Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I saw on youtube a couple of videos of Jeremy supposedly trying to fix up his brother with Jana.

Oh really? this could mean Jana can wear pants! 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

My, my, those are awfully cozy poses for two people who've allegedly never had a moment alone together!

Of all the Duggar couples, I'm finding it impossible to snark on these two. Abbie is adorable and at least has some education and work experience. JD has skills he can use to support a family. They're old enough to have a more accurate idea of what they want in a partner, as opposed to marrying the first person who makes googly eyes at them. 

They look genuinely happy together and I'm happy for them.

This is JD's first courtship, and probably the first time a girl outside his family who has given JD the time of day. They may look genuinely happy together for now, but time will tell.

46 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

My, my, those are awfully cozy poses for two people who've allegedly never had a moment alone together!

Of all the Duggar couples, I'm finding it impossible to snark on these two. Abbie is adorable and at least has some education and work experience. JD has skills he can use to support a family. They're old enough to have a more accurate idea of what they want in a partner, as opposed to marrying the first person who makes googly eyes at them. 

They look genuinely happy together and I'm happy for them.

A huge plus is their ages.  That alone will limit their family size, which I think is good.

They are about the ages my daughter and SIL were, when they got married.  Although they aren't going to have kids, it was good that they had several years of work (and life) experience, to know what they wanted.  Abbie is adorable, I agree.

• Love 9

I agree that an engagement announcement is coming soon. These people announce a 'new' courtship months after it really began. These two are further in than they publicly admit to. Wedding?   September or October IMO.

• Love 7

Is Abbie playing with John's hair in the first photo? 

I'm betting on an October/November/December wedding. It's too late for them to pull together a September event. 

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Is Abbie playing with John's hair in the first photo? 

I'm betting on an October/November/December wedding. It's too late for them to pull together a September event. 

What do you mean too late??  They know how to cut ice cream blocks for the ice cream sodas thanks to Jill.  A trip to Aldis and a trip to Sam's and they'll be all set to throw a Duggar wedding.  I'm sure Jana can sew some Franken-dresses by then. 

Seriously though, I think you're right.  I hope they have a nice wedding with the people they care about and not a tacky gift grab.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

This is JD's first courtship, and probably the first time a girl outside his family who has given JD the time of day. They may look genuinely happy together for now, but time will tell.

Plus, it's always a bad sign when someone with some legitimate education and/or means of financial independence chooses that lifestyle. 

• Love 2
On July 14, 2018 at 10:02 AM, beagletime said:

orkIn the old days when I was a secretary, it was not an easy job,  Shorthand and typing without erasures is not easy.  I worked for a real estate company and typed reams of documents.  All had to be error free.  Before spell check you had to know spelling and grammar.  Most of which I've forgotten.  Different types of envelopes had their own ways of being addressed.  We didn't just slap a pre-printed label on things. Dictaphone machines take a lot of practice. Carbon paper, who remembers onion skin paper?  There was a business etiquette for answering phones.  I learned to work a switchboard with all the plug in cables.  Secretaries with a good company could have a very nice career.  It was not a all a demeaning position.  Bad management can happen in any job at any level.  I really enjoyed being a secretary.  Men doing those jobs were called secretaries before women were in the workforce.  We need to take back the name!  

My mother was a secretary in the early 1940's - she did shorthand and dictation, plus typing up the dictaphone tapes.  She taught me a bit of shorthand and when I hit 9th grade she insisted that one of my two electives should be typing.  Since we were in a rural, poor area, all the typewriters were manual ones.  I learned with carbon paper and onion skin.  One of the best things I ever did.  By the end of the year I could type, on average, 100-110 words per minute on a manual typewriter.  

That said, I routinely bust telemarketers when using improper phone etiquette.  I tell them that you don't call and say, oh hey, can I talk to Jane?  No, You identify who you are, what company you are with, and the reason for your call, otherwise you don't advance.  Seriously, I would have been fired from multiple jobs if I had made a call like that.

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Lunera said:

I smell an engagement announcement coming soon. 2 pictures

This may be the one Duggar marriage that was actually rushed because the vows were anticipated.  And good for them if it's so.   I have long worried about JD and seeing him so comfortable touching and being touched is a happy surprise.  It would seem he truly waited until he was ready, versus all other speculation along the way.

9 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Oh really? this could mean Jana can wear pants! 

And the brother seems pretty laid back, and not the metrosexual attention seeker that Babe is.  And his hands are dirty, which Jana likes!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It may have been one of Abby's siblings. They may have different courting rules.

They must.  Abby has already seen her fair share of penises on the job.  It would be bizarre to try to shelter her at this point.  She looks like she's not waiting for anyone's permission, and neither is JD.  I think this is my favorite couple.   

Married people love to match make, and often want everyone to be married.  I'm hopeful for Jana (assuming she's interested).  At the very least I hope Jana and Abbie will be close.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

My mother was a secretary in the early 1940's - she did shorthand and dictation, plus typing up the dictaphone tapes.  She taught me a bit of shorthand and when I hit 9th grade she insisted that one of my two electives should be typing.  Since we were in a rural, poor area, all the typewriters were manual ones.  I learned with carbon paper and onion skin.  One of the best things I ever did.  By the end of the year I could type, on average, 100-110 words per minute on a manual typewriter.  

That said, I routinely bust telemarketers when using improper phone etiquette.  I tell them that you don't call and say, oh hey, can I talk to Jane?  No, You identify who you are, what company you are with, and the reason for your call, otherwise you don't advance.  Seriously, I would have been fired from multiple jobs if I had made a call like that.

Not only did I learn to type on a manual typewriter with onion skin and carbon paper, I learned with the keys of the typewriter blanked out.  One of the most useful skills I ever learned was "touch typing".

• Love 6
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I have long worried about JD and seeing him so comfortable touching and being touched is a happy surprise.  It would seem he truly waited until he was ready, versus all other speculation along the way.

My first thought was : Pay attention! We all know you're horny, but you're piloting a plane, for god's sake!

What a beautiful view from up there!  Lucky Abbie, if she lives, to go anywhere she wants when she wants.

So the scruffy V-bro and Jana, huh? Hmmm....not looking like a match to me. He seems too worldly. She seems so mousey.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And a dress for Michelle. LOLbc307adc7f98f0017bd3bb6c197f05ca.jpg

She can wear it with one of Jill's ugly mustard sweaters because that dress is all kinds of Nike for MeChelle to wear without being covered.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And a dress for Michelle. LOLbc307adc7f98f0017bd3bb6c197f05ca.jpg

Wow. This is from Omar The Tent-Maker's Fall collection, right? But unfortunately not modest enough for MOTY MEchelle. As @Fuzzysox said, it needs the mustard sweater because those collarbones and shoulders are defrauding as all hell.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

This may be the one Duggar marriage that was actually rushed because the vows were anticipated.  And good for them if it's so.   I have long worried about JD and seeing him so comfortable touching and being touched is a happy surprise.  It would seem he truly waited until he was ready, versus all other speculation along the way.

And the brother seems pretty laid back, and not the metrosexual attention seeker that Babe is.  And his hands are dirty, which Jana likes!

I agree that Abbie is adorable.  She looks wholesome and friendly.  And even if Jeremy’s brother doesn’t suit, at least he is thinking about Jana, which is more than 95% of the family seems inclined to do, which I think speaks well of Jeremy.

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

JB seems to be in a big rush getting his children married off.

I have a theory on why he is in such a rush. Weddings and babies are the only time he and Michelle can be on the show. Since the Josh scandal, they were not allowed on the show (ha) but how can they deny them on camera when there is a wedding or birth? So, I guess from now on, that's all we'll see and we are stuck with seeing Boob and the Hairball.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

I agree that Abbie is adorable.  She looks wholesome and friendly.  And even if Jeremy’s brother doesn’t suit, at least he is thinking about Jana, which is more than 95% of the family seems inclined to do, which I think speaks well of Jeremy.

Considering how much Jinger has changed since marrying Jeremy, I can’t see Jim Bob allowing Jana to marry his brother, although the main reason would be that he wouldn’t want her to leave their area of Arkansas. 

That being said, I wonder how Jessa would react to Jana marrying Jeremy’s brother. She and Jinger were always the closest of the sisters and I’m sure the dynamic would change if Jana and Jinger were the sisters married to brothers. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I have a theory on why he is in such a rush. Weddings and babies are the only time he and Michelle can be on the show. Since the Josh scandal, they were not allowed on the show (ha) but how can they deny them on camera when there is a wedding or birth? So, I guess from now on, that's all we'll see and we are stuck with seeing Boob and the Hairball.

My cat resents your comparison of the product of her royal stomach to Michelle Duggar. 

• Love 19
19 hours ago, Normades said:

What do you mean too late??  They know how to cut ice cream blocks for the ice cream sodas thanks to Jill.  A trip to Aldis and a trip to Sam's and they'll be all set to throw a Duggar wedding.  I'm sure Jana can sew some Franken-dresses by then. 

Seriously though, I think you're right.  I hope they have a nice wedding with the people they care about and not a tacky gift grab.

I would like to see them fly to Vegas alone (!) and get married by Elvis.  Or really anyone in Vegas.  As long as they are alone and can do what they want.  They are cute together.  

16 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Perhaps this for Michelle?

1_1abbc093ed54f7ffba3eef28dbc7b36c.jpg

Only if Josie has one as well

3 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

She can wear it with one of Jill's ugly mustard sweaters because that dress is all kinds of Nike for MeChelle to wear without being covered.

The style is Endora-like!  Looks very comfortable.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I would like to see them fly to Vegas alone (!) and get married by Elvis.  Or really anyone in Vegas.  As long as they are alone and can do what they want.  They are cute together.  

Only if Josie has one as well

The style is Endora-like!  Looks very comfortable.

Endora is a possibility.  After the original shock wore off, I thought the dress reminded me of Miss Beadle from Little House On The Prairie.

• Love 3

I think that JD and Abbie are cute together.  They are older and Abbie has some education and both have viable skills.  I do hope that they don't live near TTH and JD passes the shuttling the family via plane to someone else so that he can concentrate on their life together.  

I'm also on board with them flying to Vegas with Jana as the witness and eloping.  

• Love 9
(edited)

They look sweet together, and for real!! happy, I'm glad/hoping they are doing their own thing.  The Instagram comments are a dumpster fire though. Good God.. John-David didn't do anything to deserve that. A tell-all would be delicious, but I don't think he'd want to harm his siblings.  He could go either way. Hopefully, he's making his own decisions and acting like the grown man he is. I can also see him turning into Jim Bob 2.0. Gross as they are, Jim Bob, and at first, Michelle, did have a lot of ambition and achieved quite a bit. Not implying it was that good, but they had access to the means to do great and positive things with their lives, but chose to be judgmental , hypocritical, bigots. They are pretty gross and have done despicable things, but their children weren't walking around like lost, emaciated, geckos. Don't be a jerk John, choose to be a good guy with a live and let live attitude, and make a positive legacy in this world. Josh fucked up, but you can do this. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by HoboClayton
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, littlemissmack said:

It appears that Jason sold his flipped house.  He incorporated reclaimed wall accent walls and barn doors.  I wonder if Jana helped him with the design.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/605-Mock-st,-prarie-grove-ar_rb/?fromHomePage=true&shouldFireSellPageImplicitClaimGA=false&fromHomePageTab=buy

barn door.jpg

kitchen.jpg

Cute house and nice job. Unless there's a pantry, that kitchen has no storage. Not even enough for a single person.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Cute house and nice job. Unless there's a pantry, that kitchen has no storage. Not even enough for a single person.

But they don't cook, so why would they think of that!

It's funny...they're so old-fashioned in everything and claim to not watch TV. But when it has the scent of money on it, they're up to date for resale and obviously have watched some HGTV. I think they now twist that and rationalize that watching on an Ipad doesn't count.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, littlemissmack said:

It appears that Jason sold his flipped house.  He incorporated reclaimed wall accent walls and barn doors.  I wonder if Jana helped him with the design.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/605-Mock-st,-prarie-grove-ar_rb/?fromHomePage=true&shouldFireSellPageImplicitClaimGA=false&fromHomePageTab=buy

barn door.jpg

kitchen.jpg

Nice little profit, depending on how much he put in it.

7A74D396-455D-4E89-808A-8D2B2EF66C53.jpeg

Looks like the sale fell through though?

• Love 7

The picture is of the master bathroom in the house.

We have this vanity with a single sink. Due to the way the end of the faucet and back edge of the sink line up, you have to be really careful with how you use it or the water splashes back onto the counter and can easily flood the whole counter and floor. I don't remember now if we got it from Home Depot or Lowes. I hate it and I don't know why we haven't replaced the faucet fixtures yet, but we should and so should the buyer of this house.

ISusx1ka2c20hn1000000000.jpg

• Love 4

I know nothing about home reno, but the outside of the house doesn't seem to match up with the inside? Seems like they could have invested a little more in the facade. 

The inside color scheme isn't for me and feels too warm/cool clashy with the brown-toned wood floors and the gray/black walls/everything else, but maybe that's what's in.

• Love 6