Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It seems like Chris has really done a turnaround since last season.  I mean, he acts so different towards Amy.  I actually liked him last season pretty well, but, he seemed to be at odds with Amy back then, at times.   Perhaps, they have grown closer, gotten more used to each other or just got their script, I mean, contracts from TLC and that's what they said they should do.  I did think it was a little funny that Chris described her as comfortable or easy...something like that.  Even Molly would find that odd. lol  I think Amy has demonstrated that she's pretty intense. No doubt, charming and kind, but, still rather intense. 

She still seems pretty insecure about Chris though. Did you catch where she expressed her concern about being blindsided.  She's just not quite sure of where she stands, apparently.  Okay, if Amy and Chris get married, will they have a TLC wedding on the farm????  I can barely wait.  The only better thing would be if Matt gets married on the FARM!  lol  Actually, I can see Matt remarrying before Amy.  

They did seem more comfortable with each other.  Dating a dwarf would come with some looks and comments one would not experience in a regular relationship so there was that to master and be comfortable.

The divorce was fresh as were the wounds.  Chris never had a wife or children so that whole family dynamic is new to him!

Then living in each other's shadow has to make Chris uncomfortable with his comings and goings.

I don't think any of them will marry.  Why should they?  Now days people seem to marry to have children.  That ship has passed for all of them.  Prenups are expensive and you always forget something.

• Love 2

Well, Amy looks like she and Chris are having a blast on their cruise. She's dancing and entering cannonball competitions and looking like she's having the time of her life. And she came in third in the cannonball contest. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Willowsmom said:

Perhaps Chris has seen some of the old shows not knowing how gleefully Matt worked to set her off.

Well, a couple of seasons ago Tori said they had to tip toe around Amy too, because she could really go off, so.....I tend to think it's not just Matt.  Plus, if I were Amy and my ex pushed my buttons and made me blow a gasket, I'd be relieved to be free of him and not seem so bitter about it. 

• Love 3

If Chris was afraid of Amy, he would leave.

If Matt was afraid of Amy, he would not constantly confront her and openly lie to her - you know, how he tried to screw her into paying for his new place by telling her it was a farm expense and then getting pissy to her face when she called him on it? A man terrified of setting off the violent ex-wife with rage issues would not constantly lie to her about money (remember how he bought the new throne and he and Jeremy cheerfully mugged on camera on Amy was going to be lied to about the cost)

If Jeremy was terrified of his mother's violent rages, he would not visit, nor would he and the wife favor Amy hosting their little parties over their beloved Matt. If Amy was such a violent rager that they were genuinely afraid of her and her behavior, they wouldn't use her home or visit.

If Amy is a violent tempered beast who is so physically and emotionally violent that she is driving people away from her because of her constant and violent and always off camera rages, I really doubt there would be a show. I also doubt Matt, in his campaign to paint Amy as the villain would insist on hiding something like that, because Matt likes to be the victim, the poor guy just trying to please while his angry wife *violently and angrily* terrifies him. But funny, Matt isn't on camera confessing how he pees in terror and trembles at the mere idea of upsetting Amy. In fact Matt seems to find it pretty amusing - do you remember when Matt point blank told Jeremy he'd be happy to create an incident so he could have his way in hosting the gender party? Does that really sound like a man who was terrified shitless of angering the ex?

• Love 12
19 hours ago, Mom2twoNonna2one said:

You think Matt was more involved in Dwarf games? I recall that when they went to Europe he couldn't be bothered to actually attend the games. He and Jer went to another country instead and left Amy, Molly, Jacob & Zach at the games. 

Amy was always the one who coached the kids games and went to all of their games. Matt couldn't be bothered to show up for the twins graduation on time.

I meant more that he seemed to push the "get involved in the LPA and marry a Little Person" when Zach was younger. I also wonder if he and Amy are similar to my parents where the giant TV/high resolution technology are more of the guy domain. I don't think I've noticed a significantly large display in Amy's home anywhere and I know I have seen Matt's big TV before.

Why are people thinking Aug and Tori are good friends with Caryn? Did they ever say they were "good friends" with her? I see them as tolerating and getting along with her for the sake of the family gatherings and keeping the peace. Liking her as a person doesn't mean they are good friends. 

Yeah this is based off of statements that Matt makes, namely that "Tory invited Caryn to the gender reveal" so that he somehow had to bring his supposedly new fuck to his ex-wife's house because if *Tori* asks, well, Matt can't possibly override Tory's super-duper friendship with Caryn now can he?

I will grant you that Caryn has not been on the show very much but no, she and Tory are not giggling besties. And Audrey I genuinely don't ever recall being spoken off in relation to Caryn and I really don't think they've ever been in a scene where they spoke to each other. 

I admit, I would really like to hear Audrey "I'm on Team Matt and Amy" share her opinion of Matt's girlfriend, especially since she was so horrified at the idea of her mother in law being "sexual" with Chris. Auj hon? How do you feel about your father in law kissing his little sidepiece in front of your daughter and will you be upset at the idea that Matt Roloff is not holding himself chaste while pining for his ex to return?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Yeah this is based off of statements that Matt makes, namely that "Tory invited Caryn to the gender reveal" so that he somehow had to bring his supposedly new fuck to his ex-wife's house because if *Tori* asks, well, Matt can't possibly override Tory's super-duper friendship with Caryn now can he?

I will grant you that Caryn has not been on the show very much but no, she and Tory are not giggling besties. And Audrey I genuinely don't ever recall being spoken off in relation to Caryn and I really don't think they've ever been in a scene where they spoke to each other. 

I admit, I would really like to hear Audrey "I'm on Team Matt and Amy" share her opinion of Matt's girlfriend, especially since she was so horrified at the idea of her mother in law being "sexual" with Chris. Auj hon? How do you feel about your father in law kissing his little sidepiece in front of your daughter and will you be upset at the idea that Matt Roloff is not holding himself chaste while pining for his ex to return?

Auj said in a talking head on this Tuesday's show that she was very good friends with Caryn.

• Love 4
On 4/11/2018 at 6:31 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

She still seems pretty insecure about Chris though. Did you catch where she expressed her concern about being blindsided.  She's just not quite sure of where she stands, apparently.  Okay, if Amy and Chris get married, will they have a TLC wedding on the farm????  I can barely wait.  The only better thing would be if Matt gets married on the FARM!  lol  Actually, I can see Matt remarrying before Amy.  

How about a Double wedding?

• Love 2

Matt would never have a double wedding for two reasons. First, because two weddings means two seasons of the show!

Second, Matt would insist Amy's wedding was first so he could bitch and moan about it the whole time, and then openly brag how he will have a bigger cake and a better reception and Amy's wedding was cheap and shitty while he dreamed a dream and had a dream wedding!

Since both weddings will be on the farm, in reality they won't be significantly different. :)

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, bichonblitz said:

Why are people thinking Aug and Tori are good friends with Caryn? Did they ever say they were "good friends" with her? I see them as tolerating and getting along with her for the sake of the family gatherings and keeping the peace. Liking her as a person doesn't mean they are good friends. 

I also don't think Chris is going to marry Amy. He's 55 and never been married. He's probably the kind of guy that will be happy going along with the relationship exactly as it is right now. Nothing wrong with that as long as both he and Amy are on the same page. Sadly, I think Amy will eventually want more. 

Caryn has been around the family for years. They already had a relationship. And Matt seems happy as does Amy. And you just do it. She is a part of the family now. You would not BELIEVE the nonsense that I have had to put up with from my Dad's romantic shenanigans after he divorced my Mom. I'd take Caryn in a hot minute. 

It will be interesting to see how invested in the show that Chris ends up being. Some of the Bravo Real Housewives husbands have drank to Kool-Aid and made asses of themselves. Asses. Having sex on camera, starting fights with the other women, over the top engagements, getting married, etc. I hope that they don't get married. Why on Earth would you need to get married in your 50's? Marriage is for property and children and being that age and having had successful careers it is just unnecessary. HOWEVER - if they do an episode of Four Weddings with Kate Gosselin, Amy, Anfisa and Whitney Thore I am in for 123 viewings!

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Willowsmom said:

I also hope Amy and Chris don't marry and just live together. But with Amy's religious beliefs I doubt that could happen.

I forgot to mention that the other reason would be religious beliefs. Is Amy that religious? She'd having sex with Chris outside of marriage right? 

• Love 2
On 4/12/2018 at 6:15 PM, HoboClayton said:

Well, Amy looks like she and Chris are having a blast on their cruise. She's dancing and entering cannonball competitions and looking like she's having the time of her life. And she came in third in the cannonball contest. 

Where is she posting about the cruise?

• Love 1

Omg, Amy was twerking!  Well, good for her. She was clearly having a great time.

I wanna see Matt watch that video.  I can only imagine his response, lol I doubt Amy ever had that much fun in his presence even one single time. He might not even recognize her!

• Love 7

Gee, on Princess cruises, they always seem to wait until your table is covered with half-empty glasses and dirty plates before the photographer comes around.  This must have been a shot taken by the friends they traveled with.  It's a nice picture.

Having said that, I would NEVER enter a cannonball dive contest.  Winning means you made the biggest splash.  Skinny people don't win that one.  LOL.

• Love 8

Anybody happen to notice how much Chris and one of the male singers, Phillip Sweete, from Little Bit Town look alike?  They look like twins.

I'd bring pictures over but I'm on a tablet right now!  He is very handsome in the cruise phicture.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Anybody happen to notice how much Chris and one of the male singers, Phillip Sweete, from Little Bit Town look alike?  They look like twins.

I'd bring pictures over but I'm on a tablet right now!  He is very handsome in the cruise phicture.

Here ya go:

Capture.JPG

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Huh.  I don't think they look alike at all.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Here ya go:

Capture.JPG

Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Photo of Chris and Amy on the cruise.  OMG.  They look wonderful!  Looks like love to me.  What a lovely couple. I'm happy for her. 

I had my doubts about Chris and Amy.  I thought him being a single guy forever was just on the show for the $$ and the perks.  I actually thought they brought him in for the season.

But I looked over at Amy's Instagramt where she has a lot of pictures posted and he does seem very loving to her. 

In a lot of the pictures he's leaning in or has his arm or hand on hers.  Nice and comfortable with each other.

Who knows.  Maybe this is real for both of them.  Wishing them the very best.

• Love 8

Yeah, I agree about Chris and Sweet.  I think I've mentioned it before, because I'm a big fan of Little Big Town. The resemblance is striking. It depends on the photo.  I'll see if I can find the one I posted a while ago.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I agree about Chris and Sweet.  I think I've mentioned it before, because I'm a big fan of Little Big Town. The resemblance is striking. 

Thank you.  I noticed it last evening at the Country Awards Show.  Chris is about ten years older so that makes some difference.

I also notice Chris is looking really good these days.  lol

I love Little Big Town.  I always look forward to seeing them perform.

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Thank you.  I noticed it last evening at the Country Awards Show.  Chris is about ten years older so that makes some difference.

I also notice Chris is looking really good these days.  lol

I love Little Big Town.  I always look forward to seeing them perform.

Me too.  Hasn't Amy mentioned liking country music before? Hmm.....maybe, she sees the resemblance too.  lol

• Love 1
On 4/11/2018 at 5:31 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

It seems like Chris has really done a turnaround since last season.  I mean, he acts so different towards Amy.  I actually liked him last season pretty well, but, he seemed to be at odds with Amy back then, at times.   Perhaps, they have grown closer, gotten more used to each other or just got their script, I mean, contracts from TLC and that's what they said they should do.  I did think it was a little funny that Chris described her as comfortable or easy...something like that.  Even Molly would find that odd. lol  I think Amy has demonstrated that she's pretty intense. No doubt, charming and kind, but, still rather intense. 

He's also probably a lot more comfortable around the cameras.  He's got a season of that under his belt. 

On 4/12/2018 at 2:02 PM, bichonblitz said:

Audrey literally said "Caryn is my really good friend" on the last episode.  If the girls were on the farm a lot - like we knew Tori was because she worked there - then obviously they're going to have some form of relationship with the employees. 

• Love 1
On 4/16/2018 at 9:30 AM, Honey said:

Huh.  I don't think they look alike at all.

I'm not seeing it, either. 

15 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Audrey literally said "Caryn is my really good friend" on the last episode.  

Thanks, I didn't see that part. Kind of explains why I always thought the relationship between Amy and Auj was a little bit frosty. 

• Love 1

Well, there's no doubt about  it now. I have no desire to jump out of a plane.  Chris and Amy sure did seem to enjoy it though.  More power to them.  She's fortunate to have such good health and be able to be so physically active.  Amy and Chris sure do seem lovie. 

It looked like it was pretty chilly on the beach where Matt and Caryn went. I'm trying to gauge the time.  So, was it really nearing pumpkin season?  Wouldn't that be summer time?  Is it that cold in Oregon at that time of year? Hmm.....production shenanigans perhaps?  I can relate to Matt though on when business matters are looming.  You have to focus on immediate needs and taking a day off isn't always in the cards.  I hope he trains someone to step into his shoes.  Apparently, no family members want to run the farm, so,......

I wish the new baby would go ahead and arrive.  

Little Jackson is a cutie.   Is the term "blow out" common? I've never heard of it. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It looked like it was pretty chilly on the beach where Matt and Caryn went. I'm trying to gauge the time.  So, was it really nearing pumpkin season?  Wouldn't that be summer time?  Is it that cold in Oregon at that time of year? Hmm.....production shenanigans perhaps? 

The Pumpkin Patch at Roloff Farms is held during pretty much the entire month of October . . . which is also when grocery stores have those big pumpkin displays.  So pumpkin season is not summertime.

• Love 1

Yeah, I meant nearing pumpkin season.  The way it was shown was that they were gearing up for pumpkin season like it was around the corner. I would expect that in the fall of the year.  So, that would put them in August-September.  Just looked pretty chilly to me to be in those months. 

9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I meant nearing pumpkin season.  The way it was shown was that they were gearing up for pumpkin season like it was around the corner. I would expect that in the fall of the year.  So, that would put them in August-September.  Just looked pretty chilly to me to be in those months. 

Average air temperature on the Oregon coast in September is less than 70.  Add in the wind off of the sea . . . not for me, thanks.

Edited by AZChristian
Clarity.
  • Love 1

Have to side with Matt for a bit:

Why would Caryn nag him to go to the beach during his busy season?  Respect his business enough to ask him to go to the beach the other 10 months of the year.  "I want what I want."         I hate that.

and then---he has to walk the beach on his crutches, duh! that can't be fun!

and then--the dog?? Caryn "Oh, I guess I didn't think this through..."  Um, yeah.  You didn't, for several reasons.

• Love 7

Why would Caryn nag him to go to the beach during his busy season?  Respect his business enough to ask him to go to the beach the other 10 months of the year.  "I want what I want."         I hate that.

and then---he has to walk the beach on his crutches, duh! that can't be fun!

This is exactly the same behavior he showed with Amy. When Amy wanted to do something, he used the farm and his work as a way to avoid doing something he didn't like and when he finally concedes, it turns into a pity party for Matt. Mean Caryn making him do something his poor widdle twisted limbs can't do.... 

Funny how he never bitches a minute about having to walk the beach when he's in Hawaii

• Love 7

Back when Caryn first started appearing, as an employee, my husband said "I wonder if they're fooling around with each other" (Matt and Caryn).  When she showed up as his girlfriend, he said "Oh, imagine that".

I'd have given up long ago on the show if not for Amy and Jacob/Tori.  I don't have much use for the rest of them anymore.  Especially Jerkamy and Oddj.  At least I don't have to hear the name "Mueller" 30 times per show anymore.

And I if I have to hear Matt whine one more time about "It's not FAIR that Amy has the big house!".  Like Matt needs a bigger house....with stairs.  If I were Amy, I would ask to be bought out of everything having to do with the farm, start my own business, and move far enough away to still be able to see grandkids, but be out from Matt's zone of whining.  And I see Caryn eventually getting as fed up as Amy did - possibly sooner, since they don't share kids, or a bank account.

• Love 6

Matt and Caryn's day-trip to the coast in (presumably) August was exactly as any Oregonian would expect--about 20 degrees cooler than where the vast population lives in the Willamette Valley.  Our beaches get perhaps 1-2 days per year warm enough for any sane person to want to lay out in a bathing suit.  On the other hand, it's a relatively easy--and gorgeous--drive to a number of charming beach towns, like Manzanita, where Matt and Caryn went.  Their day was exactly as I'd expect--go walk and sit on the sand while wearing a windbreaker, then stop by a small cafe for a lunch of maybe a pink shrimp cocktail and Dungeness crab sandwich.  Hmmm.  Maybe I'll drive over tomorrow...

• Love 11
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

And I if I have to hear Matt whine one more time about "It's not FAIR that Amy has the big house!".  

Presumably that was part of the divorce deal, so he should really just STFU about it at this point. Matt's such a whiny victim of everything.

• Love 7

If Matt decided to not show up again, that would be fine with me.  Amy should ask him to buy her out because living so close to Matt has to be completely annoying.  From what Amy said, it appears that Matt and Caryn were an Item while he was still married to her...that would be galling.  I give her big credit for being mature and letting her reservations be known.  Auj and Jer want to move into the house and push her to the side....thanks to them I am rooting for Amy to move in Chris to annoy them all.  

Edited by Eme
  • Love 11

I may be wrong, but now Matt is whining about Amy getting the big house, I think either A. He was over the marriage and just wanted out or B. Was already in a relationship with Caryn and to speed things up, let her have the house out of guilt.  I think Caryn wants a slice of that nice house, I guess I saw a side of her last night watching that she clearly is running that relationship and Matt is letting her.  

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I may be wrong, but now Matt is whining about Amy getting the big house, I think either A. He was over the marriage and just wanted out or B. Was already in a relationship with Caryn and to speed things up, let her have the house out of guilt.  I think Caryn wants a slice of that nice house, I guess I saw a side of her last night watching that she clearly is running that relationship and Matt is letting her.  

I don't think Matt feels guilty about ANYTHING!  He just wanted the divorce over as quickly as possible.

8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Little Jackson is a cutie.   Is the term "blow out" common? I've never heard of it. 

Very common.

If I were Amy, I could never bring myself to leave that beautiful farm.  The fact that it annoys Matt would make me twice as likely to stay.

• Love 8