Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Walking in Memphis

• Start Topic

Kameron presents a bright pink business idea to her very skeptical husband, while Cary and Stephanie embark on Brandi’s family trip to Memphis. LeeAnne is left behind and crushed to find she’s not as close to Brandi as she thought. Unexpected news from D’Andra’s stepson Keatin leaves her angry and confused. And Brandi begins to feel she’s taking a daring emotional chance, hoping Grandma will open the door after being estranged for so long.

I can't stand Brandi, Stephanie and their baby voices.

I don't feel sorry for Stephanie and her situation with Travis, she married money and that's what she got.

Is Cary a human being, an alien or a bag of bones?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 13

D'Andra should have let her husband take the lead in dealing with his son. She took over and started shrieking. I'm not surprised that the kid left that night. Jesus.

Not even sure what's going on with this show and Brandi right now. I've only been vaguely paying attention because this is incredibly boring.

• Love 16

Well this episode was about as exciting as a trip to the bank.  Really struggling for content here eh Dallas? 

So what the hell even happened with D'andras stepson moving out? I must have been zoning because all of a sudden I look up and she's screaming at him and he moves out that night? Where did he move to? Did he explain why he wanted to go? Seemed rather strange and abrupt. And then D's reaction... Jesus lady calm down! I understand she was yelling like that because she felt like she failed at bonding with him as his stepmom but it was so out of place and inappropriate. That kid is an adult who really doesn't even know you so maybe dial it back down from a 10 to a 2.

i am honestly impressed Leanne didn't have a fucking nuclear meltdown when Kam told her that she wasn't allowed in Brandys house. She surprisingly brushed it off and moved on which shocked me.

ok that's all I got.

• Love 9

Stephanie at the catfish pond was hilarious!  

I know Brandi has a contractual obligation to 'bring the drama' for the viewers but I can see why her grandmother didn't want to answer the door for a bunch of cameras.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was a text in which the grandmother expressed that sentiment.  

It seemed like D'Andra was projecting some of her frustrations with Mother onto the kid.  "You won't commit to anything!" or something like that.  She sounded genuinely remorseful that she might have scared the kid out of the house.  

7 minutes ago, kelseykixx said:

So what the hell even happened with D'andras stepson moving out? I must have been zoning because all of a sudden I look up and she's screaming at him and he moves out that night? Where did he move to? Did he explain why he wanted to go? Seemed rather strange and abrupt. And then D's reaction... Jesus lady calm down! I understand she was yelling like that because she felt like she failed at bonding with him as his stepmom but it was so out of place and inappropriate. That kid is an adult who really doesn't even know you so maybe dial it back down from a 10 to a 2.

I think they said he was going back to South Carolina, which I'm guessing is where his mother lives.  He didn't give a specific reason for leaving, at least not on camera that I can recall.  My gut tells me that D'andra is a little to intense for him, which is why she felt so guilty.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, goofygirl said:

I got the same vibe from Brandi at grandma's house as I did when Kenya (ATL) went to her mom's house. Think they even SAID the same thing. Dumb. Just waayy dumb.

Much like with Kenya, I'm slightly ok with Brandi filming because both have established that they've made off camera efforts to contact their estranged family. However, I will only tolerate this once.

D'Andra this is not your kid. Dial it back.

When your child questions why you want pink dog poop, that should be an indication that your stupid idea is too stupid even for kids. Kameron is too dumb for words. I kept joking about it being called Kameron's Sparkly Pink Dog Food and wouldn't you know it, it was called Sparkle Dog. The woman is an imbecile.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, kelseykixx said:

Well this episode was about as exciting as a trip to the bank.  Really struggling for content here eh Dallas? 

i am honestly impressed Leanne didn't have a fucking nuclear meltdown when Kam told her that she wasn't allowed in Brandys house. She surprisingly brushed it off and moved on which shocked me.

ok that's all I got.

2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I know Brandi has a contractual obligation to 'bring the drama' for the viewers but I can see why her grandmother didn't want to answer the door for a bunch of cameras.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was a text in which the grandmother expressed that sentiment.  

It seemed like D'Andra was projecting some of her frustrations with Mother onto the kid.  "You won't commit to anything!" or something like that.  She sounded genuinely remorseful that she might have scared the kid out of the house.  

I think they said he was going back to South Carolina, which I'm guessing is where his mother lives.  He didn't give a specific reason for leaving, at least not on camera that I can recall.  My gut tells me that D'andra is a little to intense for him, which is why she felt so guilty.  

I think Keatin announced his departure abruptly (on the last episode, he was assuring his dad that he had just finished applications for schools in the area) with little to no explanation regarding his future overall plans and D'Andra found the situation as confounding as the viewers, which escalated her frustration.

She explains in her blog that she and Jeremy had previously agreed to house him, enroll him in university, and buy him a car because he said he wanted to return to his education. He then bailed two days before he was scheduled to move in with them.

So this is the second occasion on which he's flaked from redirecting his life. 

The pyrotechnics in the kitchen were ill advised but I can see why any parental figure would be worried about the apparent aimlessness and ambivalence on Keatin's part and express it as anger.

Assuming that some of D'Andra's money was going to finance his tuition, the kid had a golden opportunity and just blew it off. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 12

I'm kind of confused about D'Andra and her stepson, but it seems like she really blew it by blowing up like that.  She seems really remorseful.  Hopefully it all works itself out. 

Brandi's kids are brats.  Maybe she should take care of that before adding another to the menagerie.  

Pretty pink princess annoys me because it is hard to play games on my phone, eat a popsicle, and fast forward trough her scenes with only 2 hands. 

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 14

I really need to know what happened between Brandi's grandparents to where Brandi can't even talk to Grandpa without Grandma shutting her out. Craziness. 

But Brandi trying to ambush her grandma on camera like that was not cool. Shades of Kenya Moore. I wouldn't have answered either. 

I did like seeing the girls together in Memphis. They seem to have a genuine friendship. Which is why even this latecomer is more entertaining than OC right now. 

I loved that Kameron's husband issued a hard pass on that pink dog food. She's an idiot. 

I get where D'andra is coming from, but I thought she was too hard on Keaton. Maybe it's because I've watched my sister ruin the relationship she could have had with her step-son (and make things pretty bad between her husband and his son) by being too overbearing. But I kind of think - you've been around a hot minute, let his dad handle it. 

8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

That girl is crazy. I've never seen someone freak out so much over a worm. And she acted like it was so evil to kill an animal, but eating them is okay? She definitely makes for good entertainment. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

D'andra asking her stepson why he wasn't comfortable in the house with most likely an entire reality show film crew in the kitchen at the moment was hilarious to me. The same thing with Brandi trying to have this reconciliation with her grandmother on camera. If it really means something to you, you'd try to do this without a film crew obviously.

Also, someone needs to tell Kameron that you're not playing the "dumb blonde card" if you are in fact dumb and blonde. Like dear show, if you really want to sell us this idea that Kameron is actually smart underneath all of it, you have to show her being smart at some point.

Totally agree about Kameron, I'm tired of her explaining how she is a smart blonde that plays dumb.... it's like a person constantly telling you they are classy. If you have to explain it to me then it's probably not true. Lisa V already has the pink princess shtick down, you know why, because you can tell how smart and witty she is under all the pink , oh and she is an animal activist before trying to profit off dogs. 

D'andra was out of line with her stepson, she took out all her frustrations about her mom on him, and in front of the cameras. He really will have a reason to resent her after this airing. She came off really bad, and I liked her up to this point. I did laugh when she said Brandi looks like she is asleep and talks so monotone in a whisper.  

• Love 11

Did anyone else wonder how Keatin (a teen of no means) drove off from Casa D'Andra's house in a brand new car?  Someone is paying for that...Dad?

I believe that drama of him leaving is manufactured.  

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

But Brandi trying to ambush her grandma on camera like that was not cool. Shades of Kenya Moore. I wouldn't have answered either. 

My thought exactly, I don't blame her grandmother at all.

• Love 6

I want to know what kind of whacked out vacation bible school Stephanie went to that ended up with her thinking Jesus was against fishing.  Seriously, half of the gospels' contents revolve around actual fish or fish metaphors.

The level of ire D'andra expressed at her step son was way out of line based on what we know of these folks.  It was like she was pissed the kid was ditching them to live a life of crime or something seriously heinous, rather than just going back to stay with his mother.  It seems eminently reasonable for a 21 year old guy to move out of a house covered in reality tv cameras where he's literally trapped in a closet talking about his father's sex life with his step mother, or having to hide from his bitch on wheels step grandmother.

10 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

Like dear show, if you really want to sell us this idea that Kameron is actually smart underneath all of it, you have to show her being smart at some point.

I think the show is winking at the audience; they know we know she's as dumb as a box of hair and she is too stupid to realize it.  They're serving up the Dunning Kruger effect for us to enjoy.

• Love 14

Who presents a business idea with a Arts & Crafts piece of cardboard and a dam WAND??? Too stupid for words. Her husband a idiot to give her 10,000 also. She'll just go buy 2 pink purses and then cry because she's out of money for her "business" 

So what did Brandis mom do that her Mother won't see her either? That is one screwed up family.... and I have relatives I refuse to speak too!

Do Better Show. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I really need to know what happened between Brandi's grandparents to where Brandi can't even talk to Grandpa without Grandma shutting her out. Craziness. 

1 hour ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

So what did Brandis mom do that her Mother won't see her either? That is one screwed up family.... and I have relatives I refuse to speak too!

Grandma isn't even speaking to Brandi's mother, which is how we know it isn't just the TV cameras. Though Brandi has to realize that TV cameras help nothing.

I loved that Kameron's husband issued a hard pass on that pink dog food. She's an idiot. 

3 hours ago, janie2002 said:

Totally agree about Kameron, I'm tired of her explaining how she is a smart blonde that plays dumb.... it's like a person constantly telling you they are classy. If you have to explain it to me then it's probably not true. Lisa V already has the pink princess shtick down, you know why, because you can tell how smart and witty she is under all the pink , oh and she is an animal activist before trying to profit off dogs. 

1 hour ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Who presents a business idea with a Arts & Crafts piece of cardboard and a dam WAND??? Too stupid for words. Her husband a idiot to give her 10,000 also. She'll just go buy 2 pink purses and then cry because she's out of money for her "business" 

Show don't tell. D'Andra has told the viewers that her mother is resistant to modernizing. The show has also shown us that her mother is resistant to modernizing. They've shown us meetings where they've discussed why the company's lack of marketing is a bad thing.

All they have shown us about Kameron is that she's a complete moron. They haven't even shown us that she cares about dogs in any real way. Kameron has filmed so little that she feels like she might be a FoH that they tried to bump up in editing. Also that she's an idiot.

That girl is crazy. I've never seen someone freak out so much over a worm. And she acted like it was so evil to kill an animal, but eating them is okay? She definitely makes for good entertainment. 

3 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I want to know what kind of whacked out vacation bible school Stephanie went to that ended up with her thinking Jesus was against fishing.  Seriously, half of the gospels' contents revolve around actual fish or fish metaphors.

Along with Lydia on Orange County, Bravo seems to have a bunch of Christians who have no clue what is in the bible. Jesus is against fishing. Yeeesh. Head meet desk.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, janie2002 said:

D'andra was out of line with her stepson, she took out all her frustrations about her mom on him, and in front of the cameras. He really will have a reason to resent her after this airing. She came off really bad, and I liked her up to this point. I did laugh when she said Brandi looks like she is asleep and talks so monotone in a whisper.  

I think the pink shtick works for Lisa V because she's not so try hard about it. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Thumper said:

I wondered what Kameron's husband thought when he viewed her TH telling us how she manipulates him?

Then again, he may not watch the show.

He probably is smart enough to know that is bs. He controls the purse strings and she is his pretty , dumb blonde wife.  She aint running shii lol

• Love 11

Kam is single-handedly setting back the women's movement. I know more about running a business after watching one episode of Shark Tank, and she's supposed to be smart? Everything about her is awful. Lol. 

• Love 7

I actually like this show.  Leanne is crazy, but she is a very pretty lady.  Her guy seems like a sweetheart too.  

I like Stephanie and Brandi.  Although Brandi seems very sad to me.  Of all the franchises the friendship between Brandi and Stephanie has seemed the most genuine to me.  

This may not be the most exciting show in the franchise, but it beats the stupidity of Potomac and the currently horrible season of OC hands down.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Does anyone know how long D'Andra and her husband have been MARRIED? Curious how long she has known Keatin.

She's been married to Jeremy since spring or summer 2014. I think I read on her social media that she dated him for 1.5 years prior to marriage. So 4.5 years. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Does anyone know how long D'Andra and her husband have been MARRIED? Curious how long she has known Keatin.

1 minute ago, lunastartron said:

She's been married to Jeremy since spring or summer 2014. I think I read on her social media that she dated him for 1.5 years prior to marriage. So 4.5 years. 

February 2014 for the wedding.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I actually like this show.  Leanne is crazy, but she is a very pretty lady.  Her guy seems like a sweetheart too.  

I admit I am an unapologetic fan of Leanne, she may be crazy, but at least she just puts it all out there and is entertaining. I also agree she is beautiful.

Best part of this episode was D'Andra's husband, yum, does he have a brother or something!

Worst part of this episode listen those three dullards talking about not having to do any sexual favors and how many times a week they do have sex. I really did not need to know any of that shit!

• Love 8

So I was about to post my thoughts on the episode and while skimming through some of the other comments, I realized that some of the stuff I didn't see. I've now realized that I actually fell asleep in bed while trying to catch up on the episode, lol. So I'll save my thoughts for later on but what my best take away so far is that Leann's boyfriend has got the older gentleman, silver hair vibe down pat. Maybe it's a minority opinion but I find him to be one of the more attractive boyfriend/husbands on any of the RH franchises. His personality is so low maintenance and chill. Got a laugh at him getting on one knee to tie his shoe laces, haha. Shout out to D'Andra's hubby too....she did good with that one as well, haha.

• Love 9

I would have told that aimless kid if he was leaving he needs to put the keys to his new sporty car on the table on his way out. I have to think he agreed to be filmed for the show- what was he thinking?!  The episode was a whole lotta nothing. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I would have told that aimless kid if he was leaving he needs to put the keys to his new sporty car on the table on his way out. I have to think he agreed to be filmed for the show- what was he thinking?!  The episode was a whole lotta nothing. 

This was the first thought that entered my mind when he got in the car to leave.  You don't want to follow our rules and if you want to leave, then you'd be taking the bus or calling someone to come pick you up.  Sorry, but you don't reward bad behavior.  Now it's possible the kid got the car elsewhere, but I'd bet it came from dad and stepmom. 

On 9/12/2017 at 6:38 AM, Lizzing said:

And then she took a big ole swig from a flask. Maybe they served Jesus juice in that bible school. 

I did like how Cary and Stephanie tried to cheer Brandi up when she got back to the hotel.  To me that felt like genuine friendship and something my friends and I would've done if one of us was hurting. 

Kameron... I can't even stand looking at her or hearing her voice. I FF through every second of her on my TV screen. 

Edited by eclectcmoi
  • Love 8

D'Andra settle your ass down. To say 'if you graduate in 10 years, I'll be shocked' is a pretty low blow thing to say to a kid that you are trying to inspire and motivate to do something with his life. It may not be in the most conventional way but you aren't making yourself to be the person that he can come to for advice and support. At least she acknowledged her mistake and realized that she would redo that moment and react differently if she could. 

Brandi probably shouldn't be showing up to her grandma's front door with cameras in tow if she's really trying to make amends with her grandma. But with that said, barring her grandfather doing something absolutely horrible to her grandma and to her family, the fact that grandma is not speaking to her daughter and granddaughter because they are no longer choosing sides is selfish. I don't remember if Brandi shared the story of what went down between her grandparents that has led to her grandma's reaction to having her ex-husband back in their lives but there's very few things that I can imagine that should warrant that level of hatred that makes you feel betrayed that others are not also erasing him from their lives. 

Surprised that Leanne didn't go batshit when Cameron told her about her not being allowed in Brandi's house but I've seen the previews...Leanne's crazy will come out full force soon enough, lol. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't remember if Brandi shared the story of what went down between her grandparents that has led to her grandma's reaction to having her ex-husband back in their lives but there's very few things that I can imagine that should warrant that level of hatred that makes you feel betrayed that others are not also erasing him from their lives. 

IIRC, Brandi doesn't even know the reason/story.

• Love 1

Thinking the whole Brandi's at grandma's house with no answer is a total sham. Her mother parked the car well out of sight of the house...not a single light was on as Brand's got out of the car...and her knocks on the door as well as her "grandma it's me" we're so soft you could barely hear it. But the lights being out before anyone could even see her approaching told me no one was home....totally fake ( and really sad to make her grandma look bad).

• Love 3

That whole deal seemed very hinky to me, too.  All the things you've mentioned, bioprof, plus--if an elderly woman doesn't answer her door and her dogs are barking their heads off, wouldn't it occur to her daughter and her granddaughter that something might be wrong?  And if neither of them has a key, to call the cops to come do a welfare check?  She could be passed out on a floor somewhere, but because she didn't answer the door for the TV cameras, the hell with her.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

Kameron... I can't even stand looking at her or hearing her voice. I FF through every second of her on my TV screen. 

Hahaha!  I find my self doing the same thing.  She is not fun to watch at all.

I was also wondering why Brandi's mom didn't visit with her mom.   I don't remember them saying her relationship was bad with her.  Unless I missed it.  And what time was it that they showed up on her doorstep?  Late at night or very early morning before the sun rose?   That was just weird.

Have they considered that Keatin may have a drug addiction?   He dropped out of school, and lost his motivation for everything....those are signs.   I sure hope that isn't the case since he just up and left when they were willing to send him to another school, etc.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

DJpQ2bqV4AU3Mbi.jpg:large

Stephanie and Carey look frightening. Step away from the fillers and botox and black eyeliner ladies.

Dear lord...Cary and Stephanie look like aliens. And when you're making Ramona Singer look fresh and natural, you definitely need to  back off from the needles!! ?

Edited by Sun-Bun
Not aliens...maybe drag queens, but I don't want to DRAG those lovely queens into these messes...
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, jenngirl said:

I was also wondering why Brandi's mom didn't visit with her mom.   I don't remember them saying her relationship was bad with her.

It seemed it all changed when Brandi met with the grandpa. I don't understand the issue between grandma and grandpa, but I REALLY don't get how Brandi talking to Lord Voldemort means MOM is in trouble as well. 

3 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Dear lord...Cary and Stephanie look like aliens. And when you're making Ramona Singer look fresh and natural, you definitely need to  back off from the needles!

I didn't even recognize Stephanie. I had to do process of elimination. Wow. 

• Love 2

1. Stephanie's fillers looked very awry in Memphis.  If that was the work of the the Deuber MD/RN team, it is not good.  Poor Cary having to bang her icky hub on the regular, she is really earning those Birkins.  

2. More grandparent drama with Brandi just like last season.  Though her hair looked pretty while she was knocking on that door in Mississippi for 10 minutes.  

3. kameron is insufferable as is her homely husband.  Her kids are the only bright spot in her scenes.   Didn't I read on here that her parents actually own a pet food company?  So yeah big surprise if someone agrees to manufacture a token run of her damn pink kibbles.  

4.  What this episode was missing was D'Andra's mother and more arguments about eye creams and jar packaging.   I'm glad stepson is gone because that plot line was a bit uncomfortable.    Wow she threatened to carve out his eyes for supposedly rolling them at her????  He looked either really tired or really high in that scene.   

5.  I dig Leann's modest abode and her silverhaired beau.   I'm glad there is more of him next week.   

• Love 5

Oh, wow, how did Brandi rate an episode featuring her trial and tribulations with grandma and grandpa? What a snooze. The three of them need to get back to Dallas so LeeAnn can stir  the shit. It's the only thing that makes this show bearable! 

I think Stephanie is beautiful. Those eyes.  If she leaves her face alone for a while and stops with the tweaking she will be ok. 

D'Andra looks just like her mom. She looks old and rough in the face, anybody know her age? Oh, and as a stepmom who had a stepson living with them, I would like to say that D stepped way over the line. You have to know when to hold back with the dramatics. Her husband should have been saying what she was saying to his son. I guess that's why the son is the loser that he is. Dad is obviously way too passive. I love the way the kid drove off in to the sunset in that nice car I'm sure dad bought for him. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5

Did anyone else wonder how Keatin (a teen of no means) drove off from Casa D'Andra's house in a brand new car?  

Yes, that was my first thought upon seeing the car. Then I thought of the Charlottesville tragedy (because of the car).

I believe that drama of him leaving is manufactured.  

It could've been, because Dallas to SC is quite the haul to make on the fly. (Although, he could've stayed overnight somewhere on the way.)

And what time was it that they showed up on her doorstep?  Late at night or very early morning before the sun rose?   That was just weird.

That was confusing. The only thing I can figure is that it was rather early when the women left for dinner and drinks, and they didn't stay out very long.

Stephanie and Carey look frightening.

Dayum. I don't think I would've recognized Cary at all without the caption.

Hilton is clearly the smartest one in her family.

I had a stepmom and I am a stepmom. D'Andra is pretending to care about her stepson, but really she is trying to dictate how he lives his life and throwing temper tantrums when she doesn't get her way. Yes he should get a job or go to school, but he may be depressed and need help.

I don't know if D'Andra was a homebreaker but he probably resents her. Maybe he moved to Dallas to appear on the show with the hopes of making some entertainment connections and decided he couldn't tolerate her drama. Maybe he missed his dad.

I also wonder if the three of them living together revealed that his dad would always side with D'Andra when there were conflicts. I hope his dad had a heartfelt conversation with his son off-camera to show that he really cares about his welfare.

The housewife baby-voice - someone make it stop.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I had a stepmom and I am a stepmom. D'Andra is pretending to care about her stepson, but really she is trying to dictate how he lives his life and throwing temper tantrums when she doesn't get her way. Yes he should get a job or go to school, but he may be depressed and need help.

I don't know if D'Andra was a homebreaker but he probably resents her. Maybe he moved to Dallas to appear on the show with the hopes of making some entertainment connections and decided he couldn't tolerate her drama. Maybe he missed his dad.

I also wonder if the three of them living together revealed that his dad would always side with D'Andra when there were conflicts. I hope his dad had a heartfelt conversation with his son off-camera to show that he really cares about his welfare.

The housewife baby-voice - someone make it stop.

Yeah Dandrea husband was way to calm telling her to stop it. As the dad I would have hoped he would have really made it clear for her to stop. After the whole thing she starts crying and he hugs her? wtf she just berated your son on camera fawk her at that point. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, janie2002 said:

Yeah Dandrea husband was way to calm telling her to stop it. As the dad I would have hoped he would have really made it clear for her to stop. After the whole thing she starts crying and he hugs her? wtf she just berated your son on camera fawk her at that point. 

According to her blog this is the second time he pulled this crappy so maybe his father is over it.

• Love 2