Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Three Tequila…Floor!

• Start Topic

I watch the show because I find it fascinating that certain adults act they way they do. No class, no manners, drunk all the time and all the rest.

Although I was entertained by Luann falling, I find it sad that someone her age is still drinking and acting like a young adult testing the waters.

Different strokes for different folks but while I never fell in a bush I grew up in wild times.   But in my middle 20's I knew it was time to mature and live an adult life.   I can have a lot of fun without a drop of booze.

In reality, a lot of these women are pathetic and lead empty worthless lives. You can't drink they way they do and lead a productive life. It takes a full day (maybe more) to recover and do it again.

Do any of them know how stupid and foolish they are?

• Love 9

I'm really enjoying Dorinda and Carole's relationship.  It seems very organic similar to how it developed with Heather.  Dorinda doing the balloon thing to Carole was a hoot.  And Carole has become really enjoyable to me again.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Jel said:

And Ramona -- she gets her face sandblasted or lasered so she'll look good. But if she's so concerned about looking good, it's funny she shows up looking like that on tv.  She doesn't make a ton on sense.

I love my Ramona, but I really think she hanging by a thread before a full on nervous breakdown.

These trips - are always planned towards the end of the season. She had ample time to prepare so I'm not sure how she decided to have the procedure done right before Mexico. Did they show her having the actual procedure out of sequence or was this chemical/laser peel an additional treatment? No matter what, she is supposed to avoid the sun, avoid getting wet for lengthy periods of time and she needs to avoid chlorine.

Poor thing looks like Drogon breathed on her. As horrible as she looks, nothing will ever be as bad  as when Renee Graziano had a chemical peel done on Mob Wives

giphy.gif

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

In reality, a lot of these women are pathetic and lead empty worthless lives. You can't drink they way they do and lead a productive life. It takes a full day (maybe more) to recover and do it again.

With the exception of Bethenny, I still don't know how these women fill their days.  Gym, lunch, shopping I suppose...

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I ramble but the point I'm making is she refuses to see others.   Fuck her tea and ice buckets but I might leave some neosporin on her pillow at turndown because pettiness is tough to quit.

Ooh - what would this do??  

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I am someone that has long term issues/damage from severe head trauma and once I saw Luann was Ok, I laughed. Yes, she could have been hurt badly but she wasn't, but I do understand why you feel the way you do.

As for Ramona, I suspect that she didn't know for sure if she was going on the trip. I suspect production didn't tell her until the last minute and I think production knew she had the chemical peel before they told her. In fact, I can see them filming the peel then giving her the OK. LOL I suspect that even production wants Ramona gone.

Like Vicki G (OC), Ramona considers herself the OG but of the NY show and expects preferential treatment because of it. Everyone is to keep her informed of everything, get her approval and most importantly, forgive her when she acts badly. And just like Vicki, she is wrong! LOL

First off, so sorry to hear about the longstanding issues from head trauma. I used to say that I wanted to work with brain injured soldiers but instead I married one. Oh well.  LOL. 

I would LOVE if production did that to Ramona. That would say a lot about how much they hate her if they let her get a chemical peel and THEN told her she was going. 

17 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I'm trying to remember why I quoted this lol.   I think:  I agree.  However, you sort of have to exercise the judgment it takes not to be falling down drunk, while you're sober.    The header in the bushes cracked me up because it was a soft pile and she kinda made herself at home, but that second one, missed step turned ankle looking?  I lightweight gasped.  She's damn lucky nothing broke.  What's that saying? God protects drunks and babies or fools and drunks?  or..  I dunno, either way, her whole fleet of guardian angels was like boys? Suit up.

According to my pulmonogist, I'm allergic to outside, just all of outdoors.  You don't actually have to deal with it, not even close.  You can take a series of shots that contain higher and higher doses of your allergen triggers until you become immune to them.   Injections gradually decrease from several times a week (depending on your severity) to semi annually once you reach the maintenance phase.  The whole course lasts for between 3-5 years.  Which I know sounds like girl, gtfoh.  BUT, stick with me, but...years are gonna pass anyway and wouldn't it be nice to enjoy all 4 seasons?   I used to have to get steroids just to be able to open my eyes in the summer and once I reached adulthood I said fuck this ya'll have figured out how to give men 3 hour erections but can't stop hayfever??  n'uh uh.  They can.   But, you know, needles.

I mean I doubt the objections were about her entitlement to whatever amenities come with luxury accommodations.  When we vacay I study the brochure and website in advance and regularly say shit to my dude like, babe we have to go downstairs NOW, there's a 3 o'clock ice cream service on the beach.    I digress, you know we're not really digging at her about her requests, right?   It's true that neither she nor anyone else is required to be courteous.  But on the opposite end of the spectrum, because the service industry is already subordinate in structure, it's never necessary to be demanding of a person whose job description it is to literally meet your needs.   Though I hate to use the word, technically, I guess she considers them servants, but the combination of her lack of cognition, sense of entitlement, even in acknowledging/seeing them as people, she treats them more like slaves.   Not to go too deep but Ramona's {shrug} I've tipped him well smacks hard of plantation rhetoric.  My field hands love me, I treat them very well.   Ramona's infuriating because she truly believes nothing's wrong with her behavior.   On a good day.  On a shitty day she believes it's justified.

A hundred years ago I floated for a Manhattan law firm.   The secretaries sat in semi contained half wall cubicles outside each lawyer's office.   I was sitting at my desk when the partner I was working for came to hand me something.   Her colleague, another partner, was passing by and they started talking (partner #1 is standing a foot from my shoulder, partner #2 is in front of me an arm's width away).   Each of them is a working mom, they're talking about how they handle childcare.  They both prefer a live-in nanny arrangement.   

partner 1:  ........my girl is from Jamaica and has been with us for years, the kids love her.

partner 2:  could you see if she knows anyone we've been looking for a new girl for months now and I'm about ready to give up.

partner 1: absolutely I'll.......(cuts herself off)

#1 stopped talking to #2 mid-sentence when she realized that she'd referred to the (probably grown, but definitely black) woman who raises her children everyday as "my girl" in earshot of another black woman that hadn't been important enough to even notice before.   Both of them looked at me, looked at each other, had the minimum amount of awareness required to look embarrassed, reddened, they turned away from each other wordlessly and went back to their respective offices.   I promise to this day neither one of them would admit to having racist tendencies.    I ramble but the point I'm making is she refuses to see others.   Fuck her tea and ice buckets but I might leave some neosporin on her pillow at turndown because pettiness is tough to quit.

I think it is God protects drunks, fools, and small children. Dude, I have a 15 month old boy and someone is looking out for him. He put a bucket on his head an hour ago and ran into the wall, fell down, laughed, and tried to do it again. I joke that he is in his drunk frat boy stage.  Maybe I should change it to he is in his drunk Lu stage?  LOL. 

Oh, the nanny...  It was SO hard for me to get a live in nanny but there aren't childcare options here like in the US so I basically had to if I wanted to continue to work. A lot of people here will refer to the nanny as "my nanny" when in conversation with others. My kids call ours Nanny instead of her name (my daughter thought it was her name and it is easier for my 15 month old to say Nanny than her name) but I'm very strict on treating her with respect and like a member of the family. I see a lot of the entitled behavior that certain nationalities treat their staff with in Ramona and you are right, it isn't acceptable at all. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

With the exception of Bethenny, I still don't know how these women fill their days.  Gym, lunch, shopping I suppose...

You forgot calling Page Six......

• Love 24
11 minutes ago, epc said:

If she routinely got too drunk to take care of herself and this was just another example, I would not find this amusing at all. Alternatively, if she intentionally went out and said she was gonna tie one on tonight! and got too drunk to take of herself, I would not find it amusing either. 

I've seen these ladies drink enough over all of the episodes I've watched that I know I wouldn't want any of them behind the wheel of a car (not that they drive), nor would I want them to cross the street by themselves after a night out.  Judging from their screaming fits at each other over dinner and drinks,  most of them seem moderately impaired during and afterwards.   Nothing about their behavior screams "class" to me.  YMMV.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I've seen these ladies drink enough over all of the episodes I've watched that I know I wouldn't want any of them behind the wheel of a car (not that they drive), nor would I want them to cross the street by themselves after a night out.  Judging from their screaming fits at each other over dinner and drinks,  most of them seem moderately impaired during and afterwards.   Nothing about their behavior screams "class" to me.  YMMV.

I was talking about Lu, and I can remember only one, maybe two, occasions when she has had too much to drink, the other that I remember was in T&C, also on vacation. Lu has been - to me - pretty well behaved with regards to alcohol.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, epc said:

. Lu has been - to me - pretty well behaved with regards to alcohol.

She hasn't embarrassed herself as badly as the other ladies have, but I think she hides it well when she has had a lot to drink.  The other ladies said that she can handle her liquor, which led me to believe that they've seen her drink quite heavily.  Again, no judgment.  Just an observation on this group of women.  I guess I just expected better behavior from self-described "upper crust" folks and an etiquette expert!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Fuck her tea and ice buckets but I might leave some neosporin on her pillow at turndown because pettiness is tough to quit.

In this case, that might have helped her face look better the next day.

• Love 4

However, Luann almost never gets drunk like this; also, she had spent the day traveling, swimming in the ocean, laying out in the sun, and (according to her on wwhl) drinking tequila which she is not used to, and it caught up to her. Please, hasn't this happened to everyone here who is not a teetotaler? And to see her be able to laugh at herself and be generally loosey-goosey rubber-legged lying in a bush - well, I still giggle to myself when I think about it. And I certainly don't blame her for what happened - life happened!

This was why it was just funny for me too (when I knew she hadn't hurt herself in any major way). The other factor is that she was in what I'd consider a pretty safe drinking situation. She's with a group of friends at a house party and the only place she has to go after all that drinking is bed. Sure there were physical dangers (steps, different levels of the landscaping and house, a pool etc.) but there were also a bunch of other adults around who could help her. I'd say the guy who helped her out of the bushes and the one who helped her to her room were probably happier to have that duty then doing anything for Ramona. 

So really it just all made me giggle. Her falling in the bush and Ramona barely reacting other then to laugh and then when she falls again, with Lu commenting that 'this is bad, bad' and Ramona gives her not only a physical demonstration but a running commentary of how she should have navigated the stairs (all while Luann is lying there laughing) made me laugh out loud. I also loved when she and Ramona are standing out on the patio looking in at the others still arguing/shouting and Lu comments "Bethanny is going to kill someone" and Ro just agrees. Ha! 

Everything else has been said about the room wrangling debacle, Ramona's epic rudeness to the staff, and Carole's horrible ensemble for dinner, so I'll stop here.

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Ooh - what would this do??  

With any luck?  Sting the shit out of her cheeks.

6 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

First off, so sorry to hear about the longstanding issues from head trauma. I used to say that I wanted to work with brain injured soldiers but instead I married one. Oh well.  LOL. 

I would LOVE if production did that to Ramona. That would say a lot about how much they hate her if they let her get a chemical peel and THEN told her she was going. 

I think it is God protects drunks, fools, and small children. Dude, I have a 15 month old boy and someone is looking out for him. He put a bucket on his head an hour ago and ran into the wall, fell down, laughed, and tried to do it again. I joke that he is in his drunk frat boy stage.  Maybe I should change it to he is in his drunk Lu stage?  LOL. 

Oh, the nanny...  It was SO hard for me to get a live in nanny but there aren't childcare options here like in the US so I basically had to if I wanted to continue to work. A lot of people here will refer to the nanny as "my nanny" when in conversation with others. My kids call ours Nanny instead of her name (my daughter thought it was her name and it is easier for my 15 month old to say Nanny than her name) but I'm very strict on treating her with respect and like a member of the family. I see a lot of the entitled behavior that certain nationalities treat their staff with in Ramona and you are right, it isn't acceptable at all. 

Lol!!  Mine was a hard way baby too.   We have a saying:   "a hard head makes a soft behind" - stubbornness/refusal to listen will yield some pain in your future.   I used to say "that'll learn her" a lot.  

Contextually, my nanny doesn't bother me.  In describing her to someone who doesn't know her, saying her name wouldn't make sense.   Your nanny or the nanny tells the listener what she does.   Ugh, this is gonna get tongue tie-ish for me to articulate.  Girl (when said by a non minority) has a special significance associated with this country's ugliest history.  Instead of addressing slaves by their names, slaveowners would call slaves girl.   Few different reasons.  First nobody's trying to remember all those names - on large plantations there were conceivably hundreds of people.  Secondly, specificity didn't matter, any female would do.   Third, as they were usually referring to fully grown women, it was also meant to be diminishing.   Fourth, it's a sign of respect to use a person's name, but slaves weren't considered people, they were property, so even using the term girl was going above and beyond.   Sorry, don't mean to impromptu antebellum you up in here, my point about this was in (what should be) the shame in how easy it is not to realize - or in Ramona's case not to give a damn once they're aware - that they're being inappropriate. 

They should've let her have the master suite.   Then sent the staff home with their week's pay and checked into a villa clean on the other side of the island.

15 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

In this case, that might have helped her face look better the next day.

Then I change my answer to Bactrim.   Something ouchy.  :D

• Love 13
15 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Yeah, complaining you are hot and tired, don't feel like unpacking and handing your big ole bra to a male employee telling him to unpack, is rude and classless.  If the service is standard, you leave your bags and go on.  Carole and Dorinda unpacked their things.

Please and Thank You cannot be used too much.  

And you just Sonja more than likely unpacked her stuff. Remember she always afraid people stealing her things. 

I think I even remember she hid her shoes in the sand at some party so they wouldn't  get stolen.  She wouldn't even hang her coat in the entry or what ever at Ramona's because it might get stolen lol. Those  two are a mess. 

Ramona is just  a snobby  entitled woman that  likes to  act above everyone.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, epc said:

I'm not going to quote everyone on here who has commented on Luann getting shitfaced, but this is why I give her a pass. If she routinely got too drunk to take care of herself and this was just another example, I would not find this amusing at all. Alternatively, if she intentionally went out and said she was gonna tie one on tonight! and got too drunk to take of herself, I would not find it amusing either. 

However, Luann almost never gets drunk like this; also, she had spent the day traveling, swimming in the ocean, laying out in the sun, and (according to her on wwhl) drinking tequila which she is not used to, and it caught up to her. Please, hasn't this happened to everyone here who is not a teetotaler? And to see her be able to laugh at herself and be generally loosey-goosey rubber-legged lying in a bush - well, I still giggle to myself when I think about it. And I certainly don't blame her for what happened - life happened!

I don't think getting that shitfaced is ever a good thing, even if occasionally, only because you pose the most danger to yourself. Her second fall is an example of that - she could have seriously hurt herself on that fall but her immediate response made the scene one of immediate entertainment and not concern for her well being.

But I agree about giving Luann a pass for a few reasons:

1. She does hold her liquor well so her being that drunk wasn't an example of her not knowing her limits but rather her forgetting to take into account that by drinking something that her body wasn't used to, her tolerance level may not be the same.

2. I don't think it's an accident that we see tipsy/drunk Luann on vacation with her friends and not in public settings. I think Luann exercises judgment that takes into account a safe environment with people she trusts before she decides to let the liquor flow.

3. She isn't a mean drunk. Luann reverts to a 70s style hippie who insists it's just love, peace and rainbows in the world and that everyone just needs to chill out. It's entertaining and like you said, it's made all the more forgivable because she's able to laugh at herself and move along.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

I watch the show because I find it fascinating that certain adults act they way they do. No class, no manners, drunk all the time and all the rest.

Although I was entertained by Luann falling, I find it sad that someone her age is still drinking and acting like a young adult testing the waters.

Different strokes for different folks but while I never fell in a bush I grew up in wild times.   But in my middle 20's I knew it was time to mature and live an adult life.   I can have a lot of fun without a drop of booze.

My mom got up out of bed to use the bathroom during a commercial on TV.  She tripped over a pair of shoes and broke her shoulder.  Life happens no matter how careful you try to be.

• Love 17
20 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Switch all of the loofahs in the shower caddy with steel wool?

• Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I was worried she was about to fall in the pool and drown.  

I wasn't worried because we knew Luann was fine before the scene started (If she'd been hurt,  the media would have reported a brain bleed, concussion,  broken bone, etc. No way to keep that quiet).  So that made the viewing "risk free" for me.

I thought Beth was referring that Lu had the worst room on the ski trip because she was down in the basement and the guy used her bathroom.

That's what I thought as well.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Ellee, do you by chance have a gif of LuAnn with one leg in the air while still in the bushes? That was the visual that made me laugh 'til my stomach hurt.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

According to my pulmonogist, I'm allergic to outside, just all of outdoors.  You don't actually have to deal with it, not even close.  You can take a series of shots that contain higher and higher doses of your allergen triggers until you become immune to them.   Injections gradually decrease from several times a week (depending on your severity) to semi annually once you reach the maintenance phase.  The whole course lasts for between 3-5 years.  Which I know sounds like girl, gtfoh.  BUT, stick with me, but...years are gonna pass anyway and wouldn't it be nice to enjoy all 4 seasons?   I used to have to get steroids just to be able to open my eyes in the summer and once I reached adulthood I said fuck this ya'll have figured out how to give men 3 hour erections but can't stop hayfever??  n'uh uh.  They can.   But, you know, needles.

I really appreciate the advice!

• Love 5
13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Well, since Beth loves to 'correct' people: I think you meant the Titanic Beth.  The Titanic is a lot more clever.  I did find her amusing this episode but sometimes she still tries too hard.

Yep, the editing or whatever was strange when Lu and Doris left because Lu said dinner was in half an hour (and mentioning an early dinner) and then we have Beth come out to join Tinsley and Carole.  Then we have Beth in the dining room alone saying everyone is an hour and a half late.  Lu somehow managed to get loaded and who knows what happened to Doris.

As far as unpacking, etc. even on Below Deck, the crew is given a very generous tip and these charters cost far more than what these luxury resorts do.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  I do think Lu was right on WWHL when she said Ro is not a 'tipsy' girl.  The biggest thing that bothers me with her, and Sonja, is the way they treat employees.  I don't care if you're the CEO or you scrub the toilets, every person deserves respect.  You say please and you say thank you.  This is what makes these women so classless.  It may be their job but you're no better than them as a human being.  Sorry.  It just bugs me.  It's like the people who go into a dressing room and leave clothes all over the floor.  Someone is making minimum wage to clean your crap up.  Be a little more considerate.  My daughter worked for a short time part time in Kohl's while she was in school.  She couldn't believe what slobs people can be.  I'm the one who always puts everything back on the hanger perfectly and refolds the item on table perfectly.   People are just trying to make a living.  No one is that 'important' to be inconsiderate of other people. 

Sing it!  Money does not mean you do not need to say please and thank you.  I don't care how often people are doing stuff for you, its good manners and the right thing to do.  Ramona and Sonja are awful to the staff we see on these shows.  These people deserve respect and kindness not have some rude person snap their fingers at them etc.  Having worked in the service industry in a tourist trap I saw first hand the really poor manners of some with money.  I have also seen great gratitude in people I served in that industry.  Mr. Natalie used to clean high end carpets at many celeb's homes.  From Rob Lowe who he hated working for (they never wanted to see work trucks or the workers and it was unpleasant) to Carol Burnett/ Jeff Bridges/Jimmy Connors/Robert Zemeckis who were the best.  These 4 always asked how he was, how I was and talked to him as though he were a contemporary.  Heck Mrs. Zemeckis would regularly give him cakes and pies (as well as a vase one time) to bring home.  Ramona and her z list fame can bite my ass.  

• Love 21
11 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Luann did not look to me like she was handling her cups with charm.  She looked to be so inebriated she was a danger to herself. 

Whether or not she is presented as a role model is beside the point.  The woman came within three inches of a concussion, a broken nose, knocked out front teeth, etc. Role model or not, that is cause for concern to me ... or at least reason enough to not find it a "remarkably fun moment." YMMV

Yep.  She would fall under the 'can't take care of herself' category had she been in public and would have either been sent home with a friend or stuck in the drunk tank til she sobered up.  Since she was not hurt I did laugh but under all that was a real danger she could have really hurt herself.  Someone really needs to cut these ladies off.  Alcohol poisoning is not fun either.

• Love 8

Normally I'm not one for censorship, but that coupon commercial with Carole and Tinsley ought to be a crime.  At the very least, their "acting" should be avoided like a lee.

• Love 21
18 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I agree for the most part, but the really offensive thing to me was when Ramona and Sonja started calling some of the staff "Si Si" and "No No" when they were bringing the bags in. 

These are actual people with names. They might think it's cute, but it's not, it's rude.

Indeed - it was not the giving of the orders, it was they way they were conveyed.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

My mom got up out of bed to use the bathroom during a commercial on TV.  She tripped over a pair of shoes and broke her shoulder.  Life happens no matter how careful you try to be.

I bought my mom a pair of slippers with built in lights so she could see in the dark.    :)

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lol!!  Mine was a hard way baby too.   We have a saying:   "a hard head makes a soft behind" - stubbornness/refusal to listen will yield some pain in your future.   I used to say "that'll learn her" a lot.  

Contextually, my nanny doesn't bother me.  In describing her to someone who doesn't know her, saying her name wouldn't make sense.   Your nanny or the nanny tells the listener what she does.   Ugh, this is gonna get tongue tie-ish for me to articulate.  Girl (when said by a non minority) has a special significance associated with this country's ugliest history.  Instead of addressing slaves by their names, slaveowners would call slaves girl.   Few different reasons.  First nobody's trying to remember all those names - on large plantations there were conceivably hundreds of people.  Secondly, specificity didn't matter, any female would do.   Third, as they were usually referring to fully grown women, it was also meant to be diminishing.   Fourth, it's a sign of respect to use a person's name, but slaves weren't considered people, they were property, so even using the term girl was going above and beyond.   Sorry, don't mean to impromptu antebellum you up in here, my point about this was in (what should be) the shame in how easy it is not to realize - or in Ramona's case not to give a damn once they're aware - that they're being inappropriate. 

They should've let her have the master suite.   Then sent the staff home with their week's pay and checked into a villa clean on the other side of the island.

I SOOOO want to hang out with you!  I promise I won't end up in a bush with my leg flying high.  

9 minutes ago, ladle said:

Normally I'm not one for censorship, but that coupon commercial with Carole and Tinsley ought to be a crime.  At the very least, their "acting" should be avoided like a lee.

I watched that last night.  All I noticed was all the vasoline on the camera.  Those ladies were heavily filtered!

• Love 2

Coming out of lurkdom to say this episode had me rolling. I actually LOL'd (I promise Bethenny). There are a lot of people (myself included) who always find it funny when a person falls without serious injury. I mean they made a whole show about people falling- America's Funniest Home Videos. I once fell at work and our SRO found the surveillance video. It was so hilarious that I showed it to everyone. It was refreshing to see a real moment on camera. I think the ladies are on fire this season. You almost have to watch it twice to catch all the one-liners. I did cringe hard when Ramona was talking to the man about her demands. I don't mind watching her but I would cut that bitch in two seconds if I had to be around her. I was sad Dorinda didn't make it to the dinner. Regarding the time of dinner, I'm wondering if dinner got delayed and Bethenny was not notified because she was asleep/sick. 

• Love 12
(edited)

I get the angst if you're drawing numbers for who sleeps on a lumpy pull-out couch or in a sleeping bag on the floor, but in a villa where the worst you might get is a non-ocean view for a room you'll likely spend 5 sleeping hours in per night? Just deal. Talk about first-world problems. 

I believe Ramona and Sonja enact this accommodation treachery purely for screen time. It's their Lucy and Ethel shtick. But it's always been pathetic and the other women are clearly more than over it. 

God help me but I felt pull to Bethenny this week. Maybe I just love her on vacation. She won me over completely all those years ago in St. John and appears to be pulling it off again. She's always calm and fair and seems to understand the mettle it takes to travel. You're sick? Suck it up and power through. You have two idiots causing chaos and holding rooms hostage? Create a draw that solves the issue blindly. She looked gorgeous in her white ensemble, simple hair, and pale pink lips. She should go for that look more often. I also had to cheer when she dove on Ramona for interrupting Luann as Lu was thanking Bethenny. Ro does a fine job of showing her true colors all on her own, but sometimes you just have to let someone know that you know what time it is. Beth sees you, Ramona, and she's not impressed.

WTF possessed Ramona to get a peel before a beach vacation?! My face hurt just looking at her! I'd have been hiding indoors or dressed up in a beekeeper's uniform. Samantha Jones's chic widow look in the SaTC ep "Plus One is the Loneliest Number" is really the way to go here.

Luann, I'll never quit you. I love Mrs. D'Agostino. The Countess is a mere memory at this point and we're all better off for it. Luann falling in the bushes and laughing about it was glorious. She fell so gracefully too. I laughed even harder when she fell of the raised tile platform of the house and Ramona, totally nonplussed, explained the mechanics of her fall due her lack of direction. "You should have gone THIS way." Might be the second-best Real Housewives ep ever (second only to Scary Island and satchels of gold). Her telling Sonja, while totally intoxicated, that she was following every point of the conversation very closely, was just platinum TV.

I freaking love Lu. She should give Ramona and Sonja lessons in moving on. I'm sure Lu hasn't forgotten or truly forgiven Beth for all the horrible things that were said to her in the Berkshires. But Lu holds her head high, never raises her voice, and keeps on smiling (and drinking). She personifies that the best revenge is (pretending, at least) to live well. Her toast to Beth was sincere and classy. Plus she seems to have moved on with Carole in a healthy way. I doubt she wants to be close with these women, but she knows how to coexist with just about anyone, and that's a life skill to which we should all aspire.

To think there was a point in time when Sonja was my favorite. Sonja is a sneaky friend, and a two-face of the worst kind. I believe she planted that nasty item on Tins and quite frankly, her continual covert bussing of Ramona has me feeling sorry for old Ro. Either distance yourself from Ramona and be honest with her about how her behavior affects you, or just own the behavior and be a true friend. She wants all the spoils of Ramona's tantrums but none of the stench of the mud Ramona rolled in to reap them. Her apologist speech to Beth at the dinner table was gross. Beth hates Ramona right now, and we all know that. Sonja's total inability to stand up for her friend is pathetic, but it was even worse that she basically acquiesced to Beth and insinuated that her behavior is dependent on and totally influenced by Ramona. Like, "Oh, poor me, I just love Ramona so much but she's terrible and putting me in a bad light!" Are you effing kidding me? If that was how my BFF handled things in my absence I'd cut her loose. 

Sonja plays both sides of the fence. She wants her buddy time with Ro and she wants Bethenny to love and cajole her. That ship has sailed off with your Nigerian football team on board, Sexy J. Pick a side or get out of the game. You're a turncoat right now with more gray shades of morality than Ro's pizza face. That woman wouldn't know loyalty if it sat on her face.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

I'm gonna pull a Luann and be a one upper! ;-)  The 35 year old mom of one of my students was mopping her kitchen floor and slipped.  Broke her back.  Didn't just herniate a disk, or twist her spine, she BROKE her back.  Mopping the floor.  This happened years ago but it freaked me out enough to be hyper vigilant when walking on wet surfaces. All these years later and she still isn't right.  Seriously, no matter how careful you are, life happens. 

About Ramona's face:  I haven't seen the whole episode yet but did Ramona say she had a peel or procedure or something prior to the trip?

Because my friend has rosacea and some acne scars and that's what her skin looks like when she's not wearing make-up.  I'll bet Moaner also loved the tanning booths back when they were popular.  Looks to me like she has a ton of sun damage.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Ellee, do you by chance have a gif of LuAnn with one leg in the air while still in the bushes? That was the visual that made me laugh 'til my stomach hurt.

Courtesy of Realitytvgifs.   :D

tumblr_otd5dcahMl1ql5yr7o2_500.gif

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

If you stay at a high end private villas, yes you can ask them to unpack.   I have had someone unpack for me, it was nice.

Good to know, Heather.

HowVery.gif

• Love 11

A missed opportunity.....

I read the room descriptions from the above link.   I would of given Ramona and Sonja the option of this room - " A Themed Kids Room- with two full beds suspended by ropes"  or a Motel 6 with 2 twin beds.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, epc said:

I was talking about Lu, and I can remember only one, maybe two, occasions when she has had too much to drink, the other that I remember was in T&C, also on vacation. Lu has been - to me - pretty well behaved with regards to alcohol.

LuLu had an incident where she fell off a table top that she was dancing on.  I don't think that this was a captured by Bravo moment though.  Think it hit the papers though.  I can't remember all of it but for some reason I think it was back when there was talk of her doing the 'dine and dash' thing.   Yes, years ago.  Hope someone with a memory can help me out here.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Ellee said:

LuLu had an incident where she fell off a table top that she was dancing on.  I don't think that this was a captured by Bravo moment though.  Think it hit the papers though.  I can't remember all of it but for some reason I think it was back when there was talk of her doing the 'dine and dash' thing.   Yes, years ago.  Hope someone with a memory can help me out here.

Can't help you with that one, but didn't she fall at the bar in St. Barts in the sand?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Ellee said:

2 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Can't help you with that one, but didn't she fall at the bar in St. Barts in the sand?

I believe that was the incident.  That was all I could find. 

tumblr_otd9iuE6ol1ql5yr7o1_400.gif&key=1

tenor.gif

We've all seen Carole eat, unfortunately with her mouth open.

We've certainly seen her chew, but do we know if she actually swallows the food? I kid, I kid. Anyway, I doubt Sonja literally meant that Carole doesn't eat (Frankel doesn't have a lock on hyperbole), just that she eats very little. Which, Sonja would know, given she's had numerous meals with Carole over the years.

All I can think of is how close Lu came to splitting her head open like an overripe melon! 

Don't you mean pumpkin?

Ramona is...Ramona.

• Love 2

Carole and Tinsley do a commercial for Coupon Cabin and Bethenny does one for Ebay , I remember Kyle was in a Jeep commercial a few seasons ago, isn't that what these Housewives want...more fame?  These are not the worst commercials I have ever seen.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, imjagain said:

And you just Sonja more than likely unpacked her stuff. Remember she always afraid people stealing her things. 

I think I even remember she hid her shoes in the sand at some party so they wouldn't  get stolen.  She wouldn't even hang her coat in the entry or what ever at Ramona's because it might get stolen lol.

Oh my gosh, I remember this now! Yea, Sonja is holding on to her shit. She will let it out, Sharpie it, hide it in the sand....do whatever she has to, because she doesn't have Ol Man Morgan around to buy her any new shit. 

1 hour ago, meadow457 said:

Coming out of lurkdom to say this episode had me rolling. I actually LOL'd (I promise Bethenny). There are a lot of people (myself included) who always find it funny when a person falls without serious injury. I mean they made a whole show about people falling- America's Funniest Home Videos.

I'll laugh under two circumstances - the "injured" person isn't severely hurt (applies here) and/or the injured person is so loathsome I just don't give a crap (see Vicki Gunvalson and any football, stairs, screen door she encounters). Lu tries my patience most of the time, but I don't HATE her. If she had been really hurt, I would not have found it comical. But she was laughing and having a good time herself. And I always find her more refreshing when she ditches the Countess mode and just cuts loose. This may have been a little too loose, but all's well that ends well. 

1 hour ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I believe Ramona and Sonja enact this accommodation treachery purely for screen time. It's their Lucy and Ethel shtick. But it's always been pathetic and the other women are clearly more than over it. 

I think they even admitted once that they amp up their shit on vacation just to a. fuck with the other girls and b. provide the "drama". But.....I don't believe for one second that they (especially Ramona) wouldn't act this way without the cameras there. 

• Love 9

I get the angst if you're drawing numbers for who sleeps on a lumpy pull-out couch or in a sleeping bag on the floor, but in a villa where the worst you might get is a non-ocean view for a room you'll likely spend 5 sleeping hours in per night? Just deal. Talk about first-world problems. 

Exactly!  I appreciated Tinsley for trading numbers with Bethenny for the 'choosing of the rooms ordeal.'   It was a nice gesture since Bethenny planned the trip.  I would've been happy with any of those rooms at the villa, especially since I would've been spending most of my time at the beach or by the pool.  Sitting in my room, whether it was ocean view or not, wouldn't be something I'd be doing.  I'd be sitting out by the damn ocean rather than looking at it through the window!  I'm glad that Bethenny put her foot down with them.  Luckily LuAnn got a "good" room so we didn't have to hear her bitch about not getting the honeymoon suite.  

I was waiting for Dorinda to yell "CLIP, CLIP" when Ramona & Sonja were arguing about the rooms.  

• Love 10

I found parts of the show hilarious but others I felt sorry for the staff. Snapping your fingers and ordering them around- proves what a NO class Cow Ramona is.

I would never have waited 90 minutes for the others. Start serving and whjen they come down everything is over and has been put away.

Bethanny looked so ugly and he language is nasty.Her Daughter is going to be so proud of her!

4 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

especially since I would've been spending most of my time at the beach or by the pool

Or paying for it!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I was waiting for Dorinda to yell "CLIP, CLIP" when Ramona & Sonja were arguing about the rooms.  

I'm pretty sure that Dorinda was drunk enough in the Bronx that she never formed memories of her new catchphrase. 

• Love 9
On 7/19/2017 at 8:12 PM, absolutelyido said:

I feel like Ramona & Sonja don't care about their room as much as they like to create drama for TV and get their share of camera time. I think it's more about, "Look at me! look at me!" than it is about the room they get. It's their shtick.

I also think Ramona especially has a really jealous nature. She's always concerned people are getting something she isn't, even if she not something she cares about. I don't think it's that she actually cares about the room (like say RHOC resident pain in the ass, Shannon) she just can't stand the idea that someone else has a better room then her.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Her telling Sonja, while totally intoxicated, that she was following every point of the conversation very closely, was just platinum TV.

You're making me laugh just remembering.

"I am following. I am. I'm following BIG time." (Pointer finger jutted to the sky as punctuation)

Sonja:  (stunned silence)

Sonja's talking head about how Luann is extremely drunk.

Cut to Luann's face which is attempting to convey seriousness but is in fact looking so much out of it.

• Love 7