Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: "The Great DIvide"

• Start Topic

I just hope we aren't subjected again to her dipshit mother. 

I think we will see her because she was in the previews.  Not sure how much of a presence she will be.  You know who else I spotted in the background of one of the preview scenes?  Slade. (uuugghh)

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

Even with her Fancy Pants attitude, I always appreciated Heather's restraint and common sense when things went south.  Lydia?  I just hope we aren't subjected again to her dipshit mother.  Brianna's husband isn't here this season to tell her to keep her damn shoes off the furniture.  Talk about a looneytunes from another planet - I seriously doubt all of that fairydust garbage is due solely to her weed smoking.

I love Lydia's mother. I was thinking she was the only one I might see on my TV from this franchise this year that I actually like. 

• Love 14

If Lydia wants to convince me that she is so kind and christian, then maybe she should give a moments thought to the people who suffer with cancer that Vicki tried to take advantage of in their darkest hour instead of trying to gloss over it and fix the friendship.  I just can't with Vicki and I wish they would drop her from the show, but please film it when you tell her 'cause THAT I want to see!!

• Love 19
29 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Shannon: she feeds David quinoa two nights in a row, nags about and denies him a potato with dinner and has him extract enema pieces from her butt. That's how you keep a man excited about coming home every night...

I agree about wtf does she do all day (except eat and/or drink).  There are broke ass women who have kids and hold down full time jobs and still make time for themselves. Shannon loves being a victim.

Maybe she should ask Pettifleur (Melbourne) what fat camp she went to, Pettifleur really looked good, and who begs to differ?

Shannon broke the slef-imposed Beador potato embargo a couple of years ago when she put potatoes in her chili.  My issue with someone who is trying to lose weight-is don't make it so difficult to stick to.  She could have gone with something less taste specific than quinoa. 

As the mother of three active girls I do think she has a lot going on, three girls in sports and who are quite successful takes a lot of a parent's time.  Isn't Vicki the only one on the show that holds down an outside job?  Tamra has a gym but I believe she is there pretty much to work out.  The show is pretty much Shannon's job and there are some time requirements that go along with the engagement.  I will say from looking at Shannon's Instagram the family does a lot together and seem to have a lot of friends.  Maybe too many food and drink centered activities.     

Shannon the oversharer, once again brings up a topic that is fairly relevant and that is middle age spread or post menopausal weight gain. Just reading comments on various sites about last night's show there was far more people who related to her situation than say the ones who thought she should say, "moo".   She was blessed naturally for years with a good figure now she has discovered she has to work for it and exercise some self control.  In the past Vicki has shared how she suffered from a lack of self confidence because of her size compared to the other women.  Shannon though has to love herself a little bit and not wrap up her self esteem in her dress size.

• Love 16

I need the friendship whisperer to stop with the "cutesy" sound effects in her TH, she needs to mind her own business and I don't mind if she just goes away. 

Watched Tamra on WWHL and she speaks of the preview where Lydia is talking about their friendship with Vicki and that they actually told her several times to stop. She failed to give it up so as far as I'm concerned I'm ok with Shannon going all hulk on Lydia.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

From Shannon's blog:

Ugh. Look, I get that it would be unpleasant to anticipate false rumors going around about your family. But Shannon reminds me of the movie "Little Children" with Kate Winslet and Patrick Wilson. It's like she is so eager to cling to the self-righteousness and martyrdom that comes with this, "The horror! The horror! What will this do to my family and my husband!" Get over it, Shannon. You already put David's infidelity out there (including unnecessary details of his dysfunctional behavior revealed on tabloid shows), you already put your horrific mother-in-law on blast, there were already reports of David's previous domestic violence charge on various web sites - this is part of being on a reality show - your dirty laundry (real and imagined) is out there. The pearl clutching about this feels disingenuous at best. If it's not true, clarify it's not true and move on. She is just living for her anger towards Vicki. I find it so gross.

Which is why I was over Shannon last season! Since she has no real life, she has to make a storyline of how long suffering she has been for so many years! It's not her fault she's inhaling food like air! Maybe this is David's additional punishment; dealing with her eventually settling into Moo-Moo's! 

• Love 7

Watched Tamra on WWHL and she speaks of the preview where Lydia is talking about their friendship with Vicki and that they actually told her several times to stop. She failed to give it up so as far as I'm concerned I'm ok with Shannon going all hulk on Lydia.

Oh I really need to start watching WWHL!   Who asked Lydia to stop?  Tamra and Vicki?  Or production?  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Isn't that a crime in several states? ;p

I think you are right, if not it should be.  What is interesting when Shannon had her first dinner party, she served an incredibly rich potato dish-I believe it contained a quart of cream. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

From Shannon's blog:

Ugh. Look, I get that it would be unpleasant to anticipate false rumors going around about your family. But Shannon reminds me of the movie "Little Children" with Kate Winslet and Patrick Wilson. It's like she is so eager to cling to the self-righteousness and martyrdom that comes with this, "The horror! The horror! What will this do to my family and my husband!" Get over it, Shannon. You already put David's infidelity out there (including unnecessary details of his dysfunctional behavior revealed on tabloid shows), you already put your horrific mother-in-law on blast, there were already reports of David's previous domestic violence charge on various web sites - this is part of being on a reality show - your dirty laundry (real and imagined) is out there. The pearl clutching about this feels disingenuous at best. If it's not true, clarify it's not true and move on. She is just living for her anger towards Vicki. I find it so gross.

I remember saying last year that Shannon and David both NEED for Shannon to hold on to her anger at Vicki because otherwise she is left with bitterness and resentment aimed at David. Now, it appears to be true. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, FamilyVan said:

Oh I really need to start watching WWHL!   Who asked Lydia to stop?  Tamra and Vicki?  Or production?  

Tamra and Shannon had asked Lydia to stop.  And Lydia much like Heather, Shannon's first season, accused Shannon of yelling at her.  Tamra said Shannon wasn't yelling. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Pickles said:

Vicki doesn't seem madly in love with Steve. He is reliable and steady. She still misses Brooks.

I thought the same thing.  Sounded to me like she was describing a dog companion, instead of a new boyfriend. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think you are right, if not it should be.  What is interesting when Shannon had her first dinner party, she served an incredibly rich potato dish-I believe it contained a quart of cream. 

Such a great episode. Wasn't that when she was screaming at David and all the dinner guests could hear? I think there was an issue with the potatoes not being cooked completely, if memory serves. Or was it something with the roast? I just remember that she was a mess. 

• Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, Pickles said:

Brianna's husband is STILL in Oklahoma?! How long has it been?? 

Not long enough for me. I hope the guy never comes back

Edited by tinaw
Didn't mean but
  • Love 24
15 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

That sounds so yummy! Off to google the recipe...

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

From Shannon's blog:

Nice job with the "Little Children" reference. I actually love that movie to death.

I think that Vicki putting the domestic violence thing on blast was a shitty thing to do.  Shitty mainly because they had been friends when Shannon revealed it to her, and told her things that friends tell each other. That is why I think it would hurt. But the part about Shannon not knowing if it would become public and causing her so much stress is where I get lost. Shannon made this public during her first season in a couple of interviews. I don't remember anyone digging it up, but maybe they did and she was only responding to it? Either way, she had publicly addressed this stuff before. It was no doubt painful information that she didn't like to revisit, but she had already done so herself. So I get being upset at Vicki for betraying words said to her in the comfort of a friendship, but not the complete and total meltdown because people are talking about things that she herself had been talking about. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, FamilyVan said:

Tamra and Shannon told Lydia to stop with the Vicki talk but Lydia persisted

• Love 4
22 hours ago, ryebread said:

Because this trailer makes it seem like these 'ladies' are really calling on the Lord this season, I'd just like to ask the Baby Jesus to help them stop screaming and throwing shit while at the table.  Amen.

I honestly tried last night.  Got a few minutes past the First Look footage and decided fuck this.  I will read the commentary because that is honestly WAY better than the shows anyway.  The religious stuff really bugs me.  I do not watch crap tv to be subjected to prayer meetings and all things religion.   Was fast forwarding through Kelly/Vicki, Tamra/Lydia, don't want to see a depressed Shannon whine about weight and David, Megan is meh (unless she turns into Inspector Gadget) and the new chick makes me all kinds of slappy.  I realized no one is left! 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Such a great episode. Wasn't that when she was screaming at David and all the dinner guests could hear? I think there was an issue with the potatoes not being cooked completely, if memory serves. Or was it something with the roast? I just remember that she was a mess. 

They were trying to nuke the potatoes.  It was a mess of a dinner party.  I noticed since then the parties have been catered.  I loved the menu with the beef tenderloin roast and rich potatoes. Dubrows and Judges looked like they were being led to slaughter with the menu.  They actually ended up having fun-but David and Shannon-what a mess. He bought one bottle of wine for the dinner. (these people have a wine cellar), Shannon was worried they were both in the kitchen.  Good TV.

• Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I honestly tried last night.  Got a few minutes past the First Look footage and decided fuck this.  I will read the commentary because that is honestly WAY better than the shows anyway.  The religious stuff really bugs me.  I do not watch crap tv to be subjected to prayer meetings and all things religion.   Was fast forwarding through Kelly/Vicki, Tamra/Lydia, don't want to see a depressed Shannon whine about weight and David, Megan is meh (unless she turns into Inspector Gadget) and the new chick makes me all kinds of slappy.  I realized no one is left! 

The problem with this particular franchise - for me - is that I usually rate the HW's in a franchise in order of who I like the most. And even those HW's that I snark a lot on, I actually like most of the HW's to some degree on most shows (well, except Ramona). On this one, I cannot rate them on who I like the most because that is simply not possible. My list is ranked in order of who I dislike the most. Because for me, most of them are just horrible, in varying degrees, or in different ways. Or there is a fate that is even worse - the "meh" HW's. Those that I just don't care much about one way or another. For me Lydia and Meghan fall into that category for now. But the season is young. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 10

Interesting story and I really doubt it is true as Vicki has been known to embellish.  I highly doubt that the surgeon just used a feces dipped scalpel on Briana he found laying around in the OR.  I am sure we have health care professionals that can describe how operating instruments are packed before each surgery.  http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/rhoc-star-vicki-gunvalson-shares-daughter-scary-surgery-story-article-1.3317661  More interesting is Vicki back peddling on Brooks.  She isn't over him and I actually appreciate the fact she isn't going to marry Steve because she is old and he has a retirement.  Sorry Briana-let mom make her own choices.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I can relate to Shannon's weight gain ( quit smoking), but she shouldn't blame Vicki for it.

lots of praying this episode. That's all I got,storm knocked out my TV, I'll have to watch rerun epi. 

I agree.

Shannon is trying to convince herself that within a few short months, her marriage is now better than ever.  And it's vicki's rumor mongering that has harmed her family.  The whole world can see her marriage is on shaky ground, she is unhappy, and she is still struggling with insecurity, anger, fear, doubt.  I'll be willing to bet every time David walks out of the house she is worried about who he might be with.  I say they'll be divorced in three years.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Nice job with the "Little Children" reference. I actually love that movie to death.

I think that Vicki putting the domestic violence thing on blast was a shitty thing to do.  Shitty mainly because they had been friends when Shannon revealed it to her, and told her things that friends tell each other. That is why I think it would hurt. But the part about Shannon not knowing if it would become public and causing her so much stress is where I get lost. Shannon made this public during her first season in a couple of interviews. I don't remember anyone digging it up, but maybe they did and she was only responding to it? Either way, she had publicly addressed this stuff before. It was no doubt painful information that she didn't like to revisit, but she had already done so herself. So I get being upset at Vicki for betraying words said to her in the comfort of a friendship, but not the complete and total meltdown because people are talking about things that she herself had been talking about. 

When Shannon addressed this, she was talking about David's DV arrest years ago before she joined the show and she stated that at no time did David hit her despite his arrest/guilty plea for DV. She still claims she only called the police to stop the argument/verbal fight, not because he hit her. Vicki claims that Shannon told her David "beat" her back then and she claims she has "proof" that it happened 2 years ago during a drunken fight between David/Shannon. 

• Love 2

I'm glad Lydia is back I really liked her. 

Tamra ugh can't stand her ,never  liked her never will! And yet seeing Brianna on my screen made me even more disgusted. How can a person whine and complain about being alone without help from her spouse , when she chose to move back to the OC for no real reason. Or did I miss something?

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

She isn't over him and I actually appreciate the fact she isn't going to marry Steve because she is old and he has a retirement.  Sorry Briana-let mom make her own choices.

Well, I don't think Steve is interested in anything except being on tv.  Neither of them seem to have any chemistry.  He has a sleazy past, so he's definitely her type.  From what I've seen between them they looked like acquaintances who didn't know each other very well at all.  But, Brianna likes him, so it just shows that her mother's good taste in men has rubbed off on her.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Interesting story and I really doubt it is true as Vicki has been known to embellish.  I highly doubt that the surgeon just used a feces dipped scalpel on Briana he found laying around in the OR.  I am sure we have health care professionals that can describe how operating instruments are packed before each surgery.  http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/rhoc-star-vicki-gunvalson-shares-daughter-scary-surgery-story-article-1.3317661  More interesting is Vicki back peddling on Brooks.  She isn't over him and I actually appreciate the fact she isn't going to marry Steve because she is old and he has a retirement.  Sorry Briana-let mom make her own choices.

Vicki is such a lying pig! Had the scalpel been dirty/contaminated, Brianna would have filed a lawsuit against the hospital and the surgeon. 

If Brooks would take her back, she would jump back into his arms without a backward glance.

2 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I'm glad Lydia is back I really liked her. 

Tamra ugh can't stand her ,never  liked her never will! And yet seeing Brianna on my screen made me even more disgusted. How can a person whine and complain about being alone without help from her spouse , when she chose to move back to the OC for no real reason. Or did I miss something?

Brianna moved back without her husband because she was really sick, getting worse.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I agree.

Shannon is trying to convince herself that within a few short months, her marriage is now better than ever.  And it's vicki's rumor mongering that has harmed her family.  The whole world can see her marriage is on shaky ground, she is unhappy, and she is still struggling with insecurity, anger, fear, doubt.  I'll be willing to bet every time David walks out of the house she is worried about who he might be with.  I say they'll be divorced in three years.

I wonder if she has tracking apps on his car and phone now. Maybe has to call every 15 minutes or answer by the 3rd ring to make sure he's not up to no good.

• Love 4

A shout out to Tamra and her "let's just say I told her I would pray for her" comment when asked what she had said to Kelly after their altercation. Funny and timely because we had been discussing over on the NY thread the fact that often times "I will pray for you" is not coming from a place of good. You say it when what you really want to say is, "you are a nasty piece of work and are going to burn in hell". I imagine we could hear Tamra saying that a lot this season. 

• Love 8
Just now, Ki-in said:

I wonder if she has tracking apps on his car and phone now. Maybe has to call every 15 minutes or answer by the 3rd ring to make sure he's not up to no good.

Turning Vicki into the victim since Shannon should be blaming David for their situation and not Vicki! ;-)

(edited)

Tamra has the least ridiculous/tacky 80s prom photo I've ever seen. That's probably the only nice thing I have to say about her.

Vicki's empty parking lot jab at Tamara made me chuckle I have to say.

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I'm sure Vicki is full of shit but it does happen, believe it or not. When my husband had the  colonscopy that showed the malignant tumor, he also had cysts as well.  The colononscopy Dr. removed sample tissuef rom both with same instrument and therefore contaminated the polyp sample.  So hubby had to go get another procedure done to verify the polyp wasn't cancer. It wasn'.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, StevieRocks said:

Totally agree about Lydia.

So true about Shannon. Part of my frustration with these imbeciles is that they are so out of date about everything. If Shannon had one ounce of awareness, she'd come on and say, "I've gained weight; I'm getting older. I want to try to be healthy, but I'm not going to let this send me into a "psychotic break." ™Madame Puppet.

Don't get me wrong: I know it has to be hard to appear on tv and not be in your best physical shape; nevertheless, this would be a great opportunity for Shannon to garner mad respect from the many middle-aged women who are struggling with their weight. It would be wonderful to see someone approach this in a healthy, positive way. She could use this as a platform to expose our society's virtually unattainable  body shapes. But noooo--she has to hang on to the old rail thin, bleached blonde, bolt-on fun-bags standard of last century. Finally, I think it's a little shameful that she's suggesting that she's this grotesque blob. She might be a size 10. It really speaks to her shallow and limited world-view.

I personally think she needs to embrace her curves.  Work out, stay healthy but quit stressing out over it.  She will never be Tamra small.  She looks normal, not huge or fat, just curvy.  She would look better if she were comfortable with her size.

• Love 8

Shannon is talking about a night she and David went out to dinner after she found out about the affair (after she filmed her first season).  Shannon claims they had drinks and it hit her really hard and she thought/wondered if she had been drugged.  When they got home she was drunk and unruly and David locked himself in one of the twins' room and Shannon proceeded to try and break the door down with her shoulder.  When she didn't succeed she called Vicki and went on a rant.  To Vicki's credit or discredit she didn't feel the need to call the police or believe Shannon was in physical danger as she was making no sense.  After that night Shannon claimed to have no memory of the phone call.  Shannon and David went on a pre-arranged trip to Hawaii the following day.  They returned and filmed the Reunion-sans mention of David's affair. 

So Vicki's account became David beat Shannon-it was separate from the DV arrest that occurred before she was on the show.  Vicki was just being Vicki because she was angry at Shannon over Shannon bailing on VIcki after the cancer scam. 

Ironically after Shannon explained it, Kelly Dodd of all people understood Shannon's explanation and the proof Shannon offered of the photos of the bruises. 

Love this recap:  http://www.vulture.com/2017/07/rhoc-season-12-premiere-recap.html  It starts with a dissection of the Tag Lines and just gets better and better.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

When Shannon addressed this, she was talking about David's DV arrest years ago before she joined the show and she stated that at no time did David hit her despite his arrest/guilty plea for DV. She still claims she only called the police to stop the argument/verbal fight, not because he hit her. Vicki claims that Shannon told her David "beat" her back then and she claims she has "proof" that it happened 2 years ago during a drunken fight between David/Shannon. 

I still can't wrap my head around calling the cops to stop a non-violent fight.  My husband and I had some heated drunken arguments but at no time did I ever consider calling a police officer.  Either Shannon is so insane that she decided to do that to be punitive to her husband or she was very much in fear of escalation or it did escalate.  I believe now she is in CYA mode which is why she calls it an attempt to stop an argument.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

That's right. There was another abuse allegation against David, separate from the one where she called the cops on him. 

Geez. Totally sucks. I had forgotten the specifics about the second one Vicki was talking about. Man, she really, really needs to get off TV and take her family with her so that they have some hope of healing. What a mess. 

• Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Shannon is talking about a night she and David went out to dinner after she found out about the affair (after she filmed her first season).  Shannon claims they had drinks and it hit her really hard and she thought/wondered if she had been drugged.  When they got home she was drunk and unruly and David locked himself in one of the twins' room and Shannon proceeded to try and break the door down with her shoulder.  When she didn't succeed she called Vicki and went on a rant.  To Vicki's credit or discredit she didn't feel the need to call the police or believe Shannon was in physical danger as she was making no sense.  After that night Shannon claimed to have no memory of the phone call.  Shannon and David went on a pre-arranged trip to Hawaii the following day.  They returned and filmed the Reunion-sans mention of David's affair. 

So Vicki's account became David beat Shannon-it was separate from the DV arrest that occurred before she was on the show.  Vicki was just being Vicki because she was angry at Shannon over Shannon bailing on VIcki after the cancer scam. 

Ironically after Shannon explained it, Kelly Dodd of all people understood Shannon's explanation and the proof Shannon offered of the photos of the bruises. 

Love this recap:  http://www.vulture.com/2017/07/rhoc-season-12-premiere-recap.html  It starts with a dissection of the Tag Lines and just gets better and better.

You covered it! Thanks! Shannon definitely needs to either move on or dump David! She's the one that won't let anything go regardless of her constant refrain of how happy she is with her family situation! Tamra's just as bad! They have to invoke Vicki's name every few seconds; no exaggeration! You would think the woman's stalking them and making their lives miserable! They're making their own lives miserable from what little I watch of this really BAD show! Is it just me or is the same "rich mean girl" drama still going on? There's no real reason to have drama, but it's produced out of whole cloth with judgements being passed around as facts! It's more than a little ridiculous; hence the guys staying out of it! Jim snapped Meghan's neck a couple times getting involved in that crap! Looks like he's going to wind up being a whipped new dad! ;-(

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 4
Just now, Avon.Blakes7 said:

You covered it! Thanks! Shannon definitely needs to either move on or dump David! She's the one that won't let anything go regardless of her constant refrain of how happy she is with her family situation! Tamra's just as bad! They have to invoke Vicki's name every few seconds; no exaggeration! You would think the woman's stalking them and making their lives miserable! They're making their own lives miserable from what little I watch of this really BAD show! Is it just me or is the same "rich mean girl" drama still going on? There's no real reason to have drama, but it's produced out of whole cloth with judgements being passed around as facts! It's more than a little ridiculous; hence the guys staying out of it! Jim snapped Meghan neck a couple times getting involved in that crap! Looks like he's going to wind up being a whipped new dad! ;-(

I do think so much of it is edited to make the focus VIcki vs. Tamra.  All these women want more of their family lives shown.  I would personally love to see more of Archie at this point.  It will never happen as there is far more value to the various parties bad mouthing each other.  Now it is all about who goes the lowest.  I am guessing Kelly Dodd has pretty much secured that honor after referring to the other women in the fitness contest as pigs.

Last year Shannon shared a story where they were filming and Tamra had her grandbaby and Jim Edmonds took care of the baby while they filmed.  Jim does have four children so I am surprised people find him to be a good father, as in a newsflash.  I don't think Meghan would have wanted a child with him if he hadn't displayed stellar parenting qualities with his four other children.  His smart mouth doesn't necessarily rule out good parenting.  I thought he was also very kind when his ex wife was dying.

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Vicki is such a lying pig! Had the scalpel been dirty/contaminated, Brianna would have filed a lawsuit against the hospital and the surgeon. 

Do we know she didn't? Or that a private sealed financial settlement was perhaps reached?

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I'm sure Vicki is full of shit but it does happen, believe it or not. When my husband had the  colonscopy that showed the malignant tumor, he also had cysts as well.  The colononscopy Dr. removed sample tissuef rom both with same instrument and therefore contaminated the polyp sample.  So hubby had to go get another procedure done to verify the polyp wasn't cancer. It wasn'.

Yikes, is your hubby OK?

C-diff, a nasty poop-related condition that can come from unwashed hands and improper cleaning of contaminated surfaces and instruments, was reported last year as being present in multiple OC hospitals, including Henry Hoag, which is (I think) B's hospital:

http://www.ocregister.com/2016/02/10/4-orange-county-hospitals-report-high-rate-of-potentially-deadly-infection/

Edited by steelcitysister
because
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Yikes, is your hubby OK?

Sadly he passed away at 52 in December after a 4 year battle with colon cancer!

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Sadly he passed away at 52 in December after a 4 year battle with colon cancer!

O, sasha, I am sorry! {{{hugs}}} from me, too!

• Love 17
11 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:
2 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

So true about Shannon. Part of my frustration with these imbeciles is that they are so out of date about everything. If Shannon had one ounce of awareness, she'd come on and say, "I've gained weight; I'm getting older. I want to try to be healthy, but I'm not going to let this send me into a "psychotic break." ™Madame Puppet.

Don't get me wrong: I know it has to be hard to appear on tv and not be in your best physical shape; nevertheless, this would be a great opportunity for Shannon to garner mad respect from the many middle-aged women who are struggling with their weight. It would be wonderful to see someone approach this in a healthy, positive way. She could use this as a platform to expose our society's virtually unattainable  body shapes. But noooo--she has to hang on to the old rail thin, bleached blonde, bolt-on fun-bags standard of last century. Finally, I think it's a little shameful that she's suggesting that she's this grotesque blob. She might be a size 10. It really speaks to her shallow and limited world-view.

I only tuned in this season for Shannon, so am sad that she is sad. I can't imagine going through trying to lose weight on camera. I really wish she and David had not come back this season as their relationship seems fragile, and I don't know that it will survive the RH curse. I had such high hopes for them after last year. 

Loved Jim with the baby. I thought for sure he would be checked out, but good on him for being totally involved. 

Bolding is done by me.  She is still cute; why not "own it" (Rinna) and still have fun -- many of us could relate to her.  But it probably is difficult when you are filming with size 0's.

I have a soft spot for Shannon and agree with so much of this.  I think she is very fragile and anxious though; not sure this show is the right place for her.

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

If Brooks would take her back, she would jump back into his arms without a backward glance.

Brianna moved back without her husband because she was really sick, getting worse.

OK, I didn't realize she had gotten sick again. I skipped most of last season.  Hope she's better. Still not a huge fan of hers  or her smugness, but I hope good health for her. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Hugs to you again Sasha. Every time I see you on one of these forums, I wonder how you are doing. 

Aw, thank you so much!  We are doing well. I think we're in the acceptance phase of grief after feeling rather stunned for the last couple of months.  It's a process, but we enjoy life.  And I still spend way too much time on this board!  :)  

• Love 21
36 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I personally think she needs to embrace her curves.  Work out, stay healthy but quit stressing out over it.  She will never be Tamra small.  She looks normal, not huge or fat, just curvy.  She would look better if she were comfortable with her size.

I may be alone but I actually think Shannon looks younger with the fuller face.

• Love 9