Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: Moving In, Moving On And Moving Fast

• Start Topic

It's pretty terrible, but I kind of don't want it to end.  Maybe they'll do a reboot, like they did with NYC?  Keep a couple of the main people and fire the rest.  It might be interesting if they threw Jeana or Lauri back into the mix. 

• Love 3

After each show I wonder why I even bother.  Nothing interesting, nothing new . . . boring.  How is it I'm finding Sweet Home Oklahoma more entertaining.  They actually seem to like each other and have fun.  The OC women have nothing to offer - no gorgeous homes, no really amazing parties, and just a bunch of leased cars.  Gosh maybe next week we can have an entire segment of Vicki gluing back her awards, Tamra working out, and Shannon mulling a decision about either having a drink, or eating a muffin.

• Love 15
45 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Why didn't they add someone who was fun, SMART, accomplished and happy? Oh, yeah. She might be interesting, not attacking/cussing/mean and might be more popular with the viewers. Why in the world did Bravo think adding a woman with a cancer story was going to be interesting to us? Goodness gracious me. I just can't with this show anymore. I predict this is the last year. At least, I hope so. 

To bring in a newbie that has serious cancer problems in her family (and herself) as Vicki's champion is nauseating/sick/twisted IMO!

3 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

After each show I wonder why I even bother.  Nothing interesting, nothing new . . . boring.  How is it I'm finding Sweet Home Oklahoma more entertaining.  They actually seem to like each other and have fun.  The OC women have nothing to offer - no gorgeous homes, no really amazing parties, and just a bunch of leased cars.  Gosh maybe next week we can have an entire segment of Vicki gluing back her awards, Tamra working out, and Shannon mulling a decision about either having a drink, or eating a muffin.

The only hope I have left for this show is that Peggy does to Kelly's lips what she did to Meghan's! That I would stick around to watch! LOL

• Love 13
16 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

It's entirely possible that he did not post these pics on the same day they were taken, since Meghan was in Atlanta at the time. He could have taken them at anytime posted them from anywhere.

Good alibi though Jim.

I'm not saying Jim doesn't cheat on Meghan, I don't know them so I can't know.  I just think it is fairly unlikely that he left his vacation with his kids for the day to go hit on randos in Arizona (1300 miles away) and posted a picture he took of Meghan on a different day as an attempt to fool her (she is Meghan PI, after all), and that Meghan's cousin nanny just watched the kids while Jimmy did this and didn't tell Meghan.  The more obvious answer is that the unsubstantiated story posted anonymously on the internet is not true.

2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Why didn't they add someone who was fun, SMART, accomplished and happy? Oh, yeah. She might be interesting, not attacking/cussing/mean and might be more popular with the viewers. Why in the world did Bravo think adding a woman with a cancer story was going to be interesting to us? Goodness gracious me. I just can't with this show anymore. I predict this is the last year. At least, I hope so. 

Someone who was fun, SMART, accomplished, and happy wouldn't film with Vicki, so they'd just have the same problem they had previously. 

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 14
On 8/9/2017 at 9:06 PM, kitten59 said:

I know! I find them both unattractive. He has a bit of a rodent quality. I hope their kids stay relatively cute (although, you can't really tell at this stage). Briana's boys are....quite active ;-).

Peggy is a one and done because she has the personality of a wet rag.

'A bit of a rodent quality'!!!  Made me crack up!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I'm not saying Jim doesn't cheat on Meghan, I don't know them so I can't know.  I just think it is fairly unlikely that he left his vacation with his kids for the day to go hit on randos in Arizona (1300 miles away) and posted a picture he took of Meghan on a different day as an attempt to fool her (she is Meghan PI, after all), and that Meghan's cousin nanny just watched the kids while Jimmy did this and didn't tell Meghan.  The more obvious answer is that the unsubstantiated story posted anonymously on the internet is not true.

Someone who was fun, SMART, accomplished, and happy wouldn't film with Vicki, so they'd just have the same problem they had previously. 

What's so unlikely about flying to AZ for a day when you're a man who travels constantly? Maybe he had a business meeting, no ones suggesting he went just to hit on her friend lol. The fact that he skipped posting the 15th only supports the story. This tea totally tracks imo, his infidelity has been intro'd as a storyline and will continue this season (kelly insists jim is still seeing his ex from when he was separated/before megan).  Also last season he was said to have a proper gumar in st. Louis...the craziest part to me was how douchey he sounds lol you'd think he'd be a little smoother by now!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Especially after the major fail of a "Brooks Has Cancer" season. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Definitely believe that is a bogus story or someone's fantasy about Jim.  Sounds pretty far fetched that he could be two places at one time.

Personally I think it should be in the contract that all the ladies are required to film with each other.  Not one of those ladies is better than the other. All of them lie and come up with bogus situations to try to keep relevant for the show.  Not to mention they are encouraged to come up with negative things to say about each other in their individual recaps.  That's why they have them!  Even "nice" Meghan said something snarky about Shannon's marriage. Nice is boring as far as this franchise goes.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Because if they added someone smart and accomplished, she wouldn't film with Vickie either....so....

like WireWrap said, they probably are trying to force tamra and shannon to interact with the whole cast. 

Can anyone imagine Lisa Vanderpump filming with Vickie?? Maybe to make fun of her in a subtle way...

17 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

OMG, Said same thing about last part of your post! Lol. Should have read everything before posting myself :)

• Love 1
On August 9, 2017 at 11:14 AM, Palomar said:

Seriously?  There was already a whole season devoted to this.  We know how everyone feels about it...do we need to dredge it up again and again.  This show needs to move on from this storyline. Talk about beating a dead horse.

Actually, if I was on this show and being forced to interact with Vickie, I would open every conversation with "remember when you and Brooks faked cancer?" Or "I can't believe you wanted casseroles that one time, so you faked cancer, remember that?"... Just to watch her shake her head and sputter and fume. Lol yes. I would beat that dead horse some more. I think her reactions to having it brought up constantly, to not being allowed to let people forget, would be entertaining. I'm the first person to usually say, omg! Let it go. But not this time. I just can't let this go with her. That's all I see when she's on screen. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 23
On August 9, 2017 at 1:31 PM, ladle said:

You worded this so well.  This is absolutely, 100%, how I feel about Vicki now.  She's such a reality TV gem because she has such a lack of self-awareness that I honestly think the persona she presents on screen is fundamentally who she is.  She can't help herself. 

And what's crazy is I feel like I gave her a lot of leeway for a long time.  Heck, maybe I'm the Village Idiot (TM Bethenny), but I still don't think she and Brooks sat down one day and decided "Let's fake cancer for fun and profit!"  I honestly believe that she thought he had it initially, and that when people began questioning it, she fudged (or outright lied) about being at his appointments because she believed him and just wanted to put it all to rest and because she was desperate for his companionship.  I believe that she should have known what was what, but that maybe she really was deluding herself for a while -- having "blinders on," as she says.  The fact that she's a narcissist probably helped her to do this.  But for me, it's her actions since the scam that really make her grotesque.  If, when this all came out, she had cut ties with Brooks, explained herself, admitted that she lied because she believed Brooks initially, and apologized sincerely to all of the cast members and anyone whose life has been touched by cancer, highlighting the severity of the matter, she could have been redeemable.  

Instead, there was the scam cancer charity (wtf??)  And instead of being humbled and working to get back into the women's good graces, she gossiped nastily about both Eddie and David.  (I don't even like Shannon, but geez, she has kids.)  To this day, she acts like the whole cancer thing was just a misunderstanding or a spat between girlfriends.  I don't know if she's even trying to spin it, or if she actually does not truly understand the enormity of what's happened.  I lean toward the latter.  

Perfectly worded!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Palomar said:

Personally I think it should be in the contract that all the ladies are required to film with each other.

Not me. I liked the show better in the early years when they were mostly filmed with family/at work, and the group interactions were minimal and a lot more organic. 

With some casts a lot of group get-togethers work, because you get the sense the ladies might invite each other even without the show. It's definitely NOT working for OC. 

• Love 1
On 8/9/2017 at 6:34 PM, zenme said:

Yes, Kelly's mom does look like Jerri Blank! She also kinda reminds me of Aunt Edna (the late great Imogene Coca) from the original Vacation movie.

Now that you said it yes, I do see it!

5 hours ago, Palomar said:

Definitely believe that is a bogus story or someone's fantasy about Jim.  Sounds pretty far fetched that he could be two places at one time.

I guess it's possible though for Meghan to be in two places at one time. On the weekend in question (I went to the MKE School of Detective Work) Meghan posted that she would be in Atlanta at a home goods show. This was during the same time frame Jim had been posting pictures from a trip to a lake in Idaho.  He also posted pictures at that same lake for a week before this.  Did they both fly in and out for other responsibilities?  It's possible.  It's also possible the pictures posted were from an earlier trip. 

What I do know for a fact though that my friend would not lie about what happened and has no reason to lie. She never watched any of the housewives shows (teases me for doing so) and had no clue who he even was. She thought he was obnoxious, very full of himself and was not impressed with him. No fantasy scenario there whatsoever.  Though I could and would defend my friend forever, I think this subject has been debated enough.  People are free to believe that they choose.

On topic: 

22 hours ago, WireWrap said:

To bring in a newbie that has serious cancer problems in her family (and herself) as Vicki's champion is nauseating/sick/twisted IMO!

The only hope I have left for this show is that Peggy does to Kelly's lips what she did to Meghan's! That I would stick around to watch! LOL

100% agree to both of your comments.  Someone PLEASE shut Kelly up and get her off my TV screen! 

Edited by eclectcmoi
Punctuation and correct spelling are important!
  • Love 2
On 8/10/2017 at 6:11 AM, RHJunkie said:

I know why Shannon is telling everyone under the sun about her weight - she's making herself accountable to others so she can follow through with her goals of losing weight - but for the purpose of watching this show, I hope she doesn't mean any new people for the rest of the season because I don't want to hear the story again. I think Meghan was the last one to be in the know - oh wait, there's Vicki but let's see how that works out.  So possibly one more rendition of the story to go ....and then please, no more.

Even when Kelly is trying to be nice, she manages to dilute her behaviour with her incessant talking. When you say that you only care about having a good time and that means getting along with the other women, then do you really feel bad or apologetic for your behaviour and things you've said to the women? As unbelievable as it sounds, I don't think Kelly is truly aware of what she sounds like when she opens her mouth and lets the words come tumbling out.

Can someone please explain Vicki's hang up to me? What exactly does she want an apology for? What was done to her that requires people to apologize to her? She has constantly apologized because she has constantly fucked up with the women and then tried to do damage control to get back into the group. It's not like she had to apologize incessantly for the same thing. When she got the women to move past the Brooks cancer stuff, she had to apologize after that for all of the gossip she was spewing about the women. Apologies over her lies in the Brooks scandal turned into apologies for gossiping about one friend's husband being gay, about another friend's husband beating the shit out of her, etc. I don't think the Tamra and Shannon are the most innoncent in their behaviour either but hearing Vicki talk and victimizing herself makes me wonder if she has working brain cells.

Peggy - keep your damn hands to yourself.

I may be in the minority but I thin Meghan is the most balanced of the women. She doesn't seem to co-sign her friends just because they're her friend. Calling out Shannon's weight gain on Vicki, last season when she called out Kelly's behaviour toward the other women, calling out Vicki when she claimed that she would never behave a certain way when Meghan knew well that Vicki has already had her fair share of bad behaviour. And on the subject of Meghan, her daughter is darling and I love how smitten Jimmy is with Aspen. He may be travel a lot for work but he appears to be a hands on dad when he's around.

I wasn't a fan at first.  She has grown on me.  She is not afraid to call people on their BS.  I also liked her mad detective skills.  If she didn't have to interact with Vicki I would say she should have left it alone but V was lying to them and trying to get them to perpetuate the lie.  She got to the bottom of it. 

17 hours ago, Inspectabecky said:

What's so unlikely about flying to AZ for a day when you're a man who travels constantly? Maybe he had a business meeting, no ones suggesting he went just to hit on her friend lol. The fact that he skipped posting the 15th only supports the story. This tea totally tracks imo, his infidelity has been intro'd as a storyline and will continue this season (kelly insists jim is still seeing his ex from when he was separated/before megan).  Also last season he was said to have a proper gumar in st. Louis...the craziest part to me was how douchey he sounds lol you'd think he'd be a little smoother by now!

He could have gone golfing there for a day.  I personally an inclined to believe it.  He has a history.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Losing Heather was the worst move this show ever did.  It's shit without her. 

You're the only one I've seen who feels that way! On another board dealing with reality shows, it was applauded designer Isaac Mizrahi called her out for being such a pretentious prig! No one I know will miss the b!tch! I was done with here after that hysterical performance and incident in the restaurant where she tried to kick Kelly Dodd out! Crying over the phone to Terry was the stupidest thing I've seen in a while! I think it was a dinner thing for Meghan who was newly pregnant! ;-)

• Love 2

Thank God! I thought I was growing up! This show is becoming so boring and I FF most of it. Despise Kelly and that was embarrassing what she did to her mom at the Senior Center.

Tamara reminds me of a Ferret and Shannon is just bizarre.

Going to go back to Dallas I think.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

You're the only one I've seen who feels that way! On another board dealing with reality shows, it was applauded designer Isaac Mizrahi called her out for being such a pretentious prig! No one I know will miss the b!tch! I was done with here after that hysterical performance and incident in the restaurant where she tried to kick Kelly Dodd out! Crying over the phone to Terry was the stupidest thing I've seen in a while! I think it was a dinner thing for Meghan who was newly pregnant! ;-)

Heather has class. NONE of the others have ANY, especially your fav Kelly Dudd the bitch. Isaac Mizrahi is a dumb ass. Have seen him on QVC selling his overpriced, BORING clothing line. NO one care what he thinks. He dresses like a TOTAL slob.

Edited by ITALIA
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

NO, she's ISN'T.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Palomar said:

Exactly. I have no idea if Edmonds is cheating or not, but some seem very invested in the idea of Jim dumping Meghan and baby.  Someone wanted a juicy story of Jim cheating.  They saw that the Cardinals played the Diamondbacks, but failed to realize the series was in St. Louis.  For that reason alone* the story rings overwhelmingly false, but I didn't want to accuse the OP (or her "friend") of being dishonest.

*Besides the fact that bragging on your newborn with your wife is probably the last pick up line a chronic cheater would use. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

I guess it's possible though for Meghan to be in two places at one time. On the weekend in question (I went to the MKE School of Detective Work) Meghan posted that she would be in Atlanta at a home goods show. This was during the same time frame Jim had been posting pictures from a trip to a lake in Idaho.  He also posted pictures at that same lake for a week before this.  Did they both fly in and out for other responsibilities?  It's possible.  It's also possible the pictures posted were from an earlier trip. 

What I do know for a fact though that my friend would not lie about what happened and has no reason to lie. She never watched any of the housewives shows (teases me for doing so) and had no clue who he even was. She thought he was obnoxious, very full of himself and was not impressed with him. No fantasy scenario there whatsoever.  Though I could and would defend my friend forever, I think this subject has been debated enough.  People are free to believe that they choose.

On topic: 

100% agree to both of your comments.  Someone PLEASE shut Kelly up and get her off my TV screen! 

The candle thing was on the 14th.  She posted on the 12th that she was sad to leave Aspen but she felt better knowing Jim and the nanny would be there are are great with her.  She posted a picture with her dad in Atlanta on the 13th.  On the 16th she posted a picture of Aspen that looks like it was taken at their summer lake home in ID going by other pictures that have been posted this summer.  The 16th is also the day Jim posted a picture of her at the lake.  That timeline doesn't require her to be in 2 places at once.  They own a summer home at Gozzer Ranch and apparently spent several weeks there this summer.  I don't think that it is unusual to spend a lot of time at your summer home in the summer if you have a job where you can get away with it and they both do.  People that like owning vacation houses like going to them.  Personally, I'd get bored using all my vacation up in the same place all the time.  I haven't been to most of our vacation properties in over a decade.  I'll go down to the beach house occasionally for dinner if my dad is in town and I spent 3 days there this spring.  But that's it.  My dad on the other hand is always at one, it seems, so I guess that's why he keeps buying them.  I just wish they were as nice as Jim and Meghan's.

5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I wasn't a fan at first.  She has grown on me.  She is not afraid to call people on their BS.  I also liked her mad detective skills.  If she didn't have to interact with Vicki I would say she should have left it alone but V was lying to them and trying to get them to perpetuate the lie.  She got to the bottom of it. 

He could have gone golfing there for a day.  I personally an inclined to believe it.  He has a history.

They were staying at their summer home in Gozzer Ranch, which apparently has a pretty great golf course. 

It sounds like the guy who built the resort (Mike Meldman) is a pretty big party boy.  Jimmy could have been paling around with him and gone to play golf at his course in Scottsdale for the day instead of the course at Gozzer, but the guy has a house in the gated resort community, so I don't know that it makes sense they'd be at a hotel bar.  Unless the hotel bar was actually a bar inside the Estancia golf club and not at a hotel.

Like I said, I don't know if Jimmy cheats or not.  I am just not buying some anonymous story hook, line, and sinker when it doesn't seem to add up.  

In non-Jimmy cheating, but still baby Aspen news, Megan has posted ridiculous pictures of her on various SM.  She's shilling some Disney vacation BS (the hotel she's promoting is actually pretty good from what my sister says, she stayed a year or two ago), but damn if that baby isn't adorable in her Minnie Mouse outfit and in her little bathing suit.  I don't want a baby, but she makes me want a baby.

20727967_700902140120314_244937576494713

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:28 AM, mittsigirl said:

Thanks Veda:)

Vickie should be made to volunteer some of her time on a pediatric ward that has children with cancer. Without a camera in sight. Stupid bovine.

Oh gawd, can you imagine what that would be like? Vicki would be like "why am I even bothering? These kids are going to die anyway! Say, have your parents bought life insurance for you yet?".

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 10

I am reluctant to even post my thoughts as, admittedly, I barely watch the program.  Yes, the television is on, yes I am in the vicinity, but distractions are many and I don’t defer them.  I have watched OC since the beginning, and am truly disappointed that it has plummeted to such depths.

Vicky –as the self-proclaimed OG, I will allow her first in these comments, although, IMO, she is solely responsible for the demise of this show. Once Queen Bee, her tacky {grotto notwithstanding}, graceless, ill-mannered behavior were somehow amusing.  Mean girl extraordinaire, she once held sway over all  newcomers and everyone kowtowed to her in spite of her ignorance and complete lack of self-awareness.  The cancer scam was her downfall, regardless of the recent, unending spin, she ultimately conspired with Brooks to hide the truth. The Dodds woman, although most definitely her equal, only cemented her complete fall from ungrace. Why hasn’t she been fired? It doesn’t really matter. As in The Help, she is “Two-slice Hilly” and continuing on this show, pathetic as it has now become, is Vicky, being forced to eat pie a la scat, each and every time she films.

Tamra – I believe Tamra was pivotal in changing this show for the worst.  She teamed up with Vicky and any pretense of upscale, chic, and style dissipated rapidly. Her treatment of Alex was beyond the pale.  Her new found religion?  Has she truly changed with the teachings?  I can’t tell.  Teflon Tamra seems to be able to adapt as required to any new environs. The exploitation of her estrangement with her daughter on television rubs me the wrong way, especially as it would seem to be the root of their differences.  I like Eddie though; surely he can’t be such a completely abysmal judge {no pun intended} judge of character.

Shannon – An unpopular opinion, but I feel for her husband. Dealing with her neurotic behaviors, her alcohol abuse, and possibly mental illness {is she bi-polar?} would be exhausting.  When Shannon is happy, she is delightful; funny, charming, and entertaining. Unhappy Shannon is truly miserable, dragging everyone in the vicinity down, and attempts to appease her would seem to be a fruitless endeavor.  Whatever the real problem is Shannon…. Marriage, weight, self-worth… fix it and move on.  Perhaps follow Heather’s example. The scene in the The Quiet Woman was truly appalling.  Shannon not only stooped to the Dodd woman’s level, she went to Magellan Trench depths beyond.

Meghan – Annoying as it was, if Meghan hadn’t pursued her questioning of Vicky and Brooks, we may never have known the extent and span of the scam.  Again, unpopular, but I have appreciated Jim’s no-nonsense approach to this show. I get the impression that he appears, very reluctantly, for Meghan’s sake. Loved that he didn’t put up with any of Vicky’s utterly vitriolic nonsense and calmly walked away from the Old Goat.  And I love the mutual adoration that is evident with both he and Aspen.

Lydia – Disappointed to see her return.  She held her own against the likes of Slade and Heather in her previous season and I felt that she went out on a high note.  Her

disingenuous defense of  Vicky {I can’t believe she doesn’t know the history of these past two seasons} and her instant friendship with the deplorable Dodds woman have entirely changed my opinion of her.  Also the emasculating comments regarding her husband are very unbecoming.  Smacks of both Vicky {Donn} and Shannon.

Brianna – Why is she even on this show?  I am sorry for her illness, but she adds nothing {except for someone who will willingly film with Vicky}  It is ironic that Sweet Home Oklahoma, for all of both Vicky and Brianna’s disparaging remarks, is everything that RHOC could have and should have been.  Funny, genuine women with charming eccentricities, embracing the successes and facing the challenges of life.

The Dodds woman – no words needed. Her behavior speaks for itself.

Peggy – Wire Wrap said it best.  It is truly twisted and sick to have a woman with very real cancer problems, champion the despicable Vicky who not only lied, but attempted to profit from the fraudulent behavior that she and Brooks perpetuated two seasons ago.  A new low for Bravo.

Heather – Deserves a mention because I do think she was smart to finally leave this farce.  For all her pretentious behavior, her pseudo intellectualism

With apologies to Oscar Wilde. RHOC has become the portrait of Dorian Gray…. The show appears to be shiny and golden on the surface.  Posh homes, sleek cars, beaches and sunshine, but we now know that there is a portrait in the attic that depicts that darkness of seasons past. The cancer lies are certainly first and foremost, but let’s not forget Heather and Tamra’s gaslighting of Shannon, and the deplorable treatment that poor, dim Alex endured, Naked Wasted….Those iconic gates are no longer attractive and I don’t care to go beyond them.

• Love 16

What a way to carry on! Lack of forgiveness only embitters the one with all the hate! I've been terribly resentful of how I was bullied as a child, but those same a-holes want me attend their reunions! That's not happening! If they didn't care for me then, why in the FK would I want to be bothered with them now in my old age? Same thing here with Vicki, if these b!tches can't move on and let her off the floor, it isn't hurting her! She still has a great life I'm sure! She doesn't need them! They must have no life of their own; so concerned about what everyone else is doing! It's pathetic and if I were Vicki, I'd say the same! "I've done what I can; Fk 'em if they can't move on!" Meghan, Tamra, & Shannon aren't worth the effort! I'd of told them all to go to HELL ages ago! ;-(

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

What a way to carry on! Lack of forgiveness only embitters the one with all the hate! I've been terribly resentful of how I was bullied as a child, but those same a-holes want me attend their reunions! That's not happening! If they didn't care for me then, why in the FK would I want to be bothered with them now in my old age? Same thing here with Vicki, if these b!tches can't move on and let her off the floor, it isn't hurting her! She still has a great life I'm sure! She doesn't need them! They must have no life of their own; so concerned about what everyone else is doing! It's pathetic and if I were Vicki, I'd say the same! "I've done what I can; Fk 'em if they can't move on!" Meghan, Tamra, & Shannon aren't worth the effort! I'd of told them all to go to HELL ages ago! ;-(

Vicki (aka Miss Piggy) has a GREAT life? She's a three time loser with a fat daughter, who has OBNOXIOUS boys and married to a loser. Vicki is pathetic and has a LOSER boyfriend. ZERO class.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ITALIA said:

Vicki (aka Miss Piggy) has a GREAT life? She's a three time loser with a fat daughter, who has OBNOXIOUS boys and married to a loser. Vicki is pathetic and has a LOSER boyfriend. ZERO class.

Whatever! Glad I'm not so vested in this stupid show! lol! ;-)

• Love 1
On 8/10/2017 at 11:12 PM, itsadryheat said:

Especially after the major fail of a "Brooks Has Cancer" season. 

This show is a mess. Andy kept Vicki because he thought the Vicki apology tour would be compelling. It would have been if Vicki had been capable of being contrite. Vicki never admitted her own culpability in what went down with Brooks. Even in the most generous interpretation of the cancer lie, Vicki lied about the IV and lied about witnessing doctor's visits and chemo treatments that she wasn't present for. In that way, she could still claim that the primary liar was Brooks. She loved him and believed him. She just needs to admit that she lied for sympathy and to make Brooks' seem more credible because she believed he had cancer. She has to admit and acknowledge that she lied too.

As far as the Kill All Cancer nonsense, she needs to just admit that it was really self interested. Kill All Cancer was an entity whose sole purpose was to generate insurance leads. It looked like a charity, but didn't and couldn't collect donations. That this was the most half-assed way to make herself look better while not actually doing anything good. Vicki needs that she is an asshole. That will never ever happen.

Andy and the other producers still find something compelling about Vicki. Because they can't make Vicki a decent person, they've decided to cast around her. It's a mistake in my opinion. The next time Vicki tries to pull some nonsense there won't be a housewife who will challenge her if they keep casting people who will support Vicki.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, LadyK said:

Shannon – An unpopular opinion, but I feel for her husband. Dealing with her neurotic behaviors, her alcohol abuse, and possibly mental illness {is she bi-polar?} would be exhausting.  When Shannon is happy, she is delightful; funny, charming, and entertaining. Unhappy Shannon is truly miserable, dragging everyone in the vicinity down, and attempts to appease her would seem to be a fruitless endeavor

I don't know how unpopular this opinion really is. I agree with it. It certainly doesn't excuse his cheating. He should leave if he's that unhappy. But I can absolutely see why he'd be unhappy. Shannon needs A LOT. She is constantly begging him to come rescue her. She needs reassurance all the time - from her outfit to her quinoa. I would drive me nuts. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't know how unpopular this opinion really is. I agree with it. It certainly doesn't excuse his cheating. He should leave if he's that unhappy. But I can absolutely see why he'd be unhappy. Shannon needs A LOT. She is constantly begging him to come rescue her. She needs reassurance all the time - from her outfit to her quinoa. I would drive me nuts. 

I agree with you Ghouline... David should have left instead of cheating.  There is absolutely no excuse for infidelity.  But can you imagine what trying to leave Shannon would be like? Nevermind that they are among the few in RHOC that are truly wealthy and financial security would not be an issue.  Shannon herself, has said "Divorce is not an option." Her post cheating behaviour was disturbing enough... divorcing her would be a real nightmare.   And I say this as someone who likes Shannon.   When she is happy. 

• Love 10
20 hours ago, LadyK said:

I am reluctant to even post my thoughts as, admittedly, I barely watch the program.  Yes, the television is on, yes I am in the vicinity, but distractions are many and I don’t defer them.  I have watched OC since the beginning, and am truly disappointed that it has plummeted to such depths.

Brava! So glad you posted. It needs to be said. Will Bravo hear the buzz on SM, who knows. Contrast this mess with how much I enjoyed NY this season. That group has arguably similar bad behavior but the ladies are good characters (editing?) while OC's are just sad. 

• Love 8

I saw the previews for the upcoming episode and although I've said this before, and caved, I think I'm out. Kelly telling Vicki that Shannon blames her wt gain on Vicki, and then Vicki squawking repeatedly has reminded me why I thought I was done after last season. I can't stand the OG of the OC. I can't fathom how she has defenders, outside of her daughter and that vile creep Kelly... even Vicki's son seems to barely tolerate her. This season is terrible. It's no longer "must see tv" for me. Shoot, it took me 3 attempts to watch this recent episode, and I still found myself ignoring it... pffft... Time to re-cast or kill the show imo.   Or at they very least bring someone in that will go after Vicki and her immature bs behavior... 

3 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

Brava! So glad you posted. It needs to be said. Will Bravo hear the buzz on SM, who knows. Contrast this mess with how much I enjoyed NY this season. That group has arguably similar bad behavior but the ladies are good characters (editing?) while OC's are just sad. 

Totally agree. 100%. I'm really sad the NY season  is basically over (besides the reunion episodes), lol... they had a good season overall... OC is worse than NJ... blah.

• Love 6

Vicki to her grandsons...

'Did you miss me?' 'Do you love me?' 'Am I pretty?' 'Am I the best Nana ever?' 'Do you like my house?' "Do you like it better than your mamas?' Do you like me better than your mama?' 'Did you like all your presents?' 'That Nana bought you?' 'Because she's the best Nana ever?' 'Because she WORKS?' 'You LOVE your Nana, don't you???????'

• Love 13
On August 12, 2017 at 6:04 PM, LadyK said:

Vicky –as the self-proclaimed OG, I will allow her first in these comments, although, IMO, she is solely responsible for the demise of this show. Once Queen Bee, her tacky {grotto notwithstanding}, graceless, ill-mannered behavior were somehow amusing.  Mean girl extraordinaire, she once held sway over all  newcomers and everyone kowtowed to her in spite of her ignorance and complete lack of self-awareness.  The cancer scam was her downfall, regardless of the recent, unending spin, she ultimately conspired with Brooks to hide the truth. The Dodds woman, although most definitely her equal, only cemented her complete fall from ungrace. Why hasn’t she been fired? It doesn’t really matter. As in The Help, she is “Two-slice Hilly” and continuing on this show, pathetic as it has now become, is Vicky, being forced to eat pie a la scat, each and every time she films.

Tamra – I believe Tamra was pivotal in changing this show for the worst.  She teamed up with Vicky and any pretense of upscale, chic, and style dissipated rapidly. Her treatment of Alex was beyond the pale.  Her new found religion?  Has she truly changed with the teachings?  I can’t tell.  Teflon Tamra seems to be able to adapt as required to any new environs. The exploitation of her estrangement with her daughter on television rubs me the wrong way, especially as it would seem to be the root of their differences.  I like Eddie though; surely he can’t be such a completely abysmal judge {no pun intended} judge of character.

Shannon – An unpopular opinion, but I feel for her husband. Dealing with her neurotic behaviors, her alcohol abuse, and possibly mental illness {is she bi-polar?} would be exhausting.  When Shannon is happy, she is delightful; funny, charming, and entertaining. Unhappy Shannon is truly miserable, dragging everyone in the vicinity down, and attempts to appease her would seem to be a fruitless endeavor.  Whatever the real problem is Shannon…. Marriage, weight, self-worth… fix it and move on.  Perhaps follow Heather’s example. The scene in the The Quiet Woman was truly appalling.  Shannon not only stooped to the Dodd woman’s level, she went to Magellan Trench depths beyond.

Meghan – Annoying as it was, if Meghan hadn’t pursued her questioning of Vicky and Brooks, we may never have known the extent and span of the scam.  Again, unpopular, but I have appreciated Jim’s no-nonsense approach to this show. I get the impression that he appears, very reluctantly, for Meghan’s sake. Loved that he didn’t put up with any of Vicky’s utterly vitriolic nonsense and calmly walked away from the Old Goat.  And I love the mutual adoration that is evident with both he and Aspen.

Lydia – Disappointed to see her return.  She held her own against the likes of Slade and Heather in her previous season and I felt that she went out on a high note.  Her

disingenuous defense of  Vicky {I can’t believe she doesn’t know the history of these past two seasons} and her instant friendship with the deplorable Dodds woman have entirely changed my opinion of her.  Also the emasculating comments regarding her husband are very unbecoming.  Smacks of both Vicky {Donn} and Shannon.

Brianna – Why is she even on this show?  I am sorry for her illness, but she adds nothing {except for someone who will willingly film with Vicky}  It is ironic that Sweet Home Oklahoma, for all of both Vicky and Brianna’s disparaging remarks, is everything that RHOC could have and should have been.  Funny, genuine women with charming eccentricities, embracing the successes and facing the challenges of life.

The Dodds woman – no words needed. Her behavior speaks for itself.

Peggy – Wire Wrap said it best.  It is truly twisted and sick to have a woman with very real cancer problems, champion the despicable Vicky who not only lied, but attempted to profit from the fraudulent behavior that she and Brooks perpetuated two seasons ago.  A new low for Bravo.

Heather – Deserves a mention because I do think she was smart to finally leave this farce.  For all her pretentious behavior, her pseudo intellectualism

With apologies to Oscar Wilde. RHOC has become the portrait of Dorian Gray…. The show appears to be shiny and golden on the surface.  Posh homes, sleek cars, beaches and sunshine, but we now know that there is a portrait in the attic that depicts that darkness of seasons past. The cancer lies are certainly first and foremost, but let’s not forget Heather and Tamra’s gaslighting of Shannon, and the deplorable treatment that poor, dim Alex endured, Naked Wasted….Those iconic gates are no longer attractive and I don’t care to go beyond them.

Well said! Love all!

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:04 PM, LadyK said:

I have to admit I only started watching this show a couple of years ago when I heard Jim Edmonds was going to be on.....pretty much out of curiosity since I am a long time Angel fan and he was one of my favorite players before being traded away.  (Not to mention I've enjoyed the scenery and locations at times since I live in OC).  I definitely agree that Jim is only on the show to support his wife and he probably wants to be anywhere but there during some of the filming. He is definitely cute with Aspen.  I really didn't know anything about his past marriages/cheating before I came to this board.  It is disappointing but not too surprising since most baseball marriages don't make it with the long separations.  Hopefully he has changed his ways with Meghan.

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:16 PM, WireWrap said:

Peggy's husband hasn't met Shannon yet, but the call to invite her to their "showcase" exhausted the whole family! "Shannon, next time just say you're busy instead of going down the entire drama with Kelly and Vicki!" The whole family was exasperated it seemed after it was all over! The woman is certifiable! ;-)

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

Peggy's husband hasn't met Shannon yet, but the call to invite her to their "showcase" exhausted the whole family! "Shannon, next time just say you're busy instead of going down the entire drama with Kelly and Vicki!" The whole family was exasperated it seemed after it was all over! The woman is certifiable! ;-)

I agree, Shannon overshares her problems way too much, especially with people she doesn't know. That said, Peggy had better not share any info with Vicki because Vicki will use it against her by sic'ing Kelly on her while spilling personal/private confidences all over TV. 

• Love 5
On 8/10/2017 at 9:15 PM, sandyskyblue said:

'A bit of a rodent quality'!!!  Made me crack up!

He really does!  His face is really off.  I think it's his tiny eyes.

On 8/14/2017 at 9:54 AM, Palomar said:

I have to admit I only started watching this show a couple of years ago when I heard Jim Edmonds was going to be on.....pretty much out of curiosity since I am a long time Angel fan and he was one of my favorite players before being traded away.  (Not to mention I've enjoyed the scenery and locations at times since I live in OC).  I definitely agree that Jim is only on the show to support his wife and he probably wants to be anywhere but there during some of the filming. He is definitely cute with Aspen.  I really didn't know anything about his past marriages/cheating before I came to this board.  It is disappointing but not too surprising since most baseball marriages don't make it with the long separations.  Hopefully he has changed his ways with Meghan.

Of course Jim being a pro ball player is going to cheat- they constantly have women throwing themselves at them.  I think Megan is naive to think otherwise.  What I don't get is why guys that play pro sports even get married.