Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Well, hey, Azan finally got Nicole to run. As long as he is near a staircase that has more than three steps, he can still get away.

Oh, Molly.

"My brother and cousins will keep him in check."

"We're going to Magic City. We're going SEE ASS!"

"WOOOOO!"

• Love 14
28 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think Libby’s sisters are pretty controlling themselves.

If Libby never went to strip clubs before, why does she need to go to one for her “last hoorah?”

Exactly! She is older now and she has a good relationship. Why is it so important that she go out and get wasted? "You don't know what she is really like" say the sisters- she is wild and crazy! But she is 27 now and about to get married- she doesn't need to to that anymore.  I like her and Andrei, they seemed to be the only normal couple on this show.  What Elizabeth said about compromising seemed really mature next to Evilyn and David Spain. I think the show is really trying to play up the "Andrei is controlling" aspect. If you saw "before the 90 days" that Dutch dude was really controlling. 

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I'm guessing josh didn't tell Aika he had a vasectomy. She needs to get out. Josh doesn't have any interest in having kids with Aika or anyone else. 

I will be honest, I really hope that Joshua's reversal vasectomy failed so she can run out of here

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I hate that everytime we see May (Mae?) she is on her tablet. So stimulating for a toddler.

There is going to be a whole generation of these who just stared at screens in their babyhood years instead of playing with blocks. We will see how they turn out...

• Love 18
43 minutes ago, Bnwcat said:

I was totally on the side of Elizabeth's sisters until they forced the strip club topic. I wouldn't want my future husband to go to a strip club or grind on random strangers at a club. I don't think he has any right to tell her what to do but I think saying "I'm not comfortable with this" is perfectly fine for people in a relationship. And it didn't sound like Elizabeth wanted to do those things either.

Totally agree.  It also seems like they had reached a compromise on her going to a few clubs. Previously he was only okay with supper.

• Love 8

Maybe Molly thought it was fun, but I'd feel too old to crawl on the stage and be on my belly in a tight, ill-fitting dress,  and drink a shooter.  Too embarrassed.

Luis, you are acting like you are on an extended all expenses paid vacation. You are allegedly getting 'married'. Maybe just find a fake priest and have a fake wedding.

Elizabeth's sisters need to butt out - they have their own lives and choices.  My sister has hated any man that I had in my life. I just don't mention anyone now. And we are 'mature' adults. I met her husband two days before she married him. My relationship with him is minimal. She's happy with him and that's all that matters.  I don't say anything and don't interfere or give my two cents' worth. Not my business.

• Love 6

Agree with the person who said Luis is in love with vacation Molly. He still wants to party and his party mate is no more. For goodness sakes Molly needs to wake up, he is TELLING you he lwill vets the single life. I am not even sure why he is sticking around, he clearly loves the DR more than Molly andAmerica

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

'Elitist' is the word of the day for family Evelin. They must have discussed it. 

I looked at Mr. Sage and he said, "Well we know how they voted in the last election".

27 minutes ago, Luciano said:

Well, hey, Azan finally got Nicole to run. As long as he is near a staircase that has more than three steps, he can still get away.

Ha ha ha ha.  You are too funny.  True too.

The whole stripper thing was just too stupid.  I am taking a survey - how many of you wanted strippers at any type of party?  If someone is getting married why would they want a stripper?

• Love 20

I finally figured out who Luis and Josh look like. Luis looks like Howdy Doody and Josh looks like one of Bing Crosby's loser sons.

Oh David Spain?   You could of ended up in Rexburg so STFU and eat your apple. Better yet, just put the whole apple in your mouth.  If you try to talk, you will probably sound like Evelyn when she is (not) singing.   The crunching was bad, but her singing makes me want to do an Elvis to my television set.

I get the vibe that Poor-fat-homely Davids buddy will likely be in prison soon for something like tax evasion or something similar.

I do feel sorry for Annie, that things in Thailand are so bad that she has to be with a turd like him.

Last, the phrase "my country" has turned into fingernails on a blackboard for me.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

Could Elizabeth's sisters be any bitchier? Andrei was just laughing and smiling through the whole thing. 

Oh Annie you are so sweet. Run, run away fro. David poor. He was acting like an asshole when he was drunk and cameras were rolling. I can only imagine how bad he is when no one is watching. 

Shut up Evelyn. Claremont is not the center if the universe. The apples are better than anywhere else. Whatever. 

Evelyn is so very 18. Can't entirely blame her for not being fully mature, but damn does she grate. I'm closer to David's age, and no way would I ever get with an 18 year old for the selfishness and tunnel vision alone. I also simply cannot imagine letting my spouse leave his country and refuse to give anything in return. I'd worry he'd be downright resentful at every single family event and milestone. I would at the very least consider moving to the nearest metropolis.

What bothers me most about her singing voice is her total lack of enunciation. I had no idea what she was saying. Ariana Grande may be able to get away with it, but not you, Evelyn. In the immortal words of Rihanna to Ciara: "Good luck booking that stage you speak of."

1 hour ago, kacesq said:

I feel so bad for Annie, but my God did Antonio enjoy his TV debut or what? Not that he said anything untrue.

I was in Antonio's corner the entire time, until he went into the kitchen. He went totally off the deep end. David was totally out of line with his comment, but Antonio acted like he stabbed his sister right in front of him. No need to resort to threats of violence. And the person Antonio was trying to help - Annie - was clearly distraught and yelling at her to make better choices was not helping. It's true, but could have been said more kindly. What's his name - the friend hosting David - should have put his foot down a lot earlier than he did. His wife clearly dislikes having Annie and David (moreso the latter) in their home. David must know where every single one of the bodies are buried to justify all this generosity.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

The whole stripper thing was just too stupid.  I am taking a survey - how many of you wanted strippers at any type of party?  If someone is getting married why would they want a stripper?

My friends really really wanted to take me to a male strip club for my 27th birthday.  They were really insistent and they were paying so I went ahead with it. It was yuck. I seriously didn’t even want the tacky, sweaty, oiled up strippers to touch me —but of course they did.  For some reason they all had really long mullets too.  It was the 90s. There were bachelorette parties and everyone was screaming and wooing and acting desperate. It was just all-around ridiculous and gross.  I would never have chosen to go see male strippers on my own volition.

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, PityFree said:

My friends really really wanted to take me to a male strip club for my 27th birthday.  They were really insistent and they were paying so I went ahead with it. It was yuck. I seriously didn’t even want the tacky, sweaty, oiled up strippers to touch me —but of course they did.  For some reason they all had really long mullets too.  It was the 90s. There were bachelorette parties and everyone was screaming and wooing and acting desperate. It was just all-around ridiculous and gross.  I would never have chosen to go see male strippers on my own volition.

You read my mind.  I had the same nauseating experience in the late 90s, right down to the hideous mullets.  At least I can use the excuse of having been in my early 20s and less likely to refuse to go.  That scene with Molly at the strip club brought back all of the wonderful memories of being pawed and manhandled by a bunch of sweaty, half-naked, roided-out meatheads.  *shudder*

• Love 8
1 hour ago, zoemom said:

Even more frightening is that they both own guns.  However, it looks like Aika's no slouch at the target range.  The more I see of Aika, the more like her.  If she's smart, she really just needs to leave Dumb and Dumber at the target range to fend for themselves.

On the bright side, Josh is shooting blanks. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 22
15 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

When Josh and his idiot friend went to get a 44 magnum  for Aika to shoot it told mr a lot about them.  You don’t hand any new shooter a 44 magnum pistol.  That is what douchebag guys do to women so they can get a laugh when the recoil knocks them back.  It is also dangerous.

I know zip about guns, have never even handled one, but that's exactly what I was thinking. They were being douches. 

• Love 6

Luis - I think he is in vacation mode.  I also believe Molly's daughters have made it clear they don't want him around, and he is reacting to that, partly.  I suspect Olivia's views on Luis are rubbing off on Kensley, and she has been a disrespectful brat in the clips shown, but that may not be the way it is daily.  The fact Molly doesn't correct this behaviour when it occurs is bad, though.  I fully understand why he is hesitant to take on the role of stepfather, when Molly's daughters make it clear they don't want him in that role.  I think it will just take time for all of them.

Elizabeth had made clear she is not interested in a strip club party, and she wants to respect Andrei's wishes.  Her sisters need to respect that.

• Love 8

Father Libby can f right off with that "my daughters married men with money who asked for her hand in marriage." Sorry poppa but this is not the 1800s, a man does not need your permission or approval to marry your adult daughter. She can make her own choices thank you very much, the only one that seems to be controlling her is you.

• Love 22
  1. What is with these guys who just stand there looking stupid when their best friends diss their fiancé right In front of them or ask questions that are none of their business? Josh didn't stand up for Aika, just as the guy in an earlier season (can't remember his name) didn't say a word when his buddy disrespected his fiancé several times and said he wouldn't go to the wedding. Also, Chris should have been the one standing between Antonio and David, rather than his wife holding the baby. Molly's brother was another coward when Luis was talking inappropriately to her daughter. They're all losers with no backbone.
Edited by parisprincess
  • Love 14

I've only been in this 90DF world for a few months and I have to ask....is this show just a prep round until these people end up on the ID channel?  First Nicole assaults & batters Azan in the street, then a guy with past violent offenses goes shooting guns and finds Aika is a better shot than he is.  Are we prepping for an episode of Deadly Women?

David Spain comes off as a pompous ass in some ways, but he's not entirely wrong about Claremont, NH.  According to census data, that town is 96% white, so it's absurdly homogeneous, and tiny with less than 13,000 people, with the population going down a bit.  The town may be made of of fine people, but if that's all Evelyn's family's world is, it is sheltered.  Even Brother Evelyn was stupid about it, saying that all of Virginia was just like small town New Hampshire.  However, David not liking it is on him.  He knew what he was getting into with Evelyn and had internet access to find out all about the town.

And as for Libby, opting out of the strip club is not a bad idea.  I too went to one for a bachelorette party in the 90s and it was seriously not entertaining.  A table dance with dong flapping around in a highly air conditioned room is not anything anyone should to see.

• Love 21

When you walk into a bar & the 26 year old bartender says he wants to marry you, do NOT believe that you are the first and only woman he's said It to and then take him home and actually try to marry him!   Molly wants to be a bride so badly that she is losing any perspective on this. Your kids are saying don't do it, your father is saying don't do it, even your fiancée is saying he doesn't want to do it -- for god's sake listen!   David Poor is a pathetic specimen and a bad drunk, but what the heck was all that drama that Antonio was shoving down everyone's throats.  He really must have gotten the memo that TLC was in town and made sure he was at Sis's house to get his 15 minutes.   Nicole, remember Amber Portwood! She spent a lot of time in "jel" for assaulting her boyfriend on a reality TV show; better watch yourself.   I do not like Evelyn at all but David Spain really lost me this week. Before getting involved with someone that you are going to marry after 3 months, do a little research into where you might be living! He did seem unwilling to keep an open mind about anything in that town; the apartment; the restaurant, even the mountains. I agree with whoever posted that Joe is in love with Josh - let Aika go and find someone who can giver her what she wants.

• Love 18

What is all the talking that Nicole wants to do?  I have been married nearly 20 years and don’t recall much major talking that needed to be done on a daily basis.  Sure we communicate and talk about life, current events, what’s on sale for Cyber Monday, etc.  But I couldn’t figure out what Nicole means, does she just want to hang out with Azan? Talk about him coming to the US?  The fight just had no frame of reference for me and being part of a low-key, low-drama couple I just don’t understand Nicole.

Edited by fountain
  • Love 13
45 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Josh, your friend is in love with you.  He will never 'come around' and Josh is no prize.

If that guy is in love with ugly ass Josh then he has a problem. It's more likely that he loves being on camera and he's sassy and likes to cause trouble. 

15 minutes ago, tincansailor981 said:

Evel-yn's  ass, or lack thereof, reminds me of another singer.....

ariana_grande_miley_cyrus_taylor_swift_c_5568c53eab0c2.jpg

Reminds me of my own ass.

Chris' wife's brother had every right to jump bad at Bahtman. He actually accused him of wanting to fuck his sisters husband! Tobo deserved to be knocked out. For real. I can see why that would piss him off, cameras present or not. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

I was watching this with my husband during Applegate and he turned to me and said, "Remember the cherries we ate during siesta in Barcelona?"  Not only does he get points for grouping apples and cherries together in the same basic group, he summed up everything that is wrong with our Manic Pixie Dream Yodeler.  We bought those cherries at a big open-air market on Las Ramblas.  We went back to the hotel because it was beastly hot and the town had quieted down anyway for siesta.  We ate those cherries like two little kids, because they were sweet and juicy and perfect.  Our balcony was open to the street noise below but our shades were drawn to the heat.

You don't make memories like that in Claremont.  And I say that as a small-town girl from Indiana.

But... but... it's almost like Casablanca. They'll always have Claremont!

• Love 3

I haven't been to Vegas but I've heard some pretty bad stories especially when it's a bachelor party or bachelorette. Have anybody had any bad experiences with people making sexual advances? I've heard that if a Vegas woman knows you're a bachelor they throw themselves at him. 

I think the sisters are trying to make Libby just like them. And I don't think she's like that. So it's really disturbing for me to watch them tell her what to do and then tell her how she is. My family likes to tell me how I am too and half of it isn't me. It's just what they've decided they want me to be. It causes depression. 

• Love 4

Annie, Annie, Annie--smh.  When she asked him not to drink until their wedding, 1) I could see David Poor counting on his fingers the number of days until the wedding and then considering carefully if he would be able to make it (doubt it) and 2) you know he will be plastered at the wedding now.  What a special day that will be.

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

We bought those cherries at a big open-air market on Las Ramblas.  We went back to the hotel because it was beastly hot and the town had quieted down anyway for siesta.  We ate those cherries like two little kids, because they were sweet and juicy and perfect.  Our balcony was open to the street noise below but our shades were drawn to the heat.

Yeah but Evelyn and David ate breakfast. At a breakfast place. 

• Love 14