Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

I think that it was still rape...She had no choice but sleep with EJ or Lucas was going to die.

Legally it was not, she was coerced/bribed into the sex and with sound mind she gave consent.

Leaving Lucas there to die was a choice. It wasn't a good one but it was a choice, getting out of the car and attempting to find anyone else, another choice. She had options, she chose to go through with EJ's deal consented under the circumstances of the time.

And considering her off/on feelings for EJ, it was supposed to be shades of gray since she did have some type of feelings for him. Ido agree with BlackMamba, EJ and Sami belonged together. They were very alike, Sami was always more Dimera than Brady. Kidnapping, blackmailing, rape, etc..

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Sami and EJ are both pretty awful characters...but I think there's a difference (slight) between teenaged Sami and her plot to steal Austin away from her more popular sister Carrie by raping him (or pretending to?) and EJ actually raping Sami because...he...um...wanted to? His father told him to? His father wanted him and Sami together? I don't remember the details surrounding the EJ/Sami rape (I know it was to save Lucas' life or something) but I don't think you can easily equate these two bizarre events and call them equal. EJ's rape was an assault, direct and full of pride, and Sami's was...well I don't remember it exactly but I think it seemed less forceful. EJ practically bragged about it, right? With a big smile on his face?

I'll say this - I liked the AS/JS chemistry too, but I hated hated hated the way the show tried to suggest that because Sami had been awful in the past, she deserved a messed-up guy who was bad for entirely different reasons and in entirely different ways. If Sami is a quasi-heroine (and she is, lets face it), then it would be nice to see her rise above her villainy and channel her nasty behaviour into something good...like her partnership with Kate, which was kind of the ultimate climax to her development.

She realized (sorta) that her husband was an evil dirtbag, destroyed his company and his father (the show's ultimate villain) by teaming up with the evil mother-in-law she actually had a lot in common with who wasn't anywhere near as evil as the two men. Brilliant!

Except then the writers backtracked and now it's "EJ was the best11!!" again without any justification for it. I get the coupling has fans, but it's pretty gross to say that because of Sami's worst mistake, she deserves to be paired up with a rapist. No one deserves to be raped - period. End of subject.

The real shame here is that they went to such a dark place with EJ and in so doing made it impossible to really root for him as a character.

I never saw him laughing about Kristin's rape of Eric, but that's also pretty awful (can anyone describe that scene?) 

Bottom line - even overlooking EJ's rape of Sami, the guy was involved in drug dealing and a cheater. Neither one of those two things make him likeable to me as a viewer. Sami dressing up like a man for a couple of months? As far as evil schemes go, that's pretty awesome, and exactly the kind of villainy I can enjoy watching. I just couldn't root for EJ.

Keep in mind the death isnt ending with Bo. Its also rumored Daniel is being killed off. Days sure knows how to celebrate! Ugh.

Yeah, I was just thinking about how Daniel is getting killed off soon too. Oy. I was thinking "well at least the Nicole/Dan wedding in a few months will wipe clean the memory of this fiasco with poor Aiden"...but nope. When I'm looking forward to a Daniel story you know this show is failing something fierce.

And Eve is probably going to get into trouble with creepy Eddie too. So Bo, Daniel, Eve and by extension everyone else left on the show is going to miserable for the next few months. Wonderful.

So...what are the happy things we can look forward to? Theresa/Kate/Nicole's business, if they continue to write that as a positive fun thing...and maybe a Marlena/John wedding? Cripes - two whole plots! Wow!

What I wouldn't give for some Susan shennanigans or Vivian and Yvon or Celeste and her campy visions. Anything for a laugh. Maybe Judi Evans can play her South Western Mama character again instead of Adrienne? She was fun...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

If the baby lives, I hope that baby stays Ben's. Dont let me down Dena and Josh.

I'd rather see it be Ben's too. I have no interest in this Chabby pairing.  And I hold out hope that at some point KM will loose favor with this show and even if it is Chad's kid now, it will later be revealed to be Ben's via some paternity switch.  Look at Chloe's kid. He needs a score card to keep track if Phillip or Daniel is his father. With Dan biting the dust soon and Phillip and Chloe returning it will probably revert back again. 

I think that it was still rape...She had no choice but sleep with EJ or Lucas was going to die. Don't forget that Stefano had sent EJ to impregnate Sami, so that he can harvest that child's bone marrow to cure his cancer.  That is so disgusting and machiavellian. Not to mention rape by faux Rafe, that EJ put in her bed for months....I will never understand the Ejami love..To each his own...

I think Lumi is the last couple on the show that got supercouple writing....Lumi had the potential to be great and their evolution from partners in crime in keeping  Carrie and Austin apart, to bitter enemies after Will's paternity reveal to slowly falling in love years later, after Sami was mute due to an accident was a wonder to behold..Sigh!

While admittedly the writing for Ejami has been flawed (but then what couples haven't suffered poor writing in the last decade), for me the strength in them as a couple lies strongly in the chemistry between the actors. That's an element that is often missing in the pairings today, and I believe it's part of why certain couples became SuperCouples back in the 80's and other couples were easily forgotten. The show was much better then with matching actors/actresses that had good chemistry. And that shows on screen. But you can also tell when the actors are interviewed off screen that they are good friends in real life (AS/JS, MBE/SN, KA/PR etc.)  I'm not saying that Sami and Lucas lacked any chemistry but it played off more as friendship chemistry than romantic chemistry to me. 

Legally it was not, she was coerced/bribed into the sex and with sound mind she gave consent.

Leaving Lucas there to die was a choice. It wasn't a good one but it was a choice, getting out of the car and attempting to find anyone else, another choice. She had options, she chose to go through with EJ's deal consented under the circumstances of the time.

And considering her off/on feelings for EJ, it was supposed to be shades of gray since she did have some type of feelings for him. Ido agree with BlackMamba, EJ and Sami belonged together. They were very alike, Sami was always more Dimera than Brady. Kidnapping, blackmailing, rape, etc..

Agree on several points. 1. There was a distinct difference in the way the Ejami "rape" was filmed/portrayed vs Sami & Austin or Jack & Kayla.  It was definitely meant to be gray. We never saw the actual deed; it was all cut-away. EJ was calm, not violent. Sami gave distressed consent, but she never screamed or physically resisted. And she was not unattracted to him. Her objections were to the circumstances of the situation, not disgust at sleeping with him entirely.  In contrast, Kayla never wanted to have sex with Jack. She screamed 'no' and tried to fight him off. She had bruises and was physically hurt. Jack appeared as a monster forcing himself on his wife who begged and screamed for him to stop. EJ acted as a cunning bad guy, taking advantage of the situation and testing the extent of his power. But then he was a Dimera and I don't think we've seen any yet that are truly good, though some are clearly more evil than others. Which brings me to point 2...Sami and EJ made a great "dark romance" couple. Sami never has or could walk the straight and narrow and EJ always accepted that about her. Might be a large part of what he loved about her. They were in a sense kindred souls. He was far more accepting of her than her own family. And without the "bad guys" on the show, the "good guys" would get boring. They shouldn't be redeemed. It's not in the nature of the characters. In fact, I think the show missed major opportunities at some great "partners in crime" storylines for Sami and EJ, especially in the last year when Corday was more focused on screwing them over for leaving his show. Maybe it's jealously; he only wishes he could leave. 

• Love 2

It's amazing how what the fans mean when they ask for favorites to return rarely seems to correspond with the favorites the showrunners want back. I for one refuse to give up on wanting Matthew Ashford back, I know Renee Jones probably has no interest in returning, but maybe if they offer her the chance at a ghost cameo to speak with Theo and/or usher Stefano to the great beyond, she might be up for an episode or two that she can shoot in one day.

I have no interest in Melanie, couldn't stand her the first time around and I never want to see her or anyone connected with Taniel on my screen again.

• Love 2

I'd rather see it be Ben's too. I have no interest in this Chabby pairing.  And I hold out hope that at some point KM will loose favor with this show and even if it is Chad's kid now, it will later be revealed to be Ben's via some paternity switch.  Look at Chloe's kid. He needs a score card to keep track if Phillip or Daniel is his father. With Dan biting the dust soon and Phillip and Chloe returning it will probably revert back again. 

While admittedly the writing for Ejami has been flawed (but then what couples haven't suffered poor writing in the last decade), for me the strength in them as a couple lies strongly in the chemistry between the actors. That's an element that is often missing in the pairings today, and I believe it's part of why certain couples became SuperCouples back in the 80's and other couples were easily forgotten. The show was much better then with matching actors/actresses that had good chemistry. And that shows on screen. But you can also tell when the actors are interviewed off screen that they are good friends in real life (AS/JS, MBE/SN, KA/PR etc.)  I'm not saying that Sami and Lucas lacked any chemistry but it played off more as friendship chemistry than romantic chemistry to me. 

Agree on several points. 1. There was a distinct difference in the way the Ejami "rape" was filmed/portrayed vs Sami & Austin or Jack & Kayla.  It was definitely meant to be gray. We never saw the actual deed; it was all cut-away. EJ was calm, not violent. Sami gave distressed consent, but she never screamed or physically resisted. And she was not unattracted to him. Her objections were to the circumstances of the situation, not disgust at sleeping with him entirely.  In contrast, Kayla never wanted to have sex with Jack. She screamed 'no' and tried to fight him off. She had bruises and was physically hurt. Jack appeared as a monster forcing himself on his wife who begged and screamed for him to stop. EJ acted as a cunning bad guy, taking advantage of the situation and testing the extent of his power. But then he was a Dimera and I don't think we've seen any yet that are truly good, though some are clearly more evil than others. Which brings me to point 2...Sami and EJ made a great "dark romance" couple. Sami never has or could walk the straight and narrow and EJ always accepted that about her. Might be a large part of what he loved about her. They were in a sense kindred souls. He was far more accepting of her than her own family. And without the "bad guys" on the show, the "good guys" would get boring. They shouldn't be redeemed. It's not in the nature of the characters. In fact, I think the show missed major opportunities at some great "partners in crime" storylines for Sami and EJ, especially in the last year when Corday was more focused on screwing them over for leaving his show. Maybe it's jealously; he only wishes he could leave. 

I actually wanted Sami and EJ to be a dark power couple causing mayhem and destruction...It just got ugly as time went on..Perhaps it was due to Ken Corday' s influence on the coupling...

• Love 1

I wonder if Philip's return has anything to do with Bo's death. They are half brothers .

Have Philip and Bo ever been close? From what I recall they never had those brotherly scenes together. I think Bo is more close to Brady than Philip and thats's his nephew.

• Love 1

The show has never been good at establishing relationships between family members...I have never seen Kayla and Theresa have a meaningful conversation..It is so disheartening, given how close Kim and Kayla were....I loved the original Brady siblings, they were so close, they may have had their problems, but the love was always there..I remember in the 90's how close Kim was with Eric...The show failed to develop the new generation of Bradys....The kids of Roman, Kim, Kayla and Bo should be very close...

• Love 4

Yeah Melanie is probably just coming back for her fathers funeral and I guess Bo's will bring Claire and Belle back. I'm not a Daniel fan either but his death will impact some people, most of all right now Nicole - who can never seem to find any longterm happiness.

• Love 2

Considering that Nicole and Fynn will start off antagonistic, that means they will become a couple.

Who is Fynn? Character and actor, please.

Who is Jordi playing, btw? Is he a Dimera or part of the Hernandez clan. Could go either way. (I loved him as Tony Santos, GL)

Who is Fynn? Character and actor, please.

Who is Jordi playing, btw? Is he a Dimera or part of the Hernandez clan. Could go either way. (I loved him as Tony Santos, GL)

Rumor has it, he is going to be Dario. He should have been Alex Kiriakis....

• Love 1

It would make sense if she's coming back if Daniel is killed.

I wonder if Philip's return has anything to do with Bo's death.  They are half brothers .

Oh dear, JPL playing grief his first couple of days?  No thanks!

Is he really that bad? I have watched 2 minutes of OLTL ever (b/c of the AMC crossover).

He was entertaining his first few years on OLTL with lighter stuff, but the last few when the show pushed him hard as a leading man, he devolved into a lot of mugging and weird acting tics.  Heavy drama is definitely not his strong suit.  And from what I know about Phillip, it's weird casting.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Is he really that bad? I have watched 2 minutes of OLTL ever (b/c of the AMC crossover).

It really depends. He got intolerable the last few years of OLTL. I mean completely insufferable but that's more to do with the show itself and how they shot scenes. He has talent. He can be very good. It's just a question of what he comes on as.

It really could go either way is what I'm saying.

• Love 1

Is Sami gone?  Or will Alison be back soon?  I just keep wondering who's taking care of the kids, and if Lucas is going to start questioning things if Allie wants to know where her mother is.

Sami is mentioned in a spoiler for next week so I'd say we'll see her again yet. Something about her making Andre an offer. 

• Love 1

Sami is mentioned in a spoiler for next week so I'd say we'll see her again yet. Something about her making Andre an offer. 

I think Andre is doing this to Sami, so that she can allow Stefano to have a relationship with Johnny and Sydney....Andre only cares about Stefano..He did kill Renee, Benjy and tried to kill Tony for years...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I think Andre is going this to Sami, so that she can allow Stefano to have a relationship with Johnny and Sydney....Andre only cares about Stefano..He did kill Renee, Benjy and tried to kill Tony for years...

I wonder if Andre knows EJ is alive but it's to his benefit that EJ stays hidden. It seems pretty clear that Andre would like all of the other Dimera children out of the picture so he can take control. This week's spoilers mention him wanting to "neutralize" Sami. If that is the case, then his big concern is more the info she has against them via EJ, not her children that would be future heirs. 

• Love 2

I  just realized that Andre slept with his sister Renee before killing her..Yuck..He also slept with his sister Kristen....lol  Andre does not care about his siblings..I wish that the show had brought in other Dimeras on the show..Stefano does have 6 brothers out there...His dad also had 6 brothers...He is the seventh son of a seventh son..It was a big deal back in the day from watching episodes on youtube....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I  just realized that Andre slept with his sister Renee before killing her..Yuck..He also slept with his sister Kristen....lol  Andre does not care about his siblings..I wish that the show had brought in other Dimeras on the show..Stefano does have 6 brothers out there...His dad also had 6 brothers...He is the seventh son of a seventh son..It was a big deal back in the day from watching episodes on youtube....

Actually, Tomy slept with Renee during the time that it was believed that he was not Stefano's son. Andre kidnapped him and took his place, but Renee realized he was not Tony, so he had to kill her to keep Stefano's murder scheme in play.

At the time He slept with Kristin, she was a non-blood cousin. I get what you mean though and agree, but this is Days, the show that to,d us Max and Stephanie would have no idea who the other was and would then proceed to have a sexual relationship even though he is her uncle, and has the deep connection with her dad. So in their minds, sleeping with a cousin via adoption, who you didn't interact with much means you are strangers who should jump each other's bones. I mean these are he same folks who if anyone had thought about the implications of deRomaning John, would have thought it was an awesome idea to pair him with Kimberly or Kayla.

So much yes to the blown chance of bringing on Stefano's nieces and nephews, we only got Andre, who has now been retconned to be his son. I always thought Orpheus should have been revealed to be one of Stefano's nephews. You can't tell me that none of Stefano's six brothers produced a child.

• Love 3

I wonder who this Val will be hooked up with. If Rafe is with Hope (and he's too old for her, anyway), and Chad is with Abby ... who does that leave? Philip?

Rafe is too old for Hope? Ok.

Rafe is about 40-something and Hope is in her early 50s. Yet I will say Im in not really big on Rope being a romantic pairing. I honestly wish they can remain friends and let Hope grief and be single for a little before hoping to the next man. I wouldn't mind if they brought in Grayson McCouch who played Dusty Donovan on ATWTs and bring him as possible romantic interest for Hope instead. Yet if Rope happens (

• Love 2

I wish that the show would let go of this Rafe obsession. They have put him with Sami, Carrie, Jordan, and even Kate. He is not an exciting character. Now they are going to put him with Hope. Enough is Enough. Rope is going to fail....

Didn't they also almost put him with Nicole? Or did I just imagine that?

• Love 1

I wonder who this Val will be hooked up with. If Rafe is with Hope (and he's too old for her, anyway), and Chad is with Abby ... who does that leave? Philip?

Val?

Didn't they also almost put him [Rafe] with Nicole? Or did I just imagine that?

Yes. They had a thing.

Ugh  I can't. I'm reading the spoilers for next week where Bo tells Hope he doesn't have long to live and..I just can't. Between the ending today and watching him collapse into Shawn's arms and all the stuff with Hope, its just too depressing.  I've been trying to brace myself but this is gonna be unbearable. And this particular spoiler? 

-Rafe receives unexpected news, and a surprising request.

Anyone else want to bet Rafe hears about Bo's condition and Bo asks him to help look after Hope and Ciara? I figure they have to do something to make Hope moving on with Rafe eventually more acceptable to BOPE fans.

• Love 2

JPL was very good when he first came on OLTL.  But, as others have said, the last few years he became an insufferable douche.  It was a perfect storm of shitty direction and terrible writing that brought out his latent hamminess.  I blame Frank Valentini and Ron Carliavati more than JPL, only because those two are so toxic and awful.  Maybe JPL will be better now that he's not under their influence.

I have no interest in Melanie, couldn't stand her the first time around and I never want to see her or anyone connected with Taniel on my screen again.

My only interest in Melanie is that she takes screen time away from Abigail.

Days is casting again for a female character, whos 25, with a secret to start filming in Dec
http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/days-casting-new-role-10

Hopefully this means Kate Mansi is leaving.  My wish is that this is a new character and not a replacement for the black hole of boring hypocrisy that is Abigail.

• Love 2

Anyone else want to bet Rafe hears about Bo's condition and Bo asks him to help look after Hope and Ciara? I figure they have to do something to make Hope moving on with Rafe eventually more acceptable to BOPE fans.

I feel vomit. Rafe is about to be the new Daniel dating and plucking every available woman in town. I wish they allow Rope to be friends and not do the romantic thing. I whether Hope be single for a hot mess minute and maybe put a new man in her orbit but not Rafe. No writers. Don't force this.

• Love 3

Oh I don't know, I think Rafe plus Hope has some possibilities. They're already playing it as very close and loyal friends and colleagues. They look nice together and could have some chemistry. (Hope has chemistry with just about everyone IMO.) And if Rafe is the one who is by Hope's side, helping her through this misery, then we might feel differently down the line? At any rate, I'm not ready to lose Bo at all yet.

Also interesting about the new 25 y/o young thing with a secret. But does Abby have a secret? That tidbit could also be a red herring. If KM leaves this role on her own, I'm thinking she'll regret that decision : ) Maybe she has some backup skills, who knows. 

• Love 2

I know that is a soap..Why can't Hope be single for a while and then introduce a love interest..She will be losing two men within weeks of each other. I think it is gross that Hope will be taking Sami's ex....They are not in the same generation...It is bad enough seeing Lucas with Adrienne...

I remember how soaps used to test characters on the show and see who would sparkle with each other..Now everybody has predetermined partners..I read on another site that when the actor that played Shane was introduced, he was Hope's butler and nondescript. At the time the show was testing Kim with Tony . The show randomly tested Patsy and Charles together  in a  throwaway scene and they scored and the love story of Kim and Shane came to be...The show brought him back as ISA agent Shane Donovan..Why don't they do that anymore..I would love to see Chad tested with Theresa, Gabi and a recast Stefanie...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2