Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: Moving In, Moving On And Moving Fast

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

That convo  with lydia's kids must have been super clarifying to them. "Sex comes from Jesus and it's private". If you aren't going to explain it, don't bring it up. 

Kelly needs to leave her mom the fuck alone. She worked her whole adult life as a nurse and she puts up with Kelly's shit. She deserves to sit around and drink wine and watch TV all day if she wants. Get off her jock Kelly . 

Lydia and her husband irritate the fuck out of me.  Their kids are adorable though.  

The brain trust between Kelly and her mom seems rather small or both of them have limited ability to truly express themselves.  It really sounded like two five year olds arguing.

• Love 12

Also, in her desire to be likeable, Vickie is changing who Vickie always was. I liked watching her act like a geriatric mean girl to the newbies. It was her authentic, awful self. I didn't like it because I agreed with her behavior, I liked it because it always showcased her ill-mannered self. She's not doing that anymore. She's trying too hard. I guess her cancer lies showcased that as well, but she showed everyone just how awful she really is, and it's just too awful. She can't recover from it. 

• Love 13

OMG!  Lydia's inane conversation on the beach about sex!  First, at 8 years old, only answer what the kids asks, second, where in the world did Lydia learn about sex?  Jesus has nothing to do with sex, right?  I'm Jewish and really would like clarification on that because it seems like an odd theory.  That poor confused kid.

• Love 13

I wonder what happened with Meghan and Jim announcing that they were leaving the show ?  I read that in a number of publications, including newspapers, so this wasn't some rag magazine.  Our paper wrote a story that both Heather and Meghan were leaving, with Meghan's reason being she was moving to St Louis so that she and the baby could be with Jim a lot more.  

• Love 4

If Peggy, or anyone else tried to put their fingers on my mouth to silence me I'd have to do my death grip twist to her fingers. Oh joy, another scene of her nagging her spawn to not play ball in the house. That gross boiled crap she served for dinner ( with plastic bottled water for all) suits her well- reminds me of her personality. 

Wonder if Vicki paid that girl to pretend to be Michael's girlfriend? What she should do is introduce Michael to Lydia's husband Doug ! 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I want to send a Coupon Cabinet Guy sized basket of flowers to whomever in the editing bay decided to insert the dropping coconut scene into the "Lydia confuses vasectomy with castration" discussion with her husbland.

I wish they had spliced in the guy at the top of the tree cutting the coconut off before tossing it to the ground

• Love 3
Just now, Juliegirlj said:

Wonder if Vicki paid that girl to pretend to be Michael's girlfriend? What she should do is introduce Michael to Lydia's husband Doug ! 

I don't think so. Dani is featured on Mike's Instagram going back at least a year. They live together. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

When I was in the fourth grade, I had a contaminated tuna fish sandwich for lunch. I got so sick from the food poisoning, that I couldn't stomache the thought of tuna fish for years. I couldn't look at it or think about it. It always made me queasy. That's how I feel about Vickie now. She's the food poisoning of the real housewives. I just can't see her in any setting without thinking about her cancer lies from two seasons ago. She's trying so hard to get back to where she was. But to me, she is so tainted, I just can't listen to her or connect with her on any level. She can claim that she apologized profusely, but she really hasn't. Not really. Not to everyone in one group. She never really owned up to what she did sincerely. but that doesn't even matter. I just can't get over that lie. I think at her core, she's not a very good person. And it all came out that season. 

This a billion times and then a trillion times more. 

Vicki can't be redeemed and she's trying to change history. For all her Jesus talk she's promoting the meanness.

I miss the show but not enough when Vicki, and Kelly are on it and TPTB doubled down and knowingly hired someone like Peggy. 

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 24
4 minutes ago, Giselle said:

This a billion times and then a trillion times more. 

Vicki can't be redeemed and she's trying to change history. For all her Jesus talk she's promoting the meanness.

I miss the show but not enough when Vicki, and Kelly are on it and TPTB doubled down and knowingly hired someone like Peggy. 

And btw...I feel that this is one of those rare times, that we the viewers are actually owed an apology. If she had any brains, or a decent PR person, she would get her ass on Facebook or insta or whatever the kids are doing these days, and apologize to the public. To the millions of people who suffer or loves someone who suffers with this life-threatening/changing disease. She owes that. Or have the decency to get out of the public eye. 

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, Hello Lady said:

Can someone remind Lydia, if her kids need sex ed, so does she. Daddy isn't  having his b@lls off, he's having a vasectomy. Although he appears emasculated anyway.

Oh, that dude lost his balls long ago. 

• Love 17
20 minutes ago, Normades said:

I thought Megan and Jim were the best in this episode.  I'll admit that even when most people couldn't stand Jim, I had a little soft spot for him.  When he came in the house wearing the ball cap, wow!  I thought he was totally hot.  Plus, his interaction with Aspen was just adorable.  I floved when Megan wasn't buying into Vicki's attempt at glossing over her horrible behavior.  When Vicki said she would never act badly and Megan let loose with "Yes you would!"  I LOVED it.  I also loved her reaction to that horrible car --- "Look how rich I am and how much better I am than everyone else."  Spot on, Megan!!  

When Vicki makes a sincere apology personally to every person who's had to endure her presence and then to all those who have or are suffering with cancer, and their families, maybe I won't wretch when I look at her disgusting face.  Until then, not so much.  There's just no redemption for what she has done and I'll never understand why Bravo allows her on our screens.  I've never found her to be that interesting.

We know Vickie well enough to know that a sincere apology will never happen the only genuine feeling she has is love for herself. Her love of her kids and grandkids is also colored by her overriding love for herself.

She was on too long and showed us exactly who she really is. Bravo won't reign her in and they created a monster ego that they are afraid to get rid of. They would rather have guaranteed lower viewership than risk the uncertainty of a change up. If they were so sure she's that much of a draw give her her own show for a season and see how she fares. She's not that entertaining. We've seen what she always offers. Andale's, dry heaving, screaming, raging narcissism. The same thing over and over with no growth nor variety.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 13

So, Heather quits and we're stuck with Lydiot and Hutch. Peggy and Dicko?, whatever the little guy's name is, they kind of suck.

Icky and Smelly have divided the cast and the show sucks. Producers please take note of this season on RHONY, you might be able to save this shit show.

• Love 15

I see Vicki's next foray into victimhood being the idea she let some guy sell her on the idea she could franchise Coto Financial Services.  With a slug like Michael-who works out of his home as vice-president, I don't see them ever selling s single franchise.  Vicki cannot maintain agents in her office.  It is kind of fun watching the conwoman getting conned season after season. 

Interesting article about Andy Cohen and Peggy and her homophobia:   http://allthingsrh.com/andy-cohen-wants-confront-peggy-sulahian-homophobic-allegations/

Last night on WWHL Meghan had to take responsibility for an ill-worded tweet about Peggy's prophylactic mastectomy and she said she had texted Peggy with an apology and explanation and had not heard back from her.  Sounds to me like Peggy is one and done. 

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

And btw...I feel that this is one of those rare times, that we the viewers are actually owed an apology. If she had any brains, or a decent PR person, she would get her ass on Facebook or insta or whatever the kids are doing these days, and apologize to the public. To the millions of people who suffer or loves someone who suffers with this life-threatening/changing disease. She owes that. Or have the decency to get out of the public eye. 

For her to do anything like that now would ring false. It should have been done when this first blew up but even then she has shown us who she is and it would ring false.

Vicki is about Vicki. Her narcissism is not interesting, cute nor fun to watch anymore even though Andy and TPTB seemingly think so.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, PickleDeeDee said:

That reminds me, does Kelly's brother still live with her? I don't recall seeing him this season.

Terrifying to think that Lydia really believes a vasectomy requires removing the man's TESTICLES!  And now she has Peggy convinced THEY (Non-Armenians) castrate their men, ha ha ha! 

He's not shown as part of her family in the credits, so I don't think he's being featured as much this season.  No clue if he moved out.

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

So now Kelly is trying to force Magda into a senior living facility. It doesn't seem like grandma wants to go. Does Kelly REALLY want her to have a "life"? Or does she want her out of HER house? At any rate, the fighting in front of that coordinator was super awkward. 

It wasn't a live in facility.  It was just a recreation center that has activities, classes, and events aimed at seniors so they can socialize and stay active.  http://newportbeachca.gov/government/departments/recreation-senior-services/senior-services-oasis-senior-center

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She also said he's out of town now more than ever so I'm not gonna give him a pat on the back for the little time he is home and giving the baby some attention.

Which is exactly why he was fine with having another child later in life. It would keep Megan occupied, happy and his ears would be free of her complaining of trivial things and her being all alone. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

OMG!  Lydia's inane conversation on the beach about sex!  First, at 8 years old, only answer what the kids asks, second, where in the world did Lydia learn about sex?  Jesus has nothing to do with sex, right?  I'm Jewish and really would like clarification on that because it seems like an odd theory.  That poor confused kid.

Lydia is bonkers! fact!

• Like 1
  • Love 9

If my son, at 8 or whatever, had said something about a sexy lady, I would have laughed, and that would have been the end of it. Her son didn't even ask a question. At that age, it's enough to say it's a lady who is very pretty. They don't need the exact definition of sexy. Sheesh! Also, I feel sorry for those kids, if the people giving them sex ed don't know the difference between a castration and a vasectomy. Little more anatomy, little less Bible, maybe.

I can't stand it when Vicky tries to be all femme. She talks in nauseating sexy little baby voice. Vicky, you ain't dainty! Stop tryna be!

6 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

If my son, at 8 or whatever, had said something about a sexy lady, I would have laughed, and that would have been the end of it. Her son didn't even ask a question. At that age, it's enough to say it's a lady who is very pretty. They don't need the exact definition of sexy. Sheesh! Also, I feel sorry for those kids, if the people giving them sex ed don't know the difference between a castration and a vasectomy. Little more anatomy, little less Bible, maybe.

I can't stand it when Vicky tries to be all femme. She talks in nauseating sexy little baby voice. Vicky, you ain't dainty! Stop tryna be!

And Kelly, you are stoopit! Can't stand you, yer inflated lips, or  yer husband. What a dumbass. Her mom seems loopy but OK, and who could stand living with Kelly? I would rather find a tiny apartment or condo and live in peace. That poor woman at the senior center. She clearly hates Kelly, too, and she was subjected to her for mere minutes. I hope! Oh, and what happened to the daughter? Was she a prop, a little actress, or what?

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 14

I now have two episodes of RHOC on my DVR that I can't bring myself to watch due to Kelly Dodd. I just fast forward thru all her scenes, but this season thus far has been a dud for me.  I may actually fall off this season, there's a point I can't fathom Bravo bringing on such a nasty mean person, and by watching I feel like I'm validating her being on the show (regardless of fast forwarding). Please Bravo, ax Kelly next season. There is zero entertainment value there.

Thank god RHONY has been bringing it in spades in Mexico!!!

• Love 6

I am the biggest ride-or-die housewives fan on the planet. 

This is the first time I truly do not even look forward to watching a franchise. It's almost a chore to sit through. What the hell happened to the OC?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

It wasn't a live in facility.  It was just a recreation center that has activities, classes, and events aimed at seniors so they can socialize and stay active.  http://newportbeachca.gov/government/departments/recreation-senior-services/senior-services-oasis-senior-center

Oh okay, thanks. I didn't realize that. I still think Kelly needs to mind her own business. Her mother is old enough to decide what she wants to do with her life. 

• Love 10
On 8/2/2017 at 6:19 PM, Gam2 said:

Wow. This sounds really boring.

This was as boring as it originally sounded.

Bravo should have never brought back Vicki if the cast is going to be this fractured and hence, dull. 

So Vicki thinks apologies are like baseball or pokemon cards - you trade 'em no matter if the other person has done nothing requiring them to apologize? Good to know.

I am not down with unsolicited face touching from someone I just met, so I would've been prone to slap the bouffant right out of Peggy's hair if she did  what she did to Meghan to me. However, I can't say I disagree with the sentiment. Vicki wasn't trying to hear it and Meghan should have just STFU. 

Shannon and Tamra just are not interesting together AT. ALL. 

The show was at its best when Shannon and Vicki were friends but I realize that ship not only sailed, it sunk like the Titantic and will never be raised.

Lydia, Peggy and Kelly are making me wish they brought back Gretchen (sans Slade) and Jesus Barbie. 

There is something fundamentally wrong with Kelly.

If Jerry Blank wants her daughter out of her business, perhaps she should look into moving in her own place - far away and more affordable.

15 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

oh please no more lydia and her waving arms and her rainbow..........oh puke!

All I see and think of when I see Lydia now is this

giphy.gif

Granted Peggy and Dicko's (a typo, but its staying because it fits) house is worth more money than I will ever see in several lifetimes, however, I still expect more and better for multi Lambo owners. I'm talking a Bevelry Hill's Mohammad constructed estate! 

Sure be proud of your Armenian heritage but please stop acting like characteristics possessed by many cultures are solely ascribed to yours. Armenians are not the only people who place great importance on family, food, marriage, whatever!! And what the heck was she talking out of that crock pot. It look like a boiled cucumber or something. Not at all appetizing. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Also, in her desire to be likeable, Vickie is changing who Vickie always was. I liked watching her act like a geriatric mean girl to the newbies. It was her authentic, awful self. I didn't like it because I agreed with her behavior, I liked it because it always showcased her ill-mannered self. She's not doing that anymore. She's trying too hard. I guess her cancer lies showcased that as well, but she showed everyone just how awful she really is, and it's just too awful. She can't recover from it. 

That is the bottom line imo, she cannot recover from it.   I would never see or talk to someone again who did a cancer scam.  The point is not the apologies and the aftermath, it is that SHE DID IT.  

Not to mention all she said and did to her daughter because of Brooks.   

• Love 20

I love how Kelly is able to make everything about her, even when she is seemingly concerned about her mom, in the end it comes down to that her mom is just like Michael and she married her mother.  Um, no, you did not and even if you did, that's on you, not your mother.  Kelly needs therapy. And a muzzle. 

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Oh okay, thanks. I didn't realize that. I still think Kelly needs to mind her own business. Her mother is old enough to decide what she wants to do with her life. 

Kelly is gross and this is just one more glaring example.  Dictating how her mother lives her life is horribly cruel.  And especially so if it's just for the sake of the camera (which I wouldn't put past her).

Kelly may bring drama and fights, etc. but she doesn't bring the human empathy component.   The interesting thing about the RH franchise is that it's about real people and real issues (in theory).  My belief is that we, the audience, have taken to them because they provide a bit of a barometer and we can ask ourselves, "what's right and what's wrong" and what would I do".  In Kelly's case, she is too removed as a human for people to relate to.  There is no subtance there for me to ponder where I sit on the moral and behavioral baromoter, and consequently, she brings nothing to the show. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

You heard it here first, sex is a gift from Jesus.  All Jews, heck all non-Christians, will get a cyst and decease letter regarding sex.  Sorry.  <eyeroll>

• Love 14
1 hour ago, jennylauren123 said:

Aw, shucks!  Ain't that what we do when we want a mayun...they like that baby voice stuff.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

You heard it here first, sex is a gift from Jesus.

Yes, and apparently since Jesus wasn't around in the old testament to give this great gift, it must have not existed.  I wonder how they procreated back then.  Maybe the dinosaurs that they used to plow their fields helped them in some way.  The things you learn from reality tv.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Megan knew what he did for a living when she married him AND pushed for a baby. She thought having a baby would change that, but he never told her that. I really find women who think a baby will "change things" to be annoying. 

As for how good he is with Aspen - just me, but I don't necessarily think he's any better than any other dad out there. But....Jimmy had previously come off as very cold and aloof. He barely showed any emotion towards his wife. SO I think it's nice for some viewers to see the way he lights up in the presence of his daughter. He seems to have a natural way with her, and seeing a softer side of him is refreshing. 

The thing about Jim traveling for work . . . I think he actually just works in St. Louis, like he's based there (and travels with the Cardinal during the season).   Megan is from St. Louis.  They met each other there.  It's clear that they live in St. Louis when not filming the HWs.  His kids live there, right? 

Megan said at the luncheon to Shannon and Tam that she hadn't been in the OC for four months, and the baby was what? . . .three months old???... so she had the baby in St. Louis too, right?   

So in reality Megan travels for work (not the other way around).  She travels to the O.C. to film for her job on the HWs.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Normades said:

Yes, and apparently since Jesus wasn't around in the old testament to give this great gift, it must have not existed.  I wonder how they procreated back then.  Maybe the dinosaurs that they used to plow their fields helped them in some way.  The things you learn from reality tv.

Pterodactyl storks?

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

You heard it here first, sex is a gift from Jesus.  All Jews, heck all non-Christians, will get a cyst and decease letter regarding sex.  Sorry.  <eyeroll>

Maybe there was some re-gifting.

But that still doesn't explain Old Testament procreation. 

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I love how Kelly is able to make everything about her, even when she is seemingly concerned about her mom, in the end it comes down to that her mom is just like Michael and she married her mother.  Um, no, you did not and even if you did, that's on you, not your mother.  Kelly needs therapy. And a muzzle. 

I'll chip in for the muzzle, deal? I honestly cannot stand the woman.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Giselle said:

I wonder if he heard it from Daddy.

I'm going with "no".  

Nike, Nike!   (That is a Duggar reference.   The kids are trained to shout Nike when they see a sexy woman.  It is a reminder to look at their shoes, not at the harlot who is tempting them. )

• Love 4

Tamra's daughter, Sidney made a long post on FB explaining the beef between them. Basically it comes down to Sidney's request for Tamra to not discuss their problems publicly. There were claims of neglect, and emotional and verbal abuse also. Tamra's response seems to be that her daughter is "brainwashed ", and to continually repeat in self pity " why do you hate me so much"...

There seems to be a bit of emotional blackmail by Sidney, and I don't think kids should try and dictate what their parents do, however Tamra has obviously placed the relationship with Sidney behind her own need of attention, money and fame. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

13 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

What a sad, little, dark party that was for a car. That's what they all got their makeup done and hair blown out for?? Yawn. Who cares about a yellow car? Certainly not enough to get into gowns. I saw one sad little tray of pigs in a blanket getting passed around. Wow, they're certainly glamorous. 

7 hours ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

I think it was contrived not just to talk about how much sex she is having but she has Christian sex, and Jesus loves her special Christian sex, and she was a virgin when she married, because, in case you didn't know, she is a Christian.

Lydia made sure she was front & center at the car party, screaming things out, wearing the cutesy red jumpsuit, etc.  She thinks her family is THE perfect family of the franchise.

4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

The way those women talk, he totally could have heard it from Lydia and/or one of her friends. Every time they gather together they start kissing each other's asses about how great an outfit is or how "sexy" they look. He could have heard it anywhere really. 

Well, he's working. To put a roof over their heads. He certainly wouldn't be the first parent whose job has them away from home a lot. Military members are gone for months at a time. Is it ideal? No. But I don't think it makes one a bad parent. 

I thought the same thing- he overheard his mom & her friends say it numerous times. 

Regarding Meghan's whining about Jim not being there - she knew about his work when they got married & she knew it when she had the baby.  Like another poster stated (having hard time quoting posts today) she thought a baby would help things but it doesn't always work out that way.

I missed the scenes of Vicki & Michael and Kelly & her mom at senior center.  Can't wait to catch up on VCR.

• Love 2

The only thing I took from this episode is that Peggy tried it with the right one. Hands to ourselves at all times unless you want to lose a finger. The germs alone involved in touching another person's lips. I just. Peggy would have had to learn if she touched me that day.

• Love 8