom tells me she thinks hope is leaving after the new year. She said she read that somewhere. So this could be the popular person leaving the show

I think it is gross that Hope will be taking Sami's ex....They are not in the same generation...It is bad enough seeing Lucas with Adrienne...

You know there are only about 8 years between KA and GG - that's hardly a different generation! That's about the same age range between Lucas and Adrienne.

As for Hope potentially being with Sami's ex? Seems on par for soaps in general. After Bo is gone from the show, Hope will need a storyline and since the writers decided to destroy Aidan I guess Rafe can step in. Perhaps the Rafe/Hope pairing will work out. They are doing okay with the friendship stuff.

You know there are only about 8 years between KA and GG - that's hardly a different generation! That's about the same age range between Lucas and Adrienne.

As for Hope potentially being with Sami's ex? Seems on par for soaps in general. After Bo is gone from the show, Hope will need a storyline and since the writers decided to destroy Aidan I guess Rafe can step in. Perhaps the Rafe/Hope pairing will work out. They are doing okay with the friendship stuff.

Agreed.

Im curious how does anyone think it's gross for Hope to move on with Rafe because of Sami.

If history serves me right, Rafe has also been with Carrie (Sami's sister), Kate, and Nicole.. Plus Sami is long removed from being in a romance with Rafe. Sami has never been nasty to Aunt Hope in all my years of watching if she even attempts to go about Rafe possibly being with Hope.. Lastly it wouldn't be the first time Sami and Hope have been with similar men... back in the day Franco wanted Hope before he got with Sami.

While I still want Hope and Rafe to only stay friends, if I do see that spark then I will have to be like "Ok!!! I concede." Even if it kills me.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

I'm curious how does anyone think it's gross for Hope to move on with Rafe because of Sami.

I'm not the poster who originally raised the objection, but I would say it might be because, though Alfonso and Gehring aren't of different generations, Sami and Hope actually are: Sami is Hope's niece, the child of her brother-in-law. Although I can never decide how many years are supposed to be between Roman and his brother and sisters. (Nor can I remember -- not that I want to -- how many years lie between Hope and her sister-slash-stepmother.)

I think this is one of the odd side effects of SORAS -- romantic entanglements sometimes take on a weird inter-generational aspect. Also: Hope has a life that's creepy and depressing.

• Love 2

Sami and Hope actually are: Sami is Hope's niece, the child of her brother-in-law. Although I can never decide how many years are supposed to be between Roman and his brother and sisters. (Nor can I remember -- not that I want to -- how many years lie between Hope and her sister-slash-stepmother.)

The Bradys and Hortons should had stopped screwing each other once Lucas and Sami happened. Hope's first cousin is Lucas. Sami's cousin is Chelsea and Lucas niece is Chelsea.

I think Julie and Hope can't be no more than 8-10 yrs apart.. Addie was middle aged when she had Hope.

• Love 2

I'm not the poster who originally raised the objection, but I would say it might be because, though Alfonso and Gehring aren't of different generations, Sami and Hope actually are: Sami is Hope's niece, the child of her brother-in-law. Although I can never decide how many years are supposed to be between Roman and his brother and sisters. (Nor can I remember -- not that I want to -- how many years lie between Hope and her sister-slash-stepmother.)

I think this is one of the odd side effects of SORAS -- romantic entanglements sometimes take on a weird inter-generational aspect. Also: Hope has a life that's creepy and depressing.

Well Roman is the oldest of 4 and Bo is the youngest so there could be quite a few years there. Plus Hope is younger than Bo yet.

I don't have a problem with Hope & Rafe at all. I think they'd fit well together. While KA might be older than GG in real life KA still looks quite young so visually I don't notice much of an age difference.  

• Love 3

If Hope really blames the DiMera for Bo's disapperance and impending death, the writers better make it good... The Dimeras have been quite boring the last few years. The show needs an injection of good vs bad again. Plus with Hope being a tragic soap heroine I want Bo's death to harden and toughen her up. Like I want to see that no bullshit, take no prison's cop come out of her. For instance, if you come for her family you'll regret it. You shoot at her, she'll outshoot you better. With all these prime time soapy shows that have strong female detectives, spys, undercover agents etc it's shame daytime doesn't have those besides Anna Davane on GH. Im probably asking for too much from the writers but I want this really bad with the Hope character.. Don't have her being this sad, depressed character for too long.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

The character of Hope was born in 1974, Julie was already on the show as a teenager when the show came on the air in 1965, so she would have been in her 20s when Hope was born.

According to celebdirtylaundry, Bo and Hope are going to make love before he tells her he's dying.  I guess another Brady baby will be coming along.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2

Or baby WTD. If Hope is marrying for the 2nd time in a week and having a honeymoon night for the 2nd time in a week, it could be a WTD. Rafe likes raising other peoples kids and hides them, he's done it with EJ tons of times.

• Love 3

Wait -- Hope had a butler?

Of course!  Shane was the butler for Mr and Mrs Larry Welch.  He was new to Salem and Undercover ISA, investigating Larry's involvement with all things illegal.  Larry had married Hope because she was a scion of Salem Society and wanted a "trophy" wife.  And  the Welches needed a butler!

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 2

According to celebdirtylaundry, Bo and Hope are going to make love before he tells her he's dying. I guess another Brady baby will be coming along.

Highway to heaven love making!

Tear it up, Beauregard!!

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

"And then she needs to shift to being his doctor."

Except, no, she really, really doesn't. There's no way Kayla should be treating any family member, let alone all of them. But that horse is long gone out of the barn, so.

Thanks, SanDiegoInExile! I didn't remember how Shane was introduced at all.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

HMM

I think Bo might make it pass Christmas

Maybe.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/spoilers

"Shawn Douglas Brady, Bo Brady, and Sami DiMera's returns are each for two months."

Bo has already been on for 2 months. He appeared just after Labor Day on screen. Honestly though, these 2 months returns are a joke as the actors don't really film 2 months worth of substantial material. Bo was shown in small snippets being held  hostage for over a month, and Sami appears one day out of each week and then the story is dropped for another 5 days. The pacing on this show has become awful. I find it really annoying.  If they are going to bring these vets back then give them 2 months of screen time ala Kate Mansi quantity. She is shown more in a week than any of these characters are shown in 2 months. Ridiculous. 

• Love 2

Typical Bo, sleep with Hope first and then drop the "I'm dying" bombshell on her.

And this Bo/Kayla thing reminds me of when he had the ISA virus and Kayla was one of the very few who knew for a while. He refused to tell Carly at all (so, I guess that's progress) and so when he collapsed and was hospitalized, he talked Kayla into switching her blood for his so that Carly still wouldn't find out. Kayla was suspended from the hospital for a while and almost lost her entire medical career because of it.

Billy Flynn may very well choose to leave no matter how much the show offers him, because most young actors don't want to make a career on a soap. Camila Banus, we'll see. Getting a pilot doesn't mean anything in itself because most pilots don't get picked up.

• Love 2

Typical Bo, sleep with Hope first and then drop the "I'm dying" bombshell on her.

Thanks to your post, It hit me, what if Bo doesn't die on screen... but he leaves the show with a brain disease and we're left in limbo if hes dead or not. This is a soap and it wouldn't be far-fetched if these writers did something like that.

• Love 1

And this Bo/Kayla thing reminds me of when he had the ISA virus and Kayla was one of the very few who knew for a while. He refused to tell Carly at all (so, I guess that's progress) and so when he collapsed and was hospitalized, he talked Kayla into switching her blood for his so that Carly still wouldn't find out. Kayla was suspended from the hospital for a while and almost lost her entire medical career because of it.

Billy Flynn may very well choose to leave no matter how much the show offers him, because most young actors don't want to make a career on a soap. Camila Banus, we'll see. Getting a pilot doesn't mean anything in itself because most pilots don't get picked up.

This is around the time I first started watching the show thats the first story I remeber.

I held out hope for a long time that they wouldn't actually have Bo die.  It's disappointing.  From all accounts this is what Peter Reckell wanted but I don't understand why.  Did TIIC not want him back on contract or did he not want to come back?   It would have been a better story, for me anyway, if Bo and Hope tried to make it work but couldn't, and they both moved on.  Then PR could have left to do whatever.

• Love 2

It would have been a better story, for me anyway, if Bo and Hope tried to make it work but couldn't, and they both moved on.  Then PR could have left to do whatever.

I completely agree, though I doubt many of the Bo/Hope fans out there would. I have a feeling those fans simply wouldn't accept that Bope couldn't work it out and would move on.

I think it would be an interesting story especially for a 'super couple' because sometimes love isn't enough.

I will say this though, I much prefer killing Bo this way than one of those lame 'we never found the body' ways.

• Love 2

I think Julie and Hope can't be no more than 8-10 yrs apart.. Addie was middle aged when she had Hope.

Julie and Addie were actually rivals for Doug.  Julie young 20-something and Addie was older - and rich.  So, of course Doug married her, eventually had genuine feelings for her and then she died when Hope was a baby.  

• Love 1

I held out hope for a long time that they wouldn't actually have Bo die. It's disappointing. From all accounts this is what Peter Reckell wanted but I don't understand why. Did TIIC not want him back on contract or did he not want to come back? It would have been a better story, for me anyway, if Bo and Hope tried to make it work but couldn't, and they both moved on. Then PR could have left to do whatever.

Normally, Im open minded to a recast especially if the actor sucks playing the role, but I'm closed minded to Bo being played by anyone else but Peter (Im in too deep my Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

Whoa, that's one spicy spoiler, BlackMamba! There are all kinds of tempting tidbits in that article, and meanwhile, Dan is supposed to meet an untimely end, right?  This show sure isn't going to get any lighter for a long time. 

meanwhile, Dan is supposed to meet an untimely end, right?  This show sure isn't going to get any lighter for a long time.

Actually that one will make the show much lighter for me! I will be joyful and happy when Dr Tan finally exits (please let the rumors be true)! I don't care if characters on the show are sad, I'll be happy!

• Love 3

Watch, if Stefano really gets killed off this time, watch it be Caroline who kills him. Caroline and Bo are very close especially when it came out that Bo was a Kiriakis. The old lady might just have her breaking point.

What would be good (and yes Im speaking this way because I want Hope to get more storyline push) if Hope does off Stefano BUT this whole time it was Ava who held Bo hostage for all these years. If written well it can open up the Dimera/Brady wars and bring on the Vitalis as new organized crime family. But I wont hold my breath. That would be too much like trying with the writers and producers of this show.

Here's the preview that was shown at the Day of Days Fan Event today:

Oh damn! Thanks for the video!!! Im ready for this.

• Love 2

So Belle cheated on Shawn again??? Yeah tell Shawn tell her to get the steppin!

Apparently Nicole and Eric wont be happening again but Nicole and Flyn will.

Rafe will honor Bo's request at "watching" ovee Hope (Rope seems like a go, hopefully it is rushed romance though Im not a big fan of the idea).

And Ben burning the bed ul reminds me of the Burning Bed. Cant wait to see how this plays out.

• Love 1

Holy crap that looks insane! The scene where it looks like it might be Thanksgiving it also looks like everyone is dressed for a funeral.

About Daniel dying..I get that he isn't liked but if the rumor is true that Parker dies in a car crash with him..well I'm having a hard time loving the idea of that if it turns out to be true.

• Love 2

I LOVE Ben setting the bed on fire. I mean - really now - could there possibly be a better end for Abigail? LOL, I know it won't actually happen (and no, I'm not advocating that kind of thing) but I had to laugh when I saw that. Like, "did he finally get the memo?"

Really hoping Joe M isn't out quite yet. I get that he needs time to himself now, but I won't feel right about them writing him out until they've proven they can do right by the vets...which I seriously question right now.

I mean...who ISN'T getting killed off these Days?

• Love 2

Wow, Tamara Braun/Ava looked awesome slash deliciously evil peeling her sunglasses off.  Is that Joey she's talking to/in league with?

ETA...seems like a lot of Phillip set-up.  Victor giving Brady the ultimatum about the company/the family, and I assume Belle cheated with him.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Tamara! So excited to see her. The promo is amazing, totally love it all. DAYS really is taking the 50th through the year. Literally lighting Chad and Abby on fire to die together while he has them tied to a bed? LOL Ben's so crazy but I love the writing, so soapy.

I expected Joseph Mascolo to stay and be welcomed as long as he could. Is he the blind item then?

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

About Daniel dying..I get that he isn't liked but if the rumor is true that Parker dies in a car crash with him..well I'm having a hard time loving the idea of that if it turns out to be true.

Yikes, I hadn't heard that.  I was hoping Parker would somehow end up with Nicole.

• Love 4