Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Online maybe, be but majority of viewers aren't online and he always had a huge fanbase at events. I wasn't a fan of the Jennifer/Dan pairing, but I did like him interacting with others and Nicole. He's been a member of the cast for a long time, is Maggie's son, Brady's BFF, engaged to Nicole, a son with Chloe. He's got ties and is a major character.

• Love 1

He's been a member of the cast for a long time, is Maggie's son, Brady's BFF, engaged to Nicole, a son with Chloe. He's got ties and is a major character.

Oh he only has ties because the writers loved him. The audience just never warmed up to Daniel, not saying he has no fans, but every forum I've been too since his arrival in 2006 since haa never been positive. The keyword usually I tend to read is "forced" when it came to his pairings and especially when they tried making him an "honorary" Horton same can be said with his kid Melanie. I think where the show went wrong by Shawn Christian they should had casted him as Mike Horton. Instead they had to go make him some brand new character that the audience just never cared about.

• Love 2

Yeah they do seem like different brackets. she's got multiple divorces already and he's never been engaged. She has a 16 year old and he's unknowingly only has a 1 day year old.

Phillip has had two previous children. Grace (with Mia) was switched by Nicole with Sydney and died of meningitis (he only found out about her after her death). And "Pocket" (I don't recall his real name) who was Steve and Kayla's foster baby. For reasons that never made any sense, Phillip gave him up to the second set of foster parents who wanted to adopt him.

Phillip has had two previous children. Grace (with Mia) was switched by Nicole with Sydney and died of meningitis (he only found out about her after her death). And "Pocket" (I don't recall his real name) who was Steve and Kayla's foster baby. For reasons that never made any sense, Phillip gave him up to the second set of foster parents who wanted to adopt him.

Phillip was not Grace's father, Chad was. Phillip just had Pocket and at one time was believed to be Parker's father.

• Love 1

Is this supposed to be a drunk driving thing? Did Eric become an alcoholic off screen?

He's become one ON screen. He's been drunk non stop since Serena's murder.

And YAY, MORE DEATH on Days!!!

OMG, writers. Will this ever end? They won't need to cancel this shit show, everyone will be dead already.

• Love 4

I think I'm going to start DVRin Days more 2016 and watch later in the day when Chad/Abigail are on so I can FFWD through their scenes. And if I miss some details I can always come here and be updated or read soap sites or go to SOD read their mag.

You all have no idea. Im not a fan on the couple. Just not. I'm more pissed the writers from Tomsell and now Griffith/Higley won't give the Abigail character a breather. Jesus. She has been front and center for three years and going on four. It's time for her to have a long backburn where she's hardly eating the show.

What Days writers needs to employ is the good ol fashion "A-B-C storytelling." Someone like Abigail should been a "C story" for the last few years now but because they want to make KM the next Kelly Monaco of Days we can't have such. I have been become very disenchanted by her and that character eating the show. I'm not even a Jarlena fan, but if I were one, I would question why Jarlena doesn't get much screen time anymore. Could it be Chabby is getting the Ejami 2.0 treatment? Same can be said for Nicole/Ari Zucker. She's being pushed to the side for KM. WTF.

THIS IS DAYS OF OUR LIVES NOT THE CHABBY FUN HOUR DAMNIT.

Just ugh writers wake up and give fans a balanced show. Chabby don't have to be on 5 days a week to remain popular by their supposed fanbase. If their fanbase is allegedly strong than they will stick around.

Rant over. Pissed.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

I think I'm going to start DVRin Days more 2016 and watch later in the day when Chad/Abigail are on so I can FFWD through their scenes. And if I miss some details I can always come here and be updated or read soap sites or go to SOD read their mag.

Do what I do...go to Twitter and follow Carolyn Topol. She live tweets every day at12pmEST (she gets DoOL an hour early in her area). It's concise and real time. She's great.

I refuse to give this shit show any money by watching, recording, etc..

What does attacking actors have to do with other actors not being written for? Is Kate Mansi to blame for Greg Vaughan leaving too? Or Shawn Christian? Were they pushed out for Billy Flynn? It really seems Kate Mansi is attacked personally for the writers direction when the same can't be said about the male actors. I don't see the comments that Galen is pushing actors out. Dena and crew just weren't interested in Eric/Nicole/Daniel, hence the huge push of Rafe since he's her favorite and killed Aiden for the Hope/Rafe plot too. But lets blame Kate Mansi for all that too.

Also Chad and Abby are not even on every day, it's KA and Hope that has been on everyday. There wasn't even a day last month that she wasn't on. Where's the outrage and declaration that KA's pushing AZ out? They're more in the same age bracket of storylines while Abby's in the younger set.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

Also Chad and Abby are not even on every day, it's KA and Hope that has been on everyday. There wasn't even a day last month that she wasn't on. Where's the outrage and declaration that KA's pushing AZ out? They're more in the same age bracket of storylines while Abby's in the younger set.

Here is the difference for me

KA has been on most of November and December (which she has been off 4 days in December) because like I said this story she is currently in is now is nothing more but an introduction story for VI. Plus how KA has been on 32 years compared to KM whos been on for 4 years, hell, KM has kicked KA's ass at getting screentime the last 4 years if you ask me. Not to mention, under TomSell, KA, Dee Hall and Drake Hogestyn were hardly getting any airtime since they didn't want to write for them any more. Ari Zucker is a 2 or 3 time Emmy nominee and deserves more screentime than Kate, sorry, I just feel that way. At least the girl who plays Gabi deserves a little more airtime being too she's also an Emmy nominee after the good work she had compared to KM last year. If the writers aren't going to make some of the characters A stories at least inner-weave them or put them in solid B story.

Days is getting as bad as GH only keeping the same people front center instead of routing them in and out. GH it's always the Sonny-Jason-Carly-Sam hour. While those characters are popular they dont need to be every day neither. Thats another reason Sonny lost so much popularity going into the 2000s. Guza told 500 stories about Sonny (kind of similar how Days is going about it with Chad) and fans stopped caring about the character and hated Sonny. And while that won them awards the ratings went down too.

swrtgirl I do follow her. She's awesome

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

Not to mention, under TomSell, KA, Dee Hall and Drake Hogestyn were hardly getting any airtime since they didn't want to write for them any more. Ari Zucker is a 2 or 3 time Emmy nominee and deserves more screentime than Kate, sorry, I just feel that way. At least the girl who plays Gabi deserves a little more airtime being too she's also an Emmy nominee after the good work she had compared to KM last year.

So now we're basing airtime on who gets Emmy nominations? In that case EM won last year, so he should be on every single day. 

The point is, nobody is pushing Ari out other than the writing/TPTB.  It's not KM or KA's fault that Ari is not getting a storyline right now. However the only one being personally blamed and attacked is KM for other actors writing and airtime which is silly. I also wouldn't call Aiden's death, Bo's death, the Bo revenge and the build up of the relationship with Rafe nothing for KA other than build up for VI. Hope is involved with so much right now and spoilers will have her be involved with Andre soon too. She's all over the canvas, which is a solid weaving of writing.

There's a lot of stories right now that are giving DAYS kudos for the writing and storyline. That are enjoyable.  Whether you like it or not, Chad/Abby/Ben got a lot of buzz. The killer storyline got a lot of attention (good and bad). The returns of Steve and Kayla, Ava and the returns of Chloe/Shawn/Phillip/Belle. The new teen set, even going on locations. Yet every post has to be about bringing up Abby, whether to point out she wasn't on/to slut shame and call names/or to now blame the actress for other actresses not being on. Everything does not have to be about Abby or KM.

• Love 2

Dimera Clan? Does it qualify as a clan if it is only 2 people and one of them is an ailing old man in a wheelchair?

HAHAHA

Too funny.

Thats why it is so stupid to throw yet another obstacle in their way.

Like my goodness, let Chabifail be "happy" for at least 3-5 months and have them find out TJ is theirs while keeping them in the backburn. Stop putting one stupid, quicky obstacle in their way just so they can stay front burn.

Stupid.

Edited by BlackMamba

KA is finally getting some good material after being sidelined for years after PR left. Plus, she can actually act and Hope isn't an insufferable piece of trash. I have no problems with the amount of screen time she's getting. If she's still on 4-5 episodes a week six months from now maybe then I'll take issue. 

Abifail was a C character who became a B character when she tried to destroy Austin's marriage then went back to being a C character with triangle trash with Chad and Cameron then out of nowhere became an A character when EJ was forced to play in the kiddie pool. There was no gradual transition with her character. One minute she's in some glorified teen love crap with Chad then the next minute she's in the big leagues with Sami and EJ and ever since she's been getting insane amounts of screentime. BF and Km have been in the most episodes this year, at 130 and 128, respectively. That is sickening. Neither one of them have paid their dues to justify being on that much. 

An entire serial killer story was created to give Chabifail angst and now Stefano and Andre are being used to prop them. And based on spoilers it doesn't seem like there's going to be any end in sight. I don't care how popular Chabifail supposedly are, they are not interesting or dynamic enough to be the tent pole pairing on this show. They just aren't. 

• Love 9

KA is finally getting some good material after being sidelined for years after PR left. Plus, she can actually act and Hope isn't an insufferable piece of trash. I have no problems with the amount of screen time she's getting. If she's still on 4-5 episodes a week six months from now maybe then I'll take issue.

Abifail was a C character who became a B character when she tried to destroy Austin's marriage then went back to being a C character with triangle trash with Chad and Cameron then out of nowhere became an A character when EJ was forced to play in the kiddie pool. There was no gradual transition with her character. One minute she's in some glorified teen love crap with Chad then the next minute she's in the big leagues with Sami and EJ and ever since she's been getting insane amounts of screentime. BF and Km have been in the most episodes this year, at 130 and 128, respectively. That is sickening. Neither one of them have paid their dues to justify being on that much.

An entire serial killer story was created to give Chabifail angst and now Stefano and Andre are being used to prop them. And based on spoilers it doesn't seem like there's going to be any end in sight. I don't care how popular Chabifail supposedly are, they are not interesting or dynamic enough to be the tent pole pairing on this show. They just aren't.

giphy.gif

• Love 3

I try to like the Abigail character, I really do, but I think it's the actor I don't care for.  Or perhaps more specifically, her acting or her interpretation her lines in the script. 

I didn't see the previous Abigail, so I can't compare, but I find myself liking other new female characters better than Abigail, like Gabi (who I never saw before).   Maybe it's because my first scenes of Abigail were her pretending to be Sami's loyal maid of honour during the wedding preparations, when she wasn't and Sami knew it, so my first take on the character was that she was not a nice person.  It will be interesting, for me, to see if I like another Abigail, if the rumours that KM is leaving are true and the show recasts.

Another character I never really liked is Chloe, so it will also be interesting to see how I take to her when she returns.

• Love 6

It will be interesting, for me, to see if I like another Abigail, if the rumours that KM is leaving are true and the show recasts.

Watch, she goes to primetime she'll know how to act then. Trust me it happened with Shelly Henning. Couldn't act on Days IMO but once she went to Teen Wolf she became a good.

The fact that KM has remained front and center through two different writing regimes and low ratings points to some behind the scenes connections she has with Corday or other higher ups that haven't changed. If her fan base was really so spectacular to justify the amount of screen time she receives then the ratings would be much higher.  

• Love 5

Nadia Bjorlin will be returning as a regular.

http://news.yahoo.com/days-of-our-lives-first-look-nadia-bjorlin-172246993.html

I wonder if they will include her RL pregnancy in the storyline.  Maybe Philip is the father.

Oh........well, I"ll say 'dear'.  But I mean 'Oh, shit'.  Missy Bjorlin, not one of my favorites, not by a long shot.  In fact, the only reason she's not my all time worst AKTRESS EVAH is because Kate Mansi holds the position permanently, the same way nobody ever could dislodge Cameron Mathison aka Ryass Lamery, Lord of the Douche from being WORST AKTOR EVAH.  

And in her last return, when she inexplicably decided Nicole was the devil, she was even worse.  So lets's see.....we've got Kate Mansi, Bjorlin, JPL, AND Brandon Beemer......

Galen Gehring is looking more like Lawrence Olivier every day.

• Love 10

Oh........well, I"ll say 'dear'. But I mean 'Oh, shit'. Missy Bjorlin, not one of my favorites, not by a long shot. In fact, the only reason she's not my all time worst AKTRESS EVAH is because Kate Mansi holds the position permanently, the same way nobody ever could dislodge Cameron Mathison aka Ryass Lamery, Lord of the Douche from being WORST AKTOR EVAH.

And in her last return, when she inexplicably decided Nicole was the devil, she was even worse. So lets's see.....we've got Kate Mansi, Bjorlin, JPL, AND Brandon Beemer......

I can't breath.

Too much shade being thrown in one post.

• Love 3

Oh........well, I"ll say 'dear'.  But I mean 'Oh, shit'.  Missy Bjorlin, not one of my favorites, not by a long shot.  In fact, the only reason she's not my all time worst AKTRESS EVAH is because Kate Mansi holds the position permanently, the same way nobody ever could dislodge Cameron Mathison aka Ryass Lamery, Lord of the Douche from being WORST AKTOR EVAH.  

And in her last return, when she inexplicably decided Nicole was the devil, she was even worse.  So lets's see.....we've got Kate Mansi, Bjorlin, JPL, AND Brandon Beemer......

Perhaps this is why they are all in the canvas, to make the Rafe prop look justifiable.

• Love 2

AMEN!

• Love 2

I attended a Days event 3 years ago and Shawn C. had by far the longest line there. My friend that I went with to the event waited on his line as I waited on a couple of other lines and she said so many of the people she chatted with were fans of his from his ATWT days so even though I agree Daniel Jonas has been annoying and shoved down our throats IMO Shawn has a lot of fans. Regardless I'm not looking forward to this story. Not only will Maggie be losing a son but it will be a crappy plot point to destroy the character of Eric.  For me personally drunk driving is a very sensitive subject and something for me I can rarely forgive. Its such a stupid, careless act. The only silver lining I see is the inevitable Emmy reel AZ will no doubt turn in.

• Love 5

I imagine whatever caused Baby Thomas to be rushed to the hospital will get the Daddy reveal.

Yep.

Chad will probably be a match in something medical, the baby will pull through, and slowly snap out of his brainwashed state. Then hence him and Abifail will make plans to marry and go after the army of 2 Dimeras.

One big ass fart

giphy.gif

• Love 6

Yes Jennifer you have a dimera grandchild, and she will find out her sainted daughter was banging dimera while with Ben.

Of course Jennifer will be sad but will not say anything after all failure can do no wrong in her eyes.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 4

What a sad, predictable state this show has become.

Well what do you expect. The show has been centered around two people all year, one who can't act, and whom the show wants us to root for as if they are the new Tony-Anna and Ej-Sami combo but I dont see these people bringing in new viewers. Had they I been shutting my mouth because game recognizes game, but they are no draw TPTB wants us to believe.

Yes Jennifer you have a dimera grandchild, and she will find out her sainted daughter was banging dimera while with Ben.

Well Jennifer cant really talk. She was married to Peter Blake Dimera. He started off a good guy until the writers ruined his character (hence all the Missy Reeves alleged cheating drama behind the scenes). Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

I imagine whatever caused Baby Thomas to be rushed to the hospital will get the Daddy reveal.

ITA, medical issue  or the lab tech were the only options to get this reveal moving since Clyde is gone.

• Love 1

Oh geez. The baby gets sick and has to go to the hospital. There's a freaking shock. Something will be wrong. Blood will be needed. Chad's will match. Blah blah blah. Once again, Days is gonna miss the mark in doing a story that could have been interesting and compelling. Leaving Ben as the father and letting Abifail and Chad raise it would have gone against the norm. That's something that could have made for real drama. Not to mention, as we well know, that Ben was actually the father by doing simple math. Instead, the easy out is taken once again to let the princess live in her fairytale and dodge the potential backlash from fans.

• Love 6

Oh geez. The baby gets sick and has to go to the hospital. There's a freaking shock. Something will be wrong. Blood will be needed. Chad's will match. Blah blah blah. Once again, Days is gonna miss the mark in doing a story that could have been interesting and compelling. Leaving Ben as the father and letting Abifail and Chad raise it would have gone against the norm. That's something that could have made for real drama. Not to mention, as we well know, that Ben was actually the father by doing simple math. Instead, the easy out is taken once again to let the princess live in her fairytale and dodge the potential backlash from fans.

Thats what I hate about Days as a long time fan. It's only been a few times since I have watched where Bill Horton and Bo Brady have stepped outside their long term relationships and had children with other women. Why couldn't it not happen in this case?? It's so fucking predictable that TJ will be Chad just so this couple can get some "happy ending". It would had made for more compelling drama if the kid was Ben's which would leave open the possibility of the tri to continue down the road and maybe give Ben some redeeming qualities. This is almost similar to how the writers caved and made Zack Bo's kid because of pressure from the fanbases and also Shelle's growing popularity. That damn Zack should had been John's kid

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

Well, if there's pressure from the fans it's because some of us like/look forward to a "happy ending". Watching angst all the time is just as predictable for us...and definitely not as enjoyable.

• Love 1

I don't think Days airs on Friday, it Christmas.

So on Tuesday, Claire becomes Eve's protege-- protege in what exactly, unemployment? How would this connection even be forged? Was Charlotte Ross still on as Eve at any point during the Shawn and Belle era?

• Love 1