Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Wow...so 6 months from now Eric, Nicole, Daniel, Adrienne, Justin, Will, Sonny, Eve, Paige, Ben, Clyde, Aiden, Bo and Stefano himself will all be things of the past. In some cases, the distant past.

Of the veterans, that leaves us Marlena, John, Kayla, Steve, Victor, Caroline, possibly Andre, Maggie, Kate and Hope?

Cripes.

• Love 5

Where has this rumor about Nicole/Ari leaving surfaced from? I keep seeing it mentioned but haven't seen anything concrete. 

I know this is a very minority opinion but I have no problem with new characters being brought on.  Some of my very fave soap characters all started off as a brand new character so I'm willing to give anyone new a shot.  I'm VERY excited about Vincent Irizarry and Jordi Vilasuso. I love both actors so I look forward to them. I also don't care too much about Justin and Adrienne eventually being gone seeing as I haven't cared for either of them in quite some time.

• Love 3

Wow...so 6 months from now Eric, Nicole, Daniel, Adrienne, Justin, Will, Sonny, Eve, Paige, Ben, Clyde, Aiden, Bo and Stefano himself will all be things of the past. In some cases, the distant past.

Of the veterans, that leaves us Marlena, John, Kayla, Steve, Victor, Caroline, possibly Andre, Maggie, Kate and Hope?

Cripes.

Could Belle, Shawn, Chloe and Phillip be considered veterans?

• Love 1

Cripes.

And this is bad, why?

Folks moaned and moaned about St Daniel. Eric has been a puddle of muck/dreck/blandness ever since his "return" from living off-screen for 35 of his 40+ years. Adrienne and Justin were clearly promoted to regulars as insurance in case the other returns fell through. The actor playing Jackson chose to leave to make millions with a pyramid marketing scheme.  The actor playing Will was one of the worst since Charity Rahmer darkened our screens.  Eve forgot she wasnt from the south, wasn't 7 feet tall, and wasn't horny for teenagers.  Beige may still be there. but we wouldn't know, as she tends to fade into the scenery.  Clyde served no purpose other than to be a Hillbilly Criminal Master(!)Mind(!).  Bo and Stefano have barely been in Salem for the better part of the last half-decade.  And Nicole hasn't left yet, though it remains to be seen whether she will hook up with Roman again, just like she did before leaving Salem the last time.

The cast was (purposely) bloated for the 50th, which lasts until next summer.  And new blood is always needed.  The show has been better produced and better written in the past six months. We have eight solid vets to support the teen scene and the returning 30somethings.  

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 5

I saw the commercial where Ben sets the bed Chad and Abigail are sitting on on fire. Is it wrong that I laughed at the two of them as they screamed out "Ben!"? Never mind, don't answer that. I'm such a terrible person.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 8

And this is bad, why?

Folks moaned and moaned about St Daniel. Eric has been a puddle of muck/dreck/blandness ever since his "return" from living off-screen for 35 of his 40+ years. Adrienne and Justin were clearly promoted to regulars as insurance in case the other returns fell through. The actor playing Jackson chose to leave to make millions with a pyramid marketing scheme.  The actor playing Will was one of the worst since Charity Rahmer darkened our screens.  Eve forgot she wasnt from the south, wasn't 7 feet tall, and wasn't horny for teenagers.  Beige may still be there. but we wouldn't know, as she tends to fade into the scenery.  Clyde served no purpose other than to be a Hillbilly Criminal Master(!)Mind(!).  Bo and Stefano have barely been in Salem for the better part of the last half-decade.  

This is all very true (I couldn't agree with some of your character assessments more) and I'm not sad to see Daniel, Eric, Adrienne, Justin when he's acting like a jerk,  Eve when played by KdP, Will when not played by CM, Clyde, and Nicole go but all these characters on top of the ones already departed is what makes it look like they are really trimming the cast for more dour reasons.  Maybe they are just eliminating the dead weight to make a stronger show but for me to be convinced that Corday has a plan for a better stories and stronger characters up his sleeve I would have to see Kate Mansi's name on the dearly departed list. Instead this probably just means there's more screen time for her.  

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 1

And Nicole hasn't left yet, though it remains to be seen whether she will hook up with Roman again, just like she did before leaving Salem the last time.

Omg, I thought I was the only one who remembered that! I always wondered what would happen if their lonely paths had crossed again...

• Love 1

I didn't see the commercial so I just looked it up OMG. If you are terrible then so am I hee! "Bye mama"!

If Ben hadn't set the bed on fire, I really think Chad and Abigail would have been dumb enough to decide to make love right then and there while Ben run aways with the baby.

• Love 3

Aww naming the baby after Tom is perfect especially since there's Jack's around.

The namesake of Tom Horton being a Dimera is kind of funny.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Aww naming the baby after Tom is perfect especially since there's Jack's around.

The namesake of Tom Horton being a Dimera is kind of funny.

It's a soap staple with new family members to name a child after the matriarchs and patriarchs.

Bill Bell created it on Days then he made it a regular to YR with the Newmans and Forresters on BB.

Hope and Ciara have the middle name "Alice", Ali, Lucas and Sami's kid "Alice Caroline", William "Will" Horton is named after granddad Bill and JT "John Thomas" Brady is named after John Black and Tom Horton. Just to name a few.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

He was a TomSell fav more. Did you miss the list how many names from TomSell has been cut.

I didn't know that. For some reason, I thought Higley had created him. From the time he has appeared on this show, he's been shoved down our throats as the best tanning site available for teenagers, young adult women, middle-aged women and seniors, so I'm wondering what changed. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

It's a soap staple with new family members to name a child after the matriarchs and patriarchs.

Bill Bell created it on Days then he made it a regular to YR with the Newmans and Forresters on BB.

Hope and Ciara have the middle name "Alice", Ali, Lucas and Sami's kid "Alice Caroline", William "Will" Horton is named after granddad Bill and JT "John Thomas" Brady is named after John Black and Tom Horton. Just to name a few.

Will was named after his aunt Billie Reed. Austin gave him that name, when he was believed to be Austin's son. His birth name was William Reed. At the time that Will was born, Lucas's tie to the Horton family via Bill was not yet known....

• Love 2

Show seems interested in having a canvas filled with new characters or SORASed teens played by unheard of actors. I guess it's cheaper that way. 

I don't really see this.  The one character that I keep seeing complaints that she's on too much and is hogging screen time is Abigail, someone who is child of one of the shows greatest supercouples and has been around for years. For that matter Chad is a DiMera. Hope has been on pretty much every day for the past month and I dont see her story slowing down, Steve and Kayla are front-burner right now.  Brady and Theresa are supposed to have a lot of story coming up. Vincent Irizarry may be playing a new character but I would be extremely shocked if he was getting less money than say Guy Wilson or even Greg Vaughan. Jordi Vilasuso is apparently going to be playing Dario, not a new character and he's an Emmy winning daytime veteran.  Phillip is going to be returning any day and as much as I don't care for JPL he's not an unheard of actor and a popular character from the past.  

• Love 6

According to this Australian news article the actor has had his contract extended. It was originally a 3 month stint.

Thank you!  I thought he'd won some sort of contest.  Wonder why they extended his contract while leaving poor Bryan Dattilo hanging out in recurring land.  Grrrrr.

• Love 6

Thank you!  I thought he'd won some sort of contest.  Wonder why they extended his contract while leaving poor Bryan Dattilo hanging out in recurring land.  Grrrrr.

Probably to pay for the stunt casting of Vincent as a retcon Kiriakis.....This show has been disappointing with their casting choices..Jack will only coming back for 5 episodes as a ghost or a hallucination..When he should be back alive and reunited with Steve and Adrienne....I will never see the Johnson family  again....There is still unfinished business with them....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Probably to pay for the stunt casting of Vincent as a retcon Kiriakis.....This show has been disappointing with their casting choices..Jack will only coming back for 5 episodes as a ghost or a hallucination..When he should be back alive and reunited with Steve and Adrienne....I will never see the Johnson family  again....There is still unfinished business with them....

I'm not even gonna get into the 2006 flop of a story. There was so much missed opportunity especially given the history between Jack and Steve alone. Adrienne was the glue that tried to hold them together. None of their children got to grow up together.....then again they didn't either.

So Vincent is gonna be a Xander 2.0 retconned Kiriakis? I would rather have found out that Justin was really Victor's son through an affair and that would allow for a family feud between Justin's sons and Phillip for control of the Kiriakis empire.

Bryan is like a really nice suit that is only brought out for a quick night out only to be put back in the closet. Such a waste!

• Love 4

I'm not even gonna get into the 2006 flop of a story. There was so much missed opportunity especially given the history between Jack and Steve alone. Adrienne was the glue that tried to hold them together. None of their children got to grow up together.....then again they didn't either.

So Vincent is gonna be a Xander 2.0 retconned Kiriakis? I would rather have found out that Justin was really Victor's son through an affair and that would allow for a family feud between Justin's sons and Phillip for control of the Kiriakis empire.

Bryan is like a really nice suit that is only brought out for a quick night out only to be put back in the closet. Such a waste!

So many missed opportunities with the Johnson family.....Their coming together was a joy  to behold....I always assumed that Stefanie grew up with Adrienne's sons offscreen...Adrienne and Kayla were very close and I can see that bond continuing, even after Steve's "death"..I remember how people used to complain about Adrienne constantly interrupting Steve and Kayla....lol

I love your idea of Justin being Victor's son...They have always had a close relationship and I remember that Justin was brought in to give Victor layers at the height of his villainy.....Victor's love for Justin was cool to see...Their close bond was explained very nicely via Justin's tragic backstory in Greece....It also gave an explanation as to why Victor was obsessed with Andrew Donovan and later Bo when he was revealed to be his son....At his core, Victor always wanted his own family and it was great to see him bond with Kate over being denied the chance to raise two of their kids...It is why Philip came to be...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

The new SOD has Ben/Abby/Chad/Hope on the front. In the article it says Ben is alive and is caught by the police. Chad saves Abby from the burning cabin, but when Ben's caught he's alone. So they still have the baby missing.

• Love 1

"Emmy-caliber"? Sorry, no. There's nothing about Battery-Operated BOllie (Now With Psycho-Grip!) that's worthy of an Emmy. Not the performance, and most certainly not the writing.

I'm going to roll on the floor laughing when RW and/or KM end up getting an Emmy nomination. 

• Love 5

I wouldn't call RSW Emmy worthy but I definitely think his acting ability has improved greatly once this story kicked in (and IMO out acting KM by a mile). That scene with Ben and Clyde that he singled out was also my favorite scene throughout the killer story.

• Love 7

I wouldn't call RSW Emmy worthy but I definitely think his acting ability has improved greatly once this story kicked in (and IMO out acting KM by a mile). That scene with Ben and Clyde that he singled out was also my favorite scene throughout the killer story.

Had it not been for Robert Scott and Billy Flynn holding Kate up the storyline wouldnt be close to decent.

As for Emmy worthy, I can see him being nominated. It all goes back to the reel video. The people who vote for these actors and actresses don't watch how we do. They only watch about 1-2 hrs of each performance before casting a vote.

If you look at Alison Sweeney and Eileen Davidson reels they were of the best dramatic scenes they had. Alison could had won an Emmy if all that Abigail and EJ was authentic to the storyline. Eileen and even Tamara Braun played batshit crazy vixens, hence, they won the Emmys. Or better example for men would be Eric Martolf intervention scenes. So it's quite possible Robert Scott could at least be good for a nomination in the supporting category.

Eileen's Reel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=qdAYqC-LKpI

Alison's Reel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=U6C96a18lk4

Eric's reel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjfcTvAolcU&feature=youtu.be

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

He needs to work on not doing "model" things with his lips and face all the darn time. He's Zoolandering his way through all the scenes in the way a person would if they come from a modeling background and don't understand how to just act natural.

All of his expressions involve the same nostril flaring and jaw clenching. There's zero dimension.

He has grown as a performer through this storyline, but nowhere near enough for him to honestly be called an actor. In a High School show, he would get ovations, sure. But not in the real world, at least not yet.

• Love 7

He's not an actor? Based on what? He's been busy with a number of projects with people like Vincent Pastore &  Paul Sorvino while this storyline has been playing out and was already good on his AMC days. 

• Love 7

RW has had moments and is certainly better than KM (the baby and the day player midwife are better than her) but I also think playing opposite of her might make him look a tad bit better than he actually is. He's been mostly adequate for what this poorly written story requires but nothing Emmy worthy. 

• Love 3