Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

On 4/21/2018 at 5:36 PM, Libby said:

As several people have pointed out, there was birth control that worked in the 1960's. I would still be interested to know why Matt's parents continued to have children.

Like I said, I respect every person's decision and what they decide to do regarding their reproduction. I just wish that TLC asked them what their motivation was. I would be interested to know.

That bc was available at that time means very little if the family is religious.  

I live in a town with a lot of Irish Catholics.  There are so many families with over 5 kids, some of which have kids with disabilities, and they kept having kids.  And this is present day.

On 4/23/2018 at 3:21 PM, ginger90 said:

I know nothing about these two. But I feel like they're the cooler version of Jeremy and Audrey. But I could be wrong. 

Tori and Zach seem happy. Audrey and Jeremy do not.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, woodscommaelle said:

I know nothing about these two. But I feel like they're the cooler version of Jeremy and Audrey. But I could be wrong. 

They are the smarter version. They have led their lives off camera and naturally. They don’t have to prove their love and devotion to each other and God to have a full life. 

• Love 7

I learned a lot from this episode.  So, the farm is still actually owned by both Matt and Amy with Amy getting the right to live in the main residence......Hmm.......man that is odd. I'm not sure why I was under the impression that Amy got the house as her property.   I wonder exactly how that property settlement is set up.

So, I now see why Matt won't build his own house on the farm land.  He won't get his investment back.  That makes sense. I still can't see Matt actually moving to the one story house that is going up for auction.  It just seems like a project, imo, either the idea of Matt or TLC.  Fixer Upper shows are so popular. Plus, it might give Jeremy something to do. 

I'm beginning to wonder if Amy is really into all this adventure or is trying to impress Chris.  I mean, the sky diving was a huge thing, but, now motorcycle road trip for 6 days!  That's really hard on the butt.  Being a free spirit is one thing, but, for a woman in her fifties.....I don't know.  Just odd to me.  

What do you think that Chris was doing when he disappeared so much on their trip? She said it happened repeatedly and they actually got into an argument over it.  Didn't she say before this trip that they had not had any arguments?  My first thought was that he was testing his blood sugar.  But, would he keep something like that from her for a year? AND be driving a motorcycle with her as a passenger without telling her?  Since, if you are diabetic and doing something risky, your companion needs to know in case of emergency.  Plus, that only takes a minute to do.  I'm curious. 

I don't understand why some women are so focused on having natural childbirth (nothing for pain) but, to each his own.  If Auj has a high pain tolerance, it might work out okay. 

• Love 2

If Auj has a high pain tolerance, it might work out okay. 

As I say to anyone who says "I have a high pain tolerance",  "How do you know?  Have you ever been anyone else? How do you know how anyone else experiences pain?  Have you ever participated in a scientific study on the subject?  Or are you just trying to impress me?"  

They look puzzled, then realize how ridiculous their statement is.

• Love 7

I sure hope Chris was NOT out drinking! I think that's what they are trying to make us think. Amy would not be happy if he has a drinking problem. It smells like producer "drama" to me, however? I sure hope they have a baby next week because I cannot stand them dragging this out.

So funny that both Jeremy's twin AND mom are not sitting, waiting in vigil (like they did for Zac!) and are going on with their "scheduled" lives...haha!

Also, do we really think Amy planned this trip 9 mos. ago? She would have only been dating Chris for 3 months or so....were they that serious back then? hmmmmmm????

* they show us a preview of Amy and Chris in their hotel room early in the morning where he says he may have celebrated a bit too much the night before. More producer drama?

• Love 2

Yeah, I caught that about him saying something about the night before, but, that could apply to a few things.  Not sure what he meant. Probably, producer driven. 

I did laugh a lot at Matt and Caryn.  She's pretty funny.  I think watching her and Matt do a fixer upper might be amusing. 

2 hours ago, Quof said:

As I say to anyone who says "I have a high pain tolerance",  "How do you know?  Have you ever been anyone else? How do you know how anyone else experiences pain?  Have you ever participated in a scientific study on the subject?  Or are you just trying to impress me?"  

They look puzzled, then realize how ridiculous their statement is.

AMEN to this!

As someone who has been dealing with chronic pain for over a decade, the term "pain tolerance" in one I want eliminated most - especially when used by medical professionals. 

I do not believe two different people, with identical injuries, experience the exact same pain - but that one simply "tolerates" it better than the other.

We know there is a genetic mutation which causes individuals who have it not to feel any pain whatsoever, regardless of the severity of the injury. So it stands to reason the severity of pain from injuries experienced by everyone is most likely governed by genetics; from people who experience a lot of pain to those who experience minimal pain resulting from identical injuries.

The problem is those who are deemed as having a "low pain tolerance" are often treated as if they must be exaggerating their pain (because others with similar injuries have a "high pain tolerance"), and they need to simply "toughen up" and learn to "deal" like other people do.

Oh...and Auj? 

You are not the first homosapien to give birth. Now, I realize you're an Evangelical Christian, and likely believe evolution is nonsense, but even in the Bible Adam and Eve were the only two humans poofed into existence by God. Since that time, billions of women have given birth. You say you don't know what to expect? You've got a SIL who's just given birth, a MIL who had 5 kids, your own mother, as well as countless other women (friends? relatives?) who can clue you in. Your situation really isn't as speshul as you think it is....

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Calibabydolly said:

Also, do we really think Amy planned this trip 9 mos. ago? She would have only been dating Chris for 3 months or so....were they that serious back then? hmmmmmm????

I caught that, too. Do your math, Amy. 

Chris disappearing is just weird. I don't think it's producer driven, either. Amy said it out of her own mouth, he disappears and it's NOT ok with her. Who the hell does that?  The guy gives me strange vibes. He's the type that is happy as long as everything is going according to his plan. No drama, no fighting, no getting upset with him or show the slightest bit of a temper,  just do it all his way and there will be no problems. There is a reason he's 55 and never been married. He doesn't want to compromise for anybody. 

• Love 4

Re: High pain tolerance. My daughter has a high pain tolerance. How do I know this? I have been told this by her dentist when she was a child, as she never has had to use Novocain to get a cavity drilled. Me, I have very little pain tolerance and that blows. 

Re: Chris disappearing. I think he just got sick of the cameras and crew watching him every second of the trip. It took away his feeling of freedom on the road. He’d just need to disappear and recharge. I don’t think that he could tell Amy because some producer was always within earshot. I don’t think he has a problem with alcohol. Who hasn’t had a fuzzy morning after a night of too much fun at least once in their lives? He probably over imbibed because he was stressed over the trip not being what he had hoped for. Time alone with Amy on the road. 

I got a laugh from Auj’s comment of “Aww babe” after Jer finished hanging the glass holder/wine rack. She sounded just like Jinger Duggar! 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Punctuation
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Re: Chris disappearing. I think he just got sick of the cameras and crew watching him every second of the trip. It took away his feeling of freedom on the road. He’d just need to disappear and recharge. I don’t think that he could tell Amy because some producer was always within earshot. I don’t think he has a problem with alcohol. Who hasn’t had a fuzzy morning after a night of too much fun at least once in their lives? He probably over imbibed because he was stressed over the trip not being what he had hoped for. Time alone with Amy on the road. 

He could have said something to her like, I'm going to go stretch my legs, I'll be back in a while.... she said he was walking away with out a word. Not cool and very rude. As far as time alone with Amy, he knows she's on a reality show. No surprises there. He doesn't have to agree to be on the show. There were also traveling with a group of motorcyle riding friends, so I don't know how much alone time he was looking for. Plenty of time to recharge after the camera's are off and they are back at the hotel.  I don't know, I just don't want to give the guy any slack because I don't trust him. I think Amy is eventually going to get hurt. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

He could have said something to her like, I'm going to go stretch my legs, I'll be back in a while.... she said he was walking away with out a word. Not cool and very rude. As far as time alone with Amy, he knows she's on a reality show. No surprises there. He doesn't have to agree to be on the show. There were also traveling with a group of motorcyle riding friends, so I don't know how much alone time he was looking for. Plenty of time to recharge after the camera's are off and they are back at the hotel.  I don't know, I just don't want to give the guy any slack because I don't trust him. I think Amy is eventually going to get hurt. 

Oh I agree that the polite thing to do would have been to say something...anything. He was rude and I’d be mad, like Amy, if it happened to me. 

I hope that Amy doesn’t get hurt as she’s been hurt and put up with enough already in her life. 

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I got a laugh from Auj’s comment of “Aww babe” after Jer finished hanging the glass holder/wine rack. She sounded just like Jinger Duggar! 

I really didn't like how she just kinda brushed Jer off when she was just staring at her phone (like always) and didn't even really look up and show interest or being GRATEFUL to her husband. I strike it odd that Auj is always telling us to appreciate and to listen to our husbands on social media but on TV she doesn't even have the curtesy to pay any attention to Jer!!! I have seen her on her phone more times than I can count when Jer wanted to show her something. (I wonder if the month break was Jer's way to "reconnect" to Auj being so glued to her phone)

• Love 4

Jesus who talks so much about having a baby????  Enough already.  "What are you feeling?  how are you feeling? are you ready to have this baby? what do you think it's gonna be like? are you ready to have this baby? what are you feeling? I can't believe this is happening!  We're gonna have a baby!  What's it going to be like? Are you ready?  How are you feeling? "

oh my god shut up already. 

And why take a 3 month old on vacation?  Catalina Island is nice, but that seemed like a colossal waste of time and money.  "Traveling for the first time with an infant!! YAY! Aren't we great??"

That golf cart seemed like an awful idea with a newborn in a car seat a few feet away from what looked like a cliff.   

• Love 6

I thought it was funny how Matt kept praising Caryn for being open to all of his "ideas", followed shortly by Caryn putting the kibosh on buying an auction home together. 

I just do not see Matt living off the farm. I think it would drive him crazy to be away from all the action.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

I thought it was funny how Matt kept praising Caryn for being open to all of his "ideas", followed shortly by Caryn putting the kibosh on buying an auction home together. 

I think that he’s aware that he can’t get away with as much with her and he enjoys that challenge. When I saw him laugh, when they were standing at the rear of that house that he wanted to bid on, it was one of the most genuine laughs I’ve ever seen him have. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

My husband disappears all the time.  Yes it's annoying, but that's just what he does.  I'm sure Chris is not used to checking in with someone every time he has to use the bathroom or stretch his legs.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Calibabydolly said:

Wasn't this a Chris & his friends trip (with Amy being invited along) not an Amy & Chris trip (with friends being invited ?)  Like something the motorcycle group of friends do every year?   IIRC,  Amy said it had been planned  even before there was a pregnancy.   Even though she may have known well in advance about the trip,  I'm sure Chris didn't invite her to go along til the time got closer & they were getting serious.  I'm thinking he would have gone with or without Amy.

• Love 8

Caryn may be a wonderful person; she may good for Matt, she may be good at her job on the Farm, etc.  I won't pass judgement on her since I only "know" her from a few clips.  However, she kinda bugged me when she was discussing Matt's living on/off the Farm property with him in his office. Caryn said something like "you could build a new house on the property, or you could move off the property or  you can stay here with Amy!" as she smirked.  Now, Matt as the disgruntled ex is expected to have hard feelings and toss little jabs at or about Amy.  But Caryn is NOT.  Whether she had unpleasant employee/employer relations with Amy previously or not, Caryn should not be throwing shade about Amy & Matt's marital relationship.  Period.  Stay out of M & A's divorce issues as much possible.  Stay neutral when possible.  That said, good for her for bowing out of Matt's flipping scheme.  Unless your pockets are very deep, why would you buy a house in foreclosure without seeing the inside???  And word of advice to Matt- if you do go into the flipping biz, do not ask Jerk to do any of the electrical or plumbing or carpentry unless he's supervised by a professional.

Did you catch the twitching grimace Jerk made when Amy was telling him about her 6-day bike ride with Chris?  He looked so uneasy.  I'm so glad Amy went of her trip.  Very few first babies come before or on their due dates, so all the repetitive hand wringing was for nothing.  Plus, did Jerk & Odd have a "special episode" last year when their baby was born?  I swear I saw something about it last year, but I didn't see it, so maybe I dreamed it?  Anyway, we will get 2 HOURS of Odd & Jerk's childbirth journey next week. yay.  I can't wait to hear for the eleventy billionth time how Odd wants to have natural childbirth, and how much pain she is/was in during labor, and all the sacrificing she has done to be the bestest mom ever.  I'm so sick of her agonizing about being "ready".  Honestly, most people don't feel 100% 'ready' when they are expecting.  Odd seems to think she is the only woman who has felt insecure or scared or unprepared.  Also looking forward to Jerk's deer in headlights look as he realizes that 1) he isn't ready to be a father & 2) life is not all about him and his wants anymore.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lesia said:

Jesus who talks so much about having a baby????  Enough already.  "What are you feeling?  how are you feeling? are you ready to have this baby? what do you think it's gonna be like? are you ready to have this baby? what are you feeling? I can't believe this is happening!  We're gonna have a baby!  What's it going to be like? Are you ready?  How are you feeling? "

oh my god shut up already. 

And why take a 3 month old on vacation?  Catalina Island is nice, but that seemed like a colossal waste of time and money.  "Traveling for the first time with an infant!! YAY! Aren't we great??"

That golf cart seemed like an awful idea with a newborn in a car seat a few feet away from what looked like a cliff.   

YES YES YES!!! OMG! Listening to the whining from Auj about her aches and pains was mind numbing! You'd think she was the first woman to ever birth a baby! Blah, blah, blah, blah! What a high maintenance diva. No wonder Jer seems to zone out half the time she's droning on.  And I was thinking the same thing about Tori and Zach with this dumb trip to Catalina...made no sense and looked like a lot of work and headaches with all the baby gear, etc....I had three kids but never traveled with them until they were almost 8 months old unless it was a family emergency...seemed like a lot of bother for just a few days away from home.  Baby in golf cart looked terribly dangerous...he didn't even look like he was secure in it let alone driving on a rough cliffside path...yikes!! 

As an aside, I would just like to throw in that there is NO WAY Jer did all that remodeling in such a short time frame by himself. NO WAY. He had a contractor and a team of people that helped. I had a kitchen remodel a few years ago that took 6 weeks and 6 people to complete...three people tore upon the kitchen and did the cabinet installation and painted the walls; two people did the backsplash subway tile; one person did all the electrical and plumbing hookups. No way that kid with no formal training in electrical, plumbing or floor laying did all that himself. Even the tile work in the kitchen  was professionally done...no way he could have done that himself...that requires special skills to do it right. But of course TLC has to keep the myth up that Jeremy is the wonder boy who can do all these labor intensive specialized skill home improvements himself. Not.

Didn't need to see Amy and weirdo Chris kissing and sitting in their hotel room engaged in a post coital embrace...ecch. Can't imagine why he disappears without a word...he's weird and gives me the creeps. Caryn seems like a someone with a plan...she definitely will be a formidable opponent for Amy at some point...no shrinking violet that one! I don't get her attraction to Matt as a romantic interest...besides the obvious physical disabilities which pose various problems there is the mixing of a business relationship and personal relationship...never good for most couples. Time will tell.

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 3

My first thought was Chris was going to take a few hits off a joint.  But, I would need to just get away from Amy for a few minutes, too. Joint or no joint.

And as someone else mentioned upthread, I don't trust him. Something about him gives me the creeps. 

• Love 7

Tawdry has no need to be grateful for Jerkamy for getting their joint house ready for their joint child. 

Zach and Tori took Jackson to meet her grandma in LA. they didn't mention it on the show but it was on social media at the time.

Amy has always been adventurous but was hobbled by Miserable Matt. Now she can explore to her hearts content. Chris said he had always gone on these  trips solo. Maybe the cameras chaffed.

Caren needs to STFU about the farm, it's absolutely none of her business. She's sounding like a major gold digger.

Miserable Matt is wrong about recovering the cost of a second house. The worth of the farm would increase, probably beyond the cost of the house. And it would make it easier to split the property and sell in smaller parcels, also increasing the profit.

The farm is basically a business and many divorced couples wind up both retaining interest in family businesses. Miserable Matt's just grumpy because he really wants to steal everything he can from Amy.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, kicksave said:

Can't imagine why he disappears without a word

If it were me...I would ask him one time why he leaves without a word. If he got defensive or evasive,  I would be done..done!!

Did he say anything when he gets back?(Apparently I was not paying attention)

Aren't we glad that there is not a pop quiz at the end of each show?

Edited by artisto

I would be pissed too if my man took off - maybe he sneaks a ciggy ?  I just don't think I can watch Carrott top's 2 hour all about me and my sore pelvis next week.

I dont follow them on SM - but I was like wtf - that these two were giving marital advice and charging for it ?  say what ???? 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Calibabydolly said:

So funny that both Jeremy's twin AND mom are not sitting, waiting in vigil (like they did for Zac!) and are going on with their "scheduled" lives...haha!

I suspect that the reason no one was too bothered about traveling around the birth is because probably everyone's in on the discrepancy as to when she's claiming to have conceived and when she actually got pregnant. So it's very likely that this whole "we'll induce at 42 weeks" is more for the show than for the actual time line.

I think Chris planned the trip probably right after the last one finished. She may have been asked along later, but suspect that participation in it didn't mean that she could necessarily change anything about it.

I guess it is evil of me to hope that the ratings for the 2 hour Auj Suffers episode gets the lowest ratings of all the LPBW episodes.

Edited by Tidbit
correction
  • Love 6

I love Amy letting Jeremy know that the world doesn't revolve around him and Auj by going on the trip. He could barely hide how furious he was. Hilarious! I loved it.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

My first thought was Chris was going to take a few hits off a joint.  But, I would need to just get away from Amy for a few minutes, too. Joint or no joint.

And as someone else mentioned upthread, I don't trust him. Something about him gives me the creeps. 

That was me...I've tried to be open about this guy but I just don't get it and he seems weird in every way...I know Amy has introduced him to her kids and their partners, babies etc...and also took him to Michigan to meet her parents. I wonder if Chris has introduced her to any members of his family or taken her to be a part of a family celebration???  

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, MegD said:

I think Chris planned the trip probably right after the last one finished. She may have been asked along later, but suspect that participation in it didn't mean that she could necessarily change anything about it.

They said it was a trip he has taken yearly for several years. My friend is in a small group of cyclists who have a yearly trip they take. It's a time they all seem to be able to take off from work so it's scheduled for the same week every year. Lots of club do that.

• Love 2

I don't think Amy confronted him about walking off, he got the upper hand when he said something about her "anger" and it being a hot spot for him. I feel like he did this as a tool that when she did he could say "remember that anger issue we talked about". 

• Love 3

Maybe 6 days with Amy was just too much, and he found himself needing some space.  Of course he should have told her he was leaving for a bit, but Amy does have a strong personality and she might have gotten on his nerves

• Love 4
3 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

I'm sure Chris is not used to checking in with someone every time he has to use the bathroom or stretch his legs.

That's not what we're talking about here. Amy said he disappears, and he's gone for a long time. And if the guy is going to the bathroom, common sense dictates that  you don't just gets up from the table without a word to your girlfriend and just leave. Or parks the motorcycle and leaves Amy there waiting for a long time  for him to come back, not knowing where the heck he went in the first place.  If Chris considers that an imposition, and it cramps his style to "check in", then he doesn't need to be in a relationship at all. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I don't think Amy confronted him about walking off, he got the upper hand when he said something about her "anger" and it being a hot spot for him. I feel like he did this as a tool that when she did he could say "remember that anger issue we talked about". 

Absolutely and so far it's working perfectly for him. She has to be happy, cheerful, carefree Amy at all times. Walking on eggshells. All the time. Don't show sadness, madness or anything else to upset Chris for fear he won't like her anymore. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 6

She has to be happy, cheerful, carefree Amy at all time. Walking on eggshells. All the time. Don't show sadness, madness or anything else to upset Chris for fear he won't like her anymore. 

So, I haven't watched this episode yet - later today for that, but...

I really have never gotten an "abusive monster" vibe from Chris. That's number one. Selfish ass, a bit devoted to himself, but getting his rocks off by passive aggressively torturing Amy intentionally? No, I don't see it. 

That said, Amy is a grown ass woman who seems relatively bright. She's not married to Chris, she hasn't had a child with him, she is not tied to him in any way so she's really the one in control of whether or not she needs to force herself to be happy, carefree Amy all of the time. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

So, I haven't watched this episode yet - later today for that, but...

I really have never gotten an "abusive monster" vibe from Chris. That's number one. Selfish ass, a bit devoted to himself, but getting his rocks off by passive aggressively torturing Amy intentionally? No, I don't see it. 

That said, Amy is a grown ass woman who seems relatively bright. She's not married to Chris, she hasn't had a child with him, she is not tied to him in any way so she's really the one in control of whether or not she needs to force herself to be happy, carefree Amy all of the time. 

but he has let her know what he's noticed and what characteristics he doesn't approve of. She knows this and she knows if she wants him around he's not gonna tolerate that behavior. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I don't think he's an abusive monster. I do think he has made it pretty clear that he is in the relationship for fun and is going to do what he wants, when he wants and is not interested in her having a bad day or being upset about something. Because of that, Amy is being careful not to rock the boat with him. She can't be herself with him. 

34 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

She's still basically enamored that he is spending time with her. I don't think Amy has enough self confidence to realize her own self worth. After years of being married to Matt who can blame her? She jumped in to marriage with Matt at a young age, she doesn't have much experience with dating. She mentioned early on in the relationship with Chris that she was concerned that he being average height and her being little may be a problem for him. She doesn't want to lose him. She's in love like a giddy high school girl. After a year, he hasn't told her he loves her. Because he doesn't. JMHO

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

<snip> Amy said he disappears, and he's gone for a long time <snip>

But what constitutes "a long time" is completely subjective. For some, five to 10 minutes with no explanation might be "a long time." For others, 30 or more minutes.

So far, we haven't any evidence of any nefarious goings-on with Chris. It may very well be he's attending to some embarrassing (to him) personal, physical problem/issue. We really don't know any more than Amy at this point.

• Love 1

I do think he has made it pretty clear that he is in the relationship for fun and is going to do what he wants, when he wants and is not interested in her having a bad day or being upset about something. Because of that, Amy is being careful not to rock the boat with him. She can't be herself with him. 

I agree and I have since watched the episode and honestly, there's a point where this is really a lesson Amy will need to learn. Because Chris is being relatively honest about what he wants. He's not leading her on, he's not offering what she wants (marriage) or dangling it. He wants a fun, easy going relationship. He's not offering more than that. And he's pretty open about that. Amy needs to decide whether he's worth the effort. 

• Love 4

Miserable Matt is wrong about recovering the cost of a second house. The worth of the farm would increase, probably beyond the cost of the house. And it would make it easier to split the property and sell in smaller parcels, also increasing the profit.

The farm is basically a business and many divorced couples wind up both retaining interest in family businesses. Miserable Matt's just grumpy because he really wants to steal everything he can from Amy.

I think, and freely admit that I could be wrong, that there are some legalities in that area of Oregon about splitting up properties in order to parcel them out with houses. Splitting the property probably isn't an option. 

Miserable Matt very much wants to steal everything he can from Amy. And Amy seems relatively clued into that. I noticed how very firmly she made it clear that she was not agreeing to his plan to build a new house on the property and that she would *pay him* when the property was sold - essentially since he decided to build the new house, when the property is sold, she has to minus off the profit gained from the new house and give it to Matt. I so don't blame her for not agreeing to that plan.

At the same time, I totally don't think Matt will leave the doublewide. He is too obsessed with the farm to let it go. 

I did adore him bitching how cheap it was, especially when he was crabbing about the hard wood floors that he had installed after the fact to gussy the place up and make it "more comfortable". I also loved that bit where he was complaining about having to live in the double wide, Amy notes that is how they decided the divorce, and he shoots back "Am I complaining???"

And Amy is all "Yes you are." For all Amy gets assigned the role of bitter and miserable by some, Matt is very clearly pissed as hell that the divorce didn't turn out the way he wanted.

• Love 4

I think, and freely admit that I could be wrong, that there are some legalities in that area of Oregon about splitting up properties in order to parcel them out with houses. Splitting the property probably isn't an option. 

I believe the farm has expanded over the years through purchasing parcels surrounding it. If so, it may not be a problem.