Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: "The Great DIvide"

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Tamra does a fair job of breaking down her feelings and observations about the show:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-12/blogs/tamra-judge/tamra-judge-it-breaks-my-heart-to

At some point I think Lydia should have revealed to VIcki, Tamra did share her daughter issue. 

In the embedded vid Tams says: "I haven't always had the best of luck in relationships with women." I wonder if she's aware her own behavior has contributed enormously to that?  Then she writes about Vicki's toxic behavior. Please. The words toxic behavior should be branded on Tamra's shiny orange forehead.

• Love 10

When Shannon blames Vicki for her troubles (weight gain) she gives Vicki a lot of power over her life. 

But like a poster said (I'm paraphrasing here) if she can't blame Vicki then she has to blame David.

I wasn't watching that much when she was on but Jeanna was a little thick in the middle and wasn't Jeanna kind of laid back? I mean if a former Playmate can handle a little middle age spread and not go bonkers and blame other people then Shannon can too. Also, Jeanna lost some weight and she's older than Shannon so Shannon can do it if she wanted to (but complaining is easier)

Note to producers: If I wanted a bible study class I would attend one, please do not make this a regular focus of the show.

• Love 23
44 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I still can't wrap my head around calling the cops to stop a non-violent fight.  My husband and I had some heated drunken arguments but at no time did I ever consider calling a police officer.  Either Shannon is so insane that she decided to do that to be punitive to her husband or she was very much in fear of escalation or it did escalate.  I believe now she is in CYA mode which is why she calls it an attempt to stop an argument.

I don't get that either but we are talking about Shannon who tends to overreact about most things. LOL 

31 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Do we know she didn't? Or that a private sealed financial settlement was perhaps reached?

Yikes, is your hubby OK?

C-diff, a nasty poop-related condition that can come from unwashed hands and improper cleaning of contaminated surfaces and instruments, was reported last year as being present in multiple OC hospitals, including Henry Hoag, which is (I think) B's hospital:

http://www.ocregister.com/2016/02/10/4-orange-county-hospitals-report-high-rate-of-potentially-deadly-infection/

No, there has never been any talk of Brianna suing anyone, back then or now and Brianna herself has not spoken publically about her health other than to say she wanted it kept private.

26 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Sadly he passed away at 52 in December after a 4 year battle with colon cancer!

I am so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs/support to you and your family.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

*sigh*  I don't know why I'm trying again with this show. I quit last year about 6 episodes in (it was the 70's party that did me in). I just can't stand Vicki after the cancer scam.  My FIL has been battling Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma for 15 years now. It is a horrible, horrible, horrible disease. There is a special place in hell for people who fake cancer to make money and get some stupid casseroles. Go make your own casserole. 

I waffle on Tamra. I hated her when she first came on. I hated how she treated Gretchen and Alexis. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt on her post-Christian life. Everyone is at a different place in their walk and no Christian is perfect so I'm going to try.

I hate Kelly Dodd. She is crude and borderline psychotic from what I've seen. Vicki and her aren't the popular girls. They are the mean girls. 

Oh Shannon.  I couldn't stand her the first season she was on. I have issues with alternative medicine but I do think she is an empathetic person and this show is rough on her. And if David did abuse her then that isn't up for Vicki to gossip about or speculate about. 

I miss Heather. I liked Fancy Pants. She brought some much-needed class to the joint. I had already left Atlanta and NJ because it was just too trashy. Looks like OC will join that pile heap. 

Wow - we totally agree on each persona!  Good summation, in my opinion, since it 100% matches my own!!

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

When Shannon blames Vicki for her troubles (weight gain) she gives Vicki a lot of power over her life. 

But like a poster said (I'm paraphrasing here) if she can't blame Vicki then she has to blame David.

I wasn't watching that much when she was on but Jeanna was a little thick in the middle and wasn't Jeanna kind of laid back? I mean if a former Playmate can handle a little middle age spread and not go bonkers and blame other people then Shannon can too. Also, Jeanna lost some weight and she's older than Shannon so Shannon can do it if she wanted to (but complaining is easier)

Note to producers: If I wanted a bible study class I would attend one, please do not make this a regular focus of the show.

I agree Shannon has given Vicki a lot of power in her life and she needs to let it go.

Jeanna, a former Playmate, struggled with her weight and mentioned on more than one occasion her husband was pretty hard and discouraging of her when she embarked on a fitness/weight loss plan.  She di a show on Bravo with a fitness person and was not terribly easy to get along with-she did lose 25 pounds or so.  I just remember the trainer hammering her about coconut shrimp and berating her for having a private chef.

To me it is similar to when someone identifies with alcoholism and people tend to wonder why.  Sometimes it will be-I started drinking a lot when I divorced, or when my husband died, or when we had to file bankruptcy and then after they go through treatment they tend to say I drink because  am an alcoholic, there were certain things that triggered my drinking. 

I don't know what they are thinking with the emphasis on religion.  Wrong channel for that focus.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

So true about Shannon. Part of my frustration with these imbeciles is that they are so out of date about everything. If Shannon had one ounce of awareness, she'd come on and say, "I've gained weight; I'm getting older. I want to try to be healthy, but I'm not going to let this send me into a "psychotic break." ™Madame Puppet.

Don't get me wrong: I know it has to be hard to appear on tv and not be in your best physical shape; nevertheless, this would be a great opportunity for Shannon to garner mad respect from the many middle-aged women who are struggling with their weight. It would be wonderful to see someone approach this in a healthy, positive way. She could use this as a platform to expose our society's virtually unattainable  body shapes. But noooo--she has to hang on to the old rail thin, bleached blonde, bolt-on fun-bags standard of last century. Finally, I think it's a little shameful that she's suggesting that she's this grotesque blob. She might be a size 10. It really speaks to her shallow and limited world-view.

This right here.  So many viewers are in exactly her situation.  It's rare that most viewers can relate at all to their typical situations. But "mature" women certainly can relate to weight gain. And, in fact, previously Shannon has talked before about gaining weight and her hating exercise and she approached it with humor and I think a lot of women liked her more because of that.

If she approached this in a physically healthy way (just old-fashioned eating (and drinking) right and exercise) and in a mentally healthy way (no self-loathing), I think she would be happier and healthier and she'd gain some fans.  But to me she seems so emotionally unhealthy that I don't think she can pull that off. The only time she seems emotionally healthy is when things are going 100% right - like the vow renewal. I think Tamra is right that it is much more than Vicki who caused her weight gain. That's just a stupid excuse that NOBODY is buying, even those of us who hate Vicki.  And it's more than the affair, too.

As for Vicki's new guy - any guy with her gets the side eye because she's such a loathsome figure. I don't care how much money she has or how much she puts out because she's so desperate and needy for attention and affirmation. She wouldn't be worth it.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I really, really, really hope that this is not a hint to an upcoming episode of "Vicky and Kelly get tightened" - I don't think I could stand that.

Really, what is up with these women who think that the viewers want to hear about their vaginas? TMI

• Love 17
(edited)
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't know what they are thinking with the emphasis on religion.  Wrong channel for that focus.

I think some of it is to reflect the nature of the OC.  Isn't there a substantial evangelical population there?  I don't like to see it on the show, either though, and I consider myself an evangelical Christian.  The show is just so tacky and messy - I don't like it mixed up with that. lol

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 5

I know losing weight is not easy for most anyone. However, Shannon has lots of money. I would be hiring a personal trainer to come to my house. I would hire a personal chef or sign up for one of those healthy meal delivery services. 

Kelly is vile. I don't even want to see her face. She is so crass and low brow.

vicki is with steve, because she can't be without a man. When someone who is more of a "bad boy" comes along, she will move on. I get the idea he is too nice, too stable and steady for her.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

Really, what is up with these women who think that the viewers want to hear about their vaginas? TMI

I swear on a stack of bibles (of any all faiths) it is not me, I do not want to hear about them or see them getting tightened or steamed or waxed.  If I ever entertained the idea of doing anything like that on TV please call a mental health professional for me.

• Love 21
42 minutes ago, bagger said:

I may be alone but I actually think Shannon looks younger with the fuller face.

You are not alone.  Extra body fat smooths it all out.  As that oft quoted Sophia Loren (was it her?):  At some point you have to choose your face or your ass (paraphrasing).

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

You are not alone.  Extra body fat smooths it all out.  As that oft quoted Sophia Loren (was it her?):  At some point you have to choose your face or your ass (paraphrasing).

Ha! Great quote.

• Love 6

I wish What Not To Wear was still around, because Shannon would be a perfect candidate for Stacy & Clinton's mantra of "learn to dress the body you have now, not the body you want."  She could look much better as she is now with a properly fitting wardrobe and that would go a long way to curing half of her weight gain cause, i.e., the self image issues that exist in her mind.  (The metabolism slowdown as menopause approaches is a bitch, but she's got a shitton of self loathing that is doing her more damage than aging.)

Vicki's BF Steve seems to be of few (at least on camera) words.  How much money do we have to slip the editors to put in thought bubbles of his internal dialog, a la his brother's old show, Blind Date?  Because I'd start a GoFundMe for that in a heartbeat.  He must be only in it for the delicious looking shrimp, but at what cost to his tomato stained clothing?

I was disappointed WWHL didn't have a disco remix of the various iterations of "cute" during the dress shopping scene.  Missed opportunity there.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

So Vicki's account became David beat Shannon. 

I

Do we know this? I know Kelly translated it as, "Your husband beats the shit out of you," but has it been established that's what Vicki originally said? Or did she simply repeat the one incident that happened?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lizzing said:

I wish What Not To Wear was still around, because Shannon would be a perfect candidate for Stacy & Clinton's mantra of "learn to dress the body you have now, not the body you want."  She could look much better as she is now with a properly fitting wardrobe and that would go a long way to curing half of her weight gain cause, i.e., the self image issues that exist in her mind.  (The metabolism slowdown as menopause approaches is a bitch, but she's got a shitton of self loathing that is doing her more damage than aging.)

Yes, that bothered me when she stated that she was not going to buy any "fat clothes". Wrong Shannon. You have money and can always give them to charity if you do find the motivation and self worth to lose weight. Buying for your old size puts unrealistic expectations on living the best life that you can in the here and now. You want feel well..then dress well NOW. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, nexxie said:

If Shannon doesn't buy "fat clothes" she must've already had them - or is Bravo buying them?

I'm sure she's seen the need to get a few things but nothing designer or pricey. Those are the ones I'm presuming she buys in the size that she wants to be. We wonder why David has lost interest? She doesn't even have interest in herself.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

I'm sure she's seen the need to get a few things but nothing designer or pricey. Those are the ones I'm presuming she buys in the size that she wants to be. We wonder why David has lost interest? She doesn't even have interest in herself.

That could be - I didn't consider expensive designer items.

It's hard to know which came first, the weight gain or David distancing himself - my guess would be David distancing himself. There's something really off about that relationship.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, chewycandy said:

I'm going to miss Heather. I will not miss Terry.

Wow, Steve looks like a good guy.

Lydia's kids are cute. Aspen is a cutie! I love how in the preview Megan asks if she's turning Jim on and the answer is a flat no.

Just a couple of articles on Vicki's "good" guy.

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/steve-lodge-dirty-cop-failed-candidate-wants-to-run-for-anaheim-city-council-again-6480454

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/does-council-hopeful-steve-chavez-lodge-really-live-in-west-anaheim-full-time-7653502

http://www.ocregister.com/2012/09/06/opponents-criticize-anaheim-candidates-police-officer-record/

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/judge-anaheim-council-hopeful-steve-lodge-told-bald-faced-lies-in-police-brutality-case-7620824

I'm not watching the show anymore. Logged on to see what all of you were posting. It doesn't seem like I'm missing much by not watching the show, I just cant with Vicki and Kelly, I just can't.  Glad to hear Jim is a great dad to his new daughter.

Y'all have fun.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

That is the kind of shoe she was putting on Aspen.  

Yea, I saw that. But she's not even walking, so I don't know that she needed ANY shoes. I just tried not to be too restrictive with clothing when they were little and couldn't voice their displeasure. But that's just me. 

• Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

To me, it really seemed as if Shannon was wearing a fat suit. It didn't look real. Maybe it is a fat suit and she will miraculously "lose" all of her weight. And I like Shannon.

She seems to carry it all on the top half of body - legs are still slim.

For her sake, I wish it was a fat suit!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

The alternative is Dallas where all of the women talked about poop.

52 minutes ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

All these shows do! A couple years ago Jewls did it on RHWNY! ;-)

On Atlanta, Kenya gifted Cynthia a vaginal rejuvenation session, Porsha did some yoni egg exercises, Phaedra kept talking about camel toe, and Kandi and Porsha got into a fight based on Phaedra's lies and their vaginas were part of the argument.

New York had professional vagina decorator, Cindy, as part of the cast. Jules some how injured her vulva in a window. Sonja got vaginal rejuvenation. 

Beverly Hills has had so much waxing.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

wasn't watching that much when she was on but Jeanna was a little thick in the middle and wasn't Jeanna kind of laid back? I mean if a former Playmate can handle a little middle age spread and not go bonkers and blame other people then Shannon can too. Also, Jeanna lost some weight and she's older than Shannon so Shannon can do it if she wanted to (but complaining is easier)

Yes, and Jeanna wore it well. Because she was confident in herself as a person. Shannon refuses to buy clothing that fits and it shows, both physically and in her demeanor. She's not comfortable! I turned 37 this year, and it seems ever since 35 I've been gaining a lb a year. And I work out and TRY to eat healthy ("try being the operative word. I do pretty good, but I'm not perfect). But as we age, and hormones change, it's often a lot harder. I was feeling so awful in my pants, I splurged and went and bought my first double digit size pants. I feel and look a lot better, so fuck it. I don't care. Shannon either needs to realize that she IS a larger size and dress accordingly, OR take all that money she has and get a trainer and a meal plan delivered to the house. She certainly has a lot more resources than I do. I swear, she DOES just want something to whinge about. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

I wonder if she has tracking apps on his car and phone now. Maybe has to call every 15 minutes or answer by the 3rd ring to make sure he's not up to no good.

I bet she has a potato detecting app hooked up the guy. 

2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Last year Shannon shared a story where they were filming and Tamra had her grandbaby and Jim Edmonds took care of the baby while they filmed.  Jim does have four children so I am surprised people find him to be a good father, as in a newsflash.  I don't think Meghan would have wanted a child with him if he hadn't displayed stellar parenting qualities with his four other children.  His smart mouth doesn't necessarily rule out good parenting.  I thought he was also very kind when his ex wife was dying.

Fair point, but there are men out there with TWICE as many children who are shit fathers. (Matt Baier, I'm looking at you.) I guess I based my assumption on the fact that he travels so much and seems insanely apathetic towards his wife. I'm glad to be proven wrong, however!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I think some of it is to reflect the nature of the OC.  Isn't there a substantial evangelical population there?  I don't like to see it on the show, either though, and I consider myself an evangelical Christian.  The show is just so tacky and messy - I don't like it mixed up with that. lol

Yes, the culture and demographics of affluent/white Southern California once you get past Los Angeles have historically skewed conservative, Republican, and Protestant. It's been an ancillary element of the program from its inception - weren't Lauri and Vicki both members of the fundamentalist Saddleback Church?

I'm much more comfortable with Lydia (and Alexis in the past) discussing how their faith informs their approaches to family and friendship than watching Vicki compare herself to the Messiah. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I still can't wrap my head around calling the cops to stop a non-violent fight.  My husband and I had some heated drunken arguments but at no time did I ever consider calling a police officer.  Either Shannon is so insane that she decided to do that to be punitive to her husband or she was very much in fear of escalation or it did escalate.  I believe now she is in CYA mode which is why she calls it an attempt to stop an argument.

Don't forget that David plead guilty to battery of a cohabitant as part of a deal, which is really strange in retrospect if Shannon's story at the time was the same as it is today. 

Of course, it's even weirder that her defense against Vicki's latest allegations last season was that, no, David doesn't beat the shit out of her; in fact, he's so apparently fearful of her behavior when she gets blackout drunk that he locks himself inside of the bedroom.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I personally think she needs to embrace her curves.  Work out, stay healthy but quit stressing out over it.  She will never be Tamra small.  She looks normal, not huge or fat, just curvy.  She would look better if she were comfortable with her size.

Just my opinion, I don't think Shannon looks normal. She looks heavy, let's not forget the camera adds 10 lbs. Maybe she's a bit smaller in real life, but let's call it what it is. She gained 40 lbs. She really was very thin at one time, not Tamra small because Tamra is short (petite). I don't know Shannon's actual height, she looks tall to me. Hey, I'm not knocking her, I gained menopause weight and still haven't been able to take it off, but Shannon looking normal, not seeing it. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Last year Shannon shared a story where they were filming and Tamra had her grandbaby and Jim Edmonds took care of the baby while they filmed.  Jim does have four children so I am surprised people find him to be a good father, as in a newsflash.  I don't think Meghan would have wanted a child with him if he hadn't displayed stellar parenting qualities with his four other children.  His smart mouth doesn't necessarily rule out good parenting.  I thought he was also very kind when his ex wife was dying.

Yeah....but.....he has 3 sets of kids with 3 women, right?  2 older ones with the ex who died, 2 younger ones (thinking preteens, maybe?) with an ex in St. Louis, and now Aspen?

To me (and I will admit to judgey eyes), the fact that he chooses to live away from his middle set of kids for a substantial part of the year (at least), who are still young, so Meghan can be a housewife in OC does not translate to "great dad."  I know at first his older kids were in California with the ex but they are grown and out of the house, correct?  I guess I'd just have more respect for him as a father if he lived full-time in St. Louis so he could raise Aspen with those kids.  Because my guess is that even when he's "home" in St. Louis, he travels a lot for his job.  They are very fortunate to have choices of where to live and work that 99.6% of people don't.

So I admit I was surprised he was kind of hands on because we hear almost nothing about his second set of kids. He might be a great dad with them when he's with them but I don't think he's with them all that much.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Just my opinion, I don't think Shannon looks normal. She looks heavy, let's not forget the camera adds 10 lbs. Maybe she's a bit smaller in real life, but let's call it what it is. She gained 40 lbs. She really was very thin at one time, not Tamra small because Tamra is short (petite). I don't know Shannon's actual height, she looks tall to me. Hey, I'm not knocking her, I gained menopause weight and still haven't been able to take it off, but Shannon looking normal, not seeing it. 

I do agree she is larger than she was but she looks like most women of a certain age not on tv.  If I were to guess Shannon is about 5'5 or 5'6.  Just checked and it says she is 5'5.  Sure she isn't skinny or thin but I would hazard to guess she is a 10/12 which is smaller than the average woman of this country.  I don't think she is much different from Vicki in size now.  But we all see things differently.  Season 1 she said she weighed about 118-120.  Then she said she gained about 20lbs so lets say 140.  I don't think she is 180 at her height.  Maybe 160.  

• Love 9

Of course Jim looks like a good dad for the five minutes he was on screen. Lets see him let her sleep in and him handle the 2am feeding or dealing with colic and handling poopy diaper baby.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I do agree she is larger than she was but she looks like most women of a certain age not on tv.  If I were to guess Shannon is about 5'5 or 5'6.  Just checked and it says she is 5'5.  Sure she isn't skinny or thin but I would hazard to guess she is a 10/12 which is smaller than the average woman of this country.  I don't think she is much different from Vicki in size now.  But we all see things differently.  Season 1 she said she weighed about 118-120.  Then she said she gained about 20lbs so lets say 140.  I don't think she is 180 at her height.  Maybe 160.  

This is all about the company these women keep; come on! You have skinny Tamra, Lydia, and other OC bimbos and they're buddy-buddy with regular women with curves like Vicki, Shannon, & Kelly! Not everyone can remain a stick in their 50's! I'm fighting the battle, but have found giving up "gluton" has helped! Nothing white should be eaten; bleached breads & pastas, rice, potatoes, etc.! I collected "it" for days unable to pass so giving it up has regulated my system and inches are falling off every day! My problem has been with "bloat" not fat! I'll be able to get back into my wardrobe! ;-)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

This is all about the company these women keep; come on! You have skinny Tamra, Lydia, and other OC bimbos and they're buddy-buddy with regular women with curves like Vicki, Shannon, & Kelly! Not everyone can remain a stick in their 50's! I'm fighting the battle, but have found giving up "gluton" has helped! Nothing white should be eaten; bleached breads & pastas, rice, potatoes, etc.! I collected "it" for days unable to pass so giving it up has regulated my system and inches are falling off every day! My problem has been with "bloat" not fat! I'll be able to get back into my wardrobe! ;-)

Exactly!  So while getting healthier (and stopping the vodka) is something that should be on her radar, rock the curves.  She can afford a fab wardrobe so dress it up!  She seems very 'glass 1/2 empty'.  That said its a pisser when your clothes no longer fit.  

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Just a couple of articles on Vicki's "good" guy.

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/steve-lodge-dirty-cop-failed-candidate-wants-to-run-for-anaheim-city-council-again-6480454

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/does-council-hopeful-steve-chavez-lodge-really-live-in-west-anaheim-full-time-7653502

http://www.ocregister.com/2012/09/06/opponents-criticize-anaheim-candidates-police-officer-record/

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/judge-anaheim-council-hopeful-steve-lodge-told-bald-faced-lies-in-police-brutality-case-7620824

I'm not watching the show anymore. Logged on to see what all of you were posting. It doesn't seem like I'm missing much by not watching the show, I just cant with Vicki and Kelly, I just can't.  Glad to hear Jim is a great dad to his new daughter.

Y'all have fun.

I'm surprised Vicki doesn't like him better - seems like her kind of guy.

• Love 14

Shannon can buy clothes for her current size, and if she loses the weight, she can afford to take them to a good tailor and have them fitted for her new size. But...I kind of understand why she doesn't want to buy clothes for her current body.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Shannon can buy clothes for her current size, and if she loses the weight, she can afford to take them to a good tailor and have them fitted for her new size. But...I kind of understand why she doesn't want to buy clothes for her current body.

I understand it too - psychologically speaking, buying bigger clothes is sort of accepting that the change will be more long-term. Normally I only have two pairs of "fat" pants for when I eat too much on vacation or feel bloated - but the intention is to get back to normal asap. It was the same when I suddenly lost way too much weight due to Lyme disease - I belted everything and looked like I was wearing sacks because I intended for the emaciated look to be temporary. Thank goodness, it was.

• Love 9

I would personally love to see more of Archie at this point.  It will never happen as there is far more value to the various parties bad mouthing each other.  Now it is all about who goes the lowest. 

I agree, I dislike how the objective of this show seems to be who can retaliate the hardest and ugliest against someone.

When Vicki was at lunch with Lydia, it really struck me, you can never ever have a friendship with Vicki.  Listen to what she says, if you hit me I will hit you back harder.  That's not a friend.  A friend does not want to  hit you back, friends don't want to get into a sparring fight with each other.  Even if Tamra hurt Vicki's feelings, this is not how friends work out being hurt.  They don't fight dirty and hit you below the belt.  Then it occurred to me, you can never win with Vicki, because she will always find herself attacked in the first place where she has to hit you back.  She's always going to resort to low blows and get you back for the transgressions you made against her first, and she justifies it because you fired the first shot.  The fact is she sees everything as a transgression against her, so she will always retaliate back for something you did not even know you did.  A friendship with her will eventually fail because you will disappoint her, and then she will piss on you.

• Love 24
18 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Totally.  It BLOWS big time when you have gained weight.  I wish Shannon liked Shannon more.  She allowed herself to gain weight.  It didn't sneak up on her in the night.  Now she needs to allow herself to take care of her body and move the eff on.  I heard she has a good friend who owns a gym and can train her...

• Love 13

I am surprised how many people are reacting negatively about the prayer group.  When Lydia was on the show before we saw scenes with her prayer group then too.  I think the show used this as the catalyst for introducing Lydia back and tying it in with Tamra.  They usually try to make it look organic how the new people come on the show, with Heather it was via a Real estate showing.  I really don't see this as a big deal, Lydia is religious.

• Love 9

Archie definitely was the highlight for me.  

I agree but I really hope they fence in that backyard.  Archie is a puppy and it looks like below is a busy street (the PCH maybe?) No amount of "Come, Archie" will convince him if he's chasing a squirrel down that hill.  

I need the friendship whisperer to stop with the "cutesy" sound effects in her TH, she needs to mind her own business and I don't mind if she just goes away. 

I'm annoyed she's back as she's my least favorite HW.  In one of her TH's she was channeling a Kristin Wiig character from SNL--a caricature; not cute for an adult in real life.   Everything about her is just so juvenile.  

When Lydia told Vicki that Tamra was in her bible study class, Vicki said, "how did that happen?"  Um, Vicki, you're the OG--you know how these things work: Production called her!!!

So I'm not married nor have kids, but it seems like it sucks when one person is on a diet but the rest of the family isn't and wants to eat yummy food (translation: no quinoa bowls every night).  Does the whole family have to be on a diet as well?  I can't imagine making two different meals but to restrict growing children of good food seems not really a good option either.  

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, FamilyVan said:

I am surprised how many people are reacting negatively about the prayer group.  When Lydia was on the show before we saw scenes with her prayer group then too.  I think the show used this as the catalyst for introducing Lydia back and tying it in with Tamra.  They usually try to make it look organic how the new people come on the show, with Heather it was via a Real estate showing.  I really don't see this as a big deal, Lydia is religious.

I'm not bothered at all that Lydia is religious. Nor do I care that any of the other women may be. I'm a Christian myself (although I do not attend church.) I don't mind her talking about it any more than Tamra does, and how it related to her life. But the Bible club was a bit much to me. Show the women after, maybe, while they're just socializing. But I have been to Bible studies and they were always pretty serious and intimate and it felt kind of gross having it part of the show. Plus, even though I have my own religious beliefs, I don't like to get too heavy into religion OR politics on these shows. It wasn't THAT bad, but I just hoped they weren't setting a precedent for the season. 

• Love 12

I hope Shannon has some close girlfriends or a good therapist, she is in a downward spiral.  I don't think it's just the affair or the abuse accusations, they must be having some kind of financial difficulty that they sold their giant mansion and have been living in a rental house (yes, an amazing rental house but still a steep downgrade) for 2 years?  There's no talk of building or buying a house at this point, which is just odd.  Isn't David a contractor?  Aren't they just throwing money away on a rental?  Perhaps the rental is payment for a job?  I don't know.  40 pounds in 6 months, is a lot.  She must have some health issue going on as well.

Lydia is the new Heather?  Lives in a mansion with the perfect husband and kids?  I know she was on the show before, but she's a poor replacement for Heather.  Why didn't they start their kid with training wheels in stead of a balance bike?  Clearly the kid was afraid.

I don't get Brianna, she basically abandons her husband because she doesn't like Oklahoma and mommy offers to buy her a house to come back?  Really?  Its been a year, is the husband really going to come back?  I've lived in Oklahoma, its not that bad, especially when you get to live in a Mansion and don't have to work.  Ugh.

Vicki is just boring, but at this point they aren't going to take her off the show.

Tamra is Tamra, whatever, same storyline every season.  How do they hold on to that gym?  Whenever they film, they are the only ones there.

Duly noted that Meghan now has a puppy and a baby.  Looks like Jim does a lot of the childcare when he's there...I would guess she has a nanny the rest of the time?

Kelly is still gross.

• Love 6