Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

I'm getting tired of the threats to sell the farm story line; it's old. Sell or don't sell, but stop the made up drama.

Am NOT looking forward to Auj's preg. belly making an appearance again.  So shocked (although relieved) there were no postpartum belly shots.

• Love 7

I think the only way Amy will be pried out of that house is if Matt literally throws more money than God at her. And I suspect it's getting to the point where she enjoys spiting his desire to reclaim the home. Hopefully this scene is an indicator that she's not taking his shit on this. Because she's likely right - it sounds like he wants to change the terms of the divorce. Matt honey? If you want a nicer house, just buy one - trying to fuck over your ex because you now regret giving her too much.

But yes, Matt droning how he loves the farm but may have to sell the farm is fake. No one is selling that farm until TLC stops filming so enough. 

Honestly, I am not a huge fan of babies and baby stuff but I am curious how dramatically Auj presents her incredibly painful birth - oh excuse me - her incredibly painful *natural* birth and her incredibly painful  worse than labor breast feeding where she was in AGONY but just had to show us all how she's the best breastfeeder and not a shitty mama!

*It's also noted that Auj is indeed lucy-goosey on breast feeding - she clearly talks about pumping and bottle feeding along with breast feeding. I only point this out because Auj has made such a precious public to-do over how she endured and overcame the horrors of the worst engorgement of breasts ever (her nurses even said so!) in order to show the world she is feeding her child strictly from her breasts despite her many many trials and tribulations.

• Love 1

I have no idea how old the episode was, but I was too lazy to change the channel the other night and saw one with Zach having horrible headaches and going with Jeremy and his wife to look at potential houses. Zach is throwing up from pain, Jeremey is very concerned, and Jeremy's wife can barley manage a completely uninterested "oh, how sad" and pretty much couldn't care less. WTH? Is she always like that? Your husband is scared for his brother who is in visible pain and she's basically bored with it. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I have no idea how old the episode was, but I was too lazy to change the channel the other night and saw one with Zach having horrible headaches and going with Jeremy and his wife to look at potential houses. Zach is throwing up from pain, Jeremey is very concerned, and Jeremy's wife can barley manage a completely uninterested "oh, how sad" and pretty much couldn't care less. WTH? Is she always like that? Your husband is scared for his brother who is in visible pain and she's basically bored with it. 

Yup that's her. If its not about Tawdry shes bored.

• Love 8

In these new teasers, Matt sounds like his usual condescending self, accusing Amy of not listening.  I'm sure she's hearing every word he's saying and has a valid response.  I have never cared for his smarmy attitude, all about him and what he wants. 

Edited to say that not sure if smarmy is what I mean, but he agreed to the divorce agreement so suck it up buttercup.

Edited by Christine
word definition
  • Love 3
On 3/16/2018 at 7:18 PM, mythoughtis said:

Amy doesn’t have to have a response. The farm was a joint purchase and endeavor. They agreed to the living arrangement. Matt is free to buy a home off site/ which we all know he did. 

Yes, but now Matt wants her off "his" farm. She should just give him whatever he wants. He's on death's door, don't you know, and it can only be cured by doing whatever insane projects he dreams up all over the farm. Amy's never done anything ever.

• Love 3

Oh gawd! Poor Auj is complaining about being robbed of precious newborn moments? It all takes me back to when we were discussing her Instagram faces of anger/disgust/resentment toward her newborn and her needs. I hope that kid gives her hell throughout the years. 

• Love 3

What I hate about the preview is Jeremy sprawled out next to his Dad all smug. I have no idea what the situation is and I know they edit things all the time, but this is pretty much how I envision any conversation between Matt and Amy going down.

Also, Chris and Amy have only been dating a year (on the show obviously this was filmed several months ago)?  It seems like he’s been around way longer.

• Love 3
On 24/03/2018 at 1:35 PM, leighroda said:

What I hate about the preview is Jeremy sprawled out next to his Dad all smug. I have no idea what the situation is and I know they edit things all the time, but this is pretty much how I envision any conversation between Matt and Amy going down.

Also, Chris and Amy have only been dating a year (on the show obviously this was filmed several months ago)?  It seems like he’s been around way longer.

Yes about the Jeremy thing....granted I don’t know the whole story and maybe Amy is a giant pain in the ass but the way Jeremy comes off in that promo.... really TLC?? You want is to hate him lol 

• Love 1

Amy can definitely be a pain in the ass but Jeremy is his own sort of special asshole.

Personally I wish they would drop the false drama of selling the farm. They aren't going to sell the farm. The farm is why they have the show. Jeremy and Auj can dream but Amy isn't likely to go away and they really need to consider being a little more grateful to Amy because honestly, she's carrying the show at this point. She and Zach and Tory, and I really never thought it would go this way but bear with me.

When was the last time we saw Matt really participate in the show beyond bitchy little conferences? There's been few to no "projects" and the rare ones we see are clearly done by professionals (the new pirate ship). He's physically no longer able to participate in a lot of activities. He pretty clearly isn't into filming his dates, or his relationship. There's really nothing to see but Matt sitting at a desk plotting.

Amy in contrast has no problem talking about her dating, and having her dates with Chris filmed, and her and Chris doing new, if not exactly exciting things.

Zach and Tory seem to be on board with filming enough to at least expose a little bit of their lives. They also have a dwarf child which means, boring as shit as they might be, the show is about people with dwarfism and Zach learning to be a dwarf dad to his cute dwarf son? Complete with maybe things like Zach and Tory take Jackson to his first LP conference etc etc etc? Yeah, on a show called Little People Big World, the dwarf baby will be the star.

Jeremy needs to start considering how... not necessary to the storyline he is at this point. He and his average height wife and average height daughter? With their suburban house and vague hipster conservative views? Would never ever on their own be picked for a reality show. No one really cares about a white couple with money and their new baby beyond basic common courtesy. Every mom and dad think their kid is the bee's knees, every set of new parents think they are climbing the mountain of parenthood in amazing fashion. But their many many travails about breast feeding etc are... extremely common place.

Jer and Auj, like Matt, also pretty clearly control the narrative of how much they are filmed and what situations they are filmed in and they pretty clearly view being filmed and participating in the show as boring and dull and a waste of their time. Jeremy in particular rarely rises above a bored monotone when he's speaking directly to the camera. On  the one hand, I don't blame them for wearing their branded crap (although I am willing to bet Jeremy won't be filmed outside a haybale confessional wearing his pretty, flowery "Love is a Verb" sweatshirt) but on the other hand, its very very obvious that they think the whole thing is beneath them and they are way too cool for the silliness. 

Amy at least still seems to care about and like being on the show. Zach at least seems to have internalized that he's doing really well with very little work simply because of the show and seems to enjoy it more now that his every humiliation isn't filmed. Jeremy is still acting like a bored little boy who knows he's "the Golden Boy" and who doesn't realize how petulant and lazy he comes across. I mean, he's a grown man with no obvious physical or mental defects and I seriously question if he'd be capable of holding down a real job.

• Love 15

I was a bit taken aback by our Christian lady talking about what Easter is really about - finding eggs.

Don't get me wrong I am all about the Easter bunny but then I don't go around hyping my religion or lack thereof.

• Love 1
(edited)

Nuts, I forgot this was on. I hope my DVR grabbed it. I want to see what Matt is trying to pull ... And why he is discussing their divorce with Jeremy sitting there.  

ETA: Duhhhhhh. It's on tonight ? sorry. No more posting before I've had my morning coffee!

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 1

Had Tori returned to work in the episode last night? It seemed that Zach was taking on a lot of child caring duties.  Good for him!  Jackson is a cute little guy.  I loved the Father's Day gifts that Tori and Auj came up with.  What a neat idea.  I may steal it for this year's gift. (The photo of the generations.)

I thought Auj and Tori's pregnancy/newborn stories sounded pretty similar.  I would be depressed if in that house that close to due date. OMG  Stressful.  But, if it's just putting up drywall and painting....it could be doable in a few days.  I learned that from watching Fixer Upper.  lol  Anyway, Jer is pretty handy with carpentry, so he should be able to pull something together. 

Amy sure was nervous about taking Chris over to Zach and Tori's.  I wonder why.  It just seemed odd.  I'm glad it went well and what a thoughtful Farther's Day gift, though, I've never heard of a parent giving the son a Father's Day present.  Nice idea though.  Amy still seems REALLY into Chris.  He seemed okay with it. 

It was so ominous the way Amy and Chris were on the motorcycle discussing her nice neighborhood and she's not sure what the future holds.  Well, if you have a Court Order or Property Settlement Agreement, you can be assured what your rights/portion/percentage, etc. is.  You can't just unilaterally change that. So, I suspect contrived drama. It seems to me there may be enough of that anyway.  lol 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It was so ominous the way Amy and Chris were on the motorcycle discussing her nice neighborhood and she's not sure what the future holds.

I took that as meaning Amy didn't know if she would eventually move or stay or vice versa with Matt or if they would eventually sell. 

I actually liked Chris this episode. He seemed really nice at Zach's and Tori's and I agree with Zach, Chris wasn't trying too hard or being phony in any way. 

• Love 6

Hmmm.....I'd like to see how their Agreement is worded. I hope they had really good attorneys who drafted it well.   You should know what the options are in advance. She made it sound like it wasn't up to her.  But, indeed it would be. I wonder if Amy is concerned that if she moves off the farm, the kids won't come to visit her the way they do now. You know, I can see that.  With her lifestyle, it would seem to me that she would be more suited to a nice condo or townhouse that's close to shops, dining, fun activities, etc. I mean, what does she do in that big house, far away from the city?  I don't get it. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Anyway, Jer is pretty handy with carpentry, so he should be able to pull something together. 

Spoiler

According to social media, they "moved in" and then showed pictures of the "finished" kitchen.  The bottoms of the cabinets didn't line up (as in INCHES off), and it looked like it was done by someone who didn't know what they were doing (Jer?).  Lo and behold, they moved back in with her parents, and everything that Jer did in the kitchen was ripped out and re-done correctly.  Methinks his carpentry skills are on a level with his vast experience with marriage, which qualifies him (at least in his eyes) to write a book on the subject.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:
  Reveal hidden contents

According to social media, they "moved in" and then showed pictures of the "finished" kitchen.  The bottoms of the cabinets didn't line up (as in INCHES off), and it looked like it was done by someone who didn't know what they were doing (Jer?).  Lo and behold, they moved back in with her parents, and everything that Jer did in the kitchen was ripped out and re-done correctly.  Methinks his carpentry skills are on a level with his vast experience with marriage, which qualifies him (at least in his eyes) to write a book on the subject.  

Oops.  lol  My goodness. 

Yeah, apparently the install of the dishwasher leaked water under the floorboards and created a mold situation... Hence a charming photo of Auj holding the six week old baby in the ripped out mold infested kitchen to show us how she was handling moving back in with her folks. Also the remodel was apparently waiting on the install of a gas line because they just *couldn't* have an electric stove. Sunnybebe - while they make the farm look like its in the middle of nowhere, you want to remember its a 20 minute drive to downtown Portland. Amy isn't living in the outback. They have easy access to shopping and restaurants etc.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Hmmm.....I'd like to see how their Agreement is worded. I hope they had really good attorneys who drafted it well.   You should know what the options are in advance. She made it sound like it wasn't up to her.  But, indeed it would be. I wonder if Amy is concerned that if she moves off the farm, the kids won't come to visit her the way they do now. You know, I can see that.  With her lifestyle, it would seem to me that she would be more suited to a nice condo or townhouse that's close to shops, dining, fun activities, etc. I mean, what does she do in that big house, far away from the city?  I don't get it. 

We also know that cleaning that big house is too much for Amy who prefers cooking and putzing around. She would do better in something more suited to her new lifestyle. She might be there still (besides the kids visiting) to be a passive aggressive thorn in Matt’s side. 

• Love 3

And lets not dance around the show. Amy is employed by the show that. is filmed on the farm. Moving away to anywhere would make filming awkward. And if the house is too big for her and too much work and her lifestyle is better suited to a condo... Then why does Matt seem hellbent on regaining the big house? He can't even go up the stairs but he needs himself a great big house. I mean, is Matt going to clean that house when he cheerfilly fills his small house full of hoarder rooms? With his lifestyle of barely being able to walk, isn't he better suited to living in a small house with no stairs? Why doesn't Matt have to justify his lifestyle and abilities versus his wish to have a big mansion place? Neither of them *need* that giant house at this point.

• Love 6

Matt wants the Big House because he is a whiny child who didn’t get the whole enchilada in the divorce.  It galls him that Amy got the house.  Doesn’t matter that he can barely maneuver around a single floor dwelling.  He wants it because he perceives it as “his” vs. marital, communal property.  It was his idea to build the Farm, the huge house, the pumpkin patch, yaddah yaddah.  Amy was just along for the ride apparently, and has no intellectual, financial or emotional investment in any of Matt’s holdings. And Matt’s shitty attitude has been passed on to his son, Jerk.  They have been pretty vocal about why either one of them is more deserving of the bigger house than the woman who cooked, cleaned, educated, chauffeured and nursed the family for 20+ years.  That said, I don’t think Amy really needs all that space now that the kids are grown and married.  Both she and Matt would be better of in ranch style houses. Two or 3 BRs, big areas for gathering the family and a good sized kitchen for Amy would be manageable. But Matt needs to have everything “big” to compensate for all the pain and suffering and things denied or not achieved  as a child and teenager. Why doesn’t  he just doesn’t build his own damn Barbie Dream House somewhere on the far side of the property, or at least out of Amy’s sight line?  If he hates the double-wide so much, stop bitching and moping like a martyr and do something about it.

Did anyone else hear Amy’s snarky response to Matt when he said he wasn’t “dying” anymore?  She said something like, “so you’re NOT dying?  Karen gets to have this after I had 27 years of you “dying”? 

The previews for the season look like Jerk, Matt and maybe Karen are ganging up on Amy and the house/farm BS.  I think Jerk even said something like “we need to know where you stand”.  Insufferable like his dear old dad.

• Love 11

I cracked up when Amy mentioned the "dying"! Matt glazed over it really quickly too. Also, when Jer walked in to the party with the hair out of the bun....he looked like such a joke. Oh how I hate the man bun but that flopping mess of fuzz looked 10 times worse! I also cannot stand Audrey. She has such a sour look of jealousy on her ugly mug every time they show her in a scene where she is NOT the center of attention! Oh please.

• Love 6
(edited)

Amy's quite fortunate to not have had the multiple health issues, surgeries, pain, that Matt has.  I wouldn't be quite so quick to throw such shade, if I were her. You never know what tomorrow holds. 

That's a good point about Amy staying in the house due to filming for the show.  That does make sense.  The money must be good.  I wonder how long that will go on though.  I mean if you want to get on with your life.....I'll predict she will move on when she gets married.  Good memories in the house, but, also some not so good ones.  I can see her and Chris picking out a new place, so they can start fresh. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

"Amy's quite fortunate to not have had the multiple health issues, surgeries, pain, that Matt has. I wouldn't be quite so quick to throw such shade, if I were her. You never know what tomorrow holds. " This show has been on since 2004 and Matt has been moaning and pulling the "I'm dying card" and the "I won't be able to do these things when I get older " card and the "Ohnoes! I might have x y and z!" card, and "I might need surgery, why isn't everyone dancing attendance to me" card. He literally and openly admitted on camera last year that he whines about how he's dying to get his way. At what point is Amy allowed to call him on it? Ever? I mean, they aren't even married any more, why does she have to lovingly nod with sadnesss and offer to assist him in any way when he moans yet again that he's dying and therefore must be given his way? The fact that the son of a bitch has admitted he says it to get his way is Matt Roloff admitting he LIES about being ill to manipulate others. Forgive me for not applauding him, and for enjoying him getting called on his *selfish* behavior. For the record, I have no doubt Matt has pain from his physical ailments, but he pretty cheerfully admits his pain gets him his way. When is Matt accountable for lying about his misery to get what he wants?

• Love 18
(edited)
5 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Matt wants the Big House because he is a whiny child who didn’t get the whole enchilada in the divorce.

From the brief previews we saw, looks like Karen wants that house, too. Or she's jealous of Amy having it. Or something like that. Can't wait to see the friction between Amy and Karen. It can't all be lollipops, puppy dogs, and perfect grandkids week after week.

6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

We also know that cleaning that big house is too much for Amy who prefers cooking and putzing around.

She doesn't have a housekeeping service come in and clean for her? I sure as heck would! She has the money for it and the house looks cleaner than she ever kept it when the family was living there. I know she refused a housekeeper back then but that was just to spite Matt for continually complaining about the mess. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

She doesn't have a housekeeping service come in and clean for her? I sure as heck would! She has the money for it and the house looks cleaner than she ever kept it when the family was living there. I know she refused a housekeeper back then but that was just to spite Matt for continually complaining about the mess. 

She might now have a cleaning service now that she doesn’t have to work around the other family members being in the house. I couldn’t manage that house on my own. IMO between the taxes, running expenses, having a cleaner (if she does),  doesn’t it make sense that financially. She would have more if she’d move out and live in something more suited to her lifestyle. Nope. She wouldn’t be able to rattle Matt that way. I’m not against her. I’m just wondering where their decision making comes from. It reeks to me of petty. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

IMO between the taxes, running expenses, having a cleaner (if she does),  doesn’t it make sense that financially. She would have more if she’d move out and live in something more suited to her lifestyle.

I think she's hoping she will marry Chris and they will get a new place together so why make a move until then. Not sure what Chris is thinking about that, though. 

7 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I think she's hoping she will marry Chris and they will get a new place together so why make a move until then. Not sure what Chris is thinking about that, though. 

I think that you are on the money with that comment. His feet seem to be in the mud but she is in the clouds. 

I bet the house is considered part of the farm, not a separate property. Therefore the farm pays the expenses.   Matt thinks he deserves it all.   However, he either has to buy Amy out or the farm has to be sold and the proceeds split.  

We all already know that Matt bought a house because he posted it on social media.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Rap541 said:

He literally and openly admitted on camera last year that he whines about how he's dying to get his way. At what point is Amy allowed to call him on it? Ever?

Sing it, please!  I'd have called him on it within the first month.  He's a whiny manipulative jerk and is pleased to be one.

Ratings are in and good for TLC:  1.880 M viewers and a .35 rating.

• Love 5

Sing it, please!  I'd have called him on it within the first month.  He's a whiny manipulative jerk and is pleased to be one.

I'm just annoyed that Amy is the one who has to get on her knees and be the better person and when she isn't, she's a bitch who needs to know her time to be the one dying is *coming* and let's all hope and pray Matt treats her as awfully as she has treated him.

He's on record, admitting to her face that he's lied to her about his health in order to get what he wants. Is she supposed to smile and say "Thank you Matt for lying, I'm just a dumb bitch and I deserve your lies and I will always remember to come running the second you say you'll ill because you're the man and I am your sperm dump servant and even when you LIE, I have to treat your every whine with complete sympathy, love, and of course be at your beck and call."

It gets old that Matt has openly admitted he lies to manipulate and get his way - it was last season and I recap the scene here at around page 50 or so - and who is at fault? Amy. Matt lies, admits he does it for attention and to get his way, and Amy is an awful person who really needs to be slapped with pain and suffering so she will understand how awful she is to doubt Matt. 

He lied. He admitted to lying. This whole new scene was Matt cheerfully rubbing it in her face that he's no longer dying because he's got himself a woman who he can love - not Amy. And *Amy* is the one at fault for being annoyed that his little game of "OMG I'M DYING PLEASE PITY ME AND DO WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I HAVENT GOT LONG" has all been a lie that he tosses aside because now he's got himself a new ride to fuck. 

Did everyone else catch that Tori and Auj were invited to the "man party" so that the men wouldn't have to lift a finger? Matt did absolutely nothing to set that party up.

I also find it amusing that Amy worries incessantly how the kids will react to Chris while Matt is all "I"M INVITING CARYN! CARYN AND I ARE DATING NOW!"

Jer and Auj's mild baby drama was dull but I enjoyed Tory's "yeah, that all sounds like she is pregnant". And someone needs to tell Audrey that the teeny tiny shorts she wore in and out of the doctor's office are a wee bit skimpy if she really wants to sell the wholesome earth mother routine.

• Love 11

I'm calling bull on Auj's "I'm the most suffering pregnant woman on the planet" story. If she was truly suffering that much, she wouldn't be quite so made up with the extreme false lashes and tons of makeup. Meanwhile, Jer's looking rough. But I do love the big chin zit.

When your sweater is as long as your shorts, your shorts are too short.

• Love 3

I found Audrey's medical "scare" funny especially since we know she had a normal birth and healthy baby in the current timeline. Jer saying that she has such a high pain tolerance so something must have been wrong only to find out it was a foot in her rib.... I've been pregnant three times and if a foot in the rib is causing emergency doctor visits ain't no way your threshold for pain is that high. I honestly can't remember, did she have a natural childbirth? 

• Love 6

Did anyone understand what is wrong with the baby's mouth?  No " always more"mother  being robbed of newborn moments is whenever your baby is is a premie unit for a month. 

I think Chris is very fond of Amy and it's good to see her happy  I've never like Matt even before this was a series  

i can't figure out why those boys are in the discussion about  the farm.  

• Love 3

i can't figure out why those boys are in the discussion about  the farm.  

Because Matt has never been above using his kids to manipulate his wife. Amy might not mind keeping that house purely to spite Matt, but having her two eldest make sad faces at her? She's all about the kids. She even confirmed it in the recent episode when Matt was trying to snark at her about how he knew she wanted him dead/was hoping he'd die. She shut him down with a smack. 

"No. The kids would be sad."

Did anyone understand what is wrong with the baby's mouth?  No " always more"mother  being robbed of newborn moments is whenever your baby is is a premie unit for a month. 

Ember had a tongue tie - her tongue was more connected to the floor of her mouth by a strip called a frenulum. That made it difficult for her to latch onto a breast. Most kids essentially outgrow it but in worst case scenarios, the doc can, in an in office procedure, clip the frenulum to loosen the tongue.

Auj definitely leans towards the drama

• Love 3
11 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

We all already know that Matt bought a house because he posted it on social media.  

I didn't know that! I'm dying to see this house! I'm also shocked he would live in a house that is off the farm. I wonder if he goes to the farm every day. It seems like he would be giving up control of the farm by not being there which is something out of character for Matt since we know he is all about the control. Maybe he really is tired of owning the farm. Did I say the word "farm" enough? lol

• Love 3
(edited)

Can someone point to the episode that Matt said he lied about his health to get attention?  If he indeed said that, I would think it was disingenuous, since people who are truly physically deformed and disabled, like Matt, don't like pity, so, that might have been a smoke screen to avoid pity.  That sounds like Matt to me.  He has plenty of health reasons to not do much in life, but, didn't let that keep him from doing quite well for himself and his family. He may be a dreamer, but, it turned into cash, land and a nice life for he and his family.    I should be so brave and persistent. And, oh, I do recall an episode when Matt fell to the floor and the episode ended like he was really sick, but, that was so obviously scripted and just part of the show.  It was almost done tongue ind cheek.  I can't imagine taking that seriously. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

First, the episode where Matt "collapsed" was never ever ever presented as tongue in cheek. Matt Roloff very much went on record how it was so serious, he went to see a doctor and did a little episode about it. That incident had some fans thinking he had a heart attack and his family was called heartless even though it's later revealed that it's really not that unusual for the family to find Matt collapsed due to his vertigo (and possible drinking).

The episode where Matt admits he uses the "I'm dying" card to get his way was last season

The episode where he is arguing with Amy last season over how wrong Amy is to not invest in building a new dream house for him on the farm. Amy refuses - the diologue  goes like this.

Matt says "I don't think it's fair that you've got a nice big house that accommodates everybody and I don't have anything..."

Amy is all "Gee whiz, welcome to divorce"

Matt says "I gotta build a house..."

Amy cuts him off with "That's for you to decide with your own funding. I can't see me investing in something I don't get any benefit out of"

Matt say "You're going to live longer than me"

Amy says "don't give me this cruel pity baby thing" - Matt frowns and rolls his eyes and sighs. Amy continues with "Since I married you, you've said you're dying and I'm like god when is time up?"

Matt says, clearly angry "That's downright mean."

Amy says "How do you think it is for a woman, living with someone whose always saying I'm dying I'm dying so let me do what I want right now cause I'm dying."

Matt then chimes this piece of assholery - "It's worked so far"

Now, Matt ain't dead, and doesn't appear to be dying any time soon, but is on camera admitting he says he's dying in order to get his way. Since he's not ill with a terminal disease - other life, we are all dying since the moment we are born - Matt is on camera clearly stating he says he's dying in order to get his way. That is indeed a pity party, one Matt smirked over playing. He damn well knows he can play the pity card and openly delights in wielding the power of pity.

Matt isn't dying any time soon. But Matt has said repeatedly since 2005 on camera that he IS dying, and will die young and therefore needs to do x y and z. He's lying in order to get his way and openly acknowledged it.

• Love 11

As far as Matt not wanting pity. Every time he hasn't gotten his own way he immediately he pulls the "I had an awful childhood and deserve everything I want NOW" card. And he's blown right past dying young.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Rap541 said:

And someone needs to tell Audrey that the teeny tiny shorts she wore in and out of the doctor's office are a wee bit skimpy if she really wants to sell the wholesome earth mother routine.

Thank you.  I was just coming here to post the same thing.  It looks like she rolled out of bed wearing the tank top & sleep-type shorts, threw a long sweater on &  headed out to her appointment. 

• Love 7

"As far as Matt not wanting pity. Every time he hasn't gotten his own way he immediately he pulls the "I had an awful childhood and deserve everything I want NOW" card. And he's blown right past dying young." This. A thousand times this. How many times has the man who wants no pity pointedly told us how much miserable pain he's in? How he was ripped from his mother's breast? How he spent his entire childhood in hospitals, in miserable pain? How doctors tortured him with bone saws? How he was gonna die young? Have we ever gone a season without Matt chiming in at some point about his poor health and how he's gutting through the agony on a daily basis and can't keep up and no one really seems to care and he's *resilient* but oh he's in so much pain but don't pity him? But he's going to be paralyzed or incapacitated, poor poor Matt, and still he's out there, doing things he shouldn't because he's the only one who truly cares about the farm and if that puts him in that wheel chair, well, whose fault is that? More seriously, he divorced Amy. He has the balls to say "I don't love you" so why does she have to be his forever bitch in pity?

• Love 9
(edited)

People who don't want pity or to use their illness, disease, or handicap to manipulate people, don't talk about it constantly and then use it to manipulate people.  The Matts of the world make it harder on people who need accommodations, but don't want to have to whine and complain constantly to get them.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I didn't know that! I'm dying to see this house! I'm also shocked he would live in a house that is off the farm. I wonder if he goes to the farm every day. It seems like he would be giving up control of the farm by not being there which is something out of character for Matt since we know he is all about the control. Maybe he really is tired of owning the farm. Did I say the word "farm" enough? lol

Go to the Little People in the Mefia sub forum. Page 4. June 19, 2017.  

• Love 1