Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Three Tequila…Floor!

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, HahYallDoin said:

I assumed Bethenny meant Gabon, as in a species of monkey. 

I thought she was making the point that they aren't wild monkeys, swinging from the vines and peeing on 'intruders' to mark their territory. 

I don't know that I'm correct but that's my best guess. 

Ooh ok that makes sense!!! My closed captions said gavone. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I don't think they are mentally ill either.

This!

So many of us everyday people try to be kind in explaining away vile behavior by wondering if drugs or personality disorders are at play. In many cases, the badly behaving individuals are simply that: bad.

• Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

In a past season Luann hosted a trip to Morocco, I think, and someone was late for dinner.  Luann royally went off on them saying they weren't at a hotel and I'm not sure they were even allowed to eat.  So now she doesn't bother showing up on time either?  

Luann even said it herself MONEY CAN'T BUY YOU CLASS????

Edited by Yolo
  • Love 8
Just now, Bronzedog said:

In a past season Luann hosted a trip to Morocco, I think, and someone was late for dinner.  Luann royally went off on them saying they weren't at a hotel and I'm not sure they were even allowed to eat.  So now she doesn't bother showing up on time either?  

I am getting the impression there was something off with the dinner time.  For all seven to be at least 90 minutes late-sounds off.  Luann did scold Sonja and Ramona about being late and I believe they had gone into town and had food delivered to their rooms.  I felt for Bethenny because she was not feeling well.  Luann apparently had found her way to an open bar as she arrived toasted.  It seemed kind of disconnected but the scenes were well worth waiting for.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, diadochokinesis said:

2) On your Carole and eating point...  It is skinny shaming and for some reason, people find it ok to do it. People recognize that you shouldn't fat shame but yet they will shame the crap out of skinny people. I'm built like Carole and I heard all the time about how I must be anorexic, I need to eat more, etc. Carole eats. She is a very proud lover of junk food. And what the hell with the excuse that they need to be close to the kitchen so Ramona can make Sonja's tea when 2 minutes later she was giving the staff instructions on how to make it???

My step-mother is built a lot like Carole. She eats. I've seen her. I won't lie and say I'm not a little jealous at her ability to eat without gaining weight, but then she'll wish she had more curves. We all need to stop being so hard on each other!!!

And yea, Ramona ain't making nobody any damn tea! She just wants to find a reason to get what they perceive to be a "better" room. Sonja's been on for, what? Seven years now? All those trips and this is the first I've heard mention of looney toons making her any tea. Complete and utter BULLSHIT. 

21 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I'm giving a side eye to everyone being 1.5 hours late for dinner.  Carole and Lu are pretty prompt, and neither said a word about being late.

I thought Carole was kind of known for being late? At the dinner much earlier this season, when Ramona brought up Brynn and waterbed sex, wasn't Carole late and B called her out? 

22 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

How in the hell did Mario stand Ramona's grating voice and attitude for so long?

He just zoned out and ogled other women's breasts as they walked by. 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I am getting the impression there was something off with the dinner time.  For all seven to be at least 90 minutes late-sounds off.  Luann did scold Sonja and Ramona about being late and I believe they had gone into town and had food delivered to their rooms.  I felt for Bethenny because she was not feeling well.  Luann apparently had found her way to an open bar as she arrived toasted.  It seemed kind of disconnected but the scenes were well worth waiting for.

Yeah, that 1.5 hours late did not make sense.  

Oh, I hope there is a hidden footage special with it all being the Mexico trip.

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Yolo said:

Maybe I shouldn't have used the term mentally ill. My point is something's definitely wrong with a person(RAMONA & SONJA) that chooses to act the way that they do. That's all!!

I think you used it just fine.  What's "wrong" with R & J is that it's easier for them to be self-centered, arrogant and demanding. That attitude is expected in a very young child who has not learned to be kind, to share, to appreciate what they have, and not act ruthlessly to get what they want.  They choose daily to act like this. 

As I see it, of course.

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • Love 6
(edited)
26 minutes ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

I think you used it just fine.  What's "wrong" with R & J is that it's easier for them to be self-centered, arrogant and demanding. That attitude is expected in a very young child who has not learned to be kind, to share, to appreciate what they have, and not act ruthlessly to get what they want.  They choose daily to act like this. 

Well said, thank you!? Could you imagine hanging around that during a vacation??

Edited by Yolo
  • Love 1

Ok so I'm on my about 87th viewing of this episode cause I don't have shit else to do today.

Im on the road and saw just the once with the air con at 10000 decibels. Can't wait to get home and just eat it up on the TiVo. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I can’t believe what I just saw and going to watch it over and over and over…

Tins, I don’t have the time to deal with your non problem problems.  There are a lot worse things than being called inconsiderate in Page 6.  If you gonna compete for screen time and storylines with the big dawgs – Beth, Lu, Moana, and Sonja you need to bring more to my screen.  But kudos for turning a 5 day date into a paying gig (if the coupon commercial is from that guy’s company).

YAAAAASSSSSS COUNTESSSS.  I could watch you fall down for hours.  I can hear her the next day.

“C’mon guys be in a bush, Don’t be like all UN in a bush”.  I wonder if she overindulged because she was stressed about living Tom alone unattended…

Ramona was disgusting (face peel aside) from the jump.  Who walks into that beautiful resort and immediately start drama.  Good for B for taking charge with the room situation and calling Moana on her behavior.  If I was Dorinda I would have grabbed Ramona by her hair, pulled her off MY BED  and threw her out of my room.   No, Ramona, money doesn’t allow you to treat people in a demeaning fashion.  I don’t care if you are a good tipper, which I doubt.  How she treats staff on these excursions makes my skin crawl in general but more so when the staff happen to be people of color. 

The balloon moment between Carole and Dorinda was hilarious and a genuinely fun moment between friends.  Carole had me cracking up with her reactions from the head jerk when Dorinda threw her pelvis in her face demonstrating how you play the balloon game to the physical reaction when D started humping her to pop the balloon and the kicker was Carole’s WTF talking head cutaway. I was near tears LOL

Edited by NYCNJbear06
  • Love 18
(edited)
2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Thanks!!

My kids are early 30's.

Carole does have a very effortless style.  It's not everyone's taste, but she wears it well.

Loved her swimsuit top.

Someone on IG asked Carole about the grey top she was wearing when they arrived in Mexico. She said it's from lnaclothing.com. Thankfully, I've talked myself out of dropping $86 on a cotton tank. ;)

34 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Because he's an asshole, too. 

Water does seek its own level, after all.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, escatefromny said:

"Gavone" is NY Italian slang for low class.  The origin is from an old, no longer used Italian word that got bastardized over the years by the Southern Italian immigrants who settled in New York. (As old French has been bastardized in Canada).  The original word for low class begins with a "c" but like the NY pronounciation of capicole (a meat) it is changed to a "g" sound in NY/Italian dialect.

I see. I guess I don't want to say it then. I live in Maryland and would have to repeat your post everytime I said it to someone. ?

Thanks for the explanation!

• Love 5
15 hours ago, nexxie said:

I could stay in a house with Ramona and Sonja for about three minutes!

You've got me beat by two and a half minutes because I don't think I could last 30 seconds with those shrill harpies.  What an embarrassment.  Sonja, if you say your daughter would NEVER act that way, maybe that's a sign?  

I really don't understand what the deal is with racing to find rooms.  There are plenty for everyone and who cares?  They are at a gorgeous resort.  IMO, whoever planned or "planned" the trip should get first dibs and then the lottery system works fine.  Like Bethenny said, they weren't moving or leaving their apartments.  It's a vacation.  Jesus.

Why exactly why Tinsley bawling like a junior high schooler?  Too much tequila?   So Page Six claims she's a poor houseguest . . . BFD.  Am I missing something?  Who cares what Page Six says?  Tinsley, maybe this is your sign to move out.  And you took a trip to Miami with someone you met the night before?  Are you crazy?  

Whoever sold Carole that outfit should be fired.  WTF was she thinking?  The sheer shower curtain would be okay if she were wearing an actual outfit under it but not a bra top and pants.  Very unforgiving on the midsection.  And can someone please tell her the it's a hollow leg, not a wooden leg?  

Drunk LuAnn gave me life.  Seeing her fall in the bushes with one leg up, while she was laughing, was freaking hysterical.  One thing I will say for LuAnn is that she is, at least, a happy drunk.  Falling down the stairs, though, could have been bad.  She's lucky she didn't get hurt since she went right down on tile there. Ouch.

I normally find Ramona entertaining but she was really terrible, between attempting to guilt-hijack Dorinda's room and then instructing the resort staff to unpack her clothing, have her Earl Grey tea with milk at precisely 6 am, make sure the ice buckets were full, etc.  Seriously, girl.  You do all that stuff at home yourself and your arms do not appear to be broken.  Yet.  So do it your damn self.

I agree that Bethenny's comment about blowing Simon for a Slurpee was hilarious.  She annoys me sometimes but she is good with the barbs.  Carry on. 

• Love 18
40 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Ok so I'm on my about 87th viewing of this episode cause I don't have shit else to do today.

I need to know what a gavone animal is. I googled, but I am still unsure. Please help! I'd love to start saying it.

From the way my Italian work wife says it (with a 4 fingers touching her thumb gesture), I thought it meant food vulture, like you greedy bastard, you.   I'll use in a sentence (hers) please Alex:  you think these effing gavones (our coworkers) could leave one wheat roll on the tray (palette of free food the rest of us descend upon after a catered conference room meeting).  That's what I thought, but I've never asked.  

Stevie B. has some thoughts.

eta @escatefromny I just saw your post.  Makes way more sense lol.

• Love 23
5 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

From the way my Italian work wife says it (with a 4 fingers touching her thumb gesture), I thought it meant food vulture, like you greedy bastard, you.   I'll use in a sentence (hers) please Alex:  you think these effing gavones (our coworkers) could leave one wheat roll on the tray (palette of free food the rest of us descend upon after a catered conference room meeting).  That's what I thought, but I've never asked.  

Stevie B. has some thoughts.

eta @escatefromny I just saw your post.  Makes way more sense lol.

Thanks for posting the hilarious YouTube video.  Using "gavone" to describe the behavior of a pig is a very common usage.  Using it to describe the behavior of Moaner and Sonja was spot on.  They were absolutely behaving like "gavones".

Go ahead @WhoaWhoKnew try it out - even in Maryland - if the "gavone" in question has seen an episode of the Sopranos they'll probably get the meaning :)

• Love 10

Gavone means to be gluttonous or like a pig in the Italian culture. I come from a huge Italian family and my guy tells me She probably did say gavone. Those two were acting like ungrateful pigs so it makes sense. 

Secondly, I never loved Luann until tonight. Omg. The best to see her like that! She should let loose more often!

• Love 12
15 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Carole is wearing her underwear and the shower curtain to dinner.

God what a horrible outfit!, and she was wearing converse tennis shoes with it!!!!!

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I need to know what a gavone animal is. I googled, but I am still unsure. Please help! I'd love to start saying it.

I think it's the Americanized version of the Italian slang word "cafone", which loosely translated, means greedy pig.  

(I may have heard it on The Sopranos, too)   ;-)

ETA - whoops - @escatefromny beat me to it.  This forum moves fast!

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 15
54 minutes ago, HahYallDoin said:

I assumed Bethenny meant Gabon, as in a species of monkey. 

I thought she was making the point that they aren't wild monkeys, swinging from the vines and peeing on 'intruders' to mark their territory. 

I don't know that I'm correct but that's my best guess. 

Stop being such a gavone. jk

You're thinking of a gibbon. It's a small ape native to southeast Asia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibbon?wprov=sfla1

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Which is why I don't believe the 1.5 hours late for dinner.  Lu even left the beach to get ready on time.

• Love 9
(edited)
17 hours ago, Pickles said:

What is that outfit Carole has on?? Hideous. 

Ramona is so rude to the staff! Telling them to unpack her things. She is not in the mood to unpack herself. All of the orders about tea, ice buckets, etc. She is so obnoxious.

Bethenny looks ill, just from being so, so skinny.

I am one that usually thinks Carole looks cute but I saw that and thought WTF?  

I was hoping B would come in while R was bossing around those very sweet staff and tell her to knock it off, the staff are for everyone not your personal servants.

The Page 6 stuff was lame and I am glad T called them on it because she had a valid reason to be steamed.  BUT that tantrum like a 5 year old when she got up from the table and the whining?  Take off your little girl ruffly underpants, put on your big girl underpants and act like an angry adult.  Not a child who just got told its time to go home from the park.  It is really unattractive seeing a grown ass woman acting like a small bratty child.  Coupon dude?  This is how she will fight with you when she doesn't get her way.  THAT said, I am glad she stuck to her guns and  kept the good room.

Luann.  WOW!  I want to know what happened between the time she said dinner was in 30 minutes and when she showed up for dinner.  She seemed at least semi sober after her ocean swim but damn!  I don't think we have ever seen her so wasted.  She fell 2X and teetered a 3rd time before that poor harassed staff member walked her back to her room.  He must have been dodging Ramona when he came upon Lu.  HA!  That was something.  

B always seems to try and be very fair with these trips she just expects manners from the others.  Unfortunately that never happens.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 17
56 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Why exactly why Tinsley bawling like a junior high schooler?  Too much tequila?   So Page Six claims she's a poor houseguest . . . BFD.  Am I missing something?  Who cares what Page Six says?  Tinsley, maybe this is your sign to move out.  And you took a trip to Miami with someone you met the night before?  Are you crazy?    

Drunk LuAnn gave me life.  Seeing her fall in the bushes with one leg up, while she was laughing, was freaking hysterical.  One thing I will say for LuAnn is that she is, at least, a happy drunk.  Falling down the stairs, though, could have been bad.  She's lucky she didn't get hurt since she went right down on tile there. Ouch.

Tinsley was already drunk, but her issue is that she's hoping to re-enter actual high society once she's done with the Housewives.

The thing that saved LuAnn from really hurting herself is that she was so unbelievably drunk that she couldn't tense up as she was falling. One of my law school classmates was black out drunk. He was on the roof of his building. He pried open the elevator shaft and fell 11 stories. He landed on the elevator. He survived and has a slight limp. He was too drunk to react to falling. Being drunk saved his life.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

"I'd blow Simon Van Kempen for a slurpee right now" is the funniest thing ever said on this show. Dorinda saying "What happened to them?" is the second funniest.

HA!  I didn't hear that, when was that said?  

16 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Why do Ramona and Sonja think they are cute? Perhaps if I too start ingesting copious amounts of Adderall my self-esteem will increase exponentially.  

They are on something, it has to be adderall.  There is no way their behavior is not chemically induced.

16 hours ago, PumpkinPK said:

People who get on planes with a bad flu and expose so many thousands of people to their illness are the worst.

I get so angry - that is the most disgusting bullshit.  If you are sick, stay home!  I don't want your germs.  I hate people who travel when sick.  People on the train on my morning commute coughing and sneezing drives me crazy too.  You are not that important, wherever you are going can wait!

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Can you imagine them fighting over the seating arrangements for the life rafts on the Titanic???

hahahahahahah comment of the year 

This is some awesome fanfiction waiting to happen, seriously.  Someone should write this

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

HA!  I didn't hear that, when was that said?  

She said it in the car ride from the airport to the house, right after Carole said she wanted Taco Bell. LOL

• Love 5

Seems like there will be more it next week (for better or worse) but Tinsley did kind of get the short shrift on the whole Page 6 story.  I don't condone her delivery but can appreciate she'd be upset with the negative press.  

I would have like to have seen Tinsley more results oriented, i.e. Insist that Sonja (who apparently has a line to the Page 6 editors) call immediately to contradict the report.  It hadn't been published yet.

For all the talk about "gifts" and being appreciative, why didn't Sonja acknowledge the thoughtful cover-up and high end sun products (a brand that Sonja gushed over) that Tinsley gave her before the trip??

• Love 13
(edited)

Kept thinking of Samantha every time Ramona appeared in that hat:

sam.jpg

Bethenny and Luann take top honours for style at the dinner, imo: Bethenny looked fantastic -- very Spanish influenced look -- and Lu picked the right outfit for falling into flowers :) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 19
12 hours ago, film noire said:

Why? (Genuinely asking, not snarking.)  

Because I thought it was her single greatest moment as a housewife; she dove into that rosebush and kept smiling like a Pearl Drops toothpaste commercial, relaxing into an actual bed of roses, one leg up like my dog when she's too tired to stretch more than one limb (or a dying cockroach) and then did it all over again, with even less concern, on hard-as rock pavement. Just entertaining as hell, because she pulled it off so naturally -- and if I ever get drunk enough to fall, I want to look like Luann when I do it; totally fucking unconcerned, and in the perfect outfit for a fall on a lovely Mexican evening (no random crotch sightings or awkward thigh shots). And yet still truly madly deeply drunk, completely shitfaced, sloshed, plastered -- and literally feeling no pain -- she might be some kind of royalty after all. (Drunk Mad King Ludwig royalty,  but still -- she deserves some kind of crown for pulling that off.)

It *was* amazing --  she thinks she's Princess Grace of Monaco when she's really Auntie Mame (with a better figure and worse jewelry) -- wish she knew that about herself.

This just might be my favorite post of all time, it's practically Homeric.

And for me, I have found Luann almost unbearable to watch over the last year, but the way she handled herself tonight actually endeared her to me again. You've heard the saying, that a drunk (wo)man's words are a sober (wo)man's thoughts? Well, maybe there is a humorous, affable genuine woman under that snooty veneer after all.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

To be fair, I don't know if I would take etiquette lessons from Luann as she is the one who always walks out before the bill gets to the table.

Burn.  You have that right!

• Love 5
12 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

If I was ever on RHONY, I would have to flat out refuse to ever vacation with Ramona and Sonja. I have 2 of my own children. I'm not going to vacation with those 2. I loved B bringing out the numbers in a bowl to pick rooms. If you act like children then you will be treated like children. I was worried at first though that they would wind up with a high number so I was ecstatic when they got the last 2 numbers. Then when they started in on Tins, Dorinda, and Carole about the room situation, I was just hoping that the three ladies would hold up. They view those 3 as weaker and target them. I wouldn't have waited as long as Dorinda nor would I have given a warning. I would have picked up their bags and chucked them over the balcony. 

Carole's dress at dinner is very on trend. It isn't something I would wear but it is actually considered a fashionable thing. I keep hoping the sheer trend will die out soon but nope.

Did anyone else wonder if Bethenny did something to the slips in the bowl to make sure that they got the lowest numbers, for a hoot (not that she really did)? I sure would have, under the circumstances.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Guess different strokes.  Just made me sad looking at an older lady falling down drunk & sloshing her words.  

I'd take fun, falling-down drunk Lu over mean, miserable, LOUD AF drunk Dorinda any day.  I just can't with Dorinduh.

Aside from her generosity toward her guests while entertaining, imo, she's every bit as base and obnoxious as Ramona and Sonja.  Trifecta of Tawdry. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Sonoma said:

What the fuck is a "lee"? Did Ramona say she avoids the press like a lee? Or alee? Like Ali? I'm seriously perplexed and curious. What a dumb tw@t.

Did someone catch what she said and can you transcribe for me please?

Ramona herself was confused.  When she finished, her brow furrowed and her head cocked to the side in contemplation of her words.  It was hilarious.

Ramona was horrible in this episode, but I found her strangely sweet when handling Lu's second fall.  She excused it away as an understandable fall, went to help, and even stroked Lu's cheek.  Does Ramona get nicer when she drinks?

• Love 13

So the last few episodes of NY have been so good that I didn't want them to end.  Seriously.  This cast is Bravo GOLD.

Someone needs to explain to me how the person WHO WASN'T EVEN INVITED makes the biggest stink about rooms.   And then proceeds to be completely disrespectful at dinner when Lu thanked B for arranging the trip.  She flat-out refused to give B any credit for the Mexico vacation despite the fact that we watched her sweating bullets awaiting an invitation.  Okaaaaay.

And her cheese-less pizza face?  So gross.  HD TVs are good for TDs and gorgeous travel shows---Ramona's weeping, peeling face?  Not so much.  How did Sonja tolerate her leaning in for a kiss??

And speaking of Sonja...

What happened to the Scary Island Sonja who showed up to dinner looking quite lovely---costume jewelry, hairpiece and all?  What was she wearing to dinner? Those ridiculous colors with those tropical birds. And her hair.  WTF???

I want this season to go on and on forever.

• Love 19

Ramona - let me list the untruths you told during this episode:

1.  "I treat the staff well."  That was unmasked the minute you snapped your fingers and never uttered the word "please" once.  I don't care how much you tip.  

2.  "I am a good person."  No, no, you're not.  A good person sees the fairness in drawing numbers for room selection and doesn't act like a five-year-old being told "No" at Toys-R-Us.  Also, see #1 about snapping fingers at staff members.

3.  "I see the good in everybody."  I take issue with this since you never seem to comment on it, instead focusing what appears to be your limited attention span on people's faults and failures.

I am only sorry that Bravo has dismantled comments for the Ho-Wife blogs, because I imagine The Blonde Butternuts would be getting a figurative earful this morning.

And kudos to Beth for thinking up the number draw.  

• Love 16

IMO, new writers are needed for this so-called unscripted show - how many more times will Ramona & Sonja (& numerous other "wives" on other franchises) begin their vacay by quarreling over the rooms? Or Ramona treat the employees like slaves (ala Lisa Vanderpump & handmaiden Rocio (sp?)), or the big event be menopausal drunkenness (tho' glad Dorinda got a break this time - poor Luanne's falls looked dangerous as well as amusing.)  Not for a minute do I believe most of that nonsensical behavior is genuine. Bethenny's "quip" about the pointlessness of "throwing a deck chair off the QE2" is witty?  Doesn't she mean the Titanic??  The QE2 is in dry dock in Dubai apparently, whereas Tite is at the bottom of the Atlantic, last I heard.

• Love 5

I have to give the NY hoes credit, they actually dress appropriately to fly. Every single one of them was wearing flats or sneakers, Contrast that with the BH bitches with their skin tight pants and hobbling around on stilettos while getting on a plane.

Oh but the fashion choices some of these bitchez make. WTF was Carole wearing to dinner? It looked like she went and bought a sheer curtain and wrapped it around her underwear. Sonja and Ramona were going for "island chic" in their blinding neons. Tinsley looks like a pehophile's adult dream come true, with her Hollie Hobbie dresses. All she needs is pigtails. 

I have to give it to Lu, as much as she  drives me crazy, she always looks appropriate and chic. I  loved that jumpsuit.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

That pic is everything!!!

Bethenny's "I'd blow Simon Van Kempen for a slurpee right now" had me rolling!!  

Was this her take on the Sean Spicer shrub incident?

• Love 4

I believe some of Tinsley angst about Page 6 is due to her trying to put a horrible experience behind her.  She was written up in regard to the Palm Beach incident many times and I think having another negative story was upsetting to her.  I also think she had been drinking, just like most of them.  I also think living with Sonja has been so frustrating and sitting there while Sonja and Ramona ganged up on her and refused to listen to her at all factored in to her being upset.  I wonder if she didn't move from Sonja's place because of production and has been trying to keep that fourth wall up to stay in their good graces.  Anyway, with what she has been through, plus the frustration of dealing with Sonja and her mean girl act, I can give Tinsley a pass on being upset. 

• Love 15