Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Three Tequila…Floor!

• Start Topic

(edited)
15 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It is the Titanic and Bethanny mispoke.

No it's an old saying.  It's got nothing to do with the sinking.  It's because the Queen Mary is massive and throwing off a deck chair does nothing.  Here is an ecard from years back-

IMG_5238.PNG

This is also meant for below this quote.. my quote boxes are messed up!

1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

And the saying is "rearranging deck chairs" on the Titanic, not throwing them overboard, lol ... I don't know where she came up with that. 

If it wasn't so clear that she was talking about how futile it was for Ramona to bother applying makeup, I would have had no idea what she was talking about. 

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

They were all wasted but sick Bethenny who was trying to control the herd with glaring eyes and caustic words. You could tell they were wasted because they didn't even notice. It was just, "She's in a bad mood." hahahaha. 

Here is why it was so funny. In a truly non-cognitive brainstem kind of way. Ramona and Luann were walking along talking and trying to act like they weren't drunk. LuAnn is near a retaining wall, not a stairs. She thinks it's stairs. You watch the trainwreck. It was so funny I'm dying thinking about it. Even drunk outsted Ramona knew it wasn't stairs. As drunk and out of it as she was, she was, like, "Yep, you thought those were stairs!" It's just all too funny for words.  I think because it was all so real, the ladies just living in the moment and you didn't feel that they were worrying about storylines and that stuff. It made it extra good. 

Another-- though countless, thing that cracked me up, was when they were getting a tour of the rooms, and Bethenny is like, "yes, this is #1!" and then they saw the purses in there. Bethenny is like, "Remove those bags!" The poor manager didn't know what the hell to do. He's like, "I'll just put them here for now," like he's touching some white ladies bags. RIGHT!

It was absolutely hysterical!  Luann didn't get hurt so some people need to stop being so "uncool".  Most people have had drunk nights and stupid crap happens and you laugh about for years just remembering it.   Good times! 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, heatherchandler said:

No it's an old saying.  It's got nothing to do with the sinking.  It's because the Queen Mary is massive and throwing off a deck chair does nothing.  Here is an ecard from years back

Thanks! 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ichbin said:

I know it's fun to rag on Ramona, but as far as her giving orders to the staff, I'm pretty sure the things she was asking them to do are probably part of the duties they are there to  do anyway.  Also, staff gratuities are probably factored in to the overall cost of the rental.  It's not like housekeeping in a hotel when the rental comes with 24 hour staffing.  I remember reading about some villa rental that not only cleaned your clothes, but made sure it was all freshly laundered and packed for you upon departure.  Unpacking your bags and putting away your things is kind of standard in those situations too.  Even asking for the tea wasn't really out of line.    The staff is there to perform duties for the comfort of the guests.   Could she have been nicer?  Yeah, but a lot of people who are accustomed to paying someone to perform tasks for them don't feel the need to constantly say please and thank you as part of the deal.  

Yup

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

No it's an old saying.  It's got nothing to do with the sinking.  It's because the Queen Mary is massive and throwing off a deck chair does nothing.  Here is an ecard from years back-

IMG_5238.PNG

Well that's interesting ... I think you are right and that is what Bethenny meant to say.  It actually sounds familiar, now that you've posted that. The QE2 reference didn't make sense, but the Queen Mary was famous for being a big ass behemoth, so when you compare something to throwing a deck chair off her, it is basically a fat joke. 

I thought Beth was saying Ramona shouldn't bother with trying to put on makeup (akin rearranging deck chairs) on her horrible face because it was a hopeless disaster (akin to the sinking Titanic).  I think that makes sense in terms of what she was describing, but the Queen Mary thing makes sense, too (in the sense that her effort was futile).  Either way you look at it, Ramona and her lobster face is the brunt of the joke and that works for me! 

Thanks Heatherchandler

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, ichbin said:

http://www.lavidadulcemx.com/index.php/accommodations/

Check out the accommodations.  2 master suites, 1 kids room, 2 guest rooms, plus 3 additonal suites.  The place is set up to accommodate 18 adults plus an extra two children.  I suspect nonsense on the room shenanigans.

That's how they described the bedrooms on the show. Ramona wasn't going to be happy unless she got one of the master suites and those went to Bethany and Luanne.  She was bitching that she did not get a soaking tub.  

I doubt 24 hour staff typically come with that rental. Bravo probably paid extra for it. 

Edited by Lemons
  • Love 4
(edited)

Well, since Beth loves to 'correct' people: I think you meant the Titanic Beth.  The Titanic is a lot more clever.  I did find her amusing this episode but sometimes she still tries too hard.

Yep, the editing or whatever was strange when Lu and Doris left because Lu said dinner was in half an hour (and mentioning an early dinner) and then we have Beth come out to join Tinsley and Carole.  Then we have Beth in the dining room alone saying everyone is an hour and a half late.  Lu somehow managed to get loaded and who knows what happened to Doris.

As far as unpacking, etc. even on Below Deck, the crew is given a very generous tip and these charters cost far more than what these luxury resorts do.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  I do think Lu was right on WWHL when she said Ro is not a 'tipsy' girl.  The biggest thing that bothers me with her, and Sonja, is the way they treat employees.  I don't care if you're the CEO or you scrub the toilets, every person deserves respect.  You say please and you say thank you.  This is what makes these women so classless.  It may be their job but you're no better than them as a human being.  Sorry.  It just bugs me.  It's like the people who go into a dressing room and leave clothes all over the floor.  Someone is making minimum wage to clean your crap up.  Be a little more considerate.  My daughter worked for a short time part time in Kohl's while she was in school.  She couldn't believe what slobs people can be.  I'm the one who always puts everything back on the hanger perfectly and refolds the item on table perfectly.   People are just trying to make a living.  No one is that 'important' to be inconsiderate of other people. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Yep.  We've rented a lot of houses, and never ever has anyone unpacked our things.  That is not what they are there for.  

Same here.  A man would never unpack or come in or out of a woman's room.  Ramona is just an idiot.  LuAnn was on WWHL and someone asked if Ramona tipped well and Lu said she never tips, never gives gifts but always says she does.  That pisses me off.  How does Ramona go from being not invited to being a complete asshole?

47 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I thought it was a jacked up quote by Bethenny-QE2 should have been Titanic.

It's an idiom.  Like a 400 pound person who lost 20 pounds is like throwing a deckchair off the Queen Mary.

3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Drunk Lu is why I can't quit her.

Amen!

• Love 10
(edited)
19 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

So in essence Bethenny was being kind-it wasn't an all together hopeless situation it just would not make much of a difference.

Well, I don't think I'd feel someone was being kind if they said that to me -- but then, my new life goal is to learn to drink and fall as elegantly as Luann (Intemperance is learned!) so my moral compass is completely effed up right now :)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 18
10 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

So in essence Bethenny was being kind-it wasn't an all together hopeless situation it just would not make much of a difference.

Given that Ramona's face looked like it had been deep fried, I'd say yeah, Bethenny was being kind by suggesting there was no point to wearing make up ... I would have much less kindly suggested Ramona stay the hell home so that I wouldn't have to look at that mess and give herself a chance to heal.

I couldn't get over how  Ramona and Sonja looked during their love scene on the beach.  Why go to all that trouble with the treatments and the products and all the effort to do their makeup and style their hair, then shoot it all to hell in one lazy scene where they looked like escapees from Shady Pines?  Ramona actually looked frail.  It was the worst I had ever seen either one of them look. 

• Love 15

Ah, too many people to quote so screw it!

On the whole Ramona and how she treated the staff situation...  It was appalling. I don't care that they are paid staff. One, they have specific jobs. Yes, having a tea prepared at a certain time would fall under normal tasks. Same with the ice bucket and pinot. The unpacking would vary based on the listing and staff duties. However, how you treat the staff goes a long way. I have raised my kids that they pick up after themselves and always say please and thank you to the staff that help us out. Once again, my 5 year old is acting better than Ramona and Sonja and that is unacceptable. 

On the whole Lu being drunk thing...  This is a whole YMMV thing. Some people have no tolerance for drunk people, others do. Some people will find the humor in the situation, others won't. @Celia Rubenstein brought up a good point about Lu possibly cracking her skull open. I work with brain injuries and it only takes one incident for your life to be forever changed. There is a difference between being a little tipsy and being falling down drunk.  IMO, falling down drunk is NEVER ok or acceptable. 

3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Given that Ramona's face looked like it had been deep fried, I'd say yeah, Bethenny was being kind by suggesting there was no point to wearing make up ... I would have much less kindly suggested Ramona stay the hell home so that I wouldn't have to look at that mess and give herself a chance to heal.

I couldn't get over how  Ramona and Sonja looked during their love scene on the beach.  Why go to all that trouble with the treatments and the products and all the effort to do their makeup and style their hair, then shoot it all to hell in one lazy scene where they looked like escapees from Shady Pines?  Ramona actually looked frail.  It was the worst I had ever seen either one of them look. 

I'm still just trying to figure out what on earth Ramona was thinking getting a chemical peel done right before going to Mexico!  She has had enough work done on her face (hell, that thing has been overhauled a couple of times) that she knows how long it takes to heal from that!

• Love 13
(edited)

Bethenny:  The purpose of this trip is drinking.  And Luann can hold her alcohol.  But........ This is testing even the greatest of greats.

Tinsley:  Ramona SHUT THE FUCK UP

Ramona:  Tinsley, settle down.  You're like near hysteria?  You're going to end up in the hospital, or the psycho ward.

Carole (in a completely great mood after saying kiss and makeup): "I thought that was very productive"
Bethenny:  That was moronic

LOL

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 13
(edited)
21 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I work with brain injuries and it only takes one incident for your life to be forever changed. There is a difference between being a little tipsy and being falling down drunk.  IMO, falling down drunk is NEVER ok or acceptable. 

If this were a show presenting role models, I think being concerned about dire side effects would be absolutely appropriate, but given the reality tv context -- Luann handling being in her cups with more charm than I've ever seen in her when sober -- that made it seem like a remarkably fun moment, not a cause for concern.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
(edited)
16 hours ago, ghoulina said:

(Say what you will about Bethenny, but I noticed she was the only one to ask if Lu was okay when it was relayed that the woman fell.)

And where was Dorinda during all this? Terrified to leave her room in case Mesdames Singer and Morgan take it over behind her back. No joke. 

This whole crazy (and amazingly edited) episode did what I thought was never possible--appreciate Bethenny. She actually made great points throughout the hour, my favorite being that they were in a place that only few could possibly ever stay, and instead of appreciating it, RoSo were running around demanding things and insisting on the best for themselves (when it wasn't even their trip).

i kind of loved the countess remix on WWHL!

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 10

I must be in the minority because I LOVE shows like this!  Trashy yet rich people vacationing in gorgeous places.  Heck, I'd probably enjoy a show with Sonja,Ramona, and the O.C's Vicky, and Tamara all whoopin' it up together somewhere tropical and taking me out of my dreary life.  I don't want to be friends with them in real life and I certainly don't think the are 'cute', but it's fun to watch.  Am I the only one?

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, film noire said:

If this were a show presenting role models, I think being concerned about dire side effects would be absolutely appropriate, but given the reality tv context -- Luann handling being in her cups with more charm than I've ever seen in her when sober -- that made it seem like a remarkably fun moment, not a cause for concern.

Luann did not look to me like she was handling her cups with charm.  She looked to be so inebriated she was a danger to herself. 

Whether or not she is presented as a role model is beside the point.  The woman came within three inches of a concussion, a broken nose, knocked out front teeth, etc. Role model or not, that is cause for concern to me ... or at least reason enough to not find it a "remarkably fun moment." YMMV

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, film noire said:

That to me is why it is more of a YMMV situation than anything...  I see it and I just think of all the accidents that could happen. She could fall and crack her head open. She could have fallen backwards and had a C2 fracture if she caught the edge of the stone.  She could have gone upstairs to sleep on her back, vomited, and aspirated it into her lungs. But I also recognize that I have a low tolerance for any drinking (my husband and I both abstain) or drunk people. 

1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Luann did not look to me like she was handling her cups with charm.  She looked to be so inebriated she was a danger to herself. 

Whether or not she is presented as a role model is beside the point.  The woman came within three inches of a concussion, a broken nose, knocked out front teeth, etc. Role model or not, that is cause for concern to me ... or at least reason enough to not find it a "remarkably fun moment." YMMV

Dude, forget those. You are talking subdural hematoma, C2 fracture (also known as a hangman's fracture), aspiration pneumonia...  To me, excessive drinking doesn't have to be a chronic problem to be worrisome.  

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Or you could just trip over something and break something or hit your head.  Stuff can happen.   I'm just not that judgemental. 

Enh, to me being judgmental isn't a bad thing.  Everyone is judgmental about different things. People judge Carole for being skinny. People judge Ramona for how she treats the staff. People have judged Sonja for forever about her drinking. Etc etc etc. To me, the difference is the motivation behind the judgment. If it comes from a place of concern then it is ok (IMO, of course). I don't think people are saying Lu is a bad person for drinking. It is just that some of us don't find it enjoyable to watch because of the associated risk factors with being that drunk. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I get so angry - that is the most disgusting bullshit.  If you are sick, stay home!  I don't want your germs.  I hate people who travel when sick.  People on the train on my morning commute coughing and sneezing drives me crazy too.  You are not that important, wherever you are going can wait!

I think everyone would probably rather be in bed when they are sick vs. traveling for work, but unfortunately everyone doesn't have that luxury. My boss is awesome, but he doesn't give two shits about the other people I might make sick. He just wants me on the plane and I get on it because I need my job. And of course it sucks. I assume this is the same for most. In Bethenny's case, I don't think she had much choice either. Can you imagine if we would have learned while watching our TV's that she wasn't going to show for the trip because she was sick? 

• Love 17
8 hours ago, Wendy said:

No, they didn't 

John was a huge liability for Dorinda with his crass behavior, he was becoming Simon 2 so very conveniently Dorinda probably suggested that he doesn't film anymore,

He has had some cameo appearances but nothing like the previous season. 

Maybe Luann should consider the same approach for Tom. 

I AGREE, Thank you Wendy!?

• Love 2

Or you could just trip over something and break something or hit your head.  Stuff can happen.   I'm just not that judgemental. 

Agreed.  As others have mentioned, this is the first time in 9 years that we've seen Luann drunk.  She explained it on WWHL that she doesn't typically drink margaritas and after a long travel day and late dinner, she got a bit too drunk.  She was also the only one we saw swimming in the ocean and appeared to have spent part of the afternoon in the sun.  That can sneak up on you too.   Nice to see that she's a fun drunk and can laugh at herself about it.

• Love 19
(edited)

And where was Dorinda during all this? Terrified to leave her room in case Mesdames Singer and Morgan take it over behind her back. No joke. 

Before dinner, when they were all sitting out by the ocean, Dorinda said that she just wanted to go to sleep.  Then LuAnn helps her out of the chair and they head off to her room.  Dorinda looked unsteady to me when she got up out of the chair.  LuAnn had to help her up.  I think she had too much to drink and just needed to lie down.

4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

. In Bethenny's case, I don't think she had much choice either. Can you imagine if we would have learned while watching our TV's that she wasn't going to show for the trip because she was sick? 

She kept saying she had the flu.  If that were the case, she should've never boarded a plane and been around other people.  It didn't appear to me though that she had a case of the flu.  Looked like she had a cold.  Most people who have a true case of the flu wouldn't have the strength to go to the airport, board a plane, then stand around and drink a margarita.  Everybody I know who has had the flu looked and felt like death warmed over.

9 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Luann did not look to me like she was handling her cups with charm.  She looked to be so inebriated she was a danger to herself

I was worried she was about to fall in the pool and drown.  I've never seen LuAnn so shit faced.  None of them are doing their livers any favors either.  No judgment, just an observation. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

And the saying is "rearranging deck chairs" on the Titanic, not throwing them overboard, lol ... I don't know where she came up with that. 

If it wasn't so clear that she was talking about how futile it was for Ramona to bother applying makeup, I would have had no idea what she was talking about. 

Doi! That's right Celia, it's rearranging...not throwing over overboard.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I think she's desperate to find someone rich.  I know she has some BB&B line but I'd bet she isn't that well off.  Or she has enough money to maintain her current lifestyle but knows it won't last forever. I don't know what it is but i have second hand embarrassment for her. She's coming off as someone who will fuck anything that moves because she's "pushing forward with life."

I just don't believe the tears over being inconsiderate and ungrateful and gift-less when her tagline brings us back to her mugshot every time a show airs.

FYI: In the flashback, where Ramona talks about buying something for the hostess..they are at the Dressed to Kilt Fashion Show. Luann has a green duster on top of her dress..

3C96154C00000578-4167692-Ladies_night_Ra

• Love 5
11 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

sonja has become tackier every season and the tackiest was her burlesque season.  i can take ramona over sonja.  i feel as if i would catch something from sonja and her grey gardens.

I said it from the jump of Luann being involved with Tom, Sonja was the one she had to watch out for. She carried that through the entire season and I believe she is the one who did most interviews off the show about Tom. Even this season, bringing up Tom while she was getting lasered.

RHONY-Recap-07.12.2017-sonja-getting-vag

Technician: Ma’am, there’s a Blackberry in here. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

That to me is why it is more of a YMMV situation than anything...  I see it and I just think of all the accidents that could happen. She could fall and crack her head open. She could have fallen backwards and had a C2 fracture if she caught the edge of the stone.  She could have gone upstairs to sleep on her back, vomited, and aspirated it into her lungs. But I also recognize that I have a low tolerance for any drinking (my husband and I both abstain) or drunk people. 

Dude, forget those. You are talking subdural hematoma, C2 fracture (also known as a hangman's fracture), aspiration pneumonia...  To me, excessive drinking doesn't have to be a chronic problem to be worrisome.  

You and Celia are right -- it could have taken a very tragic turn.  And it really doesn't matter how elegant or hilarious you look while your brain is bleeding.  I'm sure there are some families out there who are living with the lifelong consequences of a drunken fall., and that's not funny at all. Point taken.

• Love 13

And Ramona -- she gets her face sandblasted or lasered so she'll look good. But if she's so concerned about looking good, it's funny she shows up looking like that on tv.  She doesn't make a ton on sense.

• Love 11

tumblr_otd1gpphk81ql5yr7o1_500.gif

No, Sonja .... don't believe there are pirates here but I expect to find a Matador ... I get to charge

a-head first .... since I just got married, that's the least you should do for me ... you are #2 again. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Sai said:

I remember reading that the NY housewives were boring this season and they didn't even have enough good materiel to make a full season worth of episodes.  Are you kidding me.  Are you kidding me!! (TM...Ramona, lol) I've never enjoyed a season of any housewives franchise more than this one.  These girls are bringing it!  I have never laughed so hard watching these shows as I have for this season's NY housewives.   Hysterical!

are-you-fucking-kidding-me-ramona-rhony.

A side note: The reason Dorinda refused to share the Jack & Jill with Dragonya was mainly because she didn't want to see anymore of her wardrobe being worn by Sonja with a Jerky J

• Love 12

I agree that despite all the dysfunction and bizarre behavior, this franchise of Real Housewives still offers the most entertainment. These characters, though, I don't like them all, still provide the most authentic and relatable cast of them all, imo.  I also think they may be the most educated.  Don't laugh......but, I'll have to do my research, but, most of these ladies do have college degrees, right?  I'm not sure why that matters, but, I'm just trying to figure out why they may be more amusing.  Maybe, they are just more dysfunctional.....but, no, Atlanta takes that. So, nevermind. lol  

• Love 7

When they all were arguing about the "rooms", I got thrown off when Bethenny said Luann had the worst room when she slept next to the naked guy. I thought that was Carole & Heather.

Bethenny also said something about having the same system for blowouts and massages? Are they going to have a spa day?

• Love 2

I got thrown off when Bethenny said Luann had the worst room when she slept next to the naked guy.

She said the strange guy used her bathroom.  I know this because I watched the episode twice.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I call bullshit on she wants back in to "high society". If this was true she'd ask her alleged BFF ex-husband for some support.

Agreed.  Sonja keeps trying to say that she is introducing Tinsley into high society, but we've seen Sonja get all pissed off because Tinsley is going out with her friends.  I don't think Tinsley needs any help from Sonja.  She was married to a prominent family and has moved in those circles for years.  Sonja is just full of BS and jealousy.  I really hate the way she has treated Tinsley.

• Love 15

Late to the party.  I just started the episode, but...wow.  I am exhausted after watching The Great Room Battle of 2017.  I honestly would have told those crusty old broads to get the fuck out of my room.  What a horrid bunch of spoiled bitches. 

Ramona--who the hell gets a chemical peel right before they go to the beach??? She looked like shit. 

Bethenny--I surprisingly didn't hate her this episode and I generally hate her all the time. She really was on point with everything she said about R & S. 

I cannot believe they were 90 minutes later for dinner.  How incredibly rude of all of them.  

Points to Tinsley and speaking for all of us when she said, "Ramona, shut the fuck up." 

LOL...Lu was wasted.  I've been Lu at times complete with falling in bushes.  

"I avoid the press like a lee."  Uh....what Ro? 

• Love 16
9 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I'm still just trying to figure out what on earth Ramona was thinking getting a chemical peel done right before going to Mexico!  She has had enough work done on her face (hell, that thing has been overhauled a couple of times) that she knows how long it takes to heal from that!

Obviously she missed the Sex and the City episode where Samantha gets a peel right before Carrie's book launch.

1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

Even if a place accommodates unpacking and packing a guest's suitcase, why in the world would you want them to? Considering you dress yourself, don't you want to know where you put all of your things? And when you're packing up to leave don't you want to see what you're putting in your suitcase so that you'll know if you're forgetting anything? At most, I understand asking them or allowing them to assist with carrying your luggage in but even that, regardless of the fact that it's their job, it should be accompanied with 'please' and 'thank you'. Someone being paid to do something isn't a pass for someone to disregard their manners and doesn't mean that that service provider isn't worthy of your manners because 'it's their job'. Ramona is obnoxious and if luxury life means that you really think others are at your beck and call for every little thing, well then I guess the Coutness had a point when she said that money can't buy you class, haha.

Excellent!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Ah, too many people to quote so screw it!

On the whole Ramona and how she treated the staff situation...  It was appalling. I don't care that they are paid staff. One, they have specific jobs. Yes, having a tea prepared at a certain time would fall under normal tasks. Same with the ice bucket and pinot. The unpacking would vary based on the listing and staff duties. However, how you treat the staff goes a long way. I have raised my kids that they pick up after themselves and always say please and thank you to the staff that help us out. Once again, my 5 year old is acting better than Ramona and Sonja and that is unacceptable. 

On the whole Lu being drunk thing...  This is a whole YMMV thing. Some people have no tolerance for drunk people, others do. Some people will find the humor in the situation, others won't. @Celia Rubenstein brought up a good point about Lu possibly cracking her skull open. I work with brain injuries and it only takes one incident for your life to be forever changed. There is a difference between being a little tipsy and being falling down drunk.  IMO, falling down drunk is NEVER ok or acceptable. 

I am someone that has long term issues/damage from severe head trauma and once I saw Luann was Ok, I laughed. Yes, she could have been hurt badly but she wasn't, but I do understand why you feel the way you do.

As for Ramona, I suspect that she didn't know for sure if she was going on the trip. I suspect production didn't tell her until the last minute and I think production knew she had the chemical peel before they told her. In fact, I can see them filming the peel then giving her the OK. LOL I suspect that even production wants Ramona gone.

1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

Even if a place accommodates unpacking and packing a guest's suitcase, why in the world would you want them to? Considering you dress yourself, don't you want to know where you put all of your things? And when you're packing up to leave don't you want to see what you're putting in your suitcase so that you'll know if you're forgetting anything? At most, I understand asking them or allowing them to assist with carrying your luggage in but even that, regardless of the fact that it's their job, it should be accompanied with 'please' and 'thank you'. Someone being paid to do something isn't a pass for someone to disregard their manners and doesn't mean that that service provider isn't worthy of your manners because 'it's their job'. Ramona is obnoxious and if luxury life means that you really think others are at your beck and call for every little thing, well then I guess the Coutness had a point when she said that money can't buy you class, haha.

Also, something else I hadn't pointed out before, but I am thoroughly impressed with the way that Luann, Carole and Bethenny are able to co-exist despite their differences and the understanding that they aren't friends. They are still courteous and friendly with one another and while it took some time to get there, it's possible because each understands the other's position and accepts it. Ramona is hung up with thinking that she's a great friend to everyone but she can't move past things because she not only constantly puts her foot in her mouth but she won't settle for simply being courteous with someone - she wants everyone to acknowledge her as a friend.

Like Vicki G (OC), Ramona considers herself the OG but of the NY show and expects preferential treatment because of it. Everyone is to keep her informed of everything, get her approval and most importantly, forgive her when she acts badly. And just like Vicki, she is wrong! LOL

• Love 17
14 hours ago, QuinnM said:

No and no.  Gratuities are separate.  Part of the duties have never included unpacking, unless its a ship or advertised as a private butler.  Normal actually was walking the drunk guest back to the room.  You tip and then you tip extra if you needed more that the normal.  Like tea twice a day.  Like an escort to your room.  Like keeping someone awake until 1 am making margaritas.  I doubt any of the staff there had someone tell them to unpack.  

If you stay at a high end private villas, yes you can ask them to unpack.   I have had someone unpack for me, it was nice.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ellee said:

tumblr_otd9iuE6ol1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

...They will never see me here .... who said I was bush league ....

Ellee, do you by chance have a gif of LuAnn with one leg in the air while still in the bushes? That was the visual that made me laugh 'til my stomach hurt.

• Love 7