Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: "The Great DIvide"

• Start Topic

Vicki is busy expanding her business and moving offices, Tamra is reuniting with an old friend, while Shannon struggles with her weight and her marriage. Kelly's concerned her mother's becoming a hermit and Meghan is making her way back to Orange County after the birth of her baby, Aspen. Returning housewife Lydia is determined to bring Tamra and Vicki back together.

• Love 7

I'm gonna give the ol' OC one more try.  But only because of Lydia.  If she can make these banshees calm themselves, I might be able to stand it.  I didn't watch last season very regularly so I hope I'll be able to pick up where I left off.

I respected Lydia for leaving.  Slight side eye for her return.

Did Heather's house ever get finished?  I'm curious to see that.  Especially the front door she designed that didn't pass Terry's muster.

• Love 16

I know I'm in the minority here, however, if I don't see the downfall of Tamra this season I'll be done. I don't like Vicki, I don't like Kelly, I don't like Shannon....but I have a very different feeling about Tamra......and that is: go away forever Tamra or I will never watch this HoWives franchise again (even though I do like seeing the local restaurants they go to thus it is also my restaurant review for the OC!)

• Love 17
19 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I'm gonna give the ol' OC one more try.  But only because of Lydia.  If she can make these banshees calm themselves, I might be able to stand it.  I didn't watch last season very regularly so I hope I'll be able to pick up where I left off.

I respected Lydia for leaving.  Slight side eye for her return.

Did Heather's house ever get finished?  I'm curious to see that.  Especially the front door she designed that didn't pass Terry's muster.

Heather is gone so it is unlikely we will see her finished house. They wanted to make her a FOH, she said no and walked away without looking back.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Heather is gone so it is unlikely we will see her finished house. They wanted to make her a FOH, she said no and walked away without looking back.

Reeeealllly!!?  Wow, I'm surprised!  And a little bit bummed.

I caught a bit of a rerun the other day when she and Terry were out to dinner and she was telling him about the door she designed with the tree and the birds representing them and the kids.  It either had the possibility of being gorgeous and unique or over-the-top and tacky like Teresa and Juicy's front door.

• Love 5

Season 12 isn't available on Amazon, which is where I've been getting my RHOC fix (since cutting the cable), but as of this morning they STILL aren't offering Season 12!  What gives?  Does anyone know where I can buy or stream Season 12?

Because this trailer makes it seem like these 'ladies' are really calling on the Lord this season, I'd just like to ask the Baby Jesus to help them stop screaming and throwing shit while at the table.  Amen.

• Love 23
27 minutes ago, ryebread said:

ITA.  She's evil and the vilest of the vile and why I stopped watching the OC in the first place.  Gretchen was no prize but Tamra's attempt to get her naked wasted and then the phony pointing and hatefulness during the "You went to Bass Lake?" was beyond the pale. Her treatment of Alexis at the pre-grand opening of Cut.  Ugh.  We can go on and on.  Special place in hell for that one.

I agree - pure evil, and hiding behind religion.

Too bad Shannon has fallen for the act.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

Because this trailer makes it seem like these 'ladies' are really calling on the Lord this season, I'd just like to ask the Baby Jesus to help them stop screaming and throwing shit while at the table.  Amen.

I still cannot tell who needs medical attention.  Anyone figure it out?

2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Mmm, I know that's Heather's official story but I can't help wondering if there was something else, e.g. issues at home that made her not come back. It was great money, an easy few-months job (despite her pearl clutching over Vix and Kelly, but, curiously, never Tamra) and fed the fame-ho aspect of her personality by keeping her in the public eye. Her imdb has only 1 recent guest shot and several hosting gigs. 

2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I know I'm in the minority here, however, if I don't see the downfall of Tamra this season I'll be done. I don't like Vicki, I don't like Kelly, I don't like Shannon....but I have a very different feeling about Tamra......and that is: go away forever Tamra or I will never watch this HoWives franchise again (even though I do like seeing the local restaurants they go to thus it is also my restaurant review for the OC!)

1fduy6.jpg

• Love 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Mmm, I know that's Heather's official story but I can't help wondering if there was something else, e.g. issues at home that made her not come back. It was great money, an easy few-months job (despite her pearl clutching over Vix and Kelly, but, curiously, never Tamra) and fed the fame-ho aspect of her personality by keeping her in the public eye. Her imdb has only 1 recent guest shot and several hosting gigs. 

1fduy6.jpg

Kelly verified this in an interview she gave, she said that all of the other have been talking about it. Heather refused to be a FOH and walked away. Oh, and Heather only had nice things to say about her time on the show.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Kelly verified this in an interview she gave, she said that all of the other have been talking about it. Heather refused to be a FOH and walked away.

Yes, I get that and I am sure Heather's healthy ego did not like the downgrade. IMO, there may be more that's not being expressed, because, again, H's ego.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Yes, I get that and I am sure Heather's healthy ego did not like the downgrade. IMO, there may be more that's not being expressed, because, again, H's ego.

I agree, I am sure Heather felt insulted being downgraded and that played a big part in her decision. After all, they have kept Vicky no matter what and they brought back horrid Kelly but them wanted to make Heather a FOH while bringing back Lydia (who is boring) and adding a new HW. So, I do see her ego at play here but I don't blame her 1 bit but honestly, she didn't fit in with these women to begin with (and I like her). That said, she/Terry have their hands full with their skin care line, his medical practice and his Botched shows, so someone needed to be there to hold the fort down at home, looks like it will be Heather once again.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Lydia returns and is intent on bringing Vicki and Tamra back together.

ZM can you copy and paste this into your first post? It's the episode synopsis. Thanks!

S12/E1: The Great Divide

Vicki is busy expanding her business and moving offices, Tamra is reuniting with an old friend, while Shannon struggles with her weight and her marriage. Kelly's concerned her mother's becoming a hermit and Meghan is making her way back to Orange County after the birth of her baby, Aspen. Returning housewife Lydia is determined to bring Tamra and Vicki back together.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, steelcitysister said:

1fduy6.jpg

Maybe they lost Collette in the McNauseleum?

The house will not be finished for a while because they can't shell out any more money upfront?

• Love 9
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Lydia returns and is intent on bringing Vicki and Tamra back together.

I hope she manages to get them to take a fun road trip together - they can drive right of the oc and we'll never have to see them again!

• Love 15
23 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

ZM can you copy and paste this into your first post? It's the episode synopsis. Thanks!

S12/E1: The Great Divide

I thought about writing:  Vicki is expanding her con game, Tamra snagged the new RH as an assigned friend, Shannon hasn't figured out that she consumes more calories than she burns and the world has had enough of her marital troubles, no cares about Kelly or her mom, endless Meghan being the first women ever to have a baby.  So I settled for the Lydia option because it seemed to be relevant to the title of the episode.  ;-D 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

I caught a bit of a rerun the other day when she and Terry were out to dinner and she was telling him about the door she designed with the tree and the birds representing them and the kids.  It either had the possibility of being gorgeous and unique or over-the-top and tacky like Teresa and Juicy's front door.

It was a huge window, and it sounded AWFUL!  But... I have seen it and have to admit it is beautiful.  It was on her instagram (of course), with a bunch of other pics of the house.

If I can find a link, I will add it.

1 hour ago, steelcitysister said:

I think it is Vicky who needs medical attention (and all other forms of attention), she was on a talk show this morning and said that she thought she was having a stroke.

I absolutely agree - I feel like there is a LOT more at play here with Heather not returning.  I am sure she is not divulging an ounce of info - she is like that.  But I bet there is way more to the story.  I know that she is a "real actress" but this show made her a household name.

38 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Latest story on Heather is she the producers could not agree to her salary demands.

I can definitely see that.  I bet Terry is so mad she is not returning.  He really loved being a housewife.  And now how will they show off their house???

• Love 15
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Latest story on Heather is she the producers could not agree to her salary demands.

Maybe Ms. Terry was demanding more money too. Those are some huge egos on the DuBrows.

SteelCitySister: LOVE the pic of the crying baby! Lol! How can I say "no" to that?! Of course I'll stay! Lol.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I agree, I am sure Heather felt insulted being downgraded and that played a big part in her decision. After all, they have kept Vicky no matter what and they brought back horrid Kelly but them wanted to make Heather a FOH while bringing back Lydia (who is boring) and adding a new HW. So, I do see her ego at play here but I don't blame her 1 bit but honestly, she didn't fit in with these women to begin with (and I like her). That said, she/Terry have their hands full with their skin care line, his medical practice and his Botched shows, so someone needed to be there to hold the fort down at home, looks like it will be Heather once again.

I remember when Alex McCord declined a FOH role, and said that it's for less money but they want to film you just as much -- following you everywhere, being in your home, et cetera. It sounds like a lot for a little.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

I remember when Alex McCord declined a FOH role, and said that it's for less money but they want to film you just as much -- following you everywhere, being in your home, et cetera. It sounds like a lot for a little.

I think Alex would have taken minimum wage to stay on.  Neither she or Simon could find jobs after they lost theirs while filming RHONYC.

• Love 13

I thought Meghan wasn't coming back after her baby

Yeah, I thought the same...I also thought it was Heather's choice to leave, and being offered "FOH" was production's way of attempting to keep her on in some capacity? Anyways, when I think of Heather I always think of her as a RHOBH. Takes a minute for me to remember she's even a RHOC.

• Love 12

This is the only housewife show I watch where I don't really like anyone but for the love of all that is holy are they bringing Lydia back?????

Her happy pixie schtick is tiresome and quite frankly IMO so was her mother's. 

Why no Lynne curtain with her endless daughter dramas or addiction to plastic surgery? Or good old Tammy? Or he'll a new housewife?

3 minutes ago, raiderred1 said:

Who is in the group with "Icky" Vicki's family in the intro next to Michael? Michael's boyfriend?  

Vicky has a new boyfriend don't you know? ?

3 hours ago, teapot said:

If I was Kelly's mother I would never show my face in public again.  #maderespect

Kelly has the least compelling family in any housewife franchise.

• Love 8

I think a big reason Heather didn't return was them keeping Kelly. Either during the previous season's reunion or "lost footage" special, I remember she almost quit when Kelly started calling someone a "c***" at the top of lungs in the Japanese restaurant and Kelly could not understand that the walls are literally paper-thin so everyone in the building heard her ranting.

• Love 21
(edited)

I've watched every single episode of this franchise. ( I know., I have no life)! This is the first time I'm not looking forward to a premier. I didn't like Lydia the first time and can't understand why they brought her back. I wasn't a huge fan of Heathers so not going to miss her, but really wanted to see her McMansion.

I thought  Meagan wasn't coming back either, hopefully they don't show her too much. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 9
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

LOL! Tsunami Hazard! 

FYI....I'm blaming all of you for my stress weight gain. (just kidding) :)

Can you believe Shannon's trying to blame Vicki for her being a porker? This woman is unbelievable! I'd have sympathy for her if she weren't such a high-maintenance blob being suckered by the vilest woman on the show; TAMRA! She's truly evil incarnate if you just look at how she's run things with her family and creates drama with everyone around her! Her self-indulgence knows no bounds! ;-)

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 9

Sigh. I can relate to Shannon's weight gain. I went through some stuff and put it on, and I need that motivation to lose it... which goes hand in hand with a better frame of mind. That said, it's not literally Vicki's fault she gained weight, so she should can that part of the narrative. The sooner she OWNS IT!!!1!1!, the sooner she can take control of her habits. Blaming Vicks, or David, does nothing to help.

That said, it looks like David is once again playing the role of Douchey McDoucherson. 

I definitely loved (LOL) the women's Bible study scenes. The hugs! The tea! The standing in the kitchen talking! The crying! The laying on of hands! The "I wanna lift up..." It's all true. Especially Tams saying "I'll pray about it" (which is very frequently code for "I want to say no but I want to look spiritual"). I really really REALLY hope Tams is changing for the better. Guess we'll see. 

Meghan looks like Betty Draper in the credits. But why is she wearing an Ice Capades dress in the THs?

Kelly and Vicks, calling others "pigs"? Pots, meet kettle. The look on Vicki's face was just heinous at one point.

• Love 19
(edited)

That dirty pig/succubus, Trailer Park Tamra, just said she "prays for Kelly." She's too illiterate and dumb to realize that she sounds like a hypocritical Pharisee. Now she's 'crying' with no tears, as usual. That is one trashy ape. 

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 23
(edited)
8 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Is this the 700 club? 

Well, it's the OC, so it's probably more like the 700 nickels and dimes club...

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 9