Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Did everyone else catch that Tori and Auj were invited to the "man party" so that the men wouldn't have to lift a finger? Matt did absolutely nothing to set that party up.

I think the party was Tori's idea.  She said she contacted Matt to hold it on the farm.  Which then later I found it odd that Matt was saying it was a guy's only event, no girlfriends or wives were allowed but then Tori and Auj stayed. Which I get... cause it's their husbands first father's day... BUT one mom was left out.  Because I think Auj's mom was there too right? 

13 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I think Chris is very fond of Amy and it's good to see her happy  I've never like Matt even before this was a series  

That guy is modifying is own baby for Amy (his motorcycle).  He likes her a lot!

I totally forgot that Chris didn't have kids.  When Amy talked about spending father's day with him and her kids i'm like woahhhhh what about if he wants to spend it with him own!!? haha

Guess that probably makes things pretty easy for her.  She doesn't have to deal with the dynamics of an entirely other family. 

Do we know if Karen has kids?

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I think the party was Tori's idea.  She said she contacted Matt to hold it on the farm.  Which then later I found it odd that Matt was saying it was a guy's only event, no girlfriends or wives were allowed but then Tori and Auj stayed. Which I get... cause it's their husbands first father's day... BUT one mom was left out.  Because I think Auj's mom was there too right? 

That guy is modifying is own baby for Amy (his motorcycle).  He likes her a lot!

I totally forgot that Chris didn't have kids.  When Amy talked about spending father's day with him and her kids i'm like woahhhhh what about if he wants to spend it with him own!!? haha

Guess that probably makes things pretty easy for her.  She doesn't have to deal with the dynamics of an entirely other family. 

Do we know if Karen has kids?

I'm guessing the money for the remodeling and brand new cycling came from the show!  Chris will always be a bachelor and friend to Amy only for the show!

• Love 2
(edited)

Caryn has children who per the terms of her divorce in 2013, are not allowed to be on Roloff Farms. That is an interesting tidbit.

Jeanne, I'm curious, do you think Amy is being taken advantage of? That Chris couldn't find her attractive? And is Caryn really hot for Matt, or just in it for show money and will dump Matt when the show is over? I've always found it odd that Chris's motivation for dating Amy are always assumed to be about money, but Caryn is apparently a saint who finds severe physical handicaps attractive... and no one questions her motivations.

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 18
33 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Go to the Little People in the Mefia sub forum. Page 4. June 19, 2017.  

Thanks! Not what I expected. Like some others said, maybe he's going to fix it and flip it. I picture Matt choosing something much grander than that, or even building brand new, He's always been in to everything bigger and better which is one of the things that drove Amy crazy about him.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Caryn has children who per the terms of her divorce in 2013, are not allowed to be on Roloff Farms. That is an interesting tidbit.

I can only think of three reasons for that clause. Either the ex thinks the farm isn’t safe for children( given what we have seen Matt do in terms of farm safety, that might be plausible) . Or the ex-husband wants those children nowhere around the Roloffs .  Or the ex wants them not filmed.   However, why not just say that?

i do know that some divorce papers  will specifically say that the children are not allowed around the third party that the person was cheating with. My cousins couldn’t be around my uncles new wife until they were a certain age. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Jeanne, I'm curious, do you think Amy is being taken advantage of? That Chris couldn't find her attractive? And is Caryn really hot for Matt, or just in it for show money and will dump Matt when the show is over? I've always found it odd that Chris's motivation for dating Amy are always assumed to be about money, but Caryn is apparently a saint who finds severe physical handicaps attractive... and no one questions her motivations.

Amy and Chris have been together for over a year now (since Amy has posted pics from this Valentine's Day, and last Valentine's Day was part of last season). I doubt he would go to all that bother for someone he did not care about. Their relationship seems to have grown at a normal pace, and I think that is wonderful. I am happy for them both. 

Caryn's children (I wonder how many there are, and how old they were in 2013?) not being allowed on the farm is interesting. Since Caryn is the long time manager, one would think they were on the farm previously. Makes me wonder if it is because Caryn and Matt got together at that time, or maybe is part of the reason for Caryn's divorce. Matt has always insisted that he and Caryn started dating after his separation/divorce from Amy, but I don't believe everything Matt says. 

When the guests were pouring into Matt's DW, I thought Carrot Top was part of the group and for a second thought that I didn't know he was related to the Roloffs. Turned out it was Jeremy with his hair down, though the colour looked Audrey-red, I guess due to the lighting. 

• Love 5

I don't sense real chemistry between Matt and Caryn.  Am I missing something?  Amy and Chris seem to be a good match, but Caryn gives off a vibe.

Also, isn't it difficult watching the horrible suffering of Auj, the first pregnant woman in the world?

• Love 12
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Caryn's children (I wonder how many there are, and how old they were in 2013?) not being allowed on the farm is interesting. 

I remember an article came out about her children and googled it. She has a son and daughter, and the daughter was worried about the son's drug problem. This is not a very reliable site so I don't know if it's true or what the situation is now. 

https://www.inquisitr.com/4730580/little-people-big-world-son-of-matt-roloffs-girlfriend-allegedly-addicted-to-drugs/

• Love 1

I looked for info on her divorce. The agreement stated her children weren’t allowed to visit the farm, or be filmed unless both parents agreed. I think it said the son was 13 or 14 at the time. I don’t recall if it mentioned the daughter’s age. They are probably beyond the ages of the agreement by now.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I think it said the son was 13 or 14 at the time. I don’t recall if it mentioned the daughter’s age. They are probably beyond the ages of the agreement by now.

They are.  They're both older than 18.

(edited)

Amy seems different when she is with Chris...happy, fun, carefree...but boy does the mood change the minute she 's with Matt...wow. All the anger, bitterness and dysfunction from their marriage pops up at full throttle. This farm is going to create a huge family fight. And not just between Amy and Matt...I get the sense that Matt might want to build a grand house off of the farm and retire. He likes to spend time in Hawaii so I could see him having something there that he could escape to for three or four months out of the year. Amy really has no use for that huge house anymore. Matt isn't getting any younger or healthier...running this farm is time consuming and labor intensive...I just don't see him having the same energy to keep this place up 5-8 years down the road. Handing it over to his lard ass son Jeremy, who has never held a job or worked a day in his life except for taking photos and assisting Matt with his over the top projects. Handing the keys to the kingdom to Jeremy would end in financial ruin for the Roloffs and a physical deterioration of the farm itself. Zach has no interest in managing the farm...he likes being a stay at home Dad and living where he is. 

Speaking of golden boy Jeremy...I was appalled at the condition of their "dream" house..yikes! Why in the world would they purchase a home that needed this much remodeling when Audrey is due to give birth any minute??? First off, it would appear that Jeremy doesn't have clue how to do any of this complicated work. OMG! This kid is a moron...he never apprenticed with a contractor, he never learned the basics of remodeling and has no skills to speak of except using a sledge hammer to knock down a wall. He does have a buttload of arrogance and pretension. And Audrey...what a whiner! that's all she does is whine about her pregnancy like she's the only woman ever to experience third trimester aches and pains. Enough! The two of them are pompous asses with huge entitlement attitudes. They deserve each other. And would it kill Jeremy to clean up his appearance a little bit? He looks like a homeless bum and his hair when it is not in a man bun is just frightening. 

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 10

Yeah Jeremy's personal hygiene is starting to look questionable.

Amy and Matt both need to consider whether the farm is worth their personal happiness. For the record, Amy isn't stopping Matt from building his dream home. She's just refusing to contribute to his dream home as a "farm expense" and told him on one occasion that his new home wasn't her concern. If Matt is staying in the double wide because he wants his way more than he wants his happiness, then I have no sympathy. He's wealthy. God knows he brags about how he's wealthy. If he's so unhappy living across the way from his ex, he's got the cash to solve that problem so his whining needs to stop. Likewise Amy. If you're not happy, Amy, consider a move.

• Love 7
On 4/4/2018 at 8:51 PM, Mindthinkr said:

She might now have a cleaning service now that she doesn’t have to work around the other family members being in the house. I couldn’t manage that house on my own. IMO between the taxes, running expenses, having a cleaner (if she does),  doesn’t it make sense that financially. She would have more if she’d move out and live in something more suited to her lifestyle. Nope. She wouldn’t be able to rattle Matt that way. I’m not against her. I’m just wondering where their decision making comes from. It reeks to me of petty. 

It may not be petty at all.  If I lived on that gorgeous farm, I would never leave it until they wheeled me out with a tag on my toe.

• Love 8

It is a nice house and I had this argument in the Little Couple thread - Amy may not *need* that big house but if she can afford it and she likes it, why do our opinions on her needs matter? And if this is about *need* versus want, why isn't Matt Roloff required to explain why he needs a five bedroom two story home? If Amy has to justify her need for a large place, then why does Matt getr a "well, he's a dreamer so if he wants something he doesn't need, he doesn't have to explain himself". I mean really, if Matt wanted that house,he shouldn't have been so quick to sign the divorce papers.

• Love 23

I've always been curious how the Farm situation will play itself out among the four children, Jeremy, Zach, Molly, and Jacob. You have to look at it in two ways. You have the residential part, the homes, where Amy and Matt reside. You then have the business aspect of it, with the pumpkin patch, tours, etc. First you don't have to physically live on the farm, to help run the business of it. So I"m curious if Matt and Amy's plans are to divide the business up equally amongst the four children, if they pass. I know they have spoken about Jeremy wanting to live on the farm, and that is a whole new question in itself. Would they allow Jeremy to live there, but not gift him the land, and still have the land owned by all four children? There is just a lot of questions, there, and if I were Molly or Jacob, even if I did not want to work on the farm, I would still be quite vocal, about how their parents choose to leave their biggest asset in their will.

• Love 3

The farm won't be nearly as profitable when there is no more show. the fans will move on to newer shows.

If it's still in the family when both Amy and Matt are gone I'd bet it will be sold so fast Jer  and Tawdry won't know what hit them.

• Love 8

I admit to being curious how they will manage it although my suspicion is that its currently like this. The farm is owned jointly and whoever dies first cedes the ownership over to the remaining spouse. Until then, any agreement to sell the farm would need to be mutual. Amy has tenancy in the house, Matt has tenancy in the doublewide.

In that situation, it then really depends on the surviving spouse how the property will be split between the kids. And I can't see Amy screwing over any of the kids and not splitting it all four ways. Matt *might* consider it but I suspect he knows how asshole it would make him look.  So most likely the farm would be sold in order to split things evenly.

However, this ignores one of the kids significantly outperforming the others financially and being able to buy out the others. I think thats unlikely but who knows. It also ignores the idea of the kids deciding to run the business together or deciding to have some sort of weird "we all own it together" arrangement because honestly those tend to fail. 

I think Jeremy *wants* the family home but I suspect he has no idea what it would really entail.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I admit to being curious how they will manage it although my suspicion is that its currently like this. The farm is owned jointly and whoever dies first cedes the ownership over to the remaining spouse. Until then, any agreement to sell the farm would need to be mutual. Amy has tenancy in the house, Matt has tenancy in the doublewide.

In that situation, it then really depends on the surviving spouse how the property will be split between the kids. And I can't see Amy screwing over any of the kids and not splitting it all four ways. Matt *might* consider it but I suspect he knows how asshole it would make him look.  So most likely the farm would be sold in order to split things evenly.

However, this ignores one of the kids significantly outperforming the others financially and being able to buy out the others. I think thats unlikely but who knows. It also ignores the idea of the kids deciding to run the business together or deciding to have some sort of weird "we all own it together" arrangement because honestly those tend to fail. 

I think Jeremy *wants* the family home but I suspect he has no idea what it would really entail.

From what we’ve seen, Jeremy is the only child who’s expressed interest in running the farm. But he’s only ever been Matt’s farm hand essentially. If Matt died today, Jeremy would have no idea how to run things. If Jeremy can’t properly manage renovations on a house, I can’t see him taking on the task of a farm business. I CAN see Molly having the sense to, or even Tori. I just don’t think Jeremy or Zach were gifted in the brains department. 

• Love 6

rom what we’ve seen, Jeremy is the only child who’s expressed interest in running the farm. But he’s only ever been Matt’s farm hand essentially. If Matt died today, Jeremy would have no idea how to run things. If Jeremy can’t properly manage renovations on a house, I can’t see him taking on the task of a farm business. I CAN see Molly having the sense to, or even Tori. I just don’t think Jeremy or Zach were gifted in the brains department. 

Yeah the endless reno with the initial end results being "wow how... not professional that looks" and a mold infestation pretty much put closure on the often touted idea that Jeremy is good with his hands. I do think *Audrey* has some business sense - I can't fault her for the idea of the marital retreats on the farm although I think it would take more investment than anyone is willing to make. She's at least making it marketable by trying to establish herself and GoldenDumbass.

Tory IS smart and I think Tory is smart enough to convince Zach that they should be banking/investing a lot of their money. They appear to be living well within their means. But where I think she's really smart is making sure to not want to take on a business/property that mostly depends on a tv show to do more than break even. The farm (and lets be honest, its a farm in name only, the money made is on tours) is seasonal and not as easy to maintain as people (Jeremy) think. And Zach is unlikely to muster up the drive or interest to maintain it, Tory can see that, so why force him to be miserable?

Molly is also likely smart enough to realize that the business really depends on the show, and really depends on a lot of personal interaction etc and I'm not judging Molly, but she never seemed to like being on display for the show at all, and while  I do think she's capable of managing the business, she would have to get past Matt's obvious distaste over the idea of a woman managing things... and if Jeremy is there whining, I doubt she'd win.

I don't get the impression Jacob has a lot of interest in working on the farm even though he is the brightest of the boys. I think he's like Molly and might not want a life where displaying himself to the public.

I personally would not sign an agreement that included this !!

I assume that Matt and Amy understand that murder is illegal. ;)

But seriously, it has to be an agreement like that in order for both of them to continue living there. Amy considers the house *hers* but makes no restriction on Matt's use of the property that originally came with the house - the western town, the treehouse, castle, pumpkin fields. Likewise Matt considers the double wide *his* but doesn't insist the new parts of the farm, the wedding barn etc, be closed off to Amy. So they haven't split the properties based on the prior boundaries - new farm and original farm. It's apparently still one property that they jointly own and I strongly suspect one half can't sell without the other's permission. Or the company R6 owns the farm and Matt and Amy are equal partners. Whatever the set up is, it clearly frosts Matt that he can't cut Amy out of large decisions any more because her ownership is now more formalized.

• Love 4

We have a very successful family farm similar to the Roloff's down the road from us, and it takes a lot of work.  It involves the parents, two of their three children, plus their spouses.  It draws huge crowds for fall festival stuff, as well as Christmas tree sales, and vegetable and flower sales during the spring and summer.  It's really only closed from January through March.  I don't see any of the Roloffs interested in making their farm any more than what it is, thanks to the show.  It's too bad the Zack isn't interested--if he managed it and moved into the "big house" the show could probably go on and Amy could find herself a nice house more suited for her.  I don't think Zack and Tori would have the commitment, and Jeremy and the wife would not be able to operate the farm while they are so focused on their own belly buttons. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Or the company R6 owns the farm and Matt and Amy are equal partners. Whatever the set up is, it clearly frosts Matt that he can't cut Amy out of large decisions any more because her ownership is now more formalized.

I expect it is something like they are co-owners of a holding company for the farm.  Otherwise most states would have divorce structured such that eventually the property would have to be divided or sold and the funds divided.  I doubt Matt foresaw where he was going to end up regarding the farm when he filed for divorce. 

(edited)

All 4 ofthe kids have worked on that farm... not just Jeremy. Jeremy did extra things like run the equipment that Matt couldn’t, etc. however, we saw Zach driving the tractor for tours, Molly working the cash register, etc. Yet, somehow Jeremy has always assumed ( or told by Matt?) the farm would be his. I don’t think any of the 4 want the extra headaches of running the farm.  There is nothing wrong with knowing that about yourself.  However, Jeremy just wants the house because he feels entitled to it/ the others know better. Zach and Molly know they have to make their own way in life. Not sure Jeremy understands that, and Jacob appears to want a vagabond life.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, Rap541 said:

It is a nice house and I had this argument in the Little Couple thread - Amy may not *need* that big house but if she can afford it and she likes it, why do our opinions on her needs matter? And if this is about *need* versus want, why isn't Matt Roloff required to explain why he needs a five bedroom two story home? If Amy has to justify her need for a large place, then why does Matt getr a "well, he's a dreamer so if he wants something he doesn't need, he doesn't have to explain himself". I mean really, if Matt wanted that house,he shouldn't have been so quick to sign the divorce papers.

If Matt wanted to live in the big house, he shouldn't have been fucking the help.

• Love 19

I genuinely don't think its even really about the house. Matt perceives Amy as "winning" because the kids have their little parties and get togethers at "Amy's House". Matt doesn't realie or care that part of why the kids do that is that Amy likes having guests and likes putting on a big to-do. If Matt was in the big house, is Matt going to make party arrangements? Cook special meals for his kids and their friends? Decorate by himself? Matt really doesn't realize that part of the reason the kids like Mom's house is that Mom is still Mom and not their business partner who will always want it to be his way or the highway or else he'll make the event miserable. The Father's day party where he deigned to not invite Caryn if it meant he could also not invite Amy.... but Tory and AUj better tend to *everything*. Matt is only interested in hosting the kids's events because he perceives it as winning - if he gets an event then he's the best parent and I suspect he genuinely believes the kids ONLY have their events at Amy's because of the size of the house... when I seriously suspect that if Matt was living there, the kids would figure out how to use their own homes for parties etc.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Willowsmom said:

Matt made a huge deal out of not inviting women but his mother was there. did she crash the party?

Is that the same woman we've seen in previous seasons?  

The smartest decision Amy ever made was divorcing that asshole.  He should be so proud of his smarmy son.

• Love 6

Yes, it was definitely Matt's mom. 

The smartest decision Amy ever made was divorcing that asshole. 

I am compelled to correct you, *Matt* left Amy behind, Matt left his wife, Matt walked out of the home, leaving Amy with her youngest child. 

So I won't give her props for a decision she didn't make.... but I strongly suspect she realizes now the escape she's made. She can still go out and live her life and meet new people, and she's not chained to the husband who is going to be increasingly immobile and likely to not handle aging well. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, sixlets said:

Is that the same woman we've seen in previous seasons?  

The smartest decision Amy ever made was divorcing that asshole.  He should be so proud of his smarmy son.

Yes, the same parents for Matt.

Am I the only one who thinks that Zach is not a natural at being a father?  And I'm not trying to knock Zach, I like him but I don't think fatherhood is coming naturally to him.  He seemed to act more like an awkward Uncle than a Dad.  Hopefully, he'll get better at it because I like him and Tori.  Audrey and Jeremy on the other hand, make me roll my eyes so hard I have a headache by the time the episode is over.  Those two are the absolute worst. 

• Love 5

I chalked most of Zach's physical awkwardness up to being a little person which makes some things more challenging for him (obviously). But I know what you are talking about when it came to other things, too, @YouBigDummy.  He just seemed baffled and taken aback by ... well, everything.  Has he ever met a baby before? Did he not realize caring for an infant would be round-the-clock work?

What the hell was with him forgetting the diaper bag? That was so beyond ridiculous I thought it had to be producer shenanigans. Could he really be that clueless? 

Speaker of diapers, I really could have done without the dueling banjo discussion about exactly how bad they smell. Did some producer think it would be cute or funny?  It wasn't. It was gross and I hate it when people talk about things that would be really embarrassing to their kid if the kid could understand it. Jax may be just a baby but he is entitled to a little privacy and dignity. Nobody would talk about how bad their aging parent's diaper smelled on TV (I hope). Why say things like that about your son? 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I chalked most of Zach's physical awkwardness up to being a little person which makes some things more challenging for him (obviously). But I know what you are talking about when it came to other things, too, @YouBigDummy.  He just seemed baffled and taken aback by ... well, everything.  Has he ever met a baby before? Did he not realize caring for an infant would be round-the-clock work?

Regardless of whether a person is "Team Matt" or "Team Amy" . . . I think Amy did all of her kids a disservice.  She was the stay-at-home parent, primarily responsible for teaching them basic life skills like picking up after themselves, learning to prepare meals, etc.  Either she did everything, or - if she chose - did very little.  Remembering back to when the twins' bedroom was shown - during their teen years - with no sheets on the beds.  

So how would either of the boys have any idea of what's involved in basic parenting?  They never saw it demonstrated for them.

• Love 4

He just seemed baffled and taken aback by ... well, everything.  Has he ever met a baby before? Did he not realize caring for an infant would be round-the-clock work?

He was raised in a home where males and females have very delineated roles. The Roloffs aren't Duggers but I can't see Zach or Jeremy ever being expected to  tend their younger siblings diapers. They both would have been far too  young when Molly was born and still a wee bit young when Jacob was small. And Matt and Amy were pretty dedicated to the idea of providing an idyllic childhood of fun and no chores or responsibilities.

What the hell was with him forgetting the diaper bag? That was so beyond ridiculous I thought it had to be producer shenanigans. Could he really be that clueless? 

I assumed producer shenanigans or possibly a confluence of errors. He was being rushed out the door with no producer proddings about supplies because no diapers = wacky hijinks. He probably had just changed the baby and wrongly assumed, based on prior history, that the baby probably wouldn't crap itself immediately. A diaper bag that is normally staged in the vehicle wasn't because it was being restocked. He also likely assumed (wrongly apparently) that Jer and Auj being 8 months pregnant that they would have some baby stuff on hand.

I'll throw Zach a bone on this one. He's a first timer, and production has always been encouraged to portray Zach as a failure. Even though I am certain that Jeremy and Audrey have done something equally clueless, it's not as likely to be portrayed as "look at dumbass Jer" because production has always been on board with "Jeremy is Golden and Zach is the family dumbfuck".

*I'm certain Jeremy and Audrey have done something as clueless because they are new parents and new parents always forget something. It's how you handle it that matters. Zach chose to handle it with humor and didn't snap angrily at Jer and Auj to NOT tell him how to raise his child. This is in contrast to precious Auj who pitched an online fit after people chided her for posting a picture of herself in winter jacket, outside, holding a very lightly dressed Baby Ember with no hat (Auj herself had a nice warm hat). Auj made it very clear that NO ONE was to tell her how to raise her child and snapped that out quite bluntly. 

• Love 6

We’ve all forgotten something. Especially if we normally have an extra of whatever it is in the car or where we are going.   I’m sure I forgot diaper bags when my children were small.    I’ve not watched this season or last because I’m limiting my ‘reality’ show viewing, but I think Zach has grown up to be caring person who loves his family. A family that I think he didn’t expect to get until Tori showed up. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Yes, Tori's the real MVP here. She apparently saw something in Zach that no one else did-even his own family, and brought out his potential in her loving way. 

I agree.  I have never liked women much, since there is usually far too much drama for me.  But with Tori maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't mind having her for a friend.

• Love 4

Naw, Amy actually isn't that unkind. 

Here's the thing. She could offer to sell her half to Matt at market value - not trying to profit but just asking for the property value... and Matt would bitch to the skies that she wasn't giving him a deal.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Naw, Amy actually isn't that unkind. 

Here's the thing. She could offer to sell her half to Matt at market value - not trying to profit but just asking for the property value... and Matt would bitch to the skies that she wasn't giving him a deal.

The worst part of that is that he’d do it on social media and national tv. He’d try to shame her. I put not much past him. 

• Love 4
On 11/25/2017 at 10:36 AM, Rap541 said:

And yet the leg humpers never really want to address the basic facts.

Matt left his wife of 25 years.

He very carefully arranged his exit with extensive planning - he insisted on a house being built on the property so he had somewhere to go.

He refused counseling.

He insisted on the divorce and wanted it done as quickly as possible.

At no point is Matt the guy who begged and pleaded to stay in the relationship. Amy was the one crying about it and if I think she was more crying about the unpleasant reality that she would be deemed a divorced woman than anything else, she still had regrets, which we've never seen Matt have. 

Matt tossed his wife away and merrily replaced her with an average height woman that he clearly had known for years. I won't even address the reality that Matt and Caryn were likely comitting adultery during the marriage, but I will point out that Caryn is obviously who Matt was having an emotional affair with for years.

Amy hasn't been unreasonable or unfair with allow Matt at family gatherings. She doesn't invite her own new fella, and Matt does invite Caryn.

So along with the reality that divorced people generally don't celebrate holidays together (and the ones we've seen on camera indicate Matt's a total prick when invited) there's also the reality that Tory has her own family, Audrey has her own family, and Josh has his own family, and they're going to occasionally want to spend the holidays with THEIR parents.

And Jeremy, Zach, Molly, and Jacob also do love their mom and are going to try to spread their attention fairly. And they are building their own families and will want to have their own traditions, where they have Thanksgiving or Christmas at their own homes.

While I think the kids are mostly spoiled little brats, I do think they love their dad and aren't willfully forcing the fucker to go to Hawaii alone and I dislike Matt painting this as "My kids chose their mom over me so boo hoo hoo I had to go to Hawaii with a friend and it was sooo damn awful to be alone even though I've previously established how I prefer to travel alone on my own agenda and also have established my views of 'I'm going to Hawaii and the family can fuck the hell off until I want their attention'. And even worse, I will spend time with my current lay, rub it in my ex's face and my children's face that Caryn's family accepts me more than they do, and I'll be fucking my new bitch hahahaha but I am the VICTIM here and SO LONELY AND EXCLUDED! YOU ALL NOW OWE ME BECAUSE OF THIS PAIN!!!".

Because it's not true. Matt has openly stated repeatedly that spending time with his family is a waste of his time.  He's openly stated he prefers traveling without the family, he clearly enjoys it. And he clearly enjoys being the family martyr, up on the cross in Hawaii, having fun in the sun and cheerfully grinding it home to the public how his family abandoned him for the holidays.

Seriously, Matt, no wonder they don't want to be around you, you treat them like shit and you encourage the public to take your side against them. What a passive aggressive bitch you are. 

Yup all these years me & my wife must have been watching a different show. Because we are Matt leg humpers !!!

I can’t stand that bitch Amy.

but looks like the show turned into the Matt Bashing Starring  Amy & The boyfriend.

wouldnt surprise me if he’s useing Amy.

• Love 2

Aww. I hope Chris isn't using Amy. I'm watching the first episode of the new season, and just wanted to say how much I liked Chris. Him modifying his bike so she could ride with him was so sweet. I quit watching the show and reading about them years ago, so jumping in after this long was weird. I have no dog in the Matt vs. Amy fight, because, I have seen both of them be assholes, and I honestly don't really care. The last thing I remember about from them, was Amy arguing with some guy on her property, and climbing into his car...? I think..!! So, it's obviously been years. I guess I have a lot of catching up to do. From THIS episode, I really enjoyed Zach and his wife, and felt genuine warmth and happiness for them. From what I have been reading, disliking Jeremy and his wife seem to be the general consensus, and I agree. Pretentious, smug little pricks, the both of them. But really, I just wanted to put out there that Chris seems great, and it's nice to see Amy being genuinely happy. It was such a stark change from last time, and like I said, it had been years. 

• Love 7
On 3/12/2018 at 4:47 PM, stephlane80 said:

The new season starts April 3rd! Looks like precious Matt is up to his usual crap. Gotta get Amy off the farm, don't you know?

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/catch-up-with-the-roloffs-on-little-people-big-world/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=sf184317719&utm_campaign=littlepeoplebigworld&sf184317719=1

God I Hope he is successful at getting rid of her and the boyfriend off the farm and the show. Since he created all

On 3/31/2018 at 1:51 PM, Rap541 said:

Amy can definitely be a pain in the ass but Jeremy is his own sort of special asshole.

Personally I wish they would drop the false drama of selling the farm. They aren't going to sell the farm. The farm is why they have the show. Jeremy and Auj can dream but Amy isn't likely to go away and they really need to consider being a little more grateful to Amy because honestly, she's carrying the show at this point. She and Zach and Tory, and I really never thought it would go this way but bear with me.

When was the last time we saw Matt really participate in the show beyond bitchy little conferences? There's been few to no "projects" and the rare ones we see are clearly done by professionals (the new pirate ship). He's physically no longer able to participate in a lot of activities. He pretty clearly isn't into filming his dates, or his relationship. There's really nothing to see but Matt sitting at a desk plotting.

Amy in contrast has no problem talking about her dating, and having her dates with Chris filmed, and her and Chris doing new, if not exactly exciting things.

Zach and Tory seem to be on board with filming enough to at least expose a little bit of their lives. They also have a dwarf child which means, boring as shit as they might be, the show is about people with dwarfism and Zach learning to be a dwarf dad to his cute dwarf son? Complete with maybe things like Zach and Tory take Jackson to his first LP conference etc etc etc? Yeah, on a show called Little People Big World, the dwarf baby will be the star.

Jeremy needs to start considering how... not necessary to the storyline he is at this point. He and his average height wife and average height daughter? With their suburban house and vague hipster conservative views? Would never ever on their own be picked for a reality show. No one really cares about a white couple with money and their new baby beyond basic common courtesy. Every mom and dad think their kid is the bee's knees, every set of new parents think they are climbing the mountain of parenthood in amazing fashion. But their many many travails about breast feeding etc are... extremely common place.

Jer and Auj, like Matt, also pretty clearly control the narrative of how much they are filmed and what situations they are filmed in and they pretty clearly view being filmed and participating in the show as boring and dull and a waste of their time. Jeremy in particular rarely rises above a bored monotone when he's speaking directly to the camera. On  the one hand, I don't blame them for wearing their branded crap (although I am willing to bet Jeremy won't be filmed outside a haybale confessional wearing his pretty, flowery "Love is a Verb" sweatshirt) but on the other hand, its very very obvious that they think the whole thing is beneath them and they are way too cool for the silliness. 

Amy at least still seems to care about and like being on the show. Zach at least seems to have internalized that he's doing really well with very little work simply because of the show and seems to enjoy it more now that his every humiliation isn't filmed. Jeremy is still acting like a bored little boy who knows he's "the Golden Boy" and who doesn't realize how petulant and lazy he comes across. I mean, he's a grown man with no obvious physical or mental defects and I seriously question if he'd be capable of holding down a real job.

I guess that wasn’t Matt ,in the backhoe picking up the logs tossing them near the pirate ship.

I watched pleanty of scenes with Matt!!! FF the scenes of Amy bitching about being upset about if Karen,is around. But Mike can be at the house and with the kids. Matt says nothing!!!

Leg Humper ??

• Love 1
On 4/4/2018 at 2:15 PM, BusyOctober said:

Matt wants the Big House because he is a whiny child who didn’t get the whole enchilada in the divorce.  It galls him that Amy got the house.  Doesn’t matter that he can barely maneuver around a single floor dwelling.  He wants it because he perceives it as “his” vs. marital, communal property.  It was his idea to build the Farm, the huge house, the pumpkin patch, yaddah yaddah.  Amy was just along for the ride apparently, and has no intellectual, financial or emotional investment in any of Matt’s holdings. And Matt’s shitty attitude has been passed on to his son, Jerk.  They have been pretty vocal about why either one of them is more deserving of the bigger house than the woman who cooked, cleaned, educated, chauffeured and nursed the family for 20+ years.  That said, I don’t think Amy really needs all that space now that the kids are grown and married.  Both she and Matt would be better of in ranch style houses. Two or 3 BRs, big areas for gathering the family and a good sized kitchen for Amy would be manageable. But Matt needs to have everything “big” to compensate for all the pain and suffering and things denied or not achieved  as a child and teenager. Why doesn’t  he just doesn’t build his own damn Barbie Dream House somewhere on the far side of the property, or at least out of Amy’s sight line?  If he hates the double-wide so much, stop bitching and moping like a martyr and do something about it.

Did anyone else hear Amy’s snarky response to Matt when he said he wasn’t “dying” anymore?  She said something like, “so you’re NOT dying?  Karen gets to have this after I had 27 years of you “dying”? 

The previews for the season look like Jerk, Matt and maybe Karen are ganging up on Amy and the house/farm BS.  I think Jerk even said something like “we need to know where you stand”.  Insufferable like his dear old dad.

He wants the house for Jer & Aud and family to continue on with his legacy. Matt, built all that for his kids not her. The Farm , the show all of it he created for his kids.

she bitched about it the whole way to the bank.

• Love 2
On 4/4/2018 at 9:18 PM, mythoughtis said:

I bet the house is considered part of the farm, not a separate property. Therefore the farm pays the expenses.   Matt thinks he deserves it all.   However, he either has to buy Amy out or the farm has to be sold and the proceeds split.  

We all already know that Matt bought a house because he posted it on social media.  

The house is part of the farm. She pays for her house expenses including a cleaning services.

but she does charge to feed the film crew.

On 4/5/2018 at 1:27 PM, Rap541 said:

On 4/5/2018 at 1:42 PM, mythoughtis said:

I can only think of three reasons for that clause. Either the ex thinks the farm isn’t safe for children( given what we have seen Matt do in terms of farm safety, that might be plausible) . Or the ex-husband wants those children nowhere around the Roloffs .  Or the ex wants them not filmed.   However, why not just say that?

i do know that some divorce papers  will specifically say that the children are not allowed around the third party that the person was cheating with. My cousins couldn’t be around my uncles new wife until they were a certain age. 

My divorce had something stupid about family members. I never complied.

Judges courts and Lawyers will do what ever they think can get away with doesn’t mean it’s legal or constitutional.

look up drivers license and car ? registration in your state. Love California rules ?