Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Okay, so...Serena, Page, Will, Aiden, probably Ben, Dan, Parker, possibly Eric, Adrienne, Bo, possibly Nicole...

who will be left in Salem?

So much for their big 50th Anniversary Celebration.  Boo.

• Love 4

After seeing today's show, I'm wondering if, if Stefano is murdered, Andre is the person who does it.

Stefano has not been himself since Andre returned. He would not have consented to Hope's Murder.  He has been at odds with the Bradys for decades, but killing them for silly reasons hasn't been a Stefano Goal since the Princess Gina years.  Stefano spent months with Hope in the turret as Gina's hostages and while they are the farthest things from friends, he wouldn't kill her just for "debts" or even to (maybe) clear Chad's name.  

I realize a big part of Andre's return was the show's desire to swap out their almost 90 year old villain with someone 20 years younger <g>.  True, Joe Mascolo can't perform like he used to, though the clips I saw from the 50th Party showed that although he is wheelchair-bound, he still had a booming personality.

If they do decide to kill off Stefano, I think it could be the end result of Andre drugging him into the listless stae he has been of late  A nice storyline twist would be Hope and Rafe having to rescue Stefano from Andre, though in the end Stefano dies just after dropping some bombshell on Hope/John/Rafe/Kate/Salem.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 5

Stefano has not been himself since Andre returned. He would not have consented to Hope's Murder.  He has been at odds with the Bradys for decades, but killing them for silly reasons hasn't been a Stefano Goal since the Princess Gina years.  Stefano spent months with Hope in the turret as Gina's hostages and while they are the farthest things from friends, he wouldn't kill her just for "debts" or even to (maybe) clear Chad's name.  

I realize a big part of Andre's return was the show's desire to swap out their almost 90 year old villain with someone 20 years younger <g>.  True, Joe Mascolo can't perform like he used to, though the clips I saw from the 50th Party showed that although he is wheelchair-bound, he still had a booming personality.

If they do decide to kill off Stefano, I think it could be the end result of Andre drugging him.  A nice storyline twist would be Hope and Rafe having to rescue Stefano from Andre, though in the end Stefano dies just after dropping some bombshell on Hope/John/Rafe/Kate/Salem.

I agree with your assessment..I thought it was out of character for Stefano to try and throw Marlena out of the window for killing Kristen in self-defense..Stefano has a grudging respect for both Marlena and Hope. I would also include Sami with those women...He has a peculiar dynamic for them..He would never consent to kidnapping Sami. Not only for EJ, but also for Johnny and Sydney...If Stefano is indeed going to die, it would have been nice to see him with Johnny and Sydney before he goes to hell...lol

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

We are talking about the same Stefano who kidnapped Sami/Eric when they were tiny children and Marlena had to shoot him. And the same Stefano who kidnapped Marlena several times in the 90s just so he can get her to fall in love with him. Stefano almost beheaded John once. He even had a safe house set to be bombed once John and Hope stole his luxury egg in Aremid not caring at all the people he hates were the very grandparents, aunts or uncles to those grand kids he loves so dearly.

Oh Stefano is capable of killing and destroying others lives but as we can see the writers over the last several years have watered him down mainly because of the actor's declining health. They are definitely trying to transition Andre as Stefano's next dark prince of evil. Yet Andre is more lethal than Stefano, that I do agree with.

• Love 2

There's other dead people they can maybe name the baby after, Alex after Lexie? Assuming that when they name the baby they know the parentage. Or maybe a middle name for Will?

How about William Beauregard Aiden Deveraux? Or Paige Alexandra Serena Deveraux? There are so many dead characters to choose from (with more to come, it seems) why should they limit themselves?

I hate Higley.

• Love 7

Down the line it will be EXCITING to see who Paul hooks up with and that's a fact!
John and his descendants will have to deal with the identity of his biological parents.

Hm, both of these sound interesting.

And Mama Hernandez is showing up.

Chloe emotionally emerges in early 2016.

I hope this doesn't mean that Parker dies.

• Love 1

Does anyone know when Bo dies?

None of the spoilers mention him actually dying, but speculation on another forum is either tomorrow or Monday, because the show is only on 3 days next week and the preview for the Brady Thanksgiving dinner, everyone looks sad and Bo is no where to be seen.

• Love 1

None of the spoilers mention him actually dying, but speculation on another forum is either tomorrow or Monday, because the show is only on 3 days next week and the preview for the Brady Thanksgiving dinner, everyone looks sad and Bo is no where to be seen.

If that's the case then the pacing of this show is getting even more off the charts. For one, because that would mean that once again the Salem calendar skips from Nov. 10 to the 26th, but also that Bo can get it up one day and then is dead the next.  Poor Hope, every man she's slept with lately dies a few hours later. Rafe better take this relationship slow. 

• Love 12

Or possibly that Bo leaves town to die. So that could also explain the sadness at Thanksgiving. 

Timeline will still be wonky, since Abigail will have been in labour since the night of the wedding/bicentennial or the day after (Nov 8/9) until Thanksgiving week (Nov 23-25). LOL.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 4

If that's the case then the pacing of this show is getting even more off the charts. For one, because that would mean that once again the Salem calendar skips from Nov. 10 to the 26th, but also that Bo can get it up one day and then is dead the next. Poor Hope, every man she's slept with lately dies a few hours later. Rafe better take this relationship slow.

Higley, are you reading this...

• Love 3

Yeah sweeps ends next Wednesday the 25th. Based off the preview video for the rest of the month I don't think Bo is going to get a funeral but some kind of wake/Thanksgiving send off. Belle and Claire comes back next week too. In a way, cant be too mad it wont be burial, who wants an iconic soap hero given a burial in the thickets like Will Horton and the others got, it's just wrong. The production still should had built a church set and had a good funeral. I am curious will Bo be buried with the Brady clan or Kiriakis clan.

Edited by BlackMamba

I think Peter, Jason and Alison only signed for a 2-3 month run for the 50th. But it seems like Bo doesn't make it to Thanksgiving.

But remember, Peter's 2 month return began before the others, when they started showing him in captivity.  

Damn, he still looks so fine.  Every time I see him on screen, it breaks my heart, knowing the end is near.

When the new writers first came on board, I was happy to see things actually happening, but now that everyone is being killed off, or SORASed, not so much.  

• Love 4

Bo’s Final Heartbreaking Farewell, Dies in The Park – Caroline’s Tragic Vision Come True

I'm going to need a bottle of wine to get through this episode.

Damnit. Why couldn't Ken Corday (and actually been a good producer) and pulled out the checkbook, brought out the Fancy Face and let Bo/Hope have their final moments on that boat. It would had been so fitting and been more emotional.

Nevertheless, I look forward to the dialogue between Bo/Hope and their final words to each other.

• Love 4

Too soon, buffynut....

• Love 1

I don't believe it since she and Wally also signed contracts for at least a year.

A contract means nothing. The show can release you during the end of one your cycles...She had an interview where she would not comment about her status on the show...

Edited by Apprentice79

Monday's episode summary

vqmkn7.jpg

Why is Hope lashing out at Steve and Kayla? They only knew a few hours before her. If that's the case, Days own timeline is shooting themselves in the foot. Shouldn't Bo's children be lashing out for not being told at all?

• Love 3

I know Hope is falling apart and nothing she does now can be viewed in the light of clarity or reason and that Steve and Kayla are smart enough to know this, but given that in Salem time (it's been the same day for over a week. We know this, because Kayla is still wearing the same fugly dress she had on when Bo and Hope were brought to the hospital -- so the whole diagnosis to death thing makes less than no sense) Steve and Kayla knew about Bo's death sentence for what, three hours more than her, and she was with Bo a portion of that time, so her anger at them is irrational. Hopefully, this fury is just a one off and not some weeks long pattern on Hope' part. Her anger should be saved for whoever kidnapped Bo, since had he not been held captive, Bo's symptoms would have been noticed earlier when the tumor was still treatable.

• Love 6

Why is Hope lashing out at Steve and Kayla? They only knew a few hours before her. If that's the case, Days own timeline is shooting themselves in the foot. Shouldn't Bo's children be lashing out for not being told at all?

It's understandable. Shes hurt. Yet Kayla was put in a hard position too. Shes a doctor who had to follow her medical ethics but she too is the sister of the dead brother and Hope is her good girlfriend.

• Love 3

I'm curious about the John/Sami/Stefano/Andre stuff - curious, only - but the rest is so meh.

I am honestly flabbergasted by how stupidly this show handled Peter R's brief wrap-up return. As you've all said, the post-near-death-experience roll in the hay with Hope is just...disgusting. Because she's still in shock. Because she's grieving the loss of her late husband at the same time. Because she's still upset with Bo. And because he didn't disclose his condition.

And of course, they didn't have to write it this way.

Bo could have returned while Hope and Aiden were engaged, he could have realized Hope had moved on with a good man, and then upon learning he was doomed, bid final farewells or something. Or heck, we could have learned that Aiden's dead wife really WASN'T killed by his son or something. That would still throw Aiden under the bus, but at least built on established continuity and make this last-minute course correction seem pre-planned in some way. As you've all said - why did Bo need a brain tumour when we saw him getting physically destroyed and tortured for weeks and he already had a pre-existing pancreas condition?

The way they did things makes me throw my hands up in the air. This isn't romantic for Bope fans. It's like spinning someone around on a tire in a park and them offering them a slice of their favourite cake. The cake's great, sure, but by that point you'll puke.

And making it all seem like one long day? Really now? Baffled.

And I can't figure why they'd throw Eric under the bus by having him accidentally kill Dan. That just further sanctifies Dan and pushes Eric and Nicole apart. I don't get that!!! Where's the payoff for those who've watched Eric and Nicole dance around each other for YEARS now? I'm not a fan of their pairing necessarily, mind you, but lordy...what was the point of all this? I look back over Eric's entire SL since what...2012?...and am at a loss to make sense of any of it.

He comes back as a priest, has feelings (I think? Maybe? Can't remember) for Nicole, who definitely has feelings for him still, then gets raped out of nowhere by Kristin, then Nicole trashes the evidence, then Eric has to give up his chance to prosecute to save John (with whom he seemingly has no relationship, FYI), then Serena shows up, he seems to be finally getting a storyline, but then the elephant stuff happened, he almost gets frisky with Nicole and then...he's jobless and depressed and drinking and Nicole gets with Dan and..he accidentally kills his sort-of rival? There aren't enough question marks in the world.

If they were smart, they'd have Jennifer and Dan get back together - since I think those two were actually a fan-fave pairing (though I might be wrong - I know how people miss Jack and felt he was shafted...pun intended) and send them off together and let Eric and Nicole similarly go off together.

But sending Eric to prison? After all this? I'm baffled. Some more.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 9

Why is Hope lashing out at Steve and Kayla? They only knew a few hours before her. If that's the case, Days own timeline is shooting themselves in the foot. Shouldn't Bo's children gbe lashing out for not being told at all?

That's my issue with what's to come. Higley and company knew they only had Peter for an extremely limited window. Instead of the drawn out Mexico torture story and the fifty year return to Salem, they could have had Steve find Bo when he first went to Mexico. He brings him back and as played out, he has headaches and passes out and is diagnosed by Kayla. It is now mid-September at the latest and you get two months of Kayla and Steve knowing but saying nothing at Bo's insistence. We get to understand Hope's anger, because she wasted part of Bo's brief return to her life insisting on going through with the marriage (the whole attempted murder still could have played out as well), instead of putting the relationship with Aiden on a brief pause to be by Bo's side in his final days (or this pause could have been used to bring a more believable darkness to Aiden, his fury over being side-lined on behalf of the less than ideal husband). Just as we know will happen in the scenario we're getting -- Hope realizes why Steve and Kayla didn't tell, but now instead of Hope looking unreasonable, you have an understandably torn audience. Again, I know Hope's anger at Steve and Kayla is masking a bigger issue, but had the show played this right, Hope wouldn't come across as wholly unreasonable, in support of this Caroline, et al, would be perturbed at Steve and Kayla as well. This story could have served to bond Steve and Kayla because they understand the totality of the situation.

Moreover, Peter's brief return could have been maximized and his illness/death would have played out better than the I returned to Salem; rescued my ex; went to the hospital; left the hospital; returned to the hospital because of excruciating headaches and passing out; found out I was dying; left the hospital; had a heart-to-heart with my sister in the park; broke down with my best bud in the park; returned to the hospital in time to stop my sister from telling my ex I am dying; left the hospital with my ex; returned to our former home where she was almost murdered after sexing up her new husband; sexed up my ex in the same bed and on the same sheets she was just with her attempted murdered husband; went to pass her off to Higley's pet, had a party; and died in a four to six-hour timespan.

Edited because the person who invented autocorrect is an imbecile.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 9

Hello all. Lurker here finally joining. Spoilers for the next couple weeks sound interesting. As someone who could not stand Belle years ago I'm strangely looking forward to her return and Claire too. Martha Madison slowly won me over before she left so I'm excited about what Belle is going to do single with a teenager. Did she become a nurse? With JC leaving I guess that's why they are going with the divorce for Shelle (and the cheating) but I am also curious how they are going to work in Philip because he will definitely be involved in their story I assume.

• Love 5

Who's Claudia?

This is what I found via Google search

Steve was on the hunt for Bo and he came across a Britta England look-a-like. I loved the use of history but since that storyline was about 30 years ago, I knew the person in that photo couldn’t be Britta. Maybe her daughter but not her. I'm still unclear who Claudia is and why she has the same tattoo as Bo, Britta, and Steve.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2015/09/days-of-our-lives-recap-ben-is-the-killer/

Hello all. Lurker here finally joining. Spoilers for the next couple weeks sound interesting. As someone who could not stand Belle years ago I'm strangely looking forward to her return and Claire too. Martha Madison slowly won me over before she left so I'm excited about what Belle is going to do single with a teenager. Did she become a nurse? With JC leaving I guess that's why they are going with the divorce for Shelle (and the cheating) but I am also curious how they are going to work in Philip because he will definitely be involved in their story I assume.

Hi! Welcome!

High five I never was a big Belle fan myself at all, but I do like shes going to be a bad girl of sorts it makes her interesting and care about the character.

Plus if it's true Belle was cheating on Shawn again)(especially with Phillip) I hope with Brandon Beemer and Nadia too I can finally have my Chloe and Shawn sex on platter. Or shit maybe have Shawn into Lani.

• Love 1

And of course, they didn't have to write it this way.

Bo could have returned while Hope and Aiden were engaged, he could have realized Hope had moved on with a good man, and then upon learning he was doomed, bid final farewells or something. Or heck, we could have learned that Aiden's dead wife really WASN'T killed by his son or something. That would still throw Aiden under the bus, but at least built on established continuity and make this last-minute course correction seem pre-planned in some way. As you've all said - why did Bo need a brain tumour when we saw him getting physically destroyed and tortured for weeks and he already had a pre-existing pancreas condition?

Thee way they did things makes me throw my hands up in the air. This isn't romantic for Bope fans.

....... look back over Eric's entire SL since what...2012?...and am at a loss to make sense of any of it.He comes back as a priest, has feelings (I think? Maybe? Can't remember) for Nicole, who definitely has feelings for him still, then get raped out of nowhere by Kristin, then Nicole trashes the evidence, then Eric has to give up his chance to prosecute to save John (with whom he seemingly has no relationship, FYI), then Serena shows up, he seems to be finally getting a storyline, but then the elephant stuff happened, he almost gets frisky with Nicole and then...he's jobless and depressed and drinking and Nicole gets with Dan and..he accidentally kills his sort-of rival?   There aren't enough question marks in the world........

But sending Eric to prison? After all this? I'm baffled. Some more.

The show (and actors?) clearly did not want to play the extended Bo-Hope angst we have lived through since 1987.  Been there, done that.  X1000.  And I doubt we would have had PR if they gone with any storyline aside from this.  The brain tumor did seem unnecessary, especially since we had the convenience of Pancreatic Issues.  That would have tied in wonderfully to the show's history, calling back to Isabella's quick demise and Chelsea's Organ Tissue transfer. Given that they clearly wanted to minimize the PR-KA interaction (heightening the dramatic tension and keeping the reported-squabbling actors separate), the producers crafted several outstanding episodes that will earn another EMMY for the show, and acting nominations for several of the cast.

As for Eric, the return has just failed miserably.  Mostly due to writing/plotting choices that were made from the outset and a bland, lackluster, un-emotive actor reprising the mostly-unfamiliar role.  GV has had zilch chemistry with every actor on-screen.  Since Eric has been away from Salem for nearly his entire life, it does seem logical that he would have no chemistry with his mother/father/sister/stepbrother.  Never in any scene did you believe he was related to Marlena/Rotox/Samanther/Brady.  He came across as an interloper, a faux Brady.  The writing/story structure of the 2010s didn't help, putting nearly all his scenes with Nicole, Daniel, and Kristen.  There was some sizzle in in a few days (of the weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks) that he and Nicole sat in the rectory and had the same conversations over and over and over and over, but that was derailed once Kristen came on the scene.  Eric has no personality, and the actor is equally muddled.  If he truly leads to the death of another Salemite, it gives the show a nice way to send him off to prison or back to the priesthood, where he should have stayed.

• Love 1

Okay, so this makes sense. Hope is after the people who kidnapped Bo and Claudia is part of the set-up. Please make her return short because the actress makes KM look like Bette Davis.

As for Eric, the return has just failed miserably.  Mostly due to writing/plotting choices that were made from the outset and a bland, lackluster, un-emotive actor reprising the mostly-unfamiliar role.  GV has had zilch chemistry with every actor on-screen.  Since Eric has been away from Salem for nearly his entire life, it does seem logical that he would have no chemistry with his mother/father/sister/stepbrother.  Never in any scene did you believe he was related to Marlena/Rotox/Samanther/Brady.  He came across as an interloper, a faux Brady.  The writing/story structure of the 2010s didn't help, putting nearly all his scenes with Nicole, Daniel, and Kristen.  There was some sizzle in in a few days (of the weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks) that he and Nicole sat in the rectory and had the same conversations over and over and over and over, but that was derailed once Kristen came on the scene.  Eric has no personality, and the actor is equally muddled.  If he truly leads to the death of another Salemite, it gives the show a nice way to send him off to prison or back to the priesthood, where he should have stayed.

I agree, but as bad as the stories are, a skilled actor could have done something with it. Look at Jennifer Lilly. The writing has done her no favors, and although I don't like her character, I think the actress is really good. The same bad writing issue applies to most of the characters at some point, yet they sell it. IMO, the problem rests with GV. This is the third role I have seen him in and the third role where he came across as detached and disconnected, even in scenes where he was supposedly with the person he was in love with, or family members whom, he, according to the story was supposed to be close to. I remember when Jensen Ackles played Eric, you believed that he was connected to people and he was able to emote in scenes. It's just too bad that once again, the show has chosen to trash/kill off a character rather than simply recast. Unlike the case of Will, Eric will be able to be recast, but the character could have simply decided to go back to Colorado. Also, why tease a potential Jennifer connection if you know there will be no payoff for it?

• Love 1

Okay, so this makes sense. Hope is after the people who kidnapped Bo and Claudia is part of the set-up. Please make her return short because the actress makes KM look like Bette Davis.

I agree, but as bad as the stories are, a skilled actor could have done something with it. Look at Jennifer Lilly. The writing has done her no favors, and although I don't like her character, I think the actress is really good. The same bad writing issue applies to most of the characters at some point, yet they sell it. IMO, the problem rests with GV. This is the third role I have seen him in and the third role where he came across as detached and disconnected, even in scenes where he was supposedly with the person he was in love with, or family members whom, he, according to the story was supposed to be close to. I remember when Jensen Ackles played Eric, you believed that he was connected to people and he was able to emote in scenes. It's just too bad that once again, the show has chosen to trash/kill off a character rather than simply recast. Unlike the case of Will, Eric will be able to be recast, but the character could have simply decided to go back to Colorado. Also, why tease a potential Jennifer connection if you know there will be no payoff for it?

I loved Jensen Ackles Eric, he looked so much like Marlena, Carrie and Samantha..He had a nice chemistry with both Billie and Nicole....I loved the bond that he had with Kim...The show has never really developed the relationships with the different generations within the Brady family...It would  have been cool to see the complexity with the new generation of the Brady family that the original 4 Brady siblings had with one another..I remember seeing a scene with all of the Brady cousins on youtube: Carrie, Sami, Eric, Andrew, Shawn-Douglas, Jeannie and Stefanie all playing together as kids....It looked like the show was setting up certain dynamics to be played with, when the Brady cousins got older....I think part of the problem with the show is that there has always been a revolving door of writers that has hurt the show in the long run...

At the height of it's success, As the world turns had Douglas Marland as  headwriter for years and that has always given the show a great foundation for great stories and he loved the genre and the audience..We should have had Sherry Anderson as headwriter for years on the show..She always knew how to write exciting character-driven stories.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
Guest Levi Rinno

I always like Eric.  Wanted him with Nicole.  Disappointed with the way he will leave.

Wait.  Eric actually is leaving?