Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

I'm trying to find the article I read (granted this was during the time they were auditioning for the role so I guess things could have changed) but a few months ago there was actually an Australian contest for actors to win the role and the description I read at the time was something like "an old doctor friend of Daniel's who is handsome, rugged, charming and he does love the ladies but holds a secret".IIRC the actors read with Arianne Zucker for the screentests.

Some of the newsstands here in NYC get the new SOD early and I just bought the upcoming issue.  Bo and Hope are on the cover with a great article inside that gives pretty good details about the aftermath of the wedding. As many speculated the "shocking death" is indeed Aiden. and Bo comes in just as he's strangling Hope. When Hope wakes up and hears Bo uttering "Fancy Face" she thinks she's dreaming and it takes her a bit to realize he's there and saved her. Yeah I'm all weepy reading this lol.  The spoiler that came out the other day about Hope grasping with guilt is basically because she has to hear what Bo has been through all these years and the torture he endured while also trying to cope with the fact that she just married someone who tried to murder her. Peter also talks about the scenes where Bo reunites with his kids. I'm really anxious now to see the scenes with Ciara. He said they really clicked and that resulted in powerful scenes. The article ends with Kristian saying the future will have a lot of love, a lot of laughter and lot of sadness. Make of that what you will.. Really beautiful pics of Kristian and Peter, in the mag. too.

• Love 6
(edited)

Hopefully, Chad, at some point, will enlighten everyone as to how dear old Dad and Andre forced Aiden's hand.

And poor Chase....

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

So if Aiden dies, does that mean Bo kills him? What happens to Bo then since PR is not back long term? Are we looking at his death a few months down the road because I don't see him giving his Fancy Face up, especially when her new husband is dead?

• Love 4

May be Bo takes another ISA assignment because he's angry over how everyone but Steve never cared to find him or even know he wouldn't abandon everyone for years. I wouldn't blame him for holding a grudge for awhile.

Yep Bo kills him.  Don't know about what will happen but I'm still assuming Bo will eventually die because I can't see Bo leaving again intentionally after all this.

Peter Reckell had an interview where he said that he came back for the 50th to wrap up his storyline...I do think that Bo will die after all is said and done...

• Love 2

I wonder if they had Hope actually marry Aidan to facilitate her, I assume, taking custody of SOARS Chase?

There has to be some kind of point to them SORAS-ing Chase...if they weren't planning for him to be part of the teen scene if he were just going to go off with Aiden after the wedding fizzles. They clearly don't have a problem with wacky SORASing (see: EJ being Will's stepfather and twice his age), so they could have just aged Ciara and left Chase a little kid.

• Love 1

Happy Holidays loyal fans! Bo is dead! Ho ho ho!

>____<

The sad thing is this is probably true. I figured they have done such a great job bringing joy to the fans for the anniversary -  you know with kidnappings, torturing and multiple murders. Lets REALLY make the fans happy by killing Bo Brady in time for the holidays! 

There has to be some kind of point to them SORAS-ing Chase...if they weren't planning for him to be part of the teen scene if he were just going to go off with Aiden after the wedding fizzles. They clearly don't have a problem with wacky SORASing (see: EJ being Will's stepfather and twice his age), so they could have just aged Ciara and left Chase a little kid.

One of the spoilers in SOD says a huge rift forms between Chase and Ciara.  So I'm kind of thinking they probably figure it would make for better drama/story for the characters to deal with the aftermath of Ciara's father actually killing Chase's father with both characters being the same age. I havent seen enough of either actor to really judge if they can handle really meaty material but this particular story and the consequences of it all should be great material for any young actor to shine with.

• Love 2

I wonder where are they going with this rift though, brother & sister style since it was just recently they were addressing the other life that or Romeo & Juliet love interests rifts. Which makes the bro/sis name calling ick.

I don't want the character of Bo to "die", but if they can't get Peter back, then I'm better with that than he just wanted to be off on adventures.

I realize they could tell a different story where they mutually decide that it's over for them as a couple and move on with love for what they shared....BUT, the inner 12 year old fan girl in me isn't down with that.

I have "Whatever We Imagine" on my ipod, so, and I'm a sucker for how Kristian says "Bo!"

I don't know how much longer the show has, but I hope they somehow end up together. Nobody is ever DEAD dead on Days....

• Love 2

I really hate it when legacy characters are killed off, especially because the most recent actor portraying them doesn't have the time or inclination to be available.  I have no problem at all with a recast of Bo Brady.  It's not like Peter R is the only actor to ever have played him.

• Love 2

Am I supposed to remember who this Ava person is? Because I got nothin'.

That girl who was obsessed with Steve, caused the plan crash that killed Shawn Sr., and I think she humped Jawn a few times while he had amnesia. This was circa 2007-ish.

Are we thinking Ava did something to Joey that put him in the hospital?

From dayscafe.com for next week:

- Bo gets to the house and Hope is down
- but not dead!
- A FURIOUS FIGHT. Aiden vs Gladiator Bo!
- AIDEN DIES A VIOLENT DEATH.
- Hope first thinks she is imagining Bo.
- Bo tells her his story.
- Chad is finally a free man.
- Abigail attempts to play besotted Ben.
- Ben rages at Abigail for her affair with Chad.
- He forces her to phone him.
- Hope now knows how wrong she was about Bo!
- It takes its toll on her mind.
- Kayla stands by her Steve.
- Steve has a secret about his past.
- Someone tries to poison his son!
- Kayla and Steve come together.
- Theresa tries to take the next step with Brady.
- Ciara is stressed about Chase's dead dad.
- Nicole has conflict with Dan's friend Dr. Fynn.
- Abigail's baby is at risk. Will Ben believe her?
- Chad decipher's Abi's S.O.S. call!
- Chad insists to Rafe that Abigail is in trouble.
- But Rafe has to play by the rules.
- Chad races to rescue the woman he loves!
- Ed and Kate get cozy.
- John is briefed by the ISA.
- Eva Vitali mafia princess is back!
- Sami tells her folks what she found on the DiMeras.
- Jen realizes Hope is unraveling ...
  • Love 3

OMG Ben's back to being an idiot, or they're showing how unglued and delusional he is. For someone so obsessed with the Chad & Abby relationship and their feelings for each other, he makes her call him and thinks that wouldn't tip off Chad? Or they wouldn't be able to get some GPS signal from the phone call? 

The phone call explains the secret message to Chad and he figures it out and of course the cops are still clueless and can't help. 

• Love 3

I hope I'm wrong as it will grate me to no end that they wasted PR's time back with him barely interacting with any of the major characters, but between Corday and the writers in recent years, stupid seems to be the norm. The 50th is all about shock tactic and it wouldn't exactly surprise me that the bozo powers-to-be would think it was a great thing to kill off Bo on the big anniversary day. Since he's proclaimed to hate Supercouples this would be right up Corday's alley. 

To my recollection, what Corday actually said about super couples is that they eat up all the oxygen on the show. That is, the show becomes about nothing but them. I don't think that means he's against romance, or even fated couples, but that he doesn't want a (non-Days example, which is mine) Luke and Laura, taking away from every other storyline. I can see that. That said, I am pretty sure I've also read a recent Higley quote where she was all, "Bring on the super couples."

That all said, I think Bo is going to die. He's imagined way too many reunions with Hope (either where she's married to Aiden, or confesses she couldn't go through with it) for me to think there is going to be any long term kind of reunion between Bo and Hope. 

In my opinion, Reckell, who came to the show when the pay was large, there was studio space, the budget was ample, and the fandom was much bigger, isn't willing to do soaps the way today's soaps need to be done (because of network budgets and lack of studio space). A lot of soap "stars" who have remained in the genre have taken pay cuts over the years, for...reasons. I support them, because I love soaps, but I don't blame any actor who doesn't want to deal with it, any more.

I think PR is back only to wrap up Bo's storyline, so that this iconic character isn't remembered for abandoning his wife and young daughter. I think he'll die or at least "die" a noble death, so that Hope can move forward, and it's pretty obviously (to me) gonna be with Rafe.

Some of the newsstands here in NYC get the new SOD early and I just bought the upcoming issue.  Bo and Hope are on the cover with a great article inside that gives pretty good details about the aftermath of the wedding. As many speculated the "shocking death" is indeed Aiden. and Bo comes in just as he's strangling Hope. When Hope wakes up and hears Bo uttering "Fancy Face" she thinks she's dreaming and it takes her a bit to realize he's there and saved her. Yeah I'm all weepy reading this lol.  The spoiler that came out the other day about Hope grasping with guilt is basically because she has to hear what Bo has been through all these years and the torture he endured while also trying to cope with the fact that she just married someone who tried to murder her. Peter also talks about the scenes where Bo reunites with his kids. I'm really anxious now to see the scenes with Ciara. He said they really clicked and that resulted in powerful scenes. The article ends with Kristian saying the future will have a lot of love, a lot of laughter and lot of sadness. Make of that what you will.. Really beautiful pics of Kristian and Peter, in the mag. too.

Do you think Bo was given the same drug (or a version of the ultimate drug) that was given to Caroline? It feels to me like he's so weakened physically, but he's experiencing the same psychic phenomena Caroline has experience. I think he'll reunite with his family, but ultimately succumb to the torture doled out to him in his missing years.

I wonder if they had Hope actually marry Aidan to facilitate her, I assume, taking custody of SOARS Chase?

Maybe in part. I also think they had her marry him to up the stakes. This isn't 1965, anymore. We're not going to revile Hope who had sex with someone she loved who wasn't Bo. If PR isn't staying around long term, it makes more sense to up her loss, when Aiden's sins are revealed and he dies. That said, it is a good excuse to keep a non-Horton, non-Brady, non-Kiriakis, non-DiMera teen on the scene.

That wouldn't have worked for me, because Chase was introduced as Ciara's elementary school nemesis. They have to age together. Sure, Will and EJ weren't born far apart, but they didn't have a relationship the way ~8 year old Ciara and Chase did. Age together. Die alone. /Lost.

methodwriter85

The Sorased Chase so he can date Ciara.

I agree.

I don't want the character of Bo to "die", but if they can't get Peter back, then I'm better with that than he just wanted to be off on adventures.

I realize they could tell a different story where they mutually decide that it's over for them as a couple and move on with love for what they shared....BUT, the inner 12 year old fan girl in me isn't down with that.

I have "Whatever We Imagine" on my ipod, so, and I'm a sucker for how Kristian says "Bo!"

I don't know how much longer the show has, but I hope they somehow end up together. Nobody is ever DEAD dead on Days....

That's the good thing about the DiMeras being fleshed out, right now (the same with the Cassidines on GH). If PR is all, "No, I'm really done," but THEN if NBC is all like, "No, the show is really ending at X point," they can fanwank Bo alive again, and give Bo and Hope a happy ending. If, however, Reckell is really done, and the show continues for some time, Hope (played by, in my opinion, one of the finer actors on the show) can have closure with a Bo who didn't just stop caring, and then continue her life as a vibrant woman.

I really hate it when legacy characters are killed off, especially because the most recent actor portraying them doesn't have the time or inclination to be available.  I have no problem at all with a recast of Bo Brady.  It's not like Peter R is the only actor to ever have played him.

No, but he's the first actor to have played Bo, has played Bo the longest of the (only) two actors to have assumed the role, and he's the iconic Bo. I'd rather have Bo killed off than suffer a recast. I accepted Robert Kelker Kelly in the role at the time, but [for reasons I won't go into] I don't think he'll ever be asked back. I am not putting up with yet another Bo. Better to bring in a new man of similar quality and fix him up with Hope. Or hell, set her up with Rafe. I've already bought into his puppy dog eyes.

That girl who was obsessed with Steve, caused the plan crash that killed Shawn Sr., and I think she humped Jawn a few times while he had amnesia. This was circa 2007-ish.

Is it Eva or Ava, and was she played by Tamara Braun or Sarah Joy Brown (Brady's Madison). Blame GH, but I've got my Eva/Ava Carly/Madison people all mixed up.

Good to see that Steve will keep lying to Kayla and she will be standing by her man. Once again, the men are jackasses and the women are just supposed to be pleased because, well, I don't know why.

Why do you say he'll keep lying?

Edited by General Days

Is it Eva or Ava, and was she played by Tamara Braun or Sarah Joy Brown (Brady's Madison). Blame GH, but I've got my Eva/Ava Carly/Madison people all mixed up.

Why do you say he'll keep lying?

It's Ava played by Tamara Braun.

I say Steve will keep lying because the spoiler mentions Kayla deciding to stand by Steve's side for what's upcoming, but that he's keeping a secret about his past. So once again, Kayla presumably puts her hurt to the side in support of Steve and he keeps things from her that will come back and kick her in the you know what when it will do the most damage. However, the spoiler could be wrong. I actually hope and want that Steve truly comes clean with Kayla about his walking out and what he has been doing so she can make a choice based on reality. So when whatever he's been doing inevitably rears its ugly head, Kayla is not blindsided and devastated yet again. I want actual change and real growth, not just an I'll take what I can get and wing it when the ish hits the fan story.

• Love 2

I thought seeing Bo collapse today was foreshadowing a little. With all the beatings and torture he endured I can see internal injuries eventually catching up with him. The preview pics/video for next week makes it look like the battle between him and Aiden is really rough as well so he may end up with even more in injuries.

• Love 1

Ava Vitali was the daughter of a mob boss. She had a long history with Steve (Stephen Nichols) and shared a romance with John (Drake Hogestyn). Her character fled the country after failing to bribe a judge while she faced charges implicating her in sabotaging the plane that crashed and killed Shawn Brady (Frank Parker). Since leaving the role behind, Braun returned to Salem as Taylor Walker, Nicole's (Arianna Zucker) sister. Braun has a long history on daytime, including roles on "General Hospital" and "All My Children." NBC has confirmed to Michael Logan that Braun began shooting material on June 17 and will make her first appearance will air on December 9.

• Love 1

Plus, Tamara Braun won DOOL's first Emmy in years (decades?) for her stint as Ava Vitali (2009).  Reportedly, she is only back for a 3-6 month storyline.  She had great chemistry with Ari Zucker and actually brought Drake Hogestyn from his acting coma.  The boisterous Steve-and-Kayla fanatics loathed her.

Plus, Tamara Braun won DOOL's first Emmy in years (decades?) for her stint as Ava Vitali (2009). Reportedly, she is only back for a 3-6 month storyline. She had great chemistry with Ari Zucker and actually brought Drake Hogestyn from his acting coma. The boisterous Steve-and-Kayla fanatics loathed her.

I liked Ava,she didn't bother me one bit. This show needs to be looking into the next generation of villians. Joe Mascolo is 87. He cant pull the weight forever. If Days is smart they would be looking for a strong villian to play opposite for the veterans characters like Patch, Hope, Rafe, John and Bo set. And find a few villians to cover the new generation. I wouldn't mind if Ava or another female character takes on the strong, no bs villian role that usually held by Stefano. I wouldnt mind they cast more Vitalis and have an organized crime family in Salem (thats not into microchips and computer brainwashing).

And I agree about Drake. He has a good chemistry with Deidre in terms of supercouple status but when he's in scenes with Eileen Davidson and Tamara Braun he actually ACTS, yes people, Drake Hogestyn can act when he's given the material and not forced to play a dingus. One of my favorite storylines with the John character was "NuJohn" where he went through a mid life crisis, acted douchey, smoked cigars, reminded everyone he shared the gold penis almost woman in town and he didn't mind talking back to Marlena AND freaked out Sami several times. Good stuff.

I just get so annoyed with Drake's sniff fart acting when hes with Deidre (LORD KNOWS I LOVE HER) but she don't try that hard anymore. Compare her acting from 1977-1984 and now she was acted like the daytime verison of Sally Field. No joke she was incredible.

https://youtu.be/_kLBCPTbp68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cL92Ir6Q5c

Now she's barely trying. Maybe because the Marlena and John characters have both been cartoon-ish the last 2 decades.

I am stunned there's nothing about Hope wanting to know why Aiden would attempt to kill her.

Wonder if/when his debts will come out...

I still wanted Hope to kill Aiden herself it would had made for better drama IMO.

Yet I doubt she will feel much guilt when she finds out he was working for the Dimeras (beyond being Chad's attorney) and added his name to her life insurance without her consistent to obtain her millions.

Who I will feel sorry for is Chase. Hes now an orphan (unless Hope adopts him, which is not uncommon for the Hortons and Bradys). And what is his attitude going to be like when he finds out Bo Brady killed his daddy? Will his sweet, quiet personality hardened him?

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

Ava Vitali was the daughter of a mob boss. She had a long history with Steve (Stephen Nichols) and shared a romance with John (Drake Hogestyn). Her character fled the country after failing to bribe a judge while she faced charges implicating her in sabotaging the plane that crashed and killed Shawn Brady (Frank Parker). Since leaving the role behind, Braun returned to Salem as Taylor Walker, Nicole's (Arianna Zucker) sister. Braun has a long history on daytime, including roles on "General Hospital" and "All My Children." NBC has confirmed to Michael Logan that Braun began shooting material on June 17 and will make her first appearance will air on December 9.

I skipped out on Days back then before she was Ava, but I distinctly remember her as Nicole's sister. God awful! If she's returning to wreck havoc for Steve & Kayla I am most definitely out!

Thank you for posting the videos, BlackMamba. Those were all before my Days-watching time. NuJohn was awesome! So much better than this current version. Too bad the last noggin whack he received courtesy of Theresa didn't reset his system.

Im screaming! Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

Here's another epic scene of NuJohn reminding Hope about them having brainwashed sex

https://youtu.be/QHXaswhTPqg

That was hilarious!  Hope is sympathetic that he doesn't remember his good memories with Marlena and the kids and he's all, nah, I was wishing I could remember our hot sex on the submarine. 

I'm so surprised that DH can actually act with nuance, humor and charm.  I'd love to have that John, as well as a befuddled and amused Marlena, on my screen.  The characters and pairing still have the potential to be interesting.

I'm so surprised that DH can actually act with nuance, humor and charm. I'd love to have that John, as well as a befuddled and amused Marlena, on my screen. The characters and pairing still have the potential to be interesting.

They should have kept John dead. That was some of the best material Deidre had in years. I love J/M, but Drake is one of the worst actors on the show.

Drake just needs more scenes which Deidre isnt always in all them. His character does need to find his past though so it can be done with finally. It's been an ongoing storyline for the last 30yrs. Hes been a Brady, a Dimera, an Alamaine. Hes truly the show's Orphan Black. Who is John Black?!

Marlena needs something to do too! She was the show's psychiatrist. They don't even show her having therapy sessions anymore. If Im a new viewer I would be like "Ok Marlena is a psychiatrist but shes never at work. Is she retired?" Like Marlena hasnt had a storyline in sometime. If that's one thing I liked about James Reiley and Hogan Sheffer they always gave the Marlena character something to do even if it was cartoonish and over the top. Not saying Im wanting cartoon Marlena back at all just give her something organic.

See I would do some wishful/stunt casting and make Jaclyn Smith join DOOL and have her be Marlena's long lost sister. Frank Evans had another child outside of his marriage with Martha Evans. And come on Jaclyn Smith and Deidre Hall look like they could be kin in real life

2vahvzd.png

Robo John was my favorite, he should have stayed that way. He was hysterical while living in the Dimera mansion with EJ.

It been better if he stayed a Dimera too. I actually liked that direction. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1