Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Walking in Memphis

• Start Topic

On 9/13/2017 at 6:20 PM, RHJunkie said:

D'Andra settle your ass down. To say 'if you graduate in 10 years, I'll be shocked' is a pretty low blow thing to say to a kid that you are trying to inspire and motivate to do something with his life. It may not be in the most conventional way but you aren't making yourself to be the person that he can come to for advice and support. At least she acknowledged her mistake and realized that she would redo that moment and react differently if she could. 

Brandi probably shouldn't be showing up to her grandma's front door with cameras in tow if she's really trying to make amends with her grandma. But with that said, barring her grandfather doing something absolutely horrible to her grandma and to her family, the fact that grandma is not speaking to her daughter and granddaughter because they are no longer choosing sides is selfish. I don't remember if Brandi shared the story of what went down between her grandparents that has led to her grandma's reaction to having her ex-husband back in their lives but there's very few things that I can imagine that should warrant that level of hatred that makes you feel betrayed that others are not also erasing him from their lives. 

Surprised that Leanne didn't go batshit when Cameron told her about her not being allowed in Brandi's house but I've seen the previews...Leanne's crazy will come out full force soon enough, lol. 

I'm trying to figure out how exactly living with D'Andra and her husband is helping Keatin.

"Keatin, here's a bunch of dresses for you to sell on ebay.  I spent about $18K on this dress, which you probably have guessed was bought and paid for by my extremely wealthy family because I seem to do nothing that really warrants my being wealthy and your dad is a photojournalist which doesn't usually make someone extremely wealthy. "  

I wouldn't be inspried by her.  I would find her and the clown makeup ridiculous.

And have they ever even considered that maybe this kid just really hasn't "found" himself yet?  Maybe college isn't for him right now?  Maybe encouraging him to go to a trade school?  Spending incredible amounts of money for a college degree doesn't exactly have the same cache it used to.  

On Brandi's family, they are all sorts of fucked.  Unless grandpa is a murderer or pedophile, an adult should be able to have a relationship if she wants with both grandma and grandpa.  I could see her being upset if she thought that Brandi is trying to force them to have some sort of reconciliation and have them both at family events.  Then again, maybe Brandi's grandmother doesn't want to be a storyline like her grandfather.  

I have a love/hate thing with Cary.  I just don't believe that she's having sex 5 times a week. I think she wants the world to think she's sooooo desirable.  Or maybe it's the gay rumors.  

Kameron is an embarrassment.  First, I find it very bizarre when grown women needing every fucking thing to be pink.  Yes, it's a great color.  But stop being a cartoon.  I don't know how her husband can stand living in a house that is pink and white.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I have a love/hate thing with Cary.  I just don't believe that she's having sex 5 times a week. I think she wants the world to think she's sooooo desirable.

I think this about every single person on TV that boasts about how often they have sex. Liarfaces. That includes you, Vicki Gunvalson.

• Love 9

How upscale are these women if they've never been in a restaurant that's served wild boar? Or know what it is? Most of these women just seem so tacky with how they spend their money. Kam comes across as a tramp who married money but has no idea how to spend it. 

• Love 3
On 9/11/2017 at 10:14 PM, Neurochick said:

I can't stand Brandi, Stephanie and their baby voices.

I don't feel sorry for Stephanie and her situation with Travis, she married money and that's what she got.

Is Cary a human being, an alien or a bag of bones?

The baby voices are incredibly irritating!  And it's a shame because I think Stephanie has a good personality.  I just couldn't stand listening to that voice of her for 5 minutes.  Also agree with her and the neanderthal she married. She wanted to be the hot wife of a rich guy.  Now she has one who doesn't have the courtesy to consider listening to her on home purchases.  I feel like his thought process is "Hey, honey I'm doing YOU a favor.  You have nothing to do all day but cart the kids to school.  I'm being nice enough to let you live closer to the schools which increases my commute.  You'll take any damn house I buy and be happy with it."

Speaking of houses...D'Andra's house is seriously ugly.  I mean I get that they love to decorate with things from their travel but still it's butt ugly.

• Love 5
On 2017-09-16 at 11:22 AM, sasha206 said:

I'm trying to figure out how exactly living with D'Andra and her husband is helping Keatin.

"Keatin, here's a bunch of dresses for you to sell on ebay.  I spent about $18K on this dress, which you probably have guessed was bought and paid for by my extremely wealthy family because I seem to do nothing that really warrants my being wealthy and your dad is a photojournalist which doesn't usually make someone extremely wealthy. "  

I wouldn't be inspried by her.  I would find her and the clown makeup ridiculous.

And have they ever even considered that maybe this kid just really hasn't "found" himself yet?  Maybe college isn't for him right now?  Maybe encouraging him to go to a trade school?  Spending incredible amounts of money for a college degree doesn't exactly have the same cache it used to.  

On Brandi's family, they are all sorts of fucked.  Unless grandpa is a murderer or pedophile, an adult should be able to have a relationship if she wants with both grandma and grandpa.  I could see her being upset if she thought that Brandi is trying to force them to have some sort of reconciliation and have them both at family events.  Then again, maybe Brandi's grandmother doesn't want to be a storyline like her grandfather.  

I have a love/hate thing with Cary.  I just don't believe that she's having sex 5 times a week. I think she wants the world to think she's sooooo desirable.  Or maybe it's the gay rumors.  

Kameron is an embarrassment.  First, I find it very bizarre when grown women needing every fucking thing to be pink.  Yes, it's a great color.  But stop being a cartoon.  I don't know how her husband can stand living in a house that is pink and white.

The whole Keatin thing confuses me. He seems like a typical kid who is still trying to figure himself out . A kid who doesn't want to dedicate hours of his life to sitting in a college classroom without having any direction or inspiration for why he's sitting there. I don't think it's irresponsible that he doesn't want to waste his time (and lots of money) for absolutely no reason. If he decides that there's something there for him to pursue, school will always be there. Maybe he has other entrepreneurial ideas or like you said, maybe he has interests that best fits a trade school. Not wanting to organize someone's closet or sit in a traditional college classroom doesn't make him crazy or a lost cause. I can't understand why D'Andra presented the situation as if Keatin were to leave that the opportunity would never present itself again. That's her husband's son. If he gets caught up in trouble or decides later on what he wants to do, does him not living with his father somehow prevent him from wanting his father to provide some support and guidance to him?

Cary's husband seems super needy so if it really is 5x a week, I believe it only for the reason that she would do it to shut him up. I don't think he's used to her not giving him all the attention he demands from her and seeing her take a stand for the sake of spending time with their daughter instead, he's obviously not handling it well. Which is ridiculous to me because it's not like she's trying to leave him and dry to just do something completely random. He's throwing a fit because she wants to spend more time being a mother to HIS daughter. What a tool.

I'm still waiting for Kameron to show us how exactly she's much smarter than she wants people to believe. If you're going into business, nobody wants to invest in someone that they think isn't very bright...unless her plan is to force her husband to fund her 'project' then I guess she can keep up this supposed charade.

• Love 4
On September 16, 2017 at 10:22 AM, sasha206 said:

No, that scene was about letting the viewer know how much D'Andra spends on clothes, and that she doesn't care what people think (which she clearly DOES care because that's about the only thing she knew about the clothes). What kid wants to sell his mom's clothes on EBay? And how would that work out well? She kept mentioning him doing "research" but if those were truly designer clothes, would those prices be listed somewhere? Even if he did try to sell the stuff, I'm sure D'Andra would have been pissed at what he listed them for. That situation was designed for him to lose (no pun intended). 

• Love 3
On 9/15/2017 at 10:33 PM, biakbiak said:

According to her blog this is the second time he pulled this crappy so maybe his father is over it.

I dont care if its the second or 10th, her reaction to it was over the top. She has control issues then wants to cry. meh

• Love 2
On September 18, 2017 at 5:41 PM, Stan39 said:

No, that scene was about letting the viewer know how much D'Andra spends on clothes, and that she doesn't care what people think (which she clearly DOES care because that's about the only thing she knew about the clothes). What kid wants to sell his mom's clothes on EBay? And how would that work out well? She kept mentioning him doing "research" but if those were truly designer clothes, would those prices be listed somewhere? Even if he did try to sell the stuff, I'm sure D'Andra would have been pissed at what he listed them for. That situation was designed for him to lose (no pun intended). 

Parents task kids with doing chores and errands all the time. If I'm living in the house of my dad and stepmom rent free and they're supporting me while I work on applications to school? I'm going to be responding in the affirmative if they request help with a project. 

It wasn't all that complex. She gave him the original price of the clothes. You can look at eBay; lots of listing specify the original retail price of the item and the number it's currently auctioning for. If you really wanted extra credit, all you'd have to do is Google designer/couture consignment and resale. You'd be able to find shops in Dallas and in LA that would take the stuff to sell in their stores. 

• Love 3