Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: "The Great DIvide"

• Start Topic

On July 10, 2017 at 11:33 PM, njbchlover said:

Kelly is still horrible!  Did anyone else catch that terrible "joke" she told her mother?  Where does she dig this stuff up - is there a website for old jokes {told by bad comics} that were acceptable in the Catskills in the '60's?  

I was kind of hoping for a redemption season (as sometimes happens), but it seems like she's worse than she was last season.  I don't know how much more of this I'll be able to watch.  That upsets me, because I have faithfully watched every season on this show, from Day One.

Kelly's one redeeming quality for me, was that she was going to unleash the crazy on Tamra. Now I read that she was stupidly persuaded to be Tamra's friend. If that's the case, I don't need her around. 

• Love 7
(edited)
58 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I'm more familiar with the Army system since that is my husband's branch. He's a FGO and has outprocessed tons of people (both medical discharges and medical retirements). I don't have him with me to answer questions so I'm just speaking off what I know. 

On the PTSD front... I hate to say it but it is common now to claim PTSD for the 40%. I don't know anybody that has had it denied on the Army side. I know 2 guys that claimed it that were never even deployed and got the 40%. There are soldiers out there that automatically claim it to bump up their rating. 

On the Army side, it is a process to medically discharge or retire. They will often try to reclass you to a different MOS (so, Ryan might have been reclassed as a Quartermaster instead of Infantry). There are also WTUs (Warrior Transition Units) that he would have gone into. One of my husband's old classmates is a double amputee and he continued to serve for around 8 years before he retired. Another classmate is blind from an IED and still serving. So, an injury doesn't even necessarily mean that you are medically discharged or retired. 

Ah, well yes,  agreed.I think we are stuck on semantics. All branches will try that. You're not really "in" the process of a discharge if they are trying to change your MOS though . I mean they invested money in you so they want to keep you if they can. I feel like that may be what the Marines are doing with Ryan.. He wants out on a medical discharge but the Marines don't want to let him go.  With me... Trust me, they wanted me out. I was HIV positive and it was 1990. There was no possibility they would change my MOS. I went right to the formal discharge process. Sounds like Ryan  did not. I think it was you who made the first response saying that maybe they didn't want to discharge him. That may well be true. 

Re PTSD.  The military side seems pretty quick to recognize, rate and discharge for it. It's the VA side where it gets hard. I know more than a few people who the VA said, Nope, No PTSD for you.  The VA seems to have a higher burden of proof. I think that's because a VA check is MUCH bigger than a military retirement check. They also have far less staff to process things than the military itself.

I think Ryan may be stuck

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 9
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:24 PM, StevieRocks said:

That dirty pig/succubus, Trailer Park Tamra, just said she "prays for Kelly." She's too illiterate and dumb to realize that she sounds like a hypocritical Pharisee. Now she's 'crying' with no tears, as usual. That is one trashy ape. 

Maybe she and Pharisee Phaedra could get a show of their own?

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, Pickles said:

Vicki doesn't seem madly in love with Steve. He is reliable and steady. She still misses Brooks.

And this is why I am so over her! What was it she said about doing it all over again if she could? That woman is mental.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:13 PM, Martinigirl said:

Kelly must be drinking.....

KeIIy Dodd‏ @RHOC_KeIlyDodd  3m3 minutes ago

More

Don't pray for me, Tamra. Pray for your son that beats his wife.

What else is new? ha ha

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:15 PM, FamilyVan said:

I didn't con anyone?  Sorry I just watched season 10 last week and everything out of Vicki's mouth was a lie.  She admitted on the reunion that she "fabricated".  She doesn't want to be friends with Tamra if she's making digs about her gym parking lot being empty.  That's not what you say when you are on the outs with a friend you care about and want to make up with.  Also her velvet outfit looked bad.

I have no words... I am sick of Vicki.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:48 PM, lunastartron said:

So, do we know if Vicki or Kelly submitted this to Reddit?

• Love 8
1 minute ago, JennyMominFL said:

Ah, well yes,  agreed.I think we are stuck on semantics. All branches will try that. You're not really "in" the process of a discharge if they are trying to change your MOS though . I mean they invested money in you so they want to keep you if they can. I feel like that may be what the Marines are doing with Ryan.. He wants out on a medical discharge but the Marines don't want to let him go.  With me... Trust me, they wanted me out. I was HIV positive and it was 1990. There was no possibility they would change my MOS. I went right to the formal discharge process. Sounds like Ryan  did not. I think it was you who made the first response saying that maybe they didn't want to discharge him. That may well be true. 

Re PTSD.  The military side seems pretty quick to recognize, rate and discharge for it. It's the VA side where it gets hard. I know more than a few people who the VA said, Nope, No PTSD for you.  The VA seems to have a higher burden of proof. I think that's because a VA check is MUCH bigger than a military retirement check. They also have far less staff to process things than the military itself

If I remember correctly, Ryan had back surgery done a couple of years ago when they were first stationed in Oklahoma. So, they were probably playing the wait and see game on that to see if he could come back or if he truly needed out. 

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis and the stigma you faced back then. I remember the ignorance that surrounded it back then. I work in healthcare and now we don't even bat an eye at it. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I remember Brianna saying that she was moving back to California in part because her Mom was lonely, but also because she hated Oklahoma.

Her mom was lonely??  What about her husband? What about her children who surely miss their father? WOW!  Vicki's needs come before anyone else's.  Plus, she hated Oklahoma? Well, she married a Marine, so you have to go where they send you.  I'm sure many wives and families of servicemen do not love where they are sent, but they do what must be done.  Seriously, suck it up, buttercup!

• Love 21
(edited)
18 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

If I remember correctly, Ryan had back surgery done a couple of years ago when they were first stationed in Oklahoma. So, they were probably playing the wait and see game on that to see if he could come back or if he truly needed out. 

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis and the stigma you faced back then. I remember the ignorance that surrounded it back then. I work in healthcare and now we don't even bat an eye at it. 

I was a woman and I was positive.They had no clue what to do with me.. Back then it was pretty simple. 2 tcells counts under 300 and you could be discharged. They told me flat out, take the retirement just in case the rules change, So I took it. If your tcells were over 300 you could stay in but had to serve stateside only.   I wish sometimes that I had stayed in. It's 27 years later and I'm still around. I think I'm only alive and healthy because of the excellent care I am able to get via Champus and then tricare.  

Ryan has a back injury. They may want him at a less physically taxing job. He can most likely do that. A discharge may be wishful thinking. He may have to wait it out and hope for a transfer back to CA. I still don't think he's out, so it's becoming clear that they don't want to let him go Or they have been using this as an excuse for why he's not around anymore

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, JennyMominFL said:

I was a woman and I was positive.They had no clue what to do with me.. Back then it was pretty simple. 2 tcells counts under 300 and you could be discharged. They told me flat out, take the retirement just in case the rules change, So I took it. If your tcells were over 300 you could stay in but had to serve stateside only.   I wish sometimes that I had stayed in. It's 27 years later and I'm still around. I think I'm only alive and healthy because of the excellent care I am able to get via Champus and then tricare.  

Ryan has a back injury. They may want him at a less physically taxing job. He can most likely do that. A discharge may be wishful thinking. He may have to wait it out and hope for a transfer back to CA. I still don't think he's out, so it's becoming clear that they don't want to let him go

I wonder if he's exaggerating. One of my best friend's husband is an Army doc and he sees it all the time. It could also be that he doesn't want to be a POG (I don't know the Marine equivalent of that insult LOL--paper pusher). If he is combat arms, they don't want to go the paper pusher route. I've seen those guys fight the reclass and then when they were told that they could no longer be infantry then they give up and try to get out. They are either combat arms or they aren't in. They aren't happy with being a POG. 

HIV treatment has come such a long way.  Keep up the fight until there is a cure. 

• Love 5
On July 11, 2017 at 6:47 AM, IKnowRight said:

I can't believe Heather was cast off and we still have Vicky & Kelly.  Those two are so sad and pathetic that it takes away the true snark & fun that I thought these shows were all about...It's like I need to shower after listening to these two harpies go on about being the popular ones...for realzzz?  It's such bazaar behavior for supposed grown ups...as Ramona says, "I can't..."

I can watch them go on about their popularity all day long. That level of delusion is fascinating...

• Love 8
18 hours ago, nexxie said:

She seems to carry it all on the top half of body - legs are still slim.

For her sake, I wish it was a fat suit!

Ugh, I am built just like Shannon and carry my weight the same way.  Belly fat is sooooo hard to lose.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Giselle said:

Just a couple of articles on Vicki's "good" guy.

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/steve-lodge-dirty-cop-failed-candidate-wants-to-run-for-anaheim-city-council-again-6480454

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/does-council-hopeful-steve-chavez-lodge-really-live-in-west-anaheim-full-time-7653502

http://www.ocregister.com/2012/09/06/opponents-criticize-anaheim-candidates-police-officer-record/

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/judge-anaheim-council-hopeful-steve-lodge-told-bald-faced-lies-in-police-brutality-case-7620824

I'm not watching the show anymore. Logged on to see what all of you were posting. It doesn't seem like I'm missing much by not watching the show, I just cant with Vicki and Kelly, I just can't.  Glad to hear Jim is a great dad to his new daughter.

Y'all have fun.

After reading those articles, I'm left wondering why Vicki isn't more enamored with Steve. Maybe it's b/c he's unwilling to do a cancer scam?

17 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

I agree, I dislike how the objective of this show seems to be who can retaliate the hardest and ugliest against someone.

When Vicki was at lunch with Lydia, it really struck me, you can never ever have a friendship with Vicki.  Listen to what she says, if you hit me I will hit you back harder.  That's not a friend.  A friend does not want to  hit you back, friends don't want to get into a sparring fight with each other.  Even if Tamra hurt Vicki's feelings, this is not how friends work out being hurt.  They don't fight dirty and hit you below the belt.  Then it occurred to me, you can never win with Vicki, because she will always find herself attacked in the first place where she has to hit you back.  She's always going to resort to low blows and get you back for the transgressions you made against her first, and she justifies it because you fired the first shot.  The fact is she sees everything as a transgression against her, so she will always retaliate back for something you did not even know you did.  A friendship with her will eventually fail because you will disappoint her, and then she will piss on you.

Thank you for so concisely summarizing the singularity of narcissistic suck that is Vicki.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I can watch them go on about their popularity all day long. That level of delusion is fascinating...

Great comment Vedapierce!

So true, it's quite comical to watch it unfold before a national audience! 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

To me, it really seemed as if Shannon was wearing a fat suit. It didn't look real. Maybe it is a fat suit and she will miraculously "lose" all of her weight. And I like Shannon.

Yes, she reminded my daughter and me of chubby Monica on Friends lol!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

I agree, religion is a part of everyday life for a large majority of the people in this country.   To me, it's just like watching them go to doctors appointments, going to the gym, shopping, etc., a glimpse into what they are doing behind the gate! At least it's not discussing polarizing politics like on NYC where differing opinions can create angst between the ladies.  

While I did question Tamra's new found faith, thinking she was using it as a storyline 2 seasons ago, I was hoping it would help her change her path for the better in spite of the perceived negative intentions.  Well, she certainly seems a tad nicer then she was in the past.  

Mileage can certainly vary on this. Some people would say that talking about religion is as dangerous as talking about politics. To some, more so because it is so personal. 

I like hearing about both, because it is part of their lives, and I am here to see their lives. They don't have to hide shit that is important to them from me, even if I don't agree. I am Agnostic, but find the religion discussion interesting because it fascinates me that it is of interest to others, even if I cannot fathom why that is the case. 

To me, Tamra's religious journey has seemed quite real. I also like the way the show is highlighting a potential bond that Lydia and Tamra would have at this point because of their shared faith. I say this as someone who could never stand Tamra, and believe that she has done some of the most vile things ever done by a HW. But I love redemption. Honestly, I am completely rooting for her, even though she is not someone I have liked in the past. She does seem softer to me. I loved hearing that she and her daughter are working to mend their relationship. That is good for the entire family, and maybe becoming a person of faith has helped to make this all possible. If so, that is a good thing and I don't believe a prop for the show. The truth won't be known for a long time. Most people of faith I know are not perfect. They still hurt people, say things they should not, and struggle to do the right thing. But Tamra seems happy and content to me, which is something I don't think could always be said about her. 

• Love 22

God, I cannot stand Briana.  Can't. Stand. Her.  I know she has a serious illness and only wish her the best on that front.  I know she moved back to the O/C for medical reasons and they have been dealt with.  What she has will be ongoing and with her the rest of her life.  But.  Why, after her surgery and diagnosis, is she still living in OC?  Why not move back with her husband and give her kids the benefit of having their father around.  If he is waiting for a medical discharge, is he working at all?  Couldn't he watch the kids if she works?  How often do her kids see their father?  Or do they spend more time with him and Vicki just wants to be the "martyred, caring" grandma on tv?  With Vicki and Brianna it is two miserable peas in a pod.

I used to dread Tamra's every appearance but don't mind so much now.  Her awfulness is somehow comforting, like an old pair of flannel pj's...you know what to expect.  I don't mind Megan, either.  I really miss Heather (I cannot believe I just typed this)..and loathe Kelly and pre-loathe the new HW.  What is going on with Lydia's bosoms?  A push-up bra? Breastfeeding? Implants? Has this been discussed at length?  It is easy for me in that have paired Kelly and Vicki up...I can fast-forward their awfulness.  Used to really like poor Shannon, but watching her descend into self-pitying housewife just makes me sad and not want to tune in.  On one hand, I feel sorry for her in that her life has taken such a downward spiral.  On the other hand, I want to slap her and tell to to snap out of it and DO something.  It won't be easy but will be well worth the ride back to health, happiness and self-confidence.  If she ever had all of those to begin with.  Counseling would do her a world of good.

I have watched OC since the beginning, but may have to just buzz around it once in awhile this season; Kelly and Vicky have done that to me.  They are just horrible examples of women and who they should be in this day and age.  Mean girls and snobbery (a deadly mix) should be traits one leaves behind after high school.  I am surprised that Kelly doesn't just ignite, she is that awful.  The two of them are no fun to watch..it is not even fun to snark on them.  Their meanness is a blight on this franchise; they have no redeeming qualities.

• Love 11

It was hilarious!  Vicki really sees herself though a very different lens... LOL.  In her mind she's popular, athletic, can charm people with her baby voice girly demeanor.  Reality is the complete opposite.

It was hilarious when Kelly said "I don't care about being popular or not" and Vicki said "I DO!"  haaa haa.  Keep being you Vicki!

How often do her kids see their father?  Or do they spend more time with him and Vicki just wants to be the "martyred, caring" grandma on tv?  With Vicki and Brianna it is two miserable peas in a pod.

Notice how Vicki said she loves having them around because she feels needed.  Vicki has no vested interest in Brianna and Ryan having a healthy and lasting marriage.  Vicki is a narcissist and Brianna is an adult child of a narcissist, so I feel a little bad for Brianna, she can't really separate.

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, FamilyVan said:

It was hilarious!  Vicki really sees herself though a very different lens... LOL.  In her mind she's popular, athletic, can charm people with her baby voice girly demeanor.  Reality is the complete opposite.

It was hilarious when Kelly said "I don't care about being popular or not" and Vicki said "I DO!"  haaa haa.  Keep being you Vicki!

Notice how Vicki said she loves having them around because she feels needed.  Vicki has no vested interest in Brianna and Ryan having a healthy and lasting marriage.  Vicki is a narcissist and Brianna is an adult child of a narcissist, so I feel a little bad for Brianna, she can't really separate.

I'm not exactly defending Vicki here because I do think she has damaged her children with her narcissism, but I think Brianna is back in CA and back on TV because it's what she wants and Vicki's black hole of need is a convenient excuse to look better. I just think Brianna is her mother's daughter and likes to play the simple good girl in public, but is a self centered money grubbing gold digger at heart. I think in OK she got a glimpse of a normal life as a nurse married to an enlisted man and didn't really like a future without the money and attention she's used to. I don't think Ryan is ever really going to make it to OC and I think Brianna will find her own Don really soon. And then move on to her own Brooks at some point. I just think she's Vicki Part 2.

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Mileage can certainly vary on this. Some people would say that talking about religion is as dangerous as talking about politics. To some, more so because it is so personal. 

I like hearing about both, because it is part of their lives, and I am here to see their lives. They don't have to hide shit that is important to them from me, even if I don't agree. I am Agnostic, but find the religion discussion interesting because it fascinates me that it is of interest to others, even if I cannot fathom why that is the case. 

To me, Tamra's religious journey has seemed quite real. I also like the way the show is highlighting a potential bond that Lydia and Tamra would have at this point because of their shared faith. I say this as someone who could never stand Tamra, and believe that she has done some of the most vile things ever done by a HW. But I love redemption. Honestly, I am completely rooting for her, even though she is not someone I have liked in the past. She does seem softer to me. I loved hearing that she and her daughter are working to mend their relationship. That is good for the entire family, and maybe becoming a person of faith has helped to make this all possible. If so, that is a good thing and I don't believe a prop for the show. The truth won't be known for a long time. Most people of faith I know are not perfect. They still hurt people, say things they should not, and struggle to do the right thing. But Tamra seems happy and content to me, which is something I don't think could always be said about her. 

I don't think I will ever trust Tamra, but I like your thought process.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Oh God.  That was pretty dull.

I said this in the media thread but Shannon's weight gain is likely from a combo of alcohol consumption, stress and hormones. Vicki is horrible but she's not responsible for you gaining weight. 

I'm sure all the ladies that came to Lydia's house for Bible Study were THRILLED to have that sea beast Tamra show up.  How Lydia's house did not spontaneously combust is beyond me.  And sure . . . everyone has issues but let's pray over Tamra's bullshit!  Yes!  

Tamra and Eddie have been together for 7 years already?  I hadn't even realized she and Simon had been divorced that long.  Sheesh.  Obviously Tam doesn't have a ton going on if she has to bring her niece on the show to stand in for her actual children.

I guess we're going to be subjected to Briana again this season.  Didn't she and the boys leave Oklahoma like a year ago?  Why did she permanently leave Oklahoma so far in advance of Ragey Ryan getting out of the military?  

I don't mind Lydia.  I like that she's pretty honest about while kids are great, they are also pills at times. 

Aspen is darling.  Who knew that Jim would be so hands on?  I sure didn't.  Happy to see it though.  Megan needs to keep that precious baby away from Tamra and Vicki, who will suck her soul.

I didn't really miss Heather, as she didn't do much the last season or two.  I'm sure they had contractual disputes but if you read the tea online, it seems that Kelly spilled some dirt on the Dubrow marriage.  Makes me wonder if that's why Heather didn't return this season.

Oh, and because this is always appropriate - - shut up, Tamra.

Agree

I didn't get any of this

whitewater.gif

so I was a bit bummed out

• Love 8
3 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

He had hip surgery first then back surgery in OK.

2 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

Ryan has a back injury. They may want him at a less physically taxing job. He can most likely do that. A discharge may be wishful thinking. He may have to wait it out and hope for a transfer back to CA. I still don't think he's out, so it's becoming clear that they don't want to let him go Or they have been using this as an excuse for why he's not around anymore

Hip then back and Vicki said this in her blog, "Good news as of this week is that he has his release date and will be officially retired from the United States Marine Corps as of 8/30/17.". So I think this means he finally got his medical retirement/discharge.

• Love 5

Shannon has balls to show that gut on tv... I gained a bit of weight when I entered into menopause and it is very difficult to lose it. I did everything I could to hide it. Shannon seems to have some depression and self loathing going on. I predict her marriage will end when their kids leave home. 

Please, no more Bible study and praying. It's a huge dichotomy with the screeching, vain, lying, gossiping women on this show. 

Dont give a crap about Briana or her situation. I appreciate that Ryan served in the military, but, they seem like fame whores. 

Eddie is not the joyful person he used to be. His demeanor seems resigned and deflated ( guess living with Tamra will do that). 

I empathize with Tamra on the situation with her daughter- when my daughter was 15-19 we went through the most trying time of our lives. However- I would have done anything to fix things. Sydney has said numerous times that she doesn't want to be part of this show, and yet Tamra continues to use it as a storyline. 

• Love 14
21 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Of course Jim looks like a good dad for the five minutes he was on screen. Lets see him let her sleep in and him handle the 2am feeding or dealing with colic and handling poopy diaper baby.

My sister in law told me that she never woke up for a single night time feeding or diaper change for any of their three kids. My brother did them all. They figured out really early after the first kid was born that she couldn't do it. She pumped a ton. She also said that she never slept through her pager; she was doing her medical residency at the time.

Who knows. Jim does the diaper changes. Maybe Megan pumps.

• Love 8
On July 11, 2017 at 11:58 AM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

From Shannon's blog:

Ugh. Look, I get that it would be unpleasant to anticipate false rumors going around about your family. But Shannon reminds me of the movie "Little Children" with Kate Winslet and Patrick Wilson. It's like she is so eager to cling to the self-righteousness and martyrdom that comes with this, "The horror! The horror! What will this do to my family and my husband!" Get over it, Shannon. You already put David's infidelity out there (including unnecessary details of his dysfunctional behavior revealed on tabloid shows), you already put your horrific mother-in-law on blast, there were already reports of David's previous domestic violence charge on various web sites - this is part of being on a reality show - your dirty laundry (real and imagined) is out there. The pearl clutching about this feels disingenuous at best. If it's not true, clarify it's not true and move on. She is just living for her anger towards Vicki. I find it so gross.

Fantastic post. And no one loves being a martyr more than ole' Shannon. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

God, I cannot stand Briana.  Can't. Stand. Her.  I know she has a serious illness and only wish her the best on that front.  I know she moved back to the O/C for medical reasons and they have been dealt with.  What she has will be ongoing and with her the rest of her life.  But.  Why, after her surgery and diagnosis, is she still living in OC?  Why not move back with her husband and give her kids the benefit of having their father around.  If he is waiting for a medical discharge, is he working at all?  Couldn't he watch the kids if she works?  How often do her kids see their father?  Or do they spend more time with him and Vicki just wants to be the "martyred, caring" grandma on tv?  With Vicki and Brianna it is two miserable peas in a pod.

I used to dread Tamra's every appearance but don't mind so much now.  Her awfulness is somehow comforting, like an old pair of flannel pj's...you know what to expect.  I don't mind Megan, either.  I really miss Heather (I cannot believe I just typed this)..and loathe Kelly and pre-loathe the new HW.  What is going on with Lydia's bosoms?  A push-up bra? Breastfeeding? Implants? Has this been discussed at length?  It is easy for me in that have paired Kelly and Vicki up...I can fast-forward their awfulness.  Used to really like poor Shannon, but watching her descend into self-pitying housewife just makes me sad and not want to tune in.  On one hand, I feel sorry for her in that her life has taken such a downward spiral.  On the other hand, I want to slap her and tell to to snap out of it and DO something.  It won't be easy but will be well worth the ride back to health, happiness and self-confidence.  If she ever had all of those to begin with.  Counseling would do her a world of good.

I have watched OC since the beginning, but may have to just buzz around it once in awhile this season; Kelly and Vicky have done that to me.  They are just horrible examples of women and who they should be in this day and age.  Mean girls and snobbery (a deadly mix) should be traits one leaves behind after high school.  I am surprised that Kelly doesn't just ignite, she is that awful.  The two of them are no fun to watch..it is not even fun to snark on them.  Their meanness is a blight on this franchise; they have no redeeming qualities.

While Vicky is an asshole, I hate that Brianna is so disloyal toward her mother.

yup, the apple did not fall far from the tree, here.

I really think that Brianna and Ryan are separated and are not yet ready to announce it.

As far as Shannon, I can't bear to watch her and David anymore.

First of all, he does not want her anymore and acts so passive aggressively, I feel like reaching thru my TV and deck him(for her, as an act of random kindness)

Secondly, I am getting sick and tired of her self loathing. I think that she has a lot positive  going on for her however she is so down on life, that she sees everything in gray.

Thirdly, I am plump right now. I have been every size from 2 up to 10 and more, men do not care and those who want skinny keep it moving.

Sharon has three things that men love: great legs, generous boobs and blond hair. Bitch you got it made!

Lose David and get a job. 

Tamra looks amazing and I love how open she is with her procedures, the fact that she eats super clean and how much she works out.

Kelly is nuts but I enjoy the crazy so far.

The praying segment is a bit much for me however it reads genuine.

Was the new chick on? If so I might have dozed off.

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Agree

I didn't get any of this

whitewater.gif

so I was a bit bummed out

Is there any gif of her getting hit on the head, that is classic Vicky and never gets old, imo.

• Love 5

UO coming up but I actually like Lydia and didn't have a problem with the bible study. Speaking from personal experience, going to bible study myself helped me through some tough times. YMMV. I do have hope for Tamra.

On the other hand, Kelly and Vickie are awful and I see no hope or change in their future.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

She is a narcissist. She is incapable of having a real, true friendship. Everything is about her. It is the same way with her other relationships. Brianna is all about her. I remember her visiting Michael in college and what a fool she made of herself and his embarrassment was all about her. Donn didn't fill her love tank. That's why she can't get over Brooks because he was smart enough to know if he pretends it is all about her, she falls for it. 

Yup. That's why, IMO, she pressured Brianna so much to come home. It's not that she wanted to be able to help out, it's that she loves the attention she gets because of her "sick daughter".  Lisa Rinna needs to look at a different part of CA for her Munchausen diagnosis. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

God, I cannot stand Briana.  Can't. Stand. Her.  I know she has a serious illness and only wish her the best on that front.  I know she moved back to the O/C for medical reasons and they have been dealt with.  What she has will be ongoing and with her the rest of her life.  But.  Why, after her surgery and diagnosis, is she still living in OC?  

Maybe she stays in OC because her diagnosis is chronic and, for whatever reason, she wants her treatment plan to be there. Her MDs are in OC, some of which may have been colleagues as well as caregivers. She knows them, they know her case. I can't judge her for wanting her Lupus  to be managed in the way that makes her feel safest. Troy and Owen are clearly well loved and cared for and do see their dad -- maybe not as often as the family would like but they seem to making the best of it.

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Maybe she stays in OC because her diagnosis is chronic and, for whatever reason, she wants her treatment plan to be there. Her MDs are in OC, some of which may have been colleagues as well as caregivers. She knows them, they know her case. I can't judge her for wanting her Lupus  to be managed in the way that makes her feel safest. Troy and Owen are clearly well loved and cared for and do see their dad -- maybe not as often as the family would like but they seem to making the best of it.

Who knows how often Ryan is able to visit. Vicki was visiting them about once a month in OK, so it's possible she's springing for him to come out to the OC on a similar basis. No, it's not ideal. But they're a military family, so they're probably used to being apart and this might not seem as hard, compared to his stints overseas.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

So I'm the only one that thinks Brianna is in the process of leaving Ryan? 

I cant, just can't, listen to another season of Shannon bitching about her weight and getting offended every time David isn't writing her love poems. She's so exhausting. I wonder if she's always been like this. I can't imagine getting through life as determined to be unhappy as that.

Nope.  They have been separated for a long time.  Perhaps she doesn't want to admit her shotgun wedding (without the pregnancy) wasn't a great idea.  Or Vicki won't let her admit it.  

14 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Is there ANY reason to watch anymore?  I like Lydia, but her religious shtick doesn't interest me.  I just can't stomach Vicks anymore.  And why the fuck should I care about Ryan or Briana?  I've never forgiven Ryan for the way he treated Lydia's mother.  He showed us exactly who he is & he is NOT a nice guy.  Couldn't care less about him.

Tams?  Who cares?  I'm sick of her nastiness.  Kelly?  Yech.  Meghan?  Yawn.  Shannon & her weight gain?  Ugh, it's gonna be endless whining & complaining & needling David cuz he'll be even more miserable stuck with her.  I'm in no mood to watch that awfulness.

Believe it or not, I think Heather's presence will be missed.  Her prissiness sorta leveled out the craziness of most of this group.  Maybe Lydia will do that now.

Eh, I think I'm done with this show.

YAY!  I have company!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Who knows how often Ryan is able to visit. Vicki was visiting them about once a month in OK, so it's possible she's springing for him to come out to the OC on a similar basis. No, it's not ideal. But they're a military family, so they're probably used to being apart and this might not seem as hard, compared to his stints overseas.

I'm sure when he does visit, Vicki lets him know how she's Brianna's husband when he's gone, and she will drone on and on about all she does for his sons.     There is something very creepy about Ryan.  Not just the PTSD thing, but a general sense that he's not all there.  

Vicki is just not that into Steve.  He's too normal.   Vicki likes tension and drama.   That way she can be a victim and tell everyone how hard she works because nobody supports her.   I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she still seeing Brooks.  When she goes out of town to her many insurance conventions, etc.  

• Love 12

Notice when Vicki was complaining to Kelly about the "mean girls" in the group not liking her she said "Why don't they do something more important? Why don't they work?" Thank God for Vicki, who invented having a job. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Notice when Vicki was complaining to Kelly about the "mean girls" in the group not liking her she said "Why don't they do something more important? Why don't they work?" Thank God for Vicki, who invented having a job. 

Typical Vicki, too, telling that to a woman who doesn't work, not even thinking it is insulting. She is so tone-deaf. 

• Love 15
(edited)
On 7/12/2017 at 0:14 PM, LIMOM said:

While Vicky is an asshole, I hate that Brianna is so disloyal toward her mother.

yup, the apple did not fall far from the tree, here.

I love my mother. She's probably one of the most interesting people I've ever known, but she has this bad habit when she's with friends of drinking a bit too much and bitching that her kids don't appreciate her or think she was a bad mother. In truth, we could probably be more appreciative of everything she and my father have done for us. However, she has this false narrative of what our complaints were. She'll loudly complain that we have issues with her because she made us take piano or eat our vegetables. When the issues we had were that she and my dad went to Hawaii for almost 2 weeks and put me in charge over my 18, 10, and 6 year old brothers when I was 12. There were no issues with my 18 year old brother; he was an 18 year old dumbass and I was more responsible. They were also having issues with some of their tenants and in the early stages of litigation with one of my dad's brothers. They did similar trips throughout our childhoods, like a six week trip through Europe when I was 15 and we were on our own the entire time.

So my mom will bring this stuff up and act like we're mad because of vegetables instead of the things they actually did wrong. And I will read her for filth when she starts that nonsense because she needs the sting of embarrassment to stop pulling this nonsense. I don't want to make our family business public. I don't start it, but I will finish it. They just put far too much on us and seem to have forgotten that.

I get a similar sense with Brianna and Vicki. She knew about Vicki's affair with Brooks for awhile. I get the feeling that she's been Vicki's confidant for a very long time. She's one of the few people who can call Vicki on her shit, which means that she'll have to out Vicki's nonsense publicly on occasion in order to keep Vicki in line.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 17
15 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

Good for you! I also gained 'the weight that pauses', but for the last 10 weeks have lived on every day, 8 cups of raw veggies, hummus, an apple, grapefruit, some figs, and nuts and seeds, so far have dropped over 25 pounds. And tons of water. It feels so good, I just have to stay disciplined, so far it has been easy:)

Congrats! I'm not that disciplined, but acting better! I just made my own little Chinese pork dish! Store had some sliced pieces of pork, used some frozen brown rice, onion, garlic, & peas in teriyaki sauce; it was great! I haven't eaten rice in weeks! At my age, just doing it piecemeal and just cutting portions, avoiding anything after dinner & dessert even though up rather late or early in the morning, I lose fairly easily since it's just bloat, not fat! So far I have had the discipline and have taken off 15+ in just 3 weeks! Good luck with yours! 

• Love 3

I speak w/my SIL at least twice a week, but because of distance we don't see each other very often.  So, not having seen her for five years, we finally got together, and OMG I was shocked.  She had gained so much weight she was almost unrecognizable.  Her face/upper body reminded me of Shannon.   Her's had to do with medications, hormones, and eating.   It was really hard to see like that, but she seemed very comfortable with herself - unlike Shannon.   Over the years she tried some pretty darn drastic dieting, pills, programs - and recently she's lost 50lbs.   Once she said to me she knows she will never get down to where she was when she was in her 20/30's, but she now just wants to be healthy.   Shannon has a long road in front of her.   Trying to get your 20's body back when you're 50 is a major challenge. 

• Love 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Why does she do SO MANY stupid, self-destructive things to herself in general? she does one stupid thing after another, and all of them reflect badly on her. She's her own worst enemy. 

Vicki's gift that keeps on giving, at least from a reality tv standpoint, is her complete lack of self-awareness. You'd think being on tv for, what, 10 years? would clue her in to how she comes across to others, but nope. It's a quality most of the Ho'Wives have to some degree, but Vicki's really is top notch. Terrible in person, great for television.

What I can't figure out is how her business continues to grow. I would never buy insurance from someone who either purposefully lied to others about her boyfriend's cancer diagnosis or was too stupid to sniff out the truth. Honestly, when I saw all the moving boxes at Coto Insurance, I thought for sure she was going to say her business was downsizing. 

Edited by candle96
  • Love 11
22 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

I think she does seem nicer!  I think she is controlling her temper and seems less angry. 

Wait. Give it time. 

The way Tamra got right up into Vickie's face on the bus in Ireland last season, and screamed hysterically with the spittle flying, is as close as someone can get to physical assault without actually getting physical. Vickie is probably the biggest POS of the franchise, but Tamra's reaction right there unleashed her true inner monster. 

• Love 11
(edited)
On July 11, 2017 at 5:41 PM, MatildaMoody said:

I chuckled quite a bit through Tamra's blog post. I just think it's hilarious that the one housewife who from her first season has been all about being malevolent and spreading toxicity is calling another housewife toxic. Sure, Vicki is toxic and the weirdest mix of narcissism and insecurity that I have ever seen. But Tamra tho. I mean I know a lot has been said about Naked Wasted, but the thing that will always be foremost in my mind is that Tamra did not even consider, how her own son would be portrayed in that episode. She has gone out of her way to try to destroy, not just take down, but DESTROY the other women on this show consequences be damned and has only ever apologized for it once - to Shannon. I can't look at Tamra without seeing her seething with anger during Shannon's first reunion. Actually, I can't look at Tamra without seeing her various seething with anger and resentment faces throughout her tenure. 

I think tamra is truly evil at her core. I really don't think she knows how to feel remorse. Whenever she tries to look sorrowful on camera, it just looks so fake. When she gave Gretchen that friendship bracelet and apologized with the non-existing tears, it was just so fake. Crying up at podium about her mother not saying I love you and her attempts at suicide-fake. All her moments of sadness and remorse always make me uncomfortable because none of them ever seem real. The only real, true feelings I see coming off her is rage. When she's enraged or being malicious-that's totally authentic. She gives me the creeps. I think Phaedra is like that too. I believe I'm watching sociopaths when I see them on tv. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 6
On 7/10/2017 at 6:08 PM, chenoa333 said:

Maybe Ms. Terry was demanding more money too. Those are some huge egos on the DuBrows.

SteelCitySister: LOVE the pic of the crying baby! Lol! How can I say "no" to that?! Of course I'll stay! Lol.

They should make more than the rest of the idiot cast.  The Dubrows are the only ones who actually are wealthy and living a great life.  The rest are just interlopers and con artists.  Fuck them all.  I want my Heather back.

• Love 8
On 7/11/2017 at 1:05 PM, sasha206 said:

I still can't wrap my head around calling the cops to stop a non-violent fight.  My husband and I had some heated drunken arguments but at no time did I ever consider calling a police officer.  Either Shannon is so insane that she decided to do that to be punitive to her husband or she was very much in fear of escalation or it did escalate.  I believe now she is in CYA mode which is why she calls it an attempt to stop an argument.

Go to YouTube and look up idiots calling 911 because the fast food place they went to for lunch ran out of what they wanted.  It's a thing apparently to call the police for a minor dispute.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, candle96 said:

What I can't figure out is how her business continues to grow. I would never buy insurance from someone who either purposefully lied to others about her boyfriend's cancer diagnosis or was too stupid to sniff out the truth. Honestly, when I saw all the moving boxes at Coto Insurance, I thought for sure she was going to say her business was downsizing. 

I think PT Barnum said something about that, but knowing Vicki I cannot rule out the possibility that she's lieing about something. Of course, HER new office will be like a throne room overlooking all her minions...

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

I think PT Barnum said something about that, but knowing Vicki I cannot rule out the possibility that she's lieing about something. Of course, HER new office will be like a throne room overlooking all her minions...

At first glance I read your comment as '...throne room overlooking all her mirrors..' and then laughed. Your said minions! Either works for me lol!! 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Wait. Give it time. 

The way Tamra got right up into Vickie's face on the bus in Ireland last season, and screamed hysterically with the spittle flying, is as close as someone can get to physical assault without actually getting physical. Vickie is probably the biggest POS of the franchise, but Tamra's reaction right there unleashed her true inner monster. 

She shoved Kelly in the store, correct?

• Love 3
On July 11, 2017 at 9:23 PM, notnowimbusy said:

This franchise is getting very worn and tired.   I don't want to see Bible study, fake crying, making a crappy shrimp salad, watching a kid ride a bike, or hear about kids farting. 

Tamra is really stretching for a story line.   Yeah Vicki works, and helps Brianna (yawn).   Kelly is just Kelly - a time bomb waiting to go off.  Shannon put on weight - so what!  Lydia - uh, no thank you.  And the new girl - trying too hard.   Oops, sorry forgot about what's her name - the one with the baby.  Yeah she's really making a difference on the show.  So much so I forgot her completely.

I feel for Shannon - that weight thing can catch up with you quickly without noticing.  But, there is nothing more depressing than getting dressed and realizing nothing fits like it should.  Squeezing into something and trying to find a "big top".   She really should buy a few basics.   I'm surprised Dr Moon didn't help her ;-)  

Please don't let them take another trip to a wonderful place and embarrass themselves by being loud, not liking it because it's outside their OC comfort zone, getting into fights, etc.  I know Iceland is coming, but it would be better to take them to a big mall. 

Hey now! I'm taking umbrage! That shrimp salad looked awesome! :)

• Love 1
On July 12, 2017 at 2:01 AM, LilaFowler said:

Vicki may think that Lydia is "Disneyland all day, every day" but Lydia can also cut a b when she wants to. I can't wait for the episode when she informs Shannon that her mother called her a lost soul.

THAT looks DEEEE-lishus!!! Lol. Can't wait!!

shannon reminds me of my ex-sis-in-law. Zero to 60 in the blink of an eye. If she doesn't like what you say to her, instead of discussing the situation like a normal person, she throws a huge hissy-fit, crying, storming out. Like a hormonal 15-year-old. Arrested development. She behaved that way with her mother-in-law last season too. Yes, the MIL was a giant ass, but Shannon negated her horrid behavior by acting like a bigger ass. 

• Love 4
On July 12, 2017 at 2:01 AM, LilaFowler said:

Vicki may think that Lydia is "Disneyland all day, every day" but Lydia can also cut a b when she wants to. I can't wait for the episode when she informs Shannon that her mother called her a lost soul.

And Lydia most definitely can cut a b! I remember her skillfully putting Miss Wanna-be Fancy Pants in her place at the reunion that they were both on together. THAT is how you disassemble a housewife. With intelligence, a quick comeback, and never losing your cool. Take notice, all the rest of you screeching apes. You don't need to resort to throwing the c-word when you're pissed, you drunk dumb-ass. 

• Love 3
On July 12, 2017 at 11:08 AM, FozzyBear said:

I'm not exactly defending Vicki here because I do think she has damaged her children with her narcissism, but I think Brianna is back in CA and back on TV because it's what she wants and Vicki's black hole of need is a convenient excuse to look better. I just think Brianna is her mother's daughter and likes to play the simple good girl in public, but is a self centered money grubbing gold digger at heart. I think in OK she got a glimpse of a normal life as a nurse married to an enlisted man and didn't really like a future without the money and attention she's used to. I don't think Ryan is ever really going to make it to OC and I think Brianna will find her own Don really soon. And then move on to her own Brooks at some point. I just think she's Vicki Part 2.

Absolutely agree 100%! Was going to post the same thing. Brianna is back in OC because Brianna wants to be back in OC. That's the plain truth. Every other reason she/they have given is BS. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Does Kelly work?? Vickie is an idiot. 

• Love 10