Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Not to defend JB&Michelle, but I don’t think they’ve stolen Jana’s life. Jana isn’t dead yet (firstly) and she’s only 28 (secondly). I’m sure she’s got things in her life she enjoys. I’d rather be Jana than Jill....or even Jessa. 

Joy is the one I feel sorry for. Her husband seems intense.  I have a feeling she is catching hell.  Hope I am wrong.  

• Love 13
15 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Not to defend JB&Michelle, but I don’t think they’ve stolen Jana’s life. Jana isn’t dead yet (firstly) and she’s only 28 (secondly). I’m sure she’s got things in her life she enjoys. I’d rather be Jana than Jill....or even Jessa. 

I tend to agree with this. I think Jana--in the context of her belief system and community--has a significant amount of autonomy compared to most women her age. She has access to enough money for whatever pet projects she wants to do, she travels, and for all the CinderJana talk, I suspect they have a lot more outside help than just the live in tutor. Jana may be busy running house, but she's *running* that house. JB and Michelle might be officially in charge and can pull in the reins when they want, but since Jana isn't out partying or making friends they dont' aprove of, so they let her be. She won't have that freedom if she were to marry, and she's never struck me as someone who wants true freedom outside of fundamentalism. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Ahhhh another pic of Abbie wearing my dress again. ? I took a pic of it full length, but I had to keep cropping it until it would upload. The dress is a maxi dress.  You can kind of see the short sleeves poking out from under the modesty sweater in this pic. For the life of me, I have no idea why the sweater is necessary! It's also short sleeved, so I can't imagine how it adds that much warmth. Maybe they find it too form-fitting. 

IMG_0587.JPG

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, zenme said:

We don't get a choice in family members, but we do get to choose our friends. With some family I have to limit my time with them. Just small spoonfuls at a time, in order to keep myself from either being hurt or angry. As a matter of fact, the other day my mother got really upset with me because we'd gone to visit my sister. We had a nice afternoon, and while everyone was still happy, I told my mom, "It's getting later. We should go now." In her typical style, she didn't want to leave yet, and lo and behold, my sister started becoming annoyed and short in her words. When we got in the car, I said to my mom "Your problem is that you always overstay. If you would just make your visits short and sweet, and then no one would be aggravated by the time you leave."  She was very upset,  but I feel this is the only way she'll get it. 

I look at other mother/daughter relationships and I'm envious that ours can't be like theirs. Personalities, along with histories,  can really get in the way of that. 

Same here. I’m glad I’m not the only one!  Only measured, minimal contact, mostly to make my kids happy. And even that is always a huge emotional drain. 

I cannot imagine what they’d be up till all hours talking and praying about that they didn’t do while together all day sitting around doing nothing and eating instant crap off of paper plates!  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, awaken said:

Same here. I’m glad I’m not the only one!  Only measured, minimal contact, mostly to make my kids happy. And even that is always a huge emotional drain. 

I cannot imagine what they’d be up till all hours talking and praying about that they didn’t do while together all day sitting around doing nothing and eating instant crap off of paper plates!  

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and call Bullshit on that. No way that's what's going on at the Duggar compound.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and call Bullshit on that. No way that's what's going on at the Duggar compound.

I agree, and this to me is the difference between the Duggars and the Bates families. The Bates kids have more authentic relationships with one another, while the Duggars seem to have a relationships but  still seem guarded.  It's strange and unusual.

• Love 7

I was watching JB & Michelle on YouTube speaking at a 2013 conference.

JB started off saying how it was a good sized crowd for so early in the morning. He retold yet again how the Duggers are not early risers and run on Dugger time.

Michelle pipes in to say that around 11:00 p.m., most nights, her teen agers come into her bedroom to "just share their hearts".  This goes on til 2:00 A.M..

Obviously, no one needs to be rested for work or school the next morning.

In Growing up Dugger, the girls confirm this weird nocturnal heart sharing.

Also, just before his marriage, Joe thanked Michelle for talking with him till all hours of the morning.

• Love 5

So, the Lawson Bates/Jana Duggar rumours are out and about again.  He apparently posted a photo of Jana and Spurgeon on his Instagram account and deleted it.  

I saw this on Youtube: 

I must say, I really hate when you have to listen to the computer voice.  

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

The most striking thing to me about this video is that Jana is wearing a sleeveless top.  

TWO sleeveless tops. And the outer one looks like a cap-sleeved top with the sleeves pushed up. (So she can whisk them back down should Mullet show up.)

ETA: Lawson's pix are posier and prettier than Jana's pix.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 3

Lawson is an ass if he posted that picture to draw traffic to his Instagram. I doubt he's dating Jana and he had to know the rumors would swirl if she showed up on his social media. I feel so bad for this poor woman constantly being the subject of "is she or isn't she" dating stories. If Lawson makes any sort of statement denying a relationship, then I'm officially done with him.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, drafan said:

ETA: Lawson's pix are posier and prettier than Jana's pix.

Lawson probably spends more time in front of the mirror than most women in their culture, and his pics are all about him regardless of occasion or caption, like the mother's day photo of him and Kelly with Lawson front and center and Kelly half out of the frame . . . 

• Love 10
(edited)

I don’t think Lawson is a bad guy, just too full of himself when it comes to his looks and music ability. He is hardworking, since he had the lawn business, and generous enough to help his parents and siblings when they needed money. He also seems like he has an easy going personality.  He used to annoy me the most from the Bates boys, but he is growing on me. I think he would make a better husband than Nathan. 

I’m starting to think he wouldn’t make a bad spouse for Jana, as long as she covers up all the mirrors in the house. He did used to work with his hands and could help her with her garden, and they both like music. He seems like he would be a good dad, although he would probably be in all the baby pictures!

Edited by EVS
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Lawson sure seems to be spending a lot of time with the Duggars this year. Wonder why?

In the last year and a half they've had three Duggar weddings to attend; Joy's, Joe's and Josiah's. And Lawson never misses an opportunity to take a picture of himself, so his face is everywhere.

I agree with @EVS that Lawson is nice enough and probably harmless, but I wouldn't want Jana or any other women to have to catch and cradle him when he finds out that he's not a very good musician and really not much more handsome than the average dude.

• Love 10

It wasn't just a picture of Jana, it was Jana and Spurgeon. I didn't think anything of it because he has posted tons of pictures of Spurge and other babies.

I think he deleted it so quick (under 1 minute) because he realized he didn't ask Jana's permission to post it, or didn't want to subject her to more rumors. 

aa98eccf-bb34-452c-9eb7-c5cc4413df3e.thumb.jpg.463cd7ae433f572b2580d2097d28168f.jpg

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

It wasn't just a picture of Jana, it was Jana and Spurgeon. I didn't think anything of it because he has posted tons of pictures of Spurge and other babies.

I think he deleted it so quick (under 1 minute) because he realized he didn't ask Jana's permission to post it, or didn't want to subject her to more rumors. 

aa98eccf-bb34-452c-9eb7-c5cc4413df3e.thumb.jpg.463cd7ae433f572b2580d2097d28168f.jpg

That’s a nice picture of Jana. She looks a little like Jill in the picture. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

That's the first time I've seen a picture of Jana wearing shorts.  I'm really surprised to see that.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Mollie said:

That's the first time I've seen a picture of Jana wearing shorts.  I'm really surprised to see that.

They’re not shorts. They look like it because of the way her leg is bent and the crease it makes on the skirt. There is no seam on the skirt. I wonder why it’s bunched though. 

• Love 4

I have to be careful of the tops I wear with my denim skirt. It always makes my stomach look bigger too.i think it's a skirt. Just still so curious as to why Lawson would take the pic and post...

33 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

That’s a nice picture of Jana. She looks a little like Jill in the picture. 

She looks like Jill wishes she looked.  I agree with the poster who said that Jana is the most classically beautiful of the sisters.  I think part of it is from not looking overtly like a Duggar, at least in my humble opinion.

• Love 15
On 6/30/2018 at 3:20 AM, DragonFaerie said:

Was there a chaperone?

QUESTION OF THE DAY!!!!

can you imagine in your craziest dreams being TWENTY-EIGHT and having a CHAPERONE?  If not, that’s just WRONG because I betcha if Jana suddenly were courting, SHE’D be expected to have a chaperone.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, louannems said:

I was watching JB & Michelle on YouTube speaking at a 2013 conference.

JB started off saying how it was a good sized crowd for so early in the morning. He retold yet again how the Duggers are not early risers and run on Dugger time.

Michelle pipes in to say that around 11:00 p.m., most nights, her teen agers come into her bedroom to "just share their hearts".  This goes on til 2:00 A.M..

Obviously, no one needs to be rested for work or school the next morning.

In Growing up Dugger, the girls confirm this weird nocturnal heart sharing.

Also, just before his marriage, Joe thanked Michelle for talking with him till all hours of the morning.

Another weird thing about this lifestyle,  if true, is when did Boob and Mechelle find time for hey, hey, hey? After 2 am? Or typically in the morning? Would that be more like late morning, since they were up half the night?

And who gets up with the Littles in the early morning, since all the older people were up half the night? Or did the teens each have a designated night to share their hearts, so that they weren't all up every night, waiting in line (lol)

• Love 8

Yeah, logistically it just seems doubtful that all those late nights chatting, plus all the hey hey hey it must take to have that many kids, could be happening!  Or, it reinforces what we’ve seen, no schedule, kids running wild eating random stuff from the fridge, sleep deprived kids, always bring late, and accomplishing very little as a family. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, awaken said:

Yeah, logistically it just seems doubtful that all those late nights chatting, plus all the hey hey hey it must take to have that many kids, could be happening!  Or, it reinforces what we’ve seen, no schedule, kids running wild eating random stuff from the fridge, sleep deprived kids, always bring late, and accomplishing very little as a family. 

At least the hey hey hey doesn't take long (per Michelle)

• Love 7
(edited)
17 hours ago, sarasue59 said:

She looks like Jill wishes she looked.  I agree with the poster who said that Jana is the most classically beautiful of the sisters.  I think part of it is from not looking overtly like a Duggar, at least in my humble opinion.

Really? I find she looks strikingly like Jim Bob, though not as much as Jessa, but a softer version of him.  She also favors Amy at times.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips

You would think out of all the kids there would be a dead ringer for a parent, but I find none of them do! Sure, some have some aspects of Jim Bob or Michelle, but none that you could look at and say, "Yep, that's definitely her/his kid!"

33 minutes ago, zenme said:

You would think out of all the kids there would be a dead ringer for a parent, but I find none of them do! Sure, some have some aspects of Jim Bob or Michelle, but none that you could look at and say, "Yep, that's definitely her/his kid!"

I don’t know. Josie is kind of a Michelle clone. And Jessa looks like Jim Bob. I always get the impression that Jim Bob’s baby pictures and Spurgie’s would be identical.

• Love 4

Spurge has Boob's leering grin. He's such a cute kid now, but I wonder if the Duggar Puberty Curse is going to strike when he comes of age. If you ever look at old pictures of the J'Boys, every single one of them was cherubic until the age of 12/13. 

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Really? I find she looks strikingly like Jim Bob, though not as much as Jessa, but a softer version of him.  She also favors Amy at times.

If she resembled a one parent over another, yes, I would say Jim Bob, but I don't feel it's that strong a resemblance, so that's why I feel that she doesn't overtly look like a Duggar.  But that's just my opinion. =)

• Love 4

I find it more noticeable when she smiles or is next to him.   On her own not so much since she doesn’t have his eyes.   I guess she looks more like that Duggar instead of the “typical” Duggar.  

Now those Kellers OTOH.  Jeez Marcus looked like Anna’s dad right fron the womb...and that ain’t necessarily good. 

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Fosca said:

But all the boys look so much alike, particularly as teens.  It's fascinating.

And disturbing.

To this day, I still cannot distinguish between the younger Duggar boys, and the older ones I only know now because they're getting married off.  I usually have to picture their wimminfolk and then I can match their Wonder-bread husband.  And the fact that I used to think Josiah was adorable makes me kind of want to heave, since he is now basically an exact replica, if thinner, version of Josh.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I find it more noticeable when she smiles or is next to him.   On her own not so much since she doesn’t have his eyes.   I guess she looks more like that Duggar instead of the “typical” Duggar.  

Now those Kellers OTOH.  Jeez Marcus looked like Anna’s dad right fron the womb...and that ain’t necessarily good. 

The Bates all look like twins too, especially the men.  I just discovered that there’s a Katie Bates, and she looks JUST like Erin.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ivonaygirl said:

Hi everyone! Long time lurker here. I live two blocks from the Burnett family in Stratford Ok. They homeschooled all children. They told us they knew the Duggars for a long time. My child would go to their summer vacation bible school they held at their two story white frame house. They also have bee hives and sell honey and honey comb. I am pagan but allow my children to freely explore religions of interest. The Burnett’s would carol us at Christmas every year. They really are a loving family. No leg jumper here. Lol I’m glad JD has courted Abby. We were invited to one of the other daughters wedding so I’ll clue everyone in if we get an invite to this one if they get engaged. 

Thanks for the inside information!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Ivonaygirl said:

Hi everyone! Long time lurker here. I live two blocks from the Burnett family in Stratford Ok. They homeschooled all children. They told us they knew the Duggars for a long time. My child would go to their summer vacation bible school they held at their two story white frame house. They also have bee hives and sell honey and honey comb. I am pagan but allow my children to freely explore religions of interest. The Burnett’s would carol us at Christmas every year. They really are a loving family. No leg jumper here. Lol I’m glad JD has courted Abby. We were invited to one of the other daughters wedding so I’ll clue everyone in if we get an invite to this one if they get engaged. 

4 minutes ago, Ivonaygirl said:

Your welcome! I love love love this blog. 

24 minutes ago, EVS said:

Thanks for the inside information!

969F510D-0A92-4BFE-B53D-622F7998CD80.jpeg

Just now, Ivonaygirl said:

969F510D-0A92-4BFE-B53D-622F7998CD80.jpeg

This is from the fireworks show at Paul’s valley ok.  

• Love 8