Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

I'm still on the Nicole finds out she's pregnant with Daniel's baby and leaves town to start over train. She may not want to tell Maggie about her pregnancy until she successfully delivers so as not to get the woman's hopes up considering Nicole's issues in the past. Or she may flee to avoid a custody battle with a grieving Maggie and mean ole Victor.

Nicole gets her bittersweet happily ever after in finally getting a baby but not the man and she can return at a later date to show Maggie her grandkid.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 2

Like I been preaching, the current writers dont know how to write for the Brady clan, hence, why the Hernandez family will be front and center soon. Josh Griffith is from the Santa Barbara writing team!!! It was no shock when A Martinez joined the cast as the sperm-a- Raider. Plus they have casted for Dario and a the Hernandez momma. It's only a matter of time before the Brady are all gone and the Hernandez is gets a shit load of airtime. It's just a shame because the Bradys have been part of this show since 1981 starting with the real Roman played by Wayne Northrup. Now we're down to Kayla, Joey, Theresa and widowed Ma Brady. I cant really count Shawn, Ciara and Clair because they are blood bond Kiriakis' but they are legal Bradys.

Plus this is also a flush out of all the TomSell favs.

2lrv53.png

• Love 1

I would never have imagined that Ashford COULD return; for one, I thought (or assumed) the relationship between him and the showrunners had soured too much. And, b) isn't Jack a little too -- what's the word? -- squished?

What happened to the pronouncement from Corday the Great and Terrible about the dead staying dead? Or was that only the dead of Autumn 2015?

I guess Jack was only mostly dead.

• Love 2

Roger was also a lot younger than Peter so I think the circumstances are a bit different. At 60 years old I can see why Peter made the choice he made and its to be expected he's focusing on his daughter.

Yep i guess with the news about GV leaving official the drunk driving crash rumor is true. Sigh.

Since MA is only on for 5 episodes I figure Jack will be a ghost.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 2

Maybe or maybe not but I can't begrudge his decision. His daughter is top priority right now. From what I have read she is deaf and wants to give all his attention to her. And with that good for him. Hes put in 30+yrs (which is more than Howarth who has only been in soaps for like under 25yrs) to soap industry not just on Days but ATWTs. Hes won countless awards. And has made a lot of money. I think Peter will be happy in his retirement. If not, there is a primetime soap called "Nashville" if the producers ever wanted him on as a recurring he might take a chance, isn't filmed in Nashville where Peter currently lives?

I did not know his daughter was deaf. I do know he mentioned many x that he wanted the time off to focus on family and the simple things. Also his wife's career is doing well so he was fine with letting her take lead now while he was the homemaker.

• Love 1

I would never have imagined that Ashford COULD return; for one, I thought (or assumed) the relationship between him and the showrunners had soured too much. And, b) isn't Jack a little too -- what's the word? -- squished? What happened to the pronouncement from Corday the Great and Terrible about the dead staying dead? Or was that only the dead of Autumn 2015? I guess Jack was only mostly dead.

He's only back for a five-episode arc so I'd guess ghost or dream sequences.

What happened to the pronouncement from Corday the Great and Terrible about the dead staying dead? Or was that only the dead of Autumn 2015? I guess Jack was only mostly dead.

He said anybody who died after September 2015 would stay dead.

Has it been confirmed that Ari Zucker is leaving?

It would be so great if Ghost Jack shames Abifail and tells her he regrets dying to save her. 

The only thing more awesome than this would be if afterwards, while she's trying to cry, a wayward elevator falls on top of her.

• Love 4

With Daniel gone, and Nicole likely leaving, will there be a new love for Jennifer? Fynn, maybe?  Although I did hear a rumor that Fynn is gay and will be hooking up with Paul ...

My two cents? This is never going to happen. Never ever. I'm more and more convinced that when Corday talked about "not recognizing" the show, the same-sex love stories are what he meant, and they are gone from the show. 

(But then again, I think even Sparkle would have better taste than to get close to someone named "Fynn." ... I'm sorry; I just can't with that name.)

Edited by Sandman

Has it been confirmed that Ari Zucker is leaving?

The only thing more awesome than this would be if afterwards, while she's trying to cry, a wayward elevator falls on top of her.

While having the DNA of her alien spawn replaced with human DNA by medical professionals after the courts deemed her severely unbalanced and unable to raise a child and ordering her to a psychiatric facility

• Love 2

Judi Evans, Wally Kurth Off Contract at Days of our Lives! They were given notice on Monday November 30th, what  is going on with the show? They could have brought back one of their other sons to give them storylines....

This is surprising and disappointing, at least with respect to Wally Kurth.  He seemed so excited to be on contract somewhere again.  I'm worried about what's going on as well.

• Love 2

Can't say I'm sad to see Wally's latest version of Justin go -- he's been a dick lately.

Thats not Wally's fault. The writers didnt write for him and Judi. Im sure the GH fans will be happy to see him comeback as full time though. That show has killed off every Quartermaine and needs Ned.

Heck Im kind of surprised Judi and Wally been contract for so long. Plus I thought Judi would had been given a chance to play off of Vincent Irizarry since they did GL together. Oh well.

Now that Days is rebooting post-anniversary and trying to go into next negotiations for renewal without heavy contract actors, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hernandez family and those teens(which tends to be my least fav of any soap except YR) be rammed down our throats.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

Can't say I'm sad to see Wally's latest version of Justin go -- he's been a dick lately. 

Nevertheless, it is pretty obvious that Griffith is creating his own version of Days of our lives....It is obvious that Higley has been neutralized.To me, this is proof Dena had very little control and now has next to none and may be on the way out. She has always been a big supporter of these two and there is no way they are gone if she has enough input. She loves the Kiriakis family and has always seems to push Justin and Adrienne since 2009. She brought both characters back after they were basically MIA for two decades (aside from Adrienne's brief return in 2007). The whole thing was weird. I also think that Sonny leaving made Justin and Adrienne vulnerable. Look at what happened to Will and Wilson..The show never brought back one of their other sons to town...I guess the Hernandez family will be the new core family in Salem..

I am so glad that I am no longer watching the show..I only read the recaps and I cannot wait to see Jack back on screen. I wanted the Johnson family to be alive and reunited on the show. I was hoping that the show would give us the story that was promised years ago..The Steven/Jack relationship fraught with so much regret, love, and complexity has never been fully realized...It is a shame that I will never see Justin, Adrienne, Sonny, Alex, Joseph  and Victor Jr. interact as a family on screen......Adrienne being the matriarch of the new Kiriakis dynasty was always interesting to me given that she was so against Justin embracing his kiriakis roots, when they got married years ago...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

With Daniel gone, and Nicole likely leaving, will there be a new love for Jennifer?  Fynn, maybe?  Although I did hear a rumor that Fynn is gay and will be hooking up with Paul ...

That won't happen. Not under this writing regime.

WRT: Wally and Judi.

That's just sad...and stupid. 

GH needs Ned for sure.

Judi? She should have been able to reunite with Lujack a bit. Maybe she has and it didn't work out. If they were let go yesterday then she may have screen time with VI over the next 6 months.

• Love 3

Damn hes going to die. Sucks.

I think that he is going to prison for killing Daniel....Eric has been drinking more and more these days.... Losing his priesthood, being raped by Kristen, being humiliated in front of the town, losing Nicole, losing Serena and losing Will, he is prime for a breakdown. Not to mention his tumultuous childhood with Sami, due to the machinations of Stefano Dimera. I always knew that Eric had a hidden darkness in him and that he was a volcano waiting to erupt....Sami was always more out there than Eric..I read on another site that Eric was born with respiratory problems due to Sami's position in the womb...

• Love 2

I think that he is going to prison for killing Daniel....Eric has been drinking more and more these days.... Losing his priesthood, being raped by Kristen, being humiliated in front of the town, losing Nicole, losing Serena and losing Will, he is prime for a breakdown. Not to mention his tumultuous childhood with Sami, due to the machinations of Stefano Dimera. I always knew that Eric had a hidden darkness in him and that he was a volcano waiting to erupt....Sami was always more out there than Eric..I read on another site that Eric was born with respiratory problems due to Sami's position in the womb...

Im ok with it being open ended. I couldn't take it if another Brady is killed off. It would be too much. I think if the fans rage enough about the character being gone then the producers and writers will have to do a recast and find someone whos not as costly as Greg Vaughn to play Eric.

• Love 1

It definitely sounds like Eric isn't going to die and could very well be back in the future. I agree with Apprentice79 that he's probably going to jail for driving drunk and killing someone. Sounds like a pretty incredible acting opportunity which is why GV sounds so upbeat and positive about the storyline. It sucks for his fans, of course, but he seems quite satisfied.

• Love 3

I don't think he's dying he leaves it pretty open that Eric could return. Considering Gabi shot a man in cold blood 3 times and went to jail for less than a year. Eric going away or sentenced longer would be stupid.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Daniel dies. Eric goes to prison.

So, what Brady's are left?

Way to go, Days. 

I wanted Eric to become a more dynamic character..The show has always focused on Sami and never on her twin....I wanted to see him have a family of his own....I  always felt that the show never delved into how the twins' and Carrie's Psyche suffered due to the machinations of the Dimeras..It would be cool if the show connected that with Eric's unraveling....

• Love 1

The biggest missed opportunity with the character of Eric was the aftermath of his rape. It would have been interesting to see how a man adjusts to life after rape. Seeing him seek counseling, trying to feel comfortable around a woman again, or even flying into a rage and seeking revenge. Something! Instead, we ended up with Brady's drugging and drinking, Shredgate, and Dr Dan the hero.

• Love 6

I hope not, Peanut6711.  I really do love Days and though some of the recent cast changes are worrisome, I'm looking forward to seeing Vincent Irizzary and Jordi Vilasuso, 

It's too bad about GV.  There were many missed opportunities with him, just like so many others who have been cut.

• Love 3

Greg Vaughn is gone....and now Wally Kurth & Judi Evans are no longer on contract?!

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2015/12/days-of-our-lives-stars-judi-evans-and.html

Seriously...who are we supposed to watch? I don't get these show runners...at all.

They get rid of the characters that have (the most) interesting history and introduce all these new characters they have to create some kind of backstory for so that we'll give a sh*t about them. Why not write for what you have...for the characters people have watched & invested in for years- one way or another...hate to love or love to hate.

Higley is shredding this show...Corday is letting her.....WHY?! Are they that stupid. (Yeah, dumb question.)

Not many characters I give a sh*t about are going to be left. I can only hope the actors get gigs somewhere else so I'll be able to enjoy their talents.

I hope not, Peanut6711.  I really do love Days and though some of the recent cast changes are worrisome, I'm looking forward to seeing Vincent Irizzary and Jordi Vilasuso,

I agree with this ^ Kitty...I have to say I am looking forward to these two as  well. Would have been nice to see them interact with some  of the characters who are going....

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 1

I'm going to miss Eric.  He and Nicole had such great chemistry, I can't believe they didn't go there with them.  That said, it will give (well gave) GV a chance to show his acting ability.  And it does sound like Eric isn't dying, which means they can bring him back someday.

• Love 4

The biggest missed opportunity with the character of Eric was the aftermath of his rape. It would have been interesting to see how a man adjusts to life after rape. Seeing him seek counseling, trying to feel comfortable around a woman again, or even flying into a rage and seeking revenge. Something! Instead, we ended up with Brady's drugging and drinking, Shredgate, and Dr Dan the hero.

It could have played out nicely. GH did this with Michael Corinthos and (imo) did a great job of it. Chad Duell did a wonderful job with all the emotions surrounding the aftermath.

I still think Corday is writing The End. 

I agree. It's a stupid way to do it but, I agree. There is no other excuse for this mess.

• Love 4

It's too bad about GV.  There were many missed opportunities with him, just like so many others who have been cut.

Instead of bringing in more characters that people do not give a damn about like Rafe's brother Dario or a retcon brother of Victor's in Vincent...Victor only had one brother and he was Justin's dad who is dead as a doornail. Justin's parents tragic death was part of his backstory, when he came to the show. It is why he never went back to Greece and why it was so poignant, when he and Adrienne got married there..Why not bring Andrew Donovan back as an adult, he is a Brady and a legacy child or one of Justin's other sons to shake up the canvas...The new writers are ignoring history to recreate the show in their image...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Instead of bringing in more characters that people do not give a damn about like Rafe's brother Dario or a retcon brother of Victor's in Vincent...Victor only had one brother and he was Justin's dad who is dead as a doornail. Justin's parents tragic death was part of his backstory, when he came to the show. It is why he never went back to Greece and why it was so poignant, when he and Adrienne got married there..Why not bring Andrew Donovan back as an adult, he is a Brady and a legacy child or one of Justin's other sons to shake up the canvas...The new writers are ignoring history to recreate the show in their image...

Oh I agree that the writers are ignoring the show's rich history, but I've missed VI and will welcome seeing him on screen again.  I've only a passing familiarity with JV but from what I've seen he has on screen charisma.  I totally get not being able to watch the show because of all the "what ifs" and "why don't theys," which is why I hardly ever watch GH anymore, but there's still enough here to keep me going.

• Love 2

Because no one cares about them. They're cheaper than vets. I could go on.

I don't think the likes of A Martinez and Vincent Irizarry come cheap though. Seems to me that trying to cut costs isn't a sign of a producer knowing the end is near--it's usually done when the network mandates it as a term of renewal. What does make sense to me is that they're trimming characters they aren't currently using very much and bringing in others that they feel may have more story potential. If anything this looks like Corday and the writers trying a new tack to build on the higher ratings while cutting the added cost of contract actors whom they don't want to write for.

Edited by NumberCruncher

If Corday is supposedly writing for "The End" then why are they bringing on new characters? I don't get that logic.

Most of the new characters or new casting (like the teen scene) are more disposable -- i.e more easily written out, not that they aren't doing a good job of writing out the vets w/history too. They have to write something if they are on through the fall of '16 and what they are filming now would only be through about Spring so it's possible those storylines and actors are only about 6 month arcs.  Maybe that's not what they are doing but it's really strange that a show that just celebrated 50 years would be trimming away at it's core families so much. Heck, the Horton's didn't even have enough people to host their own Thanksgiving, they just tagged along at the Brady Pub. 

• Love 3

I'm noticing a habit of characters getting personality transplants and becoming raging assholes them being written out. Pretty soon this show is going to be filled with characters who have only been on screen for 10 years or less. 

Ptb think if they make them assholes we will want them gone.

• Love 2