Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Three Tequila…Floor!

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Last year, Andy said that Beam Suntory was paying for the entire trip, which was why Bethenny was allowed to not invite particular people. This year, Mexico is the cast trip and Bravo is splitting some costs with Beam Suntory. I think you're correct in assuming the tequila excursion is the part that Beam Suntory is paying for. It looks like Bethenny caves. I suspect because she realized that if she banned Ramona, Sonja might stay with Ramona. They'd have a camera crew with them. It would shift the narrative to being about Bethenny and Ramona's fight instead of the tequila. So it's better to have Ramona there with a warning to be on her best behavior.

I suspect Jules smoked like a chimney because I think we saw her smoking 3 or 4 times on camera.

Did anyone see Sonja drink from the margarita on the tray while the server was holding it?

If you believe Andy, Bravo/production never pay for anything, including the all cast trips! LOL I call BS that B/S was paying for any of it, last season or this season. LOL

• Love 5

You can almost always tell if a woman is a smoker due to what it does to her face but for people with $$ who can afford great skin products and all of the procedures, it is very easy to hide it.  I wonder if some of them don't quit because they can keep their looks and still smoke! 

I am not judging smokers!!   For some unknown reason I never picked up the habit though I easily could've:             

I grew up in a literal haze from unfiltered Lucky Strikes- my maternal grandmother and Marlboro Reds- both parents. I did the whole taking cigarettes from them (not the Luckys!) and smoking out the window, going to the mall with middle school friends on Friday nights and buying a pack to smoke while you walked around the parking lot or walked to another hang out place.  It was the the mid-eighties!  By 9th grade I was over it and I don't think I smoked at all in high school but had friends that did.  There wasn't a stigma then like there is now.    

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

If you believe Andy, Bravo/production never pay for anything, including the all cast trips! LOL I call BS that B/S was paying for any of it, last season or this season. LOL

When they do interviews, the producers are really candid that they pay for the trips. The Vanderpump Rules producers admit that they pay for trips, but won't let the cast fly first class to preserve the fiction that the cast is still struggling.

http://allthingsrh.com/bravo-producer-talks-rhony-season-9-mexico-cast-trip/

• Love 3
21 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Didn't Dorinda's room than Ro and Sonja wanted have a Jack and Jill bathroom with Carole's room?  Can you imagine if all 4 of them had shared a bathroom?

That's why I couldn't figure out why So and Ro wanted that room so badly. Shared bathroom. Small(er) double beds. Those two always seem to like to share one, big bed. It was as if they just wanted ANY room that someone else got before them, it was perceived as "better".....and then they started inventing reasons why. 

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

That's why I couldn't figure out why So and Ro wanted that room so badly. Shared bathroom. Small(er) double beds. Those two always seem to like to share one, big bed. It was as if they just wanted ANY room that someone else got before them, it was perceived as "better".....and then they started inventing reasons why. 

I suspect they feel that if they can push any of them out of a room (and take it for themselves) it means they have more "power/standing" in the group than the one(s) they forced out. They are fighting for camera time and for standing within the cast. LOL

• Love 18
(edited)

I worked for tips for 45 years. Ramona would definitely go down as "worst guest ever". As soon as they say "Oh I tip good/well/generous" you can be SURE you're getting a crap tip. People HAVE to put up that crap to feed their own families. I did and so did most of the woman I worked with. Her entitled shit isn't cute, or funny. It's just obnoxious. 

Not sure why anyone still smokes. I vape. Left the stinky ciggies behind but my vape tastes like bannana, passion fruit, and strawberry and there is NO smell. Vap= Vapor. No matches so I can't burn the house down and it's 100 times cheaper. Yes there is nicotine in my vape (3%) and you can get stronger but there is NO SMELL.  I can also smoke the vape in my apartment which bans cigarettes in the apartments Win, Win!

Edited by eurekagirl mOo
More to say!
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, film noire said:

I've developed a grudging admiration for how Luann faces down hostility, but this is the first time I've found her likeable (who knew if you took the stick out of her ass, Luann turned into a woman made of jello, giggles and Olympian stumbles?)  A couple of people mentioned Ramona up thread in that scene as being amusing (and she is) but she's so heinous the rest of the trip, it's like throwing a grain of salt into an ocean (full of floating deck chairs).  

One thing I can say about Luann is for the most part she is not a pot stirrer.  She rarely walks in looking for conflict and most of her confrontations are the result of someone coming for her.  Yes I know she called Sonja and Ramona out in Morocco for being late to dinner and I always felt that had more to do with trying to film and getting them to the table.  Luann was a strict with them.  Another thing often times it is her desire to shut it down that cause the best clips because she is horrible at defending herself. 

As to Ramona I thinks she realized if she stayed at the table she would be Bethenny's next course.   She may have been toasted but she was not ready to be the flambe dessert course.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I'm going to put on my speech therapist hat for a moment. So, women's voices actually have a fairly wide pitch range that actually overlaps with a male voice. She has a lower pitch. I don't necessarily hear a smoker's vocal quality though (which typically is a bit gravelly). 

Does the fact that Luann has "masculine" features and is the size of a taller man have anything to do with the pitch of her voice?  

On 7/19/2017 at 9:50 PM, WhoaWhoKnew said:

There was a debate about whether Ramona was on the autism spectrum or on cocaine.

LMAO....I love that these are the two conclussions people were jumping to.  Ramona is a mess.  More now than ever!

I think Tinsley is just upset/pissed that her supposed friend would plant a story about her in Page 6, not about the article itself.  I mean, it's a gossip column.  Who gives a shit?

The episode was great but coming on here and reading these comments, omg.  I'm peeing laughing.  Thank you all for the much needed humor!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ryebread said:

For all of you that have re-watched this episode 157 times - raspberries. PFFFFFFFFTHB.  I've not seen it , even one. measly. time.  Who knew a DVR could run out of space?  So, the clips and summaries have had to suffice.  

I have to say that whether the posts about Lu are mocking or praising, they've made Lu's trip to the bushes the single thing I want to see the most. And I'm not even a fan of Lu. 

My dislike has always been about her condescension.  If she's able to shed that skin and show a fallible human being under there, I could come around.  It would be really surprising if Lu's stumble into the bushes makes me like her more.  Because, typically, sloppy drunks?  No Bueno.  But stranger things have happened to make me change my opinion of a HW.

HIGHLY entertaining.  I even had Mr. Natalie watch this scene and he was laughing hysterically.  I have to say I think my favorite part was her dancing while looking through the window as the ladies were finishing dinner.  

• Love 7
(edited)
16 hours ago, F. M. said:

Does Bethenny know any? Her vicious potty mouth moves double time. She was mildly funny at one time, sadly now she's a caricature of her former self.

Btw, Bravo pays/arranges the trips. Bethenny had no right to say Ramona couldn't go. The only trip BF knows is her own power trip.

Vent over..;) 

The truth is, I don't think we know the truth about the trips. We all know there are examples of a gal not being invited to one of them, so it is certainly not a fact that the gals never have a say in who comes and who does not. My thoughts are that Ramona had something about not being invited on cast trips added into her contract. The fact that she could not convince Heather to invite her on the London trip was - I believe - of great humiliation to her. A newbie who was having a great trip to London refused to allow her rude ass to be included. She had never been treated that way by anyone. She was so mad about that back in the day. They all have the ability to ask for certain things in their contracts. They might not get those things, but they can negotiate them. I believe - and have absolutely nothing in the world to back up by belief - that Ramona was not going to ever let that happen to her again. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Oh, she is getting attention alright.  People are laughing their asses off at her. I am not sure that is what I would call positive attention, but whatever.  I think the positive attention mostly went to Bethenny this episode.  I'm amazed at all the love she's been getting, both for her behavior and her look.  I gotta hand it to her, Beth knows how to dress to kill when vacationing in the heat.  When the others looked wilted Beth remained the picture of tropical eleganza! 

I suppose the true test of how Luann feels about winning this season's Cooter Brown Award will be if she brings it up on Evine or whatever shopping channel she is selling her fug creations on now.  I'll believe she is happy about busting her ass twice and flailing around in the shrubbery like a fool when she uses it as a marketing tool, ha. 

I guess some mean spirited people may be laughing their ass' off at Luann,  but I'm not. I'm a recovering alcoholic,  can't drink cuz I can't stop, Luann seemed to not know her limit with travel and hard liquor, it happens, I'm told,  to "normal" drinkers. She seemed good natured about it then and on WWHL.  It made me like her more that she could laugh about herself and wasn't talking about being a Sadie! Sadie! Married lady! For a change. 

• Love 11

I found Lu likable in this episode for the most part, and I cannot always say that. I liked the way that she interacted with the others. Reminded me of S6 Lu. But it had nothing to do with the falling down drunk part, which by the 2nd fall actually made me nervous for her. I guess I am surprised that so many people either changed a prior opinion of her based on tequila, or just like her more now than they did before. I don't think I can recall a time when I've heard so many people move their opinion in the positive direction after seeing someone falling down drunk. This is a new one for me. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Lemons said:

Does the fact that Luann has "masculine" features and is the size of a taller man have anything to do with the pitch of her voice?  

I'm under 5' (@2") and have a deeper pitched voice than Lu. Maybe it's the size of the vocal chords and not the height of a person. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The truth is, I don't think we know the truth about the trips. We all know there are examples of a gal not being invited to one of them, so it is certainly not a fact that the gals never have a say in who comes and who does not. My thoughts are that Ramona had something about not being invited on cast trips added into her contract. The fact that she could not convince Heather to invite her on the London trip was - I believe - of great humiliation to her. A newbie who was having a great trip to London refused to allow her rude ass to be included. She had never been treated that way by anyone. She was so mad about that back in the day. They all have the ability to ask for certain things in their contracts. They might not get those things, but they can negotiate them. I believe - and have absolutely nothing in the world to back up by belief - that Ramona was not going to ever let that happen to her again. 

Nothing worse than someone who isn't wanted that keeps "showing" up. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I'm under 5' (@2") and have a deeper pitched voice than Lu. Maybe it's the size of the vocal chords and not the height of a person. 

Yes -- if it were height,  supermodels would sound like Morgan Freeman ; )

• Love 16
14 hours ago, ryebread said:

For all of you that have re-watched this episode 157 times - raspberries. PFFFFFFFFTHB.  I've not seen it , even one. measly. time.  Who knew a DVR could run out of space?  So, the clips and summaries have had to suffice.  

I have to say that whether the posts about Lu are mocking or praising, they've made Lu's trip to the bushes the single thing I want to see the most. And I'm not even a fan of Lu. 

My dislike has always been about her condescension.  If she's able to shed that skin and show a fallible human being under there, I could come around.  It would be really surprising if Lu's stumble into the bushes makes me like her more.  Because, typically, sloppy drunks?  No Bueno.  But stranger things have happened to make me change my opinion of a HW.

Ryebread, you must check your DVR space often during the RH's seasons.  I delete stuff just to make sure I never miss my important shows like the HW's or Dateline.  ??

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Lemons said:

So, testosterone can result in a lower pitch of the voice. Estrogen, progesterone, and androgens will have an impact on the voice. Menopause, normal aging, and thyroid disorders can also have an impact on your voice.

Odd fact of the day: your voice actually changes when you are on your period. 

6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Correct. The size and thickness of your vocal folds will determine your pitch.

• Love 5
On 7/20/2017 at 6:49 PM, ButterQueen said:

My husband is working late, and I'm on my 4th watch.  I'm thinking of ordering pizza.  ?

Anyone notice how cool Ramona tried to act about Sonja's wrong number dick pic?  She's really such a prude.

Could Dorinda have gotten any farther away from Ramona in the car?  

Ramona is acting terribly, to put it mildly, just like every poster has pointed out.

However, dick picks?!! Really?  This is one of those things that make me question how far our society has fallen when dick picks are talked about like they are talking about something mundane like someone's outfit in a picture.  Grow up Sonja, please!

• Love 9
On 7/21/2017 at 8:31 AM, Jel said:

You and Celia are right -- it could have taken a very tragic turn.  And it really doesn't matter how elegant or hilarious you look while your brain is bleeding.  I'm sure there are some families out there who are living with the lifelong consequences of a drunken fall., and that's not funny at all. Point taken.

This is the one time this season I can think of Sonja being prudent...this is why she didn't want a room with lots of stairs...if she knows they may drink too much...

So, if you know you're going to drink like an irresponsible, stereotypical frat boy, it's probably a good idea to avoid stairs!

• Love 6
On 7/21/2017 at 8:36 AM, Jel said:

And Ramona -- she gets her face sandblasted or lasered so she'll look good. But if she's so concerned about looking good, it's funny she shows up looking like that on tv.  She doesn't make a ton on sense.

The only thing I can think of is maybe Ramona actually thought she really wasn't going to Mexico?!  The trip was confirmed to her last minute in spite of her insistence earlier that they are all included whether she was invited by Bethenny or not...You are right, she's a "regular" so she would know you are supposed to avoid the sun, etc.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I guess I am surprised that so many people either changed a prior opinion of her based on tequila, or just like her more now than they did before. I don't think I can recall a time when I've heard so many people move their opinion in the positive direction after seeing someone falling down drunk. This is a new one for me. 

I can't figure out what is so totes adorbs about a middle-aged woman stumbling over ledges and tumbling face first into the flowerbed, either.  You'd think it might effect someone's reputation in a negative way, but apparently that is not the case.  Who knew, lol

I do have to wonder how such behavior might be viewed if it had been a different, less adored ho-wife crashing around all shit-faced, though.   I'm not sure it would be nearly as well received.  But I think Luann is able getting away with it because she was such a completely arrogant, pompous asshole for so long, she now enjoys some kind of special dispensation to make a fool of herself because it is considered somehow ... refreshing or something, apparently.  

Maybe I view the whole thing differently because I have always put a lot of stock in all the stories and rumors of Luann getting drunk and fighting with the Count in public, kissing men, grabbing mics and demanding to sing and knocking over drum kits.  The things the other women have said about her drinking and what an entirely different person she is off camera are well known.  And I think she has done some things on this show when she was drinking that showed bad judgement, like hooking up with the Pirate and the other men she brought home on a different trip.  So I don't see her her getting plowed and busting her ass as "refreshing" or her simply letting her hair down in outrageous fashion after all the propriety.  Rather, it seems like a simple tangible, physical onscreen portrayal of how Luann is when she drinks too much.  She does dumb shit, and Bravo just finally got some spectacular footage of Drunk Luann in action to air.  And it left me entirely unimpressed.

• Love 5

Throughout the course of this show I have consistently only liked Luann when she's outside of the city. 

I don't know what it is, but she is a different person completely. She's funny and doesn't seem to take herself as seriously.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Ramona is acting terribly, to put it mildly, just like every poster has pointed out.

However, dick picks?!! Really?  This is one of those things that make me question how far our society has fallen when dick picks are talked about like they are talking about something mundane like someone's outfit in a picture.  Grow up Sonja, please!

All she said was wrong number???  I am a little surprised that she didn't respond to find out more about the dick...um.....I mean guy.      

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

All she said was wrong number???  I am a little surprised that she didn't respond to find out more about the dick...um.....I mean guy.      

I'm reacting to the fact that regardless of whether it's a wrong number or not, mature women, as defined by me as over 21, talking it about it like they are just looking at some guys profile pic or chest/rear end.  There is no decency when that seems like no big deal, IMHO.  

And...yah...when it comes to Sonja, you are spot on, she didn't inquire right then and there?!! 

I know they are train wrecks and that's part of why we watch, but sometimes I think I accidentally put some teen MTV reality show on, instead of a housewives show!

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I can't figure out what is so totes adorbs about a middle-aged woman stumbling over ledges and tumbling face first into the flowerbed, either.  You'd think it might effect someone's reputation in a negative way, but apparently that is not the case.  Who knew, lol

Hey, if I'd had any idea that falling down drunk made people hold you in higher esteem, I would have made other choices at the recent national sales meeting I attended for work. There I was trying not to let the 3 hour time change and open bars every 10 feet get me into any trouble. I was trying to stay out of the bushes, when who knows - maybe I would have gotten a raise or something had I been less diligent. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

I'm reacting to the fact that regardless of whether it's a wrong number or not, mature women, as defined by me as over 21, talking it about it like they are just looking at some guys profile pic or chest/rear end.  There is no decency when that seems like no big deal, IMHO.  

And...yah...when it comes to Sonja, you are spot on, she didn't inquire right then and there?!! 

I know they are train wrecks and that's part of why we watch, but sometimes I think I accidentally put some teen MTV reality show on, instead of a housewives show!

She would have responded to him had she received a photo of a top tier credit card next to his junk! LOL

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I do have to wonder how such behavior might be viewed if it had been a different, less adored ho-wife crashing around all shit-faced, though. 

I don't think Luann is an "adored ho-wife" --  lots of people said they appreciated how she handled herself precisely because they never much liked her to begin with.

• Love 5

I didn't necessarily find it "adorable" that LuAnn got drunk and fell in the bushes; it certainly wasn't character redeeming. I've never really been a fan of Lu, and that hasn't changed. But I think, for me, it was just a very funny moment. That's all. 

Yes, yes, I realize that heavy drinking can have many serious consequences. But we'd had en episode of Ramona and Sonja running around the estate trying to conquer the best room, and Tinsley having a toddler-esque temper tantrum at dinner. So much hostility. A leg flopping out of the bushes just made me laugh. She wasn't hurt. I've been drunk before. It was just a light and relatable moment, for me. Sure, Lu may have a history of uncontrollable drunken behavior and that's no good, but as a viewer of a trashy TV show, I'd just rather see THIS LuAnn than the one who is haughtily laughing at people and telling them how to introduce her to a driver. 

• Love 15

I thought Luann being so drunk was "cute" only because she was a happy drunk and able to laugh at herself. Other HW's might not have been so charming. As much as I like Dorinda she's a bit of a nasty drunk and Kelly Dodd (RHOC) is downright terrifying and I'd be scared to be around her. 

• Love 11

I was out of town when it initially aired, so will just drop in to say this is one of the best episodes of this series for me. I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish, with the worst part being Ramona/Sonja. I laughed many times at so many lines and moments, none harder than at Lu with her foot in the air in the bushes. Oh Lu Lu. Again - would vacation with her without hesitation. 

• Love 5

There was a story on the nightly news tonight. Actually it was a warning. There's something about the alcohol being served in Mexico. Their wordage was "tainted" It caused a death to a woman (from Wisconsin?) and she didn't have a lot. It's been reported that even after only a couple (2) drinks that it's been causing ppl to blackout. No no señor to mixed drinks. Just bottled beer or something you open yourself that's sold from a reputable establishment. The problem seems to be mainly at the all inclusive resorts and it's a State Department warning  

Wonder if these ladies were served any of the high test alcohol? Nah, they're just their usual drunken mess. 

• Love 4
On 7/23/2017 at 8:10 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I'll believe she is happy about busting her ass twice and flailing around in the shrubbery like a fool when she uses it as a marketing tool, ha. 

Your wish was her command :)

• Love 12

omg, that is hysterical!  LOL (that is an actual Bethenny Frankel-approved genuine LOL, too)

Has there ever been one of these Ho's who had a dollar dangled in front of her who was unwilling to scramble over broken glass to get her paws on it?   Seriously, I haven't seen such an tacky-ass money grab since Alex McCord tried to market those "Thug in a Cocktail Dress"  t-shirts. 

Not to nitpick, but isn't the saying "When you stumble make it part of the dance?"   But obviously that wouldn't have really worked in this case, though (Luann did a bit more than just "stumble") so she had to rework it.  Of course there is no way could she really print the truth, which is "when you get shit faced drunk and face plant in the shrubbery, try and figure out a way to make a buck off it."  Places like Cafe Press charged by the word and that would eat up all the profits! 

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Not to nitpick, but isn't the saying "When you stumble make it part of the dance?"   

Yep -- it's a play on words to fit her fall-- it's a gorgeous photo and I hope she makes a ton of money (and keeps embracing moments like this  -- her ass in the grass, not a stick in sight).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
(edited)

Only Luann could get drunk and fall into the shrubbery and still manage to take a beautiful picture.  The flowers were in bloom, face to the camera, nice lighting.  Has she ever taken a bad photograph?  Damn her and her perfect bone structure!

But if you took all the money Luann is going to make from this bag set, I doubt you could afford to buy a bottle of Skinnyswill.  Does anybody really want a bag with a picture of Luann in the bushes on it?   Then again, supposedly Dorinda is raking in money off her line of "Not Well Bitch" merchandise.   So I guess there are people out there who will buy this stuff.  I am thinking gag gifts for a bachelorette party or something ...

I confess I would not get the sads if Santa brought me a "GET A HOBBY!!!" coffee mug for Christmas, though! 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Only Luann could get drunk and fall into the shrubbery and still manage to take a beautiful picture.  The flowers were in bloom, face to the camera, nice lighting.  Has she ever taken a bad photograph?  Damn her and her perfect bone structure!

But if you took all the money Luann is going to make from this bag set, I doubt you could afford to buy a bottle of Skinnyswill.  Does anybody really want a bag with a picture of Luann in the bushes on it?   Then again, supposedly Dorinda is raking in money off her line of "Not Well Bitch" merchandise.   So I guess there are people out there who will buy this stuff.  I am thinking gag gifts for a bachelorette party or something ...

I confess I would not get the sads if Santa brought me a "GET A HOBBY!!!" coffee mug for Christmas, though! 

Heck, Bethenny has been shilling her "Get off my jock" and other bad sayings crap for years now, so I guess there IS money to be made selling them! There are a few HWs/former HWs that sell crap products with things they have said on their respective HW show. LOL

• Love 7

Haha, Lu!

There are lots of people just here in NYC alone who will buy those. I see "what are you doing here without Dorinda?" shirts all over the place, STILL.  It's a beautiful pic - I hope she gets it blown up and framed for her apartment. It'll be perfect for the "just dumped that cad and couldn't be happier" apartment that she'll have after Tom. 

• Love 10
On 7/29/2017 at 4:12 PM, Otherkate said:

Haha, Lu!

There are lots of people just here in NYC alone who will buy those. I see "what are you doing here without Dorinda?" shirts all over the place, STILL.  It's a beautiful pic - I hope she gets it blown up and framed for her apartment. It'll be perfect for the "just dumped that cad and couldn't be happier" apartment that she'll have after Tom. 

Already printing the housewarming invitations in my head.   A picture of her ringless left hand captioned underneath by:   picked the wrong guy, gave him the wrong finger.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, bagger said:

I Really like that Bethenny with all her money is still so excited when she sees the villa and stupid Ramona can only bitch about how tired and hungry she is ugh disgusting.

It looked like everyone other than Ramona and, to a lesser extent, Sonja, were impressed by the villa! 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

It looked like everyone other than Ramona and, to a lesser extent, Sonja, were impressed by the villa! 

Agreed! that enthusiasm for the things they get to do because of the show/wealth is still refreshing and shows that they're not all completely jaded.

• Love 7