Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

As I noted in the Friends thread, they really don't have space in those tiny planes to carry anything meaningful to help.   I don't know why they didn't take the Mitsubishi. That would have looked a little bit more legitimate. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, lascuba said:

While I'm not fully convinced yet, I don't disagree with this, either. At this point, I think it's a fair assumption to say that Jana is, at the very least, content with her life, and any desire for marriage and kids is more theoretical than anything else at this point. Because if she really were unhappy, she would have easily been long married by now. Pickiness is smart, no doubt, but I have to wonder how much of that pickiness is just masking a lack of desire for marriage (I always called myself picky--which I am--before it really hit me that I just had zero interest in marriage, so I'm projecting, here), because in her world, where being a wife and mother is the only ambition she's allowed, it's just odd that she wouldn't have met anyone that she'd consider marrying. There's no doubt that plenty of men have been interested.

There's a whole lot of possible reasons that likely intersect:

1) She's not that romantic, falling desperately in love/lust type like Jill and Jinger, so she thinks a lot more about the ramifications of marrying a particular suitor in a way that I doubt those two did;

2) She's also not the pragmatic Jessa, who wanted to be married so went for the first guy she liked who met all her requirements for a husband (too bad financial independence wasn't on that list). 

3) She clearly hates being on the show, so any man who's eager to be part of it turns her off on a subconscious level.

4)She's got a good deal going now...a large house she runs without the financial responsibility and freedom to do what she wants (wants that have been molded by her upbringing, of course, but how to separate the two at this point?) except avoiding the cameras, and no potential suitor has been able to match that. Why go live with a stranger she'd have to answer to when she's got a comfortable, familiar gig?

On top of all that, I think she had a courtship go bad-JB didn't approve?-that probably soured her on the whole thing. 

In short, if Jana wanted to be married by now, she would be. 

I actually think #3 is a huge part of it. She doesn't want an entire season focused on her. I bet she's thought for years, "hey, the show can't go on much longer, can it?" I wouldn't be surprised if she got married right after the show ended. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I actually think #3 is a huge part of it. She doesn't want an entire season focused on her. I bet she's thought for years, "hey, the show can't go on much longer, can it?" I wouldn't be surprised if she got married right after the show ended. 

Unfortunately, KJB would never allow Jana's wedding to be a quiet, un-televised affair. Even if they cancel Counting On after they've run out of boys to marry off, Jana's wedding will be a stand-alone VSE. The leghumpers want that payoff.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Unfortunately, KJB would never allow Jana's wedding to be a quiet, un-televised affair. Even if they cancel Counting On after they've run out of boys to marry off, Jana's wedding will be a stand-alone VSE. The leghumpers want that payoff.

You're probably right, and how sad is that?  Famewhore parents who think it's all about them.  

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Not seen a single post from Duggars to pray for Puerto Rico and USVI. Their lives matter, too. Aaaaaaaaand, many expectant mothers there carrying VERY wanted and much loved children under extreme duress, struggling to survive amid a lack of food, water, prenatal care, and sanitation.  Many women are in danger of suffering miscarriages, premature labor, as well as being exposed to Zika.

i guess handing out tracts and DumDums is all we can expect from their ilk.

If I could like this a thousand times, I would!!!

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, here are my wishes for Jana's hypothetical future marriage.  Jana and groom "meet cute", similar to Zach Bates and Whitney.  They court as long as they want, and are engaged as long as they want.  Jill and Jessa are left behind altering dresses while Jana and the rest go out partying in typical pre-wedding fundy fun.  Unlike her siblings, Jana has class and does not go for the cash/gift grabs.  She does, however, inform Jessa that she's expecting a beautiful jewelry box - the best her money can buy.  Jill and Jessa are part of the wedding party, but at the very end of the line, indicating they are her least favorite.  Jana either kisses hubby at the altar, or doesn't, and it's totally her own call.  She and hubby leave the reception ASAP, but not for sex - they've already sealed the deal on their terms.  No, they're rushing to get to the pharmacy before it closes to pick up her birth control pills. 

After double-crossing Jim Bob, Jana negotiates her own VSE and People cover.  In her cover issue, People comments that Jana's dress is far lovelier than Jessa's pink princess gown, and Jeremy is dethroned as "best" husband.  After the honeymoon, Jana and hubby inform JB and Michelle to never, ever come over without a direct invitation, and dropping off children is totally unacceptable. 

Jana has exactly the number of children she wants, with absolutely no concern for God's wishes.  And although Jana's husband is strong, intelligent, and gets his hand's dirty, she's got him wrapped around her finger and does exactly as she pleases.  When JB and Michelle start wearing diapers, Jana frees Josie from potential caretaking duties, and checks her parents into a crappy, rundown nursing home, where they live as roommates.  Jana takes her proper place as matriarch of the family, either finds her twin a woman, or sanctions his bachelorhood, and everybody comes when they're invited to kiss her ring.  The end.

• Love 22

Jana may be like one of my co-workers. She (the co-worker) is a very nice, fun young woman in her early thirties.  She is not interested in men, nor is she interested in women, either.  She is perfectly content living with her parents and paying rent to them.

• Love 3

If we're throwing out fantasy scenarios let's go all the way. I hope Jana is already married (assuming that's what she wants) and living on the down low with her non-Boob approved non-fundy husband. They use birth control and do whatever they damn well please. Boob's head is exploding but he keeps quiet to keep the gravy train rolling.

Edited by lulu69
Clarity
  • Love 3
On 10/1/2017 at 4:03 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Yes, if you have your own place, your own money, and you don't have to raise a passel of your siblings because your parents are too checked out / obsessed with their own grandeur to raise them.

And as soon as the youngest one leaves, Jana will be free to change Boob and Mechelle's diapers. Seriously, the lone SAHD would be the nartual choice for elder caretaker.

I think Jana will marry someday, and have an average number of kids. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I'll bite.  What's a Boston marriage?

Back in the day, two women who remained single and lived together were referred to as having a 'Boston marriage'.  In some cases, this probably happened out of economic necessity, but many of these women were obviously involved in a romantic relationship that was not considered 'proper'.  Apparently, it was something that happened a fair amount in Boston years ago, and became a euphemism for a lesbian relationship.

• Love 24

In the latest episode I noticed in the girls room there is a nook with a full sized bed and a curtain for privacy. I wonder if that's Jana's area, if so that's incredibly sad. I wish they'd build her one of those tiny living houses in the backyard. 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Lunera said:

In the latest episode I noticed in the girls room there is a nook with a full sized bed and a curtain for privacy. I wonder if that's Jana's area, if so that's incredibly sad. I wish they'd build her one of those tiny living houses in the backyard. 

I hope that she is allowed at least that much privacy and doesn't have to share the bed with precious miracle or any of the other little girls.  And, yes, she deserves a private room, complete with a door that locks and her own bathroom that she doesn't have to share with anyone, ever.

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Wasn't that Anna's punishment area while Joshley was in Jesus Jail?

• Love 7

I think that curtained off area in the girls' dormitory is for Laura. She obviously lives there...she MAY be the kids' tutor...or I mean teacher, which goes against Arkansas Homeschooling rules. The Duggar parents would never THINK to give Jana, a fully grown woman of 27 years old her own space.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I think that curtained off area in the girls' dormitory is for Laura. She obviously lives there...she MAY be the kids' tutor...or I mean teacher, which goes against Arkansas Homeschooling rules. The Duggar parents would never THINK to give Jana, a fully grown woman of 27 years old her own space.

I think grandma's old room is Laura's. How embarrassing would it be if JB offered that miserable corner to their paid tutor. No way is she turning into the new Duggar sister mom.

In that episode Jana and Joy kept going in the "room" to get clothes.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Yeah, but then she'd be too far from her assignments. Somebody'd have to CALL her to deal with the chores that came up. .... It's kinda like Grandma being installed next to the laundry room all those years. JB and M are efficiency experts. Their slaves are installed in places where they won't waste time commuting. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

The Duggar parents would never THINK to give Jana, a fully grown woman of 27 years old her own space.

I think that you're right. I think that they literally NEVER THINK about her. If someone asks, they have a pat answer of "Jana LOVES sharing a room with her sisters. We asked the kids when we moved into the TTH if they wanted separate rooms, but they INSISTED on staying together" with a side of "many young men have asked to court Jana, but she's very picky."

I think that JB and J'chelle  get up in the morning (afternoon) and wander around doing whatever it is they do all day without the slightest thought about any of their kids. Jana will see that they are "dressed" and "fed" and then Laura will "teach" them, and then it will be prayer time, and then bed time -- rinse and repeat.

• Love 18

Folks, I get that Josiah posted about abortion on Instagram, but our site does not allow political discussion that doesn't relate directly to show content, and even then, it has to be about the show content itself, not your own opinions. This, in particular, is a topic where it's impossible to divorce personal feelings and views from discussion of Josiah's post. Please do not continue the discussion about abortion or any other inherently political topic. I know the Duggars tempt us constantly with their social media, but we'll simply have to resist, in order to follow the site rules.

• Love 11

Are we honestly to believe that at 27 yrs of age that John David prefers sleeping in a dormitory with 7 other brothers?  Are we to believe that at 27 that John David has no sexual urges and has never "taken care of business" on his own?  

• Love 10
Just now, Caracoa1 said:

Are we honestly to believe that at 27 yrs of age that John David prefers sleeping in a dormitory with 7 other brothers?  Are we to believe that at 27 that John David has no sexual urges and has never "taken care of business" on his own?  

You assume Jim Bob and Michelle have considered that the thoughts and wishes of teenagers should be re-evaluated when said teenager is pushing 30.

• Love 13
On 10/3/2017 at 2:41 PM, floridamom said:

I’m hoping Laura whisks Jana away from the TTH and they get an apartment together.  I’d watch the hell out of that show.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, queenanne said:

You assume Jim Bob and Michelle have considered that the thoughts and wishes of teenagers should be re-evaluated when said teenager is pushing 30.

Or 50. Should such a misfortune occur in this family. 

And it could. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

See, that's the benefit of having a house you own, even if you don't live there full time. JD could have gone to that house to relieve himself!

• Love 6

Color me shocked!! Virginia Woolf NEVER thought of such a thing 100 years ago. . . <rolls eyes>

(I hope she has it fully soundproofed and can lock & bolt it to keep out the overly demanding family members when needed.)

After I posted about the She Shed I noticed that there is a commercial running that features a She Shed and the tag line "No bras allowed" with the bra being flung over the doorknob so I hope this is exactly the kind of She Shed Jana has.

• Love 3

The phrases "she-shed" and "man-cave" normally make me want to scream and throw things.  Call them retreats, dens, offices, rec rooms, anything else.  But if any Duggar needs a place to hide away and be by herself, Jana certainly does.  

• Love 23
11 minutes ago, EAG46 said:

The phrases "she-shed" and "man-cave" normally make me want to scream and throw things.  Call them retreats, dens, offices, rec rooms, anything else.  

ITA - can I add the term "hacks" to the list?

• Love 8

When is the season finale of this show?  Don't they usually announce a new courtship/pregnancy/whatever right before?  I'm expecting one soon especially as they have no kids courting and I imagine no one gives two craps about any other pregnancy except maybe Jinger (and she and Jeremy seem like theyre in no hurry).

• Love 1

Well, Monday appears to be [All About] Tomboy Joy (yes, that's the episode name), but they have so little footage of her that there's wedding planning included. 10/16 is a rerun of the wedding. My guide doesn't go past that, so I can't say if that's the season finale or not. It is Episode 6, which is all they had last season, excluding the After Show bits.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I just had a really sad thought while looking at the media thread, which is talking about the Duggars' lawsuit against In Touch for publishing the information about Josh molesting his sisters. Jana was the girl who wasn't molested, but she witnessed Jim Bob and Michelle's terrible handling of the situation and all of the aftermath of that. Do y'all think she might be staying at Jim Bob and Michelle's instead of going off to make her own life because she's afraid that if she leaves, the younger girls could be in danger? Maybe staying is the only way she can think of to protect her sisters?

If so... God. Poor Jana. 

• Love 12

Whatever is going on with Jana, I think her parent's poor parenting is, at least, part of it. It's got to be kind of scary to leave small children in the care of people who just don't give a shit. I don't blame the others for wanting to get out and essentially throwing their siblings to the wolves, but I don't blame Jana for staying.

• Love 11

I think that part of the reason Jana isn't taking off to be married is that she is too responsible to leave the rearing of her younger siblings to whomever Jim Bob & Michelle drag in to take care of them. Couldn't you just see Jill Rodriguez happily handing over her two oldest daughters to become unpaid nannies for the Duggar children and grandchildren?

• Love 7

Jana doesn't seem to have any personal opinion about anything. She was trained up to believe whatever her father decides is the Godly, right thing, no matter what the situation. I think she has no bad opinion about how Jim Bob and Michelle handled the "Josh" situation at all.  She's at home because that's what she's allowed to do..just stay at home, continue her chores and responsibilities until daddy tells her he has 'the guy for her' to court. I don't understand why she and John David aren't married with 5 children apiece already. It goes against their beliefs to have them still single. Something is up with those two, but I can't figure it out. Their parents are tight lipped about that situation and it's curious as to why.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

Something is up with those two, but I can't figure it out. Their parents are tight lipped about that situation and it's curious as to why.

I agree. I find it strange that they're both approaching 30 and neither appears to have any prospects on the horizon. JD isn't a looker, but he's one of the only Duggar boys who has actual skills to support a family, and you'd think that would be valued in a cult where most of the families are sleeping eight to a bedroom and living off bologna sandwiches. 

Jana is attractive, experienced with children and has been effectively running a household for a decade, yet she's sitting on the shelf while brain-dead Joy is pregnant with her first kid. It makes no sense.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 18